Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Sora vs Gladion ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 39: Sora vs Gladion

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, are joined by Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr. and Munchlax when they bumped into Lillie's older brother, Gladion.

"It's been a while, Lillie," Gladion said.

"Yes it has," Lillie said. She reached in her bag and pulled out the letter Riku had handed her. "I was surprised to hear that you were here in Kanto for all this time."

"So was I," Gladion said. He went up to his sister and started to hug her. "I missed you, little sister."

"I missed you too, big brother," Lillie said in their hug.

The rest of the Alolan nine smiled while Lana and Mallow were teary eyed at the sight. Sora and Kairi held each other's hands as Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP looked on.

Gladion and Lillie stopped hugging as he went to her classmates.

"Hey you guys," Gladion said.

"It's so good to see you again, Gladion," Illima said.

"You've been staying out of trouble?" Kiawe asked.

"I didn't expect to see you again in a while," Mallow said.

"Same with me," Lana chipped in.

"You still training hard?" Sophocles asked.

"You know he is," Acerola said.

"Totally," Mina said.

"If he wasn't, his skills would lag," Hapu said.

Gladion smiled as he was happy to hear his sister was doing well and on a Pokémon journey. He turned to see the eight other kids with them.

"Who are they?" Gladion questioned.

"The boy with the brown spikey hair is Sora," Lillie introduced him.

"It's nice to finally meet you," Sora said shaking Gladion's hand. "And this is my girlfriend Kairi."

"Hello Gladion," Kairi greeted.

"My name is Takuya."

"I'm Koji."

"Koji's twin brother Kouichi."

"My name is Tommy."

"I'm Zoe."

"And I'm JP."

The group sat down as Gladion began to share his story with his sister's friends. He began with how he knows Lillie so well.

"As you all already have figured it out; I'm Lillie's older brother," Gladion started.

"I have to admit, I was pretty surprised to hear that she had a brother," Kairi said.

"Same here. She told us about you when we heard about it," Sora added.

"I don't doubt that," Gladion said smiling a little.

"But you could tell us why are you traveling here in the Kanto region," Sora said curiously.

"I'm traveling around to become stronger," Gladion said. "Both mentally and physically with my Pokémon."

Sora can understand that reason. But there was something else that Sora wanted to figure out. If he's Lillie's brother and since Illima and the others knows him; there was just one question that needs to be answered.

"I have a question for you. I have been wondering about it since we met you," Sora said to the blonde boy. "Do you know two Pokémon trainers named Riku and Hau?"

Gladion looked at Sora surprised by that question. He wondered how he knew about Riku and Hau.

"Yes I do. But how do you know them?" Gladion asked.

"Sora battled Riku and Hau," Hapu answered for Sora.

"Really?" Gladion said stroking his chin.

"Kairi and I first met Riku in Cerulean City when we were on our way to Celadon City. And that's how we met with Lillie and the rest," Sora explained. "I battled Riku and lost." Sora smiled. "I knew he was pretty good; judging by how he battled."

"We saw Riku quite a few times after that," Sophocles added.

"Just a short time ago, we met up with a trainer named Hau," Sora said. "I battled against him and won." Sora grinned at the memory. "I gotta admit, I enjoyed that battle the same as he did."

"I'm not surprised," Gladion said. "He's always having fun in a Pokémon battle."

"We ran into him again just recently when Sora and Riku competed in the P-1 Grand Prix," Kiawe said.

"And that's where the six of us comes in," Takuya said. "We've seen why Sora and Riku respect each other that much."

"You should have seen that battle they had yesterday! Sora beaten Riku's Incineroar with his Primeape and won the P-1 Grand Prix!" Tommy pitched in. Gladion turned to Sora with interest.

"You beat Riku?" Gladion got wide-eyed.

"Yeah I did," Sora said. "His Incineroar put up one hell of a fight. He did warn me about his strength."

"Where is he now?" Gladion asked.

"No idea where he went after that. But he's still traveling," Sora said.

"But you don't know a girl named Naminé, do you?" Kairi asked.

"No I don't," Gladion said. "Why?"

"Well, Riku was traveling with her for a bit," Sora said in a sinister grin. "And I can tell those two are pretty close."

"Kinda like you and Kairi, Sora?" Mallow questioned. "Lillie's face was red as a tomato when she saw you kiss for the first time."

Their friends laughed (expect Lillie) as Sora and Kairi blushed. Sora rubbed the back of his head chuckling nervously. Lillie's face was even redder at the memory.

"I didn't mean to walk in on them!" Lillie defended. "That caught me completely by surprise!" Lillie's cheeks puffed up as Mallow and Lana chuckled. Gladion could care less about Sora's love life. He was more interested in Sora's battling skills. He looked at the spikey-headed boy with interest.

"Why does he remind me so much of Riku?" Gladion questioned in his thoughts. "And what does Riku see in him? Does he have any special connections to Pokémon like he does? I'll have to give him a test later."

Everyone gathered around for dinner, in which happens to be spicy rice curry. Kairi made sure that everything was perfect. Making sure that the vegetables were properly seasoned to mix in. The meal went on as Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP enjoyed the meal so much. Gladion did enjoy it, but he kept a serious tone. Mime Jr. and Munchlax enjoyed the Pokémon food Kairi had prepared. As they ate, Gladion's eyes never left Sora.

After the meal was finished, Sora and Kairi sat for some alone time.

"Good meal as always, Kairi," Sora complemented.

"Thank you, Sora," Kairi smiled. "I swear that I am never going to get enough of your compliments."

"Isn't that what a boyfriend is for?" Sora playfully asked. "I love your cooking; but I love you even more."

Kairi blushed as she looks into his face.

"You sure that's it? It's not just for my cooking is it?" Kairi jokingly asked.

"Not convinced? Okay, wise girl. What do I do to convince you?" Sora questioned. Kairi stuck her tongue before she answered.

"Give me a kiss," Kairi said. Sora obliges his girlfriend with a warm kiss on the lips. The couple went to rejoin the others when they saw Gladion and Lillie standing before the couple. "Gladion? Lillie?"

"What is it?" Sora asked.

"We need to talk," Lillie said.

"About what?" Sora questioned.

"We'll explain when we're completely alone," Lillie said. Sora and Kairi nodded as they both understood. Pikachu went up to his trainer. The four kids and Pikachu went off not too far from the group, but they were far enough.

"So what is it?" Sora asked.

"There's something Gladion and I think you both should know," Lillie admitted. Sora and Kairi looked at each other and then back at the siblings. "Have you two ever heard of Pokémon called the Ultra Beasts?" Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu got wide-eyed at that.

"Ultra what?" Sora asked totally surprised by the question.

Meanwhile, over Riku, Naminé, and Eevee. They were setting up camp for the night, as Naminé was drawing a picture of Riku and Eevee battling Sora and Pikachu. Then suddenly, someone very familiar shows up.

"Well now! Look what we've got here!" Hau called out grabbing Riku and Naminé's attention.

