Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Spook Louder ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 29: Spook Louder

Fun fact: I came up with the title of this chapter to honor the Three Stooges for the short of the same name. It'll some twists from the offical Pokémon episode. Also, I want to point out that Ash never officially caught Haunter. Also Sora is going to catch Haunter and make it legit.

It was now nighttime, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine ventured into a dark and spooky forest. Sora and Kairi are riding on Tauros's back and Pikachu is riding on his head while Hapu rides on Mudsdale and Lillie is riding on her new Ponyta. Everyone had a bit of a troubling feeling that they might be lost. Everyone were all wearing warm jackets not to catch a cold. Especially Kiawe since was seen shirtless most of the time.

"This place gives me the creeps," Sophocles said.

"You can say that again," Sora agreed. "These woods could be full of them." He and Kairi looked around. "And not the kind we're used to."

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"We've been walking through this forest for hours," Lana said. "We should rest up."

"That's a good idea," Kairi said. "We should set up camp for the night and take off in the morning."

Everyone agreed as they got started setting up. They all decided to stay together since not one of them didn't want to get lost.

But to add to their list of misfortune, it started to rain. The rain started pouring as soon as they got started.

"You're kidding, right?!" Kiawe exclaimed. "Nobody said anything about rain!"

"We've got to find a place to stay so that we don't catch a cold!" Mallow said.

"But where in the hell are we gonna start looking?" Kiawe questioned.

No one answered as everyone grabbed their gear and ran through the rain trying to keep themselves from getting wet.

Lightning crashed through the sky as it startles the bird Pokémon in the trees. The group thought it would be a good idea to seek shelter in a nearby cave, but luckily there was an old mansion in the middle of the forest.

"Who could possibly live here?" Lana asked.

"I don't know," Sora answered. "But it sure looks like we can crash here for the night."

With no one giving a second opinion they all rushed inside to escape the rain. Once inside, they all saw that the main hall was deserted. The furniture were all covered with white sheets, must be so that none of it got dusty.

"Lucky for us, we found this place before the rain got worse," Kairi said.

"Yeah, but what is this place?" Kiawe questioned.

"No idea," Illima admitted. "But judging by the condition of this place, I would say it's safe to assume that no one has lived here in years."

Everyone all agreed since they all looked around and found not a living soul was around; not even a Pokémon was present.

"Anyone knows where should we start?" Sora asked.

"We could try looking for some rooms for starters," Mallow said.

"Right," Sora said. "We should check up stairs." Everyone took off their wet jackets hung them up to dry. Kiawe was wearting a black vest with a fireball engraved on it, and joined the others.

Unknown to the group, a pair of red glowing eyes peered in the house along with a devilish grin. The eyes and grin disappeared and reappeared to they revealed they belonged to a Haunter. The ghostly Pokémon rubs his hands together as at last it has some potential victims.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine looked around the hallway after heading up stairs. They all looked around and found what appears to be the master bedroom.

"This room looks big enough for all of us," Sora said. They entered the room and saw that it was enormous. "Gotta admit, the place looked smaller outside."

"Sure did," Acerola said. "This place would be complete with a ghost lurking here."

"Don't say that!" Sophocles exclaimed. "You'll only give me nightmares when you say that!"

"None of us want to have any nightmares, Acerola!" Hapu said as Mina nodded.

"It's not my fault I have a thing for ghosts," Acerola pouted.

Not being seen, Haunter pops its head from one of the walls and watched the group.

"Okay, let's not make a big deal out of it," Sora said yawning. "I think I'm too tired to be thinking about ghosts."

"Same here," Lillie said. "We should all get some sleep."

Everyone unrolled their sleeping bags and fell started to drift off into sleep. Haunter waited until they were completely asleep, so that the fun can begin. Everyone slept soundly despite Sora's snoring. Haunter started off by turning itself invisible opened the door making a creaking sound. Sophicles woke up and looked around as he sat up.

He looked around only to see nothing but darkness. He shrugged it off and laid back down.

"Probably just the wind," Sophocles whispred going back to sleep. The door slammed shut causing Sophicles to raise up again. He looked around the room only to see that no one had gotten up and slammed the door. He started shaking as he laid back down. Haunter made an appearance again but as a pair of eyeballs looking at him this time.

