Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Sabrina's Psychic Showdown ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 40: Sabrina's Psychic Showdown

Before we start this fic, I would like to say that I am going to introduce Tai and Kari in this chapter and the rest of the 01/02 DigiDestined will be introduced in the next one. Also I'm thinking of changing Sora Takenouchi's name to Sara. The reason is, I want to avoid confusion not only myself, but the readers too. What do you think? And now on with the chapter!

It took the group several hours, but they had finally reached Saffron City.

"There it is!" Sora said. "Saffron City. We finally made it!"

"This place is amazing!" Lana said.

"So this where the Gym is located," Takuya said.

"We should head down to the Pokémon Center before we do head on over," Kairi said.

"Good idea," Sora agreed. "Let's go!"

"Hold it!" a new voice called out from behind. They all turned to see a young man with long black hair wearing a green trench coat. "Which of you is going to challenge the Gym Leader Sabrina?"

"That'll be me," Sora answered. "Why?"

"Before you go anywhere, I request a battle with you," the young man said. "I wish to test your strength. Three Pokémon each!"

"Okay, you're on!" Sora said accepting his challenge.

"Is anyone surprised by the fact that Sora had accepted a challenge right off the bat?" Kiawe asked.

"Not really," Kairi said. "But you all know I'll always root for him."

The Alolan nine chuckled a bit as Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax were watching another battle get started. The young man levitated a Pokéball in front of him.

"Abra go," the young man letting out a golden-brown, human-like fox Pokémon with three fingers and toes on both arms and legs. Its eyes being closed looking like it's asleep. Its shoulders are brown. It has a long tail with a brown stripe and has three fingers on each hand and three claws with the third being at the heel. Sora was curious about this Pokémon and scanned it.

Abra, the Psi Pokémon

Type: Psychic

Abra sleeps for eighteen hours a day. However, it can sense the presence of foes even while it is sleeping. In such a situation, this Pokémon immediately teleports to safety.

Sora knew better than underestimate a Pokémon that looks asleep since his battle with Hau's Komala. Sora thought for a moment before he made his choice.

"Okay, Charmander! Go for it!" Sora said taking out Charmander's Pokéball and throwing it letting Charmander out.

"Charmander!"

"He has a Charmander too!" Tommy shouted out.

"And it looks like a tough one," JP added.

"Well Charmander should he raised him," Kiawe said.

Takuya looked at Sora's Charmander with interest since he reminded him of his Charmander, Aguni.

"Okay Charmander! Start things up with Slash!" Sora ordered as Charmander leapt towards the Psychic Type.

"Teleport!" The young man ordered as Abra teleported out of the way before Charmander could land a hit. Abra reappeared behind Charmander. He turned around to see Abra standing on its feet. "Thunder Punch!" Abra gave Charmander an electrifying punch on the face.

"Charmander! Fight back with Fire Fang!" Sora called out as Charmander rushed to Abra.

"Teleport again!" Abra's trainer ordered as Abra teleported again and reappeared to another place. "Shock Wave!" Abra let out a bolt of blue lightning at Charmander landing a hit. Sora had to get his head in the game; then he figured out everytime Sora ordered Charmander, Abra uses Teleport. That gave him an idea.

"Move in with Slash again!" Sora called out.

"Again?!" Koji called out.

"What is he trying to do?" Zoe asked.

Kairi and the Alolan nine wondered about that as well. Takuya was quiet as he watched. Sora's opponent smirked.

"How predictable. Abra! Teleport!" the young man ordered as Abra used Teleport again. Sora smirked as well confusing his opponent as he wondered what he was smiling about. Abra reappeared behind Charmander again.

"Gotcha! Dragon Claw!" Charmander quickly landed a brutal blow to Abra making its trainer gasp in horror. Kairi, the Alolan nine, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP were surprised by the strike on Abra.

"How did he do that?!" Tommy exclaimed.

"Sora must have found Abra's weakness," Illima said.

"What do you mean?" Koji asked.

"Everytime Sora tried to attack, Abra uses Teleport to make Charmander miss making a temporary retreat," Illima said. "Now Charmander has the edge on Abra."

"It's just like him to make a bounce," Mallow said.

"It sure is!" Lana added.

"That was good on your part," he said. "But it's not over yet! Abra! Thunder Punch!" Abra levitated towards Charmander to land a critical hit only for the attack to miss.

"Flamethrower! Full Power!" Sora called out as Charmander launched a powerful Flamethrower at Abra. Abra didn't get to teleport in time for attack to land a hit. Abra fell to ground cooked to perfection. "TOASTY!" Sora joked.

"Char, Char!" Charmander shouted.

JP, Tommy, Mime Jr., and Munchlax laughed at the joke as Sora's opponent called Abra back.

"Get some rest, my friend," he said. "You deserve a good long one." He looked at Sora. "Very impressive, I admit. Not many of my opponents could seen through that like you did. But here's my second Pokémon. Slowpoke!" He brought another Pokéball using his telekinesis and hurling it letting out a pink four-legged Pokémon with a goofy expression. It had a tail with a white tip. Sora took out his Pokédex to get information on this Pokémon.

Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon

Type: Water/Psychic

Slowpoke uses its tail to catch prey by dipping it in water at the side of a river. However, this Pokémon often forgets what it's doing and often spends entire days just loafing at water's edge.

"Dosen't look like a Water Type. And it does look dopey and goofy," Sora said in his thoughts. "But I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. He pulled Charmander's Pokéball and called Charmander back. "Okay, Charmander, return!" He looked over to Pikachu. "You ready to go, Pikachu?"

"Pi, Pika, Pikachu!" Pikachu said as he entered the battle.

"Using a Pikachu against my Slowpoke because of Types. Clever," the young man said. "But predictable."

"Is that so?" Sora asked sarcastically. "Pikachu! Thunderbolt, let's go!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired the attack as Slowpoke stood there with a goofy grin.

"Confusion," the young man ordered as Slowpoke's eyes glowed reflecting the electric attack. "Now use Trick Room!" Slowpoke's eyes glowed blue as Slowpoke created a cubic box around Pikachu and Slowpoke.

