Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Kairi and Togepi ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 50: Kairi and Togepi

A few days had passed. The group made a stop over in the Pokémon Center in a town their stopping at as Kairi sends a letter to her grandmother describing the egg she and Sora had found.

Kairi was about to send her latest letter when she felt the egg move again.

"You're just anxious to see the world aren't you?" Kairi asked. "Don't you worry, little Pokémon. You will see it soon." Kairi rubbed the egg.

A couple of hours went by and Kairi continued to incubate the egg. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were all eating lunch as Kairi was polishing the egg. The egg started to move once more, but it was more often.

"How close is the egg is to hatching?" Lillie asked.

"It's closer and closer," Kairi answered. "It might take a day or maybe hours."

"Well l want it to hatch right now, so we can finally meet your very first Pokémon," Lana said smiling.

"I don't think it's going to hatch just because you decide when it should hatch," Sora said.

"Sora's right. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of it," Illima said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued their lunch. As soon as Sora was finished eating, he called out Psyduck for some practice on using his moves.

"Okay Psyduck. It's time to work on your attacks," Sora said.

"Psy," Psyduck said.

"Let's get started with Water Gun! Just do what you did during our battle with Koga. Fire Water Gun!" Sora said as Psyduck did fire Water Gun, but it wasn't as strong as the one he let out. "Come on, Psyduck, you can do better than that. Water Gun again, but stronger."

"Psyduck?" Psyduck asked.

Psyduck just stood there absent-minded holding his head. Sora hung his head not getting what's wrong with his Psyduck. Sora tried to get Psyduck to perform Confusion as well, but no such luck. He hung his head once again.

"I just don't get it. You beat Koga's Crobat after taking a beating. What's the deal?" Sora questioned.

"Is something the matter?" A new voice called out from behind. Sora turned to see a beautiful young woman wearing an indigo dress with short blue hair.

"Just trying to get my Psyduck to perform a proper move. But I had no luck so far. Psyduck performed those attacks perfectly before," Sora said.

"Psy-y," Psyduck said.

"Is that so?" The woman asked looking at Sora's Psyduck. "Has your Psyduck always been like this?"

"For as long as I had him," Sora said. "Psyduck performed Confusion, Scratch, and Water Gun when I battled the Gym Leader in Fushia City; but I don't get why it won't happen again," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Psyduck," Psyduck said.

"Perhaps I could be of assistance in a battle," she proposed.

"A battle?" Sora asked.

"Of course. My name is Amy by the way," she introduced herself.

"I'm Sora. And I guess a battle would help Psyduck out," Sora said.

Both trainers got ready for their battle as Amy took out her Pokéball.

"Bellossom, I choose you!" Amy said throwing her Pokéball. The Pokéball opens to let out light green Pokémon that has green and yellow petals around its waist that resembles a skirt. It also has two bright red flowers on its head and blue circular eyes. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon in front of him.

Bellossom, the Flower Pokémon

An evolved form of Gloom

Type: Grass

When Bellossom gets exposed to plenty of sunlight, the leaves ringing its body begin to spin around. This Pokémon's dancing is renowned in the southern lands.

"Okay, my Pokémon will be Psyduck!" Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said worriedly.

"Bellossom, you may start with Magical Leaf," Amy said as her Bellossom danced and unleashed a barrage of glowing multicolored leaves towards Psyduck.

"Psyduck! Block it with Confusion!" Sora ordered. But Psyduck just stood there taking the hit. "Psyduck!" Psyduck falls on the ground, but stands back up. "Okay, try Water Gun!" Psyduck obliges with Water Gun, but it was little bit stronger than before, but not as much. The attack didn't even reach Bellossom.

"Psyduck," Psyduck said.

"Try again, Psyduck! Water Gun!" Sora called out. Psyduck just tried again and it was a little better than the last time.

"Bellossom! Dodge!" Amy ordered as Bellossom danced out of the way. "Energy Ball!" Bellossom forms a ball of light green energy with its little arms and fires right Psyduck.

"Psyduck! Get out of the way!" Sora called out. Psyduck just stood there once again and got hit by the ball of energy at the head.

"Psyduck!" Psydusk's eyes started to glow blue for some reason.