Sophocles woke up to see the pair of eyes leering at him. Sophicles started to scream loud enough to wake up everyone.

"Sophocles!" Sora exclaimed.

"What happened?" Mallow asked.

"What's going on?" Lana also asked.

"Eyes! Eyes! Eyes!" Sophicles repeated over and over.

"We all have eyes," Kiawe deadpanned.

"No! Eyes!" Sophocles corrected. "Staring back at me! They were all big and... and..."

Everyone looked at Acerola wondering if she had anything to do with it. She just shrugs as she was just as clueless.

"You were probably just dreaming," Kairi said.

"She's right," Mina said.

"We can't have you waking us up all because of a nightmare," Hapu said.

"It wasn't a nightmare!" Sophocles exclaimed. "It was real! I know because I saw it myself! And even heard the door creak open and then slam shut! How do you explain that?"

"It was just the wind that blew it shut," Sora said. "I know you don't like ghosts or anything like that, but we have to get some sleep so that we can an early start in the morning. So don't wake us up anymore, okay?"

"O-o-okay," Sophocles said laying back down. Everyone all did the same going back to sleep. "Maybe everyone's right. I was probably just imagining things." Sophocles went back to sleep. Haunter reappeared again, but with a skull wind up toy. Haunter turned the key on the toy and sent it off. The toy walks by Sophocles again making him wake up. He opened his eyes to see the skull walking up to him. Sophocles screamed again getting everyone to wake up again. By that time, the skull toy had disappeared.

"What is it now?!" Sora exclaimed.

"I saw a skull! It had no body and it was walking towards me!" Sophocles said.

Sora was starting to get irritated as he went over to him.

"Where's the skull?" Sora asked.

"Right over..." Sophocles pointed to where it was, "...here..." he looked around to see his friends were glaring at him angrily. "I saw a skull here, I swear it!"

"We all get nightmares from time to time," Sora said to him. "But we can't get any sleep if you keep waking us up just to tell us about it! I am going to tell you again that there's nothing and nobody here! Now just go to sleep and stop waking us up!"

Sora went back to his sleeping bag to get some more sleep. Sophocles laid back down shaking. Haunter appeared again and sent his hands over to the girls. Which one will it be it wondered. Haunter's hands went over to Kairi who was sleeping soundly. Haunter carefully pulled Kairi's sleeping bag and started to grope her breasts. Kairi woke up as the hands disappeared. She covered her chest looking around. She peaked over to Kiawe was sleeping peacefully. Kairi smacked him on the head as hard as she could.

"KIAWE! YOU PERVERT!" Kairi yelled conking him.

"Ow!" Kiawe yelled making everyone wake up again. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Don't play dumb with me!" Kairi exclaimed. "You were groping me!" Kairi said covering her chest. "I had no idea that you were such a pervert!"

Sora was really angry now.

"It's bad enough that Sophocles has to imagine things," Sora said in a tone of anger. "But this just crosses the line!"

"I didn't touch her," Kiawe said. "My hands were in my sleeping bag."

"Sure they were," Sora said. "And then you waited for her to fall sound asleep just as you can touch her." Sora went over to Kiawe and punched him hard in the face. Haunter stifled its laughs so that it isn't heard. Kairi moved from her spot and slept between Mina and Acerola. Sora leaned over Kiawe and glared at him. "I just can't believe you, man."

"I swear that I didn't do it," Kiawe said.

"You can say you're sorry to Kairi all you want, but just keep your hands to yourself!" Sora said heading back to his sleeping back getting some sleep.

"What's his deal?" Kiawe said in his thoughts. "I didn't touch Kairi's boobs. And how do I know Sora didn't do it?"

Kiawe laid back down and started to sleep again. Haunter reappeared again and sent its hands over to Pikachu. Haunter's hands hovered next to Pikachu's tail and gave it a powerful yank causing Pikachu to wake up and shock everyone.

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu shouted.

Everyone screamed as they were being electrocuted. When Pikachu stopped shocking everyone, he saw what he did.

"What was that for, Pikachu?!" Sora asked. "First, Sophocles then Kiawe, but now you?"

"Pikachu," Pikachu answered remorsefully.

