Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Snorlax's Snack Attack ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 31: Snorlax's Snack Attack

A few days had passed since they left Crimson City and met Captain Aiden and his Team of Wartortle. Still making their way to Saffron City for his sixth Gym battle.

But along the way, the meet with a man wearing a blue baseball cap, a white shirt, and blue jeans. He spots Sora and his friends and the Pikachu riding his shoulder. He went up to them and called out to Sora.

"Hey you! The spiky-headed kid with the Pikachu!" The man called out. "Are you a Pokémon trainer or is that your pet?"

"I'm a trainer," Sora responded. "And why do you want to know?"

"I'm challenging you to a battle!" The man said taking out a Great Ball. "And I'm going to win!"

"Well, you're going to lose!" Sora accepting his challenge. Sora took out a Pokéball pointing his finger at his opponent.

"Uh oh," Hapu said. "There he goes again."

"He's never shy about a challenge," Kairi said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Let's get this show on the road!" the man said throwing the Great Ball. "Scyther! Go!" The Great Ball lets out a Scyther. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at Scyther.

Scyther, the Mantis Pokémon

Type: Bug/Flying

Scyther is blindingly fast. Its blazing speed enhances the effectiveness of the twin scythes on its forearms. This Pokémon's scythes are so effective, they can slice through thick logs in one wicked stroke.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and takes out a Pokéball.

"Haunter! Go!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball letting his Haunter enter the battle. "Okay Haunter! Night Shade!" Haunter fires his Night Shade attack.

"Block that with Swords Dance! Then follow up with Night Slash!" the man ordered.

Scyther crosses its scythes and they glow blue and slightly thicker blocking Haunter's Night Shade. Scyther's scythe then emits a dark energy ready to swipe at Haunter.

"Haunter! Dodge!" Sora called out. Haunter turned invisible just in time before Scyther could swipe at Haunter.

"Your Haunter can't dodge my Scyther that easily," the opposing trainer said. "Feint Attack!" Scyther disappears. Sora looks around for Scyther. Kairi and the Alolan nine did the same thing. Haunter turns visible as he's been struck from behind. Scyther reappears in front of Haunter.

"Shadow Punch!" Sora ordered. Haunter floats back up and strikes Scyther hard. "Now use Shadow Ball!" Haunter forms Shadow Ball from his hands and fires it at Scyther.

"Cut that with Night Slash!" the man ordered. "Use Aerial Ace!" Scyther flew at lightning speed hitting Haunter. Haunter was knocked out.

"Haunter, return," Sora calls Haunter back. He looks at Pikachu on his shoulder. "Move in, Pikachu!"

"Pikachu," Pikachu jumps off his shoulder.

"Pikachu definitely has the advantage in this one," Sophocles said.

"How true it is," Illima said. "But don't count that Scyther out yet. It took out Haunter like it was no problem."

"So Pikachu against my Scyther, huh?" The man scoffed. "This will be fun. Okay Scyther! Night Slash!" Scyther moved in to slash at Pikachu.

"Dodge it and use Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said moving out of the way and fired Thunderbolt hitting the mantis Pokémon.

"Now finish up with Electro Ball!" Sora called as Pikachu swung his tail throwing Electro Ball hitting Scyther on the mark. Scyther was knocked out. He calls back his Scyther.

"Not bad, kid," The man said. He took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Jolteon! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a yellow Pokémon with a white tuft around the collar of its neck and its fur is pointy. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the yellow Pokémon.

Jolteon, the Lightning Pokémon

An evolved form of Eevee

Type: Electric

Jolteon's cells generate a low level of electricity. This power is amplified by the static electricity of its fur, enabling the Pokémon to drop thunderbolts. The bristling fur is made of electrically charged needles.

"An another evolved form of Eevee," Sora said in his thoughts. He remembered Anabel's Espeon and how strong it was; and against Mad Ivan's Pokémon. "Okay Pikachu! Thunderbolt, let's go!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired his Thunderbolt attack.

