Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Birds Of A Feather ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 32: Birds Of A Feather!

Before we get this chapter started, I just wanna to announce that Sora will have two evolutions in this chapter since the three evolutions back at chapter 4. Unlike Ash's Rowlet, Sora's will actually evolve, along with Pikipek in this one. I hope that it'll get your blood boiling with excitement.

Several days has passed since Sora saved a grapefruit plantation from a hungry-hungry Snorlax and captured it. By that time, Sora had exchanged his Bulbasaur and Primeape for Rowlet and Pikipek. Sora took out the two Pokéballs and Safari Ball containing Pidgeotto, Rowlet, and Pikipek.

"Pidgeotto! Rowlet! Pikipek! Come on out!" Sora called out. The three bird Pokémon were let out to stretch their wings, but Rowlet flew up to Sora and rested on his head. Sora chuckled as Rowlet got settled. "Just like you, Rowlet." Sora looked over to Pikipek. "Now let's see what does Dexter has to say about you, Pikipek." Sora took out his Pokédex and points it at his new bird Pokémon.

Pikipek, the Woodpecker Pokémon

Type: Normal/Flying

It can peck at a rate of 16 times a second to drill holes in trees. It uses the holes for food storage and for nesting.

"A good way to hide your snacks," Sora joked. Sora looked over his Pokédex. "Well according to this, it says that you know, Peck, Flame Charge, Drill Peck, and Boomburst." Sora puts his Pokédex away. "We should give your moves a try," Sora said looking over at his friends and wondered who to challenge next. He looked over to Mina who was busy painting and he got an idea. "Hey Mina!" Mina looked up to the spikey-haired boy. "How about we have a practice battle?"

"Okay," Mina simply said putting her painting equipment away.

Kairi, Pikachu, and the rest of the Alolan nine gathered as Sora was about to battle Mina. Sora had chosen Pikipek for the battle and Mina has chosen Clefairy to battle.

"I wonder how Sora will handle his Pikipek?" Kiawe asked.

"Only one way to find out," Lana answered.

"You can have the first move," Mina said.

"Thanks," Sora said. "Pikipek! Start things up with Peck!"

Pikipek dove into towards Clefairy with ferocity.

"Dodge," Mina simply said as Clefairy jumped out the way. "Double Slap." Clefairy slaps Pikipek silly. "Meteor Mash!" Clefairy slams her fist into the woodpecker Pokémon.

"Shake it off, Pikipek!" Sora called out. "Move in with Flame Charge!" Pikipek obeyed charging into Clefairy hitting her hard. "Good hit, Pikipek! Flame Charge again!"

"What again?!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"I think I know what he's doing," Illima said.

"What is he trying to do?" Sophocles asked.

"He's trying to build up Pikipek's speed," Illima explained. "Flame Charge increases speed from every use."

Illima's theroy is confirmed when Pikipek starts flying faster than normal.

"Now use Drill Peck!" Sora ordered. Pikipek flew with lightning speed as it starts spinning like a drill, hitting Clefairy on contact. As Pikipek landed a successful hit, Pikipek's eyes formed hearts as it became infatuated with Clefairy. "Crap! I wasn't expect this!"

"Looks like Pikipek activated Cute Charm," Acerola said.

"And I can guess you already knew it was a boy Pikipek," Lana guessed.

"I did," Kairi admitted. "And since Pikipek is in love with Clefairy, he won't be able to attack much."

"Pikipek! Boomburst!" Sora ordered. Pikipek was too immobilized by love to attack. "Crap!"

"Metronome," Mina said as she and her Clefairy start moving their arms back and fourth. Sora's eyes widened as he remembered the Cleffa and Clefairy use Metronome on Team Rocket. And he knew it'll pick a move out of random. Mina and Clefairy stopped moving their arms as Clefairy and fired Flamethrower at Pikipek. Pikipek fell to the ground beaten.

Sora ran up to his fallen Pikipek and picked him up.

"You okay, Pikipek?" Sora asked his Pokémon. Pikipek chirped sadly. "You got nothing to say sorry about. You gave it what you've got." Pikipek felt better.

With the battle over and done with, everyone gathered for an Alolan lunch prepared by Kairi and Mallow. Also special Pokémon food as well. Pikipek enjoyed so much. Pidgeotto handed Pikipek some of his. Pikipek looked at Pidgeotto and tilted his head.

