Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Song of Jigglypuff ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 45: The Song of Jigglypuff

Several days had passed since Sora and his friends parted ways with Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil. Sora had exchanged Kangaskhan for his Salandit.

The group continued on when the group was approached by a hiker. The Hiker challenged Sora to a battle to which he accepted. The hiker sent out his first Pokémon.

"Machop! Let's go!" The hiker called out throwing his Pokéball. The Pokéball unleashes a Machop as it flexes its muscles. Sora made his choice too.

"Poliwag! Let's go!" Sora throws his Dive Ball letting out his Poliwag. "Okay, Poliwag! Start up with Water Gun!" Poliwag fired Water Gun at the opposing Machop.

"Machop! Dodge it and use Karate Chop!" The hiker called out as Machop moves in to deliver a strong chop.

"Poliwag, you dodge it!" Sora ordered as Poliwag moves out of the way in time. "Smack Machop good with Double Slap!" Poliwag moved and slapped Machop good on the face.

"Machop! Use Thunder Punch!" The hiker ordered as Machop delivered Thunder Punch on Poliwag, dealing heavy damage.

"Shake it off, Poliwag! Use Bubble Beam!" Sora ordered as Poliwag fired Bubble Beam at Machop. Machop manages to dodge the bubbles.

"Good work on the dodges! Now use Thunder Punch again!" The hiker called out. Machop strikes at the tadpole Pokémon good knocking him out. Sora ran up to his Poliwag.

"You okay, Poliwag?" Sora asked.

"Poliwag," Poliwag responded.

"You did great even if you lost. You should rest up for a while," Sora said calling Poliwag back into his Dive Ball. He pulls out a regular Pokéball and throws it. "Okay, Ivysaur! Go for it!" The Pokéball opens letting Ivysaur enter the battle. The hiker calls Machop back and pulls out an Ultra Ball.

"You should try this out for size! Rhydon! Go!" The hiker throws his Ultra Ball letting out his Rhydon. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the new Pokémon in front of him.

Rhydon, the Drill Pokémon

The evolved form of Rhyhorn

Type: Ground/Rock

Rhydon has a horn that serves as a drill. It is used for destroying rocks and boulders. This Pokémon occasionally rams into streams of magma, but the armor-like hide prevents it from feeling the heat.

"So it's the evolved form of Rhyhorn is it?" Sora asked putting his Pokédex away. "Ivysaur can whip your Rhydon good!"

"Ivy, Ivy, Ivysaur!"

"Don't bet on that, kid! My Rhydon dosen't scare easily," the Hiker said. "Rhydon! Ice Punch attack!" Rhydon moves in to deliever Ice Punch to Ivysaur.

"Ivysaur, dodge!" Sora called out as Ivysaur moved out the way before the attack hit. "Use Razor Leaf!" Ivysaur fired the leaves at Rhydon getting hit good. "Now use Vine Whip!" Ivysaur extened his vines and smacked Rhydon hard. Rhydon was down for the count.

"Not bad, kiddo!" The hiker said calling Rhydon back. "Now let's see how you handle my next one! Golem! Go!" The hiker sends out his Golem. Sora decided to stick with Ivysaur since Grass Types has an edge over Rock Types. "Golem! Heavy Slam!" Golem jumps in the air and comes down with such ferocity.

"This is bad! Heavy Slam can do heavy damage considered by Golem's weight," Lillie said.

"Sora!" Kairi called out.

"Dodge it, Ivysaur!" Sora called out as Ivysaur moved out of the way before Golem's attack made a landing. "Now use Solar Beam!" Ivysaur started to build up energy in the flower on his back. The hiker knew what was coming.

"Golem! Heavy Slam again!" The hiker called out. Golem jumped in the air to deliver a devastating hit on Ivysaur.

"Ivysaur!" Ivysaur shouted as he fired Solar Beam right at the megaton Pokémon. Golem rolled into a few trees, breaking them as Golem rolled. Its trainer ran up to Golem.

