Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Pokémon Water War ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 30The Pokémon Water War

This is another chapter that has a connection with the Orange Islands saga but is located in a city that Ash and his friends has not visited.

The group made it out of the woods and made it to a nearby city called Crimson City.

"This looks like a nice place," Lillie said.

"It sure is," Lana agreed. "What is place called?"

"This is Crimson City," Sora answered. "I've never been here, but I heard that it's a good place to live."

"I can believe that," Kiawe said. "We should hit the local Pokémon Center."

"Good idea," Sora said. "Our Pokémon could use a tune up."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine made it to the Crimson City Pokémon Center for a tune up. And while their Pokémon were being healed, Sora and his friends made their way to the mess hall for some lunch.

After they ate, they went to pick up their Pokémon and Sora decided to do some training. Outside the Pokémon Center, Sora called out Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Haunter. Kairi decided to accompany him, but she kept a safe distance as so that she wouldn't be hurt.

"Okay guys, let's get down to some training," Sora said. "Pikachu, you use Thunderbolt. Pidgeotto, you use Wing Attack. Bulbasaur, you use Razor Leaf. Charmander, you use Flamethrower. Squirtle, you use Water Gun. And Haunter, you use Night Shade." Sora's Pokémon nodded. "Okay! Go!" Sora's Pokémon did the exact attacks Sora told them to do. "You're doing good!" Sora set his attention on Haunter. "Okay, Haunter. How about you use your Shadow Ball and hit the ball with Night Shade. Can you do that?"

"Haunter." Haunter nodded. Haunter fired his Shadow Ball in the air making it huge and Haunter fired Night Shade into the Shadow Ball making it bigger. The giant Shadow Ball was hurled into the sky and exploded like a black firework.

"Now that's something," Sora complemented. "I know you'll do fine with me as your trainer." Sora and Haunter high-fived.

Despite being a troublemaker at first, it turns out that Haunter was just lonely and wanted someone to play with. And Haunter even told everyone how sorry he was for the pranks. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine forgave Haunter for the pranks and he promised not to do it again; to them at least.

"That's good, guys," Sora said. "Let's take a break for right now."

Sora, Kairi, and his Pokémon went back to rejoin the others to take a small break from training.

"They're really improving," Kairi said.

"I think you're right," Sora agreed. Sora looks at his team as they also smiled. Sora and Kairi rejoined the Alolan nine. "Hey guys," Sora greeted.

"How did your training go?" Illima asked.

"It went great," Sora said. "You guys should have seen how Haunter did an awesome combo."

"That has to be something," Acerola said. "But I am pretty envious that you got such a great Haunter." Haunter gave Acerola a big hug. Sora chuckled at the sight.

"Well Haunter definitely likes you, ghost girl," Sora joked.

"Of course," Acerola said. "Haunter may be your Pokémon, but I have a better connection with Ghost Type Pokémon than anyone I know."

Just when the group was about to relax they saw smoke in the distance.

"Guys, look!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"Must be a fire!" Hapu said. "Let's go!"

Sora called back all his Pokémon except for Squirtle who just ran ahead.

"Hey Squirtle! Come back here!" Sora called to him. Squirtle didn't listen to his trainer as he ran ahead. They saw a burning warehouse with people crowding around watching the place go up in flames.

"Everyone stay back!" Officer Jenny said go the crowd. "This is a very dangerous situation!"

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine watched the warehouse as the flames intensifies.

"This is terrible," Kairi said.

"We have to do something," Lana said running pass Officer Jenny with a Pokéball in her hand and threw it. Sora along with Pikachu and Squirtle went after her "Shellder! Come on out!" Lana let out her Shellder. "Water Gun!" Shellder obeyed her trainer firing her Water Gun.

"You too, Squirtle!" Sora said.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle fired his Water Gun at the flames.

The two Water Guns did hit the flames but it wasn't enough. The building next to it was about to catch fire too when sirens were heard. The crowd turns as a gray jeep drives. The driver is a man wearing an orange jumpsuit and has six Wartortle at his disposal.

Debris from the building was falling towards Sora and Lana when Kairi called out.

"Sora! Lana! Look out!" Kairi yelled out.

Both trainers turned to see a large piece of debris fall towards them when the Wartortle rushes to the scene grabbing Sora, Lana, Pikachu, Shellder, and Squirtle.

