Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon! ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 48: Attack Of The Prehistoric Pokémon!

A couple of days went by since Poliwag evolved into a Poliwhirl and Sora and Kairi found a mysterious Pokémon egg. By then, the egg was getting closer and closer to hatching.

"So how much longer until that egg hatches?" Sophocles asked.

"Probably within a few days," Illima said.

"Well, I'm looking forward to meeting whatever is in it," Mallow said.

"Same here," Kiawe said.

As the group continued on towards Cinnabar Island they happen to bump into some familiar faces once again.

"Riku! Naminé!" Sora called out getting their attention.

"Sora," Riku said running up to him. "We just keep running into each other, don't we?"

"You know it," Sora said shaking his hand.

"Hello Kairi," Naminé greeted.

"Hi Naminé," Kairi greeted back.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu greeted.

"Eevee!" Eevee greeted back.

Riku looked towards his old classmates and smiled.

"Hey you guys. Still hanging around him?" Riku asked.

"Like Sora said; you know it," Kiawe said.

"So, how are you between you and Kairi?" Riku asked placing his arm around Sora.

"Good as ever," Sora said.

"You sure?" Riku asked.

"I could be asking about you and Naminé," Sora teased. Riku's face turned red in embarrassment.

"I don't know what you mean," Riku lied.

"Aha! I knew it! You have a thing for Naminé," Sora said.

"Well," Riku stammered.

"It's okay, Riku. You can tell me," Sora said.

"Oh, okay. I do have a thing for Naminé," Riku admitted. "I mean she is pretty cute and all. But..."

"You're not sure if Naminé feels anything for you?" Sora asked making Riku nod. "You'll never know unless you tell her."

"How would you know, wise guy?" Riku asked.

"I wasn't sure if Kairi had any feelings for me and since then, we've been a close couple," Sora said. Riku smiled feeling better.

"You do have a point there, Sora," Riku said. "Thanks for the pep talk."

"Any time," Sora said.

"Where did you find that egg?" Naminé asked.

"Sora and I found it just a couple of days ago. We've decided that I should raise the Pokémon that hatches from it," Kairi said.

"How nice. But I have to admit that I'm a little jealous," Naminé admitted. "I can bet that the Pokémon inside the egg will be so very cute when it hatches."

"Well I won't be raising it alone. Sora and Pikachu will be helping me. But also Illima and the others too," Kairi said.

"It must be nice," Naminé said.

Riku, Naminé, and Eevee joined up with Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine for a short time once again and they came across twelve familiar faces.

"Well, if it isn't it Ketchum and his friends," Tai greeted.

"Hey Tai," Sora greeted.

"It's been a couple of days since we've seen you guys," Kairi said.

"It sure has," Matt said.

"So what have you guys been up to?" Ken asked.

"Just traveling as usual. We also found a Pokémon egg, so Kairi is taking care of it," Sora said taking out his Dive Ball and tossing it in the air letting out Poliwhirl. "And we're getting stronger too!"

"Your Poliwag evolved!" Kari said.

"Poliwhirl!" Poliwhirl nodded.

"Getting stronger all the time," Sara repeated smiling and finally noticing Riku, Naminé, and Eevee with them. "Who are they?"

"Right. You guys haven't met. Guys, this is Riku and Naminé. Riku came from the Alola region the same as Lillie and the rest. Plus the Eevee with them belongs to Riku. Riku, Naminé, Eevee. Meet some friends we met in Saffon City. Tai, Kari, Matt, TK, Sara, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, Davis, Cody, Yolei, and Ken," Sora introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Riku," Tai said.

"Back at you," Riku said. Kari bent down to Eevee smiling at the little Pokémon.

"Your Eevee is such a little cutie," Kari said. She attempted to pet the little Pokémon only for Eevee to climb up to Riku.

"My Eevee is only used to me and Naminé," Riku said.

"Eevee," Eevee nodded.

"Your Eevee has such a shiny coat," Joe said examining Eevee. "You did a great job at raising it."

"Thanks," Riku said.

Everyone explained to Riku and Naminé on how they knew each other. Just then, they passed by a poster that indicates a great fossil rush on the very next day.