"What is this?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Pika?!" Pikachu also exclaimed.

"Now Slowpoke! Water Pulse!" Slowpoke moved fast catching Sora's friends off guard at the sudden speed. Slowpoke formed a giant ball of water and sends towards Pikachu.

"Try to get away!" Sora called out. Pikachu tried to run, but the Water Pulse came too fast for Pikachu to get away.

"Pikachu!" Kairi gasped at the sight.

"Now use Zen Headbutt!" the young man ordered as Slowpoke's eyes glowed blue and charged at Pikachu with its head glowing blue as well.

"That was very impressive," Illima said.

"What was that about?" Sophocles asked.

"Trick Room makes slow moving Pokémon like Slowpoke move faster than normal," Lillie said. "It'll keep going until it wears off." Kairi looks over to Sora worried.

"Please pull through, Sora," Kairi said in her thoughts. Sora looked at the walls and got an another idea.

"Pikachu!" Sora called out. "Use Thunderbolt again, but this time aim for the walls!"

The young man gasped as he knew what Sora was trying to do.

"Slowpoke! Stop Pikachu with Zen Headbutt!" the young man ordered making Slowpoke stop Pikachu from attacking. Pikachu let out Thunderbolt to all the walls. Slowpoke landed the hit, but it didn't stop the walls to crack. As soon as Pikachu hits the walls, Trick House shatters completely, making Sora have the edge in speed again.

"Now fire Electro Ball!" Sora ordered as Pikachu threw a ball of electricity hitting Slowpoke hard. "Thunderbolt!" Pikachu shocked Slowpoke good knocking the pink Pokémon out. He called Slowpoke back.

"You're smarter than I thought," the young man said. "But will you stand up to my last Pokémon?" He levitated his third Pokéball and throws it. "Join the fun, Kadabra!" The Pokéball opens to reveal a Pokémon similar to Abra, but taller and is holding a spoon. It has three markings on the belly and a star marking on the forehead and a long mustache. Sora pulled out his Pokédex to get information on this Pokémon.

Kadabra, the Psi Pokémon

The evolved form of Abra

Type: Psychic

Kadabra holds a silver spoon in its hand. The spoon is used to amplify the alpha waves in its brain. Without the spoon, the Pokémon is said to be limited to half the usual amount of its telekinetic powers.

"I can bet that Kadabra is stronger than Abra," Sora said in his thoughts. "Okay Pikachu! Come back!" Pikachu obeyed by returning to his trainer's side and took another Pokéball and throws it. "Squirtle! Let's go!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle shouted.

"Okay, Squirtle! Use Aqua Jet!" Sora said as Squirtle launched like a torpedo at Kadabra.

"Kadabra! Teleport!" Kadabra teleports out of the way. "Fire Psybeam!" Kadabra fired Psybeam as soon as it reappeared.

"Dodge it with Aqua Jet!" Sora ordered as Squirtle does that. "Now fire Water Gun!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle fired Water Gun, hitting Kadabra, sending it back.

"Hit it with Aqua Tail!" Sora ordered as Squirtle swung his tail at Kadabra.

"Block with Confusion!" the young man ordered making Squirtle's tail stop completely. "Now use Psybeam!" Kadabra fired Psybeam hitting Squirtle hard.

"Use Aqua Jet!" Sora called out. Squirtle launched towards Kadabra. Squirtle came too fast for Kadabra to dodge or teleport. The force of the attack makes Kadabra drop its spoon. "Now, one more Aqua Tail!" Squirtle swung at Kadabra in a similar fashion as Pikachu when Sora battled Onix and struck Kadabra knocking the telepathic Pokémon out. The young man called Kadabra back and applauded him.

"You are more impressive than I anticipated. But you will not be a match for Sabrina," the young man said as he took his leave.

Sora wasn't sure if that guy was trying to psyche Sora out with that taunt, but he didn't let that scare him off.

It didn't take the group long to reach the Pokémon Center. Sora had checked his Pokémon to Nurse Joy as Sora was going over his strategy for the upcoming battle. As soon as his Pokémon were at a hundred percent, he accessed his Pokédex and exchanged Bulbasaur, Vulpix, and Primeape for Dartrix, Butterfree, and Haunter. Sora is joined by Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, and Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax as Sora get started training.

Unknown to Sora, he was being watched from afar by a lightly tanned boy with large spiky hair, bigger than Sora's hair. He wore a green shirt under a blue T-shirt with a yellow border on the top, a yellow triangle on each sleeve, and a yellow triangle in the middle, which is cut by a yellow line. He also wore yellow wristbands on his hands, light brown shorts, gray socks, and blue and yellow sneakers with white soles.

With him is a girl with short brown hair and eyes. She had a red hair clip on the left and wore a sleeveless white and pink turtlenecked shirt, pink fingerless opera gloves with an oval cut from the top of the palms, yellow shorts with a brown belt, white stockings, and pink and gray boots with black soles. She carries a digital camera hanging from a yellow cord from her neck. And they had a Persian with them.

Sora called out Butterfree, Dartrix, and Haunter to get started.

"Okay, guys. Your opponents this time will be Psychic Type Pokémon; so Bug and Ghost Types are the best way to go," Sora stated as he looked over to Butterfree. "We can start by getting you to learn to use Silver Wind." Sora looked over Dartrix and Haunter. "We can practice with your Ominous Wind since it's a Ghost Type move. And Haunter, we try practicing your Shadow Ball! You guys ready?"

"Ree!" Butterfree chirped.

"Haunter!" Haunter said with a thumbs up.

"Who!" Dartrix hooted.

"That's good to hear!" Sora exclaimed. "Let's do it!"

Sora's friends watched on as Sora had Butterfree practice with Silver Wind by using Gust. Haunter spared with Dartrix as he became invisible and surprised Dartrix from time to time. The two other kids watched on. The boy with the big hair was especially interested in Sora.

"He looks good by the way he handles his Pokémon," he said in his thoughts. "I wonder how good he is when I battle him."