Squirtle looks up to the Wartortle who grabbed him and saw that it wore a yellow bandana around its neck.

"Are those Wartortle?" Sora questioned as he took out his Pokédex.

Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon

The evolved form of Squirtle

Type: Water

Its tail is large and covered with a rich, thick fur. The tail becomes increasingly deeper in color as Wartortle ages. The scratches on its shell are evidence of this Pokémon's toughness as a battler.

The firefighter rushes over to the two kids and their Pokémon.

"Is everyone here okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Sora answered.

"I'll be okay," Lana nodded.

The firefighter blew his whistle. The Wartortle with the bandana motioned the others to get into positions. All the Wartortle got lined up and fired their Water Gun attack putting out the raging flames.

"Wow," Mallow said. "What amazing team work."

"Those Wartortle are obviously well trained," Illima said.

The group watches on as Squirtle looked at the Wartortle who saved him. Once the flames were out, everyone went up to the fire fighter and his Wartortle.

"Thanks for saving us back there," Sora said.

"We just don't know how to thank you," Lana added.

"You don't have to thank me," the firefighter said. "They're the ones who deserves all the thanks." The Wartortle saluted to the group. "Meet Team Wartortle. And I'm their commander, Captain Aiden. At your service."

"My names Sora," Sora saluted.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"I'm Kairi."

"My name's Lillie."

"I'm Illima."

"My name's Lana."

"I'm Kiawe."

"I'm Mallow."

"I'm Sophocles."

"My name's Acerola."

"I'm Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

Captain Aiden takes the group with him tonthe fire house as Sora and his friends explains to him that they were passing by and are currently heading to Saffron City on the way.

Once they arrived, Team Wartortle began doing their exercises preparing fornthe next fire. The group looks around and sees six Squirtle climbing the monkey bars and spotted six large turtle-like Pokémon with cannons coming out of their shells. They were firing water from these cannons. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the the large turtle Pokémon.

Blastoise, the Shellfish Pokémon

The evoled form of Wartortle

Type: Water

Blastoise has water spouts that protrude from its shell. The water spouts are very accurate. They can shoot bullets of water with enough accuracy to strike empty cans from a distance of over 160 feet.

"Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "All three in one place."

"I take it that you're impressed," Captain Aiden pointed out. "Team Blastoise puts out the bigger flames with their Hydro Pump attack. And Team Squirtle puts out the fires in hard to reach places."

"Amazing," Kairi said.

"And here comes Team Wartortle now," Captain Aiden said. "They're the perfect combination of Blastoise's power and Squirtle's maneuverability. They are unbeatable fire-fighting force." Captain Aiden blows his whistle making Team Wartortle halt. "Atte-hut!" The Wartortle turns to salute.

"So cool," Lana beamed.

"You can say that again," Kiawe said.

"It's almost like they're in the military," Sophocles said.

"Pika," Pikachu beamed.

"Squirtle," Squirtle sulked.

Sora looked over to Squirtle.

"Hey Squirtle, what's wrong?" Sora asked.

"Squirtle," sadly said.

"Come on, Squirtle. Don't shut me out," Sora said.

"I think Squirtle's pride is hurt," Kairi said. "He had to watch Team Wartortle put out that fire, but he couldn't by himself."

Sora looked over to Squirtle.

"Is that what's bothering you?" Sora asked his Squirtle.

"Squirtle," Squirtle took his Squirtle Squad sunglasses and put them on. "Squirtle!"

"Your Squirtle Squad sunglasses! I forgot that you still had those," Sora said.

The Alolan nine were confused by what he said.

"Squirtle Squad?" Kiawe tilted his head.

"What do you mean?" Mallow asked.

"Oh yeah, you guys weren't with me and Kairi back then," Sora remembered.

"The Squirtle Squad was a Pokémon gang that used to cause all sorts of trouble at a town we passed by," Kairi explained. "That was because they were abandoned by their trainers. When a fire broke out, they helped save the town and they were made into the offical firefighters." Kairi looked over to Squirtle. "Sora's Squirtle was their leader."

"I never would have guessed," Illima said.

"And it looks like that Squirtle's firefighting pride was hurt," Hapu said.

"Big-time," Sophocles said.

Sora thought for a moment before he got an idea.

"Say Captain Aiden," Sora said. "How about letting my Squirtle go up against your Wartortle."

