Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Confessions Of The Heart ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 33: Confessions of the Heart

Later that same day, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued on to make their way to Saffron City for badge number six. Sora just couldn't shake the feeling on his lips. He could have sworn it felt like a kiss on his lips. Kairi was still thinking about the kiss she gave him while he slept. Kairi was worried about how Sora will react when she tells him. Just as they got further they are greated by a young man wearing thick glasses and with a bowl cut haircut.

"You there!" he shouted to the group. "The one with the Pikachu!" Everyone stopped to look at him. "You any good in a battle?"

"Yeah I am," Sora answered.

"Then prove it by battling me!" the young man said grabbing his Pokéball. "Six of mine against six of yours!"

"Alright then!" Sora said accepting his challenge. "Let's get this over with!" Sora got ready for a battle.

"Before we start," the young man said. "I'll let you know that my name is Louie the Great!" He gave off a loud scream feeling confident. He threw his Pokéball. "Chansey! Enter battle!" The Pokéball unleashes a Chansey.

"Chansey!" The egg Pokémon chirped.

Sora pulled out his Pokédex and scanned the opposing Chansey.

Chansey, the Egg Pokémon

The evolved from of Hapiny

Type: Normal

Chansey lays nutritionally excellent eggs on an everyday basis. The eggs are so delicious, they are easily and eagerly devoured by even those people who have lost their appetite.

"Definitely not any of the Nurse Joy's Chansey," Sora said in his thoughts. "But there's no challenge too big for me!" Sora pulled out the Safari Ball and threw it. "Trumbeak! Go!" The Safari Ball unleashes Trumbeak as he flew in the air.

"Okay Chansey! Start things up with a Double Slap!" Louie ordered.

"Chansey!" Chansey chirped.

Chansey ran towards Trumbeak ready to smack Trumbeak hard.

"Trumbeak! Use Peck!" Trumbeak pecks at Chansey, driving the egg Pokémon back. "Now use Flame Charge!" Trumbeak charges at Chansey covered in flames. Chansey is hit pretty hard.

"Fight back with Egg Bomb!" Louie ordered. Chansey fires egg-like projectiles at Trumbeak. Trumbeak tries to dodge the move, but there too many eggs and they came too fast. Louie knew Trumbeak was on the ropes now. "Ice Beam!" Chansey hits Trumbeak hard as he fell to the ground hard. Trumbeak was knocked out. Sora pulled out his Safari Ball.

"Come back, Trumbeak!" Sora said. He pulled out a regular Pokéball and threw it. "Charmander! Go!" The Pokéball lets out Charmander ready for battle.

"Char, Char," Charmander said.

Louie holds up Chansey's Pokéball.

"Return Chansey!" Louie said calling back Chansey and pulls out another Pokéball. "Alright Raticate! Go!" The Pokéball unleashes a Raticate. Sora remembered battling Cassidy's Raticate back at the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. Sora pulled out his Pokédex and scanned Raticate.

Raticate, the Mouse Pokémon

The evolved form of Rattata

Type: Normal

Raticate's sturdy fangs grow steadily. To keep them ground down, it gnaws on rocks and logs. It may even chew on the walls of houses.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and starts the battle.

"Okay Charmander! Start up with Flamethrower!" Sora ordered.

Charmander fires his Flamethrower attack at Raticate. Raticate tried to dodge, butbthe attack came too quick.

"Raticate! Use your Water Gun attack!" Louie ordered. Raticate fired Water Gun at Charmander hard.

"Fight back with Fire Fang!" Sora ordered. Charmander leapt towards the mouse Pokémon landing a powerful strike. Raticate fell to the ground knocked out. Louie called Raticate back and pulled out another Pokéball and threw it.

"Growlithe! Go!" Louie threw the Pokéball letting out his Growlithe. "You use your Fire Fang!" Growlithe obeyed by running towards Charmander.

"Dodge that and use Dragon Claw!" Sora said as Charmander barely moves taking the attack on the arm. Charmander swipes at Growlithe hitting the puppy Pokémon hard.

