Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ For the Love of Nidoran! ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 21: For the Love of Nidoran!

This chapter is going to have a Romeo and Juliet theme to go with it, but with a happy ending; and that ending being Sora gaining both Nidoran. Also Sora will be getting an update on his Pokédex towards the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

It has been a few days since Sora and company saw Riku again and his Rockruff evolving into the Dusk Form Lycanroc; so far no sign of Team Rocket has been seen since then. Sora was starting to think maybe it was a good thing.

But then suddenly.

A loud crashing sound was heard.

"What was that?" Sora jumped.

"I don't know," Illima answered. "We should just see for ourselves."

They group made their way through the shrubs and they gasped to the sight that they saw. It was a bunch of Nidoran fighting each other. Both males and females. And there were also Nidorino and another Pokémon that greatly resembled the female Nidoran, but larger and had horns on their backs. They were a whole bunch of them fughting, in fact so many they couldn't possibly count all of them. But some of these Pokémon had red markings on their horns and spines while others had green. Sora took out his Pokédex to analyze the two kinds of Pokémon fighting along the Nidoran.

Nidorina, the Poison Pin Pokémon

The evolved form of the Female Nidoran

Type: Poison

When Nidorina are with their friends or family, they keep their barbs tucked away to prevent hurting each other. This Pokémon appears to become nervous if separated from the others.

Nidorino, the Poison Pin Pokémon

The evolved form of the Male Nidoran

Type: Poison

Nidorino has a horn that is harder than a diamond. If it senses a hostile presence, all the barbs on its back bristle up at once, and it challenges the foe with all its might.

"Nidoran, Nidorino, and Nidorina," Lillie said.

"They must be two rival clans," Mallow said.

"But what are they fighting about?" Sophicles asked.

"You don't think that it could be about territory or food do you?" Sora asked.

"That could be it," Lillie said.

The group watched the battle of the Nidoran family when a loud roar is heard from each side. From two sides came one large purple Pokémon with large ears and a large horn. And a large bulky tail one toe on each foot and three fingers on each hand. And one of each of a large blue Pokémon with large round ears and two small horns in the center of it's head. Its jaw is cream colored. They had short legs and arms with white claws (two on its feet and three on each paw) and a large bulky tail. These Pokémon also has a couple of cream, armor like scales on its body. Alongside its jaw, other parts include two armored lumps on its upper chest and a segmented piece on the abdomen. And like the Nidoran, Nidorino, and Nidorina, they had the same red and green markings on their horns and spines.

"Nidoking and Nidoqueen," Lana whispered. "One of each side."

Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon

The evolved form of Nidorino

Type: Poison/Ground

Nidoking's thick tail packs enormously destructive power. With one swing, it can topple a metal transmission tower. Once this Pokémon goes on a rampage, there is no stopping it.

Nidoqueen, the Drill Pokémon

The evolved form of Nidorina

Type: Poison/Ground

Nidoqueen's body is encased in extremely hard scales. It is adept at sending foes flying with harsh tackles. This Pokémon is at its strongest when it is defending its young.

"Looks like they're both in charge," Sora pointed out.

"Just like kings and queens," Kairi added. "And I don't think they like each other very much."

The Nidoking started to charge into each other with their horns clashing like swords. The two Nidoqueen did the same thing, slamming into each other. Neither one was moving an inch.

"This is pretty epic," Sophocles commented.

"We better get a move on before they see us," Kiawe said.

Everyone agreed as they made their move quietly, not wanting to draw any of their attention.

Team Rocket were in the area as well. Jessie looked through her binoculars witnessing the brawl between the Nidoran familes.

"Well, well," Jessie said. "Look at what we have here."

"Nidoran, Nirorina, Nidorino, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen," James said. "All of them right for taking."

"Just imagine the promotion that the boss will give us when we give them all to him!" Jessie beamed.

"We'll be at last the top executives of Team Rocket!" James also beamed.

"And I can finally be back on the boss's lap where I belong!" Meowth said.