"Huh?" Sora questioned.

"Pika?" Pikachu was just as confused.

"Psyduck?" Sora looked at Psyduck not sure what was going on. Amy just looked at Psyduck, and she had to see for herself.

"Use Magical Leaf again," Amy ordered. Bellossom danced and unleashed Magical Leaf again. Just as the leaves were getting close, Psyduck stopped the attack with his psychic powers and sent Magical Leaf back to Bellossom. "Bellossom, evade it!"

Bellossom tried to avoid the attack, but Magical Leaf came too fast to dodge.

"So Psyduck can only use his attacks properly when his headaches get worse," Sora said in his thoughts. "Better try some a other move." Sora had to see if his theory was true. "Psyduck! Use Scratch now!" Psyduck ran towards Bellossom and gave a good scratch on Bellossom. "Now use Water Gun!" Psyduck fired an even more powerful Water Gun on Bellossom, knocking the flower Pokémon out. Sora walked over to Psyduck and picked him up. "I guess you show off your power when your headache gets worse. And the Energy Ball at your noggin was a doozy."

"Psyduck," Psyduck said.

"But they'll be a time when you won't rely on your headaches; we'll work on that, buddy," Sora said kindly. "And I'm sorry I didn't figure that out in the first place."

"Pikachu," Pikachu chipped in.

Amy called her Bellossom back inside her Pokéball and walked over to Sora.

"Your Psyduck is even more powerful than I anticipated," Amy said.

"He sure is," Sora said. "And I figured out his problem. And it's all thanks to you."

"I'm glad to be of assistance," Amy smiled. "Your Psyduck has some potential. Keep training him hard and he'll be the best he can be."

"I'll do that," Sora said. He pulled out Psyduck's Pokéball and called Psyduck. "Anyway, thanks for the help."

"It was my pleasure," Amy said smiling.

Sora and Pikachu took off to return to the Pokémon Center, but he made a pitstop at a flower shop on the way. Sora looked at the flowers all around. He picked up a bouquet of flowers mixed of red-orange, dark blue, and golden yellow.

"What do you think, Pikachu? Think Kairi will love these?" Sora asked for Pikachu's opinion.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"I agree with you, buddy. These will do," Sora took the bouquet and paid for his purchase and took off. Sora returned to the Pokémon Center and went to one of the rooms they were staying at. The Alolan nine knew who those flowers were for as they all grinned. Kairi sat on the bunk bed still holding rocking the egg in her arms. Sora walked in and he saw that she was preoccupied with the egg, and that was the edge he needed. He slowly walked up to her and and handed her the bouquet. "Pretty flowers for the pretty lady?" Sora held the bouquet to her.

"Oh, Sora," Kairi swooned. "You didn't have to get these for me."

"I know. But I wanted to; just because," Sora said.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu said as he jumped off Sora's shoulder and to Kairi's side.

"You're very sweet, Sora," Kairi said lovingly to him. Kairi kissed Sora on the cheek. "And that's why I love you."

"I would have said that to you," Sora said.

"Oh you," Kairi said hugging him. Just then the egg started to move again alerting Pikachu.

"Pika!" Sora and Kairi stopped hugging and looked at Pikachu.

"What is it, Pikachu?" Kairi asked.

"Pikachu, Pika! Chu, Pikachu!"

"Are you saying the egg is starting to hatch?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"This is great! The others should see this!" Sora exclaimed as he ran out of the room to get the Alolan nine. Kairi and Pikachu stayed behind to watch the egg. The top of the egg started to crack. The top was completely off as little cream-colored limbs popped out of the egg. The Pokémon had a cream-colored head with five spikes looking like a crown.

"Pi," the little Pokémon yawned. "Toge?"

Kairi's face lit up witnessing the birth of a Pokémon.

"Hello there," Kairi beamed.

"Togepi!" The little Pokémon waved its little arms as Kairi picked the little Pokémon up.

"You're just the cutest little thing I have ever seen!" Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge!" The small Pokémon waved its arms.

Sora and the Alolan nine rushed in the room. They all saw the small Pokémon in Kairi's hands.

"Don't tell me we missed it," Sora groaned.

