Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Punchy Pokémon ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 38: The Punchy Pokémon

Before we start with this chapter, I would like to announce that there will be special guest appearances from Digimon coming in. And they will all be from Digimon Adventure 01/02, Tamers and Frontier. The first to appear will be the DigiDestined from the Frontier series. And they'll have a Mime Jr. and a Mucnhlax with them. I hope you'll enjoy!

A couple of days had passed since meeting up with Hau and the unforgettable battle he and Sora had shared with each other. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were getting closer towards Saffron City for Sora's very next Gym battle.

"I'm getting closer than ever for my next Gym battle!" Sora said feeling fired up.

"What kind of Pokémon do you planning on using when we get there?" Hapu asked.

"Well, I heard the Gym leader specializes with Psychic Type Pokémon, so the logical thing is to use either Bug or Ghost Types," Illima said stroking his chin.

"I guess Butterfree and Haunter will be my best bet," Sora said putting his hands behind his head.

"Great idea," Kiawe said.

"And there's a town that's pretty close to Saffron City," Lillie said.

"And where there's a town, there's a Pokémon Center," Sora pointed out. "And my Pokémon could use a rest."

They continued on with their journey when Kairi spotted something.

"Hey look at that!" Kairi said grabbing everyone's attention.

They stopped when they spotted six kids and two Pokémon with them.

One of them is a young boy with lightly tanned skin, brown hair and eyes. He wears a yellow T-shirt with a black "D"-like symbol in chest, under a red jacket with a pocket on each side of chest, a dark brown bermuda, light brown gloves, white socks, orange and red sneakers with white soles, and a light brown cap over which he puts his goggles.

Another one of them is a preteen boy with pale skin, shoulder-length black hair which is tied in a low ponytail, and dark blue eyes. He wears a blue jacket with yellow stripes on the sleeves over a yellow T-shirt with a blue neckline and sleeve trimmings, grey pants that end at his ankles, long blue socks, and white sneakers with blue stripes. On his head, he wears a blue bandana with dark grey stripes.

Another is young boy with light skin, short brown hair and green eyes. He wears a mustard-colored shirt under a white V-neck shirt with short sleeves, a dark green collar and dark green trimmings at the sleeves and the bottom. He also wears yellow shorts with two pockets at the front and red suspenders hanging loosely from the sides, orange socks, and white and green snickers. On his head, he wears an oversized orange newsboy cap.

Another happens to be the only girl in the group. She has chest-length blonde hair and green eyes. She wears a mauve cap resembling a beanie with a purple trim and two points that resemble a cat's ears coming out of it. She also wears white and pink shoes and long purple socks. She wears a blue and white striped shirt under a mauve vest and a mauve skirt. Both the skirt and the jacket have white vertical stripes on the sides. Her shirt is cut to expose her navel, and her jacket is also open.

Another is a young, overweight boy with spiky brown hair and eyes. He wears an orange shirt under a blue jumpsuit with yellow pockets, white socks, and blue and yellow sneakers.

And the sixth one is a young boy with pale skin, short black hair that is parted to the sides of his face, and dark blue eyes. He wears a red long-sleeved shirt under a green open button-up shirt with short sleeves, white pants, and green sneakers with yellow streaks. His face is identical to the one wearing the bandana.

One Pokémon that greatly resembles a clown. It has a bright pink body and arms. There is a red circle on its stomach. It's nose resembles a red clown nose. It wears a black crooked hat with a white bulb at the top. The other is Pokémon is slightly larger than the first one and it has a teal-colored body with a cream-colored spot on its chest. Its round head is teal in the top half and cream on the bottom half. It has big, round eyes and large pointy ears. It has five-fingered hands and cream-colored feet with three clawed toes. Sora took out his Pokédex and analyzed the two Pokémon.

Mime Jr., the Mime Pokémon

Type: Psychic/Fairy

It does its absolute best to mimic the movements and expressions of its opponents, but it's still not very good at it. When this gifted mimic surprises an opponent, Mime Jr. feels so happy that it ends up forgetting it was imitating something.

Munchlax, the Big Eater Pokémon

Type: Normal

Stuffing itself with vast amounts of food is its only concern. Whether the food is rotten or fresh, yummy or tasteless—it does not care. It stores food beneath its fur. It might share just one bite, but only if it really trusts you.

"So that's what Snorlax used to be," Sora said smiling at the memory.

"What are they doing?" Lana asked.

"Not sure," Sophocles said.

"We should go up and find out," Sora suggested as everyone nodded in agreement. The group went up to the six kids as they were all looking at something. "Hey there!" Sora called out getting their attention. "What are you all doing?"

"Shh!" the boy with the googles shushed. "If you think that you can muscle on in, you're sadly mistaken. I saw that Hitmonchan first!"

"A Hitmonchan?" Sora and his friends all asked in unison.

"Over there," the chubby boy said pointing at what they're looking at. They all saw a Hitmonchan throwing some jabs. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all gasped at the sight.

"So it is a Hitmonchan," Acerola said.

"What is it doing out here?" Mallow asked.

"Maybe it's training," Hapu said.

"Indeed," Illima said. "It's not unusual to see wild Hitmonchan doing some exercises. They need to be alert at all times."

"Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to go far in life," Lillie added.

"Well, that Hitmonchan is going to be mine!" the boy with the goggles said taking out a Pokéball.

"There he goes again," the boy with the bandana sighed. "Always on the move."

"Always rushing in without a plan," the boy identical to him said.

"Okay Aguni!" the goggled boy said throwing his Pokéball. "Go get it!" the boy lets out a Charmander wearing similar goggles as the trainer. "Okay Aguni, use Fire Punch!" Hitmonchan took notice of this Charmander in front of it. Unknown to anyone, a young woman wearing a a white short sleeve shirt with yellowish orange stripes at the ends and a blue short skirt watching the battle about to begin.