Meowth imagined being stroked by Giovanni's hand. Meowth is just loving every bit of the boss's strokes. Persian just gave a sad look and just walks off, heartbroken over that Giovanni chose Meowth over Persian. Back to reality Meowth just guffawed at the thought of upstaging that Persian just like how Persian upstaged him.

"Let's get to planning!" Jessie said.

"And the dream of becoming top executives will soon become a reality!" James added.

"YEAH!" Team Rocket cheered.

Elsewhere, a male and female Nidoran were nuzzling one another. The male Nidoran has a green marking on his horn as the female has a red marking on hers.

The two Nidoran nearly jumped in fright as they heard footsteps. The male took a look to make sure that they weren't being followed. But instead, he saw eleven humans and a Pikachu. The male Nidoran gestured that it was okay, it's just humans and a Pikachu. The female Nidoran took a look and saw them as well.

"This looks like a good spot," Mallow said.

"Sure is," Sora said. "A chance to do some relaxing." Sora took out his five Pokéballs and hurled them in the air letting out Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Zubat, and Lycanroc.

Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle played a bit while Zubat hung in the shade of the tree and Lycanroc laid down on the side. Apparently Lycanroc has lost his playful side after evolving.

The two Nidoran watched the four Pokémon play about while Sora polished his Pokéballs keeping them at their best. Kiawe called out Marowak for for some training. Kairi and Mallow set up so they could get ready to make some lunch.

Everyone had their own thing to do. Just as the rest the Alolan nine called their Pokémon out to join in on the fun. All but except for Mudsdale whom just started to eat some dirt and Mimikyu who preferred to be with Acerola.

Pikachu was being playfully chased by Snowy as they spotted two Nidoran in the shrubs watching them.

"Pika!" Pikachu greeted.

They just hid into the shrubs. Pikachu and Snowy just looked at each other. Just then, Sora called the Pokémon for lunch.

"Hey everyone!" Sora called out. "It's time for lunch!"

Pikachu and Snowy joined the other Pokémon for lunch.

The two Nidoran poked their heads back out and saw the other Pokémon gathering around for the meal being prepared for them. They looked at each other and nodded as they agreed they seemed to be nice. They raced over to the group. Sora was about to take a bite when he spotted two Nidoran coming up to the group.

"Hey guys look," Sora said getting everyone's attention. They all turned to look at the newcomers.

"Nidoran," Mallow said.

"Both male and female," Lana pointed out.

"They look like the other ones," Kiawe said. "Look at the markings on their horns and spines."

Everyone got a good look and remembered the fighting that the Nidoran family did and the red and green markings they all had. But these two aren't fighting each other for some reason.

"You're right," Sora said. "But what are they doing out here?"

Kairi giggled as she just figured something out.

"I think these two are very sweet on each other," Kairi said. "And I bet the lovebirds would like to sample my Pokémon food." Kairi got up and poured a bowl of Pokémon food for the two Nidoran and presented it to them. The Nidoran were skeptical about accepting it from the girl. Kairi gave a assuring look. "Go ahead. You'll love it."

The male Nidoran took the first bite and his tastebuds started dancing. He turned to the female and told her that it's good. The female took a bite of Kairi's Pokémon food and instantly liked it as well. The two Nidoran in love joined Pikachu and the other Pokémon for lunch.

"You never fail to amaze me, Kairi," Illima said.

"You manage to win over any Pokémon that you come across," Acerola said as Mina nodded.

"It's my gift," Kairi smiled.

Kairi smiled to see the two Nidoran enjoying their meal. She found it to be the cutest thing that she had ever seen.

The group enjoyed their meal right up until a beam hits the center of the circle scattering the food.

"What was that?!" Sophocles yelled.

"Man over board!" Sora exclaimed.

They all looked to the source of the beam came from. All the Pokémon were just as confused to what happened; except for the Nidoran. They all saw that it was the red marking Nidoking that fired the attack.

"It's one of those Nidoking from earlier," Hapu pointed out.

"And he looks pissed," Kiawe added.

