Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ So Near Yet So Farfetch'd ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 49: So Near Yet So Farfetch'd

A few days went by since Sora's encounter with prehistoric Pokémon and Charmeleon evolving into a Charizard. Sora felt pretty proud since he captured an Aerodactyl since a prehistoric Pokémon made a pretty good addition to the team. Sora accessed his Pokédex and exchanged Torracat and Poliwhirl for his Psyduck and Dratini.

The group made a stop for a short time when Sora went off to stretch his legs when he was approached by a boy wearing a baseball cap.

"You a Pokémon trainer?" the kid asked.

"Yeah?" Sora responded.

"I wanna battle you!" He said taking out his Pokéball and holding it in front. "What do ya say?"

"I would say you're on," Sora said.

"Great!" the boy said tossing his Pokéball. "Magby! Go!" The kid said threw his Pokéball letting out Magby.

"Okay, Wartortle! Let's go!" Sora took out his Pokéball and threw it.

"Wartortle!" Wartortle shouted upon entry.

"Magby! Ember!" the kid ordered as Magby spat out a fireball. That did very little danage.

"Wartortle, use Water Gun!" Sora ordered as Wartortle shot Water Gun right at Magby, knocking the little Pokémon out in one hit. He called back his Magby.

"Okay, you got lucky! Now here's my next Pokémon!" The boy pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Tyrogue! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a small small, bipedal, humanoid Pokémon. Its skin tone is purple in color with brown trunks and shoes. Its appearance is similar to that of someone wearing an old football uniform. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Tyrogue, the Scuffle Pokémon

Type: Fighting

Tyrogue becomes stressed out if it does not get to train every day. When raising this Pokémon, the Trainer must establish and uphold various training methods.

"Wartortle! You good to go?" Sora asked.

"War!" Wartortle answered.

"Great! Wartortle! Use Aqua Tail!" Sora ordered as Wartortle's fluffy tail became engulfed in water and swung at the Tyrogue.

"Tyrogue! Dodge it!" The kid called out. Tyrogue runs out of the way in time before the move could hit. "Tackle!" Tyrogue rushes to Wartortle.

Wartortle dodge and Tyrogue tripped and fell. Sora, Pikachu, and Wartortle facepalmed as the boy grew frustrated at the sight.

"This isn't even going to work," Sora deadpanned.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"Tortle," Wartortle added.

"Tyrogue! Tackle again!" The kid ordered as Tyrogue charged at Wartortle again. The turtle Pokémon stepped aside not wanting to battle the little Pokémon anymore. Tyrogue went to bash at Wartortle, only for him to hold it back with one hand. Tyrogue tried to push through with its arms swinging. Wartortle just gave a light push to Tyrogue and it fell on its back. "Oh, forget it! Tyrogue return!" The boy called Tyrogue back inside. He pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Hapiny! Go!" The Pokéball opens to reveal a small Pokémon quite similar to Chansey. It has a red pouch that covers the bottom half of its body. It has something in its red pouch shaped like an egg and has three bumps on its forehead and a hair-like appendage tied into a ponytail. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the small Pokémon.

Happiny, the Playhouse Pokémon

Type: Normal

It carries a round, egg-shaped rock in its belly pouch and gives the rock to its friends. It loves round white things. It carries an egg-shaped rock in imitation of Chansey.

"So that's a mini-Chansey," Sora joked. "Kairi's heart will melt at the sight of this little one. Okay, Wartortle! Don't let its cute looks fool you! Be ready for anything!"

"Wartortle!" Wartortle said.

"Okay, Happiny! Start up with-" The boy was about to give the word when an older feminine voice called out from behind.

"Aha! There you are!" The new voice called out making the boy Sora was battling shake in fright.

"Huh?" Sora tilted his head.

"Pikachu," Pikachu also tilted his head.

The boy turned to see a girl with long dark pink hair and blue eyes. She wore a green shirt and a white long skirt. She stared at the boy pretty angry tapping her toes.

