Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Ditto's Mysterious Mansion ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 36: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion

A couple of days have passed since witnessing the Sapphire Steelix and helping the young artist Mateo and his little sister Marissa get his spark back. The group walked down the road as the day was sunny and bright, or was it? It started to rain.

"Pika?" Pikachu questioned.

"A storm?" Sora questioned.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were caught in the rain and they desperately to get out of the rain.

"This is just great! We're caught in a rain and we lost our raincoats!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"And where the hell are we gonna go? We're in the middle of nowhere!" Kiawe also exclaimed.

The group kept running until Kairi spotted an old house.

"Guys! Look!" Kairi said making everyone stop.

"What's that?" Lana asked.

"I don't know, but I don't like the look of it," Lillie said.

"We gotta get out of the rain before we all catch a cold!" Sora said as he and Pikachu ran towards the old house.

"Wait for us!" Mallow called out.

Everyone rushed through the doors as Pikachu shook himself dry.

"Hello! Anybody home? Sorry to barge in! We just needed to get out of the rain!" Sora called out through the house. Everyone waited for a response, but none came. "Dosen't look like anybody lives here."

Everyone looked around the room the were in and they eyed an old stage and an old sign that reads "IMITEHOUSE".

"This looks like an old theater," Illima pointed out.

"I wonder what kind of shows they used to put on," Kiawe said.

"Well, as long as nobody is staying here, we might as well stick around until the rain stops," Sora said.

"Good idea," Hapu agreed as Mina nodded.

"Pikachu," a new voice called out.

"Huh?" Everyone turned to see another Pikachu in front of Sora's Pikachu.

"Where did that other Pikachu come from?" Sora questioned.

"It must live here," Lana said.

"That would make sense," Acerola said as he pouted. "I was hoping that it was a ghost."

"What is it with you? Why do you always assume every old place has a ghost lurking around? Even in a place like this?" Sophocles asked.

"I can't help that I'm interested in ghosts," Acerola said looking at her friend.

"Hey look," Kiawe said as Sora's Pikachu and the other Pikachu started to imitate each other's movements.

"Oh so cute!" Kairi said as she went up to the other Pikachu. "Hello there little guy." Kairi picked up the other Pikachu. When she turned the Pikachu around and freaked out when she took a look at its face and dropped it to the ground. Sora and the Alolan nine went up to Kairi.

"What's up with you, Kairi?" Sora asked his girlfriend.

"That Pikachu doesn't look right," Kairi said.

"What do you mean?" Sora asked.

"Just look at it," Kairi said pointing at the Pikachu.

Sora and the Alolan nine all turned to face the other Pikachu and saw its face and winced at what they saw. It had a curved mouth a two tiny dots for eyes.

"What the hell?!" Kiawe exclaimed.

"You weren't kidding," Hapu said.

Lillie tilted her head looking at the Pikachu.

"I don't think that it's really a Pikachu," Lillie said.

"What do you mean it's not a Pikachu?" Sophocles asked. "It looks like one, except for the face! And I'm gonna catch it!" Sophocles took out a Pokéball and threw it to catch it.

"Sophocles! Wait!" Lillie called out.

"Yeah wait a minute!" Sora added when another Pokéball appeared out of nowhere making everyone confused. "Hey! Who threw that?"

"I did," a new voice imitating Sora's voice called out. Everyone turned to see someone who is wearing Sora's exact clothing. His jumpsuit, his gloves, his jacket, and his necklace. And the hair was spiked in a similar fashion, but it was blue.

"Could that be a girl?" Lillie asked.

"What the?" Sora questioned in shock. "Who are you?"

"Why don't you tell me who you are," the girl impersonating him said imitating his voice.

"The name's Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town," Sora introduced himself. "Now it's your turn!"

"I'm Duplica," the girl said still using Sora's voice. She spoke using her regular voice, "Duplica of the House of Imite."

"House of Imite? As in imitate?" Sora asked the girl. "Is that why you're imitating me?"

"That's right," she said in a chuckle.

"You were right, Lillie. It is a girl," Lana said.

"But why was she dressing up like Sora like that?" Sophocles asked.