"Look at that," Sophocles said.

"The Great Fossil Rush, huh?" Izzy said. "Propokus! An opportunity to dig for the fossils of prehistoric Pokémon!"

Everyone got to the sight and signed up for the exhibition to join in the fossil rush. As night came, Kairi gave the egg to Sora to watch as she went to grab a couple of burgers and sodas for the two of them to enjoy. Kairi was walking back to the spot she and Sora was sharing when Gary happens to spot her. Gary became lovestruck at the sight of her and ran towards her.

"Well hello there, Kairi," Gary greeted. Kairi looked at him with a disgusted look on her face having to run into him again. Kairi didn't want to be rude and greeted back to him.

"Um, hi. It's been a long while," Kairi said. "And not long enough," Kairi said in her thoughts.

"So what brings you here? Are you come here to watch me dig up some fossils? I'm hoping that you and me can have dinner at a nice restaurant," Gary offered.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Kairi answered. "I'm already seeing someone. And I'm going to meet with him. So, I'll be on my way."

"Could it be true? Could she have fallen for some other guy? Who could be that's even better than me?! It couldn't be that loser Sora! One way or the other, I will win the heart of Kairi and make her my girlfriend and then in the years that follows, my eventual fiance," Gary said in his thoughts.

Kairi was glad to get away from Gary. She saw Sora waiting for her to come back holding the egg.

"Well, looks who's back," Sora greeted with a smile.

"How's the egg?" Kairi asked.

"The same as ever," Sora answered. Kairi handed him a burger and Soda to him just as he gives the egg back to her.

"I hope you didn't miss me too much," Kairi said to the egg.

"Hey, I missed you too," Sora playfully pouted making Kairi giggle.

"I'm sorry, Sora," Kairi said giving a light kiss on the lips. "Does that feel better?"

"Only if it came from you," Sora said smiling.

Pikachu was occupying hinself with the Pokémon food Kairi had made for him. It always made Pikachu feel good to see those two having a good time together.

On the very next morning, every got up bright and early and got to work on digging for Pokémon fossils.

Sora raised a pick and rammed it to the ground hard. He kept going and going until he found something. What he found was in the shape of a dome.

"Look at that," Sora said as he pulled out the fossil. It was pretty heavy due to the size of the fossil. "This thing must have been huge when it was alive!"

"Let me see that, young man!" an expert called out holding a magnifying glass. "My, my, my. What you found is the reamins of a Kabuto! And it was indeed a big one." Sora beamed to his discovery. "So, tell me your name as I will know who made the discovery!"

"Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town," Sora answered the expert. The expert took the notes of Sora's discovery and placed the fossil on a dolly cart.

Elsewhere in the canyon, Riku and Naminé were digging in another spot when Gary dressed up as Indiana Jones walked up. His expression turned sour at the sight of him.

"You again?!" Gary exclaimed. Riku turned to see Gary next to him.

"Well, if it isn't it Gary Joke," Riku teased.

"It's Gary OAK!" Gary snapped at him. "And what the hell are you doing here?!"

"Digging for fossils same as you," Riku said. "And what's with the outfit? Are you cosplaying or is it a Halloween costume?"

Gary started to get pissed off. Gary quickly shook it off and started to dig when he found a fossil of his own.

"Ha! Success! My first fossil! How do you like them apples, Riku?" Gary taunted.

"Yay! Gary! Gary! He's the best! He found the before the rest! Go Gary!"

"Actually someone else found one before you, young man," the same expert took the fossil from his hand and analyzed it looking through his magnifying glass.

"Impressive, isn't it? I found it on my first try! It looks like the brain from an extinct Pokémon," Gary said.

"No it isn't a brain," the expert corrected Gary.

"Then what is it?" Gary asked wanting to know what it is.

"It's fossilized Pokémon manure," the expert said making Gary fall on his side.

"Oh yuck! Gross!" The cheerleaders exclaimed disgusted.

"Wow, look at that. Gary found Pokémon shit," Riku said laughing hard. Gary growled at Riku.