"Sorry Sora," Kairi said. "This little cutie just couldn't wait to get out."

"Toge."

"So what is it?" Sophocles asked.

"I think it's a Togepi," Lillie answered.

"A Togepi?" Everyone else asked.

"That's right. It's a Fairy Type Pokémon," Lillie said.

"Wonder what Dexter has to say about you, Togepi," Sora said taking out his Pokédex looking Togepi up.

Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokémon

Type: Fairy

As its energy, Togepi uses the positive emotions of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon. This Pokémon stores up feelings of happiness inside its shell, then shares them with others.

"Toge, Toge!" The newborn Togepi chirped.

"A Pokémon that uses happiness as energy," Illima stroked his chin. "A suitable Pokémon for Kairi to have."

"Especially on how cute it is!" Mallow said smiling.

"I'll say he is. Right, Togepi?" Kairi held her first Pokémon.

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

"Togepi seems to agree," Kiawe said.

"What attacks does he know?" Acerola asked.

"That's a good question," Illima said.

"I'll look it up," Sora said accessing his Pokédex. He looked over to Togepi and back to his Pokédex. "Well according to Dexter, Togepi only knows Growl and Charm.

"Just two attacks?" Hapu raised a brow.

"Well, Togepi was just born," Lillie pointed out.

"That makes sense, I guess," Hapu said shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah," Mina said.

Pikachu went up to Togepi as Kairi set him down.

"Pikachu," Pikachu greeted.

"Toge!" Togepi stood up and gave the mouse Pokémon a hug.

"Look at that. Togepi likes you, Pikachu," Sora said.

"I'll have to agree," Kairi said giggling.

"Pikachu," Pikachu beamed. Pikachu turned around and started to play with Togepi by using his tail. "Pika."

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

Just before everyone took off Kairi decided to do an update on her letter to her grandmother telling her about Togepi.

Dear Grandma,

How are you? I'm doing okay with my boyfriend Sora and my other friends. It's been since we were at Saffron City and Sora won his sixth Badge since I wrote to you. To start with, Sora managed to catch a couple more Pokémon; a Scyther and an Aerodactyl and some of Sora's Pokémon had evolved as well. Sora and I found a mysterious Pokémon egg and we all decided that I should take care of it since I didn't have a Pokémon of my own. I know you would find Sora catching an Aerodactyl would be hard to believe, but I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it for myself.

Also, just today, the egg hatched into the most cutest little Pokémon I had ever seen! Lillie said this Pokémon is called a Togepi. I took a little picture Togepi so that you'll see what he looks like. I'm looking forward until we make our way to Viridian City so that you'll meet all my friends. I'll write to you again when we reach Cinnabar Island.

Love, your granddaughter,

Kairi.

With the letter written, she sealed the letter a d the photo of Togepi in an envelope and walked up to Togepi taking a nap.

"You're so cute," Kairi said in a whisper not wanting to wake him up. She gently picked the baby Pokémon up and walked out witj the envelope in hand. She dropped it off in the mail slot and met up with Sora, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine with Togepi joining the group continued on with their journey when Sora was challenged to a battle by a teen boy wearing a Stetson hat.

"This'll be a hoot!" The teen said in a southern accent. He took out two Pokéballs and threw them in the air. "Yungoos! Gumshoos! Front and center!" The Pokéballs lets out a Yungoos and a Pokémon similar to Yungoos, but larger and shaggier and it's bipedal in appearance. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the two new Pokémon

Yungoos, the Loitering Pokémon

Type: Normal

Its stomach takes up most of its long torso. It's a big eater, so the amount Trainers have to spend on its food is no laughing matter. It wanders around in a never-ending search for food. At dusk, it collapses from exhaustion and falls asleep on the spot.

Gumshoos, the Stakeout Pokémon

The evolved form of Yungoos

Type: Normal

When it finds a trace of its prey, it patiently stakes out the location...but it's always snoozing by nightfall. It adores having Rattata and Raticate for dinner, but as it's diurnal, it never encounters them. This Pokémon boasts incredible patience.

"A Yungoos and Gumshoos. Better use the two of these," Sora said putting his Pokédex away a d taking out a Pokéball and Dive Ball. "Psyduck! Dratini! Go!" The two balls opens letting out Dratini and Psyduck.