"Kairi gave me a little too much to eat. So you need this more than I do."- Pidgeotto subtitle.

"Thanks." - Pikipek subtitle.

Pikachu looks at the two bird Pokémon and already knew Pidgeotto had become a big brother figure to Pikipek. Maybe it was because Pikipek reminded Pidgeotto of himself when he was a Pidgey. Sora and Kairi noticed it as well.

"Look at that," Sora said. "Those two got so close in such a short time."

"I'll say," Kairi agreed. "It's almost like they're brothers."

Rowlet enjoyed the Pokémon food as well. Rowlet wanted more so he tried to move in on Pikipek's food when Pidgeotto grabbed his leg reaching for it. Rowlet looked up and saw Pidgeotto glare at the green owl Pokémon.

"Don't even think about it." - Pidgeotto subtitle.

"But I'm still hungry!" - Rowlet subtitle.

"Ask Kairi for more if you're hungry." - Pidgeotto subtitle.

Rowlet pouted as he looked at the bigger bird Pokémon and flew up and landed on Sora's head again. Sora and Kairi chuckled.

"You know it's going to get old sooner or later," Sora said. Rowlet looked over to Kairi and gave her a puppy dog look saying he wants more. Kairi picked Rowlet up off Sora's head.

"Are you still hungry?" Kairi playfully asked. Rowlet nodded as Kairi took Rowlet back with the others and poured some more for Rowlet. "Here you go. But this is the last batch until I can make more, okay?" Rowlet started to dig in scarfing it down.

"And I thought Snorlax had an appetite," Sora joked remembering the grapefruit incident.

"I know, right?" Kairi also joked.

"Pika," Pikachu added.

Lillie and Lana looked at the two of them and smiled at the sight.

Just a little bit further, a young man wearing blue overalls and wearing a straw hat and with a Spearow perching on his shoulder were walking by when something caught his eye. It was a Rowlet among others. He knew that it was an Alolan Pokémon so he rushed over towards the group catching the group by surprise.

"Excuse me!" the young man called. "Where did you get this Rowlet?! And who's Rowlet is it?!"

"That Rowlet's mine actually," Sora answered. "Same for the Pikipek, too."

He looked over to Pikipek next to Pidgeotto. He took a good look at the other two bird Pokémon.

"I've gotta tell you, your bird Pokémon look incredible!" the young man said.

"Who are you?" Sora questioned the young man.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I've been rude. My name is Bryan. And this is my Spearow Beaky. Say hello, Beaky." The Spearow squawked introducing itself.

"Well I'm Sora," he introduced. "And this is Kairi. And the rest over there is Lillie, Illima, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu."

"Good to meet you, Sora," Bryan said. "But I must ask you where did you get this Rowlet? This Pokémon is rare outside of the Alola region."

"Sora caught him in Celadon City," Kairi said.

"Celadon City?" Bryan asked. "You mean you didn't go to Alola to get it?" Sora shook his head. "Judging by the look of this Pokémon, you did a good job with this one."

"Thanks," Sora said.

"You're welcome," Bryan said. "And the same can be said for Pidgeotto and Pikipek."

"Well, Pikipek I had for a short time," Sora said. "But thanks again."

"I take it that you have a huge fascination with bird Pokémon," Illima assumed.

"Sure do," Bryan said. "Bird Pokémon has always been a passion of mine. I've been traveling the world taking photos of bird Pokémon." Bryan took out a photo album from his backpack and showed the group his photographs of different bird Pokémon. There were some of Pidgey and Pidgeotto, Spearow and Fearow, and one with a Psyduck and many others from different regions.

"Amazing," Mallow said.

"I'll say," Acerola said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"I'm so very glad you all feel that way," Bryan smiled. He took out his camera and snapped a picture of Rowlet. The flash made Rowlet temporary blind and flew up to Sora's head once again. He snapped one with Pidgeotto and Pikipek also. Both bird Pokémon blinked until their sight came back.

"Why do you love bird Pokémon so much, Bryan?" Hapu asked.

