Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Problem With Paras ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 47: The Problem with Paras

On the very next day, Sora and his friends said their goodbyes to Tai, Kari, and their friends and continued on with their journey to Cinnabar Island. The group made a stop by a river and exchanged Nidorino and Nidorina for Charmeleon and Torracat.

"Okay, guys! Time for some practice!" Sora said calling out Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Poliwag, and Torracat. "Okay, Wartortle and Poliwag! You practice your Water Gun. Charmeleon and Torracat, you can practice your Flamethrower!"

"Char!" Charmeleon shot Flamethrower right in Sora's face.

"Not on me!" Sora snapped at Charmeleon.

"Charmeleon!" Charmeleon just laughed.

"Okay, moving on! Ivysaur! You can practice your Razor Leaf and Pikachu! You can practice Thunderbolt!" Sora said to his Pokémon.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said as the other Pokémon agreed.

"Great! Let's get the show on the road!" Sora stated.

"Pika, Pika!"

Wartortle and Poliwag practiced firing Water Gun, while Charmeleon and Torracat practiced with Flamethrower; but not on Sora since he took a safe distance. Ivysaur practiced with Razor Leaf and Pikachu practiced with Thunderbolt.

Kairi came and watched Sora's Pokémon practicing their moves with a bottle of water for him to drink. She placed it at his cheek grabbing his attention.

"Thirsty?" Kairi playfully asked.

"Seriously, is that your best approach?" Sora asked.

"Well, it got your attention," Kairi said.

"I guess so," Sora deadpanned taking the water from her hand. Kairi placed a kiss on his lips. Pikachu and Ivysaur stopped for a moment and smiled sweetly.

Charmeleon and Torracat practiced their Flamethrower attacks, but Charmeleon stops and gives the same Flamethrower greeting to Torracat, causing the fire cat Pokémon to yelp.

"Hey! It's bad enough that you Flamethrower Sora in the face, but why me too?!" - Torracat subtitle.

"Because it's fun! And you should see the look on your face!" - Charmeleon subtitle.

"Are you trying to piss me off?!" - Torracat subtitle.

Charmeleon and Torracat ended up in an argument. Pikachu and Ivysaur heard the ruckus and decided to put a stop to it before Sora and Kairi caught on. Charmeleon was about to swipe at Torracat when Ivysaur used Vine Whip to keep the two Fire Types from fighting each other.

"Break it up, you guys!" - Pikachu subtitle.

"Is this how mature you can act?" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"He started it with a Flamethrower in the face! - Torracat subtitle.

"Liar, liar, pants on FIRE!" - Charmeleon subtitle.

Charmeleon gave another Flamethrower to Torracat. Charmeleon laughed right at Torracat.

"It don't matter who started what! We're ending it right now!" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"He's right. We shouldn't be acting like this! So my advice to the both of you is this: GROW UP!" - Pikachu subtitle.

Both Charmeleon and Torracat stared into each other and sighed.

" Sorry about that, Torracat. I was just fooling around." - Charmeleon subtitle.

" Just don't make it a regular thing, okay?" - Torracat subtitle.

Both Fire Types went back to their practice as well as Pikachu and Ivysaur. Wartorle and Poliwag continued with their Water Gun practice when they hit something. The mysterious object started rolling and went straight to Wartortle and Poliwag. The mysterious object turns out to be an egg; it had red and blue triangle-shaped markings all over it. Pikachu, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Torracat stopped practicing and went over to the egg.

"It's an egg." - Wartortle subtitle.

"I know it's an egg! But the question is where did come from?" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"We better let Sora know about this right now." - Pikachu subtitle.

The other Pokémon agreed as Pikachu went to Sora and Kairi staring into each other lovingly. Pikachu jumped on Sora's lap.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu said.

Sora and Kairi turned to Pikachu.

"What's up, Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pika," Pikachu said pointing to where the other Pokémon are.

"What are you trying to show us?" Sora asked following Pikachu. He got wide-eyed to what he saw. "Is this what you were trying to show us?"