"Hau?" Riku questioned.

"Eevee!"

"Riku and Eevee! The pair I'm always happy to see!" Hau said excitedly. "It's been a while."

"Sure has," Riku said. "How are you doing?"

"Doing great! Heard that you were here in Kanto and I knew I would bump into you eventually!" Hau said smiling. He took a glance of the girl with the sketchbook and colored pencils. "Who is this?"

"My name is Naminé," Naminé said. "Riku has told me all about you! And you're exactly how he described."

"It's good to know you, Naminé," Hau said shaking her hand. "And I gotta say that you're really cute." Naminé blushed at the complement as Riku went up to his friend and rival. "Just like that girl Sora is with."

"Sora told me he bumped into you," Riku pointed out. "But you didn't run into Gladion yet, did you?"

"No," Hau answered just his face lit up like a kid at Christmas. "You mean Gladion's here too?!"

"Yeah," Riku said as Naminé looks at Riku.

"Who's Gladion?" Naminé asked.

"You already met Lillie," Riku said. "He's her older brother. Also he's a friend and rival of mine. Just like smiley here."

Naminé was surprised to hear that Lillie has an older brother. Hau laughed as he sat down next to Naminé.

"Seeing you again definitely brings back old memories," Hau stated. "Kinda like that one Pokémon that you found and brought to the school."

Riku looked at Hau as he knew what he was talking about. Eevee shared his trainer's expression. Naminé got curious at that.

"What kind of Pokémon is he talking about?" Naminé asked.

Riku started, "Well..."

Back to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Lillie, and Gladion, the couple were surprised to be asked about some Pokémon called Ultra Beasts.

"It's no surprise that you didn't hear anything about an Ultra Beast," Gladion said. "We didn't want to say anything about them because of the other six."

"Does Illima and the others know about this?" Sora asked.

"Yes they do," Lillie admitted. "They know because they experienced it for themselves. Riku and Hau too."

"Pika," Pikachu said in awe. Sora was really curious now.

"What exactly is an Ultra Beast?" Sora asked.

"The Ultra Beasts are Pokémon that came from from another dimension," Gladion answered as Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu got wide-eyed. They knew that there are Pokémon that actually came from another planet; but another dimension was completely new to them.

"Another dimension?" Kairi asked in shock.

"No way," Sora said sharing his girlfriend's shock.

"It's true," Lillie said. "Many centuries ago far off into the Alola region, the Ultra Beasts came into our world and from theirs."

"In doing so, they wadged battle with the Four Island Guardians of Alola. The Four Island Guardians are legendary Pokémon known as Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Fini," Gladion explained. "Their battle almost destroyed the Alola region as a result."

"Whao," Sora said in amazement. "Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Fini. And the Ultra Beasts too."

"You said that they almost destroyed the Alola region in their battle," Kairi pointed out. "What happened that made it end?"

"They saw the destruction they caused and nearly caused," Lillie said. "Two legendary Pokémon known as Solgaleo and Lunala came from one of the Ultra Wormholes."

"Ultra Wormholes?" Kairi asked.

"That's how they were getting in," Gladion explained. "The same for Solgaleo and Lunala."

"So, those two Pokémon are Ultra Beasts too?" Sora asked.

"It's likely. But they came here, the Four Island Guardians fought them hard, but they were easily beaten," Gladion said. "So they created so many small Pokémon called Cosmog for the Island Guardians to watch over until they were fully evolved and returned into their home dimension: Ultra Space."

"That's amazing," Kairi said in awe.

"But how does the whole Ultra thing fit in with you and Riku?" Sora asked the siblings.

"It actually began over a year ago," Lillie said. "Riku was the one who found one of these Cosmog. It's like this..."

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Riku and Eevee had come down stair as his mother was cooking breakfast.

"Morning," Riku said yawning.

"Eevee," Eevee said also yawning.

"Morning Riku," his mother said. She happens to be a tanned-skinned woman with long silver hair like her son. She also had the same blue eyes. "I trust you had a pleasant night sleep."

"Sure have," Riku said opening the refrigerator grabbing an orange juice carton. "You wouldn't believe the dream I had last night." Riku began drinking from the carton.

"But I can imagine," Riku's mother said as she turned around and groaned in irritants. "Riku! How many times do I have to tell you to use a glass when you drink orange juice?"

"Sorry mom," Riku said putting it back in the fridge.

"After breakfast, I want you to head back upstairs and take a bath," Riku's mother said. "And to change into some clean clothes!"

"Okay mom," Riku said.

"And brush your teeth and comb your hair," Riku's mother said.

"Sure mom," Riku said in an annoyed tone.

"And don't use that tone with me!" Riku's mother sternly said.

"Sorry mom," Riku apologized. "She could tell me to run a marathon all around Mele Mele Island while she's at it," Riku said under his breath."

"I heard that, young man!" Riku's mother said.

After breakfast, Riku went back up stairs to take his bath and changed into his regular clothes. He came downstairs with Eevee on his shoulders. His backpack was sitting on the couch waiting for him.

"I've packed your lunch; it's in your backpack," Riku's mother said.

"Thanks mom," Riku said.

"And I also packed your Eevee's Pokémon food as well. Don't forget to feed your Pokémon," Riku's mother said.

"I won't forget, mom," Riku said as he looked at Eevee. "You know I won't."

"Vee," Eevee said as Riku was rubbing his head. Riku and Eevee stepped out of his house with his backpack resting on his back. "I'm heading out, mom!"

"Just be careful!" Riku's mother called out.

"I will!" Riku called back. Riku and Eevee walked down the streets of Iki Town as Riku gave a loud sigh. "Jeez, mom can be such a nag sometimes. I mean, don't get me wrong, Eevee, I do love her. But come on! The least she can do is cut me some slack."

"Eevee." Eevee chirped when a shadow went by them. Riku and Eevee stopped to see a Pokémon levitating before them. It has a black thin inner body with white markings on the chest and face. Yellow rings are present on its shoulders and yellow markings appear on its eyes as well. Its lower body is orange and consists entirely of five feather-like hair similarly, is orange with a yellow tip in the shape of a mohawk. Its arms are solid with a two fingered hand on each in the shape of a bird's beak, which are connected to the Pokémon's shell. The shell is a yellow, egg-shaped dome with multiple geometric patterns on the shell. On each side of the shell there are wings. "Eevee!"

"Tapu Koko?" Riku asked as Eevee went towards Tapu Koko with Riku chasing him. "Hey, wat! Where are you going?" Eevee kept going through the island's forset until Eevee made a stop. Tapu Koko turns to see Riku and Eevee and levitated away. "What was that about?" Riku and Eevee heard some rustling in the bushes. Riku and Eevee quietly approached the bushes only to see a small Pokémon sound asleep. It looked like a cloud colored in dark blue and purple. Two light-blue cloud-like formations stem upward from its body and seem to be similar to a pair of arms. It has a gold crescent-shape around its body and its face is black with blue cheeks. "What kind of Pokémon is this?" Riku whispered.