The girl started to take a few pictures.

"Okay, Butterfree! Try Silver Wind!" Sora called out as Butterfree flapped his wings fast, but it just comes out as Gust. "Try again! Silver Wind!" Butterfree tried again to learn Silver Wind, but Butterfree flapped so hard he accidentally blew Mime Jr. away. "Mime Jr!"

"Mime!" Mime Jr. shouted as it went in the direction of the two kids watching Sora. Sora ran towards the two kids. The girl catches the little Pokémon in her arms.

"Sorry about that," Sora said. "My Butterfree was trying to learn Silver Wind and that Mime Jr. got caught in the wind." Sora chuckled nervously at the pun.

"That's okay," the boy said. "It was a good thing we were nearby."

"And I know you wouldn't hurt this little cutie on purpose," the girl said. The Persian purrs in agreement. Sora takes a look at the Persian next to the girl and scans the cat Pokémon.

Persian, the Classy Cat Pokémon

The evolved form of Meowth

Type: Normal

Persian has six bold whiskers that give it a look of toughness. The whiskers sense air movements to determine what is in the Pokémon's surrounding vicinity. It becomes docile if grabbed by the whiskers.

"So Meowth's evolved form, huh?" Sora said putting his Pokédex away. Sora couldn't help but imagine how Meowth would turn out if he had evolved into a Persian. "You okay, Mime Jr?"

"Mime, Mime, Mime," Mime Jr. nodded.

"That's great," Sora said.

"So which one you does this little one belong to?" the girl asked.

"Well none of us actually," Kairi said. "He and this Munchlax are really wild Pokémon following these six around."

"It's true," Takuya said.

"Well anyway, my name is Tai and this is my little sister Kari," he introduced.

"Hi there!" Kari beamed. "And this is our Persian Miko!"

"I'm Sora Ketchum and this my girlfriend Kairi and these are my Pokémon: Pikachu, Butterfree, Haunter, and Dartrix," Sora introduced.

"Hello," Kairi greeted.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Haunter."

"Who."

"Ree!"

"My name's Lillie."

I am Illima."

"I'm Lana."

"My name's Mallow."

"I'm Kiawe."

"Mine's Sophocles."

"My name's Acerola."

"I'm Mina."

"The name's Hapu."

"I'm Takuya."

"I'm Koji and this is my brother Kouichi."

"Hi there," Kouichi greeted.

"My name's Tommy."

"I'm JP."

"Mime Jr."

"Munchlax."

"It's good to meet you," Tai said shaking Sora's hand.

Kari bent over to Pikachu and smiled.

"Your Pikachu is such a little cutie," Kari said petting Pikachu liking Kari's touch.

"Sora did a great job raising him," Kairi said.

"So what are you up to?" Tai asked.

"Just training for my match against the Saffron City Gym Leader," Sora said.

"So, you're battling Sabrina?" Tai asked.

"Yeah," Sora answered.

"That explains a lot," Kari said.

"Say, Ketchum," Tai said to Sora. "How about after you win your Gym battle, you and me have a battle."

"You are on, Tai," Sora said.

"Hey! Hold on!" Takuya stepped in. "He owes me a battle! You'll have to wait in line! I challenged him first!"

Sora and Tai laughed.

"Here we go again," Kari deadpanned.

"Your brother is always like that?" Kairi asked.

"I could ask about your boyfriend," Kari said. "But I could bet that those two will hit it off pretty well."

Kairi didn't doubt that as she nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, you're right," Kairi said.

"But do you think your boyfriend will win?" Kari asked.

"Sora had already won five Gym Badges. But I'll admit I'm not without worry," Kairi told Kari.

"Are you kidding?" Tommy asked. "I know he'll win! He has five Gym Badges! He won the P-1 Grand Prix!"

"You are correct, Tommy," Illima said. "But you must remember that Gym Leaders are strong trainers. Sora had been through some rough battles."

"Illima's right, Tommy," Koji said. "Sora has to focus if he wants to win that badge."

Sora, Tai, and Takuya all looked at each other grinning at one another.

"Okay, Takuya," Tai said. "I'll let you battle Ketchum first. But then it'll be my turn."

"Glad that's settled," Takuya said.

Sora went back to some training on Butterfree. Before he knew it, Butterfree managed finally master Silver Wind. As the name suggested the wind it let out was silver, and the wind sparkled as silver crescents came through the wind. The group as in awe as Butterfree had mastered the move. Kari didn't waste any time snapping a picture. The group headed towards to the Saffon City, but not before Sora took one last look at the siblings.

"Nice meeting you two!" Sora said to Tai and Kari.

"Same here! And no chickening out!" Tai called to him.

"Good luck with your match, Sora!" Kari waved to the group.

Tai stood there smiling watching Sora and his friends head off to the Saffron City Gym.

"Sora Ketchum," Tai said in his thoughts.

The group made it to the Saffon City Gym and entered greeted by a girl wearing a white dress and white hat.

"Welcome. You have come a long way," the girl greeted.

"I have come here to challenge Sabrina to a battle," Sora said.

"Is that so?" the girl asked.

"Yeah that's right," Sora said.

"Before you enter, answer me this; what is your name and how many badges do you have?" the girl asked.

"My name is Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town. And I have five badges," Sora answered.

"So you only need three more," the girl guessed as Sora nodded. "Well then, come this way." She led the group to the Gym's battlefield and they find a slim young woman of medium height. She has long black hair with shorter layers around her face and a fringe and small purple eyes. She wore a a red and black dress with black sleeves yellow cuffs over black tights, and green knee-high boots. She's seems to be sitting in a red and green throne.

"Greetings," the young woman greeted. "I have been expecting you."

Sora and the others were caught off guard by what she said.

"Are you by any chance the Gym Leader?" Sora asked.

"I am. My name is Sabrina; and I take it that you have come to challenge me," Sabrina said standing up levitating herself off the throne.

"That's right! I'm Sora from Pallet Town!" Sora said.

"And I accept your challenge, Sora," Sabrina said. "We shall use five Pokémon each."