Captain was pretty skeptical about that.

"I don't know, Sora," the firefighter said. "I don't think that your little Squirtle has a chance going up against my well trained Wartortle."

"Squirtle, Squirtle," Squirtle insisted.

"My Squirtle has enough strength and and guts to go up against any Pokémon," Sora said. "All I'm asking is for you to let my Squirtle prove himself."

He looks at both Sora and Squirtle and saw how determined they are so he reluctantly agrees.

"Very well Sora. We'll test Squirtle against Team Wartortle. And may the best Pokémon win," Captain Aiden said.

"Thank you, Captain," Sora said. "I know you'll show them what you've got!"

Squirtle and Wartortle looked into each other as a blaze between them starts burning.

Meanwhile not too far, Team Rocket has managed to catch up with the group once again.

"Attention, Pikachu swipers," Meowth said looking through the binoculars.

"Steal now and we get a Wartortle absolutely free," Jessie said.

"And a Squirtle super-special," James added.

"But the boss will have to pay cash on delivery for this little Pokémon package," Meowth said.

"Come on, this deal is too good to pass up," Jessie said.

"Let's go!" James and Meowth said. The trio make their way to swipe Pikachu, and the turtle Pokémon. Unaware of another evil plot. And it was none other than Mad Ivan.

"Well, well, well," Mad Ivan said. "What have we here? It's those meddlesome children again. And fire-fighting Wartortle too. Those Wartortle are well trained. And they will be perfect for my quest for world conquest!" Mad Ivan rubbed his hands together. "And, I, Mad Ivan, Scientist extraordinaire, shall have those Wartortle!"

Mad Ivan started cackling as he prepares his Wartortle capture.

The race between Squirtle and Team Wartortle was about to begin when all seven lined up. Illima was holding the stopwatch.

"Speed and endurance are very important in fire-fighting, so I like to keep the team on its toes," Captain Aiden said. "Alright! Get on your marks!" Captain Aiden called out as the seven turtles readies themselves. "Get set!" Captain Aiden blows his whistle. The race has started. Squirtle started to run faster and faster, but Team Wartortle's leader was giving it everything it has. Both turtle Pokémon were neck to neck, not one of them slowing down.

"Look at Squirtle go!" Lillie said.

"He's really going at it," Sophocles said.

"Well, well. That Squirtle's faster than I thought," Captain Aiden said.

"Keep going, Squirtle!" Sora called out. "I know you can do it!"

Squirtle kept running and running as fast as he can go when he steps on a small rock and tumbles on the track.

"What just happened?" Hapu asked.

"I don't know," Kairi said.

"Squirtle! Get back on your feet!" Sora called out.

Squirtle tumbles right into Team Wartortle's leader casuing them to both to tumble across the finish line. Illima stops the stopwatch.

"Incredible!" Illima exclaimed. "They just set a new turtle Pokémon land speed record!"

"Impressive," Captain Aiden said. "Why don't we see if your Squirtle can cut it in an all-day Wartortle training session?"

Sora looks over to Squirtle and Wartortle and saw them looking at each other again. Sora could tell that he wasn't going throw in the towel just yet.

"I'm gamebif you are," Sora said. "My Squirtle will prove he has what it takes!"

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu said.

Squirtle and Team Wartortle has gathered around again for the next challenge.

"Alright, now it's time for some serious target practice using Water Gun," Captain Aiden said. "And listen up! I don't want to see any sickly little trickles this time! I want a full-pressure assualt!"

Squirtle and Team Wartortle saluted as Captain Aiden blows his whistle and pushed the button firing the disc target. The turtle Pokémon fired their Water Gun at the target, hitting all at once. They started to come higher and faster. Not one of them was backing away from the challenge. Both turtles gave it everything they got firing their Water Gun hitting every single one of them.

"Way to go, Squirtle!" Kairi cheered.

"Keep it up!" Sora also cheered.

"He sure wasn't kidding when he said he's keeping the team on its toes," Kiawe said.

"I wonder if that was his plan to begin with," Mallow said.

"Hold your fire," Captain Aiden said making the targets stop firing. "Nice work, team!" A new disc came hovering by catching everyone's attention. "What was that?" Both Squirtle and Wartortle fired their Water Gun missing the target. The both go after it making the rest of Team Wartortle follow. "Hey wait! Hold it!"