"Your Charmander is tough," Louie said. "But it won't stop my Growlithe! Flamethrower!" Growlithe obeyed by firing Flamethrower.

"Counter it with Flamethrower!" Sora called out. Charmander fired his Flamethrower.

Kairi was at the edge of her seat watching the moves collide.

"Come on, Charmander," Kairi said tn a whisper.

Growlithe pushes hard to push back Charmander's attack; Charmander did the same thing. But Growlithe gave one power throw of Flamethrower cancelling out Charmander's attack. Charmander fell to the ground knocked out.

"Return Charmander," Sora said calling back Charmander. He pulls out another Pokéball and throws it. "Squirtle! Go!" The Pokéball lets out his Squirtle. Louie saw this coming.

"Return Growlithe," Louie said calling back his Growlithe. "I figured that you would try something like this. But let's see how you fair against this one." Louie pulled out a Great Ball and threw it. "Pinsir! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a Pinsir, but this Pinsir dark blue and the pincers are yellowish green. Stars swirls around Pinsir as it enters battle.

Kairi and the Alolan nine were surprised by the sight.

"A Shiny Pinsir!" Lillie gasped.

"So amazing!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"Your Pinsir dosen't scare me!" Sora said. "Squirtle! Aqua Tail!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle said swiinging his tail covered with water.

"Block that with Protect!" Louie ordered. Pinsir formed a protective barrier. Squirtle's attack bounced off. "Now use Vice Grip!" Pinsir took Squirtle in by the pincers. "Storm Throw!" Pinsir obeyed by giving Squirtle a powerful throw. Squirtle was about to hit an incoming tree.

"Squirtle!" Sora shouted out. "Water Gun on the tree!" Squirtle fired his Water Gun on the tree slowing him down. Squirtle then started to increase power sending Squirtle back. "Now use Skull Bash!" Squirtle obeyed, but instead of Skull Bash, the attack turned into Aqua Jet. Squirtle used the new attack and hurled right at the different colored Pinsir. The stag beetle Pokémon was knocked out. Louie called Pinsir back.

"You did great, Pinsir," Louie said. "You should rest up." He put the Great Ball away and pulled out a Pokéball. "You did good," Louie said. "But let's see how you handle my next one! Fearow! I choose you!" The Pokéball opens letting out a Fearow.

Sora calls Squirtle back and throws another Pokéball.

"Okay Pidgeotto! Let's go!" Pidgeotto isblet out as he enters battle. "Okay Pidgeotto! Wing Attack!" Pidgeotto charges at Fearow with his wings out to strike at Fearow.

"You use Drill Peck!" Louie ordered. Fearow spins its body at Pidgeotto ready to strike.

"Dodge and use Gust!" Pidgeotto dodges the attack and flaps his wings rapidly. "Now use Aerial Ace!" Pidgeotto strikes Fearow with a good hard Aerial Ace bringing the larger bird Pokémon down. But Fearow manages to get back in the air.

"Fire your Hyper Beam attack!" Fearow obeys when it fired Hyper Beam hitting Pidgeotto. Sora called Pidgeotto back and he threw another Pokéball.

"Okay Dartrix! Let's go!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out Dartrix. "Use Peck!" Dartrix charged at Fearow and hitting the bird Pokémon good. Fearow couldn't attack because of Hyper Beam. "Now use Tackle!" Dartrix moved in hitting Fearoe dead on. "Razor Leaf!" Dartrix fired Razor Leaf right at Fearow sending it down to the ground. Louie called Fearow back and took one last Pokéball.

"Okay! Raichu! Let's go!" Louie said throwing his Pokéball.

"Rai!" Raichu shouted as it entered the battle. Sora remembered Lt. Surge's Raichu and how tough he was. And how he turned the match around at the rematch. But this Raichu was different.

"Thunder Punch!" Louie called out.

"Raichu!" Raichu jumped in the air and delivered a devastating punch to Dartrix. Dartrix fell to the ground knocked out.

"Come back, Dartrix," Sora said calling Dartrix back. He looked to Pikachu at his side. "You ready, Pikachu?"

"Pika!" Pikachu said.

"Then go!" Sora said as Pikachu entered the battle.