"That I would like to know," Kairi said sounding jealous. Duplica went over to the other Pikachu.

"Looks like you still didn't get over your old habit," Duplica said. The other Pikachu transformed into a plain pinkish purple blob-like Pokémon. Its face was the same as it was before. Everyone gasped at the sight.

"I knew it. It was just a Ditto," Lillie said.

"Is that it?" Sora questioned taking out his Pokédex and scanned the Ditto.

Ditto, the Transform Pokémon

Type: Normal

Ditto rearranges its cell structure to transform itself into other shapes. However, if it tries to transform itself into something by relying on its memory, this Pokémon manages to get details wrong.

"A Ditto can make itself look like anything," Mallow said.

"But there's something completely off," Lillie said stroking her chin. "When Ditto transformed into Pikachu, it should have changed its face too."

"I agree. When Ditto transformed the face stayed the same," Illima said.

"You both got it right. It still can't change its face," Duplica said sadly.

"Ditto is the only Pokémon currently known to change its appearance," Lillie said.

"Is Ditto the only Pokémon you have?" Kairi asked.

"Sure is. Ditto is one of a kind," Duplica said.

Sora looked at Duplica's Ditto and stroked his chin.

"I kinda wonder how tough a Ditto can be in a battle," Sora said.

"Well, there's only one way to find out," Duplica said smiling. "Why don't you battle me and you can see for yourself."

"Me battle against you?" Sora asked being surprised.

"You did say you wondered how tough Ditto is. So I thought I'd answer your question there, handsome," Duplica said.

"Handsome?!" Sora exclaimed in shock.

Kairi started to grind her teeth as she growled in jealousy.

"Is she hitting on my boyfriend?!" Kairi exclaimed in her thoughts.

Sora and Duplica got on the stage for their battle. Kairi and the Alolan nine were sitting watching the battle about to begin.

"I'll be choosing my Ditto, of course," Duplica stated.

"Fine by me," Sora said getting a Pokéball ready. "Okay Bulbasaur! Get on stage!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting Bulbasaur out.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur shouted entering the stage.

"Go, little Ditto! Transform!" Duplica ordered as Ditto transformed into Bulbasaur. "Normally, it's ladies first, but you're the guest of honor, so you get the first move."

"Sure thing. Bulbasaur, use your Razor Leaf!" Sora oredered pointing at Ditto.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur fired his Razor Leaf attack at the duplicate Bulbasaur.

"Ditto! Vine Whip!" Ditto smacks Bulbasaur's Razor Leaf away. The vines grabs Bulbasaur and throws the Grass Starter right towards Sora. Sora and Bulbasaur go flying as Kairi got up and ran on stage.

"Sora!" Kairi exclaimed running towards Sora and Bulbasaur. She helped him up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Sora wheezed. "That Ditto is tougher than I thought." Kairi helped Sora on his feet. "What about you, Bulbasaur? You okay?"

"Bulba," Bulbasaur also wheezed.

"Bulbasaur seems okay," Kairi said patting Bulbasaur on the head.

"That's good," Sora said. "Why don't you rest up for a while?" Sora pulled out Bulbasaur's Pokéball and calls Bulbasaur back.

"Looks like you got more than you bargained for, handsome," Duplica said in a flirting tone. Kairi's cheeks puffed up. Duplica looks over to Kairi and chuckled. "Are you his girlfriend?"

"Yes I am," Kairi hissed at the girl. "And I will thank you not to flirt with him!"

"Too bad," Duplica sighed. "Because if he were single I would date him. Looks like you beat me to it." Duplica smiled. "Sorry for making you jealous."

Duplica took out her hand to make up. Kairi was skeptical for a moment but she shook her hand as well.

"Apology accepted, I guess," Kairi said shaking her hand. "But how did you get Sora's exact clothing?"

"Why don't I just show you?" Duplica said leading the group to a wardrobe room. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were all amazed by how many costumes there were. "What do you think?"

"I'll have to admit, I am impressed," Illima said.

"But why do you have so many?" Mallow asked.

Duplica went through the wardrobe and switched up to Nurse Joy.