Jolteon just stood there and took the hit. For some reason the attack wasn't bothering it. Pikachu ceased fire and looked at Jokteon just absorbing the Thunderbolt.

"No way," Sora said not believing what he saw.

"What was that?" Lana asked.

"That was Volt Absorb," Lillie answered. "It's Jolteon's ability. It allows Jolteon to absorb any Electric Type attacks use it to heal itself."

"Looks like Sora will need to think of a new strategy fast," Kiawe said.

"Try Quick Attack!" Sora ordered.

"Pika!" Pikachu ran towards Jolteon.

"You use Quick Attack, too!" The man ordered. Jolteon ran towards the mouse Pokémon with such speed hitting each on the mark. "Fire Pin Missile!" Jolteon obeyed by firing pin-like projectiles at Pikachu.

"Dodge it!" Sora called as Pikachu ran around the attack. Sora couldn't use Thunderbolt or Electro Ball because Jolteon will just absord it again. "Run towards Jolteon with a strong Iron Tail!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu ran towards Jolteon with his tail glowing shining metallicy.

"So that's how you wanna play it, huh?" The man asked. "Jolteon! Run towards Pikachu with Thunder Fang!" Jolteon ran towards Pikachu with Thunder Fang ready to stop Pikachu clean. Pikachu jumps in the air avoiding Jolteon's attack. Pikachu landed a powerful hit on Jolteon's side.

"Now finish it with Quick Attack!" Sora called out to Pikachu.

"Pika!" Pikachu landed a critical hit on Jolteon knocking the lightning Pokémon out.

The man called Jolteon back and walked over to Sora. He and Sora shook hands.

"You did good, kid," The man complemented. "You're even tougher than I thought."

"Thanks," Sora said. "You did good too."

With that done, the group decided to make themselves another stop for some lunch. Everyone let out their Pokémon so that they could stretch their legs (for most).

Kairi had prepared some hot ramen for them again. Sora could swear that she was getting better with her cooking. Sora took a bite and his tastebuds were once again in heaven.

"I swear your ramen tastes better every time you make it," Sora complemented.

"There's a surprise," Kiwae whispered to Mallow.

"I'm just happy to see you enjoy it so much," Kairi beamed.

"I'll say she is," Mallow whispered back.

Kiawe and Mallow laughed amongst themselves, grabbing Sora and Kairi's attention.

"What's so funny?" Sora asked his friends.

"Nothing," Kiawe lied.

"That's right," Mallow said. "Nothing."

Sora wasn't buying it since he looked among his other friends pretending not to know what he's suspecting.

Once lunch was over and done with, they continued on with their journey. Sora rubbed his belly feeling satisfied with his full belly once again. The group made another stop to take a break since they had been walking for a couple of hours.

Upon stopping they saw what they had not expected to see. It was an orchard of grapefruit trees. Up in the trees were grapefruit that were the size of footballs.

"Look at this," Sora said in awe.

"These are the biggest grapefruits I have ever seen," Lana said.

"And they should be ripe right about now," Mallow said as she and Sora went over to one of the trees. They was about to pick one when Kiawe called out.

"Hey hold it!" Kiawe shouted. "I don't think we should pick those!"

"Why not?" Sora questioned.

"Just think about it," Kiawe reasoned. "Don't you think that it's odd that there are grapefruit trees with grapefruit that are bigger than they're so supposed to be right in our path?"

"What does that make any difference?" Sora asked.

"I'm just saying that the size isn't natural," Kiawe pointed out. "I think these are farm grown grapefruit. It's best that we should just leave these here and move on."

"You know something? You're right," Sora said. "It wouldn't be right if we just took these without asking for permission."

"We better get going before someone sees us," Acerola said as Mina nodded in agreement.

But it was too late. Just before they were about to leave a new voice calls out to them.

"Stop right there!" A woman's voice called out. Everyone turns to see a woman with green hair wearing a pink shirt and red pants. She's carrying a stick and runs towards the group. "Stop right there, you thieves!"

"Thieves?!" Sora exclaimed.

"You don't think she means us?!" Sophocles asked.

"I think she does," Hapu said.