"This takes me back," Kairi said.

The Alolan nine all look at her.

"What do you mean?" Sophocles asked.

"Remember when I told you that the Gym Leader at Vermillion City has a Raichu?" Kairi asked.

"Yeah," Sophocles nodded.

"Well Sora and Pikachu battled against a Raichu and lost the first time," Kairi remembered. "But I noticed how Raichu didn't learn everything he needed to know after evolving. And I doubt this guy made that mistake."

The Alolan nine looked at the final round to start.

"Okay Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Sora ordered.

"Pika, Pika, Pika," Pikachu said charging at Raichu.

"You use Quick Attack, too!" Louie said as Raichu used its attack to match Pikachu's speed.

Both attacks collided sending them both back.

"Iron Tail!" Sora called as Pikachu swung his tail glowing metallicly.

"Block that with Thunder Punch!" Louie ordered.

"Raichu!" Raichu said as it uses its electrifying punch to block Pikachu.

"Electro Ball!" Sora ordered as Pikachu swung his tail and sent the Electro Ball at Raichu.

"You use Electro Ball, too!" Louie ordered.

"Raichu!" Raichu fired Electro Ball in the same fashion as Pikachu. Both of their attacks collides before exploding.

"THUNDERBOLT!" Sora and Louie called out.

"Pika!/Rai!" Pikachu and Raichu fired their Thunderbolt attacks towards each other. Both did get hit, but they let out too much juice as they both fell to the ground totally drained of power.

"Pikachu!" Sora called out running to Pikachu.

"Raichu!" also called out running to his Raichu.

They helped their Pokémon up decided to call it a draw.

"You did great, Sora," Louie said shaking his hand.

"You too, Louie," Sora also said.

"Got to hand it to you, your Pikachu gave it what it had," Louie complemented.

"So did your Raichu," Sora said smiling.

Pikachu and Raichu were shaking hands as well to a good battle.

With the battle over and done with, they continued on with their journey. At least there was a Pokémon Center stationed at the area, since Sora had to let his Pokémon heal up after that battle.

Once they were healed, Sora and Pikachu decided to pick some berries growing in the area. Those were Oran Berries growing outside.

"Pika!" Pikachu said holding one up.

"Good job, Pikachu," Sora said taking the berry from his paw. "Just a few more and we'll be set. Sora and Pikachu kept picking berries when they heard rustling in the bushes. They both turned to see a small yellow rodent-like Pokémon. It looked like a Pikachu, but smaller. It had diamond-shaped ears on the top of their head, with the edges being black and the interior yellow. Underneath their head is a black pattern, that somewhat resembles a collar. And it had a black tail and it was shaped like a small lightning bolt. "A Pichu." Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the Pichu.

Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokémon

Type: Electric

When Pichu plays with others, it may short out electricity with another Pichu, creating a shower of sparks. In that event, this Pokémon will begin crying, startled by the flash of sparks.

"Makes me wish Kairi was here," Sora said. "She would fuss over how cute it is."

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

Pichu stared at Pikachu for moment. Sora bent down to Pikachu.

"Why don't you say hello," Sora said. "You were a Pichu once. And you two are practically family."

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

"Try a peace offering," Sora suggested handing Pikachu an Oran Berry.

"Pika," Pikachu nodded as he took the berry from his trainer's hand. Pikachu slowly approached the Pichu not wanting to scare Pichu away. Pikachu held out the berry to Pichu. The little mouse Pokémon sniffed the berry and took the berry. Pichu started to blush. As Sora looked at the Pichu he starts grinning slyly.

"I take it this Pichu is a girl," Sora said to himself. "And she has a crush on Pikachu."

Pikachu was pretty confused by Pichu's blush. Suddenly, a girl wearing a red cap and a white shirt with red short sleeves and half a Pokéball imprinted on the center. She also wore blue jeans. She also has short red hair.

"Pichu! I told you not to wonder off like that," the girl scolded. "Sorry about my Pichu. She tends to wonder from me."

"That's okay," Sora said. "At least your Pichu didn't get lost."

She looks at her Pichu blushing just being near Sora's Pikachu. She chuckled a bit.