"You okay, Golem?" The Hiker asked.

"Golem," Golem nodded.

"Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll always be rock-hard to me," The Hiker said making his Golem feel better. He called Golem back to its Pokéball and congratulated Sora on his victory. He shook his hand. "You're a tough cookie to break, kid."

"You're pretty rock-solid yourself," Sora said making the hiker laugh.

"You raised that Ivysaur pretty well. Hell, my Golem is nothing to sneeze at, but your Ivysaur isn't either," the hiker said.

Afger the hiker had left, they continued on with their journey to reach Cinnabar Island when they spotted something.

"Hey! Look over there!" Sora pointed at something. Everyone stopped and spotted a pink rounded Pokémon with blue eyes and a tuft of hair.

"Oh my gosh! A Jigglypuff!" Kairi gushed at the sight. "So cute!"

"Jigglypuff, huh?" Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Jigglypuff, the Balloon Pokémon

The evolved from of Igglybuff

Type: Normal/Fairy

Jigglypuff's vocal cords can freely adjust the wavelength of its voice. This Pokémon uses this ability to sing at precisely the right wavelength to make its foes most drowsy.

"A singing Pokémon," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "And a Fairy Type will make a great addition to the team! Okay, Salandit! Go for it!" Sora took out Salandit's Safari Ball and let her out. "Okay Salandit! Use Scratch!" Sora ordered as Salandit scratched at the Balloon Pokémon. Jigglypuff was sent flying to a nearby tree and hit it pretty hard. Jigglypuff then started to cry. Sora ran to Jigglypuff. "Hey, don't cry! I didn't mean anything by it."

"Jigglypuff," Jigglupuff sniffled.

"Sssalandit," Salandit said apologetic.

"The Pokédex did say Jigglypuff can sing a song," Kairi said. "Why don't you sing for us? Just sing a happy little melody for us?"

"Jigglypuff," Jigglypuff shook its head.

"Oh, why not?" Kairi asked.

"Could it be that Jigglypuff can't sing at all?" Illima asked. Jigglypuff nodded confirming it.

"What? A Jigglypuff that can't sing?" Sora asked in disbelief. "That's a shame!"

"Is that why she didn't attack?" Kairi asked.

"That could be possible," Kiawe said.

"Besides, who would want a Jigglypuff that can't sing?" Sophocles asked making Jigglypuff cry.

"Sophocles! That was terrible!" Mallow chided him.

"Yeah, that was a mean thing to say!" Lana added.

"Uncalled for," Mina also said.

"Hey, hey, hey! Sorry okay?" Sophocles defended.

"But the least we can do it help her sing," Sora suggested.

"That's a good idea," Lillie agreed.

"Jigglypuff! Puff! Jigglypuff! Puff, Puff, Puff!" Jigglypuff beamed rubbing against Kairi's leg.

Unknown to the group, they were being watched by Team Rocket who appears to be beaten up for some reason.

"It looks like those kids found a Jigglypuff," James said looking through his binoculars.

"A Jigglypuff?" Meowth questioned.

"I hear people fall asleep whenever a Jigglypuff starts singing," Jessie said.

"And that gives me an idea!" Meowth said making Jessie and James turn to him.

"So Meowth," James started.

"What's your idea?" Jessie said.

"We can get that Jigglypuff to sing for everybody in Neon Town and then we can rob them blind!" Meowth said.

"I love that idea!" Jessie said.

"It'll be payback to those punks in that city!" James said.

"And then they'll learn not to mess with us!" Meowth said.

"Finally! Team Rocket will have the revenge that we richly deserve!" Jessie said.

"Yeah!" James and Meowth cheered as they agreed.

(Flashback, it was last night in Neon Town)

Team Rocket walked down the streets of Neon Town taking a small break from pursuing Sora and his friends.

"I just love all these bright lights!" Meowth said as a random guy bumped into James.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" James hissed at him.