"Charmander," Aguni yelled as it ran towards the Hitmonchan with its claws on fire. Hitmonchan just held its punching glove stopping the Charmander as it tried to get through. "Char!"

"Aguni! Do a Spinning Rocket Punch!" the goggled boy shouted as his Charmander launched itself like a rocket and began spinning like a top. The punch hits the Hitmonchan square on the right side of the face.

"Did you see that?!" Kiawe exclaimed.

"I would believe it if I hadn't seen it," Hapu said as Mina nodded.

"You're not the only one," the blonde girl with the cat ear hat said.

The Charmander cheered as the Hitmonchan stood there rubbing its cheek feeling mighty sore at the punch.

"Well, at least it hit," the little boy with the big hat said.

"But not a pretty hard one," Sophocles said.

"And it looks mad," Mallow said.

"No, no, no!" a new voice in a Brooklyn accent called out. Everyone saw a muscular man with slightly big chin came out and he wore a red towel over his shoulders. It was obvious to everyone that the Hitmonchan belonged to that man. "How many times do I have to tell ya? Never let yer guard down! Keep your gloves up; fighting smart hurts less than fighting stupid!" the man said to Hitmonchan as it nodded. "Now get in there and show that little fire bug who's boss!" Hitmonchan nodded as the goggled boy and his Charmander got wide-eyed as the Hitmonchan darted towards the Charmander. "Let it have it! Comet Punch!" Hitmonchan repeatedly punched the Charmander. Everyone watched on as the Hitmonchan kept punching and punching. "Now give it a Sky Uppercut!" Hitmonchan gave Charmander on last uppercut to the chin and falls to the ground beaten.

"Aguni!" the goggled boy ran up to his fallen Charmander. "You okay, buddy?"

"Char," Aguni responded sadly.

His five friends and the two Pokémon just sighed as Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all looked not sure what to make of it.

"And I declare Hitmonchan to be champion!" the man announced raising his Hitmonchan's right hand in victory. "HOORAH!"

"Aw man, I was sure that it was wild," the goggled boy said as he hung his head in defeat. Sora was feeling pity for him because he saw a bit of himself in that boy at day one.

"Don't worry about it," Sora said patting him on the back. "There's always next time."

The goggled boy looked at Sora as he gave him an assuring look. The man walked up to the two boys.

"Your Charmander has some guts," the man said. "But like the trainer, it's just green. Here's a word of advice for ya. Ya gotta have a plan before ya start fighting. Cause if ya go in without thinking, you're gonna lose." He looked over to Sora. "And what's your name, kid?"

"Sora," he answered.

"Sora, ya thinking of entering the P-1 Grand Prix, yer more than welcome to participate," the man said. "But ya have got to hurry." He looked at his Hitmonchan. "Let's get back to the gym." Hitmonchan nodded as they were a out to take off.

"Daddy, wait!" the young woman said finally coming out of her hiding place. The man recognized her.

"Rebecca? What are ya doing here?" the man asked his daughter.

"Mom and I want you to stop Pokémon training and come home," Rebecca said. "We miss you."

"I'm sorry, Rebecca. But I ain't coming home until I become the champion of the P-1 Grand Prix," Rebecca's father stated. "Come on Hitmonchan! Let's get back to more training!" Hitmonchan nodded as they continued on.

"Oh Daddy," Rebecca said sadly as she took one look at the group and left.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine and the six other kids all watched her leave.

"What was that about?" Acerola asked.

"Search me," Kiawe shrugged.

"And what's the Pokémon P-1 Grand Prix?" Kairi asked. She looked at the six kids. "Do any of you know?"

"You're asking us?" the chubby boy asked. "We're as clueless as you are."

"We were just passing by when we saw that Hitmonchan," the boy with the bandana said.

"And that's where we came in," Sora said. "Anyway, we should introduce ourselves. My name's Sora. And this is Kairi, my girlfriend. And this is my Pikachu."

"Hello," Kairi said smiling.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu said.

"My name's Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"Mine's Lana."

"I'm Kiawe."

"I'm Sophocles."

"My name's Mallow."

"The name's Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"Good to meet you, guys," the boy with the goggles said. "My name's Takuya. And this is my Charmander, Aguni."

"Charmander," Aguni said.

"I'm Koji," the boy with the bandana said.

"I'm Kouichi," the boy identical to Koji said. "And in case you didn't figure it out, I'm his twin brother."

"I'm Tommy," the boy with the big hat introduced himself.

"My name is Zoe," the girl with the cat eared hat introduced herself.

"And my name's JP," the chubby boy finished.

"Munchlax!"

"Mime, Mime, Mime Jr."

"Now that we have the introductions out of the way," Koji said. "Mind telling us what brought you guys here?"

"We were just passing by same as you," Sora said. "We're on our way to Saffron City for my sixth Gym Badge."

"You won Gym Badges?" Tommy asked with his eyes sparkling with stars. "So cool!"

Sora chuckled feeling a little embarrassed as he scratched the back of his head.

"You said sixth," Zoe said. "That means you have five, right?"

"That's right," Sora nodded.

"You guys should have seen those battles," Mallow said. "Sora is pretty good."

"Well, I don't doubt it," Takuya said smiling. "How about you and me have have a battle sometime?"

"I'll hold you to that," Sora said. "But we should head down to the Pokémon Center first."

"Good idea," Takuya said shaking Sora's hand.

"Which one of you do these two belong to?" Kairi asked.

"None of us," Zoe answered. "They were just following us around at first."

"But we got used to them and let them come along with us," JP said.