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"What is it, Sora?" Kairi asked. And gasped at the sight. "Oh my gosh! An egg!" Kairi picked up the egg in her arms.

"Where do you think it came from?" Sora asked.

"I don't know. But we should take it with us. It dosen't look like there's a mother here," Kairi said.

"I think you're right," Sora said. "We should show this to the others just to make sure." Sora, Kairi, and Sora's Pokémon brought the egg back to camp and the Alolan nine were surprised to see them come back with a Pokémon egg.

"This is so neat," Sophocles said.

"So what kind of Pokémon is in it?" Hapu asked.

"Maybe we should should just wait and find out," Lillie said.

"Agreed. Waiting is the best part," Illima said.

"But here's another question. Which one of us is going to take care of it?" Kiawe asked.

"It can't be Sora because he might just break the egg with the way he sleeps," Mallow said. Sora turned to Mallow with a sour look on his face.

"Oh, thanks a lot!" Sora said.

"I think it should be Kairi who should take care of the egg," Lana said. Sora and the rest of the Alolan nine all turned to her.

"I think you're right, Lana," Sora agreed. "Kairi is the only one of us who doesn't have a single Pokémon."

"Yeah," Mina said.

"And we've seen how she is with Pikachu and the others," Acerola said.

"Me? I don't know, guys. I do want to do it, but I'm not sure if I can," Kairi said.

"You'll do fine, Kairi. Just know that we're all here to help you out," Sora said.

"He is right, Kairi," Illima said. "We're all right behind you on the egg's well-being."

"And then you can have your very own Pokémon," Sophocles added. Kairi turned to the egg and took it in her arms and smiled.

"I guess all of you are right," Kairi said. "I don't care what kind of Pokémon it is or what sex it comes out as, because I'll love it all the same!" Kairi held the egg in her arms.

With that said, Kairi took the egg for herself and with the help of Sora and the Alolan nine, the Pokémon inside will be born.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine took the egg with them on their journey when they spotted a smaller version of Jigglypuff stuck in a tree. Unlike Jigglypuff it had black and red eyes and had a swirl on its head. It's clinging to the side of the tree all scared.

"Oh my gosh! It's an Igglybuff!" Mallow exclaimed.

"And it's stuck in that tree!" Lana pointed out.

"Jigglypuff's pre-evolved form, huh?" Sora questioned taking out his Pokédex.

Igglybuff, the Balloon Pokémon

Type: Normal/Fairy

Igglybuff has a soft and plushy body that feels very much like a marshmallow. From this body wafts a gently sweet fragrance that soothes and calms the emotions of its foes.

"We better go get it down from there," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"Good idea," Kiawe said. Just as as plan was about to be set into motion a little girl's voice is heard.

"Charlotte! Charlotte! Where's my Charlotte?" the little girl cried.

"Igglybuff!" the little Igglybuff called out. The little girl looked up and saw her Igglybuff in the tree.

"There you are, Charlotte!" she turned to the group very angry. "Which one of you meanies but my little Charlotte in that tree?"

"None of us did," Sora said waving his hands in defense. "We just found Charlotte in the tree and we were about to get her down for you." Sora turned to Pikachu. "Okay, Pikachu. Head on up there and see if you can calm her down and climb back down."

"Pikachu!" Pikachu gave a salute and climbed up the tree. Pikachu reached the Igglybuff shaking in fright. Pikachu rubbed Igglybuffs puffy head and gestured the baby Pokémon to climb on his back. The Igglybuff obliges and Pikachu climbed back down, not wanting it to be any rocky for her. The little girl ran up to Charlotte and hugged her tight.

"Oh, Charlotte! My little Charlotte! You must have been so scared! There, there, don't you cry," the little girl said calming her Igglybuff down. "Thank you so very much for helping my Charlotte!"

"Igglybuff!"

"It's no problem," Sora said.

"We're just happy to see your Igglybuff is okay," Mallow said smiling.

"Come on, Charlotte. Let's go home and play tea party," the little girl said carrying her Igglybuff in her arms.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all smiled as they watched the girl leave happily. Kairi looked at the egg happily and smiled warmly.