"I figured I'd find you here, Benjamin! How many times do I have to tell you to be careful out here with your Pokémon?" The girl asked sternly. "There's a Pokémon thief around here and no little brother of mine is going to lose his Pokémon like that!"

"I'm sorry, sis! I was getting bored and I wanted someone to battle, badly!" Benjamin said.

"We'll talk about it after we get home!" Benjamin's sister said. "Now call your Happiny back this minute!"

"Okay. Happiny, return," Benjamin said calling his Happiny back. She took her little brother by the hand and dragged him to Sora.

"Sorry that my little brother has been causing trouble for you," Benjamin's sister apologized.

"It's okay. But you mentioned something about a Pokémon thief around these parts?" Sora questioned.

"That's right. There's a rumor flying around about a Farfetch'd is seen around here. And there's talk about backpacks and other bags being switched around. Pokéballs replaced with rocks. So I would advise you to be careful," Benjamin's sister advices Sora.

"Sure thing. Thanks for the warning," Sora said taking his leave. Sora joins up to Kairi and the Alolan nine taking a lunch break in the meadow they're stopping at. As they ate, Sora warned all of his friends about a rumor of thefts going on involving a Farfetch'd.

"That sounds pretty scary," Lana said.

"I know I wouldn't want that to happen with me," Kiawe said.

"Me neither," Mallow said.

"Me neither," Sophocles said with Mina shaking her head.

"But if I do find the punk behind the thefts, I'll make him cry by kicking his ass and make his ass cry too! I'll make him wish that he was never even born!" Hapu stated.

"Well, if I knew some hexes, I'd give him nightmares every night to the day he dies," Acerola said chuckling very darkly.

"Okay, let's not say or do anything more that we may end up regretting," Sora said.

"Sora's right," Illima said. "No good can come out of a mere assault. But when we do catch the thief, the right thing to do is to turn him over to the authorities."

"I'm going to agree with Illima. I wouldn't know what I'll do if someone just stole this egg even before the Pokémon in it is born," Kairi said. Kairi picked up the egg from the small nest she made and gave it a gentle hug. "I won't let anyone take it from me."

Sora looked at his girlfriend and understood how she felt. He felt the same way if someone just took all of his Pokémon just like Team Rocket would have.

"We should finish up our lunch and get a move on," Sora said. "And we should all remember not to engage any Farfetch'd, no matter what."

"Right," Kairi and the Alolan nine agreed.

As soon as everyone was finished eating, everyone started to gather some berries to feed their Pokémon and some certain fruits to hand to Kairi so that she could make mix in a batch of Pokémon food for a special recipe she's thinking of trying.

Lillie doing some picking of her own. She place the berries she picked in her bag when she heard something coming down the road. It was a Farfetch'd marching down the road.

"Farfetch'd, Farfetch'd, Farfetch'd," Farfetch'd chanted while marching.

"A Farfetch'd. Wait a minute! Sora said not to engage it," Lillie remembered. "I'll just ignore it and it'll just go away." Lillie just turned away pretending not to notice and kept picking berries.

Farfetch'd looked at the blonde girl and decided to anti up the game. Farfetch'd twirls the leak with its wing. Nothing Lillie was trying was working, so she started to run away from the brown duck Pokémon. Farfetch'd just chased her.

"Look, I would like to play with you, but I don't have time to do it, so please go away!" Lillie pleaded. She ran as fast as her feet can carry her. She kept running through the woods until she bumped into a boy wearing a brown shirt with a red stripe going across the chest area. He had his brown hair tied in a ponytail with a tuft of hair that stands up at the side and slanted eyebrows.

"Ow! That hurts!" The boy said after running into Lillie. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. Here let me help you up." He took put his hand and pulled Lillie on her feet.

"Thank you. I wasn't looking where I was going either. I was getting away from a Pokémon linked to some thefts," Lillie explained.

"Is that so?" The boy asked handing over her bag. "Here you go."

"Thank you so much," Lillie said.

"Well, I'll be going now. See ya," The boy said running off.