"Well ever since I was a little kid," Bryan started his story. "I often heard stories of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres; the three birds of legend. Every night, my mom would read me the stories of these three birds as they flew in the skies of the world. I fell in love with bird Pokémon when I first heard it. I know what you're going to say, but too much is never enough. And there is also the legend of Ho-Oh. The legendary bird Pokémon who breathed its life into the deceased Pokémon Suicune, Entei, and Raikou. Ho-Oh is said to fly in the sky leaving behind a beautiful rainbow."

Sora and Kairi remembered seeing Ho-Oh when they first met. They remembered how beautiful the sight was.

Even the Alolan nine were moved by the tale.

"That's quite a tale," Illima said.

"It sure is," Acerola agreed.

"I'll bet Kahili would be moved by that story," Mallow said.

"Who's Kahili?" Sora questioned.

"She's a world famous golfer," Kiawe said.

"Not only that, she's a tough Pokémon trainer who specializes with Flying Types," Sophocles added.

Illima took out a photo of her. Sora and Kairi took a look and saw a young woman with wings with a cowlick. Her eyes are light blue, and has a mole near her left eye. She wore a sky blue visor with a tiny orange patch. Her polo is a light cornflower grey blue with sky blue stripes, matching her hat, with two blue dot patterns on her polo. She's also wearing orange and white shoes looking like is seen holding a golf club making a swing.

"Is this her?" Kairi questioned.

"It is," Illima answered.

"I've got to know where you are hiding those photos," Sora said.

"Trade secret," Illima simply replied putting the photo away.

"Well since you're a trainer, I was wondering if you would like to battle me," Bryan stated. "That's if you want to."

"Sure thing," Sora stated. "I'm sure Pikipek could use this to make up for what happened." Pikipek flew up to Sora's shoulder and smiled. Rowlet flew off of Sora's head also wanting to battle. "How do you want to do it."

"Make it a triple battle," Bryan stated. "What do you say?"

"Cool," Sora said accepting the challenge. Kairi holding Pikachu sat with the Alolan nine as they watch the battle underway. Sora had already chosen Pidgeotto, Rowlet, and Pikipek for this one, while Bryan is about to make his selection.

"Okay," Bryan started. "Beaky will be in this battle. Now time for Doduo and Dodrio to join up as well!" Bryan threw his two Pokéballs letting a Dodrio and a two-headed bird Pokémon that seems similar to Dodrio. Sora took out his Pokédex to analyze the two other Pokémon.

Doduo, the Twin Bird Pokémon.

Type: Normal/Flying

Doduo's two heads never sleep at the same time. Its two heads take turns sleeping, so one head can always keep watch for enemies while the other one sleeps.

"Well two heads are better than one," Sora said. "Now what about Dodrio?"

Dodrio, the Triple Bird Pokémon

The evolved form of Doduo

Type: Normal/Flying

Apparently, the heads aren't the only parts of the body that Dodrio has three of. It has three sets of hearts and lungs as well, so it is capable of running long distances without rest. The three heads represents joy, sorrow, and anger.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and looks at Doduo and Dodrio.

"I know this won't be easy," Sora said in his thoughts. "Spearow and Doduo I think I can handle fine; but it's Dodrio I think I'm going to have a hard time with."

"You think Sora has an edge in this?" Sophocles asked.

"Well he would if he used Pikachu in this," Lana said.

"Right. Electric Types has an edge on Flying Types," Mallow agreed.

"But do you think using Rowlet in this battle is a good idea?" Sophocles asked. "Rowlet is a Grass Type also."

"Well knowing Sora, he will have some ideas," Hapu simply stated.

Everyone all nodded as they agreed. Now the battle was about to start.

"Okay, Pidgeotto! Steel Wing on Spearow! Rowlet! Tackle on Doduo! Pikipek! Flame Charge on Dodrio!" Sora ordered his three Pokémon. Pidgeotto flew in charging at Spearow, Rowlet doing the same at Doduo, and Pikipek charges in on Dodrio.

"Beaky! Block that move with your Steel Wing! Doduo and Dodrio! You both use Quick Attack on Rowlet and Pikipek!" Bryan ordred.

Beaky blocks Pidgeotto's attack with its own Steel Wing. Both bird Pokémon were locked in combat, not one was backing down. Doduo and Dodrio runs fast as they hit both Rowlet and Pikipek.