"I've caught you red-handed!" The woman yelled she was about to strike Sora when Pikachu jumped in front of Sora.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shouted shocking the woman. She screamed as she was being electrocuted.

"Pikachu, stop!" Sora called out. Pikachu did stop as she fell over to the ground. Sora slowly walked up and threw the stick at the side. "Sorry about that. My Pikachu got startled by you."

She quickly got back up and grabbed Sora by his jacket.

"Don't give me any lame excuse!" The woman hissed. "Do you think you can just steal our grapefruits after all the hard we put in to grow it?!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! We were just passing by," Kairi said.

"We didn't pick any grapefruits," Mallow said. "Because he stopped us from doing it." Mallow pointed to Kiawe.

"I already knew these belonged to someone," Kiawe said. "We were about to leave when you showed up."

"And that's no lie," Sora finished.

She let go of Sora and looks at all of them.

"You mean you're not one of you are stealing our grapefruit?" she questioned.

"Well, we almost did," Mallow said.

"But we were stopped before we did," Sora added. "We should have asked first."

"Just how did you know these were farm grown grapefruits?" Kairi asked Kiawe.

"That's one of the first thing you have to know when working on a farm," Kiawe said.

"Well it's not really a farm," The woman said. "It's more of a plantation. This is one of the seven grapefruit orchards. This business has been in my family for generations. Oh, my name is Ruby by the way."

"I'm Sora," he introduced himself. "This here is Kairi."

"Hello," Kairi greeted.

"And these are Lillie, Illima, Kiawe, Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu," Sora finished the introductions.

"It's nice to meet you," Ruby said. "And sorry about how I acted before. It's just we've been having a problem with grapefruit thieves lately."

"Someone is stealing your grapefruits?" Lana asked.

"Yeah," Ruby nodded.

"Well that explains why you went ballistic on us," Sophocles pointed out.

"You were just protecting your grove," Illima said.

"But how did you get them to grow so big?" Lillie asked. "Kiawe did mention before the size didn't seem natural."

"It takes a lot of work and a little bit of love," Ruby explained. "Every winter we wrap the grapefruit trees with stray to protect them from the cold. And we spray insect repellent and we weed them. Our hard work is worth it when the weather warms up and the trees are covered with beautiful white grapefruit blossoms. That's when we gather migrating Butterfree to pollinate the trees in all seven grapefruit orchards so that they can produce fruit. Then after watering and caring for every single tree, slowly but surely they start to bear fruit."

"Wow," Sora simply said awestruck.

"They're almost like my children, so I care about all of them," Ruby said.

"And I can understand why," Hapu said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"And after so much hard work," Kiawe added.

"Ruby!" Everyone turns to one of the workers who just shown up. "Ruby! The thieves just struck again!"

"And if we hurry, we might catch them!" Ruby stated as she rushes to the scene.

"Guys, we should go help her," Sora said.

"Yeah," Kairi and the Alolan nine agreed.

They went with her and saw that she wasn't kidding about the grapefruits being taken. The branches were even torn.

"This isn't good," Sora said.

"What kind thief would do this?" Kairi asked.

"Hurry, over here!" One of the workers called out. Everyone rushed over to where the worker is. "Over here! Bring help!"

Everyone got to where he is.

"Where are they?" Ruby asked.

"Not they, Ruby! It!" The worker corrected her.

Everyone turned and gasped at what they saw. It was a very large and fat, bear-like Pokémon that has grayish-blue fur and an apricot-color underbelly. Its eyes are always closed, making it look as if it is sleeping. The Pokémon was eating the grapefruits off the branches.

"So it was just one thief," Kiawe stated.

"And it's a Snorlax," Kairi pointed out as Sora pulled out his Pokédex.

Snorlax, the Sleeping Pokémon

The evolved form of Munchlax

Type: Normal

Snorlax's typical day consists of nothing more than eating and sleeping. It is such a docile Pokémon that there are children who use its expansive belly as a place to play.

"Munchlax and Snorlax eats more than any other Pokémon," Illima said.