"Don't worry," Duplica said using Nurse Joy's voice. I'll take good of your Pokémon." She went through again and dressed as Officer Jenny. "My name is Jenny and you're under arrest for Pokémon poaching," Duplica said using Officer Jenny's voice. Everyone clapped amazed how she was able to do that.

"Whoa," Sophocles said.

"You are so good," Acerola said. "Do her!" She pointed to Lillie.

"You mean like this?" Duplica switched into Lillie getting her blonde hair exactly right.

Everyone got wide-eyed as they clapped again.

"That's one hell of a performance," Kiawe said.

"Totally," Mina said.

"With all these costumes, I can imitate just about anyone," Duplica went through one time and this time she imitated Kairi. Duplica winked at Sora as he almost jumped. Kairi's cheeks puffed up again as Sora put his arm around her.

"Only the real Kairi is the best for me," Sora said holding her.

"You have to convince me better than that," Kairi said. Sora gladly proved it by kissing her on the cheek.

"Convinced?" Sora asked.

"Very convinced," Kairi smiled as she kissed him back.

The girls of the Alolan nine all were moved by Sora's loyalty to her and only her. Duplica giggled at the sight.

Duplica switched from her imitation of Kairi and switched to her regular clothes which consisted of a red shirt with a gold star and blue jeans tied with a thin white belt. Her hair is tied in pigtails.

"But something that isn't sitting right with me," Sora said. "When I told Bulbasaur to use Razor Leaf, you used Vine Whip. How did you know which attack to use?"

"Well, Ditto can imitate any Pokémon it sees," Duplica said. "So it can also use the same moves the Pokémon Ditto is imitating."

"I gotcha," Sora said scratching the back of his head. "I take it you want to be a Pokémon Master, right?"

"No way," Duplica corrected him. "I just want to become the world's greatest Ditto Master."

"Ditto Master?" Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all asked at once.

"That's right," Duplica said nodding. "And I want to become a big star. But unfortunately, my Ditto's been having some trouble."

"You mean the face thing?" Lana asked making Duplica nod. "Has it always had this problem?"

"Yes it did," Duplica said. "Ever since I was little, I loved to imitate Pokémon. It was loads of fun, and that's the reason I started this imitae house with my Ditto. This is flat out boring, so I thought I would entertain people whenever they came here to rest. That used to happen all the time. The only problem was whenever Ditto would transform, the face would stay the same. I couldn't figure out how to transform the right way. When people come to be entertained, they don't want to see an imperfect transformation. Ditto and I tried so hard to get Ditto to transform properly; but nothing I did would work."

Sora and Kairi looked at Ditto and they could tell how sad it is.

"Must be hard," Sora sympathized as he thought for a moment. "Maybe we should lend a hand to help."

"Sora's right," Kairi said. "Ditto does need help to transform properly. So we'll do what we can to help out."

The Alolan nine all agreed to help out Duplica and her Ditto.

"So how do we start?" Sora questioned.

"Let's start up with some of our Pokémon," Illima suggested.

"Good idea," Sora agreed. "Bewear should be a good start."

"Let's give it a go," Illima pulled out a his Pokéball and let out his Bewear. "Ditto, try to imitate my Beawear as best as you can." Ditto did transform into Bewear, but unfortunately, the face stayed the same. "That didn't work." Illima stroked his chin. He pulled out some photos and help one of a Pokémon that resembles a red panda and a plush toy. Sora could have sworn that it was a minature Bewear. Sora remembered the Pokédex mentioning a Pokémon called a Stufful, so he looked it up in the Pokédex just to be sure.

"Is that what Bewear used to be?" Sora questioned pulling out his Pokédex.

Stufful, the Flailing Pokémon

Type: Normal/Fighting

It boasts power enough to split large trees in half. The organ on its rear releases an odor that it uses to communicate with others of its kind. Stufful also hates to be hugged or touched in any way. It will squirm, thrash, and resist with amazing power.

"Thought so," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "What are you trying to pull?"

"Just watch," Illima said in a wink. "Try transforming into the Pokémon in this photo."