The seventeen kids and the three Pokémon made their way to the local Pokémon Center as they share some stories about how they all met. Takuya, Koji, Tommy, Zoe, JP, and Kouichi were surprised to hear Kairi being kidnapped by Pokémon hunters. But they were glad that she was okay. Pikachu had hit it off with Mime Jr. and Munchlax as well.

The group entered the Pokémon Center and they had their Pokémon checked in. Sora and his friends had the six join them for lunch when a couple of familiar faces came up from behind Sora.

"I had a feeling that I'd bump into you again at some point," Riku said as he approached Sora from behind. Sora quickly turned and saw Riku, Naminé, and Eevee behind him.

"Riku? Naminé?" Sora exclaimed in surprise.

"Hello Sora," Naminé greeted. "Kairi."

"It's been a while," Kairi said smiling.

"Eevee," Eevee said coming up to Pikachu.

"Pika Pi," Pikachu greeted.

Eevee smiled as he noticed the Mime Jr. and Munchlax with him.

"Who are these two?" - Eevee subtitle.

"Just a couple of new friends." - Pikachu subtitle.

"It's good to meet you, Eevee." - Mime Jr. subtitle.

"What he said." - Munchlax subtitle.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine introduced Riku and Naminé to the six kids as they did the same for them. Sora shared the story of how he won his fifth Gym battle against Koga and earned the Soul Badge, the fact that Sora and Kairi are finally together, and when they bumped into Hau. Riku wasn't surprised to hear that Hau was in Kanto.

"I knew you could do it," Riku said. "Told you not to stop getting stronger."

"So what are you doing here anyway?" Sora asked his friend and rival.

"I just registered for a tournament going on. Called the P-1 Grand Prix," Riku explained.

Sora and Takuya remembered that the man with the Hitmonchan mentioned the P-1 Grand Prix to them. Sora and Kairi went up to the counter of the Pokémon Center to pick up his Pokémon when he bumped into the girl from earlier.

"Isn't that the girl from before?" Kairi whispered to her boyfriend.

"It is," Sora whispered back. "Wonder what she's doing here." Sora and Kairi went to Rebecca as she looks around. "Excuse me, miss." She turned to see Sora and Kairi walk up to her. "Rebecca right?"

"That's right," Rebecca said. "You're two of those kids from earlier."

"What are you doing here?" Sora askes the woman.

"I'm here looking for some Pokémon trainers," Rebecca said. "Anyone who would defeat my father's Hitmonchan."

Sora and Kairi just stared at her for a moment before looking at each other and then back at her.

"What?" Sora and Kairi questioned at once. The couple led Rebecca to the area the kids were occupying as they listened to the reason why they wanted them to beat her dad's Hitmonchan.

"My father has been spending a lot of time on Pokémon training than he had with his family," Rebecca said.

"It must be very hard on you and your mom," Lillie said sympathetically.

"It is," Rebecca said sadly. "He decided to compete into the P-1 Grand Prix, so he's been ignoring his family."

"Isn't that why you want us to beat his Hitmonchan?" Kiawe asked.

"Yes," Rebecca nodded.

"So what's the P-1 Grand Prix, exactly?" Koji asked.

"It's short for 'The Pokémon Number One Grand Prix. It's a tournament to which a trainer is to use one Pokémon each," Rebecca explained. "It caters especially for Fighting Type Pokémon. It's sponsored by the Sylph Co. every year."

"And if we defeat your father's Hitmonchan, he will come to his senses and come home?," Illima questioned.

"Right," Rebecca nodded.

"It's not right to ignore your family just to win a competition," Sora said as he sighed. Sora thought for a moment and decided to help her out. "Okay, Rebecca. I'll do it."

Everyone looked at Sora. Kairi just smiled as she knew he was going to help some random person out of kindness.

"That's so like you, Sora," Kairi said smiling. "Helping out someone in need." Sora blushes at her kind complement.

"I guess if Riku is taking part in that, then so am I," Sora said. "Riku is expecting me to be stronger when I battle him again. And this time, I'm going to win."

"Well, if you're entering, Sora, then so am I," Illima announced.

"You?" Everyone questioned.

"Of course," Illima simply replied. "I plan on entering Bewear in it. And besides, Sora. Don't you have a Fighting Type Pokémon yourself." Sora wondered what he meant by a Fighting Type when he instantly remembered who he was talking about.

"Oh yeah!" Sora said. "My Primeape! Primeape should do the job!" Sora took out his Pokédex and accessed his Pokémon app and exchanged his Growlithe for his Primeape. After a few seconds, the switch became successful. "Now we're set."

Sora and Illima both registered for the P-1 Grand Prix taking place for the next day.

"Okay, now we're both in," Sora said.

"Indeed," Illima agreed. "And since Riku is entering in this tournament as well, I can only imagine one of us battles against him. And if he's entering who I think he's entering."

"What kind of Pokémon you think Riku is gonna enter?" Sora asked his friend.

Illima chuckled as he stroke his chin.

"I'm sorry, Sora," Illima simply said. "I'm afraid I can't tell you."

"Huh? But why not?" Sora asked him.

"It's out of respect for him," Illima said. "But I will say, may the best trainer win, if we battle against each other." Illima took out his hand and Sora gave him a hardy handshake.

"I only ask that you don't pull any punches with me just because we're friends," Sora said shaking Illima's hand.

"I take it that you two are entering the P-1 Grand Prix, too?" A new voice called out. Both trainers turned to see a large muscular man wearing a brown trenchcoat and a black derby, smoking a cigar. Alongside him is a Hitmonlee. "Sorry to eavesdrop, I couldn't but overhear."

"That's exactly right, sir," Illima said. Sora took a look at the Hitmonlee next to him.

"And I'm going to guess that you're entering your Hitmonlee in it," Sora said.