"I seriously hate that guy," Gary snarled. Gary took a look at the huge Kabuto fossil and ran right towards it. "What the?! Who found this one?"

"Some other young man around your age," the expert said. "I believe he said his name is Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town."

"WHAT?! THAT LOSER FOUND THAT HUGE FOSSIL BEFORE ME?!" Gary exclaimed. Gary shrugged and shook it off. "Whatever. I bet I can find one that's even more impressive than that one."

"You do that, Gary," Riku said as he continued digging. His shovel hit something and he dug it up and it reveals to be a skull. It looked like a reptilian Pokémon with its teeth at the bottom jaw. The expert went to Riku's discovery with amazement.

"Incredible! A skull of an Aerodactyl! Please tell me your name so I can archive this!" The expert pleaded.

"I'm Riku. I came from Iki Town on Mele Mele Island," Riku answered.

Gary was flabbergasted by the sight. Not only Sora beat him to finding the remains of a large Kabuto, but a skull of an Aerodactyl as well. Gary and his cheerleaders moved to another spot to start digging.

Meanwhile, Sora and his friends moved to another spot to start digging.

"This looks like a good spot," Sora said.

"Then let's get to work," Kiawe said as he and the group got started.

"What's taking those two so long?" Meowth asked grabbing their attention. "Those humans are so undependable."

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fi-"

Meowth conks Jessie and James on the head with his small mallet.

"Cut the poetry! I bet you two clowns didn't even plant the dynamite like you were supposed to!" Meowth hissed at them. Jessie grabbed the mallet and smacks Meowth with it. Rocks fall onto Meowth burying him.

"Wrong again, flea bag!" Jessie said. "Of course we planted the dynamite."

"Once we blow blast the canyon to smithereens, we can move in and swipe all those fossils!" James added. Meowth emerged from the rubble.

"I'll make fossils out of you if you don't watch it!" Meowth yelled to them.

"Did you hear that?" Kairi asked worried.

"They're going to blow up this canyon!" Lana said.

"And everyone down there is going to get caught in the blast!" Illima exclaimed.

"They could either get hurt and/or killed!" Hapu said.

"We can't let that happen!" Sora said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu agreed.

"Kairi, you and the others head on down and warn everyone about the dynamite, while Pikachu and I stop Team Rocket!" Sora said.

"Okay," Kairi said as she and the Alolan nine went down on in the canyon.

"Soon we will have all the fossils to ourselves," Meowth said lighting the fuse.

"Stop right there!" Sora called out.

"Oh, it's that pest again!" James exclaimed.

"Always foiling up our plans!" Jessie snarled.

"You're too late this time, because the fuse is already lit," Meowth said smirking. Sora took a Pokéball and Dive Ball.

"Oh, no you don't!" Sora said tossing them. "Wartortle! Poliwhirl! Go!" The balls opens and lets out Wartortle and Poliwhirl. "Both of you! Water Gun on that fuse!"

They shot their Water Gun attacks to put out the fuse. Sora, Pikachu, and the water Pokémon went after the fuse. Team Rocket wasn't going to have that.

"Arbok! Go!" Jessie said tossing her Pokéball.

"Weezing, go! Keep that fuse lit!" James said tossimg his Pokéball.

Arbok and Weezing are let out and they went after them. Wartortle and Poliwhirl kept firing Water Gun with Team Rocket in pursuit. James tripped over a small rock, Jessie, Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing were caught in the fall and started to roll. Sora, Pikachu, Wartortle, and Poliwhirl were caught in the roll and fell off a small cliff. Pikachu got loose from the pile as the fuse was getting closer to the dynamite.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at the dynamite much to Sora's horror.

"Pikachu, no!" Sora called out. The electric attack hits the dynamite. Pikachu realized the mistake he made and the dynamite exploded. The ground beneath them opens and Sora, Pikachu, and Team Rocket falls into the cavern below them screaming.

Hearing the explosion, Kairi along with the Alolan nine came with Tai, Kari, Matt, TK, Sara, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken.

"Sora! Pikachu!" Kairi called out. They saw Wartortle and Poliwhirl at the closed cavern. "Wartortle, Poliwhirl! What happened?"