Marowak was angered that the meal that Kairi had provided was ruined by this Nidoking's rude interruption, so he charged at the large Pokémon to swing his bone at him, only for the Nidoking to give the bone keeper Pokémon a toss in the other direction. He marched over towards the female Nidoran and picked her up. He went towards the forest's trees. Just before the male could go after her, a roar is heard. Everyone saw the green marking Nidoking. This Nidoking just simply pointed to the ground. The male Nidoran simply went over to the Nidoking. He picked him up and went over towards the grasslands.

Once they were gone, they all looked at each other and the mess that the red marked Nidoking had left.

"What was that all about?" Sophocles asked dazed.

"I don't know," Hapu said regaining her senses. "I blame Kiawe for this!"

"And how is this my fault?!" Kiawe barked at the Ground Type trainer.

"If you had learned to control that Marowak of yours, none of this would have happened!" Hapu argued.

"Marowak did that on his own!" Kiawe defended. "And I didn't exactly see you do anything to lend a hand!"

The two trainers argued and argued until Mallow spoke up.

"That is enough!" Mallow yelled. "It's no one's fault! It was that Nidoking that fired its Hyper Beam at us! I don't exactly know why it did that and took the girl Nidoran like that, but arguing about it isn't going to clean the mess it made!"

Kiawe and Hapu stopped arguing and silently agreed grudgingly. Kairi went over towards to Sora who was still dazed from the red marked Nidoking.

"Are you okay, Sora?" Kairi asked concerned helping him up.

"Yeah I'm fine," Sora said. "I took worse thrashings from Primeape. And shocks from Pikachu."

Pikachu just glared at his trainer for that remark. Bulbasaur, Lycanroc, Squirtle, Zubat, and Charmander slowly got up as a blue-haired young man within his early twenties and emerald green eyes came up to the group.

"Are you all alright?" the young man asked.

"We are," Lillie answered.

"We just can't say the same for our camp," Lana said.

"I'm just glad to see that you're okay," the young man said. "My name's Roman, by the way."

"I'm Sora," he introduced. "This here is Kairi."

"Hi," Kairi waved at him.

"I'll let the others introduce themselves," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"My name is Lillie."

"I'm Kiawe."

"Lana."

"I'm Mallow."

"The name's Sophocles."

"Illima."

"Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"Very good to meet you," Roman said. "I'm just sorry that this happened."

"What do you mean?" Hapu asked. "What did you do?"

"Well it's just I'm surprised to see anyone here after a long time," Roman explained.

"A long time?" Kairi asked.

"How about I help you clean up and I'll explain when we get my house," Roman proposed.

Everyone allowed Roman to help clean up the mess that the red marked Nidoking had left and left the area. Roman was pretty curious about the Marowak and Vulpix they had; just as he was surprised to see a Lycanroc as well. But this one was different from the ones he had seen in books. Kairi explained that they're from the Alola region, while she and Sora came from Pallet Town and Viridian City. And the Lycanroc is Sora's. Sora also explained that it's a Dusk Form. And he had caught him while he was just a Rockruff. Once they got the house. It reminded Kiawe of his farm back home. Kiawe explained to Roman that he grew up on a farm raising Tauros, Miltank, and Mudbray. Sora was curious about what Mudbray were so he looked it up in the Pokédex. The image on the Pokédex shows that it is a chocolate brown donkey with its underside, snout, and cheek being a lighter shade. It has eyes with solid black pupils with no iris. Its mane and tail are solid black in color. The lower legs are a light shade of brown in the shape of mud. The hoof is pure black.

Mudbray, the Donkey Pokémon

Type: Ground

It has a stubborn, individualistic disposition. Eating dirt, making mud, and playing in the mire all form part of its daily routine. The mud stuck to Mudbray's hooves enhances its grip and its powerful running gait.

"Must be a frustrating Pokémon to raise," Sora in his thoughts.

When the group entered the house they found a young woman with auburn red hair and amber eyes. She wore a yellow dress and an apron. She smiled as she turns to Roman and went up to kiss him on the lips, but is surprised to see the group of kids and a Pikachu with him.

"Oh Roman," the young woman said. "I didn't expect to see anyone here."

"Neither did I at first," Roman said. "I just found them in the field when one of the Nidoking attacked."

"Oh, not again," the young woman said. "But at least that they're okay."

"Everyone," Roman started. "This is my lovely wife Julia."