They kept chasing the target when they fell into a pitfall.

"What the?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Where did that come from?!" Acerola questioned.

Everyone rushed over to the scene and saw Team Rocket's balloon float in from the hole.

"Who are you?!" Captain Aiden exclaimed.

"Prepare for trouble, we're on a role," Jessie said.

"Make it double, because we dug up this hole," James added.

"Team Rocket!" Sora exclaimed. "Should have known that you would be behind this! No pun intended!"

"That's my team!" Captain Aiden called out.

Unknown to anyone, Mad Ivan was moving in with a hovercraft of his own. He aims his tracker missle of the line of the net trapping the turtle Pokémon before firing. The missle fires small scissors at the line cutting it. Team Rocket was about to do their motto when Meowth noticed that their catch was falling.

"To protect the world from devastation."

To unite all peoples within our nation."

"Shut it!" Meowth said. "Our catch is falling!"

"WHAT?!" Jessie and James looked down watching the turtle Pokémon fall as the missle forms into a steel cage with a propeller at the top.

"Now what?" Sora questioned.

"Hey! Who's stealing what we stole?!" Jessie demanded.

"And unfair and square!" James added.

"Hello, hello, my friends," Mad Ivan spoke through the loudspeaker. "It was I, Mad Ivan, scientist extraordinaire, who have swiped what you already taken."

"Mad Ivan?!" Sora exclaimed making Team Rocket confused. "This is what we don't need."

"Well, well," Mad Ivan said. "We meet again. You may have thwarted my schemes twice. But there won't be a third time, I assure you."

"Give us back what we stole!" Jessie snarled.

"We're Team Rocket!" James said. "We do the stealing!"

"Team Rocket?" Mad Ivan questioned. "The organization of incompetent fools! The only good thing I had heard from you is how you make me laugh."

Mad Ivan starts laughing. Jessie growled at the insult.

"How dare you!" Jessie growled.

"Well I can't have a nuisance such as yours interfere with my ambitions," Mad Ivan said letting his Gengar out. "Gengar, will you be a dear and blow them away?"

Gengar floated out of the hovercraft and fired Shadow Ball at the balloon making it pop.

"It's bad enough that we lose to the good guys, but we lose to some fruitcake, too!" Jessie yelled.

"This never happened in the anime," James said.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!"

"Now that has been taken care of, I must bid you adieu!" Mad Ivan drove off in his hovercraft.

"Hey come back here!" Sora shouted running after the hovercraft. "Squirtle!"Sora fell to his kness and pounded the dirt. "Dammit!"

Meanwhile at an old cabin just outside Crimson City. Squirtle tried to bust of the steel cage along with Team Wartortle. Mad Ivan looks at his catch proudly.

"Wonderful! Wonderful!" Mad Ivan said clapping his hands together. "Things are going my way! Six Wartortle and one Squirtle. To think those Team Rocket bumblers were using that old hole trap trick. That has been done to death."

Sora and Pikachu rode along with Captain Aiden to get his Squirtle back along with Team Wartortle back. Just then, his radio goes off. Sora had sent Pidgeotto and Haunter on ahead to help locate them.

"This is Captain Aiden," he answered.

"It's Officer Jenny," she said on the radio. "There's a fire in an apartment complex just downtown and it's completely out of control!"

"Where the hell is Team Blastoise?!" Captain Aiden exclaimed. "They Should have been there three minutes after the alarm went off!"

Over to Officer Jenny.

"I know, but an overturned truck's blocking them and they get to the fire!" Officer Jenny said. Team Blastoise is standing in front of the truck blocking their path. "Team Squirtle is also on the scene, but they aren't powerful enough! You've gotta get Team Wartortle here or the whole building will burn down."

"I don't even know where Team Wartortle is," Captain Aiden said turning off his radio.

"Don't call it quits yet, Cap," Sora said. "I know my friends are already heading down there doing what they can about the blaze."

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"You're right," Captain Aiden said. "We shouldn't call it quits. We'll join up with them as soon as we rescue Team Wartortle from that mad scientist."

Just then, Pidgeotto and Haunter had come back.

"Pidgeotto, Haunter. Did you find anything?" Sora asked. Both Pokémon nodded as they led them through the woods. Just a few minutes they spotted the cabin. "That's where Mad Ivan is hiding at."