"Hey wait!" Lillie called to him. "Oh well. At least I've lost that Farfetch'd. I should get back tonthe others before they start worrying about me." Lillie returned to the meadow with her friends waiting for her.

"There you are," Mallow said.

"What took you so long?" Kiawe asked.

"Sorry I'm late coming back. I was sidetracked," Lillie said.

"With what?" Kairi asked.

"I was picking some berries in the area when a Farfetch'd came along. I remembered the warning Sora gave us during lunch so I tried to ignore it. But nothing I did worked so I tried running from it," Lillie explained.

"Did you lose it?" Lana asked.

"I did," Lillie said in relief.

"So what kind of berries did you bring us?" Sora asked.

"I have them inside my bag," Lillie said opened her bag and gasped. "Oh no!"

"What's wrong?" Acerola asked.

"I must've picked up the wrong bag!" Lillie said pouring out the contents. They were all rocks wrapped in newspapers. "Snowy! Ponyta! They're gone!"

"Oh no!" Kairi gasped.

"How could this have happened?! I was so careful! My poor Snowy! And Ponyta too!" Lillie started to cry.

"There, there, don't cry," Mallow comforted her friend.

"Okay, you said you were running from that Farfetch'd. Do you remember anything that happened after that?" Sora asked.

"Well, there was a boy. He had brown hair tied in a ponytail and he handed this bag to me," Lillie described.

"A boy helped you?" Sophocles asked.

"Y-yes," Lillie sniffled.

"That little shit! He can't do that to Lillie and get away with it!" Hapu snarled.

"I don't condone such language, but I would have to agree," Illima said. "We should let Officer Jenny know about this."

"Good idea. It'll be no use to go after him and risk being victimized ourselves," Sora agreed.

Meanwhile, the boy from before carries Lillie's bag laughing hardly.

"Just like taking candy from a baby," he smiled. "Let's see what she's got." He peeked inside. "Two Pokémon? Oh well, it's better than nothing. Now they're mine." He laughed again.

"Farfetch'd, Far, Far!" Farfetch'd squawked.

Back to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine, they were on their way to report the theft to Officer Jenny when Gladion was in the area and spotted them.

"Sora! Lillie!" Gladion called out to him. Sora and the rest stopped and noticed him.

"Hey Gladion! There's no time to talk. We're on our way to report to the police," Sora said.

"What happened?" Gladion asked.

Sora, Kairi, and eight of the Alolan nine didn't know how to answer his question when Lillie was looking at her feet with tears in her eyes.

"Someone stole Snowy and Ponyta! Wah!" Lillie cried. Hearing someone stole his sister's Pokémon just made Galdion's blood boil as rage filled his eyes.

"Someone stole my sister's Pokémon?!" Gladion roared.

"Y-yes?" Sora stammered in fear.

"Can you describe the thief to me?" Gladion asked.

"A boy around my age. He has brown hair in a ponytail," Lillie described.

"She had a run-in with a Farfetch'd," Sora shook in fear. "I want you to know that we're all sorry about this."

"Don't be. It was none of your fault. I will find this thief and make him pay," Gladion vowed clutching his fist. "To steal from my sister is the same as stealing from me!" With that said, he took out his Premiere Ball and threw it. "Silvally! Go!" Silvally is let out and Gladion rides on its back. "You report it to the police. I'll go hunt him down."

Gladion riding on his Pokémon's back rode in the woods to search for him and the Farfetch'd. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued on to make their way to Officer Jenny's booth.

Right at the camp of the boy, he marveled at his latest thefts when Farfetch'd came in the tent.

"Fetch'd, Far, Far!" Farfetch'd said frantically.

"What is it, Farfetch'd?" The boy asked. Farfetch'd pointed to the blonde boy riding on a Pokémon he had never seen before. "What kind of Pokémon is that? He must be a trainer. Okay, Farfetch'd! Do your thing!"

"Farfetch'd!" Farfetch'd nodded.

Farfetch'd went on the path Gladion and Silvally were on when the wild duck Pokémon was doing a march down the road.