"Rowlet! Leafage! Let's go!" Sora called as Rowlet unleashes his Leafage attack and sends it towards the two wingless bird Pokémon.

Over to Pidgeotto and Beaky, their attacks are still locked. Beaky tried to push back as hard as it could, but Pidgeotto's Steel Wing was just too strong as he pushed the opposing bird Pokémon back. Beaky wasn't going to back away.

"Beaky! Aerial Ace!" Bryan ordered. Bryan's Spearow flipped around as he flew at lightning speed.

"Pidgeotto! You use Aerial Ace too!" Sora called out as Pidgeotto moved the same way as Beaky. Both attacks hit at once, but the are both pushed back. "Wing Attack!"

"Drill Peck!" Beaky spinned its body like a drill as Pidgeotto flew towards Beaky. Both attacks hit their mark as both fell to the ground. Totally beaten and exhausted. Beaky just simply flew back to Bryan. "You okay, Beaky?" Spearow squawked in response. "You did great, Beaky. You should rest."

"Pidgeotto, return," Sora said calling Pidgeotto back to his Pokéball. "You battled hard. You deserve a good long rest."

"Your Pidgeotto did well against my Beaky," Bryan complemented. "Let's see how your other two birds handles mine. Doduo and Dodrio! You guys game?" Doduo and Dodrio all heads nodded confirming it.

"The battle isn't over till it's over," Sora said. "Rowlet! Pikipek! Let's keep going!" Rowlet and Pikipek both said stretching out their wings.

"That's what I like to hear! Doduo! Dodrio! Move in with Fury Attack!" Both multi-headed birds moved in to deliver their attacks at Sora's birds.

"Rowlet! Leafage! Pikipek! Boomburst!" Rowlet fires his Leafage towards the opposing bird Pokémon and while Pikipek fires a powerful sound based attack. The two attacks combined as they hit both Doduo and Dodrio. Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all watched in amazement.

"I would never have expected this," Lillie said.

"Me neither," Kairi said. "Sora is just full of surprises!"

"And I can bet that's why she loves him that much," Acerola whispered to Mina. The Fairy Type trainer just simply nodded.

"Doduo! Dodrio!" Bryan called out. Both wingless birds were caught feeling the sound wave push them down into the ground as well getting hit with leaves. Once the attacks have subsided, Sora was surprised to see them both still standing after taking that kind of onslaught. "Gotta admit I didn't see that coming. But as you said before, the battle isn't over till it's over. Dodrio! Tri-Attack!" Dodrio obeyed as it fired Tri-Attack hitting both Rowlet and Pikipek. Kairi held Pikachu tight knowing Bryan was now playing for keeps.

"Hang in there," Kairi whispered to herself.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said worryingly for his teammates.

"Now Doduo! Use Fury Attack!" Doduo obeyed hitting both Rowlet and Pikipek good both of Sora's birds were taken back as they fell to the ground. Bryan was sure he won now. But to his surprise, both opposing Pokémon slowly got back up.

"Rowlet. Pikipek," Sora just said. "You still want to battle?" Rowlet kept their eyes on their opponents as they both started to evolve. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were surprised by this. Even Bryan was caught off guard. "No way!"

"They're evolving!" Kiawe said.

"Both at once!" Lana said.

"Pika Pi," Pikachu said in awe.

Once Rowlet and Pikipek finished evolving both had taken new forms. Rowlet was now taller and now had white, but it has brown feathers on his head, shoulders and back. Its heart-shaped,facial discis also white, and it has black eyes with dim irises that normally seem shut, a squat beak that has a white upper jaw and orange-dark colored lower jaw, and two short tufts of quills on the back of its head. Two green leaves bend around his face, looking like an asymmetric haircut; the leaf on his right is longer than the one on the left. Under his chin are two smaller leaves that resemble a bow tie, and there are two pointed ones on its rear that form its tail. His wings have two tan spots on the upper side and leafy plumage near the body on the underside. Inside the leaves under his wings are two orange-dark colored items like seeds. And he has orange-dark colored claws with two toes confronting forward and one confronting in reverse.

And Pikipek now had a longer beak with black at the tip and a red stripe added on. The new Pokémon now had a red zig-zag ring around the neck and the red feathers at the top was now black at the top and has gray plumage resembling eyebrows.