Not long after that, the group took a small break to check their current location. Illima took out the map to pinpoint their position.

"According to the map, we should be near a village called, Mossgreen Village," Illima stated.

"I've heard of that place," Kairi said. "My mom and dad stopped there before."

"How far is it from here?" Mallow asked.

"It isn't too far from here. We should be arriving there within a few hours," Illima said.

"Well, we should be making a stop there, because our supply of Potions and Anitdotes are dangerously low," Lillie said.

"That's a good idea," Sora said. "We do need to restock on some supplies before we keep going."

"I hope that they have a burger place there," Sophocles said.

"I don't think we would find anything like that in Mossgreen Village," Kairi pointed out making Sophocles hung hus head in defeat.

"Well, whatever is there, we should head on over and see," Sora stated as Kairi and the Alolan nine all agreed to the idea.

With that being settled, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine set off to Mossgreen Village to restock on supplies. Just as they were getting close to the village, a girl with coke-bottle glasses and her hair tied in a ponytail approached the group.

"Hold it!" the girl called out. "You're not going anywhere until you have a battle with me!" That made Sora groan in irritation as this wasn't a good time for that.

"I would like to have a battle with you, ut now isn't really a good time for that," Sora reasoned.

"Why? Are you too chicken for a battle because you're afraid that you'll lose?" The girl taunted. "Well, it's too bad because you're not going anywhere until you battle me!" She took out a Pokéball and held it front to show how serious she is. Sora sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"Okay. Fine You've talked me into it," Sora said accepting her challenge.

"Great! For my first Pokémon! I will send out my Tangela!" The girl said throwing her Pokéball letting out Tangela.

"Okay, Torracat! Let's get this over with!" Sora took out Torracat's Pokéball and threw it letting Torracat out.

"Tangela! Vine Whip!" The girl ordered as Tangela send its vines to whip at Torracat.

"Torracat! Flamethrower!" Sora ordered as Torracat fired Flamethrower right at the vine Pokémon. "Now use Fire Fang!" Sora shouted. Torracat gave Tangela a powerful fiery bite on Tangela knocking it out. She called Tangela back.

"You got lucky!" She said calling Tangela back. "But let's see how you deal with this! I will send out, Golduck!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a blue duck Pokémon with webbed hands and feet. It has a red gem on its head and red eyes. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned it.

Golduck, the Duck Pokémon

The evolved form of Psyduck

Type: Water

Golduck is the fastest swimmer among all Pokémon. It swims effortlessly, even in a rough, stormy sea. It sometimes rescues people from wrecked ships floundering in high seas.

"Psyduck's evolved form. Hard to imagine my Psyduck evolving into a Pokémon like that," Sora said in his thoughts. "Okay, Torracat, come back!" Sora called Torracat back and pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Your turn, Ivysaur!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Ivysaur.

"Ivysaur!"

"Ivysaur! Use Razor Leaf!" Sora called out. Ivysaur fires Razor Leaf right at Golduck who seems to be standing there.

"Golduck! Block it with Psychic!" The girl commanded. Golduck blocks the leaves with its telepathic power making Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine gasp in horror. "Now send it back!" Golduck sent the leaves back to Ivysaur. Sora remembered at trick Duplica used on him when he battled her and smirked.

"Vine Whip!" Sora called out. Ivysaur used Vine Whip to block his own attack. "Yeah! It worked!"

"What did Sora just do?" Acerola asked.

"It looks like he took out a trick from Duplica's book of tricks when he battled her," Illima remembered. "It dosen't surprise me that he thought that one through."

"It looks like she needs to rethink her strategy," Kiawe said.

"Golduck! Blizzard!" The girl called out as Golduck fired a huge blizzard from its mouth.

"Ivysaur! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Ivysaur used his Vine Whip to give him an extra boost in jumping. Luckily for Ivysaur, the attack missed before it hit. "Solar Beam!" Ivysaur started to take in energy in the flower on his back. She knew what was going to come.