"On it!" Sora said accepting the terms. Sora knew that he had a play his cards carefully. He knew she was definitely different from the previous Gym Leaders he battled before, but he had to give it everything he's got and see if his training has paid off. Kairi, the Alolan nine, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax took their seats in bleachers located at the battlefield and the girl acted as the referee.

"The battle between Sabrina, the Gym Leader and Sora, the challenger will soon begin!" she announced. "Both trainers will be using five Pokémon each! Only the challenger will be allowed to make substitutions. The battle is over when all five of either trainer's Pokémon are unable to continue! Now let the battle begin!" Sabrina levitated a Pokéball and threw it.

"Go, Mr. Mime," Sabrina said throwing her Pokéball letting out an anthropomorphic creature, it has a pink head with red cheeks and blue, frizzy hair, a round, white body with a red spot in the middle, light-pink arms and legs are connected to its body by red spheres, white, five-fingered hands, and black feet that curl upward at the tips. Sora took his Pokédex and pointed at the Pokémon.

Mr. Mime, the Barrier Pokémon

The evolved form of Mime Jr.

Type: Psychic/Fairy

Mr. Mime is a master of pantomime. Its gestures and motions convince watchers that something unseeable actually exists. Once the watchers are convinced, the unseeable thing exists as if it were real.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and pulls out a Pokéball as he gets ready to make his first move. Over to the group.

"Dosen't Mime Jr. evolve into Mr. Mime?" Tommy asked.

"Yes it does," Lillie answered. "That's after it learns how to use Mimic."

"I wonder what kind of tricks she has in store for Sora," Lana said with concern.

"I don't know. But the looks of that Mr. Mime dosen't seem to be good for Sora," Illima said. Kairi watched Sora as she had to remain confident that Sora will win the battle.

"First up is Butterfree!" Sora said as he threw the Pokéball. Butterfree was let out as Butterfree swirls around the battlefield.

"So you have come prepared. Using a Bug Type against my Psychic Type is a wise move. But will it be enough?" Sabrina commented.

"You'll see. Butterfree! Start up with Silver Wind!" Sora ordered as Butterfree flapped his wings pretty fast as firing silver crescents towards Mr. Mime.

"Barrier," Sabrina ordered as Mr. Mime formed a protective barrier in front of Mr. Mime. Sora and his friends gasped at that. "Now use Fire Punch."

Mr. Mime's right hand emitted fire as it punched Butterfree on the side causing serious damage.

"That must be how she deals with Bug Types," Illima said. "Impressive defense."

"It sure us," Kiawe said.

"But I doubt Sora is gonna let that stop him," Hapu said.

Kairi and the rest of the Alolan nine agreed to that as Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax all watched on.

"Shake it off, Butterfree! Come out fighting! Psybeam!" Sora called out as Butterfree fired Psybeam towards Mr. Mime.

"Barrier again," Sabrina ordered making Mr. Mime form the barrier again. "Now use Double Slap."

Mr. Mime moved towards Butterfree and slapped Butterfree silly. Sora didn't like how it was coming out, so he called Butterfree back. "Return, Butterfree!" He put Butterfree's Pokéball away and pulled out another. "Dartrix! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball as it lets out Dartrix. "Okay, Dartrix! Ominous Wind!" Dartrix flapped his wings as the ghostly wind blows on the battlefield. Mr. Mime gets hit by the wind just as it comes too fast for Mr. Mime to block it with a barrier. "Now fire Razor Leaf!" Dartrix fires Razor Leaf towards Mr. Mime as it set up the barrier just in time. Sora seems to noticed that everytime Mr. Mime was getting more and exhausted setting up barriers. They must use up some of its energy. And that gave him an idea. "Okay, Dartrix! Use Leaf Blade now!" Dartrix obeyed as Dartrix's tail feathers were bladed.

"Barrier," Sabrina oredered as Mr. Mime formed the barrier once again. Dartrix dove in with Leaf Blade ready to strike. The attack did hit the Barrier causing it to shatter. "Use Barrier again," Sabrina told her Pokémon. Mr. Mime tried to do so, but it didn't have enough energy to do it, and that was his chance to finish off Mr. Mime.

"Okay, Dartrix! Razor Leaf combined with Ominous Wind!" Sora ordered as Dartrix launched both attacks at the exhausted Mr. Mime. Everyone was amazed by how Sora made a surprising comeback.

"That was amazing!" Zoe said being unable to contain her excitement.

"What just happened?" JP asked. "One minute, Mr. Mime was putting up defenses but suddenly it takes several hits."

"Sora must have noticed how Mr. Mime was getting tired as it was setting up defenses," Acerola said.

"She's right," Kairi said. "I doubt Sabrina could have foreseen that."

Sabrina stood there watching Mr. Mime get hit by the leaves and blown by the wind. The barrier Pokémon falls on its back totally knocked out.

"Mr. Mime is unable to battle! Dartrix, wins!" the girl announced. Sabrina uses her telekinesis to levitate her Pokéball calling Mr. Mime back.

"You have succeeded by defeating my first Pokémon. But we shall see how you handle the next one," Sabrina said as she threw the Pokéball. "Jynx, go." The Pokéball lets out a humanoid Pokémon. The Pokémon strongly resembles a blonde-haired woman with a dark complexion in a flowing, deep-red dress, the bottom of which flows around her, while the top of which has a yellow chest plate with two red circular objects that most closely resemble female breasts, as well as luscious lips on its purple face. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the Pokémon.

Jynx, the Human Shape Pokémon

The evolved form of Smoochum

Type: Ice/Psychic

Jynx walks rhythmically, swaying and shaking its hips as if it were dancing. Its motions are so bouncingly alluring, people seeing it are compelled to shake their hips without giving any thought to what they are doing.

"So an Ice Type, huh?" Sora said putting his Pokédex away and pulling out Dartrix's Pokéball. "Okay Dartrix, return!" Sora said calling Dartrix back and pulling out another Pokéball. "Charmander, it's your turn!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out Charmander.

"Char!" Charmander said entering the battle.