"So cool," Sora said taking out his Pokédex and scanned the two new Pokémon.

Dartrix, the Blade Quill Pokémon

The evolved form of Rowlet

Type: Grass/Flying

A bit of a dandy, it spends its free time preening its wings. Its preoccupation with any dirt on its plumage can leave it unable to battle.

Trumbeak, the Bugle Beak Pokémon

The evolved form of Pikipek

Type: Normal/Flying

It eats berries and stores their seeds in its beak. When it encounters enemies or prey, it fires off all the seeds in a burst.

"Dartrix and Trumbeak!" Sora beamed. "Two newly evolved Pokémon!"

Kairi smiled as she remembered when Litten evolved into a Torracat when he battled Koga. Koga's Arbok had the squeeze on Litten when he suddenly evolved. Kairi felt proud since both of Sora's Pokémon were getting stronger all the time, evolving or not.

Even Bryan was impressed by this sight, so he took out his camera and took a picture of the newly evolved bird Pokémon.

"I was not expecting this to happen," Bryan admitted. "This just made this battle even more interesting for me."

"Same for me," Sora said. "Dartrix! Use Tackle! Trumbeak! Drill Peck!" Dartrix and Trumbeak did the exact moves. The power of their moves had grown stronger when they hit.

Bryan wasn't going to call it quits just yet.

"Evolved or otherwise, they're no match for my Doduo and Dodrio!" Bryan stated. "Five heads are better than one! Dodrio! Tri-Attack!" Dodrio fired the attack again to send it towards Dartrix and Trumbeak.

"No you don't! Dartrix! Blow it away with Ominous Wind!" Dartrix flapped his wings much more slowly but stronger judging how the ghostly wind came out. The Ominous Wind was strong enough to send Tri-Attack back at its owner. Dodrio was frozen solid. "Okay Trumbeak! Flame Charge on Doduo!" Trumbeak charged at Doduo with his charge attack even stronger since after just evolving.

"Doduo! Dodrio!" Bryan cried out.

"Okay guys! Leafage and Boomburst again!" Sora called out to Dartrix and Trumbeak. Dartrix flapped his wings, but instead of Leafage, he let out Razor Leaf. Sora figured Dartrix had just learned it just after evolving. But Trumbeak's Boomburst was just the same as ever when the sound attack came out again.

The two attacks merged again creating a even stronger attack. Even with their speed, Doduo and Dodrio couldn't move out of the way since it came too fast; Dodrio was frozen solid and Doduo was too tired to run. Both Pokémon were hit by the blast. The ice surrounding Dodrio shattered as they both fell to the ground totally beaten. Kairi and Pikachu cheered as Sora had just won despite the odds being against him again. Even the Alolan nine were happy for their friend.

Bryan was at a total loss of words. He wasn't angry that he lost, but he just smiled.

"Come on back, you two," Bryan said withdrawing his worn out Pokémon. He walked up to Sora and shook his hand. "Congratulations, Sora. Not only for your victory, but for your newly evolved Pokémon, too."

"Thanks Bryan," Sora said shaking his hand. "You did an awesome job at raising them."

Bryan smiled at that. With the battle concluded Sora and his friends said their goodbyes to Bryan as he sets off looking for bird Pokémon.

Dinnertime came in as they had chicken stew this time. Sora especially love it as did everyone else.

Pidgeotto, Charmander, and Squirtle were surprised to see Rowlet and Pikipek had evolved. Pidgeotto was pretty proud of Trumbeak. Even Dartrix had matured a bit since evolving. That meant Dartrix would be a little too big to land on Sora's head now. And that was much to Sora's delight since he didn't want to imagine Dartrix's claws to dig into his skull.

After dinner, Sora and Pikachu were looking up in the night sky, thinking about seeing Ho-Oh on the day he and Kairi met. He also remembered that it was the day that he became a Pokémon trainer.

"Ho-Oh," Sora simply said. "That was the bird Pokémon Kairi and I saw. But as for the other three birds. Let's see." Sora took out his Pokédex to get info on the three birds of legend.

Articuno, the Freeze Pokémon

Type: Ice/Flying

Articuno is a legendary bird Pokémon that can control ice. The flapping of its wings chills the air. As a result, it is said that when this Pokémon flies, snow will fall.