"Sure am, kid," the large man said. "And I just want to say that it's good for two friends to give each other a friendly competition. The name's Giant by the way."

"I'm Sora," Sora introduced.

"And Illima," Illima also introduced.

"Good to know, my fellow competitors," Giant smiled. "Just show me what you two have got tomorrow. Let's go train some, more Hitmonlee." Hitmonlee nodded as Giant and the kicking Pokémon took their leave. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned Giant's Hitmonlee.

Hitmonlee, the Kicking Pokémon

An evolved form of Tyrogue

Type: Fighting

Hitmonlee's legs freely contract and stretch. Using these springlike legs, it bowls over foes with devastating kicks. After battle, it rubs down its legs and loosens the muscles to overcome fatigue.

"Something tells me that is going to get even more intense," Sora said.

On the very next day, a large sum of people have started to show up to witness the competition.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Sylph Co. is proud to present the Pokémon Number One Grand Prix Competition!" the announcer said through the microphone as the crowd roared. Kairi holding Pikachu on her lap along with Rebecca, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Munchlax. Mime Jr., Naminé with Eevee on her lap, and the rest of the Alolan nine were among the crowd. Takuya and Koji accompanied Sora and Illima to the ring. "The contestants of the P-1 Grand Prix is about to enter the ring!" Rebecca's father and his Hitmonchan were the first to enter. "Introducing the number one contender, the punching machine, Hitmonchan and its trainer, Anthony!" Giant and his Hitmonlee were second to enter the ring. "Entering the ring is the kicking fiend Hitmonlee and its trainer, Giant!" Hitmonlee waves as Giant tips his hat tonthe roaring crowd. Riku enters the ring and he has a muscular, bipedal feline Pokémon resembling an anthropomorphic tiger. It is colored mostly red and black, with banded stripes covering its arms, legs, and tail. It has green eyes, five-fingered hands with sharp claws, and a grey-colored torso resembling a sleeveless muscle shirt with black markings. Around its waist is a flaming red, orange, and yellow belt. "For the first time ever! Introducing a newcomer to the P-1 Grand Prix; let's give a smiling Alola to Riku and his fearsome Pokémon: Incineroar!" Incineroar gives off a loud roar as it raises its claws in the air. Kairi along with Rebecca, Kuichi, Zoe, JP and Tommy were completely caught off guard at the sight of this new Pokémon. Mime Jr. and Munchlax ended up being afraid of the Incineroar.

"What is that?!" JP asked shaking in fear.

"It's an Incineroar," Lillie said. "It's a Fire and Dark Type Pokémon."

"So he brought his Incineroar after all," Kiawe said.

"It shouldn't surprise us," Hapu said.

"I thought Eevee was Riku's first Pokémon," Kairi pointed out.

"He is," Lana said.

"But Incineroar is Riku's strongest Pokémon," Acerola said.

"Did you know that he had that thing?" Zoe asked Naminé.

"I did when he battled that one time," Naminé answered. "I have got admit that I was intimidated by its appearance when I first saw it." Naminé held Eevee in her arms as she scratched behind his ear. "The Pokémon Incineroar battled against was a tough one; but he pulled through."

Kairi, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP didn't doubt that since they all can tell how strong that Pokémon is. Sora and Illima entered the ring with Primeape and Bewaer.

"And now, two more Pokémon trainers competing here in their P-1 debut! Please welcome Sora and Illima and their Pokémon, the raging Primeape and the gentle looking but deadly Bewear!" the announcer announced causing the crowd to roar. Takuya and Koji watched from outside the ring. Riku took a look at Sora and smiled.

"I knew you would compete in this whenever I would," Riku said walking up to Sora and Illima along with Incineroar. Sora smiled back. "Just don't hold anything back when you start fighting."

"I was going to say the same about you, Riku," Sora said as he nodded. He took a look at Incineroar and winced at the sight. "I'm guessing that one is yours."

"Incineroar is my strongest Pokémon," Riku said. "And like my Lycanroc, he's not easy to beat."

Sora smiled as he shook Riku's hand.

"Just don't lose before we have our rematch," Sora said.

"The same for you," Riku said.

"You forget that I'm participating too," Illima pointed out.

Takuya and Koji turned to each other and nodded as they both knew it was going to be an interesting battle.

The first battle was about to get started when Sora was pinned against a preteen boy with a Machop. Takuya was standing with Sora as Primeape was in the ring.

"And now, for our first match! Sora and his Primeape vs Willy and his Machop! Machop is really rearing to go! And the same can be said for Sora and Primeape," the announcer said. "Let the match begin!" The ring goes off as the battle starts.

"Machop! Move in with Karate Chop!" Willy calls out as Machop charges at Primeape and chops Primeape good. One last sends Primeape to his corner.

"Get up, Primeape!" Sora said.

"Take that scrawny Machop down!" Takuya added.

"And it looks like that Machop has the advantage from the word go! Machop may be small it packs plenty of power!" The announcer said.

"Use Dual Chop!" Sora called out as Primeape charges at Machop. But the small Pokémon stops the attack with the palm of its hands. Sora and Takuya gasped at the sight. The same can be said for Illima and Koji as they were watching. Kairi and the rest were starting to get worried.

"This looks bad!" Kairi said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"Seismic Toss!" Willy called out to Machop. Machop grabs Primeape by the torso as it jumps in the air and rolls in the air.

"And it looks like Machop stops Primeape's chop, cold! And now Machop now has Primeape is a pretty good hold as it is a out to deliver a devastating Seismic Toss!" the announcer said.

Machop tosses Primeape down on the ring as he rolls back to the corner.

"Primeape!" Sora shouted out. Primeape slowly gets up and looks at Sora. "Are you okay?" Primeape nodded as he snorted. "That's good! I have confidence in you, Primeape! Get in there and give it everything you've got!"