"Wartortle," Wartortle said pointing to the rocks.

"They fell in there?" Kairi asked. Poliwhirl and Wartortle nodded.

"We better dig them out," Mallow said.

"Good idea," TK said.

"We better get started, then," Joe said.

Everyone started to dig through the rocks in order to reach Sora and Pikachu. Underneath, they found themselves in some sort of cave beneath them.

"Where are we?" James asked.

"I'm not sure," Jessie said.

"It looks like we're in the center of the earth. That dynamite must have blown a hole in the ceiling and we all fell in," Meowth said. "And now we're buried alive."

"Buried?!" Jessie and James exclaimed.

"This is all your fault, you little do-gooder!" Jessie accused.

"If you didn't try to put out that fuse, we wouldn't end up being down here!" James also accused.

"Well, at least it wasn't my idea to bring in dynamite and blow up a canyon and get innocent bystanders killed all because of your greed!" Sora snapped back at them.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu also snapped at them

"What difference does that make who's fault is?! All that matters is getting out of here in one piece! Look up there!" Meowth said pointing to the ceiling blocked with rocks. They all looked up and saw it.

"Meowth is right. We should try to find a way out of here," Sora said. "Let's get started."

"Pi?" Pikachu's ears twitched.

"What's wrong, Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pika, Pika, Pika!" Pikachu said pointing to ahead.

They all turned and saw a bunch of eyes glowing red in the distance. It didn't take long before they were completely surrounded.

"I don't think we're in here alone," Jessie said scared.

"And what gave that away?" Sora sarcastically asked.

The figures in the shadows approached Sora, Pikachu, and Team Rocket as they were revealed to be Pokémon approaching them. One set of them has a brown hard shell on the back, and small black eyes on the shell, and yellow eyes on the underside of the shell. It had yellow pointed limbs. Another set of these Pokémon were standing on their hind legs and had sharp sickles on their arms. It has six hard spikes going down from the back of its neck, three on each side that lead down towards the beginning of its tail. Its head is covered in a rock-hard, semicircular-shaped armor. A tail protrudes from its back, bearing the same color as approximately seventy-five percent of its body. Another set of these Pokémon has a blue soft body a spiral shell with two large eyes. And the final set were similar to the other ones, butbtheir shells has spikes on the back, and it has a beak-like mouth, extra tentacles on the side and two large yellow eyes.

"Are they what I think they are?" Sora asked slowly taking out his Pokédex.

Omanyte, the Spiral Pokémon

Type: Rock/Water

Omanyte in lived in the sea during prehistoric times. It swam through the water in order to hunt for prey. It also uses its ten tentacles to fight back from attacking predators.

Omastar, the Spiral Pokémon

The evolved form of Omanyte

Type: Rock/Water

Omastar uses its tentacles to capture its prey. It is believed to have become extinct because its shell grew too large and heavy, causing its movements to become too slow and ponderous.

Kabuto, the Shellfish Pokémon

Type: Rock/Water

This Pokémon thrived 300 million years ago. Kabuto is said to emerge onto both land and sea. This Pokémon became extinct everywhere. It protects itself with its hard shell.

Kabutops, the Shellfish Pokémon

The evolved form of Kabuto

Type: Rock/Water

Kabutops swam underwater to hunt for its prey in ancient times. The Pokémon was apparently evolving from being a water dweller to living on land as evident from the beginnings of change in its gills and legs.

"I knew it. They're prehistoric Pokémon living in this cave," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. Jessie and James's faces lit up to the sight.

"This is pretty big!" James exclaimed. "We are going to be rich! We can open up our very own Jurrasic Park!"

"Even the boss will be impressed with us!" Jessie also exclaimed.

"I can have my very own talk show about this!" Meowth said beaming.

"Don't celebrate just yet, you guys. Because they don't look happy to see us here," Sora pointed out.

"Chu," Pikachu said sharing concern with Sora.

"And why is that?" Jessie asked.

"They look like they were living here happily, and then we came here uninvited. And they don't want us here," Sora said.

"So they think we're invading their home," James pointed out.

"Would it do any good to tell them that it was an accident?" Meowth asked.