The image of Sora's Pokédex switches from Articuno to a yellow bird Pokémon that appears to have sharp points at its wings, tail feathers, and head and a long needle-like beak.

Zapdos, the Electric Pokémon

Type: Electric/Flying

Zapdos is a legendary bird Pokémon that has the ability to control thunder and lightning. It usually lives in thunderclouds. The Pokémon gains power if it is stricken by lightning bolts.

Image of the Pokémon switches over to a phoenix-like Pokémon with its feathers at the wings and tail feather being made of flames. It even has a long flame plumage on its head.

Moltres, the Flame Pokémon

Type: Fire/Flying

Moltres is a legendary bird Pokémon that has the ability to control fire. If this Pokémon is injured, it is said to dip its body in the molten magma of a volcano to burn and heal itself.

Sora puts his Pokédex away as Kairi sits next to him. She lightly taps his shoulder getting the boy's attention.

"Hey Kairi," Sora greeted.

"What are you and Pikachu doing sitting here?" Kairi asked.

"Just thinking," Sora simply said.

"About what?" Kairi asked wanting to know.

"About the day I first got Pikachu and became a Pokémon trainer," Sora simply said. "And when we met."

Kairi understood what he meant.

"I'll have to admit. It wasn't how I would except it would turn out," Kairi said. "But I am grateful for what you did for me."

"And you're welcome," Sora said. His face had a tinge of pink on his face. "And it was when we both saw Ho-Oh fly above us."

"It was a beautiful sight," Kairi said.

Sora gazed at Kairi again.

"Yeah it was," Sora said. Sora had a sudden urge to kiss Kairi on the lips. He had to fight those urges as best as he could. Pikachu just watched as he knew that it was bound to happen. But then the moment was interrupted.

"Kiawe! Your Marowak did it again!" Sophocles shouted.

Sora and Kairi went over to see what the fuss was about. Pikachu just facepalmed as they were close to kissing.

"Thanks a lot, Marowak. Thanks for ruining such a romantic moment." - Pikachu subtitle.

Pikachu joined up with Sora and Kairi as Marowak was picking a fight with Togedemaru.

"Marowak! I know you want to get stronger, but come on!" Kiawe scolded.

Marowak and Togedemaru were locked in close contact.

Sora and Kairi just shook their heads at the sight.

"I was so close to giving Kairi a kiss on the lips," Sora groaned in his thoughts.

Lillie, Mallow, Lana, and Mina looked the two and they walked up to them.

"So what were you crazy kids up to?" Lana asked playfully.

Both had blushed.

"Nothing," Sora said blushing. "We were just talking."

"Just talking," Kairi also said.

"Oh sure you were," Mallow teased as she and Lillie snickered.

Sora and Kairi managed to break Marowak and Togedemaru up before a fight could get out. Everyone went to sleep in their sleeping bags. For some reason Kairi couldn't sleep. She sat up and looked right at Sora. She walked up to him and saw him sleeping soundly. She bent to him and smiled.

"I don't know why we feel so awkward when people ask if we're a couple," Kairi said in her thoughts. "I wanna to be able to say it openly to you. I want us to be able to express it with you. I want us to be together. I want to be able to say that I love you." With that said, she moved her head and pressed her lips against his. Pikachu opened one eye and saw Kairi kissing Sora on the lips. Pikachu quickly closes his eye not wanting to see Kairi spying on her. She kissed his lips for a minute or two before pulling away and whispered, "I love you."

Kairi blushed a little as she went back to sleep in her sleeping bag. She went to sleep feeling happy about her first kiss to Sora. As she slept she dreamt that it was just the two of them. They found themselves in a magical world to which stars all around them twinkled.

Music began playing as Kairi started to sing to him as she slow danced with Sora.

(Kairi)

Out here in the quiet of the night,

Beneath the stars, and moon

We both know we've got something on our minds

We won't admit, but it's true

You look at me, I look away.

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

But I don't know how to start

I wanna tell you, but now

I'm afraid that you might break my heart

Oh, why should anything so easy ever

Be so hard to do?

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

And to say that, I love you.

I practice all the things that I could say,

Line by line, every word

I tell myself today could be the day,

But every time, I lose my nerve

I look at you, you look away

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

But I don't know how to start.