"Yeah! Kick some ass!" Takuya pitched in. Primeape was definitely motivated leered at Machop as he went back tonthe battle.

"Okay Primeape! Stomping Tantrum!" Sora called out as Primeape stomped on the ring making it shake as Machop tried to keep it's balance. "Dual Chop again! And make it count!" Primeape gave a series of chops on Machop.

"Did you see that ladies and gentlemen?! One moment, Machop had the upperhand on Primeape and how its making a stomping comeback!" the announcer said. "That Stomping Tantrum had Machop shaking and followed by Dual Chop! I tell you ladies and gentlemen, that I can feel the shakes from here! I wonder what other surprises this young underdog has in store next!" The announcer was about to get his answer as Sora smiled.

"Power-Up Punch!" Sora called as Primeape let out a powerful punch attack on Machop, knocking the superpower Pokémon out.

"My Machop!" Willy exclaimed. "I lost to this little kid?!"

"And this match is over! Machop is down and out! Sora's Primeape wins the battle!" The announcer announced. Sora and Takuya high fived at Sora's victory.

"Way to go, Sora! You won!" Takuya shouted.

"But the competition isn't over yet!" Sora said as Primeape exited the ring. "Riku and Illima are in this too."

Illima smiled as Koji was pretty impressed by Sora's sudden comeback.

"I knew you would bounce back, Sora," Illima smiled. "You always do."

"He's even better than I thought," Koji said. "And I thought that he didn't stand a chance."

"Then you don't know, Sora," Illima said. "He never gives up until it's over. Sora's flames of passion isn't easy to extinguish." Koji smiled a bit.

"Well, I don't doubt it now," Koji said.

"Way to go, Sora!" Kairi cheered for her boyfriend along with Pikachu.

"That was awesome!" Tommy shouted.

"Mama Mia! He's really good," Zoe said.

"But I wonder how good is Riku is with that Incineroar," Kouichi said. "Naminé did say that it's a tough Pokémon."

"You'll have to wait and see," Sophocles said.

"Munchlax."

"Mime, Mime, Mime."

Anthony and Riku were watching the battle along with Hitmonchan and Incineroar. Both of them were impressed.

"That Primeape is pretty tough," Anthony said.

"Sora is no slouch in a battle either," Riku said. "I've seen how he battled. He even put up a fight against me when I first met him." Anthony turned Riku and grinned.

"Well I don't doubt it, kid," Anthony said. "You're up next, so show me what your Incineroar can do."

"You won't be disappointed," Riku said turning to Incineroar. "You ready for a blazing battle?"

"Incineroar!" Incineroar answered cracking his knuckles.

The second match starts up as Riku and Incineroar are pinned against Giant and his Hitmonlee.

"The next match is Hitmonlee against Incineroar! And judging by Types, Hitmonlee has the upperhand, but Riku doesn't seem to be worried. Will Hitmonlee scare this frightening Pokémon off or will Incineroar come out swinging its claws?" The announcer called out. The bell rings starting the battle.

"Hitmonlee! Double Kick!" Giant ordered as Hitmonlee moved in giving the large feline Pokémon a series of devastating kicks. But Incineroar stood there not being phased.

"Hitmonlee starts up with a Double Kick attack as Incineroar just stands there taking the kicks. Is Riku just throwing the fight on purpose or does he have some sort of surprise?" the announcer said.

"You'd be surprised," Riku said in this thoughts. "Grab Hitmonlee by the foot!" Incineroar does so stopping the kick. Giant and Hitmonlee gasped. Illima and Koji watched as they knew they were about to witness a good fight. "Fire Punch!" Riku ordered as Incineroar's fist emitted fire and landed a strong punch.

"At first, Incineroar was taking a few beatings and comes back with a blazing Fire Punch! Giant needs to keep his head in the game of he wants to stay in this tournament!" the announcer said.

"That Incineroar is tough," Takuya said. He looked over to Sora as he just started at the large feline Pokémon. "Sora?"

"I wonder," Sora said as he stroked his chin. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned Riku's Pokémon.

Incineroar, the Heel Pokémon

The evolved form of Torracat

Type: Fire/Dark

It excels at violent, no-holds-barred battles. The temperature of the flames that issue from its navel exceeds 3,600 degrees Fahrenheit. Incineroar's rough and aggressive behavior is its most notable trait, but the way it helps out small Pokémon shows that it has a kind side as well. Incineroar shows no interest in fighting weaker opponents.

"I knew it. Litten's fully evolved form," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "Riku must have caught that Litten just like when I caught mine. And I can tell how far he went with that Incineroar after evolving."

"Don't take that laying down, Hitmonlee!" Giant called out. "Kick that Incineroar hard! Bring it down!" Hitmonlee obeyed its trainer delivering a series of kicks on Incineroar, but he stood there again unaffected by the kicks.

"Giant really wants this to end! Hitmonlee is giving Incineroar some pretty hard kicks, but this Pokémon isn't even flinching! What could its trainer be planning?" the announcer called out.

"Stop that Hitmonlee with another Fire Punch!" Riku ordered as Incineroar delivered a Fire Punch to Hitmonlee sending the kicking Pokémon back. "Now use Throat Chop!" Incineroar's claw glows dark purple and gives a devastating chop towards Hitmonlee. "Finish it with Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar's claws became covered in yellow-orange fire and Incineroar spins around.

"Looks like that Riku wants to end this too! Incineroar gave Hitmonlee a strong Fire Punch and followed by a devastating Throat Chop! And now it's spinning around like a top delivering its signature move!" the announcer announced. Incineroar spins towards Hitmonlee as the kicking Pokémon goes flying off the ring and right on top of Giant. "And it looks like that Giant and Hitmonlee is out of the tournament! And Incineroar gets to continue on!" Riku went to the ring and fist bumped Incineroar.