"Are you having another one of your Pika crushes?" the girl asked her Pichu turning away.

"Pika crushes?" Sora asked confused. "You mean my Pikachu isn't her first crush?"

"Pichu is like that whenever she meets a Pikachu," the girl explained. "I'm sorry that I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Samantha."

"Sora," He introduced himself.

"Good to meet you, Sora," Samantha said. "Nice name though."

"Thanks," Sora said. "I'd like to stay and chat, but I have to rejoin my friends."

"It's cool," Samantha said. "But I would like to have a battle with you later. If that's okay with you."

"Sure thing," Sora said. "I'll hold you to that."

Sora and Samantha shook on it as they promised each other a battle. Sora stepped inside the Pokémon Center sat down on a bench Sora took out his Pokédex and accessed his Pokémon app and exchanged Dartrix and Trumbeak for Bulbasaur and Popplio. Sora was still obsessing over the feeling on his lips. He didn't want to confront Kairi about it out of fear of her taking it the wrong way. But he had to tell someone. And he knew exactly who to turn to.

Over to Kairi, she laid in the room that she and the other girls were sharing. Her heart was beating faster thinking about the kiss she planted on him in his sleep. Lillie, Lana, Mallow, Mina, Acerola, and Hapu came in. All of them were concerned for their friend.

"Kairi, are you still in here?" Hapu spoke up.

"Hi girls," Kairi greeted.

"You've been acting weird all day," Acerola pointed out. "And not the kind that I'm used to."

"I-it's nothing," Kairi lied.

None of the girls were buying it. Lillie went up to her. Lillie took her by the hands.

"Kairi, it's okay," Lillie said kindly. "Just tell us what's bothering you. You'll feel better when you get it off your chest."

Kairi looked at Lillie. Kairi looked at her as well as the other girls. She couldn't hide it anymore. She had to tell them.

"Okay, if have to know," Kairi said taking a deep breath. Her heart was beating like crazy and she's blushing up a storm. "I..." Kairi paused before taking another deep breath. "...kissed Sora on the lips while he was sleeping." Her face turned even redder when she said that. She looked at her friends and saw their faces as they were all surprised to hear that.

"You kissed him on the lips while he was sleeping?" Lana asked as Kairi nodded.

"And how many kisses does that make?" Mallow asked slyly.

"One," Kairi simply said.

"ONE?!" the Alolan girls exclaimed.

Kairi just nodded as she kept blushing.

The girls all looked among themselves and then back at her.

"Don't tell me it was your very first kiss," Acerola said.

"It was," Kairi said.

"You mean to tell me you never kissed anybody on the lips before?" Lana asked.

"No," Kairi simply said.

"Not even once?" Mina finally asked.

"No," Kairi repeated. "I don't know why I feel so awkward whenever someone would ask if we were a couple, and I would get jealous whenever there other girls who would come on to him. I even got jealous when that Giselle girl came on to him." Her friends all looked at her as they knew it was true. "So I'm going to say it openly to you. I love Sora! I've loved him ever since the day we met; when he saved me from those two hunters. But I don't know if he loves me back!"

Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu went up to her and gave Kairi a big hug around her.

"You'll never know unless you tell him," Lana said.

"Lana's right," Mallow agreed. "You should tell Sora your feelings."

"You shouldn't let your fears stop you from admitting the feelings in your heart," Acerola added.

"Love is like paint," Mina said. "The color of love will make a beautiful painting."

"And if he doesn't feel that way, just know that we will be there for you," Hapu said.

"But if he does, just know that he will be there for you," Lillie said. "And we all think he does."

Kairi hugged her friends back feeling better about coming clean with her feelings.

Over to Sora he and Pikachu found the guys in the room he was sharing with the boys. Pikachu jumps off of Sora's shoulders and on the lower bed.

"Hey Sora!" Kiawe said. "Got what you were looking for?"

"Sure did," Sora said showing them the Oran Berries.

"That's great," Sophocles said taking one.

"But there's something I think you guys should hear," Sora said. The guys all looked him interested in what he had to say.

"What?" Kiawe asked.