"And I bet those two can win eating contests without actually trying to win," Sora deadpanned.

"I would hate to be a grapefruit here," Sophocles said.

"I would hate to be any kind of fruit here," Mallow said.

"Stop that Snorlax immediately!" Ruby instructed.

"Right away!" The two workers tried to make Snorlax budge, but nothing they did would work.

"It's no use," Lillie said.

"He just dosen't want to be interrupted from snacking," Kairi said.

"Maybe we could just pick every one of these grapefruit before Snorlax could get to any more," Sora said.

"It's worth a shot," Hapu said.

Sora and the Alolan nine called out their Pokémon and picked grapefruit as quick as a whip. Ruby and her workers did the exact same thing picking grapefruit. The Pokémon amd the humans managed to gather many grapefruit into one pile.

"That should do it," Sora said wiping away some sweat.

"Now we just have to load these up before that Snorlax gets to it," Mallow said.

"And we better hurry," Acerola said.

Just as everyone was about to do that, Snorlax starts running towards the pile of grapefruits.

"No, no, no, Snorlax! These aren't for you!" Sora called out waving his arms. The large Pokémon pushes Sora out of the way as he sat down and resumed eating.

"Sora!" Kairi called out running to him.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu joined her.

"Are you okay, Sora?" Kairi asked worried.

"I'm fine, mommy," Sora said in a daze. "Can I wear the jammies with the feeties?"

"Snap out of it!" Kairi yelled giving Sora a hard slap. Sora shook his head getting rid of his daze.

"Thanks, Kairi," Sora said. "I needed that." Sora looked at Snorlax eating the pile of grapefruits. "We'll need a new approach to this." Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu rejoined the group and tried to analyze the situation.

"Maybe we should try to put Snorlax to sleep," Mallow suggested.

"How are gonna do it?" Acerola asked.

"We could start by singing it a lullaby," Mallow said.

"Well I don't see the harm in that," Sora said.

Mallow went up Snorlax and tried moving her body to match a baby's cradle.

(Mallow)

Rock-a-bye Snorlax,

In the treetop,

And when the wind blows, the cradle will rock,

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,

And when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,

And down will come Snorlax, cradle and all.

As Mallow finished singing, Snorlax was still wide awake and still eating. Mallow and everyone else hung their heads as it didn't work.

"So much for the lullaby," Sora facepalmed. "Anyone else got any ideas?"

Before anyone could come up with one, Snorlax finished the pile.

"Looks like that Snorlax had enough," Lana said. "Maybe he'll fall asleep at any moment."

"And we can make plans on getting him out of here," Sophocles said. Snorlax got on his feet and went over to another spot and started eating again. "Maybe not."

Marowak charged at Snorlax with his bone ignited and hit Snorlax repeatedly, but Snorlax kept eating unphased.

"Marowak has the right idea," Sora said. "Bulbasaur! Vine Whip attack!"

"You too, Bellsprout!" Mallow ordered.

Bulbasaur and Bellsprout even hit the large Pokémon with their Vine Whip. Both Grass Types whiped Snorlax hard, but their vines don't even phase the large Pokémon.

"Razor Leaf," Sora and Mallow both said at once.

Bulbasaur and Bellsprout fired their Razor Leaf attacks, but Snorlax holds out two grapefruits in both hands slicing them. Snorlax ate the sliced grapefruit before moving for a Body Slam move.

"Bulbasaur!" Sora gasped.

"Bellsprout!" Mallow exclaimed.

Both trainers ran to their Grass Types.

"Are you okay?" Sora asked.

"Bulba..." Bulbasaur responded in a daze.

"Not fair for Snorlax to throw his weight around like that," Sora snarled calling Bulbasaur back.

Snorlax set his sights on Marowak as he was about to conk on Snorlax on the head. But Snorlax's right hand emmitted ice and slammed his fist into Marowak's gut sending the Fire and Ghost Type Pokémon back.

"Marowak!" Kiawe ran to his Marowak.

"That was a very good Ice Punch," Illima said.

"I know I wouldn't want to be interrupted from my snack time either," Lana said.