"I knew you could do it," Riku said smiling.

Naminé and Eevee cheered as Riku had won while Kairi, Rebecca, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, the rest of Alolan nine and the other Pokémon watched on.

"Incineroar is stronger than I remember," Kiawe said smiling.

"You guys weren't kidding," JP said. "Riku is just good as Sora."

"Illima should be up next," Mallow said.

"Illima isn't a pushover in a battle," Lana said.

"No he isn't," Mina said.

"And it's against your dad," Hapu said.

"I know. And that's what I'm worried about," Rebecca said.

Everyone definitely knew it wasn't going to be an easy thing to watch.

It was time for the third round. Illima was up against Anothony. Illima knew that it wasn't going to be easy. Even after watching Sora and Riku duke it out. But he had to give it his best shot. Sora, Takuya, and Koji watched with anticipation.

"Round three is about to begin! And it's Illima and his Bewear versus Anthony and his Hitmonchan! Bewear may be at a disadvantage since it's also a Normal Type. Will Type make the difference in this match or will make a turn like the last one? Well, there's only one way to find out!" The announcer said as the crowd roared.

"Are you ready for this Bewear?" Illima asked as Bewear nodded. He smiled as he patted his Pokémon. "I knew I can count on you. Give it everything you've got!" Bewear and Hitmonchan stare into each as it was a standoff. The bell rings starting the battle.

"Bewear! Start up with Hammer Arm!" Illima ordered as Bewear charges towards Hitmonchan with its arms in the air.

"Hitmonchan! Dodge and use Comet Punch!" Anthony ordered as Hitmonchan ran passed the large Pokémon as Hitmonchan punches Bewear rapidly. "Now give it a Mach Punch!" Hitmonchan obeyed as he gave the large Pokémon a pretty hard on the gut.

"Ooh! I have got to tell you, ladies and gentlemen, even I felt that! Hitmonchan had delivered a hard Mach Punch on Bewear's stomach! Illima's Pokémon may be strong, but it appears to be slow. Can Illima and Bewear make a comeback or will it be over before the real fight starts?" The announcer asked.

"Use your Focus Blast!" Illima ordered as Bewear formed a ball of energy and attempts to hurl it at Hitmonchan.

"Black that with Mach Punch!" Anothony ordered. Hitmonchan blocks the Focus Blast with a single punch. "Mega Punch!" Hitmonchan gave Bewear a powerful punch on the side. Hitmonchan punched Bewear.

"It looks like an upset for Illima, folks! Despite Bewear's strong appearance, it's just no match for Hitmonchan's speed! It looks like it's all over!" the announcer said.

"This doesn't look good," Lillie said.

"Nuh-uh," Mina said.

"Bewear is getting creamed out there!" Sophocles said.

"I'll say," JP said.

"Anthony is getting to finish it off," Kouichi said.

"You're right," Kairi agreed.

"Pikachu."

"Munchlax."

"Mime Jr."

"Eevee."

"Okay Hitmonchan! Give that oversized plush toy a Sky Uppercut!" Anthony ordered as Hitmonchan delivered an uppercut under the chin. Bewear stood there for a moment before falling on its back. Bewear's eyes swirled as she was knocked out.

"And Hitmonchan comes out the winner of this match!" The announcer announced as Illima went up to Bewear helping her up.

"Are you alright, my friend?" Illima asked as Bewear nodded sadly. "You needn't to apologize. You gave it your all." He called Bewear back into her Pokéball. "You deserve a good long rest." Anthony went up to Illima and smiled taking out his hand.

"Ya fought on pretty hard. That was a good match," Anthony said.

"You fought hard yourself," Illima said shaking his hand. He stepped out of the ring and turned to Sora. "It looks like it'll be up to you now."

"You gave it your best shot," Sora said he took his hand. Sora looked over to Riku watching the battle. Riku looked back at Sora and nodded. Sora nodded back to him. Sora had a promise to Rebecca to keep, and he had to see to the end. Even if it meant going up against Riku later on.

As the tournament went on, Sora, Riku, and Anthony fought on. All three of them were at the semifinals and Sora had won over a Machamp. Sora was definitely in the finals. Kairi cheered on for her boyfriend for his victory. The semifinal round was between Riku and Anthony.

"Sora and his Primeape will advance to the final match, while the Fighting Spirit Gym's own Hitmonchan, the number one contender in this tournament takes on the blazing Incineroar for a chance at the championship!" The announcer said.

"This is it," Takuya said. "Sora is in the finals."

"The winner takes on Sora," Koji said. "Wonder how this'll turn out."

"Both Incineroar and Hitmonchan will definitely be in an extreme battle," Illima said.

"Yeah," Sora simply said.

The four boys watched on as Kairi, Naminé, Pikachu, Eevee Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Rebecca, Mime Jr., and Munchlax watched with anticipation.

"Here it is," Zoe said.

"I was afraid this would happen," Lillie said.

"Riku and Anthony fought hard to make it this far," Sophocles said.

"He's right," Hapu said. "Incineroar will be a tough nut to crack."

"The same can be said about Hitmonchan," Tommy added.

"That's right, Tommy," Kiawe said. "Incineroar is a Dark Type Pokémon as well as a Fire Type. Hitmonchan should have the upperhand. But we all saw what happened in his battles."

"Oh Daddy," Rebecca said worried.

"Keep on moving! Keep on fighting! Remember, you're a champion!" Anthony said as Hitmonchan nodded. The bell rings as the battle begins. "Mach Punch!"

"Incineroar! Block it Fire Punch!" Riku ordered. Incineroar pulled his burning fist back and sent towards Hitmonchan. The two punches clashed into each other. Hitmonchan pushed back and so did Incineroar. They stared into each other.