Kairi, and the Alolan nine were a bit confused on why Sora picked Psyduck to battle when Ivysaur, Wartortle, or maybe Pikachu might have been good choices and Charizard would be overkill.

"You think Psyduck might fare in this battle?" Mallow asked.

"Psyduck might've gotten lucky when Sora battled Koga," Kiawe said.

"I don't think it was luck," Kairi said. "I think Sora sent out Psyduck out for a reason."

"What reason could that be, Kairi?" Illima asked.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure, but Sora could have a trick up his sleeve," Kairi said.

"Togepi."

The teen looked at Sora's two chosen Pokémon and smirked at his Psyduck.

"Are ya'll fer real? Sending a Psyduck like that out to battle mah Yungoos and Gumshoos? If this is a joke, then I am laughing," he said literally laughing.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, partner," Sora said using his accent. "Dratini! Dragon Rush on Yungoos!" Dratini charged at the mongoose Pokémon surrounding him with purple energy.

"Yungoos! Dodge and use Ice Fang!" The teen ordered. Yungoos jumped out of the way and dove down with his teeth emitting ice and made a devastating hit.

"Dratini! Dragon Breath!" Sora called out. Dratini fired his Dragon Breath. The attacks hits Yungoos and it ends up being paralyzed.

"Gumshoos! Move in with Thunder Fang on Psyduck!" The teen ordered. Gumshoos charged at the yellow duck Pokémon with its teeth emitting electricity.

"Psyduck, fire Water Gun!" Sora called out as Psyduck fired a strong Water Gun attack. That surprised Sora a bit. He figured Psyduck was getting better shooting Water Gun since his battle with Amy earlier.

"Psyduck is improving!" Kairi beamed.

"Toge, Toge!"

"Psyduck must be getting better with his attacks," Hapu said.

"Must be," Kiawe said.

"Now use Scratch!" Sora ordered as Psyduck swiped his hand at Gumshoos. But that didn't seem to hurt it.

"Maybe not," Kiawe deadpanned. "It was just Water Gun."

"Okay, that didn't do much. But at least there's one move that he can use," Sora said in his thoughts. "Water Gun!"

Psyduck fired Water Gun since it was the only attack Psyduck could use properly. The water attack hits Gumshoos sending right into Yungoos.

"Both of you use Tackle!" The teen ordered as both Pokémon charged at both of Sora's Pokémon.

"Dratini! Dragon Breath! Psyduck! Water Gun!" Sora ordered as both Pokémon fired their attacks.

"Psyduck is really getting better with using Water Gun," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge, Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped wanting attention. Kairi looked at her new Pokémon and smiled.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't mean to ignore you," Kairi apologized. Kairi bounced Togepi for a bit. The baby Pokémon giggles liking the bouncing she was doing.

"Okay, Yungoos, Gumshoos! Use Ice Fang on Dratini!" The teen ordered as they both bit at Dratini dealing with a combination bite attack. Dratini was down for the count.

"Dratini!" Sora called out. He pulled out Dratini's Dive Ball calling him back. "It's all up to you, Psyduck."

"Psyduck."

"Is Water Gun the only move your Psyduck can use?" The teen taunted. "Use it all ya want! That ain't gonna win it for ya! Gumshoos! Thunder Fang!" Gumshoos ran towards Psyduck and bit him right on the head. Kairi and the Alolan nine were really worried now. Kairi held Togepi pretty tight and Togepi hugged her just as tight.

"Sora," Kairi said worried.

"Togepi."

Sora just smirked because that's what he wanted Gumshoos to do.

"Psy-y-y-y-y-y!" Psyduck was flaling his hands and feet around as Gumshoos bite was worsening Psyduck's headache.

"Just a little more pressure," Sora said to himself.

Psyduck's headache was getting worse and worse.

"That's great! Yungoos! Ya'll can get some action too! Join in with Thunder Fang!" Yungoos obeyed by running towards Psyduck with his teeth electrified. Just as Yungoos was about to land a bite, Yungoos suddenly froze in place being unable to move. "What the hell?!"