"Eevee," Eevee tapped the little Pokémon as it giggled like a baby at the touch. Eevee was surprised by it. "Eevee."

"It's still asleep," Riku said as he silently. Riku carefully and gently picked the small Pokémon in his hands. But he started to remember something. "Cosmog," Riku said to himself. "Wait a minute! How do I know that?" Riku thought for a moment as he instantly remembered his dream. He remembered seeing two Pokémon floating over a temple. One being a large Pokémon resembling a skeletal, legless bat. It has a short snout, dark pink eyes with white centers, and a deep blue area on its upper head that shows a constantly changing starscape. And the other a large, white Pokémon resembling a white lion. It has a blunt muzzle with a blue-gray nose and pale blue eyes. The top half of its face is a deep blue area that shows a constantly changing starscape. Four yellow spikes frame Its head like a crown and two more pairs of spikes adorn either side of its lower jaw, and each spike separates large tufts of Solgaleo's mane. Solid ridges—red nearest its head and yellow farther away—poke out of each tuft along the middle, except on the tufts on its cheeks and chin, with the topmost part wrapping around the tip of the tuft. Overall, its mane creates the impression of a stylized sun. Around each leg is a dark orange band, and there is a black spot on each foot. It has three black toes on each foot with long yellow claws. At the tip of its tail is a large black spot with a thin yellow rim. "Solgaleo, Lunala. Is this what you wanted me to find?" He looked at the small Pokémon in his hands. "I'd better take you with me and show you to Professor Kukui. He and the rest of the class would be very surprised to see you, little Cosmog."

(Back to the Present, over to Riku, Naminé, Eevee, and Hau)

"You mean you found a cute little Pokémon, Riku?" Naminé asked.

"I'll have to admit that it wasn't something I would expect to find," Riku said.

"Just how did your classmates react to it?" Naminé asked.

"It's like this..." Riku started

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Hau, Lillie, Illima, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana, Kiawe, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu are in their seats as their teacher who happens to be a young man with a muscular physique, who has dark eyes, black hair, a black man bun and a goatee. He wears a white hat with a rainbow decoration in the front. He also wore glasses with teal frame, a white lab coat with rolled-up sleeves, grey baggy pants with a teal stripe and white ribbon and some teal shoes with white outline.

"Alola, class!" their teacher greeted.

"Alola, Professor Kukui!" the class greeted back.

"I trust that everyone had a pleasant night sleep; everyone but Riku who happens not to be here with us this morning," Professor Kukui said.

"I know he doesn't't like school all that much, but it's not like him to be late," Hau pointed out.

"He probably got challenged into a battle on the way over here," Kiawe said. "He never turns away from a challenge."

"Or maybe it's one of those jokers from Team Skull," Sophocles added.

"What are you worried about, Sophocles?" Hapu asked. "You know that he'll just whoop them again."

"Yeah, maybe," Sophocles said.

Soon enough, the whole classroom voiced their own opinions when Kukui spoke up.

"All right settle down, people," Professor Kukui said. "I'm sure there's a good explanation for Riku's tardines."

After a few seconds, Riku and hus Eevee entered the class.

"Sorry I'm late, professor," Riku said. "I got a little sidetracked on my way over here."

"It's nice of you to finally join us, Riku," the young professor said. "I hope that you have a good reason for being late today."

"There is," Riku said taking off his backpack. "I found an unusual Pokémon on my way over here. You guys wouldn't believe it until you see it."

It just as Riku predicted, everyone was amazed by the sight. Cosmog was still asleep soundly like a baby. Mina was the first to feel it. The small Pokémon giggled at her touch.

"So soft," Mina said.

"And it's so cute," Mallow said.

"So, what is it?" Kiawe asked.

"I don't know," Riku said. "When I first saw it, the first name that popped up was Cosmog."

"Cosmog?" Everyone questioned.

"How do you know that, Riku?" Hau asked.

"Like I said, I don't know," Riku answered.

Lillie was looking through one of the books trying to find the Pokémon in one of the pages.

"I can't seem to find it in any of these books," Lillie said turning the pages. "It's possible that Nebby is a new species."

"Nebby?" Riku questioned in a deadpan tone.

"That's the name I decided to call it," Lillie said. "And it's a much cuter name."

"I'm the one who found it, so I'm calling it Cosmog!" Riku argued.

"Well, how about we call it both," Professor Kukui said not wanting an argument to break out. "The species will be called Cosmog; and Cosmog's nickname will be Nebby."

"Nebby," Lillie beamed. "You're such a little cutie."

Nebby started to float up to the air amazing everyone.

"You didn't tell us that it can float!" Acerola exclaimed.

"I didn't know it could float!" Riku said sharing his classmate's shock.

Nebby opened its eyes and started to give off a loud powerful cry. Everyone covered their ears as Nebby cried.

(Back to the present, over to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Gladion, and Lillie)

"Nebby, huh?" Sora questioned.

"You were right, Lillie; Nebby sounds like a cuter name than Cosmog," Kairi said. "I really wanna see one of them."

Sora chuckled as he imagined how Kairi would react over a Cosmog's cuteness. Sora grew curious as he pulled out his Pokédex and looked up Cosmog. There was a match to it.

Cosmog, the Nebula Pokémon

Type: Psychic

Whether or not it's a Pokémon from this world is a mystery. When it's in a jam, it warps away to a safe place to hide.

"So that's what it looks like," Sora said smiling as Kairi took the Pokédex from her boyfriend's hand.

"Let me see! Let me see!" Kairi said looking at the image. "Oh my gosh! It's so cute! You have got to have this Pokémon!"

"I wouldn't recommend it," Gladion warned.

"Oh why not?" Kairi pouted.

"Cosmog is an Ultra Beast," Gladion said. "Plain and simple. And Ultra Beasts are very dangerous."

"And how do you figure that?" Sora asked.

"Well, my mother made contact with Professor Kukui and he told her that Riku was the one who found Nebby, so we met him and my mother to his house," Lillie said.

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Riku and Lillie had just come back from a supermarket that sells star candy since they found out what Nebby likes to eat on the way home. As soon as Riku and Lillie reached his house Riku saw Professor Kukui and his mother outside his house.

"Professor? Mom? What's going on?" Riku asked.

"There's someone inside who wants to see you," Riku's mother said.

"Who?" Riku asked.

"Well, lets say that they want to meet Nebby," Professor Kukui said. "And they want to see you too, Lillie."