"Hello," Julia said warmly. Roman introduced the group starting with Sora and Kairi. "It's nice to meet all of you, but how did you managed to get here?"

"Well we were just passing by," Sora started. "We saw a bunch of Nidoran, Nidorino, and Nidorina fighting each other."

"And they all had markings on them," Kiawe said.

"Were they green and red, by chance?" Roman asked.

"Y-yeah," Sophocles nodded.

"I knew it," Roman sighed.

"And we were enjoying our lunch when two Nidoran with the same markings on them came and joined in," Mallow said.

"The boy Nidoran was marked green and the girl Nidoran was marked red," Acerola added.

"But then a Nidoking fired a Hyper Beam at us," Kairi said. "The one marked red. He took the girl Nidoran and went into the woods."

"Just after Kiawe's Marowak charged in trying to attack it," Hapu said. "But that Nidoking swung at his Marowak like it was nothing."

"After that the one marked red had left the other Nidoking had shown up and had the boy Nidoran come to him," Sora said. "And took him to the grasslands."

Roman and Julia looked at each other and nodded to each other. The group quickly gathered that they knew all about it.

"Well it's been going on like this for quite some time," Roman said.

"It's been happening for years," Julia added.

"What exactly is going on here?" Sora asked.

"And what did you mean that you're surprised to see anyone here?" Illima asked.

"Well we don't know the full details," Roman said. "But those two Nidoran clans had been going at each other's throats for many years. The ones marked red lives in the forest while the ones marked green lives in the grasslands."

"We don't know if it's which place is better to live in or about food or territory," Julia added. "But we only know that they've been fighting like crazy."

"It became a big problem for not only for anyone who would come here, but to all the Pokémon living in the area," Roman said.

"It became such a problem si no one would come by here," Julia said. "And it drove out most of the other Pokémon by destroying their homes."

"So that's why we built this place," Roman said. "A sanctuary for the homeless Pokémon."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine pretty much understood the situation. But except for one thing.

"But what's the deal with two of those Nidoran?" Sora asked.

"They weren't fighting each other at all," Kairi said. "It looked like that they were very friendly towards one another."

Roman and Julia nodded as they knew what Kairi meant.

"Those two Nidoran has a Romeo and Juliet thing going on," Julia said.

"Is that so?" Illima asked.

"Yes," Roman said. "Those two love each other with great passion despite where they're from."

"But the others of their clans have been keeping those two apart," Julia said. "But they continue to see each other. But they kept getting caught every time."

The group definitely understood the situation now. The Nidoran in love were just like Romeo and Juliet, but they all remembered how that ended. Sora and Kairi looked outside and saw some of the Pokémon on their ranch. There were some Caterpie, Weedle, Oddish, Bellsprout, Paras, Pidgey, Rattata, and Mankey on one part. And there were some Vulpix, Growlithe, Sandshrew, Ekans, Meowth, Spearow and Drowzee on another. They saw the saddened looks on their faces for the fact they were driven out because of a heated fued with possibly with no end.

"This doesn't look good for them, dose it?" Sora asked.

"No it doesn't," Kairi said. "It's just sad that the two Nidoran clans are just fighting each other and they don't care if it's effecting the others."

"Well it's not like that we can just put an end to the squabble or something like that," Sora said.

"I don't even know how we're going to do that anyway," Kairi admitted.

In the forest, the red marked Nidoking along with the red marked Nidoqueen stood before the female Nidoran with anger and disappointment.

"How many times must I tell you that you should not fraternize with those grasslanders?" - Nidoking subtitle.

"You don't even know him! Why can't you see that I love him?" - Nidoran Female subtitle.

"We will not tolerate your backtalk, missy! They are not to be trusted!" - Nidoqueen subtitle.

"But he can! I've been hearing that all my life! But why are we even fighting the grassland clan to begin with?" - Nidoran Female subtitle.

"They go around saying that they're better than we are! They said that they have it good compare to us! They had to rub it in our faces! So we made it our mission to drive them out!" - Nidoking subtitle.

Over to the grasslands, the green marked Nidoking and Nidoqueen looked over to the male Nidoran with anger and disappointment as well.