"Oh yeah!" The guy snarled beating James up. "You bump into me and you have the balls to start complaining?!"

"You walked into him!" Jessie snapped at him when an obese woman bumped into Jessie from behind.

"That hurt! I'll make you pay for that, you scrawny bitch!" the obese woman yelled giving Jessie a spanking. Jessie and James were getting beaten bad as Meowth just stood there with his jaw hanging.

"I think we should prepare for trouble!" Meowth said.

(Back to the present)

Jessie and James switched out of their usual uniforms and into what look like sailors.

"Greetings all of you Pokémon pip squeaks!" Jessie greeted through a microphone.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all turned to see Team Rocket in front of them.

"You have got to be kidding," Sora said in a facepalm.

"What are you doing here?" Kiawe asked annoyed.

"Pumping out to the max!" James said turning up the volume. Music started playing as Team Rocket started singing their song.

(Jessie and James)

You know us as Team Rocket and we fight for what is wrong.

We're tired of our motto so we thought we try a song!

(Jessie)

Jessie!

(James)

James!

(Jessie and James)

The speed of light, prepare to fight!

(Meowth)

Meowth, that's right!

(James)

I am the handsome one!

(Jessie)

I'm the gorgeous one!

(Jessie and James)

Looking good is lots of fun. We get some things wrong, but we keep rolling along!

(All)

We want to capture Pikachu. We hope to do it quick. And when we do we'll be the new stars of this...fanfic!

After the song ended, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all looked at them totally confused.

"What was that?" Sora asked looking at his girlfriend shrugging her shoulders.

"Meowth! Your timing was a little off!" Jessie said.

"My pitch was perfect!" Meowth argued.

"So what's your hair brain scheme this time?" Acerola asked.

"We need Jigglypuff to sing its little lullabyes for us," Jessie answered.

"Her little lullabyes?" Kairi asked.

"Jigglypuff is gonna sing Team Rocket right to the top!" James said speaking through his microphone.

"No way that's gonna happen!" Sora said looking at Salandir. "Salandit! Go in there!"

"Sslandit!" Salandit said moving in for battle.

"Weezing! Poison Gas attack!" James ordered.

"Salandit! Use your Dragon Pulse!" Sora called out as she opened her mouth and fired a purplish turquoise beam of energy in the shape of a dragon and hits Weezing along with the rest of Team Rocket, sending them packing.

"TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket yelled when they're sent flying through the trees.

"And good riddance to those three," Sora said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all worked together on trying to get Jigglypuff to sing a song They tried with different songs, but nothing they tried worked. But Illima had an idea.

"Come with me, everyone. I think I know what's going on," Illima said. He led his friends through the woods.

"What exactly are we looking for, Illima?" Hapu asked.

"You'll see in a moment," Illima said looking around. "Ah, there it is!" Illima went up to a tree and picked a fruit. "A healer fruit!"

"A healer fruit?" Sora asked.

"I've never heard of it either," Lillie said.

"What's so special about this?" Hapu asked.

"It is said this fruit has juice that can heal the throat of anything that eats it. So if Jigglypuff eats it, then her throat can be strong enough to let it sing," Illima said.

"Good thinking!" Kairi said.

"Give it a try, Jigglypuff!" Illima said.

"Puff!" Jigglypuff beamed as she took a bite of the fruit. Jigglypuff swallowed the piece of fruit and sang a harmonious tune.

(Jigglypuff)

"Jigglypuff, Jiggly-y-y-ypuff!"

"That did it!" Sora said.

"You're right!" Kairi also said. "Now how about that song, Jigglypuff?"

"Jiggly!" Jigglypuff beamed.

Jigglypuff took a deep breath and started singing. As Jigglypuff was singing Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all fell asleep to the melody. Team Rocket sneaks in with a radio and a microphone.

"Good thinking, Jessie. Why go through the trouble of capturing Jigglypuff..." Meowth stated.

"...when we really want its voice?" Jessie finished.

"We'll just record it and use it ourselves!" James said.