Ditto obliged by doing exactly that as Ditto's face still stayed the same.

"Thought it would happen," Sora sighed.

The rest of the Alolan nine tried their best with their Pokémon, but the results were all the same. When it came down to Kiawe's Marowak, he didn't take it with good humor. Marowak tried to attack the duplicate only for Kiawe to call him back on time.

"Okay, this is way harder than I thought," Sora said as he facepalmed.

"Maybe we need another approach," Acerola suggested.

"Like what?" Sophocles asked.

"Maybe we could try inanimate objects, like a book or something," Acerola said.

"It's worth a shot," Lillie said. Lillie took out a small booklet from her backpack and held it in front of Ditto. "Try this now, Ditto. You can try something like this."

"I don't know if it's going to work," Sora said. "I can bet a million dollars, it's gonna be the same." Ditto obliges Lillie by transforming into the booklet, but the face stayed the same. "Knew it."

Sora thought of something.

"Hey Illima," Sora turned to his friend.

"Yes?" Illima responded.

"Got any photos of other Pokémon with Alola forms?" Sora questioned.

"Of course," Illima answered taking out what Sora had suggested. He took out a few. One was a Rattata, but it was black with a dark cram underside. One was a Grimer, but it's green and has two teeth on the upper part and a yellow lower lip, and what looks like a Meowth but it's dark gray, and the tips on the paws, tail, and feet are a whitish color.

"A Rattata, a Meowth, and a Grimer?" Sora took out his Pokédex. He looked up Rattata and it search results popped up. He noticed that it has two results, so he went to the second entry that read "RATTATA ALOLAN FORM." The image matching the photo popped up.

Rattata Alolan Form, the Mouse Pokémon

Type: Dark/Normal

Rattata and Raticate had boarded ships in search of food and they were accidentally broght to Alola as a result. With its incisors, it gnaws through doors and infiltrates people's homes. Then, with a twitch of its whiskers, it steals whatever food it finds. A massive outbreak of them has become an issue of public concern in Alola.

"Okay, how about Grimer?" Sora did the same with Grimer and he got two results regarding Grimer. He went to the second result find.

Grimer Alolan Form, the Sludge Pokémon

Type: Poison/Dark

Brought to Alola to solve the garbage problem, Grimer seems to relish any and all kinds of trash. There are a hundred or so of them living in Alola's waste-disposal site. They're all hard workers who eat a lot of trash.

"Now that's a real garbage disposal," Sora joked. "Now about Meowth?" Sora did the same on his Pokédex and got the results on Meowth. He went to the second one.

Meowth Alolan Form, the Scratch Cat Pokémon

Type: Dark

This Pokémon was not originally found in Alola. Meowth were brought over to Alola to Alola's royalty as a gift. Human actions caused a surge in their numbers, and they went feral. They're prideful and crafty.

"But they look like they have more manners than a certain Meowth I know," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "Okay Ditto. Try transforming into this Rattata first." Ditto looked at Sora feeling nervous. "Don't worry, you can do it."

"Pika Pika," Pikachu said having faith in Ditto.

Ditto was still nervous and changed into the Alolan Rattata. The face did stay the same, but this time something happened. Sora and Illima could have sworn they saw the face change a bit. Ditto reverted back to its normal form.

"Did you just see what I just see?" Sora whispered.

"I think so," Illima whispered back. "But we better give it another go just to make sure."

"Okay Ditto, now try this Grimer," Sora said pointing to the Alolan Grimer. Ditto did transform into the Alolan Grimer, everyone gasped as Ditto's face did change a bit, but it was still incomplete.

"Whoa!" Everyone exclaimed.

"Did you see that?" Mallow asked.

"Yeah," Mina nodded.

"Ditto's face changed a little," Lana said.

"I knew it!" Sora said. "The problem is Ditto isn't used to transforming a lot." He turned to Duplica and asked her. "Just how long did you have your Ditto?"

"Just a couple of months," Duplica answered. "That's when I started my career in show business. But I had no idea it was because Ditto was getting adjusted to transformations."

"That would make loads of sense," Illima stroked his chin. "It's a theroy I have, but it's possible that Ditto must live where there are no other Pokémon around. But we should try one one time."