"Why must you always sneak out to see that forest dweller?" - Nidoqueen subtitle.

"How often must we tell you that forest dwelling Pokémon are nothing but trouble?" - Nidoking subtitle.

"What difference does that make? They're Pokémon just like we are! Why should it matter if we live in a grassland or a forest or a cave for that matter?" - Nidoran Male subtitle.

"A huge difference! They say that they're better than us! Those forest snobs have been causing trouble for us since the dawn of history!" - Nidoking subtitle.

Over to the forest.

"Just stay away from that grasslander!" - Nidoking subtitle.

Both the red marked Nidoking and Nidoqueen left the female Nidoran alone.

The female Nidoran had tears streaming in her eyes. She didn't want to be apart from the green marked Nidoran. She loves him so much.

Over to the grasslands.

"When you fall in love, it should be with YOUR own kind!" - Nidoking subtitle.

The green marked Nidoking and Nidoqueen left together leaving the male Nidoran alone. He refused to forget about her. There was only one thing to do.

That night, the male Nidoran looked all over for his significant other. He managed to find her by recognizing her smell. The two Nidoran nuzzled each other.

"My love. I couldn't bare the thought of being aprt from you." - Nidoran Female subtitle.

"Neither can I. I just don't get why they can't just see that we need each other." - Nidoran Male subtitle.

"I know. The fued between the clans will only continue to run our lives." - Nidoran Female subtitle.

"That's only if we stay here." - Nidoran Male subtitle.

The female Nidoran looked at him.

"What do you mean?" - Nidoran Female subtitle.

"We should just runaway together." - Nidoran Male subtitle.

"But where would we run to?" Nidoran Female subtitle.

The male Nidoran thought for a moment before he came up with a thought.

"We could go with those humans with the Pikachu and those other Pokémon. They seem to be friendly." - Nidoran Male subtitle.

" I don't know." - Nidoran Female subtitle.

"I know you're scared. And I am not going to lie; I am too. But we can't be together for as long as we stay here. But we can make a new start when we go with those trainers. But I can't do this without you." - Nidoran Male subtitle.

The male Nidoran held out his paw giving her a pleading look. The female Nidoran knew that he was right. And she wanted to be with him more than anything, so she took his paw and nuzzled him. He nuzzled her in return. The two Nidoran made off in the dead of night so that no one from their clans can see them. They managed to make it to a house and stopped there for the night. They got comfy sleeping next to one another. They nuzzled each other goodnight and slept.

One the very next morning they woke to see the Spiky-headed boy and his Pikachu from yesterday.

"How about, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner. "You ready for some training?"

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu responded.

"Shouldn't you slow down a bit," Kairi stepped out. The Nidoran recognized the girl who offered the Pokémon food to them. "You just had a big breakfast."

"I can handle myself," Sora said. "And besides, a Pokémon Master must be ready for anything!"

Kairi giggled at that. The Nidoran watched the humans and Pikachu leave. And they decided to follow them to see where they're going.

Over to the forest, the red mark clan marched their way for battle determined to drive out the green mark clan once and for all. Over to the grasslands, the green mark clan marched to drive out their hated enemies for good. Once they were in the open. The two clans stared into each other. The red mark clan Nidoking gave the order by by raising his hand and roared. The Nidoran, Nidorino and Nidorina charged in. Over to the green mark clan, their Nidoking did the same thing, sending their Nidoran, Nidorino, and Nidorina into battle.

Unknown to the two clans, Team Rocket has everything set and ready.

"This is wonderful," Jessie said. "They have all gathered into one place, just like I said they would."

"Should we just go ahead and spring the trap?" James asked.

"Not yet," Jessie said. "We'll just wait until they tire themselves out. And besides, the Nidoking and Nidoqueen should join the battle as well."

Over to Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu. The Nidoran followed the humans to they had set up camp before the red marked Nidoking fired Hyper Beam. Sora called out the other five Pokémon for some training. Pikachu was sparing with Lycanroc while Bulbasaur was sparing with Squirtle and Charmander was sparing with Zubat. Pikachu fired Thunderbolt while Lycanroc let out Rock Throw. Bulbasaur fired Razor Leaf while Squirtle shot Water Gun. And Charmander let out Flamethrower while dodging Zubat's Air Cutter.