"How can we get some sleep if you and everyone else keep waking us up for a childish prank?" Sora asked.

Sora and Pikachu went back to sleep. Haunter reappeared again, but this time it has a paper bag in its hand. Haunter blew the bag and slammed its other hand making a loud pop causing everyone to wake up again. Haunter disappeared as fast as they sat up.

"Who was it this time?" Sora asked looking at his friends."

"Don't look at me," Kiawe said. "I've been accused enough for one night."

"I know it really wasn't me this time," Sophocles said.

Before anyone else could say that none of them knew what was what, twelve pies all appeared right out of nowhere and hit them all in the face. Sora groaned as he wiped off the cream from his face.

"Everyone. I'm starting to think we're not alone in here," Sora said.

"And what gave that away?" Kiawe deadpanned wiping off the cream from his face.

"You don't think it is a ghost in here with us?" Sophocles said shaking.

"I hope that it is," Acerola said smiling.

"You would," Mina said.

"It might just be a Pokémon," Sora said. "And if it's in here with us, we should try to find it and catch it."

"But how are going to find it?" Lana asked.

"We can cover more ground when we split up," Mallow said.

"She's right," Sora said. "Kairi, Lillie, Mallow, Acerola and Sophocles will be with me and Pikachu checking the main hall. Kiawe and Hapu can check around up here. And Illima, Mina, and Lana, could check the dining room, wherever that is."

The group started to split up looking around. Haunter knew they were on to it, but that didn't spoil the fun it had in store. Kiawe and Hapu checked the master bedroom to see if it was around them while the rest went down stairs to look. Kairi was glad she was with Sora, because she was still mad at Kiawe for grabbing her like that.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Lillie, Mallow, Sophocles, and Acerola checked around. Illima, Lana, and Mina went over to a room on the left of the main hall and made it to the dining room. The room had a very long table with chairs and dishes set in place. They searched around for any clues.

"Anything yet?" Illima asked.

"So far no luck," Lana said. "What about you, Mina?"

"Nothing," Mina said. "Not even a footprint."

Back up stairs Kiawe and Hapu all looked around the closet of the bedroom only to find a bunch of old suits hanging inside.

"Well, whoever lived here was definitely a business man," Hapu pointed out.

They went in further only to find different costumes. But mostly fitted for women.

"And more," Kiawe said. They were pretty old just how they looked and they appeared to be revealing. "This guy was a total womanizer."

"Yeah," Hapu agreed. "I mean jeez!"

In the dining room they continued to look and so far still nothing. Mina looked up to a potrait of a middle-aged man sitting in a chair holding a glass of red wine. Suddenly, the eyes on the portrait started to move. Mina blinked twice at that. She turned to Lana and Illima slowly.

"Guys," Mina said making them turn to her. "Something's up with this painting."

Illima and Lana went over to their friend.

"What do you mean?" Illima asked.

"Just look at the painting closely," Mina said pointing at the eyes. They did exactly that when it just did nothing.

"It's just an old portrait," Lana said. "Let's get back to searching."

"Of course," Illima said.

Illima and Lana continued their search when the eyes on the potrait moved again. Mina took out her Pokéball and threw it.

"Morelull! Go!" Mina shouted throwing her Pokéball letting Morelul out. "Flash!" Morelull let out a blinding flash. Illima and turned to see what she was doing just in time to see the eyes shut as the same Haunter came out of hiding and covered its eyes. "Look!"

"It's a Haunter!" Illima pointed out.

"And it was responsible for what's going on!" Lana said pulling out her Pokéball. "Shellder, go!" Lana threw the Pokéball letting Shellder out. "Use Ice Beam!" Shellder fires Ice Beam at the ghost Pokémon making it retreat to the ceiling.

"It got away," Illima said.

Everyone looked at Morelull as she started to evolve. Morelull transformed into a larger mushroom with a purple top. Mina beamed as she started to hug her newly evolved Pokémon.

"Shiinotic," Mina said. "I knew that you'll evolve one day."

"Shiinotic," the newly evolved Shiinotic said.

Back to Kiawe and Hapu they had left the master bedroom and decided to look in different rooms, but they stopped when Haunter came from the floor.

"Is that a Haunter?" Hapu asked.

"It is," Kiawe said. "And it's looking at us."