"Well, I'm going to start off with a question," Sora said. "Have any of you guys been kissed while you were sleeping? And I don't mean by your moms!"

Kiawe, Illima, and Sophocles all shifted their eyes as they all understood what he meant; Kiawe and Illima mostly.

"Perhaps you should explain it to us," Illima said.

"Well," Sora gulped. "I don't know how to put it, to be honest. But I felt like that I was kissed on the lips last night."

All the guys all looked at each other and nodded.

"And I suspect it was Kairi who did the deed," Illima said. "I mean Lana, Mallow, Acerola, Mina, and Lillie are likely suspects; but Kairi is the very most likely."

"You know what, Illima?" Sora stated. "You're right. It's just a feeling that I have. But I'm not really a hundred percent sure that it was her."

"It might not have been a kiss," Kiawe stated. "Maybe you might have dreamed it. Feelings can manifest themselves into your dreams. And that's Acerola's department."

"And you could be right too, Kiawe," Sora said. "But..."

"Look Sora, it's very obvious that you like Kairi a lot," Sophocles said. "We all saw the signs. Remember when you two held each other in Gringey City when Magnemite first showed up? And what about when you danced with her at Johnny and Belle's wedding? And when your cousin asked if you two were a couple? And how jealous you got when that Gary guy was coming on to her? And in all the times that you would make those goofy faces when you eat whatever she cooks? And how when you accused Kiawe of touching her boo-" Kiawe holds his mouth shut.

"Okay Sophocles! We all get the idea!" Kiawe snapped not wanting to remember the accusation he recieved along with a punch in the face. "Just tell us how you feel and we promise we won't tease you about it anymore."

"Kiawe and I have our words; but I won't speak for Sophocles," Illima said as Sophocles puffed his cheeks glaring at the Normal Type trainer.

Sora took a deep breath and had to admit his feelings for Kairi.

"The only person I told my feelings was my aunt," Sora admitted. "So I'm going to tell you guys now." Sora took a pretty big gulp and started to let off a little sweat. "I love her." Sora had finally admitted it to his friends. "But I don't know if she feels that way towards me."

Illima walked up to him and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"I think she does," Illima said. Sora looked up to Illima and saw how serious he is. "It's pretty obvious that she does. Mina could paint a painting of love. Just remember you saved her life on that fateful day. You risked your life to keep her and Pikachu safe from harm. Feelings like that can go two ways. I won't force you to admit your love for Kairi directly to her, because it will be insulting to both you and her. Just do when you feel it's right."

Sora looked at his friend letting it all sink in. Sora nodded as he understood what he was talking about. The boys rejoined the girls as they all stepped outside and found Samantha waiting for him.

"Took you long enough," Samantha said. "I was starting to think that you weren't gonna show."

"I never turn down a challenge," Sora said. "I'm ready to battle when you are!"

"That's what I wanted to hear! Let's make this a three on three battle," Samantha said.

"You got it!" Sora accepted.

"Looks like another battle going on," Mallow said as she giggled.

"This should be fun to watch," Sophocles said as Mina nodded.

Both Sora and Samantha got into positions as the battle was about to start. Samantha made the first choice. She took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Tentacool! Go!" As she threw the Pokéball, it unleashes a blue jellyfish-like Pokémon with ruby red cores on the head and and a smaller one in the forehead. It also has two tentacles. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the jellyfish Pokémon.

Tentacool, the Jellyfish Pokémon

Type: Water/Poison

Tentacool's body is largely composed of water. If it is removed from the sea, it dries up like parchment. If this Pokémon happens to become dehydrated, put it back into the sea.

A Tentacool," Sora said to himself. He looks over at Pikachu. "You ready, Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said raising his paw.

"Go for it!" Sora said as Pikachu went into battle.

"So you're using your Pikachu," Samantha scoffed. Pichu watched as she sat on her shoulder. "My Tentacool can handle any Electric Type."

"I don't doubt it," Sora said. "Pikachu! Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shouted as he fired his Thunderbolt at Tentacool.