"We've got it made!" Meowth said as Team Rocket were getting closer.

"It's over there!" James said.

"Time to record!" Jessie said as James moved the microphone through the grass to get Jigglypuff's voice on radio. Jigglypuff stopped singing and saw everyone asleep. Jigglypuff tried to wake everyone up, but no one budged.

"Puff!" Jigglypuff puffed up and pulled out a marker out of Sora's backpack and started to scribble on everyone's faces. Jigglypuff giggled at the silly doodles on everybody's faces as she heard snoring from the grass. Jigglypuff went over to see Team Rocket fast asleep as well. Jigglypuff tried to wake them up by slapping them silly. The balloon Pokémon then started to scribble on their faces as well.

Sora and his friends woke up with pretty big yawns.

"That was some nap," Sora said sleepily.

"It sure was," Kairi agreed.

The couple looked at each other and started laughing at the doodles.

"What happened to your face?" Sora asked laughing.

"What happened to your face?" Kairi also asked laughing.

The Alolan nine all started laughing at the doodles on their faces. Kairi stopped laughing and saw Jigglypuff PO'd.

"What's the matter, Jigglypuff?" Kairi asked.

"Puff!" Jigglypuff said hotly.

"You don't think it's because we fell asleep while Jigglypuff was singing, right?" Sora asked.

"No way!" Kiawe said. "Why would she be mad at something like that?"

"Would you like it if someone took a nap while you were singing?" Sora asked. Kiawe was about to argue back, but he paused knowing he had a point.

"Sorry about falling asleep like that, Jigglypuff," Kairi said.

"Puff!" Jigglypuff spat.

"Why don't we try our Pokémon!" Sophocles suggested. "At least they wouldn't fall asleep!"

"Good thinking, Sophocles!" Lana said.

Sora and the Alolan nine took out their Pokémon and let Jigglypuff sing for them. But unfortunately, the results were all the same when they all were asleep.

"So much for that idea," Sora said looking at the sleeping Pokémon.

"Wait! Why not your Psyduck, Sora?" Sophocles suggested.

"Psyduck? He's at Professor Oak's lab, remember?" Sora reminded him.

"But you can make exchange your Pokémon by using your Pokédex, remember?" Sophocles pointed out. Sora smacked the side of his own head.

"Duh! Of course!" Sora called back his sleeping Salandit and exchanged her for Psyduck. Sora called out Psyduck. "Okay, Psyduck. Jigglypuff will sing a song for you so you have to stay awake, okay?"

"Psyduck," Psyduck said.

"Okay Jigglypuff! Do your thing!" Sora gave the word. Jigglypuff sang again. Psyduck stares at Jigglypuff while Sora and his friends fell asleep again. Jigglypuff stopped singing. Everyone woke up and saw Psyduck still standing. "Hey! Psyduck is still awake! You did good, buddy!"

"Puff!" Jigglypuff huffed in anger.

"What's the matter now?" Sora asked. "Psyduck stayed awake and listened to the whole thing!" Jigglypuff looked away. Sora tapped Psyduck on the head only to to fall on his side. "You have got to be kidding me! Psyduck is just asleep with his eyes opened?!"

"Well, Psyduck was too dopey to tell if he was awake or asleep to tell," Sophocles said.

"Any other bright ideas?" Sora asked sarcastically.

Team Rocket woke up and screamed at what they saw. They had doodles on their faces like Sora and his friends did earlier. They started to rub the ink off their faces.

"Who did this?!" James asked rubbing the markwr ink of his face.

"How dare they!" Jessie exclaimed rubbing the ink off of her face.

"We should check and see if we got it on tape!" Meowth said.

"Good idea," Jessie and James said turning on the recorder.

Turns out to be a recording them snoring along with smacking sounds.

"It's just us snoring!" Jessie exclaimed.

"What the hell are we gonna do with that?!" Meowth exclaimed.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all looked at Jigglypuff as she just pouted.