"Sora was right," Hapu said. "It was a Pokémon. We should probably catch it." Hapu took out Mudsdale Pokéball and let the horse Pokémon out. Kiawe did the same thing letting out his Marowak.

"Okay, Marowak! Flame Wheel!" Kiawe ordered.

"Mudsdale, you go get it too!" Hapu said.

Marowak twirls his bone as he charged at Haunter along with Mudsdale. Haunter disappeared causing the two Pokémon to stop.

"Where did it go?" Kiawe questioned.

"Must have run off," Hapu said.

Marowak and Mudsdale both looked around, but they got a good shadowy punch sending them back back to Kiawe and Hapu.

"Marowak!" Kiawe gasped.

"Mudsdale!" Hapu also gasped.

Haunter appeared again and taunted the two trainers blowing them a raspberry before disappearing again.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Mallow, Sophocles, Lillie, and Acerola checked for clues in the main hall to find nothing.

Over to Haunter, it opens up a drawer and pulls out small fire crackers. Haunter disappears again and reppears again in the main hall. Haunter lights the fire crackers before dropping them on the floor. Just as they hit the gound, the sound of the fire crackers blowing up startles them good.

"What was that?" Mallow asked.

"And what caused it to go off?" Kairi questioned.

They all looked around when Pikachu looked up.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu pointed to the ceiling only for Haunter to disappear.

"I don't see anything," Sora said.

"Pika, Pika, Pika, Pikachu," Pikachu said. Pikachu started to change his shape for a bit to resemble Haunter.

"We don't have time for charades, Pikachu," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu facepalmed.

"I don't think he's playing," Acerola said. "I think he's telling us that there's a Haunter here."

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded.

"A Haunter?" Sora asked. "So that's what was behind this."

"It makes sense that a Ghost Type Pokémon was lurking around here. And probably was responsible for what's going on," Lillie said.

"And framed Kiawe for the grope," Mallow said. Kairi was starting to feel guilty at the accusation.

Haunter appeared again pushed Sora straight into Kairi; then disappeared again. Both got knocked down to the floor. Lillie, Mallow, Acerola, Sophocles and Pikachu went to their side when they started blushing. Sora felt something round and soft. Sora got wide-eyed when he Kairi moan and he slowly got up and saw that Sora had his left hand on Kairi's right breast. Sora and Kairi blushed as he quickly got up.

"I'm sorry, Kairi! I'm so-so-so-so-so very sorry!" Sora said shaking in fear to what Kairi was about to do to him. Kairi wasn't mad for what happened.

"It's okay," Kairi said. "I know you didn't mean it. It was just that Haunter that appeared right behind you. He just pushed you."

Sora turned to face her and saw that she wasn't the least bit angry at him. Sora got back up and sighed with relief. Mallow, Sophocles, Lillie, Acerola, and Pikachu just kept blushing looking at them.

"Don't tell the others about this," Sora said to them.

"Don't tell the others about what?" Illima asked coming in the main hall with Lana and Mina with Shiinotic with them.

"Nothing happened!" Sora and Kairi said at once.

They looked at Mallow, Acerola, and Sophicles blushing pretty hard. Sora needed an excuse to change the subject when he spotted Shiinotic next to Mina.

"Is that Morelull?" Sora asked.

"Was," Mina simply said. "She evolved into a Shiinotic." Sora looked at the new Pokémon as he pulled out his Pokédex.

Shiinotic, the Illuminating Pokémon

The evolved form of Morelull

Type: Grass/Fairy

If you see a light deep in a forest at night, don't go near. Shiinotic will make you fall fast asleep. Its flickering spores lure in prey and put them to sleep. Once this Pokémon has its prey snoozing, it drains their vitality with its fingertips.

"What made Morelull evolve?" Sophocles asked.

"She went up against a Haunter," Lana answered.

"It retreated upstairs before we could attack," Illima explained.

"We just saw a Haunter in here!" Sora said. "And it just disappeared."

"You don't think that it could be the same Haunter, right?" Lana asked.

"It's possible," Sora said. "But we're not a hundred percent on that."

Kiawe and Hapu came downstairs as the group turns to face them.

"You saw it too?" Kiawe asked.

"Yeah we did," Sophocles said.