"Golduck! Giga Impact!" The girl ordered as Golduck backflips and its body becomes surrounded in a purple aura with yellow stripes of aura spiraling around the purple aura. Ivysaur was buiding up energy just as Golduck was getting closer to strike.

"Ivysaur!" Sora shouted out. Having enough power, Ivysaur fires his Solar Beam attack and sends it to Golduck. With that Super-Effective hit, Golduck goes flying in the air and lands on its back. Golduck was down for the count. She calls Golduck back.

"Not bad, not bad," she said taking out a Great Ball this time. "I send out, Nidorina!" The Pokéball opens to reveal her Nidorina. Sora calls back Ivysaur and looks over to Pikachu.

"Go for it, Pikachu!" Sora said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said entering the battle. "Start up with Electro Ball!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and sends it to Nidorina.

"Block it with Thunderbolt!" The girl ordered as Nidorina fires her Thunderbolt blocking the Electro Ball. "Now move in with Fury Swipes!"

"Dodge and use Iron Tail!" Sora ordered. Pikachu dodged the Fury Swipes attack and swung his tail as it became metallic, hitting the Poison Type on the belly.

"Shake it off! Venoshock!" The girl ordered. Nidorina fired her Venoshock right at Pikachu.

"Quick Attack!" Sora called out as Pikachu ran passed Venoshock hitting only the ground. Pikachu got close to Nidorina. Nidorina got wide-eyed to the smirk Pikachu was making.

"Thunderbolt!" Sora called out.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shocked Nidorina and she fell to ground beaten. The girl growled in frustration; she wasn't finished yet.

"Come back, Nidorina!" She called Nidorina back and pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Go, Geodude!" Her Pokéball opens and lets out a Geodude; a little bigger than Brock's Geodude.

"Okay, Pikachu, come on back," Sora said. Pikachu come back to Sora's side. He pulls out his Dive Ball and throws it. "Okay, Poliwag! Go in!" The Dive Ball let's out his Poliwag.

"Geodude! Thunder Punch!" The girl ordered in a snarl. Geodude throws an electrifying punch to Poliwag, hoping to land a Super-effective hit.

"Poliwag! Bubble Beam!" Sora ordered as Poliwag fired a barrage of Bubbles at Geodude. Geodude was quickly pushed back by the bubbles coming. "Now use Water Gun!" Poliwag fired his Water Gun attack at the rock Pokémon. Geodude was quickly knocked out. "Way to go, Poliwag!" Poliwag was jumping up and down but then Poliwag started to evolve. Sora and his friends were marveled by the sight. Poliwag had evolved into a Poliwhirl. "Yes! You evolved!" Sora ran up to Poliwhirl and hugged his newly evolved Pokémon. "With a little more training, you'll be an awesome Poliwrath!"

"Poliwhirl!" Poliwhirl beamed.

"Don't count me out yet, spikey!" The girl called her fallen Geodude back and pulled out another Pokéball. "I have one more to throw at you! Venusaur! Go!" Her Pokéball lets out a much large Pokémon with a flower on its back much like Ivysaur, but fully bloomed. Unlike, Bulbasaur and Ivysaur, it didn't have the spots, but it had bumps all over its body making it more scaly. The flower on its back had a bulb growing out of it. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon in front of him.

Venusaur, the Seed Pokémon

The evolved form of Ivysaur

Type: Grass/Poison

There is a large flower on Venusaur's back. The flower is said to take on vivid colors if it gets plenty of nutrition and sunlight. The flower's aroma soothes the emotions of people.

"A Venusaur. It's much bigger than I thought," Sora said in his thoughts putting his Pokédex away. "Okay, Poliwhirl! Come on back!" Sora took out his Dive Ball and called back Poliwhirl. He pulled out his Pokéball and throws it. "Okay, Charmeleon! Let's go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Charmeleon as he fired Flamethrower in the air entering battle. "Charmeleon! Use Dragon Claw, now!"

"Char!" Charmeleon charged at Venusaur with his claw ready to strike at Venusaur.