Kairi and the Alolan nine were just as confused by what they were seeing. Sora smiled at the sight.

"Psyduck! Confusion!" Sora ordered as Psyduck used his telekinetic power to lift Yungoos and Gumshoos up in the air and throw them both right at the teen. Both of his Pokémon were knocked out. "Way to go, Psyduck!"

"Pi, Pikachu!"

"Psy?"

The Alolan nine were at a loss to what they had witnessed.

"What the heck was that?" Sophocles asked.

"I think I know what happened," Kairi said. "Psyduck must be able to use his Psychic attacks when he has a serious headache. Sora must have figured that out."

"Even I would never have expected that," Illima admitted.

"Psyduck is just full of surprises just like Sora," Acerola said as Mina nodded.

Everyone continued on with their journey and then took a break a couple of hours later. By that time, Kairi had been playing with Togepi. Kairi played a game of peek-a-boo with Togepi.

"Where am I?" Kairi asked covering her face. "Here I am!" Kairi revealed herself making Togepi giggle. Sora watched his girlfriend with her new Pokémon. He was happy that she has a Pokémon to call her own, but at the same time he felt a little jealous. "Come here, you little cutie!" Kairi tickled Togepi on the spike. "Do you like it when I tickle you here?" Kairi tickled her Togepi on the spike.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!"

Kairi held Togepi again and did some baby talk; Togepi found it funny. Sora sat down next to her.

"Hey Kairi. How are you adjusting to your Pokémon?" Sora asked.

"Well, better than you with Pikachu," Kairi teased making Sora do an anime-style fall. That made Kairi giggle. "You know I didn't mean it."

"Wasn't funny," Sora pouted.

"Pika," Pikachu laughed. Sora turned with his cheeks puffed up.

"With friends like you, who needs enemies?" Sora asked sarcastically.

"Pi," Pikachu stuck his tongue at Sora. He did the same the same to Pikachu. Kairi giggled again.

"Cut it out, you two. You'll end up being a bad influence on Togepi," Kairi said.

"Toge."

Sora took a look at Togepi and saw how happy the baby Pokémon is with her.

"Sora, I need to get dinner started with Mallow's help. Would you mind watching Togepi until it's ready?" Kairi asked.

"Sure thing, Kairi. Even though Togepi is yours, this'll give some bonding time. Right Pikachu?" Sora turned to Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded.

With that said, Kairi handed Togepi to her boyfriend and smiled.

"I'm going to make some dinner for us, so Sora and Pikachu are going to watch you for a while. Be good until then," Kairi said.

Togepi tried reaching his little arms to Kairi wanting her to hold him more.

"You're going to love the treat she's gonna make for you, Togepi," Sora said smiling. He turned Togepi to face him. Sora smiled at the baby Pokémon. Togepi then started to cry uncontrollably wanting Kairi. "Hey, hey, hey, Togepi. Don't cry. I'm here, I'm here," Sora said trying to calm Togepi down. He turned to Pikachu for help. "Help me out here, Pikachu. Togepi likes you."

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded Sora set Togepi down as Togepi was still crying. Pikachu then tried to make some faces hoping to make Togepi laugh. But that did not work, since Togepi kept crying.

Sora and Pikachu tried to calm Togepi down as he kept crying and crying. Kairi had just finished making some Alolan-style beef stew. Mixed with some spices and vegetables. Kairi went to Sora and found Togepi crying.

"Sora! What happened? What did you do to make Togepi cry?" Kairi chided her boyfriend.

"I don't know," Sora answered. "Togepi was just fine before you left. Pikachu and I were trying to calm him down."

Kairi took Togepi back in her arms and he stopped crying. Sora and Pikachu didn't know what to make of it.

"I'm going to guess, Togepi just wants you," Sora pointed out.

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"I guess you're right. Sorry for accusing you like that," Kairi apologized.

"It's no problem," Sora said. Kairi looked over to Togepi as he beamed being with Kairi again.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to make you cry like that," Kairi apologized. She looked to Sora. "Maybe it'll take time before Togepi gets used to you."

"Yeah maybe. Who knows how long is that, right?" Sora questioned.

"Pikachu."