"A Farfetch'd," Gladion pointed out. "Could it be the one Lillie had an encounter with?"

"Hey there!" The boy called out. "My Farfetch'd and I were just in the area, so we were checking out the Pokémon you're riding on. My name is Keith by the way."

Gladion looked at Keith seeing the boy matching her description.

"You!" Gladion snarled. "You were the one!" Keith's eyes widened to the claim.

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about!" Keith lied in fear.

"Air Slash!" Gladion ordered as Silvally fired Air Slash at the thief. Keith and Farfetch'd started to run for it. "I will not let you get away!" Gladion took out two Pokéballs and an Ultra Ball. "Crobat! Umbreon! Lycanroc! Go!" The balls opens and lets out his Pokémon. "Attack that Farfetch'd and that thief!" The three Pokémon obeyed launcing their attacks.

"Call them off! Please call them off!" Keith pleased.

"Give me my sister's Pokémon and I will," Gladion said in a tone of anger.

"And if I don't," Keith wondered.

"Air Slash," Gladion ordered Silvally. The chimeric Pokémon obeyed firing Air Slash at Keith. He and Farfetch'd ran through the woods hoping to lose him and his Pokémon. "Find them! Search the whole damn forest if you have to! No one steals from my little sister and gets away with it! No one!"

Keith and Farfetch'd made it back to their camp hoping they had lost Gladion and his Pokémon.

"That was a close one," Keith panted.

"Farfetch'd, Far," Farfetch'd also panted.

"I thought for sure he was going to fall for our trick, but he saw through our us and sicced his Pokémon on us," Keith said.

"Farfetch'd, Far," Farfetch'd said.

"We'll head back out to steal more Pokémon after we eat," Keith said.

Unknown to him, Gladion's Lycanroc had spotted him.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine reported to Officer Jenny about the theft.

"And that's what happened," Lillie sniffled.

"So the Farfetch'd did a trick and you just ran away from it and then it chased after you and that's when that boy appeared before you," Officer Jenny said trying to understand the situation.

"Yes, that's right," Lillie nodded.

"I guess that makes you the fifth victim this week. That boy and his Farfetch'd has been a problem for a while now. And I can't seem to get a fix on him since he never stays in one place," Officer Jenny said.

"Gladion is out there looking for him as we speak," Illima said.

"He did seem really pissed when Lillie told him," Kiawe said.

"Well, he wouldn't be much of a brother if didn't try to defend his sister's honor," Lana said.

"He'd do anything to protect her," Mallow agreed.

"He sounds like a dedicated brother," Officer Jenny said smiling.

"He is. But I'm afraid he'll just order his Pokémon to attack the thief and the Farfetch'd without giving a second thought," Illima said. "Especially from... you know." Sora and Kairi knew which on they were definitely talking about.

"Well, I never thought I would feel sorry for a thief, but we should find him before Gladion does a serious number on him," Sora said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"Even he dosen't deserve a whatever Gladion has in store for him," Hapu said. "And I have no room to talk."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, and Officer Jenny went off to find the thief and his Farfetch'd. Lillie led them to where the theft occurred.

Gladion searched through the forest looking for him. Gladion gritted his teeth and breathing heavily in anger.

"Come on out you cowardly piece of shit," Gladion hissed.

A little while later, she led everyone to where she saw Keith.

"And this is where I saw him," Lillie said.

"That means he could live around the area," Kiawe said.

"I sure hope so. Because I would like nothing more than to teach that punk a lesson he won't forget!" Hapu said.

"Well, he can't be too far," Sora said.

"My thoughts, exactly," Gladion said. Everyone turned and saw all his Pokémon, except for Lycanroc with him.

"Gladion," Lillie said.

"Did you find him?" Sora asked.

"I did. But he got away," Gladion said. "But he won't get far."

Lycanroc barks and informs Gladion.

"Did you find them?" Gladion asked as his Lycanroc nodded. "Lead the way." Lycanroc obliges its trainer leading the group to where Keith and Farfetch'd are at.