"You guys are doing good!" Sora called out to them. Sora sat down and watched the Pokémon spar while Kairi took out a bottled water for him.

"I'm sure that you're thirsty," Kairi said. Sora smiled as he took the water bottle from her hand.

"Thank you Kairi," Sora said. Sora opened the bottle and drank its contents she watched his Pokémon spar.

"They seem to be getting better," Kairi said.

"I'll say," Sora agreed. "They should be after everything we've been through since the very start."

Kairi looked at Sora smiling warmly to him. He turned to her as he smiled just as warmly. The Nidoran looked at the two humans. The male Nidoran wrapped his foreleg around the female as she nuzzled his cheek. They slowly went up to the two humans.

The Nidoran grabbed their attention. Sora and Kairi looked at the two Nidoran in love.

"We know you two," Kairi said picking up the female Nidoran.

"We met you yesterday," Sora said picking up the male Nidoran. "Why aren't you two back at home with the others?"

The two Nidoran squeaked as they stated that they want to go with them. Kairi pretty much got what they meant.

"I think that they want to be your Pokémon," Kairi said. "Is that right?" The female Nidoran nodded.

"I don't know," Sora said looking at the male Nidoran in his arms.

"I think you should catch them, Sora," Kairi said. "It dosen't look like that their families are going to see eye to eye about their relationship. And I know they'll be very happy at Professor Oak's lab."

Sora thought for a moment. Kairi did have a point about having two additions to his team and that the two Nidoran clans fueding and fighting, but he was carrying six Pokémon as it is. And he also knew that it wouldn't end it.

Sora's train of thought was interrupted when he, Kairi, and the Pokémon heard noises coming in the distance. They all raced towards the source and saw all the Nidoran families being caught in a giant net.

"How did this happen?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Sora! Over there!" Kairi pointed to his right. Sora looked at what she was pointing at only to see Team Rocket.

"It's Team Rocket!" Sora said.

"They just caught all those Pokémon," Kairi said.

"We'll need the others for this!" Sora said as he looked at Zubat. "Zubat! Fly back to Roman and Julia's house and get the others!" Zubat nodded as he went to do exactly that. Zubat flew as fast as his wings could carry him.

Inside of Roman and Julia's house, they were sitting with Lillie having some tea. Lillie was telling them about how they met up with Sora and Kairi when they've arrived in Kanto to see their former classmate Riku. And the adventures they shared since then beginning with the Pokémon Tower right up to Sora's victory at Celdadon Gym.

"That's quite a story," Julia said.

"And I'm quite impressed how far Sora has come," Roman said.

"We've only known Sora and Kairi for a short time, but I can tell how well he raised his Pokémon," Lillie said. "And with Kairi's help."

"Just how did they meet exactly?" Roman asked with curiosity.

Lillie took another sip of her tea before answering.

"Well, we were told about how Sora had saved Kairi's life from Pokémon hunters," Lillie said. "Those two has been traveling together since. We just assumed that they were really a couple when we met them. But you gotta admit that it sounded pretty romantic by the way Sora rescued Kairi. I mean despite Sora's immaturity, I would fall for him if he didn't have his eyes set on Kairi. Those two would make a very good couple."

"I don't doubt that fact," Roman smiled.

"Just like the Nidoran if it weren't for their clans differences," Julia said.

Roman and Julia gave a warm passionate kiss that a husband and wife would share with one another. Lillie imagined Sora and Kairi in their places. But that thought was interrupted when Zubat came flying in.

"Sora's Zubat!" Lillie exclaimed.

"Something must be wrong," Roman said.

"Agreed," Julia said. "I think it wants us to follow it!"

Zubat flew around to the rest of the Alolan nine telling them to follow him. Everyone followed the bat Pokémon towards where Sora and Kairi had went.

After a short while, the Alolan nine along with Roman and Julia caught up.

"We're here, Sora," Kiawe said.

"What's the emergency?" Hapu asked.