Snorlax kept eating and eating until Snorlax ate all the grapefruits in the whole orchard.

"That was the last of the grapefruit in the area," Sora said.

"Yeah, but there are other grapefruit groves left," Kairi said. "Any ideas on how Snorlax got here?"

"Not a clue," Ruby said. "But I'll call all the staff and tell them to start picking grapefruits right away."

"And we can keep Snorlax busy as best as we can," Sora said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine followed Snorlax to the next grove. Snorlax makes a stop over a wire fence and broke it down as Snorlax got to the next orchard and started eating.

"What's the plan?" Mallow asked.

"Well the only thing to stop that Snorlax is if we just weaken him in a battle and catch him in a Pokéball," Sora said. "I don't exactly know how tough Snorlax is, but I think we might tire him out."

"You sure that it'll work?" Lillie asked.

"Yes and no," Sora admitted.

"I don't have any objections," Hapu said. "Let's do it!"

Hapu and Mina stayed behind to deal with Snorlax as the others went on ahead to intercept Snorlax in case that they failed. Both girls threw their Pokéballs.

"Go Mudsdale!" Hapu said

"Clefairy, go!" Mina said.

Mudsdale and Clefairy enter the battle ready to battle Snorlax.

"Mudsdale! Mega Kick!" Hapu ordered.

"Clefairy! Use your Meteor Mash!" Mina ordered.

Both Pokémon landed their attacks on Snorlax, but the sleeping Pokémon attacked with Body Slam knocking them both out with one hit.

Both Hapu and Mina called Mudsdale and Clefairy back. Mina threw her other Pokéball.

"Shiinotic! Go!" Mina called as the Pokéball lets out Shiinotic. "Seed Bomb!" Shiinotic fired seeds at Snorlax making them explode on contact. Snorlax responded by delivering an Ice Punch knocking out Shiinotic.

Over to HQ, Ruby and her staff kept tabs on Snorlax as he ate and ate more grapefruits. Snorlax made his way just a few feet away from the third orchard when he came to face with Lana. Lana had a Dive Ball ready.

"Okay Gyarados! Let's go!" Lana said throwing the Dive Ball. Gyarados lets out a loud roar. Upon entering Snorlax shook a little. Lana knew that it was Gyarados's ability Intimidate kicking in, but she knew it wouldn't keep Snorlax away from eating. "Gyarados! Ice Fang!" Gyarados charged at Snorlax with his fangs emitting ice.

Snorlax dodged the move by simply moving to the side as Gyarados hit the dirt instead.

"Snorlax!" Snorlax said giving Gyarados a good Headbutt.

"Dragon Rage!" Lana ordered. Gyarados fired its attack at Snorlax hitting the large Pokémon. Snorlax used Ice Punch again sending the large fish Pokémon back and finished it off with Body Slam. Gyarados was down for the count.

Snorlax proceeded eating again and again. Mallow has shown up to deal with the large Pokémon with Tsareena already out.

"Are you ready Tsareena?" Mallow asked as she nodded. "Okay! Magical Leaf!" Tsareena starts up firing Magical Leaf at Snorlax. Snorlax charged in using Body Slam on Tsareena and got back to more eating.

Even Mallow didn't do much to stop Snorlax. Snorlax ate all the grapefruits in the area and moved on to the next, and that's where Sophocles and Illima with Bewear, Togedemaru and Magnemite waiting for him.

"There he comes," Sophocles said.

"Get ready," Illima said.

They could hear Snorlax's footsteps getting louder and louder with every step as Snorlax was eating the branch.

"Bewear! Focus Blast!" Illima ordered.

"Magnemite, you use Thunderbolt! Togedemaru you use Discharge!" Sophocles also ordered.

Bewear formed a ball of energy to throw at Snorlax as Magnemite and Togedemaru fired their own electric attacks at Snorlax. The moves did hit, but Snorlax responded with another Ice Punch attack. Snorlax kept eating and eating until there was nothing left in the area.

Snorlax had reached the next part of number three and Kiawe was ready for him.