"That's a good call sending Charmander against Jynx," Koji said.

"Sora should have an edge since Charmander is a Fire Type and Jynx is an Ice Type," Kouichi agreed.

"Yeah, but don't count out Jynx just yet," Illima said. "Sabrina may have trained it to deal with Fire Types."

"Charmander! Start up with Flamethrower!" Sora ordered as Charmander fired Flamethrower right at Jynx.

"Block it with Psychic," Sabrina ordered as Jynx's eyes glowed blue and moved its hand sending the attack away. "Lovely Kiss." Jynx walked over to Charmander and picked up the lizard Pokémon and gave him a big kiss on the face. Once Jynx stopped kissing Charmander, he was fast asleep.

"Charmander, wake up!" Sora called out to the sleeping Charmander.

"Now use Mean Look," Sabrina ordered as Jynx's eyes started to glow red and a shadowy image of Jynx's face appears before Charmander. This causes Charmander to wake up and shriek at the sight.

It didn't look good for Sora since he knew that he couldn't call Charmander back as long as Jynx was still in play. He had to take the human shape Pokémon down quickly.

"Charmander! Use Fire Fang!" Sora ordered as Charmander launched towards Jynx as it just stood there again.

"Psychic," Sabrina making Charmander freeze in place and he floats in the air to the range of Jynx's face. "Lovely Kiss." Jynx was moving towards Charmander again to give the little lizard another kiss on the face.

"Charmander! Try to get loose!" Sora called out. But it was no use. The psychic grip was too strong to let go. Charmander was really scared now. As soon as Jynx got close to Charmander to give him another kiss Charmander let out a strong Flamethrower causing Jynx to drop its opponent.

"Charmander broke free!" Tommy shouted.

"Only because Jynx was about to give Charmander another Lovely Kiss," Mallow said. "Sora has a chance now!"

"Now use Dragon Claw!" Sora ordered as Charmander swiped at Jynx with his claws emitting a purple energy. "Now use one more Flamethrower!"

"CHAR!" Charmander fired Flamethrower right at Jynx. The humanoid Pokémon became engulfed in flames as it fell to the ground knocked out.

"Jynx is unable to battle! Charmander wins!" the girl announced.

"And that makes two!" Lana said.

"Sora still has three to deal with," Kairi said. "I wonder what else she has in store for him."

Sabrina called Jynx back as she stood there emotionless. She levitates another Pokéball to her side.

"Very impressive. You have bested two of my Pokémon without losing any one of yours," Sabrina said. "But your luck will soon change. Slowbro, go." She hurls the Pokéball as it lets put a Pokémon that was like Slowpoke, but it was standing on two feet instead of four and it had a tan belly and a tan muzzle. And it had a shell with eyes biting on the tail. The shell appears to have teeth. Sora took out his Pokédex again and pointed at the Pokémon.

Slowbro, the Hermit Crab Pokémon

An evolved form of Slowpoke

Type: Water/Psychic

Slowbro's tail has a Shellder firmly attached with a bite. As a result, the tail can't be used for fishing anymore. This causes Slowbro to grudgingly swim and catch prey instead.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and calls Charmander back.

"Okay, Pikachu. You should have an edge in this since Slowbro is a Water Type like Slowpoke," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded as he understood.

"Give it everything you have. I know you can do it!" Sora said as Pikachu nodded and entered the battle.

"Yes! Sora's sending in Pikachu! Good move!" Sophocles said.

"Yeah, but Slowbro is stronger than the Slowpoke. And I don't think it's going to be easy for Pikachu," Koji said.

"I agree," Illima said. "That Slowpoke Sora battled earlier was nothing to sneeze at. I wonder what kind of nasty surprise she could have in store for him this time."

"I think we're about to find out," Takuya finally spoke.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Okay Pikachu! Start up with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered

"Pika!" Pikachu said running towards the Slowbro.

"Water Pulse," Sabrina ordered as Slowbro formed a ball of water above its head and hurls it at Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Dodge it!" Sora called out as Pikachu tried to do that, but the attack was too powerful to out run. Pikachu got caught in the watery blast.

"Pika!" Pikachu shouted getting hit.

"Pikachu!" Sora shouted out.

"Psychic," Sabrina ordered as Slowbro's eyes glowed blue as Slowbro used its telepathic power to slam Pikachu to the ground.

"Pikachu! Use Electro Ball!" Sora oredered as Pikachu fired Electro Ball right at Slowbro.

"Water Pulse," Sabrina ordered. Slowbro once again formed a ball of water and sends it intercept the electric ball. The two attacks collided causing an explosion. It created a smokescreen around the battlefield. No one could see anything.

Somehow, Sora sensed that Slowbro was close to Pikachu, so head to give the order now.

"Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered as a blast of electricity came through the smoke. Everyone was surprised by the sudden blast; especially Sabrina.

"Impossible," Sabrina said to herself. "How did he do that?"

Once the smoke has cleared, Slowbro was on the ground on its back with swirls at the eyes.

"Slowbro is unable to battle! Pikachu wins!" The girl announced.

"That's three down!" Tommy cheered with joy. "He is so cool!"

"She still has two left," Hapu said.

"And I can bet Sabrina will play for keeps now," Acerola said.

Sabrina called back her Slowbro as she looked at Sora.

"You have done so well, Sora," Sabrina said. "But your luck will run out." She levitated another Pokéball and hurls it to the field. "Go Hypno." The Pokéball lets out a Hypno, but this Hypno had more fur on the collar. Sora looked at Pikachu and decided to give him a rest for a bit.

"Okay, Pikachu! Come on back!" Sora called out to Pikachu.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said running back to Sora's side. Sora gets out Dartrix's Pokéball and throws it.

"Back to action, Dartrix!" Sora said letting Dartrix enter the battle again.

"Dartrix back out," JP said. "Looks like Sora has this in the bag."

"I wouldn't think so," Kiawe said. "That Hypno looks like it's bad news."

"He's right. I have really bad feeling on why Hypno is being called out now," Kairi said feeling afraid.