"Gotta be smart! Gotta be strong! Gotta keep moving! Comet Punch!" Anthony called out as Hitmonchan delivered a series of punches on Incineroar.

"Incineroar! Bulk Up!" Riku called out as Incineroar flexed his muscles as Comet Punch landed four times.

"Incineroar is just taking it!" Takuya said.

"That Bulk Up both offense and defense," Koji said.

"Hitmonchan is going to have a hard time cracking that shell," Illima said. Sora didn't say anything as he kept watching.

"Now use Throat Chop!" Riku called out as Incineroar moved to deliver a hard chop as Hitmonchan dodges the move. Hitmonchan punched the large feline Pokémon on the side. "Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar's claws emitted the same yellow-orange flames as he spun around hoping that it'll land a hit. Hitmonchan tried to dodge it when the lariat landed a hit on the punching Pokémon. Rebecca gasped at the sight as she began running towards the ring.

"Rebecca wait!" Kairi called out.

"Don't give to that!" Anthony called out. "Keep fighting!"

"Finish it with Throat Chop!" Riku ordered.

"And it looks it's all over for Hitmonchan!" the announcer announced. Incineroar was moving in for the finishing blow when Rebecca ran onto the ring.

"Stop it! Don't hurt my father's Hitmonchan!" Rebecca stepped in front of Hitmonchan. Sora, Illima, Takuya, Koji, and Anthony all gasped at the sight.

"Rebecca!" Anthony called out as Riku winced as he realized what he was about to do.

"Incineroar, stop!" Riku quickly called out before Anthony could run up to save her. Incineroar obeyed his trainer by stopping completely.

Anthony ran up to his daughter and gave her a big hug.

"Are ya all right, Rebecca?" Anthony asked.

"I'm fine," Rebecca answered her father.

"I'm glad. I don't wanna see ya getting hurt because of me," Anthony said as he took the towel of his shoulders as he threw it. The bell rings ending the battle.

"And he throws in the towel. Incineroar will be advancing into the final round of the P-1 Grand Prix," the announcer announced.

"Ya okay, Hitmonchan?" Anthony asked. Hitmonchan replied sadly. "All that matters is that you and Rebecca are safe." He turned to his daughter and smiled. "I'm sorry that I worried you and your mother so much. I wouldn't be able to face her if something bad happened to ya because of my pig-headed pride."

"Oh Daddy!" Rebecca hugged her father.

"That's my girl." Anthony hugged her back.

Sora smiled at the sight of the father and daughter rekindling their relationship. Sora felt envious of Rebecca since her father was still alive; Sora had wished he knew his. Riku went up to Anthony and Rebecca with a look of regret on his face.

"Sorry about almost hurting your daughter like that," Riku said. "I do want to win, but by seeing someone else getting hurt like that; that's not how I want to win. I would feel bad about it."

"That's all right, kid," Anthony said. "Nobody's a winner if they fight dirty." Anthony shook his hand. "I know ya didn't mean any harm."

That made the silver-haired boy feel better. He turned to Sora with a smile.

"I can tell that you have been looking forward for this, Sora," Riku said. "The rematch we've both been waiting for."

"Only one of us is going home with that belt," Sora said shaking Riku's hand.

"Yeah," Riku said grinning.

Kairi, Naminé, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, the rest of the Alolan nine, Pikachu, Eevee, Mime Jr., and Munchlax were relieved to see that Rebecca wasn't hurt by Incineroar and happy to see the family back together again.

"Good for them," Kairi said smiling at the sight. "It's always good to see family rekindle their relationship.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu said.

"And now, it's time for the final round! Who is going to be this year's winner of the competition? Will it be Sora's Primeape or Riku's Incineroar? I will say that in all my years, I have never seen anything like this before! Two young newcomers coming this far with tremendous skills in their Pokémon training!" The announcer announced. "Get ready, folks for a match that you will never forget!" The bell rings as the battle starts.

"Primeape! Dual Chop!" Sora called out as Primeape moved in to deliver a series of chops at Incineroar.

"Incineroar! Bulk Up! Then follow with Fire Punch!" Riku ordered as Incineroar bulked up and threw a fiery punch towards the pig monkey Pokémon. Primeape gets hit, but he just gets back up.

"Stomping Tantrum!" Sora ordered as Primeape starts stomping on the ring.

"Primeape delivers some pretty strong chops as Incineroar builds up its offense and defense! Then gave it a strong Fire Punch. And Primeape comes back with a Stomping Tantrum!" the announcer announced as Primeape rushes to the feline Pokémon and starts pummeling him the same way he pummeled Sora at their first meeting. Incineroar was caught off guard. "Now Primeape is giving Incineroar a beating of a lifetime! And it looks like the punches Primeape is dishing out is doing such serious damage!"

"Shake it off, Incineroar! Swing at Primeape with Darkest Lariat!" Riku ordered as Incineroar spins around with his claws burning.

"Now Incineroar is blocking out Primeape's attacks by using Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar starts moving towards Primeape hitting the Fighting Type hard. "And Primeape gets knocked back!" Primeape falls on his back.

"Get up!" Sora called out. "Launch at Incineroar with Power-Up Punch!" Primeape does get back up and jumps towards Incineroar delivering a strong punch on the face before he had a chance to block.

"Oh! That was a good clean hit! Primeape landed a powerful Power-Up Punch before Incineroar knew what was coming! Riku better make a comeback soon before it's lights out for this Dark Type!" the announcer said.

"That was good, Sora! I gotta admit that you've improved since the last time we battled!" Riku said. "Keep coming at me with everything you've got! Throat Chop!" Incineroar obeyed by sending his claw towards Primeape.