"What else can we do for her?" Sora asked.

"It must be frustrating to have a beautiful voice and have no one listen to the whole song," Mallow said.

"Wait a minute! There should be a town just close from here!" Illima realized pulling out the map. "And here it is! Neon Town!"

"That's a great idea!" Sora said.

"It's not too far from here! Let's go!" Acerola said.

"Now you can have a whole town who will listen to you sing!" Kairi beamed.

"Jiggly!" Jigglypuff also beamed.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine set off for Neon Town, unawre that Team Rocket was listening to the whole thing.

"Did you hear that?" Meowth asked.

"Those fools are going to do what we had in mind for that sleepless town!" Jessie said.

"With enemies like that, who needs friends?" James smirked.

They got started asking around only find everyone was just plain rude.

"Man, this place is full of nothing but jerks," Sora said disgusted.

"Worse than jerks," Mallow said.

"Makes me glad we didn't stop by here before," Kairi added.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

Just as they were about to keep going a truck pulls up with Jessie and James disguised as 1980's rockers.

"Hi, we heared you're looking for an outdoor stage," Jessie said in an English accent.

"Yeah, that's right. We are," Kairi said.

"Then you can go ahead and use ours if you want to," James said disguising his voice.

Team Rocket opened the back of the truck to reveal an outdoor stage.

"This is perfect! You sure this is okay?" Sora asked.

"Sure thing, luv. We love to showcase for new talent," Jessie said.

"Crank this thing up to eleven," James said.

"This is just great!" Lillie said.

"Yeah, thanks," Mina said.

"Finally, someone here who's nice," Sora said. Jessie and James were snickering. Everyone got the lights on and the stage set. "Now that everything is good to go, we can put on the main attraction!"

"This is your moment to shine," Kairi said smiling.

"Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff!" Jigglypuff said in glee, getting all excited.

"How sweet! Now everyone in town will hear," Jessie said.

"And afterwards, the town is ours for the taking!" James added.

"Hey! Don't forget the earplugs!" Meowth said plugging his ears.

"Oh, our earplugs, of course!" Jessie said as she and James plugged their ears as well.

Jigglypuff got on stage and started to sing for the whole town. The whole town started to hear Jigglypuff's voice then started get drowsy from listening to the song.

"It worked, everyone is hearing Jigglypuff's song," Sora yawned and fell asleep. Sora slept alongside Kairi and she started clinging to Sora.

"I don't think our ears are quite plugged up enough," Jessie said drowsy.

Jigglypuff's song put the entire town asleep and snoring soundly.

"Puff? PUFF!" Jigglypuff was really pissed now as Jigglypuff started to doodle on the faces of everyone in town. Jigglypuff doodled as fast as she leapt to each person she met. But in the next morning, Sora and his friends woke up. Sora gave a big yawn.

"Man that was a great nap," Sora said stretching his arms. "Huh?" Sora looked around and saw everyone waking up as well, and everyone all had doodles on their faces. "Oh no! Everyone fell asleep!"

"Jigglypuff's song is even more powerful than any of us thought," Illima said.

The townspeople started to apologize to one another. Sora and his friends didn't know how to make this out. Last night everyone was rude to one another; yelling and fighting, and then suddenly their nicer to each other.

"Did I miss something here?" Sora asked.

"It would seem a lack of sleep may have been the cause of it," Lillie pointed out.

"You might be right, Lillie," Illima said. "Jigglypuff's song must have made everyone nicer to each other."

"That could be it," Sora agreed. "But where did Jigglypuff go?"

"Probably mad for everyone falling asleep through the song," Kairi said.

"I guess," Sora said as he hung his head. "And I wanted to catch it too!" Kairi put her arms around her boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek.

"Does that feel better?" Kairi asked.

"Only if it's from you, Kairi," Sora smiled.

Even Team Rocket seems nicer for a reason; but it won't last. They were happily marching out of Neon City.

"We've failed again," Jessie said smiling. "The earplugs didn't even work."