"Okay, Dartrix! Razor Leaf!" Sora called out as Dartrix fired Razor Leaf right at Hypno.

"Psychic," Sabrina ordered as Hypno used Psychic to block the leaves and send them back to Dartrix. Sora gasped at the sight. "Now use Hypnosis." Hypno swung the pendulum in her hand as Hypno's eyes glowed blue. Dartrix looked right at Hypno and fell right to sleep.

"Dartrix, wake up!" Sora called out, but it was no good. Dartrix was fast asleep.

"Dream Eater," Sabrina said as a ball of energy flew from Dartrix and right towards Hypno. "Finish it with Nightmare." Hypno's eyes glowed red as Hypno raised her arm to Dartrix unleashing black energy from her hand. Once it got to Dartrix. He began to move around in his sleep making sounds, but wakes up screaming as Dartrix falls on his back knocked out.

"Dartrix is unable to battle! Hypno wins!" The girl announced.

Sora was shocked at the sight of the sight. He knew that Hypno was strong just like the first three, but he had to do something about Hypno's Hypnosis.

"What was that about?" Sophocles asked.

"What happened that made Dartrix freak out like that?" Tommy asked.

"That was a Ghost Type move called Nightmare," Acerola explained.

"Nightmare is a terrifying move," Lillie said. "When used, it gives the opponent a nightmare and that causes damage even when asleep."

"I just hope he dosen't lose his cool," Kouichi said.

"Sora will find a way around it," Kairi said. "I'm sure of it." Sora called Dartrix back.

"You gave it your best shot. You should rest up," Sora said putting Dartrix's Pokéball away and pulling out Charmander's Pokéball. "Back to action, Charmander!" Sora throws the Pokéball letting out Charmander. "Okay Charmander! Slash!" Charmander obeyed as he ran towards Hypno with his claw out.

"Hypnosis," Hypno hypnotize Charmander making him fall right asleep once again. Sora knew what was coming next. "Nightmare." Hypno's eyes glowed red again giving Charmander a horrifying nightmare. "Now use Dream Eater." Hypno raised her hand as a blue ball of energy flew right into Hypno's hand. "Finish it with Psychic." Hypno used Psychic to lift Charmander up and throw the lizard Pokémon like a ragdoll. Charmander was down and out.

"Charmander is unable to battle! Hypno wins!" The girl announced.

"Now Sora has three more Pokémon left!" Kairi said.

"That Hypno is stronger than I thought," Illima said.

"There's Butterfree and Pikachu. And Haunter didn't battle yet," Takuya said.

"That Hypno would hypnotize them like Dartrix and Charmander," Zoe said.

"Sora has gotta think of something fast," Kiawe said. Sora took out Butterfree's Pokéball and threw it.

"Butterfree! Back to action!" Sora called out as Butterfree is sent back into battle. "Silver Wind!" Butterfree flapped his wings as silver crescents came towards Hypno.

"Evade it," Sabrina said as Hypno jumped out of the way before the move could land a hit hit.

"Don't let Hypno get away! Bug Buzz!" Sora called out as Butterfree's wings started to vibrate sending soundwaves towards Hypno. Hypno steps aside once more.

"Hypnosis," Sabrina said as Hypno hypnotizes Butterfree.

"Butterfree! Don't look at it!" Sora called out, but too late. Butterfree fell to the ground fast asleep. "Dream Eater. Then follow with Nightmare."

Hypno used Dream Eater first sucking energy from the sleeping butterfly Pokémon. Then Hypno followed with Nightmare. Hypno's eyes glowed red once again and gave Butterfree a nightmare just like Charmander and Dartrix. Butterfree's nightmare did its toll on him as Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax all gasped in horror.

"Butterfree! Wake up!" Sora called out, but Butterfree's nightmare did a number on him.

"Psychic," Sabrina said. Hypno lifted Butterfree and threw him to the ground hard. Butterfree was out now.

"Butterfree is unable to battle! Hypno wins!" The girl announced.

"And that makes three on Sora's part," Mallow said.

"Hypno is doing a number on him," Koji said.

"Sabrina was on the ropes and now she's making a comeback," Takuya said. "What gives?" Kairi thought for a moment then she gave a loud gasp as she just realized something.

"Sabrina was leading Sora to Hypno," Kairi said.

"What?" Hapu asked.

"Why would she do that?" Zoe asked.

"Yeah. What is she planning?" JP also asked.

"Mr. Mime, Jynx, and Slowbro were sent in to slow Sora down at first. Then she saved Hypno as her fourth so that she could knock out his team before they could get to the fifth."

"That makes a lot of sense," Illima said stroking his chin. "It's an impressive strategy, I must say. I doubt Sora will find a way around that."

Lillie, Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, Tommy, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax were definitely afraid now, especially how so very powerful Hypno is over sleep.

"How am I going to beat this?" Sora asked in his thoughts. "Hypno just hypnotizes everyone and uses Dream Eater and Nightmare. Is there anyway to beat it?"

"Pika!" Sora looked down to Pikachu. "Pi, Pika, Pikachu! Chu Pika, Pi, Pikachu!"

"What are you trying to tell me?" Sora asked confused. Pikachu jumped to Sora's backpack and pulls out a red banadana.

"Pika!" Pikachu said holding the bandana in his paw.

"You sure?" Sora asked as Pikachu nodded. "Okay, let's see how it'll turn out." Pikachu reentered the battle still holding the bandana. Kairi, the Alolan nine, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax were confused by what they're looking at.

"What is he planning?" Koji asked.

"I'm not sure," Kiawe answered.

"Could he have an ace up his sleeve?" Acerola asked.

"We'll have to wait and see," Illima said as everyone kept watching.

The group was on the edge of their seats, especially Kairi and Takuya as they watched on.

"Hypnosis," Sabrina said as Hypno performed the attack. And that's what Pikachu was waiting for; he closed his eyes and put on the bandana over his eyes. Hypno stopped when she saw the Hypnosis had no effect. Sabrina was stunned.