Over to Keith and his Farfetch'd, the two had just eaten.

"That was quite a meal. Ever since I first found you injured and left for dead, I've nursed you back to health. And then we started stealing," Keith remembered.

"Farfetch'd," Farfetch'd said.

"But I just wish that there was a better way than doing it," Keith said. "But what other choice did we have? We're too weak for a Pokémon battle." Farfetch'd looked at Keith. It wanted to prove its strength to him.

Lycanroc led the group to Keith and Farfetch'd as they were about to set out to steal more Pokémon.

"Good work, Lycanroc," Gladion said.

"Now we can have the drop on him," Lana said taking out all of her Pokéballs. Sora and the rest did the same letting all of their Pokémon out.

"Now we better get going," Keith said.

"Fetch'd, Far, Far," Farfetch'd said.

"Stop right there!" Sora called out surprising him.

"You're not going anywhere!" Kiawe snapped at him.

They tried to get away, but the quickly became surrounded by the trainers and their Pokémon. Keith saw Lillie and he knew he couldn't trick any of them since they were all onto him.

"Crap!" Keith exclaimed.

"You are under arrest for grand theft Pokémon," Officer Jenny said.

"Your crime spree is over, asshole!" Hapu said to him.

He turned to see Gladion with them. Keith knew he was really in trouble since Gladion and his Pokémon were there.

"What made you think it was acceptable to start stealing Pokémon from other trainers? What possible reason justifies such an act?" Gladion asked him.

"He's right," Sora agreed. "I just don't get why you would sink so low into lying and cheating into stealing Pokémon from others. We work hard and love to raise them, to train them and win those Pokémon battles."

"What you did was absolutely unforgivable!" Gladion said almost yelling while gritting his teeth. Keith saw how angry he looked. He clearly saw it in his eyes. "You stole my sister's Pokémon! You made my sister cry! And in doing so, you have insulted me! That is an action I will never let go unanswered! You will answer with a Pokémon battle!"

"Wait! Farfetch'd is too weak for battle! That's why we did what we did! We didn't have any other choice," Keith said.

"And that justifies your actions?!" Gladion roared.

"I get you're angry," Keith said. "And you have every right to be. But my Farfetch'd was injured and left for dead."

"And that made you think Farfetch'd is weak?" Illima asked.

"Pokémon can grow stronger when trainers work hard to train them," Kairi said.

"But Farfetch'd isn't-" Keith said.

"Farfetch'd!" Farfetch'd stated.

"What? You wanna battle?" Keith asked.

"Farfetch'd!" Farfetch'd nodded.

Gladion knew the perfect Pokémon to battle Keith's Farfetch'd.

"Before we begin!" Gladion took out a brown disc and threw it to Silvally. "Accept this Rock Memory! Become a Rock Type!" With the Memory inserted Silvally turned brown. "Begin with Crush Claw!" Silvally swung its claw at Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd managed to dodge the attack.

"Stop! Please stop! Farfetch'd will get hurt!" Keith called out.

"It's too late for that! Air Slash!" Silvally fired Air Slash at Farfetch'd. "Now use Multi-Attack!" Silvally obeyed and gave Farfetch'd a series of hits.

"Farfetch'd! Stop! You can't win against that thing!" Keith pleaded.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, and Officer Jenny watched the battle as turned out to be one-sided. Lillie especially knew how bad it was getting.

"This is how you capture Pokémon in the wild! Silvally! Finish it with Air Slash!" Silvally fired Air Slash right at Farfetch'd again, but this time the wild duck Pokémon dodged the attack and charged and swung its leak at Silvally.

"Wha-?!" Sora asked.

"That was Slash!" Illima said.

Farfetch'd ran towards Silvally and gave the chimeric Pokémon a series of hits.

"That was Fury Attack!" Mallow pointed out.

"I didn't know Farfetch'd could do that," Keith said in disbelief and amazement. Farfetch'd's leak emitted a dark energy and swung at Silvally again, bringing its opponent down. "Was that Night Slash? I didn't think Farfetch'd knew that move."