"But the sky is blue and the air is so fresh!" James added.

"Isn't life great?" Meowth asked in a chipper mood. Team Rocket laughed happily as they marched out of town despite their plan failing again.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine made it outside of Neon Town and continued on to Cinnabar Island for Sora's seventh Gym battle. Just then, the group was approached by a tall bulky boy wearing overalls.

"Hey there. The guy with the Pikachu! You any good in a battle?" The bulky boy asked.

"Yeah. Why?" Sora asked.

"Let's you and me have ourselves a battle," he proposed. "I'm gonna need the excercise!"

"Same here!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball.

"Alright Machoke! Get in there!" He threw his Pokéball letting out his Machoke.

"Charmeleon! Go for it!" Sora said letting out his Charmeleon. "Start up with Slash!"

"Charmeleon!" Charmeleon charged towards Machoke getting ready to swipe.

"You move in with Focus Punch!" The bulky boy ordered as Machoke charged towards Charmeleon. Machoke focused its energy in its fist and let one out to hit Charmeleon. Both attacks hit. Charmeleon and Machoke were sent back. "Bulk Up! Then follow with Cross Chop!" The bulky boy ordered as Machoke moved in crossing his arms and heads towards Charmeleon. Charmeleon tried to dodge, but he got hit bad. Sora wasn't going to call it quits yet.

"Charmeleon! Use Fire Fang!" Sora ordered as Charmeleon leapt towards Machoke and gave it a fiery bite on its right arm. "Finish it with Flamethrower!" Charmeleon fired Flamethrower right at Machoke knocking the muscular Pokémon put. Charmeleon turned to Sora and gave him a Flamethrower in the face. "I love you too, Charmeleon, but can we not have this kind of love?"

"Machoke, return!" The bulky boy said calling Machoke back. "Not bad there. But I ain't gonna throw in the towel yet!" He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Hitmonchan! Go!" His Pokéball lets out a Hitmonchan and started to punch the air. Sora shook off the cinges and pulled out Charmeleon's Pokéball.

"Okay, Charmeleon, return!" Sora said calling Charmeleon back. He pulled out his Dive Ball all and threw it. "Poliwag! It's your turn!" Sora's Poliwag enters the battle. "Poliwag! Bubble Beam!" Poliwag fires a barrage of bubbles at the punching Pokémon.

"Hitmonchan, dodge it! Use Mega Punch!" The bulky boy ordered as Hitmonchan landed a powerful punch.

"Poliwag! Use Double Slap!" Sora ordered as Poliwag slapped Hitmonchan hard on the face. "Now use Water Gun!" Poliwag fired Water Gun sending Hitmonchan back to its trainer. He called Hitmonchan back and took another one.

"Okay, Hitmonlee! Go for it!" The bulky boy threw his third Pokéball and lets out his Hitmonlee as it starts to kick the air.

"Okay, Poliwag! Come on back! Sora said calling Poliwag back. He took put another Pokéball and threw it. "Ivysaur! Go for it!" The Pokéball opens and lets Ivysaur out. "Tackle!" Ivysaur charges at Hitmonlee.

"Use Double Kick!" The Bulky Boy ordered as Hitmonlee swung its legs at Ivysaur. Hitmonlee's kicks misses their target. "Okay then, try Jump Kick!" Hitmonlee jumps in the air and heads towards Ivysaur.

"Razor Leaf!" Sora called out as Ivysaur fires Razor Leaf right at Hitmonlee obstructing its focus and crashes into a nearby tree. Hitmonlee falls on its back totally beaten.

The bulky boy calls Hitmonlee back and walks up to Sora shaking his hand.

"You did great," he said shaking Sora's hand.

"Thanks," Sora said.

The bulky boy left and thanked him for the great battle.

Sora and his friends continued on with their journey, unaware of Jigglypuff following the group. I just hope that they just watch out for her because they will never know when Jigglypuff will just show up. Only one way to find out, though.