"I was about to suggest that anyway," Sora said in agreement. "Now try turning yourself into this Meowth."

Ditto nodded as it did transform again. Ditto took the form of the Alolan Meowth, but this time the results were one-hundred percent perfect. Everyone were amazed how Ditto just got it with a bunch of tries.

"That did it!" Mallow cheered.

"Who would have thought a lack of practice was the problem all the long?" Kiawe questioned.

"I guess I don't know my Ditto as well as I thought," Duplica admitted. "If I had, I would have fixed it in the first place." Duplica turned to Kairi and smiled. "Your boyfriend is smart as he is handsome."

"Maybe," Kairi said as she nodded in agreement. "But how did you know that Ditto wasn't used to transforming?"

Sora looked at his girlfriend and chuckled nervously.

"Well to be completely honest, I didn't. I just guessed it," Sora admitted scratching his head.

Everyone just looked at him all wide-eyed and all exclaimed, "YOU JUST GUESSED IT?!"

"It was just an idea, but I wasn't a hundred percent sure if it was right," Sora explained. "But I guess what they say is true: practice makes perfect. I mean did you expect Spider-Man to get it right the first time?"

Kairi, Duplica, and the Alolan nine all nodded; he did have a point.

"But either way, thank you!" Duplica went up to Sora giving him a big and tight hug. "You have no idea how much this means to me! And now Ditto can be the kind of Pokémon I knew it could be! I don't know how to repay you."

"You're welcome," Sora wheezed. "I can think of one thing you can do."

"Sure anything," Duplica said in gratitude. "How can I do it?"

"You could let me breathe," Sora said while she was still squeezing him.

"Oops. Sorry," Duplica said letting him go. "I got carried away." Duplica turned to Kairi. "Sorry about that, Kairi. I didn't mean anything by it."

"It's okay," Kairi said walking up to her boyfriend and kissing him on the cheek. Sora smiled at that. Sora then kissed Kairi on the lips.

"Hey get a room, you two," Kiawe joked.

With Ditto now being able to transform completely, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine helped out Duplica get ready for their first perfomance since the last time.

Before long, Sora and his friends spread word around about Duplica's show and it wasn't long until many people and Pokémon were gathering from all over. Sora even remembered Pikachu making faces when he was describing Haunter and that gave him an idea for a warm-up act.

Once the theater house was full Sora peeked through the curtains and then turned to his friends as he was wearing a yellow shirt with a big blue bow tie with light blue polka dots all over and green pants.

"Looks like a full house tonight," Sora said.

"I gotta admit, I'm feeling nervous about how this will go," Duplica said as Ditto shared her nervousness.

"You got nothing to worry about," Sora said reassuringly. "You and Ditto will do just fine."

"Sora's right," Kairi said coming up behind her. "Ditto got better transforming completely after some practice. So you shouldn't dwell on it too much."

Duplica felt better and smiled.

"You're right. I've got this in the bag," Duplica said standing up. "And I have you two and your friends to thank for it. I would still be in my little funk if you haven't come along." Duplica looked at her Ditto. "You ready to make a comeback, Ditto?"

"Ditto!" Ditto nodded.

"That's the spirit!" Duplica said beaming. "Now let the show begin!"

Sora turned to Sophocles as he was giving the introduction.

"Okay, Sophocles! We're ready to begin!" Sora called out to him.

"You've got it!" Sophocles said giving a thumbs up. "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! And Pokémon of all Types. Be prepared to witness the greatest thing to hit the stage since the dawn of time! Allow me to introuduce you to Sora and his amazing Pikachu!" And that was Sora and Pikachu's cue to go on.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's good to see an empty house! Oops! I mean a full house!" Sora announced resulting with the audience laughing at the joke. "Okay, okay, settle down. My Pikachu may look like an ordinary Pikachu, but I found out my partner can make faces to look like any Pokémon! Isn't that right Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said nodding.

Murmurs were going on wondering what kind of Pokémon his Pikachu can imitate. Sora raised his hand silencing the audience.