"Okay Turtonator!" Kiawe said. "It's your turn!" Kiawe said throwing his Pokéball letting out Snorlax. "Can't use any fire attacks because against that thing," Kiawe said in his thoughts. "Use your Dragon Tail!" Turtonator swung his tail with full force only for Snorlax to grab his tail and use it as a napkin. Snorlax tossed Turtonator to the side and let out Body Slam on the large turtle Pokémon.

Snorlax ate all the grapefruits in the area and started eating the grapefruit there; and that's where Lillie and Acerola were standing by. Snowy, Ponyta, and Mimikyu were ready.

Snorlax eventually reached the girls and grabbed grapefruit from a nearby tree.

"Okay Mimikyu! Play Rough!" Acerola ordered.

"Snowy! Powder Snow! Ponyta! High Horsepower!" Lillie ordered.

Three Pokémon launched their attacks against Snorlax, but Snorlax used Body Slam flattening both Ponyta and Snowy. Mimikyu pummeled Snorlax to the best of its abilities but Mimikyu got tired as it fell to the side.

"Even Mimikyu couldn't cut it," Acerola sighed.

"It looks like it's all up to Sora now," Lillie said. "I just hope he has a trick up his sleeve."

"Knowing him, he probably does," Acerola said.

Over to the main warehouse, Sora stood patiently waiting for Snorlax to show up. Kairi and Ruby along the rest of the staff were ready to evacuate the remaining grapefruit, but they feared that it wouldn't be enough to keep Snorlax away.

Sora had already had a plan set into motion. As soon as he and Kairi arrived to the main warehouse, Sora had already exchanged his Haunter for Primeape as he knew Fighting Type Pokémon has an edge against a Normal Type like Snorlax. And he has Pikachu as backup. Sora had to admit he was skeptical about using Primeape since catching him, even when Professor Oak said he was getting along with his other Pokémon well, but he had to risk it.

"Okay Snorlax," Sora said in his thoughts. "I don't know if you're caught yet, but if you're not, I'm ready for you." Sora got his answer when Snorlax has shown up eating a branch. Sora got his Pokéball ready. "Okay, Snorlax! This is where your meal ends!" Sora throws Primeape's Pokéball. "Okay Primeape! Go!" The Pokéball lets out Primeape as starts flaring his nostrils and stomping around.

"I hope this works," Ruby said.

"Me too," Kairi said. "I'm just worried about how Sora will handle Primeape."

Ruby looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked blinking twice.

"Primeape and Sora didn't have the best first impression," Kairi explained. "Especially when he took Sora's necklace when he was just a Mankey. Things got really hairy when Primeape went berserk and just attacked him. But he knew the only way to stop Primeape was to catch him."

Ruby understood the situation. She looked at Sora and Primeape as Snorlax approaches.

"Okay Primeape! Use Dual Chop!" Sora oredered as Primeape charged at Snorlax and gave him a good brutal chops on the side. The attack did hit, but Snorlax responded with Ice Punch. That got Primeape angry. "Primeape! Stomping Tantrum!" Primeape rushes over to Snorlax stomping at him. Snorlax couldn't get rid of Primeape since he was coming too fast and his attacks were too strong. Sora had to figure the Alolan nine had to tire out Snorlax as he figured they would; Snorlax was getting slower with his attacks. Snorlax tried Body Slam again only for Primeape to give Snorlax a strong uppercut. "Great job, Primeape! Now use Dual Chop again!" Primeape delivered devastating Dual Chops onto Snorlax as he has trouble to keep his balance."

Kairi and Ruby watched on as they knew that Snorlax was on the ropes now.

"Wow. Looks like I was wrong to worry," Kairi said. "He's handling Primeape better than I thought." Kairi was amazed how Sora handled Primeape so well despite the fact this is the first offical use. "Keep it up, Primeape!"