"Why me?" Lillie asked. They all came inside the house and spotted someone who Lillie didn't expect to see. "Mother?!" And it happens to be Lillie's mother. With her are three other people. One is a woman with medium-short white spiky hair pointing backwards, and has yellow eyes. She also has tanned skin, wears a grey vest and black stirrup pants. She also wears green flat shoes and a green headband at the back of her head, and wears a silver necklace, with her wedding ring hanging. There was another woman with yellow eyes and purple hair. She wears a pink sweater bearing a symbol of some kind, white outfit with yellow outlined pockets and white boots with yellow heels. Her boots and outfit have yellow diamond-shaped decorations. She also wore a pair of pink glasses. And the third person is a lean man, who has short green hair and a goatee. He wears a white outfit, bearing the same symbol and having a yellow diamond-shaped decoration on his sleeves. He also wore a green undershirt, some green bracers on his arms, and large green glasses. He also has white boots with yellow soles and buttons.

"Lillie! How's my baby?" The woman asked using a doting tone as she moved in to embrace her daughter.

"I'm not a baby," Lillie hissed at her.

Riku looked at her totally confused.

"Who is she?" Riku whispered to to his teacher.

"That would be Lusamine. She's the president of the Aether Foundation," Professor Kukui explained. "And in case you haven't figured it out, she's Lillie and Gladion's mother."

"Well, that's pretty obvious," Riku deadpanned.

"No matter how grown up you'll get, you're always going to be my sweet little baby!" Lusamine gushed. Lusamine took notice of the white Vulpix in her daughter's arms. "Lillie! Is that a Vulpix?! You got over your fears! You can touch Pokémon now!"

"Lillie raised Snowy since she hatched from an egg," Riku explained.

"From an egg?! Oh I'm so very, very proud of you!" Lusamine said doting for her daughter rubbing her hair as she's hugging her.

"Please stop embarrassing me!" Lillie said.

(Back to the present)

Sora did his best to stifle his laughter as Kairi just jabbed him. Lillie just sat there with her cheeks puffing.

"Sorry, Lillie," Sora said. "And I thought my aunt was super doting."

"Well, it was embarrassing," Lillie pouted.

"It didn't sound like you were happy to see her again after so long," Kairi pointed out.

"And I can't believe that you used to be afraid to touch Pokémon," Sora added.

"Pikachu," Pikachu shared his trainer's expression.

"Just what happened that made you feel like that?" Sora asked as Lillie winced at the question and looked away.

"I don't want to talk about that," Lillie said.

"It's okay, Lillie," Sora said. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Sora said kindly. "I'll respect your privacy."

Lillie looked over to Sora and saw that he he was telling the truth. Kairi nodded along with Sora.

"You can tell us if you feel up to it," Kairi said.

"Thank you both," Lillie said feeling better. Gladion was glad to see his sister had such good friends.

"So what happened next?" Sora asked.

"Well..." Lillie said.

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

The scene is still over in Riku's house. Lusamine looks over to Riku and his Eevee.

"Riku isn't it?" Lusamine questioned.

"Y-Yes?" Riku admitted.

"Well, I'm glad to meet you," she said with a smile. "My name is Lusamine, and as you may have already have guessed, I'm Lillie's mother and president of the Aether Foundation. Now allow me to introduce you to my team. Professor Burnet; the researcher for the Foundation. Alongside her is Wicke and Faba. Without them, the Aerther Foundation wouldn't do its work."

"Alola Riku," Wicke greeted. "I'm vice chief for the Aether Foundation. It's a pleasure to meet you!"

"And my name is Faba," Faba introduced himself. "I serve as the Foundation's branch chief."

"I realize that it may be rushed, but I would like it if you would introduce us to the Pokémon you found this morning," Lusamine said.

"Um, sure," Riku said as he took Nebby out of his backpack and held it in his arms. Everyone expect for Riku, Kukui, and Lillie were amazed at the sight. Riku's mother stared at the new Pokémon with such amazement. "Here it is. Cosmog. AKA Nebby."

"Cosmog..." Faba paused.

"Incredible," Wicke said."

"Unbelievable," Burnet added.

"It couldn't be," Lusamine said.

"Oh my gosh," Riku's mother said in shock. "It's... it's..." she slowly went up to her son and looked the little Pokémon. "It's just so precious," Riku's mother started to dote. "Hi there, cutie!" She started to tickle Nebby making it giggle.

(Back to the present, over to Riku, Naminé, Eevee, and Hau)

"Professor Burnet found that Nebby was one of the many Cosmog that Solgaleo and Lunala had created and sent to our world," Riku said.

"They said that Nebby was one of these Ultra Beasts," Hau added.

"Eevee," Eevee nodded.

"You mentioned that before," Naminé said remembering him mentioning an Ultra Beast before.

"That's right," Riku said. "A whole day later, we found out that Nebby can use Teleport." Riku sighed at the memory. "It was a nightmare I wish I could just forget."

Back over to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Gladion, and Lillie.

"Just how did you react to seeing Nebby for the first time?" Sora asked.

Gladion looked at Sora with a mixture of anger and fear. Sora was caught off guard with that reaction to that question. "I didn't expect Riku to be the one to encounter one."

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Gladion along with his Crobat, a Midnight Lycanroc, a quadruped mammalian Pokémon that resembles a black cat, black rabbit, or a black fox. The Pokémon has mainly sleek black fur with luminescent yellow rings encircling its ears and tail and round yellow circular patterns on its forehead and on each of its upper legs. The rings glow when under the influence of moonlight. Its physical characteristics are vulpine-like, but also feline-like as well, with a short muzzle with a small triangular nose. It has red eyes, it also has visible black colored oval-shaped pupils. Umbreon has a slightly bushy black tail with a single yellow ring encircling its thickest part; the tail thins out at the tip. And a chimeric-looking quadruped Pokémon combining body parts from several different creatures. Its body is black and cat-like, with three-toed paws on its hind legs while its front legs are green and resemble an insect's or bird's. It has purple scales on its upper hips, its tail is a blue forked fin with a grey membrane, and a mane of grey fur hangs around its neck. Its head is mostly obscured by a metallic helmet with a ringaround the neck and a silver crest on the top. Its grey eyes are, however, visible through a pair of openings on the helmet and a silver crest on the top. Its grey eyes are, however, visible through a pair of openings on the helmet. Gladion was battling a hoard of wild Pinsir when Riku and Eevee along with Nebby suddenly appeared above them and landed on the Pinsir.

"Ouch," Riku said getting up. "That has to be a three for style on that landing. You okay, Eevee?"

"Eevee," Eevee groaned.

"Where are we, anyway?" Riku lookedcaroubd and saw several Pinsir approach them. "Crap! Pinsir!"

Riku and Eevee ran for it as he knew he and Eevee couldn't take on all those Pinsir at once.

"Air Slash!" Gladion commanded as the chimeric Pokémon fired its attack of the Pinsir causing them to retreat.

"What was that about?" Riku asked in disbelief and turned to see Gladion and his Pokémon. "Gladion?" Riku questioned.

"Eevee," Eevee shared his disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" Riku asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," Gladion said. Gladion's chimeric Pokémon went in front of Riku as he gasped at the sight.

"What kind of Pokémon is this?" Riku asked in disbelief.