"Dodge it!" Samantha ordered as Tentacool jumped out of the way in time. "Fire your Poison Sting!" Tentacool fired a barrage of Poison Sting at Pikachu.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out. Pikachu moved out of the way of the Poison Type attack. "Electro Ball!" Pikachu fired Electro Ball right at the Tentacool hitting its mark. Tentacool was sent flying, but it wasn't licked yet. "That's one tough jellyfish."

"Tentacool, you use your Water Pulse!" Tentacool formed a giant ball of water and hurled it right at Pikachu.

"Block that with Electro Ball!" Sora ordered. Pikachu obeyed by firing Electro Ball at the ball of water causing it to explode on contact. But that's when Tentacool jumped up. Sora and Pikachu gasped at the sight.

"Now you use Bubble Beam!" Samantha ordered as Tentacool fired bubbles right at Pikachu, not giving him a chance to dodge it.

"Pikachu! Use your Quick Attack!" Sora called out. Pikachu used the speed attack to hit the jellyfish Pokémon on the mark. Tentacool was sent back. But suddenly, Tentacool was starting to evolve. Tentacool grew bigger and formed more tentacles. And it now has two beak-like parts at the bottom. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine got wide-eyed at the sight.

"It evolved!" Lana exclaimed. "It's now a Tentacruel!"

"I did not see that coming!" Kiawe shared her shock.

Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the newly evolved Pokémon.

Tentacruel, the Jellyfish Pokémon

The evolved form of Tentacool

Type: Water/Poison

Tentacruel has large red orbs on its head. The orbs glow before lashing the vicinity with a harsh ultrasonic blast. This Pokémon's outburst creates rough waves around it.

"I would hate to be a fish in the ocean," Sora said to himself. "Especially when Tentacruel are around." Sora puts his Pokédex away and smirked. "But it's still going down!" Sora clinched his fist. "Like they say, the bigger they are! The harder they fall! Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu responded.

Kairi looked upon both of Sora and Pikachu As she smiled for the two of them.

"Go for it Sora!" Kairi cheered. Sora turned and nodded as he nodded to her. That gave him the motivation to win the battle.

Sora turned back to Samantha and her Tentacruel.

"Okay, Pikachu! Go! Quick Attack!" Sora called out to Pikachu as he ran towards the jellyfish Pokémon and hitting it. Sora quickly noticed that Tentacruel was moving slowly after evolving. "Maybe Tentacruel is much faster in the water than it is on dry land," Sora said in his thoughts. "Pikachu! Get on Tentacruel's face!"

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded as Pikachu got onto the large jellyfish Pokémon's face.

"Tentacruel! Shake it off!" Samantha called out. Tentacruel tried to shake off Pikachu, but he just held on.

Sora grinned as Tentacruel tried to shake off Pikachu. "Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shocked Tentacruel taking serious damage. Pikachu jumps off as Tentacruel fell to the ground totally beaten.

"Tentacruel, return," Samantha said calling Tentacruel back. "You battled good. You deserve a good long rest." She puts the Pokéball away and pulls out another one. "Alright Butterfree! Go!" Samantha threw her Pokéball as it lets out a Butterfree. This Butterfree had a purple marking on the bottom wings.

Sora figured that this Butterfree is female since his is male; he would have stuck with Pikachu, but he decided to make a switch.

"Okay Pikachu, you've battled enough!" Sora called to Pikachu.

"Pika," Pikachu ran back to Sora as he readied a Pokéball.

"Okay Charmander! Go!" Sora said as threw his Pokéball. The Pokéball opens as Charmander enters the battle in a blazing entrance.

"Charmander!"

The Alolan nine noticed how well Sora was battling.

"Anyone notice on how well Sora is battling just now?" Lana asked.

"I've seen him fired up before," Kiawe said. "But his flames are burning even more hotter and even more passionately than usual."

"And I think we all know why," Illima said as he, Kiawe, and Lana looked at Kairi. Illima figured it was about how he shared his feelings with him, Kiawe, and Sophocles earlier. But instead of being a nervous wreck, he's coming out fighting more so than usual.

"Ladies first," Sora said to Samantha.