"Venusaur! You use your Sludge Bomb!" The girl ordered as Venusaur fired a huge ball of sludge at Charmeleon. The attack hits and sends Charmeleon back.

"Charmeleon! Flamethrower!" Sora ordered as Charmeleon fired his Flamethrower attack right at Venusaur, hitting the seed Pokémon right on the forehead.

"You use your Earthquake attack!" Venusaur stood on its hind legs and slammed the front legs on the ground. The ground began shaking as Sora,Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were trying to keep their balance. "Now use Power Whip!" Venusaur sends out its vines and strikes at Charmeleon hard. That attack was even stronger than Vine Whip, hence the name.

"Charmeleon!" Sora called out as Charmeleon stood back up on his feet. "You use Fire Fang!" Charmeleon charged right at Venusaur and bit the left leg. "That's the way, Charmeleon!"

"Venusaur! Shake it off!" Venusaur swung its leg to shake Charmeleon off its leg.

"Let go and fire Flamethrower!" Sora called out. Charmeleon fired Flamethrower right Venusaur's left side of its face. "Now use Slash!" Charmeleon positioned his claws and with a couple of swipes of his claws he gave the finishing blow to Venusaur. The girl stood there not believing that she had lost.

"I've lost. I don't believe it," the girl said. She called her fallen Venusaur back into her Pokéball. "I lost to some kid." She reluctantly walked up to Sora and shook his hand. "Congratulations, kid. You should be proud of yourself."

"You're not so bad yourself," Sora said shaking her hand.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued on and finally, they made it."

"There it is! Mossgreen Village," Kairi said.

"There should be a medicine shop around here somewhere," Lana said.

"We should at least ask around," Mallow said.

"That's as good as any idea," Illima agreed.

Meanwhile, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee were walking down the road, but Naminé was carrying Eevee for some reason wasn't doing so good.

"Eevee," Eevee said weakly.

"Don't worry, Eevee," Naminé said. "We'll find a Pokémon Center to help you. Just hang in there."

"Where could it be? Where could it be?" Riku searched frantically.

"Where could what be?" A new female voice called out. Riku and Naminé turned to see a young woman wearing Chinese-style clothing. Her top was white and her pants was red. Her dark green hair are tied in a bun and she has a pink bow in her hair.

"We're looking for a Pokémon Center to heal my Eevee!" Riku said frantically. "We woke up this morning and saw he's not doing good!"

"Eevee," Eevee said weakly.

She walked up to Naminé and placed her hand Eevee's forehead.

"Oh, you poor thing, you're so hot," she said. The young woman turned to Riku. "Well, you won't find a Pokémon Center around here. But I can help heal your Eevee." She went over to her basket and took out a small bowl and placed some healing herbs in it and began mixing it. When she was finished, she went back over to Naminé and gave the medicine to Eevee. "Here, drink this." Eevee drank the medicine. Eevee's ears perked up and jumped out of Naminé's arms.

"Eevee!" Eevee beamed. Riku smiled as he saw his partner all healed up.

"Eevee! You're all better!" Riku beamed.

"Eevee!" Eevee ran to his trainer and jumped in his arm and licked his face affectionately. Riku laughed as he was tickled by Eevee's licks.

"I'm so glad you're doing so good!" Riku said. He turned to the young woman said. "Thank you so very much!"

"You're welcome," she said. "Your Eevee should be fine. Just give it one of these pills after each meal." She handed Riku some pills.

"I will. And thanks again," Riku said grateful.

"It was my pleasure," she said smiling.

Back to the village, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all entered a tent and looked around. They saw medicines all around. The group saw an old woman making some medicine. Sora walked up to her and asked.

"Excuse me, ma'am. We were wondering if we could buy some Potions and Antidotes," Sora said. The old woman cackled sinisterly.

"Got some snake root that can cure insomnia and grow hair on your nose and tongue," the old woman said.

"Grow hair on your nose and tongue?" Lillie gasped.