"Eevee," Eevee chirped.

"I wasn't expecting you to be the one to see it," Gladion said.

The Pokémon growled at the sight of Nebby as it went behind Riku and started to cry.

"Nebby!" Riku said as Gladion got wide-eyed at the sight of the Cosmog.

"No way! Is that a Cosmog?!" Gladion exclaimed. Gladion's chimera Pokémon continued to growl as Riku tried to calm Nebby down.

"Don't cry, Nebby," Riku said. "Everything will be alright." He turned to the Pokémon. "Gladion, call it off!"

"It's alright, Null," Gladion said. "It's okay." The Pokémon he called Null obeyed and backed away. With that, Nebby had calmex down.

"Thanks, Gladion," Riku said.

"Riku," Gladion simply said. "That Pokémon there is an Ultra Beast, am I right?"

"Yeah. I found it on my way to school," Riku explained. "How do you know about Ultra Beasts?" Riku asked.

"Why did you bring that thing here?! It's dangerous!" Gladion warned.

"I didn't really bring it here, exactly," Riku admitted. "I only thought about you and then poof! I get teleported here."

(Back to the present)

"Riku explained to me about the dream he about Solgaleo and Lunala; and how they tasked him into finding Cosmog," Gladion said. "And I warned him about the Cosmog."

Sora and Kairi were amazed about how Riku had a connection with legendary Pokémon. And they thought the experience with Ho-Oh was something.

"After several days, Faba kidnapped me and just to get to Nebby," Lillie said.

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

It took place in the Aether Foundation underground lab where Riku and Hau were battling Faba. Riku had his Eevee and Torracat while Hau had his Dartrix and Raichu. Faba had a Hypno and a human-like Pokémon that is colored yellow and brown, and it has some fox-like features. It is also shown carrying two spoons and a long mustache.

"Let Lillie go, Faba!" Riku demanded.

"I will. Only if you give me Cosmog," Faba said.

"Why are you doing this?" Hau asked.

"Why are you opening the Ultra Wormholes?" Riku also asked.

"To witness the Ultra Beast's power with my own eyes!" Faba explained.

"But why?!" Riku demanded to know. "They almost destroyed Alola! Are you willing to destroy the world to see that power?!"

"You're just naive boys," Faba said. "By the time I am done with you two, you won't even remember your own names. Hypno and Alakazam! Psychic!"

Both Psychic Type Pokémon obeyed sending both trainers and their Pokémon back.

"I won't let you get away with this! Eevee, you use Shadow Ball! Torracat, you use Flamethrower!" Eevee and Torracat fired their attacks at the Psychic Types.

"I'm not letting you have all the fun!" Hau said. "Dartrix, you use Razor Leaf! Raichu! You use Electro Ball!" Dartrix and Raichu obeyed their trainer firing their attacks as well. Faba just grinned evilly.

"Block it with Psychic!" Faba ordered. Hypno and Alakazam obeyed their trainer using Psychic to stop their attacks. "Now send it back!" They do so hitting both trainer's Pokémon. Then Torracat started to give a loud roar as he began to evolve. Riku, Faba, Hau, and Lillie were caught of guard by Torracat's evolution. Torracat evolved into an Incineroar. Incineroar's hands emitted yellow-orange flames and spun at the two Psychic Types. "What?! No way! I was winning!" Faba exclaimed.

"Incineroar," Riku said in disbelief. "Did you evolve just for me?" Incineroar nodded. "Alright! Use your Darkest Lariat again!" Riku ordered as Incineroar obeyed. The large cat Pokémon hurled at the two Psychic Types. Lusamine and Gladion races to the scene.

"Faba!" Lusamine called out. "What do you think you are doing?!"

"Ah, Lusamine. Good of you to show up," Faba greeted.

"How dare you kidnap my daughter!" Lusamine roared at the scientist.

Faba was totally unphased by that. Gladion took out a Pokéball that appears to be pure white with a red line between in the middle and threw it.

"Null! Go!" Gladion shouted as Null is let out. Faba looks at the Pokémon with such anger in his eyes.

"Type: Null. I made you, so now I'll have to unmake you!" Faba proclaimed. "Alakazam, Hypno! Psychic!" Hypno and Alakazam obeyed as Type: Null ran to dodge the attacks. Just then, the mask breaks off to reveal Type: Null's face. It had a crested bird-like head is revealed, possessing a metallic beak, two bolts on either side of its head, pointed red ears and a crest on its head resembling a cockatoo's. The fur around its neck and the fin on its tail changed from gray to white. Everyone was amazed by this turn of development. Lillie was terrified by the sight.

(Back to the present)

Sora and Kairi were shocked to hear that someone who their mother knew and trusted would just kidnap her just to get to Nebby.

"The mask that Type: Null was wearing broke off and it was revealed to be Silvally," Gladion said. "A Pokémon that Faba created and mistreated; and that I rescued." Gladion took out his Premier Ball and let out the Pokémon he was telling his sister's two friends about. Sora and Kairi were amazed by the sight.

"So cool," Sora said reaching for his Pokédex.

"Don't bother try to scan it," Gladion said. "You won't find any information on Silvally." Sora nodded as he understood. He placed the Pokédex back into his pocket.

"Well, I gotta say that it's amazing," Sora said in awe.

"Pikachu," Pikachu also said.

"Same here," Kairi said awestruck. "But if you saved Lillie, what happened to Faba after that?"

"Faba escaped for the moment," Lillie said.

"But a few days later, he made another appearance and attempted to open an Ultra Wormhole," Gladion said.

"He took Nebby to do it," Lillie said.

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Faba had successfully taken Nebby as he was now opening an Ultra Wormhole. Riku, Hau, Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine had shown up just in time to witness it.

"Faba! Stop what you are doing!" Lusamine demanded.

Faba turned back and saw the group.

"Lusamine, you're just in time to witness your dream to become a reality," Faba said.

"That was a dream! But, this is reality!" Lusamine exclaimed.

"You can say whatever you want!" Faba said. "But the Ultra Wormhole shall now be opened and an Ultra Beast shall come into our world!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Riku yelled as he tackled Faba in the gut.

"You little brat!" Faba roared. Riku turned to Eevee.

"Eevee! Shadow Ball!" Riku called out as Eevee fired Shadow Ball at the box containing Nebby. The Ultra Wormhole manages to close.

"Dartrix! Leaf Blade!" Hau called out as the owl Pokémon went towards the box letting Nebby out.

"Nebby!" Lillie criedcried as she embraced the Cosmog. "Are you okay?" Nebby responded by making his little sounds as Nebby started to evolve. Nebby was now a a chrysalis with Nebby's face in the center and the eyes shut. And it's even smaller. "Nebby?"

"No way," Riku said in disbelief.

"Nebby evolved," Hau shared Riku's disbelief.

"Eev," Eevee said in awe.

"It's now a Cosmeom," Lusamine said.