"Trying to be a gentleman are you?" Samantha taunted. "That won't work on me! Butterfree! You use Bug Buzz!" Samantha's Butterfree vibrates her wings at a rapid pace creating a strong sound wave.

"Charmander! Jump out the way!" Sora called out to Charmander. Charmander jumps put of the way as the attack missed its mark. "Use Flamethrower!"

"CHAR!" Charmander fires a powerful Flamethrower attack hitting the opposing Butterfree. Samantha's Butterfree was taken out with just one hit.

"Butterfree!" Samantha gasped. She called her Butterfree back. She was starting to get pissed off. She pulled out one more Pokéball and threw it in the air. "Okay! Ninetales! Go!" Samantha shouted. Her Ninetales entered the battle ready to end it quickly.

"Come on back, Charmander," Sora said calling back the lizard Pokémon. He puts Charmander's Pokéball away and pulls out one more. "Let's go, Popplio!" Sora throws the Pokéball as Popplio enters the battle blowing a series of bubbles.

"Ninetales! Confuse Ray!" Samantha ordered as Ninetales fired a white ball of light from its mouth and sends towards Popplio.

"Block it with Bubble Beam!" Sora called out as she fired her attack cancelling the attack. The bubbles hits Ninetales dead on.

"Use your Flamethrower and combine it with Extrasensory!" Samantha ordered as the fox Pokémon fired its Flamethrower attack and used the Psychic Type Attack to manipulate the move. The combo of Flamethrower and Extrasensory created a fiery snake construct and sends it towards the sea lion Pokémon. Sora wasn't backing away from that.

"Two can play at the combo game!" Sora said getting an idea. "Popplio! Fire your Bubble Beam again! And follow it with Ice Beam!" Popplio fired Bubble Beam into the air surrounding the fire snake. Kairi and the Alolan nine couldn't figure out what he was trying to pull off. Even Samantha was surprised by this. Popplio jumped in the air and fired Ice Beam all around hitting every single bubble turning into ice balls. The frozen bubbles falls all and dissolves the fire contruct catching Ninetales off guard. "Now use Aqua Jet!" Popplio launched herself at Ninetales hitting her on the mark. Ninetales wasn't done yet.

"That was a good move!" Samantha said. "But my Ninetales isn't done yet! Ninetales! Inferno!"

Ninetales's eyes glows as it unleashed a bluish purple flame from its mouth and sends it towards Popplio. Kairi just covered her eyes as the Alolan nine all knew how powerful the attack is. Sora wasn't worried about how strong the attack is, but he had another idea.

"Disarming Voice!" Sora ordered as Popplio lets out purplish pink heart-shaped sound waves cancelling out Ninetales's Inferno. The attack hits the fox Pokémon sending it back. "Now one more Aqua Jet!" Popplio launches towards Ninetales like a torpedo. The attack hits Ninetales knocking it out.

"He did it!" Lillie cheered. Kairi uncovered her eyes and saw that Popplio was still okay.

"He did it," Kairi repeated. She was so very proud of how Sora had won. Samantha was at a total loss of words as she fell to her knees.

"I lost," Samantha whispered to herself. Pichu nuzzled her trainer.

"Pichu, Pichu," Pichu chirped as Samantha looked at her faithful Pichu. She smiled.

"You're right, Pichu," Samantha said. "I gave it what I had." Samantha walked up to Sora and shook his hand. "Congrats Sora. You gave it your all. You're a real tough trainer, Sora."

"You too, Samantha," Sora complemented back at her. Samantha and her Pichu had left as they waved at him and Pikachu. As the group traveled through the woods, they made a stop at a pizza parlor and had a pizza dinner all on Lillie. After they ate, they made their way into the woods and stopped for the night.

Sora sat at a log and he took out the Rainbow Wing and looked at it and that's when Kairi joined him. Sora took notice of her and smiled.

"Hey Kairi," Sora greeted. "Something on your mind?"

"Just thought maybe I'd sit with you," Kairi said. "You don't mind, do you?"

"I don't mind," Sora said. "Have a seat." Kairi obliges him sitting on the log next to him.

"You know, I was pretty impressed by the way you battled today," Kairi said.