I wanna tell you, but now

I'm afraid that you might break my heart

Oh, why should anything so easy ever

Be so hard to do?

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

And to say that, I love you.

Why? Why do you turn away?

It must be, you're afraid like me

I try, but I can't pretend that I

Don't feel for you the way I do

Can't you see?

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

But I don't know how to start

I wanna tell you, but now

I'm afraid that you might break my heart

Oh, why should anything so easy ever

Be so hard to do?

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

And to say that, I love you.

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

But I don't know how to start

I wanna tell you, but now

I'm afraid that you might break my heart

Oh, why should anything so easy ever

Be so hard to do?

I wanna tell you what I'm feeling,

And to say that, I love you.

"I love you, Sora," Kairi said moving her head and kissed Sora on the lips. Sora kissed her back.

Kairi woke up the next morning and looked around and saw everyone else asleep. Kairi got up and stretched her legs. Sora woke up feeling fresh as he saw her walk off. He got up and decided to join her.

Kairi looked up in the sky and saw the morning sky was beautiful today. Sora snuck behind her and tapped her shoulder. Kairi turned to face him.

"Morning Kairi," Sora greeted.

"Morning, Sora," Kairi said blushing. She was embarrassed about giving him that kiss from last night, but she shook it off. "Did you sleep good?"

"Sure did," Sora said, but for some reason, he had his fingers on his lips. To him, it felt like a kiss on the lips. Maybe he might have dreamed it. He decided not to question it for now. "What about you? Sleep okay?"

"J-just fine," Kairi said feeling nervous.

Sora and Kairi looked into each other when they heard something they didn't expect to see again. Flying above them was Ho-Oh. Both Sora and Kairi stared at awe as the majestic bird Pokémon flew by. But one of its feathers fell from one of its wings. Sora caught it and saw it was stripped with green at the tip, white in the middle, and red at the edge.

"The rainbow wing," they both said at once. They couldn't believe that Ho-Oh had appeared to them again. They returned to camp and saw the Alolan nine were just waking up.

"Where did you two wonder off to?" Sophocles asked.

"Would you guys believe that we just saw a legendary Pokémon?" Sora asked.

The Alolan nine looked at each other pretty skeptical.

"What do you mean?" Kiawe asked.

Sora didn't answer but he held up the Rainbow Wing and showed it to them.

The Alolan nine gasped at the sight of the majestic feather.

"Is that what I think it is?" Lillie asked surprised.

"Could that be the Rainbow Wing?" Illima asked.

"It is," Sora said.

"Ho-Oh flew above us and this appeared," Kairi said.

"This is the second time this happened to us," Sora said.

"You mean you saw Ho-Oh before?" Mallow questioned.

"It was when we first met," Sora said. "After Pikachu blasted those Pokémon hunters and their flock of Spearow away, Ho-Oh flew above us."

"My grandma would tell me stories about Ho-Oh," Kairi said. "I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it."

None of the Alolan nine could say anything as they looked at the feather in Sora's hand. Sora placed the feather in his pocket as he pulled out his Pokédex to hear what information it has on the legendary bird Pokémon.

Ho-Oh, the Rainbow Pokémon

Type: Fire/Flying

Ho-Oh's feathers glow in seven colors depending on the angle at which they are struck by light. These feathers are said to bring happiness to the bearers. This Pokémon is said to live at the foot of a rainbow.

"You don't know how happy you've made me when I first met Kairi," Sora said in his thoughts. Sora puts his Pokédex away and looked into the sky and got wide-eyed at what he saw. "Guys! Look!"

Sora's friends all looked up and saw the rainbow above them. It was a marvelous sight to see. Mina started drawing the sight. She took out the exact colors of the rainbow above them. Even Pikachu and the other Pokémon were awestruck by the sight. Sora and Kairi figured it had to be the path Ho-Oh was flying.

They all looked at the rainbow with such amazement. Sora had serious doubts that anyone would believe it, but he and Kairi knew. Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine and the Pokémon all knew that none of them will ever forget this incredible sight.

I bet that you weren't expecting this for an ending to a chapter. Well here it is. And I hope that you liked the song I added to Kairi's dream. More will be on the way soon. More Pokémon, more battles, and so on. That'll be it for right now. Until next time.