Just after Nebby had evolved into a Cosmeom, the Ultra Wormhole opens again, but it was even bigger than before.

"Yes!" Faba exclaimed. "The Ultra Wormhole has opened again! And not a moment too soon! An Ultra Beast is heading this way!"

"What?!" Riku and Gladion both exclaimed.

Out of the wormhole came a jellyfish-like creature. It had star-shaped markings on the top and a blue rim of the bell. And the tentacles appear to be humanoid shaped.

"What the hell is that?!" Riku exclaimed.

"Eevee!" Eevee said in shock.

"It's an Ultra Beast! Nihilego!" Gladion explained.

"That thing is an Ultra Beast?!" Riku exclaimed in shock! "No way!"

(Back to the present)

"So Faba succeeded in bringing an Ultra Beast here?" Sora asked in shock.

"How powerful is it?" Kairi also asked.

"Pretty powerful," Lillie said. Lillie sighed as she had to finally admit why she was afraid to make contact with Pokémon. "Nihilego was the reason why I couldn't be able to touch Pokémon at first. It tried to kidnap me and Silvally saved me. Until Gladion beaten Faba, I blocked out that memory because I was afraid. I should have thanked Silvally for it."

The couple and Pikachu were definitely shocked to hear that an Ultra Beast was the reason why. Sora guessed anyone would end up being afraid of Pokémon if they went through what she did.

"What happened after that?" Sora asked.

"Riku, Hau, and I battled Nihilego, but that monster was just too strong," Gladion explained.

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Eevee and the other Pokémon were totally beaten by the Ultra Beast.

"It's way too strong!" Hau exclaimed.

"How are we going to beat it?!" Riku asked.

"With Silvally!" Gladion said. "Go, Silvally! Multi-Attack!" Silvally obeyed and attacked Nihilego. The Ultra Beast didn't respond and attacked Silvally. Once the chimera Pokémon was beaten, it set it's sights on Lillie. She stood there scared as it went for her.

"No! Don't you touch my daughter!" Lusamine yelled as the Ultra Beast grabbed her instead. Nihilego started to drag Lusamine back with it as Everyone was shocked at the sight; no more than Gladion and Lillie.

"Mother!" Gladion and Lillie both exclaimed.

"Lusamine!" Riku also exclaimed.

"No!" Faba yelled. "This isn't how it was supposed to turn out!"

"Mother! Mother!" Lillie yelled out to her mother.

"Gladion! Lillie!" Lusamine called back to her children. Nihilego went through the wormhole just before it closes.

"NO!" Riku screamed as he punched the ground in anger. "No, no, no, no, no!"

"Mother!" Gladion yelled with tears streaming from his eyes.

"MOMMY!" Lillie also screamed crying.

(Back to the present)

"Jeez," Sora said in disbelief.

"Pikachu," Pikachu also said in disbelief.

Kairi didn't say anything as she had both her hands over mouth with tears flowing from her eyes as a mother sacrificing herself to save her daughter.

"Riku promised us both that he'll do everything he could to help to save our mother," Gladion said. "But he knew we couldn't do it alone. So he got Illima and the others involved."

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Riku explained to his classmates to what happened. Riku wasn't surprised to see the shocked expressions on his friend's faces.

Professor Kukui, Professor Burnet and his class made it to Poni Island and to the Altar of the Sunne and Moone.

Lillie had changed from her usual dress and into a white sailor-like shirt with a blue ribbon and a very short white miniskirt with a light blue line. She stops wearing her hat, instead restyling her hair as a ponytail tied together with a braid. She also wears a pink backpack with a white ribbon and white penny loafers with white ankle socks.

"This is it," Kiawe said.

"The Altar of the Sunne and Moone," Illima said.

"Incredible," Lana said.

The group made it to the altar.

"How are we gonna enter it?" Hau asked.

"I do not know, I'm afraid," Burnet sadly admitted.

"So we're just drawing a big blank here," Sophocles said.

"That can't be good," Mallow sighed.

"Uh-huh," Mina said shaking her head.

It didn't take long before Tapu Koko and the other three suddenly appeared. One has a black upper body and head with a few small white markings. Its eyes are blue with a pink line through the middle of each iris. Below each eye is a curved white line and above each is a curved pink line separated into three segments. On its upper body is another, thicker curved white line. Its thin arms have digit-less hands and puffy pink bracelets on each wrist. On top of its head is a mass of dark pink, tentacle-like hair. Two longer strands of hair frame its face. Encasing its dark pink lower body and on top of its head is a shell resembling an insect. Its shell is primarily light pink. The portion on top of its head is conical with a white diamond marking in the center and a white half-diamond marking below that. Both diamond shapes are framed with black. The shell around its lower body mirrors these diamond markings and has an additional half-diamond on the back. On each side is a hexagon marking consisting of five dark pink triangle and one light pink triangle all outlined in black. These resemble thecompound eyesof many insects. There are also projections on the back of the shell that resemble butterfly wings and a small black bump on the bottom similar to a curledproboscis. When closed, the shell resembles a bug's head with small wings. Another has a bulky, black body with thick arms and no legs. It has blue eyes with an orange line across each iris. Under each eye is a red line divided into three segments with a smaller, white line below that. There is a short white line above each eye. In the middle of its face a what appears to be a golden nose similar to a bull's snout. There a white ring through the nostrils of the nose. On each side of its face is a thick white line that curves upward at the outer tip. There are red rings around its shoulders and golden, cloven hooves at the end of its arms. Its tail is mostly covered in a golden bell with two thin black rings around the top and a wavy black line around the bottom. A tuft of fur is just visible inside the bell. On top of its head is a pair curved, black horns. Each horn has a thick yellow marking near the tip and half of a wooden shell attached to it. Its shell is primarily red with white and yellow markings thickly bordered by a muted black. The shell itself resembles a flower or plant when open; when closed, the horns shift to the sides and it takes on the appearance of a bull. The top of each half is slightly thicker than the bottom, which gives the "bull" a slightly protruding brow. At the bottom of each half is a white rectangle with a muted black triangle at the bottom. Above the rectangles are two triangular markings; the top triangle slightly overlaps a larger, yellow triangle. Behind and just touching the yellow triangle is a tiny, white rectangle that creates the "bull's" eyes. The side has a single, tiny yellow triangle marking. And the fourth one has a black body shaped similarly to amermaidor fish. It has light blue eyes, white eyelids, and a light blue, fin-like marking around the outer corner of each eye. It has a white T-shaped marking on its forehead and a small, white V-shape on its chest. Around its shoulders are segmented purple rings and its long thin arms have webbed hands with three fingers. Each finger is tipped with a purple claw. On the front of its lower body is a light blue, fin-like projection with three spikes. It also has light blue fins on top of its head that resemble long, flowing hair. Its main body resides inside a violet shell that resembles aswordfishhead when closed. The top half of the shell has a fin with light blue webbing on top and a thin, pointed spine on the front. On each side of the top shell are two C-shaped markings facing each other to form a rough circle. One marking is white and one is light blue, but both are outlined in black. These markings form the "eye" of the swordfish. Along the edges of both shell halves are a series of white triangles with black outlines.