Sora chuckled, "I impressed even myself. Pikachu, Charmander, and Popplio handled it like it was no problem. More so than usual."

"I know," Kairi said. "You gotten so good after such a short time."

"Yeah," Sora agreed. Sora looked at her and remembered the talk he had with Illima, Kiawe, and Sophocles; he especially remembered the pep talk Illima had about telling her. Sora took a deep breath and spoke up. "Hey Kairi."

"Yes Sora?" Kairi turned to him. Sora was beginning to have second thoughts about it.

"N-n-nothing. Nevermind," Sora turned away blushing. "I can't do it," he said in his thoughts.

"Don't bring it up and then drop it," Kairi said. "Just tell me what's on your mind and I'll listen."

Sora turned to Kairi and looked into her blue eyes. He couldn't lie about his feelings anymore. He had to take a stab at it, but he lost the nerve completely. Before he could take off Kairi grabbed his hand and he turned to her.

"Kairi?" Sora spoke.

"There's something I want to share with you too, Sora," Kairi admitted. Kairi looked up to Sora and blushed. "From the day that we met; when you saved my life that day. I always wanted to be with you."

"But you are with me," Sora said. "We've been traveling together since that day."

"I know," Kairi said. "But there's something a whole lot more than that. Something I want to say to you, but I don't know how you will react. But I want you to know right now." Kairi took a moment to take a deep breath and her heart was beating faster and faster. "I love you."

Sora got wide-eyed when he she finally said it to him.

"Can you repeat that?" Sora asked wanting to make sure that he didn't mishear her.

"I love you, Sora," Kairi admitted. "I've been in love with you from the day when you saved my life from those awful hunters. From the day we met. I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and soul."

Kairi looked at Sora as he just stared at her letting it sink in. Sora had to let it out.

"That's what I was going to tell you," Sora admitted to her. "What I was going to say was I love you too, Kairi. You are the most beautiful girl in the world to me. You've been good to me. I always loved how you would gush over how cute a Pokémon was, and that is cute. I want you to know it and I don't care who knows it; I love you more than anything in the world."

Kairi was incredibly moved by Sora's confession of love he had for her. Kairi started to cry in happiness as she hugged him tight. Sora hugged her back. She cried for a moment before the two lovebirds kissed each other with so much passion. They were lost in their kiss as they didn't notice Lillie walking up with Snowy and stops as she and the Alolan Vulpix began blushing at the sight.

Pikachu saw Lillie and Snowy and went up to see for himself. Not too long, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Pidgeotto, and Popplio joined in when they saw their trainer and Kairi kissing. Lillie and Snowy quickly turns and walks away while Sora's Pokémon continued to watch.

Sora and Kairi broke the kiss and stared into each other for a moment.

"That's the second kiss I have ever had," Kairi said.

"Second kiss?" Sora questioned.

"The first one was from last night," Kairi admitted. That struck Sora like a cord. He knew he didn't dream it after all.

"And I slept through it?" Sora playfully pouted. Kairi giggled along with Sora as he took her in his arms again. "Well at least I was awake for the second. Shall we go for thirds?"

"Of course," Kairi answered as they kissed again. Their kiss was even more passionate than the last kiss.

"Pika Pi," Pikachu sweetly said as Sora and Kairi stopped kissing. The now to be couple turned and saw Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Popplio looking at them sweetly.

"You guys been there long?" Sora questioned. His Pikachu and the other Pokémon all nodded. Sora and Kairi smiled and gestured them to come over. Pikachu and the other Pokémon went towards Sora and Kairi joining the couple. The Alolan nine had already drifted into sleep as Sora and Kairi kissed each other goodnight. Sora and Kairi fell asleep as they drifted off to dreamland.

Meanwhile, in a Pokémon Center further away, Gary was going over his strategy for his next Gym battle. But there were some doodles of Gary and Kairi written on several pieces of paper. And one with "Gary x Kairi 4ever!" in a giant heart.

Well this is something. Sora and Kairi are now a couple; about time, right? Well let's hope the happy couple the best of luck, and how will Gary react to Sora and Kairi being together? More to come for the story.