"Over there!" Sora pointed towards the Nidoran clans caught in a big net.

Everyone gasped at the sight of the Pokémon trapped in the nets.

"Who would do such a thing?!" Julia gasped.

"Take a good look over there!" Sora said as he pointed towards Team Rocket.

"Team Rocket!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"Should have guessed that they'd be behind this!" Lana said.

They went towards Team Rocket as they were celebrating their success. They were having a celebratory meal of sandwiches.

"Success!" Team Rocket cheered.

"To our most ingenious plan ever!" Jessie beamed.

"A plan that is without flaw!" James said.

"The boss will be tickled with joy when we bring him all these Nidoran, Nidorino, Nidorina, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen!" Meowth said.

"Well, the boss is going to be disappointed!" a familiar voice called out causing Team Rocket to nearly choke on their sandwiches. They turned to see Sora and his friends. "None of them is going anywhere with you!"

"Oh no! Not these do gooders again!" Jessie snarled.

"Just who you think you are?!" Roman hissed at them.

"We're Team Rocket," Jessie answered. "We just happen to stole these Pokémon unfair and square."

"But to a happy bonus, we can nab Pikachu too," James said.

"Along with those two Nidoran!" Meowth added.

"Not gonna happen!" Sora said. Before Sora gave the order the two Nidoran stepped up. They both squeaked to Team Rocket. The two humans turned to Meowth.

"What did those little pip squeaks say?" James asked.

"They just said even though that our families don't see eye to eye with each other, they won't let us take any of them," Meowth translated.

"Is that a fact?" Jessie said taking out a Pokéball. "Ekans! Go!"

"You join the battle too, Koffing!" James said throwing his Pokéball.

The Pokéballs lets out the two Poison Types as they're ready for battle.

"Ekansssss," Ekans said, rattling his tail.

"Koffing," Koffing said, spewing a posion gas.

"Ekans, you use bite now!" Jessie ordered.

"Koffing! Tackle!" James ordered.

Ekans and Koffing charged at the two rabbit Pokémon with their attacks. The Nidoran dodged their moves and ran pass them. The male Nidoran rammed into Ekans with his Horn Attack, while the female Nidoran scratched across Koffing's face.

"Ekans! Wrap it now!" Jessie ordered. Ekans wrapped his body around the male Nidoran. The female leapt towards the snake Pokémon and bit Ekans's body. Ekans let go of the male as he charged with another Horn Attack. Sora smiled as he watched the Nidoran work together in taking down the other two Poison Types. Their families were pretty amazed at how they're working together. The Nidoking and Nidoqueen of each clan were especially surprised. "Ekans! Use your Bite again! But aim at the female!" Jessie ordered. Ekans moved over towards the female, but she used Scratch on Ekans. The male charged at Ekans sending him towards Koffing. The Nidoran jumped up and performed Double Kick, hitting them five times in a row, sending them towards their trainers.

Before they could finish the job, Sora and Pikachu stepped up.

"We can take it from here," Sora said. "Pikachu! Thunderbolt!"

"Pika-CHU!" Pikachu fired his Thunderbolt attack right at Team Rocket and their Pokémon sending them flying.

"Another plan flushed down the shitter," James said.

"I was so sure that it was brilliant this time," Jessie moaned. "It was foolproof!"

"More like FOOLISH," Meowth commented.

"It looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!" Team Rocket shouted as they went flying in the air. A star twinkles in the distance.

With Team Rocket out of their hair for now, everyone worked together to get the Nidoran clans out of the net. Once that was done, the two clans went towards their sides except for the two that battled against Ekans and Koffing. Both Nidoking looked at each other for a moment. Then the green marked Nidoking smiled and held out his hand. The red marked Nidoking returned the favor shaking his hand. The two Nidoqueen did the same to each other. Soon after, all of the Nidoran, Nidorino, and Nidorina joined in.

"Could it be that the fued is over and done with?" Kairi asked.

"Most likely," Mina said in a low tone.

"And I think it's thanks to those two," Roman pointed out.

"They saw that they were able to work together and then so they finally put their petty squabble once and for all," Julia said.