"Tapu Koko," Riku said in surprise.

"Along with Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Fini," Mallow said.

"All four Island Guardians are here," Professor Kukui said in awe.

"They've must have come to our aid," Professor Burnet assumed.

"And I think I know how," Riku said as he took Nebby out of his backpack. "Here is Cosmeom. It dosen't make a sound or move around or anything else. The only thing it does is float around."

The Four Island Guardians nodded as Nebby floated in the center if the altar as they began their ritual. They waited for what seems to be hours when a beam of light hits the Cosmeom causing the Pokémon to evolve. Nebby was now a Solgaleo.

"No way," Riku said in disbelief.

"Eevee," Eevee also said in disbelief.

(Back to the present)

Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu were dumbfounded by this bit of information.

"Nebby opened the Ultra Wormhole and we went in to find mother," Lillie said. "And that's when we were in for a nasty surprise."

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

Riku and Eevee, riding on Solgaleo's back along with Gladion, Lillie and the rest of their classmates made into Ultra Space only to find who they were looking for and more.

It was Lusamine, but she had merged with the Ultra Beast Nihilego. The outside is dark-colored with her upper torso in the bell, her legs hanging out of the body, and several eyes on her tentacles with gem-shaped pupils.

"Is that-?" Riku questioned.

"No way," Hau said in shock.

"Eevee," Eevee said terrified.

"Mother!" Gladion and Lillie exclaimed.

(Back to the present)

Sora and Kairi were extremely shocked to hear their mother had merged with a Nihilego.

"No way," Sora said shaking his head.

"Pika," Pikachu said in shock.

"Oh..." Kairi said in shock.

"What happened after that?" Sora asked.

"We battled mother's Pokémon, but they were too much for us," Gladion said. "But in the end, it was Lillie who talked some sense into her.

(Flashback, One Year Ago)

"Mother! Please try to fight back!" Lillie called out to her mother.

"Lillie..." Lusamine responded.

"Yes, it's me, Lillie!" she said. "And Gladion too!"

"Lillie, I..." Lusamine tried to fight back, but the Ultra Beast kept taking control. "Get away from me!"

"Why are you running away?" Lillie asked.

"Because you keep chasing after me!" The possessed Lusamine snarled at her. The Ultra Beast tries to keep Lillie away by forming rocks to stop her.

"You know what? I hate you!" Lillie yelled making the possessed Lusamine stop as she's shocked to hear what she just said. "You treat me nothing more than a little baby! But you're the one whose acting like a baby! A selfish totally immature child! That's why that Ultra Beast is taking control of you! The way you're acting now, you're not really my mother! My mother has been researching Ultra Beasts even before my brother and I were even born. But my mother is a strong woman. And what about you? You're nothing more than a weak puppet. You can't even move. But if you're really my mother, you could come out of there all by yourself. So prove to me that you're my mother!"

"Li-Li-Lillie," the real Lusamine spoke as she reach her hand to her daughter. She tried to get loose only for Nihilego to keep the hold on her solid. "No! Stop fighting back! I am everything you want to be!" Nihulego said speaking through Lusamine's body. "No! You are not me! And you will never be me! So get out of my body now!" Lusamine screamed as she fought hard to separate herself from Nihilego. Riku and Gladion ran up to Lusamine and pull her out. She was covered with purplish black goo and the Nihilego that took her had fled.

"Mother?" Lillie cried.

"Mother," Gladion said.

Lusamine was unconscious.

"Mother! Please wake up! Please don't die!" Lillie pleaded.

Lusamine regained consciousness as she saw both her kids in tears.

"Gladion... Lillie..." Lusamine said embracing them both. "Please don't cry! Please don't cry!"

"Are you okay, mother?" Gladion asked.

"Y-yes," Lusamine said weakly. "It felt like I was having a bad dream. What happened?"

"It's a very long story," Riku said. "And you may not like how it ends."

(Back to the present)

Right over to Riku, Naminé, Eevee and Hau, Naminé was in awe by the tale the two boys had shared.

"Whatever happened to Nebby afterwards?" Naminé asked.

"Nebby stayed in Ultra Space after the whole incident," Riku said. "Things went back to normal and we all graduated from the Pokémon School several months later. And that's when Eevee and I started to travel together."

"I'll have to admit, that was an interesting story," Naminé said.

"I traveled throughout the Kanto region myself," Hau said. "But when I met Sora, Kairi and our old classmates, I was surprised to hear that you're here too."

Riku, Naminé, and Eevee smiled a bit. Riku put his arm around Naminé as she blushed.

Sora and Kairi found it hard to believe that Lillie said such a thing. But they were happy for them since their mother was brought back safe and sound.

"What happened to Nebby?" Kairi asked.

"Nebby stayed home in Ultra Space," Lillie said sadly. "But I had to admit that I was pretty sad to say goodbye to Nebby." Lillie's eyes filled with tears.

Unknown to the four kids and the Pokémon, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., Munchlax, and the rest of the Alolan nine were all listening to the story. The six kids were shocked and amazed by the story they heard, but the eight other kids smiled at the memories and they all had tears in their eyes.

"That's quite a story," Kairi said.

"Pika, Pi," Pikachu said.

"Yeah," Sora agreed. "Why are you telling us this?"

"I have this reason: when I looked at you; you remind me of Riku," Gladion admitted.

"I remind of you of Riku?" Sora asked.

"I want to see what he sees in you with my own eyes," Gladion said.

Sora thought for a moment. He looked at both Gladion and Silvally.

"Okay, Gladion. You're on!" Sora accepted the challenge.

Sora and Gladion shook each other's hands agreeing to the battle.

Suddenly a sneeze is heard and all four turn to see their friends there.

"Guys?!" Sora exclaimed. Sora figured that everyone was there listening to the story being told by the siblings; so he had to ask. "How long were you standing there and how much did you hear?"

"Pretty much for as long as the part of Ultra Beasts, Nebby, and everything else," Takuya admitted.

"And that thing," JP pitched in pointing at Silvally.

They all knew the cat was out of the bag.

"I never expected any of you to see it," Gladion said.

Everyone got together for the battle about to start. Gladion looked right at Sora and Pikachu and he could see the same determination as Riku and Eevee.

"How many do you want to go?" Sora asked.

"Four on four," Gladion said.

"Fine with me," Sora agreed to the terms. Gladion took out a Pokéball.

"Crobat! Go!" Gladion called out as he threw it. The Pokéball lets out a Crobat as it is flying around in the air. Sora looked at Pikachu. "You up for it?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded.

"Go for it!" Sora said as Pikachu entered the battle.

"Pikachu really has an advantage since being an Electric Type, right?" Tommy asked.

"Right, Tommy," Takuya answered.