Mad Ivan was about to apply them with mind control gizmos on them when Squirtle and Team Wartortle blasted him and his Pokémon with Water Gun, flooding the whole cabin. Mad Ivan and his ghost Pokémon get caught in the surf when Sora's Haunter came in let them out.

Mad Ivan was spitting the water from his mouth when he spotted Sora and Captain Aiden in front of him.

"You again!" Ivan exclaimed. "You are becoming a constant thorn on my side!"

Captain Aiden rushes over to Team Wartortle.

"Are you all okay?" He asked them.

"Wartortle." Team Wartortle's leader nodded.

"Your plan has sprung a leak, Ivie," Sora taunted. Mad Ivan growls at that.

"You will pay for your that you little, parasite!" Mad Ivan snarled. "Gastly! Haunter! Gengar! Get that brat!"

The three ghostly Pokémon obeyed as they went towards Sora. Just then, Sora's Haunter attacks with his Shadow Punch followed by Night Shade. Pidgeotto swats into Ivan's Haunter with Steel Wing.

"Okay Squirtle!" Sora called out.

"Ready, Team Wartortle?!" Aiden called out.

"Fire Water Gun, now!" Both trainers ordered.

Squirtle and Team Wartortle sends the opposing ghost Pokémon back to Mad Ivan.

"Okay Pikach, finish it up with Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt at Mad Ivan and his Pokémon sending them into Mad Ivan's hovercraft causing it to explode as he and his Pokémon goes flying.

"My plan was absolutely foolproof," Mad Ivan groaned. "Foolproof!"

With Mad Ivan dealt with, Sora and Captain Aiden along with the Pokémon returned safely, they rushed to the fire in progress as the Alolan nine did what they could to deal with the fire.

"It's no use," Kairi said. "The fire's just too big."

"Then you'll need help from the cavalry!" Sora called out making Kairi turn around. She smiled at the sight of Squirtle and Team Wartortle's leader had come in just in time.

"Help me!" a little boy's voice called. "Help me! Please help me!"

"Help is on the way!" Sora called out the boy.

Before anyone could think of a plan, Team Blastoise came to the scene and Squirtle and Wartortle came up with a plan for one of the Blastoise to fire them both into the inferno.

Blastoise fired Hydro Pump to launch them like a rocket. They got to the boy scared out of his mind. Wartortle carried the boy on its back as Squirtle and Wartortle fought their way through the fire, despite Wartortle nearly falling through the collapsing floor and the metal door nearly crushing him.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, and Captain Aiden watches as they waited patiently for Squirtle and Wartortle to come back out of the burning building.

"They've been in there for an awful long time," Kairi said.

"Come on Squirtle. Wartortle," Sora said. "You can make it. You can make it."

"Look at that!" Kiawe said.

Two sets of Water Gun came out of the burning building as Squirtle and Wartortle came out of the fire. They both jumped in the air before any more debris could fall on them. The fire began growing weaker amd weaker until it was completely out.

The boy was safely returned to his mother as she embraced her son.

"Mommy," the cried with tears in his eyes.

"Oh my baby," the boy's mother also cried. "You're safe now. How can I ever thank you for what you've just done?"

"We're just glad that your boy's okay, Ma'am," Captain Aiden said.

"It's them you should be thanking," Sora said. "Team Wartortle and my Squirtle were the ones who saved the day."

"Squirtle," Squirtle agreed.

Team Wartortle's leader turned to Squirtle and held out its hand. Squirtle took Wartortle's hand and shook. Everyone knew Squirtle has definitely proved himself to Team Wartortle and especially their leader.

On the next morning, Captain Aiden along with Teams Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise came to see them off.

"I gotta hand it to you, Sora, your Squirtle has done more than prove itself to me," Captain Aiden said. "I'll have to admit I underestimated it. It just took a good trainer to raise such a good Pokémon."

"You too, Captain," Sora said shaking his hand.

"And I just want to wish you luck for your Gym battle," Captain Aiden said. Squirtle and Wartortle both shook hands again as they began to set off.

"Looks like that those two are friends now," Kairi said.

"They may be different," Lillie said. "But they're two of a kind."

The group said their goodbyes to the fire-fighting Pokémon, but not before giving each other a salute. Sora looks proudly at Squirtle as he knew his Squirtle has grown a little stronger in this experience. The day may have been saved once again, but the adventure continues.