"Block it with Power-Up Punch!" Sora called out as Primeape blocked Incineroar's Throat Chop with an even more powerful punch than the last one.

"Wow! Won't you just look at that, ladies and gentlemen! Sora's Primeape successfully blocked Incineroar's Throat Chop with another Power-Up Punch! That attack gets stronger from every use! I can definitely see sparks flying from these two boys!" The announcer announced.

"Great! Stomping Tantrum!" Sora called out as Primeape obeyed his trainer. Riku's fire Pokémon gets caught in the rumble. "Now move in with Brick Break!" Primeape jumps towards Incineroar giving the cat Pokémon strong chop on the head. Kairi and Naminé were at the edge of their seats as well as their friends.

"This is getting intense!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"Sora! Riku! Don't hold anything back!" Mallow called out to them.

"Darkest Lariat again!" Riku called out as Incineroar spun around and heads towards Primeape.

"Stompimg Tantrum again!" Sora ordered as Primeape stomped on the ground making Incineroar lose control and his balance.

"Eevee!" Eevee called out.

"Riku!" Naminé gasped.

Kairi, Pikachu, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., Munchlax watched with anticipation.

Over to Sora, Illima, Takuya, Koji, Anthony, and Rebecca.

"Way to go!" Takuya called out.

"Clever of you to cancel out Darkest Lariat like that, Sora," Koji said.

"Sure is," Anthony agreed. "You're battling smart and strong!" Sora smiled at Anthony's complement.

"Thanks Anthony," Sora said. Sora wanted this battle to continue, but it was time to end it. "Okay, Riku. You told me not to stop getting stronger, so I won't disappoint you. Primeape! One more Power-Up Punch!" Primeape gave Incineroar one last punch on the face sending the cat Pokémon back. Incineroar falls to the ground, but slowly gets back up. Riku wondered if he could keep going after taking such a beating. Incineroar looked at Primeape panting as he was exhausted. The bulky cat Pokémon smiles before he fell back down totally beaten. The bell rings indicating that the battle and the tournament was over.

"And it's all over! Primeape has won over Incineroar landing a finishing Power-Up Punch! The winner of this year's P-1 Grand Prix is Sora and his Primeape! Congratulations!" The announcer announced as Sora, Takuya, and Koji got on the ring along with Primeape wearing the championship belt.

Riku went up to Incineroar helping him up.

"Are you okay, Incineroar?" Riku asked.

"Incineroar," Incineroar nodded as he answered, feeling bad for losing.

"You did great," Riku said. "You gave it everything you had and I'm proud of you. You'll always be number one to me; win or lose." That made Incineroar feel better. Riku went up to Sora smiling. "Congratulations, Sora." Riku took out his hand. You gave me everything you had."

"You too, Riku," Sora said shaking his friend and rival's hand.

"Now it's you who owe me a battle," Riku said smiling.

"And you can count on it," Sora said smiling.

With the tournament over and done with, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee had left to check Incineroar into the Pokémon Center. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax celebrated with an all-you-can-eat dinner. The meal was on the house since Sora had one.

"Before we begin, I would to congratulate Sora for a memorable toast for his victory!" Illima said holding up a glass. "Kanpai!"

"Kanpai!" everyone said as they celebrated.

"The battle between you and Riku was pretty epic!" JP said.

"Sure is," Lana agrred.

"Both of them gave other a pretty big nudge," Sophocles said.

"And here's something to give the winner," Kairi said. The Alolan nine all nodded as they all knew what she had in mind. Tommy wondered it could be as the older kids knew what. "Close your eyes."

"Okay," Sora said as he obliges his girlfriend. Kairi moves towards Sora giving him a passionate kiss on the lips. Tommy blushed as he covered his eyes while Zoe was swooning over the sight as well as the Alolan girls. Kairi broke the kiss as Sora smiled. "Thanks for that, Kairi. You are the best." Sora took her by the shoulder. Kairi giggled.

The kids and Pokémon returned to the Pokémon Center with such full bellies as they all head to bed since they needed an early start in the morning.

When they awoke in the next morning, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were about to take off when Takuya and his friends had something they wanted to say.

"You think that we can join you guys until you get your Gym Badge in Saffron City?" Takuya asked catching everyone off guard.

"After seeing battle yesterday we want to see how well you battle against a Gym Leader," Tommy said.

"And we want to get to know you more," Zoe said.

Sora looked around to his friends and none of them had any objections to that.

"Okay," Sora said. "You guys can hang with us for a while. Besides, I promised Takuya a battle anyway."

"Yeah?!" Takuya beamed as Sora nodded. "Sweet!"

"Pika, Pika!"

"Mime, Mime, Mime!"

"Munchlax!"

With that settled, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were joined by Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax as they made their way to Saffon City. Sora's circle of friends was building up by the second. The group walked down the road when someone whom the Alolan nine definitely recognized, especially Lillie.

"Gladion?!" Lillie exclaimed.

Sora, Kairi, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, and the Pokémon were at a loss.

"Hello, Lillie," Gladion greeted.

"Who is that?" Sora asked.

"Is he your boyfriend, Lillie?" Zoe asked.

"No," Lillie said not taking her eyes off of him. "He's my brother."

"That's your brother?!" Sora and Kairi exclaimed.

"Pika?!" Pikachu also exclaimed.

This is an unexpected turn of events. Lillie's older brother Gladion has shown up to our heroes since she and Gladion last saw each other. How will this reunion turn out? Only one way to find out.

I can bet that you weren't expecting this twist in this fic. Like I said before, the main human characters from the Digimon anime will be making an appearance. Plus they'll be recurring characters. Plus, we have a look into Lillie's past and what secrets has she been keeping for all this time. The answers will be unearthed in the next chapter. Until next time!