"But don't count Gladion and Crobat out," Kiawe said. "Gladion is a tough opponent to beat. Sora won't find it easy."

"Crobat! Cross Poison!" Gladion called out as Crobat used its wings to attack. Crobat's emitted poison on the wings.

"Pikachu, dodge it!" Sora called out as Pikachu avoided the move. "Electro Ball!"

Pikachu's tail formed a ball of electricity and he fired it at the bat Pokémon.

"Dodge it," Gladion said as Crobat moved aside. "Venoshock!" Crobat fired a a purple poisonous liquid from its mouth and it hits Pikachu dead on. "Move in with Brave Bird!" Crobat pulls its wings back and dives down at Pikachu like a missle, and its body burns with a blue aura as Crobat pulls its wings out slamming into Pikachu. Pikachu is sent falling back, but Crobat takes some recoil damage. "Cross Poison again!" Crobat obeyed as it crossed its wings to attack.

"Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered as Pikachu ran passed Crobat making the attack miss. "Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired the electric attack at the bat Pokémon. Crobat wasn't done yet.

"Crunch now!" Gladion ordered as Crobat flew towards Pikachu to land a strong bite.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out as Pikachu jumped out of the way in time. "Hit it with Iron Tail!"

"Pika!" Pikachu hits Crobat hard as Crobat is down and out.

"Way to go, Pikachu!" Sora said.

"That's the way, Sora!" Kairi cheered for her boyfriend. "Keep it up!" Gladion calls Crobat back to its Pokéball.

"Impressive Sora," Gladion said. "You did great! But let's see how you handle this one! Umbreaon! Go!" Gladion took out another Pokéball and threw it letting out his black fox-like Pokémon. Sora took out his Pokédex and analyzed Gladion's Pokémon.

Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokémon

An evolved form of Eevee

Type: Dark

Umbreon evolved as a result of exposure to the moon's waves. It hides silently in darkness and waits for its foes to make a move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack.

Sora looked at the Umbreon and didn't doubt how strong it is. He looked at Pikachu and figured he took such heavy damage from that Brave Bird.

"Okay, Pikachu, come on back," Sora said as Pikachu returned to his trainer and pulled out a Pokéball and threw it. "Okay, Vulpix! Let's go!" Pokéball let's Vulpix out.

"Vulpix!"

"Umbreon! Use Shadow Ball!" Gladion ordered as Umbreon fired the ball of shadow at the fox Pokémon.

"Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Sora called out as Vulpix ran as Shadow Ball missed. "Flame Burst!" Vulpix formed a big fireball and fired it at the Dark Type Eeveelution.

"Block it with Shadow Ball!" Gladion ordered as Umbreon fired the Shadow Ball resulting in a small explosion. "Now use Dark Pulse!" Umbreaon fired the attack right at Vulpix from its mouth. Vulpix didn't have any time to dodge the attack as it came too quick, knocking the little fox out. Sora called Vulpix back to her Pokéball.

"That was awesome, Gladion!" Sora complemented. "What else you've got."

"You will see," Gladion said calling Umbreon back. He pulls out an Ultra Ball and throws it "Lycanroc! Go!" The Ultra Ball lets out a Midnight Form Lycanroc.

"So he has a Midnight Lycanroc too," Sora said in his thoughts. "And I know who to use." Sora pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Bulbasaur! Go!" The Pokéball unleashes his Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur!"

"So using a Grass Type against my Lycanroc, are you?" Gladion asked. "That's a very smart move you're making. But your Bulbasaur isn't a match against my Lycanroc."

Sora remembered when he battled Riku's Lycanroc, and that one was nothing to sneeze at. And he beat Bulbasaur.

"Okay, Bulbasaur! Start up with Tackle!" Sora called as Bulbasaur charged at the wolf Pokémon. Lycanroc stood there letting the opponent. Just as Bulbasaur got close...

"Counter!" Gladion called as Lycanroc gave a powerful hit to Bulbasaur. "Now use Crunch!" Lycanroc moved in to give Bulbasaur a strong bite.

"Vine Whip!" Sora called out as Bulbasaur hits Lycanroc hard with his vines. "Now fire Razor Leaf!" Bulbasaur fired a huge barrage of leaves at Lycanroc. There were too much leaves coming and Lycanroc fell to the ground beaten. Gladion calls his Lycanroc back.

"Not bad," Gladion said looking at Silvally. "Are you ready, my friend?" Silvally nodded as the synthetic Pokémon entered the battle. Kairi, Takuya, and his friends wondered how strong is this artificial Pokémon. Sora calls Bulbasaur and drew out one last Pokéball.

"Try this on for size! Primeape! Go!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting Primeape out wearing the championship belt of the P-1 Grand Prix.

"I take it that you beat Riku's Incineroar with Primeape," Gladion assumed.

"It is. Gotta admit that his Incineroar was a tough one," Sora said. "Now lets see how good is Silvally." Gladion gave a small smirk.

"You will soon find out," Gladion said pulling out a cyan disc. "Silvally! Take the Flying Memory!" Gladion threw the disc right at Silvally making it change color. It gave a indigo color. "Now you're a Flying Type". That took Sora completely off guard.

"What was that?" Sora questioned.

Kairi, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP didn't know how to react to that.

"What was that disc he just threw at Silvally?" Kairi asked.

"That was a Memory Disc," Lillie said. "Gladion has one for each Type. Silvally becomes that exact type when a memory is inserted. Sora will really have a hard time with this one." Kairi didn't doubt what she just said. How will Sora pull through.

"Now matter what Type it is, I'm not backing away! You game, Primeape?" Sora called out as Primeape nodded. "Great! Move in with Brick Break!" Primeape moved in to deliver a strong chop at Silvally.

"Sikvally! Air Slash!" Gladion ordered as Silvally fired Air Slash at the pig monkey Pokémon. That was a super-effective hit on Primeape's part. "Now use Multi-Attack!"

"Primeape! Move out of the way!" Sora called, but it was too late. Silvally bombarded a series of attacks on Primeape. "Now finish it with Crush Claw!" Silvally swung its claw at Primeape, hitting him hard. Primeape was definitely down and out. Sora ran up to Primeape helping him up. "You okay, Primeape?" Primeape nodded as he didn't last very long. "Don't sweat it. You should rest up for a while." Sora called Primeape back as he looked at Gladion calling Silvally back to its Premiere Ball.

"Your battling skills are impressive," Gladion said. "But your Primeape never stood a chance against Silvally. But I could see what Riku saw in you." Gladion smiled as he held out his hand. Sora smiled and shook Gladion's hand.

"You're no slouch either," Sora said shaking his hand. Kairi and Lillie looked at those two, knowing that they had became both friends and rivals. Everyone went off for bed, but Gladion had taken off once again to continue his own journey. Sora and his friends continued on with their journey as Sora's next Gym battle is just around the corner. Sora had to come with a plan with how to win.