"You seriously didn't know about your Farfetch'd's powers?" Sora asked.

"No. And even if I did, I wouldn't be using it to steal from others," Keith admitted.

"Well, you shouldn't have been stealing in the first place," Sora said.

"And it'll take a lot more than what Farfetch'd threw to keep Silvally down," Kiawe said.

"Why's that?" Officer Jenny asked.

"Silvally is a real powerful Pokémon," Sora answered. "I would know how powerful it is since I battled against it and lost. Gladion never messes around in a battle." Silvally stood up and snarled at Farfetch'd.

"You doubted Farfetch'd's strength. You can't see how Pokémon and trainer can cooperate with one another, then you shall lose. Your Farfetch'd is stronger than you believed. And you will lose for that," Gladion said. "Air Slash!" Silvally fired Air Slash again, only for Silvally to miss. "Multi-Attack!" Silvally delivered a series of hits on Farfetch'd. Keith watched on as Farfetch'd gets hit by the attack. "Air Slash!" Silvally fired Air Slash again and this time, it hits Farfetch'd. The attack sends it back to Keith and they hit a tree. Keith looked up to Gladion and he became even more terrified by the way he was staring at him. Gladion grabbed him by the shirt as Keith started shaking in fear.

"Please, don't hurt me! I'll give your sister back her Pokémon! I'll give them back to the trainers I stole them from! And I promise I will never do it again! I promise!" Keith pleaded. Tears came from his eyes as he started crying. Gladion's anger was replaced by pity, but he didn't lose his stern expression. "I'm sorry for what I did to her and to you."

"Now do you understand?" Gladion asked him. "Your Farfetch'd was willing to place itself on the line for you. You should never have doubted your Pokémon's strength. A trainer's judgment is always important to come by. I wanted to beat you half to death for what you did, but my sister wouldn't want that. Not even you deserve such punishment." Gladion let go of Keith and looked at the tent. "Now, my sister's Pokémon." Keith didn't need to be told twice and gave Lillie back her bag with Snowy and Ponyta's Pokéballs inside.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. I knew what I did was wrong, but I just ignored the guilt and did it anyway. I promise to return all the Pokémon I stole," Keith said.

Good to his word, the trainers got their Pokémon back. Keith looked at Gladion as he smiled and took off.

"All's well that ends well, right?" Sora asked.

"Right, Sora," Kairi agreed.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"I'm glad that I have Snowy and Ponyta back to me," Lillie said.

"None of the victims will be pressing charges since they now have their Pokémon back," Officer Jenny said.

"That's a relief," Keith said.

"But also, you should consider yourself lucky since I'm letting you off with a warning. If I hear anything that matches your description; any signs of trouble, then all bets are off. Do you understand?" Officer Jenny warned.

"I understand, officer," Keith said in acknowledgement. "And I promise, I won't cause anymore trouble to anyone."

"That's good to hear," Kiawe said.

"I'm just glad Gladion didn't beat you up like we thought he would," Hapu said.

"Oh, come on, Hapu. Gladion isn't like that," Sora said. He looked at Lillie. "He's not is he?"

"Of course not," Lillie assured Sora.

"That's also good to know," Sora said in relief.

"If none of you came along, I still would have been stealing. But I'm glad that you did since you've taught me Farfetch'd's strength," Keith said.

"Farfetch'd," Farfetch'd agreed.

"Now I'm going to train my Farfetch'd to be even stronger and catch Pokémon, the right way," Keith said.

"And that's how it should be, Keith. A good trainer should always believe in his Pokémon and make them as strong as they could be," Sora said.

"And you're right about that," Keith agreed. "Come on, Farfetch'd. Let's work on getting you stronger."

"Farfetch'd, Far!" Farfetch'd ssid.

Just when Lillie thought she lost her Pokémon for good, her brother Gladion was able to help get them back to her. And trainers now have their Pokémon back to them, and local trainers won't worry about having their Pokémon stolen. Sora and his friends continued on to Cinnabar Island for Sora's seventh Gym badge.