"Damn," Sabrina cursed in her thoughts. "He must have found a way around my strategy. We will see how this will go."

Sora smiled at the sight as he now knew what was what.

"Okay Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Sora ordered as Pikachu ran across the battlefield hitting Hypno on the sides.

"Psychic," Sabrina ordered. Hypno tried to do so, but Pikachu was coming to fast as she had trouble trying to focus on the mouse Pokémon.

"Now use Iron Tail!" Sora called out. Pikachu ran to Hypno and swung his tail at Hypno like a blind samurai swinging his sword.

"I knew it! That was what Pikachu was trying to do!" Kairi exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" JP asked.

"What she's saying is Hypnosis is useless when the victim can't see," Illima said. "Sora never ceases to amaze me!"

"How is Pikachu able to hit Hypno like that?" Zoe asked.

"Pikachu can hear and smell Hypno," Lillie said. "Like a rabbit, they use their ears to listen for danger."

"Electro Ball!" Sora ordered as Pikachu fired the electric ball at Hypno, sending the hypnotic Pokémon flying. "Finish it off with Iron Tail!" Pikachu jumped in the air with his tail glowing metallicly and gave Hypno one last swing of the tail. Hypno fell to the ground beaten. Pikachu took off the bandana and handed it back to Sora.

"Hypno is unable to battle! Pikachu wins!" The girl announced.

"He did it! He took out Sabrina's trump card!" Koji said.

"Now she has one Pokémon left," Hapu said.

"I wonder what it is?" Lana questioned.

Sabrina called Hypno back and took the Pokéball in her hand.

"You battled well, my friend," Sabrina said in a kind tone. "You battled well." She looked right at Sora with a slight smile on her face. "You have really impressed me, Sora. Not many could have done what you have accomplished."

Sora chuckled as he scratched the back of his head.

"Thanks, I guess," Sora said.

"But now here is where it gets really serious," Sabrina said as she's levitating her last Pokéball. "Now you will have the privilege of fighting my final and strongest Pokémon. Go, Alakazam."

The Pokéball unleashes an Alakazam, but this Alakazam has a short mustache. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at her Pokémon.

Alakazam, the Psi Pokémon

The evolved form of Kadabra

Type: Psychic

Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and looks at Pikachu.

"You still up for it, buddy?" Sora asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded.

"Then show that Alakazam who's boss!" Sora said.

"Pika!" Pikachu shouted.

Both Alakazam and Pikachu stare into each other's eyes as they are about start battling.

"Okay, Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora called out.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired a powerful Thunderbolt. Alakazam takes the hit as she's electrified.

"Now use Electro Ball!" Sora called out as Pikachu fired his Electro Ball at Alakazam.

"Psychic," Sabrina ordered as Alakazam stopped the Electro Ball and sends it back to Pikachu.

"Dodge it, Pikachu! Quick!" Sora called out as Pikachu got hit by his own attack. "Launch another Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired another Thunderbolt and sends it straight into the ceiling and it comes down right at the psychic Pokémon.

"Psychic," Sabrina ordered as Alakazam's eyes glowed blue and sends Thunderbolt right at Pikachu. Pikachu tried to put run it, but it came too quick. "Now finish it with Psyshock."

Alakazam's eyes glows purple as a purple orb is formed above the spoons she holds. Alakazam fires a purple aura beam right at Pikachu. Pikachu got hit by the attack knocking him out.

"Pikachu is unable to battle! Alakazam wins!" The girl announced.

"This is it. Both has one each," Takuya said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"This will be Haunter's first time in a Gym battle," Kairi said. "I hope Sora will pull through."

"Same here," Illima said. "As you all know, Haunter is a Ghost Type and that is an advantage on Sora's part. But we shouldn't overlook the fact Haunter is also a Poison Type, so it won't be easy."

"So this match could go either way," Koji said.

"Precisely," Illima nodded.

Everyone looked over to the battlefield as Sora drew out his last Pokéball.

"This'll be your first Gym battle, Haunter," Sora said. "Let's see what you're made of." Sora threw the Pokéball. "Haunter! Go!" The Pokéball lets out Haunter as makes his entrance. "Okay, Haunter! Night Shade!" Haunter fired Night Shade from his eyes hitting Alakazam.

"Recover," Sabrina ordered. Alakazm heals herself as she glares at the ghost Pokémon. "Psyshock." Alakazam fired Psyshock towards Haunter hoping to land a hit. Then Haunter vanishes catching Sabrina and Alakazam off guard. Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax were surprised, but Kairi and the Alolan nine knew better than that. Sora also knew Haunter didn't vanish. He just made himself invisible again.

"Okay, Haunter! Shadow Punch!" Sora ordered as Haunter reappeared in front of Alakazam and gave her a shadowy punch. "Now use Shadow Ball!" Haunter formed a shadowy ball and sends it towards Alakazam doing serious damage.

Haunter turned invisible again. Alakazam looks around. Only Haunter's laughter can be heard. Haunter reappeared again and this time right behind Alakazam. He tapped her shoulder making Alakazam turn around making Haunter invisible again.

"Haunter is using the trick he used on us on the mansion we stayed at that one night," Kairi remembered.

"What trick?" Takuya asked.

Kairi explained to Takuya and his friends that Haunter used a series of pranks on them making everyone scared. And figured Haunter was only messing with Alakazm like he did them.

"Okay Haunter! Shadow Punch!" Sora called out as Haunter's shadowy hands launched at Alakazam making some good hits.

"Recover," Sabrina said as Alakazam healed up, but not fully. "Psychic."

Alakazam's eyes glowed blue, but Haunter smacked Alakazam on the back making her lose her focus.

"Now use Shadow Ball!" Sora called out as Haunter fired Shadow Ball right at Alakazam. Alakazam steps back only for Haunter to pull a banana peel from out of nowhere and make the Psychic Type Pokémon slip and fall. Haunter gave the Psi Pokémon a black bomb already lit. Alakazam was shocked to see and it explodes making Haunter laugh.

Everyone in the bleachers were amazed by how Haunter was able to pull all sorts of stunts at Alakazam like that.