"Okay Primeape! Power-Up Punch!" Sora ordered as Primeape delivered a good strong punch on Snorlax sending him on his back and right into a nearby tree, breaking it in half. "Great job, Primeape!" Sora got a Pokéball ready and hurls at Snorlax, taking him inside. The Pokéball wobbles around and around as the button on the Pokéball flashes. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Snorlax on the team or send him right over to Professor Oak's lab. Sora confirms he'll send Snorlax to Professor Oak. Sora smiled feeling proud of his latest catch. "Gotcha! I got me a Snorlax!" Sora walks over to Primeape and smiles. Primeape looks up to Sora. "I'm so proud of you, Primeape. You did a great job with Snorlax." Primeape smiled under that fur and jumps on Sora and nuggies his trainer. Sora laughs as Kairi and Ruby had walked up. Primeape sees Kairi approach the two and he immediately went over to her and nuzzles her hand. Kairi starts to giggle at the affection.

"That's one thing that didn't change from Mankey," Kairi said. "You're such a sweetie." Kairi hugged the pig monkey Pokémon and Primeape returns the hug with another. Ruby looks at the two of them confused.

"Kairi said that Primeape went on a total rampage before you caught it," Ruby pointed out. "But why is it sweet on her?"

Sora stroked his chin as he remembered their first meeting.

"I think he's like that towards her because Kairi was nice to him when she fed him," Sora said. "I guess even if I didn't catch him, he would have a King Kong thing with her."

Sora laughed at the joke as Ruby watched on at as he joined in on the hug. Primeape hugs them both in his arms. Sora and Kairi were gripped in the hug as they were close to kissing. Pikachu gave a sly grin at the sight.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said cheekily.

Sora's face was turning red and the same can be said for Kairi's face. Sora had the urge to kiss her on the lips not caring who was present, but that was interrupted when Primeape lets go of Kairi and gave him another nuggie. Sora laughs at the series of nuggies.

"Okay Primeape," Sora said. "Ouch. That hurts more than it tickles," Sora said between laughs.

A little while later, the Alolan nine rejoined their friends Ruby was so relieved that everything had worked out.

"Thank you all," Ruby said. "If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have a single grapefruit left."

"We're just happy to help you out," Sora said scratching the back of his head.

"Just like Sora," Illima said. "Acting so modest."

"Well that's the perks when helping someone in need," Mallow added.

"And it's rubbing off on us," Acerola said as Mina nodded.

"I have something for you," Ruby said handing a small bag to Sora. "They're our candied grapefruit peels. They're delicious. In fact, I have one for each of you." Ruby handed bags to Kairi and the Alolan nine as well.

"Thanks a lot," Sophocles smiled.

Sora bent over to Pikachu holding one out.

"Go ahead Pikachu," Sora said. "Try it."

"Cha!" Pikachu beamed taking a bite.

"Is that good?" Sora asked smiling.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu chirped.

Ruby smiled as she watched Pikachu enjoy the grapefruit peels. Just then one of her staff members shown up.

"Ruby! You won't believe this, but there are new trees growing wherever Snorlax went!"

Everyone gasped as they rushed over to Snorlax's path of snacking and saw sprouts growing from the ground.

"Look at that!" Lana said in awe.

"This is amazing!" Ruby also said awestruck. "I've never seen anything like this before."

"I guess that Snorlax has an ability that helps trees grow back again," Lillie said.

"I guess something bad can also bring something good," Kairi said.

"I think you're right, Kairi," Ruby beamed. "Next year we may have more fruit than ever!"

"I hope so, Ruby," Sora said smiling. Sora wasn't exactly sure what kind of ability Lillie was talking about, but he knew the new grapefruit will surely grow in would probably turn out sweeter than before. Sora and his friends said their goodbyes to Ruby and their staff as they continued on towards Saffon City. Now with a new Snorlax a part of his ever-growing team, he felt this would turn out more interesting.

The group enjoyed their candied grapefruit peels shortly after they had their dinner. And laid in their sleeping bags sleeping soundly.

Over to Professor Oak's lab, Snorlax didn't take long to get well-adjusted to his new life, as he helped himself to an apple tree growing in the ranch. Once his own meal was done, Snorlax fell right to sleep.