"And what good would that do?" Sora asked.

"Oh, who cares? Let's just capture them!" Jessie said taking out a Pokéball.

"Of course!" James agreed.

"Go, Pokéball!" Jessie and James both said in unison throwing the Pokéballs. Kabutops slashes through the Pokéballs in half.

"We'll have to battle our way through," Sora said taking out his Pokéballs. "Charmeleon! Torracat! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéballs. Charmeleon and Torracat are let out.

"Charmeleon! Dragon Claw! Torracat! Shadow Claw!" Sora ordered as the two fire Pokémon slashed through some of the prehistoric Pokémon making a path. "Run for it!"

Team Rocket didn't need to be told twice since they started running along with Sora. They kept running as more and more started to appear.

Out on the surface, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee had shown up with Officer Jenny. Kairi and the others explained to them that Team Rocket were responsible for the blast and they were digging them out.

"The bulldozers can't make it through! I'll go get some help!" Officer Jenny said doing exactly that. Riku, Naminé, and Eevee joined in on the digging.

"You better be alive down there, Sora," Riku said in his thoughts. He took out his Pokéballs and threw them. "Incineroar! Lycanroc! Salandit! Help us out!" Incineroar, Lycanroc, and Salandit started to dig through the rubble.

Sora and Team Rocket tried to lose the prehistoric Pokémon.

"No matter how many we take down, more kept coming!" James exclaimed.

"Stop complaining! We have to get through them if we're going to get out of here!" Jessie said.

"She's right! If we don't fight them off, we'll get killed!" Meowth agreed.

Pikachu shocked the Omanyte, Kabuto, and Omastar as they were attacking. Charmeleon and Torracat swiped at the Kabutops as they were going to swing their sickles. Suddenly a loud screeching roar was heard. The Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, and Omastar stopped attacking and started to retreat.

"A miracle! It's a miracle!" Jessie beamed.

"We're alive!" James added.

"Something scared them away; and I don't think it was us," Sora said.

"Of course we scared them away," Jessie said.

"What else could be down here besides us?" James asked.

"Listen," Sora said.

Team Rocket kept quiet as they heard what sounds like flapping. Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing huddled together. Charmeleon climbed onto a rock to see what was coming.

"The twerp is right. I hear something coming this way! And that's what scared them off!" Meowth said.

The mysterious figure flying above is revealed to be a gray reptilian Pokémon that acts as a pterodactyl. It flies and hits Charmeleon on the forehead knocking him off the rock. Team Rocket were frightened by the sight of the Pokémon that appeared before them. Sora shook a little and took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Aerodactyl, the Fossil Pokémon

Type: Rock/Flying

Aerodactyl has been called the tyrannosaurus rex of the skies. This vicious Pokémon is said to have flown in ancient skies while shrieking high-pitched cries. Aerodactyl is a vicious predator.

"It sure looks vicious to me," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"Does that mean we're on the menu?" James questioned.

"It sure seems that way," Jessie said.

"I hope it doesn't like cat food!" Meowth shivered in fear.

Aerodactyl flies down the rock it perched on to attack. Sora, Pikachu, Torracat, and Team Rocket started to run for their lives as Aerodactyl chases them.

"Sora!" Kairi called through the rocks. "Can you hear me?!"

"Yeah! Get us out of here! And hurry up!" Sora called back. Aerodactyl come back down and picks Sora up in its claw and flies towards the rocks above. Pikachu, Charmeleon, and Torracat jumps onto Aerodactyl's tail. Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Tai, Kari, Matt, TK, Sara, Izzy, Joe, Davis, Ken, Yolei, Cody, and the other Pokémon were busy movin the rocks when a sound came from underneath them.

"I think I hear something," Sophocles said.

"We better move!" Riku stated.

Everyone moved out of the way as Aerodactyl flew out still carrying Sora. Pikachu, Charmeleon, and Torracat fell and let go of Aerodactyl's tail.

"Pikachu! Charmeleon! Torracat! Where's Sora?" Kairi asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu pointed. Everyone got wide-eyed at what they saw.

"Holy crap! An Aerodactyl!" Matt exclaimed.