"Sora's Haunter is making a fool out of that Alakazam," Hapu said.

"I knew Haunter had a sense of humor, but I didn't know he could do those kind of stuntz," Kiawe said.

"Haunter must have spent lots of times watching cartoons and got some ideas," Kairi said.

"That could make sense," Koji said as the group watched on.

Haunter turned invisible again, but Sabrina really wanted to end it.

"Use Psychic on the whole battlefield," Sabrina oredered as Alakazam formed a psychic energy all over the battlefield. Everyone watched as they knew not even Haunter could withstand that. Sora was shocked to see that move.

"Haunter!" Sora called out.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu added.

Sabrina had a look of satisfaction as Alakazam has done the deed. But that was cut short when a whistle is heard and Haunter comes from out of the floor and waved at her. Everyone was surprised by the sight.

"Haunter went down through the floor to dodge the attack!" Acerola cheered.

"Way to go, Haunter!" Kairi also cheered.

"Impossible," Sabrina said. Alakazam was panting as she had used so much of her psychic power and it exhausted her mana.

"Okay, Haunter! Let's wrap this up with Shadow Punch!" Sora ordered as Haunter gave one last Shadow Punch to Alakazam. Sabrina was at a total loss of words as Alakazam has fallen on the ground beaten.

"Alakazam is unable to battle! Haunter wins! The winner is the challenger, Sora of Pallet Town!" The girl announced.

"He did it!" Kairi cheered for her boyfriend. The Alolan nine all smiled as they all gathered to Sora. Takuya was very impressed by how Sora battled. His friends were all amazed by Sora's victory.

All of Sora's friends all came down and congratulated him, Sabrina approached Sora with a bit of a smile on her face.

"You should be proud, Sora. You surprised even me. All I can say is congratulations for your victory," Sabrina said as she levitated something into her hand. She revealed a badge in her hand. It is two concentric golden circles. "As proof of your victory of the Saffron City Gym, I am pleased to reward you with the Marsh Badge."

"Thank you, Sabrina," Sora said accepting the badge.

"No, Sora. Thank you for showing me your power," Sabrina said. "All I request is you don't stop showing your power."

Sora nodded to that. Sora and his friends returned to the Pokémon Center to have his team healed up when he's approached by Tai and his sister. Sora turned to see the siblings in front of him.

"Did you win?" Tai asked. Sora smiles as he shown them his latest badge.

"What does this tell you?" Sora joked.

"You have to be pretty good if you won that," Kari said. "Congratulations."

"Thanks Kari," Sora said. Just then Takuya had shown up. "I guess you wanna have a battle huh, Takuya?"

"You know it, Sora," Takuya said. "As soon as your Pokémon are healed up; let's have a one-on-one battle. Aguni against your Charmander."

"You're on," Sora said shaking his hand. "A deal's a deal."

Once Sora's team were all healed up, Sora had his Charmander out, just as Takuya had his Charmander out. Kairi held Pikachu on her lap, as the Alolan nine, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax are joined by Tai and Kari for the battle.

"Hey, Sora! Don't go easy on me just because we're friends, okay?" Takuya stated.

"I don't plan on holding back, either," Sora said. "But I'll let you make the first move."

"Thanks Sora!" Takuya said smiling. "Alright, Aguni! Start up with Fire Punch!"

"Char!" Aguni said running towards Sora's Charmander with his fist on fire.

"Charmander! Slash!" Sora ordered as his Charmander ran towards Takuya's Charmander. Aguni gave Charmander a punch, and he gave Aguni a slash on the side.

"Aguni! Use Dragon Rage!" Aguni fired Dragon Rage right at Charmander.

"Charmander! Use Flamethrower!" Sora ordered as Charmander fired Flamethrower, cancelling the Dragon Rage making a small explosion. "Move in with Fire Fang!" Charmander charged at Takuya's Charmander taking him in the jaws.

"Aguni! Shake him off! Use Metal Claw!" Takuya ordered. Aguni swiped at Sora's Charmander sending him back.

"He's really good," Tai said. "It's no wonder he beat Sabrina."

"Flamethrower!" Sora called out as his Charmander fired.

"You use Flamethrower too!" Takuya shouted out as both Charmander had their Flamethrower collide. Both kept pushing into each other, not one getting the best of the other. Both had ceased fire as the stared into each other.

"Dragon Claw!" Sora ordered as his Charmander charged towards Takuya's Charmander.

"You use Metal Claw!" Takuya ordered.

Both slashed at each other like crazy. The kept going until they gave each other one last swipe of their claws earning a double knockout. Sora and Takuya ran up to their Charmander.

"You battled awesomely, Aguni," Takuya smiled at his Charmander. "Atta boy."

"You did great Charmander," Sora smiled at his Charmander. "You always gave it your all."

Kari walked uo to both Charmander patting them.

"You both did great raising them," Kari said spraying some Super Potion on them.

"Thanks a lot," Takuya said to the girl. He turned to Sora and shook his hand. "Your Charmander is awesome. Just like his trainer."

"I was going to say about you," Sora said.

Both Charmander shook each other's hands as well.

"You're a real scrappy one, Aguni. You know how to throw a real good punch".- Charmander subtitle.

"The same for you, man. You're no slouch in a battle." - Aguni subtitle.

Both trainers looked their Charmander as they saw a flame burning in their eyes. Both knew they were more than friends now. They were rivals.

"I guess I'll see you around, Sora," Takuya said grinning.

"I was thinking the same thing," Sora responded also with a grin.

"We'll all see you around, then," Koji said.

"You know it," Kiawe said.

"It's too bad we have to part ways for now," Zoe said.

"But I'm already looking forward to seeing you again," Lana said.

"Me too," Acerola said.

"Take care, Sophocles," JP said shaking his hand.

"Same to you, JP," Sophocles said.

The six kids bid farewell to their new friends and promised to keep in touch. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine all turned to Tai and Kari. Both Sora and Tai look into each other promising each other a battle. Wonder how that'll go between these two boys. Just keep reading and find out!