"Do you have any that dosen't grow hair anywhere?" Kiawe asked scared at the thought.

"Grandma! I've asked you not to scare the customers! We are never going to have any business if you frighten them away," the young woman from before scolded her grandmother.

"I'm sorry, dearie. I didn't mean to scare anyone," the old woman said. The young woman sighed and turned to the group.

"I'm sorry about my grandmother. She just likes to play pranks on people by scaring them. But it tends to scare Pokémon trainers away," she explained.

"I-it's not a problem," Sora said accepting her apology.

"Do you own this pharmacy?" Illima asked.

"Yes I do. Me and my grandmother runs this place," she answered. She looked over to the eleven kids and stroked her chin. "Say, are all of you Pokémon trainers?"

"Most of us are," Sophocles said.

"That's great! How about you have a Pokémon battle with me!" the young woman proposed.

"Um, okay. We'll take you on that offer," Sora said.

"That's great! We can battle out back," the young woman said. "Oh, my name is Cassandra, by the way."

"I'm Sora. And this is my girlfriend Kairi," Sora introduced.

"Hello," Kairi greeted.

"Lillie."

"Illima."

"Lana."

"Kiawe."

"Mallow."

"Sophocles."

"Acerola."

"Mina."

"Hapu."

"It's nice to meet you," Cassandra said. The group stepped outside and she called out her Paras put of its Pokéball. "My Paras will be your opponent."

"A Paras?" Sora queationed taking out his Pokédex.

Paras, the Mushroom Pokémon

Type: Bug/Grass

Paras has parasitic mushrooms growing on its back called tochukaso. They grow large by drawing nutrients from this Bug Pokémon host. They are highly valued as a medicine for extending life.

Pikachu went up to Paras to say hello, but Paras just got scared and backed away behind Cassandra's legs.

"Paras! You can't give up already!" Cassandra said to her Paras.

"Your Paras dosen't wanna battle," Sora pointed out.

"You're right," Cassandra said. "I want my Paras to evolve into a Parasect very soon, but it's too scared to battle."

"But why do you want Paras to evolve that badly?" Mallow asked.

"I need Parasect's mushroom," Cassandra answered. "After Paras evolves, I can make a new potion especially for Pokémon. And I can use the potion to help Pokémon all over the world!"

"That's a good reason," Kairi said. "I guess we'll do whatever we can to help you out."

"But which one of us is going to battle with that Paras?" Lana asked.

Sora and the Alolan nine all looked amongst themselves. Sora thought of sending in Charmeleon and Torracat, but that would be overkill because of Type and they seem to be at a higher level than Paras. Sora looked over to Pikachu. He knew Electric Type attacks won't do much damage on a Grass Type.

"Okay, Pikachu. Just this once we'll throw the fight for Paras, okay? It's for a good cause," Sora said to Pikachu."

"Pika," Pikachu nodded and went over to Paras. Pikachu and Paras looked over at each other. Paras was too timid. Sora had to think about how to lose on purpose. So Sora had an idea on how to do it.

"Okay! Pikachu! Go!" Sora called out.

"Pika!" Pikachu stood his ground.

"Paras! Stun Spore!" Paras let out Stun Spore to paralyze Pikachu. Pikachu moved out of the way. Paras charged at Pikachu with a full force of its might.

"Pikachu! Just stand there and take a beating!" Sora called out.

Pikachu felt silly doing it, but it was for a good cause. Paras scratched at Pikachu. Paras kept scratching and scratching until Pikachu just fell to the ground "beaten."

"Way to go, Paras!" Cassandra said smiling. "You just won!" Paras was surprised to see Pikachu on the ground after a few scratches. Pikachu got back up and went back to Sora. Sora pulled out his Dive Ball and let out Poliwhirl.

"Poliwhirl, how about you let Paras win this one?" Sora whispered to Poliwhirl.

"Poli?"

"I know we don't normally do that, but it's to help Paras evolve," okay?" Sora asked.

"Poliwhirl," Poliwhirl understood and accepted.