"That's not possible," Izzy said.

"Sora!" Kairi called out. Aerodactyl landed holding Sora in its claw. Charmeleon stared at Aerodactyl.

"Look at what you did, you flying lizard!" - Charmeleon subtitle.

Aerodactyl gave Charmeleon an eyelid taunt infuriating Charmeleon. All of a sudden, Charmeleon started to evolve. Everyone was caught off guard by Charmeleon's burst of evolution.

Charmeleon had now evolved into a Charizard and let out a Flamethrower after evolving. Charizard then started to fly in the air for the very first time.

"No way!" Sophocles said in disbelief.

"Charmeleon has evolved into a Charizard!" Kairi said.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

Aerodactyl flew off still carrying Sora as Charizard flew after Aerodactyl. Charizard fired Flamethrower at Aerodactyl and then hits Sora.

"Who's side are you on?!" Sora called out.

Charizard flew after Aerodactyl, but eventually he caught up with the prehistoric Pokémon swiping at Aerodactyl with his Dragon Claw. Aerodactyl dropped its prey as he began plummeting to his doom. All of his friends gasped at the sight.

"Sora!" Kairi called out in horror.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu also called out in fright.

Kairi covered her eyes not wanting to see her boyfriend fall to his death. Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine Riku's Pokémon, Tai and the rest watched as he falls. But luckily, Charizard swoops under him and flies back up in the air.

"He's okay!" TK said. Kairi uncovered her eyes and saw he was okay.

"What a relief," Kairi said feeling her fears disappear.

"Thanks for the save, Charizard!" Sora said as Charizard gave off a loud roar. "Now let's get that Aerodactyl! Use Dragon Claw again!" Charizard flew towards Aerodactyl and gave a hard swipe at the Aerodactyl. "Fire Fang!" Charizard's fangs emitted fire and bit Aerodactyl at the neck. Aerodactyl fought back hitting Charizard on the side letting go. "Now use Wing Attack!" Charizard charged at Aerodactyl hitting it with his wings. "Flamethrower!" Charizard fired his Flamethrower right at Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl fell to the ground. Sora took out a Pokéball and threw it at the fallen prehistoric Pokémon. Aerodactyl flows inside the Pokéball. It wobbles around and around for a bit. Sora knew Aerodactyl wasn't going to be easy to contain. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Gotcha! I got myself an Aerodactyl!" Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Aerodactyl with him or send it to Professor Oak's lab. He sends the newly captured Pokémon to Professor Oak's lab.

Charizard lands back with the group. Sora climbs off and Kairi tackels him to the ground and hugs him tight.

"Sora! You had me so worried sick. Don't you ever make me worry like that ever again!" Kairi said as she hugged him even tighter.

"I promise. I promise. Now think you can let me go so as I can breathe?" Sora wheezed. Kairi let go of him.

"Sorry," Kairi apologized.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you worry about me like that," Sora said hugging Kairi good.

Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy and everyone else at the sight.

"We got here as soon as we could. Sorry it took so long to get here!" Officer Jenny said. "What happened?"

Just before anyone could give an explanation, Jigglypuff shows up and starts singing to the huge crowd thinking she has a huge audience. Everyone starts falling asleep. Jigglypuff stopped singing and saw everybody asleep through the song.

"Jigglypuff, puff!" Jigglypiff took the top off of her microphone marker and scribbles on everbody's faces starting with Sora.

Everyone woke up, so Sora explained to Officer Jenny that Team Rocket were behind the explosion and tried to stop them. He left out the part of seeing a bunch of Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, and Omastar since he figured she wouldn't believe a word of it. And told her that he just found a way out leaving out the part of Aerodactyl.

Officer Jenny went with that and announced no more digging is to be done due to further cave collapses. Gary was pretty skeptical about what happened and walked up to him.

"Just how did you get out of that cave?" Gary asked.

"Would you believe me if I told you?" Sora answered the question with a question.

"Whatever. You may have found a fossil before I did, but you're still a loser to me, anyway," Gary said walking off.

Sora would have been snapped at Gary for that remark, but he felt better knowing he found something before Gary did. Kairi, Riku, Naminé the Alolan nine and the rest wanted to hear what happened to Sora and Pikachu while he was in the cave.