"I think you're right," Sora agreed. Sora walked up to the leaders of the two clans. "Now do you see that it doesn't matter where you're from? These two were able to put their differences aside and work together when they saw that you were in trouble. And you can set a good example by doing the same."

The two Nidoking agreed as they smiled. They looked to the two Nidoran and hugged them both. They hugged them back. They put the Nidoran down and went up to Sora. Sora nodded as he took out two Pokéballs and knelt down.

"I know you'll miss them very much," Sora said. "And they'll miss you too." They took one last look at their familes and waved goodbye. They did the same to them. They pressed the buttons of the Pokéballs as they flowed inside. Stars swirls around the Pokéballs confirming the catch. "I promise I'll take very good care of them," Sora said before the Pokéballs teleports to Professor Oak's lab.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine said their goodbyes to Roman, Julia and the Nidoran clans as they continued on with their journey and for Sora to win his fifth Gym Battle.

Sora and company made a stop over to a nearby Pokémon Center in a short couple of hours. Sora dialed the number to Professor Oak. The Pokémon professor answers with a smile on his face.

"Aw Sora," Professor Oak beamed. "Such perfect timing. You saved me the trouble of trying to make contact with you!"

"Sure professor," Sora said. "What did you find out?"

"Well for starters I was pretty amazed by the Lycanroc you had shown me when we last spoke," the professor said. "I had just gotten off the phone with my cousin and he told me that your Lycanroc is an incredibly rare form. In fact, it has only happened to a slight few trainers. You are no exception."

"It's hard to believe something like that happened before anybody else would know," Sora said.

"Indeed," Professor Oak agreed. "But there is more."

Sora looked at the professor with a puzzled look on his face.

"What is it?" Sora asked.

"Well, I had just did an upgrade Gary and the other two's Pokédexes, and I am going to do an upgrade on yours," Professor Oak said.

"That is cool, professor!" Sora exclaimed. "But how do you plan to do it?"

"Just insert your Pokédex into the slot on the picture phone," Professor Oak instructed. "And watch what happens." Sora inserted his Pokédex intobthe slot. After a few seconds, his Pokédex pops back out. Sora takes out.

"What happened?" Sora asked.

"I just installed an app into your Pokédex so we can exhange your Pokémon without the trouble of you calling me," Professor Oak said. "And it shall do so no matter where you are!"

"That's so awesome of you!" Sora said.

"I had hoped that you would be pleased," Professor Oak beamed. "Wanna give it a try?"

"Okay, how does it work?" Sora asked.

"Just go into your Pokédex's main menu. It should have your head there. Just simply click on it and it shall display the Pokémon currently in your possession and what you have here in my lab. Select the Pokémon from your team and choose which one you wish to exchange. With that done, the Pokéballs shall switch places with each other. Also, you can choose to keep the Pokémon that you had caught by sending one of yours over here in exchange," Professor Oak instructed.

Sora followed the Professor's instructions very carefully. He clicked on his head and it displayed "Sora Ketchum" and it showed all of his Pokémon. They all had new displayed above them. He selected Lycanroc and Zubat for his two new Nidoran. Two of his Pokéballs teleported from his belt while two had been sent to the professor.

"I have recieved your Zubat and Lycanroc," Professor Oak said.

"And I just got both of my Nidoran!" Sora said. He tosses the Pokéballs letting the two Nidoran out. Once out they began nuzzling each other affectionately. Sora just chuckled at the display. "Hey knock that off you two. Get yourselves a room," Sora joked.

"Well there's more I'd like to tell you before I forget," Professor Oak said. Sora turned to him wanting to know what. "It'll display the time for you. But also it has a limit on range, so try to avoid going into caves. I trust you'll find the rest out."

"I'll figure it out," Sora said.

"I'm glad," Professor Oak. "I'm looking forward to hearing from you again. And give my warmest regards to Kairi. And do try to call your mother often."

"I will Professor," Sora said. "Bye."

"Ta ta," Professor Oak said hanging up. He looked at his Nidoran as they followed him back to the others. Sora tells the others of Professor Oak's latest upgrade on his Pokédex. Kairi and the others were glad to hear that.