"Just sit back and be amazed at the sight, and for the first time ever and for one night only: The Amazing Pikachu Poké Face Off!" Sora announced.

"The Amazing Pikachu Poké Face Off?" Kiawe asked in a confused tone. "Did he come up with that himself?" Kiawe turned to Mallow and Lana who simply shrugged. Kairi smiled as she watched.

"Go for it, Sora," Kairi said in a whisper.

"Okay Pikachu! Get ready!" Sora said as he was about to give the word. "Pikachu! Do a Haunter!" Pikachu made a face looking like a Haunter. Everyone was in awe as they witnessed the sight. "Now do an Ivysaur!" Pikachu stretched his cheeks looking like an Ivysaur. Pikachu got the ears right and everything. "Okay Pikachu! Try these in the order I mention them! Onix! Raticate! Nidoqueen! Kangaskhan! Gloom! Goldeen! Marill! Clefairy! Wartortle! Meowth! Koffing! Snorlax! Seel! Butterfree! Rockruff!" Pikachu made faces matching the exact Pokémon. The audience applauded as Sora and Pikachu took a bow. "Thank you ladies and jelly beans! And now it's time for the main attraction! Allow me to introduce you to Dupluca and her amazing Ditto!" Sora announced as he and Pikachu took their leave and Duplica and Ditto entered the stage.

"Thank you! Thank you! I hope you all enjoyed that!" Duplica said. "If you think his Pikachu was amazing! Wait until I try hands on my imitation of a Poliwag!" Duplica swapped into a costume of a Poliwag. Everyone roared with laughter as Duplica did the facial expression. "And now my take of Persian." Duplica switched into a Persian costume and did the exact movements of an actual Persian.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine watched on as Duplica had done better than she believed she could do. The doubts she had before were rapidly disappearing. Duplica got even more laughs as she imitated some Pokémon even ones Sora had not even seen before.

"She's doing great!" Lillie said.

"They're really eating it up," Acerola added.

"But the show isn't over yet," Sora said. "She's saving the best for last."

"Thank you, everyone! And now it's time for my amazing Ditto!" Duplica announced. "Won't the Staryu in the front row please come up?" A Staryu obliged by coming up stage. "Okay Ditto! Transform!" Ditto transformed into the Staryu in front of it. "And now it's time to play which is which." Duplica closed her eyes and opened them back up. "Now Staryu and Ditto! Rapid Spin!" Ditto and Staryu used Rapid Spin as they spinned around and around faster and faster. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine along with the audience watched the two Pokémon spin around making everyone nearly dizzy. "And now stop!" Both Pokémon slowed down as they descended back to the stage. Both Pokémon faced the audience as everyone looked at Staryu and the duplicate. No one could tell which is which. "Care to take a guess?" Duplica questioned as everyone started to shout out random gueeses. Duplica looked over to the two Staryu on her left and her right. She touched the Staryu on her left as the Staryu reverted back to Ditto. "Thank you, Staryu! You've been a great sport! And now how about the Charmander on the back row?" A Charmander jumps on the stage. "Okay Ditto, Transform!" Ditto transformed into the Chrmander in front of it as they shift mixing themeselves up. They went faster and faster until both had stopped. "Now can you tell which is which?" Once again, random guesses came. "Let's see here." She touched the Charmander on her right as the Charmander reverted back to Ditto.

The show went on through the course of the night, and everyone loved it. Most of the people and Pokémon took their leave as others had stayed for the night. On the very next morning, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were taking their leave.

"Again, thank you for what you did for me," Duplica said with gratitude.

"It's no big deal," Sora said scratching the back of his head. "We were just happy to lend you a hand when you needed it."

"And I appreciate it," Duplica said smiling. "But there's something I want to give you before you go." Before Sora or anyone else could ask what Duplica went up to Sora and kissed him on the cheek and Kairi got jealous again. And she shook Kairi's hand again before she whispered in her ear. "Just keep being good to him. Don't ever break up with him."

"And that's a promise," Kairi promised as she nodded.

Duplica waved to her new friends as Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine waved her back as they left the House of Imitae. They continued on with their journey and their destination towards Saffron City.