"Okay, just stand there and let Paras scratch you," Sora said. Paras moved in and shook a little. Paras scratched and scratched at Poliwhirl. Poliwhirl sttod there taking a few more scratches from the little bug Pokémon and fell to the ground beaten. "Oh, that's two for two! Keep it up, tiger!"

"Paras! Paras!"

"Is anyone getting what's going on here?" Kiawe asked.

"What do you mean?" Lana asked.

"What I don't get is how Sora is just throwing the fight on purpose and Paras is acting like a big shot just after a few weak scratches," Kiawe said.

"Way to go, Paras!" Cassandra praised. "Just keep going!"

"Okay, let's give it one more go," Sora said after calling Poliwhirl back. He pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Alright, Wartortle! Go for it!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Wartortle. Sora went over to Wartortle and whispered into his ear. "Wartortle, just throw the battle just this once." Wartortle looked at Sora like he was crazy. "You'll be doing a good thing. And I can find a way to make it up to you, later." Wartortle nodded amd agreed. Wartortle just stood there and took the scratches from Paras. Paras gave kept going and going and gave Wartortle one strong jab on Wartortle and fell on the back of his shell. Paras stood there amazed and started to evolve.

"Paras!" Cassandra said awestruck.

"Paras is evolving!" Sora said.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

Paras transformed into a much bigger crab-like Pokémon with a large mushroom on its back.

"Parasect!" Cassandra beamed hugging Parasect. "You evolved!"

Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned this Pokémon in front of them.

Parasect, the Mushroom Pokémon

The evolved form of Paras

Type: Bug/Grass

Parasect is known to infest large trees en masse and drain nutrients from the lower trunk and roots. When an infested tree dies, they move onto another tree all at once.

"That's great!" Sora said helping Wartortle up on his feet.

"Wartortle," Wartortle wheezed.

"Thank you for your help, Sora!" Cassandra said happily. "It's all thanks to you that I can now make my new miracle potion!"

"Well, losing on purpose isn't the easiest thing to do. Right, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

"Thanks again for everything," Cassandra said.

"It's not no problem," Sora said.

"We're just happy to help put," Kairi said.

"Just let us know when your new potion gets out," Illima said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine said their goodbyes to Cassandra, Parasect and Cassandra's grandmother as they set off for their journey.

Sora and his friends did restock on their supplies of Potions and Antidotes, as well as food for the Pokémon and their trainers.

Just as the group made a stop, he gave Wartortle and Poliwhirl some special training to make up for the battle they had to throw.

"Again, I am sorry for making you guys do that," Sora said apologizing.

"Tortle," Wartortle said.

"Whirl," Poliwhirl said.

"Just glad you guys understand," Sora said patting his two Water Types on the head. Sora kept training the two until Sora called them back for some rest. Sora went to check on Kairi. He saw her giving the egg a good rubbing.

"Does that feel good?" Kairi asked the egg. Sora smiled at the sight. "You're such a clean little eggy." Then she felt something happen. "Oh!"

"What is it, Kairi?" Sora asked.

"The egg. It moved," Kairi said.

"Let me feel," Sora said placing his hand on the egg. "I don't feel anything."

"Well, I just felt it move," Kairi said.

"It's probably still not strong enough yet," Sora said.

"I guess you're right," Kairi said. Later that night as Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine set up for bed. Kairi kept the egg close to her and smiled. "Goodnight, little egg. I'll see you in the morning." Kairi fell right to sleep.

Just as everyone else slept, Sora woke right up and walked over to Kairi. He watched her sleep with the egg in her arms.

"Maybe Mallow was right about me and the egg. I might just smash it by mistake," Sora said in his thoughts. "And it was better for Kairi to have this one." He placed his hand on the egg and felt it move. He got wide-eyed and smiled. "I'm looking forward to meeting you," Sora whispered. Sora gave a kiss on Kairi's forehead and went back to sleep.

There you have it, Sora and Kairi had found Togepi's egg and she'll have Togepi as her own Pokémon. It'll be soon until Togepi hatches from his egg. Just keep waiting and see!