"And it's somewhere in the mansion," Mallow said.

"And he'll pick us off if we spread out again," Kairi said.

"Not if we have anything to say about it," Sora said. "Haunter! Enough of the pranks! Come on out and face us! I dare you to do it!"

With no answer coiming, instead a chair started levitating and sent flying towards the group. The chair misses them completely. Haunter appeared again ready for a battle.

"There you are!" Kiawe said.

Sora pulled out a Pokéball ready for a battle.

"Now let's get this over with so that we can get some sleep!" Sora said throwing the Pokéball. "Charmander! Go!" The Pokéball lets Charmander out.

"Char!" Charmander said.

"Charmander! Fire Fang!" Sora ordered. "Let's go!"

"Char!" Charmander charges at Haunter who just disappears before the attack could hit. Charmander looks around confused.

"What the?" Sora questioned.

"Haunter will disappear and let out a strong attack," Hapu explained.

"We know because he did that with us," Kiawe added.

Charmander looked around only for Haunter to deliver a shadowy punch to the lizard Pokémon.

"Shadow Punch," Acerola said. "Can't be dodged."

"Charmander, keep your cool!" Sora called out. Charmander nodded and looked around for any sign of Haunter. Suddenly, Haunter reappeared again and fired Shadow Ball at Charmander knocking him out. Sora pulled out Charmander's Pokéball. "Charmander, return!" Sora called Charmander back. He looks over to Pikachu. "It's your turn, Pikachu."

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded going in.

"Thunderbolt!" Sora odered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Haunter. The attack came too quick for Haunter to vanish. The ghostly Pokémon became paralyzed from the move making Haunter move slowly.

"Good! Haunter's paralyzed!" Sora said. "Use Iron Tail!"

"Pika!" Pikachu swung his tail right at Haunter, hitting him on the mark. Haunter disappeared again and Pikachu looked around.

"Pikachu, shut your eyes and try to figure where Haunter will strike next," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said closing his eyes.

Kairi and the Alolan nine couldn't figure out what Sora had in store for Haunter. Pikachu held his stance, he could hear Haunter's breathing knowing that Haunter is invisible. Pikachu opened his eyes and jumped on his left hitting Haunter with Iron Tail.

"That's it, Pikachu!" Sora said. Haunter fired Shadow Ball right towards Pikachu. "Block it with Electro Ball!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu jumped in the air again and fired Electro Ball canceling Haunter's Shadow Ball. Haunter tried to make a move again, only static came from his body being unable to move. "Now give him one more, Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Haunter again as Haunter was just too exhausted to keep battling. Sora threw a Pokéball at Haunter making him flow inside. The Pokéball wobbles around and around. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch.

"Gotcha! I got myself a Haunter!" Sora said smiling. His Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Haunter on the team or over to Professor Oak's lab. Sora chooses to keep his new Haunter with him in exchange for Tauros. "Now that has been taken care of," Sora said with a yawn. "Let's go back to sleep."

"No arguments from me," Kiawe said.

"Hey Kiawe," Kairi spoke up making him turn to her. "I'm sorry for wrongfully accusing you of grabbing me like that. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that."

"It's okay, Kairi," Kiawe said. "I had already forgotten about that. But at least that we don't have anymore Pokémon around here to make trouble. I hope not."

Kairi smiled as she and the others returned to the master bedroom and got the sleep that they deserved. Sora and his friends woke up the very next morning feeling refreshed.

"What a night," Sora said with a yawn.

"Pika," Pikachu said also yawning.

"Except for Haunter playing pranks on us it was a very good night," Illima said.

Everyone stepped out of the mansion to continue on with their journey, but just in time to witness a beautiful rainbow.

"So beautiful," Lillie beamed.

"It's a very good thing that we stopped here," Mallow said.

Sora and Kairi smiled at the sight when Kairi took Sora by the hand. Sora blushed for a bit, since it was with the others, but at the rainbow, he didn't care at the moment.

The group continued on with their journey and their destination towards Saffron City for Sora's sixth Gym battle. Now all can wonder what other adventures or misadventures are waiting for the group.

And there you have it. Sora caught a Haunter. I bet it makes you wonder how the battle with Sabrina will go. But just you wait and see.