"So what happened down there?" Acerola asked.

"What did you see?" Izzy asked.

"Well it's like this. After we got dropped into the cave below us, we found a bunch of prehistoric Pokémon down there," Sora said. "Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, and Omastar. I didn't mention that to Officer Jenny because she would think I was making it up."

"After seeing that Aerodactyl, we know you weren't," Tai said.

"And not to mention, that was a pretty good catch," Illima added.

"It sure is. The Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, and Omastar might be happy that Aerodactyl is gone," Sora said.

"It could be possible it might have been the only one in there," Izzy theorized.

"Yeah, maybe," Sora agreed.

"But there's one thing that's on my mind right now," Riku said. "What happened to Team Rocket?"

"No idea," Sora answered. "They're probably still in the cave below. And knowing them, they'll just show up whenever they want."

All of Sora's friends all agreed since that was very, very, true. Team Rocket does have a habit of showing up whenever they wanted.

A little while later, Sora looked up in the night sky sitting on a boulder. Kairi walks up from behind holding the egg in her arms.

"Hey, Sora. Mind if I join you?" Kairi asked.

"Sure thing," Sora said. Kairi sat right next to him and looked at him. "What's on your mind?"

"I just wanted to say that I was really scared today. I thought I was going to lose you when you fell from Aerodactyl's grip. But it was a good thing Charmeleon evolved and saved you just in time," Kairi said.

"I'm sorry, Kairi. I'm sorry that I scared you like that today. I promise that I'll never make you worry like that again," Sora said.

"Well, I'll probably end up worrying about you as time goes on," Kairi said.

"Yeah. I guess," Sora agreed.

"But it'll be my job to worry about you. And I promise it'll get even more worse," Kairi said.

"I can live with that. And I promise that I'll endure it anyway as I can," Sora said.

"And that's a deal. And how should we seal it, Sora?" Kairi asked her boyfriend.

"I think I know the answer to that question," Sora said. Kairi giggled as she also knew what he had in mind.

The couple moved their faces to each other and sealed that pact with a passionate kiss. Sora put his arms around Kairi, still holding the egg; not dropping it. They became so lost in their own world, it didn't matter who was watching them kiss. Just then, Gary was in the area and he watched them kissing each on the lips. Gary's eyes began to water up in tears as he felt his heart shatter in a million pieces. He bit his lower lip a little hard, not caring if he was bleeding.

"She loves him?!" Gary exclaimed in his thoughts. "Kairi's boyfriend is that fourth-rate loser Sora?! I won't accept this! I refuse to accept this! She was supposed to fall for me! She was supposed to fall in love with me!" Gary just ran off with his eyes filled with tears heartbroken, but not admitting defeat.

The next morning came along as Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine said their goodbyes to their friends once again and set off with their journey.

But as for Team Rocket. The prehistoric Pokémon were asleep as Team Rocket were trying make their way out without waking any of them up.

"Carefully. Carefully. Don't make a sound. Don't even sneeze," Meowth whispered. James sneezed waking the prehistoric Pokémon up and chasing them once again.

Team Rocket kept running and running until they all fell into a flowing river and got washed off in the currents. The Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, and Omastar would have continued to chase after them, but they saw no point in chasing them since the current was too strong anyway and they were pretty sleepy. They got washed out and fell through a waterfall.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET IS SPLASHING OFF AGAIN!"

They fell into the lake below and got washed ashore. James spat some water out his mouth.

"I don't know how we did it, but I'm just glad we got out of that mess," James said panting.

"Me too," Jessie said also panting.

"Me three," Meowth said also panting.

"At least the worse is over," Jessie said, but it became too premature when a bunch of angry Pinsir came out of the woods and clamping their pincers.

"Maybe not," Meowth said.

The Pinsir started to chase Team Rocket, but they eventually caught up and started to give them a brutal toss.

"This is not how it happened in the anime!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Why do we always have to have such bad luck?!" James also exclaimed.

"Please let this chapter end so we don't end up being someone else's punching bag!" Meowth pleaded.