Kairi fed Togepi his first meal. Togepi took a bite of the special Pokémon food she had made for the occasion, and liked it right away.

"So why is it that Togepi cried whenever Sora was holding him?" Sophocles asked.

"No idea," Kairi answered.

"I think I do. Kairi was the first thing Togepi saw when he hatched," Lillie pointed out. "So I think Togepi might think that Kairi is his mother."

Sora and the rest of the Alolan nine all looked at Kairi and Togepi.

"That makes loads of sense," Kiawe said.

"Indeed," Illima agreed. "Just like birds, there are Pokémon that has an impression that the first thing they see as their mother. It seems Togepi is no exception."

"So Togepi thinks I'm his mother?" Kairi questioned.

"And since Sora is Kairi's boyfriend; Togepi would start thinking Sora is his papa," Lana said making everyone but Sora and Kairi laugh.

"I don't think we should go that far," Sora said. He looked over to Kairi who happens to be blushing.

"I think I would like that idea," Kairi said. "I know Sora and Pikachu will help me raise Togepi."

"Of course we would," Sora said. "I guarantee that I'll do my part with Togepi's wellbeing. Right Pikachu?"

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded in agreement.

After a few days, Togepi had warmed up to Sora a little. Togepi started to laugh at some of Sora's silly antics. Sora knew he had won Togepi at some point. He thought he could try to teach Togepi how to battle. Sora had a thick stick and stuck it to the ground.

"Okay, Togepi. Do it like this," Sora demonstrated a headbutt on the stick. "That's Headbutt. Now you try."

Instead of using Headbutt, Togepi just hugged the stick.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!"

"No, no, no. Not like that! Like this!" Sora rammed his head as hard as he could at the stick only to knock himself out and have a blazing lump on his head.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi laughed.

About half an hour later, Kairi placed a bag of ice onto Sora's head to bring swelling down.

"Ouch!" Sora said. "That hurts and it's too cold!"

"Don't be such a baby," Kairi teased. "Keep that attitude up and you won't have a treat."

"Didn't know there was going to be one," Sora joked. Kairi giggled.

"You should have known better than try to teach Togepi to battle. Togepi is only just a baby," Kairi said.

"You are so right," Sora agreed. "I'm thinking of trying again when Togepi is just a little bit older. Maybe in a few years or so, when it's not hazardous to my health."

Later that night everyone was getting ready for bed. Kairi held Togepi in her arms and rocked the baby Pokémon to sleep. Kairi sang a little lullaby to Togepi.

(Kairi)

When you walk away

You don't hear me say

"Please, oh baby, don't go"

Simple and clean is the way that

you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

You're giving me

Too many things

Lately

You're all I need Oh, oh

You smiled at me

And said, "Don't get me wrong

I love you, but does that mean

I have to meet your father?"

When we are older you'll understand

What I meant, when I said "No"

I don't think, life is quite that simple

When you walk away

You don't hear me say

"Please, oh baby, don't go"

Simple and clean is the way that

you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

So simple and clean

The daily things

Like this and that and what is what

That keep us all busy

Are confusing me

That's when you came to me

And said, "Wish I could prove

I love you, but does that mean

I have to walk on water?"

When we are older you'll understand

It's enough when I say so

And maybe

Some things are that simple

When you walk away

You don't hear me say

"Please, oh baby, don't go"

Simple and clean is the way that

you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

Hold me

Whatever lies beyond this morning

Is a little later on

Regardless of warnings

The future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before

When you walk away

You don't hear me say

"Please, oh baby, don't go"

Simple and clean is the way that

you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

Hold me

Whatever lies beyond this morning

Is a little later on

Regardless of warnings

The future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before

Hold me

Whatever lies beyond this morning

Is a little later on

Regardless of warnings

The future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before

Sora and Pikachu listened to the whole song. The song brought tears to his eyes. The same was for the Alolan nine as they listened to Kairi singing her lullaby to Togepi.

"Such a beautiful song sang by a beautiful voice," Sora said in tears.

"Pikachu," Pikchu said also in tears.

Sora and Pikachu fell asleep happy the song had made them.

There were some wild Pokémon that were in tears as well, listening to the song being sung.

On the very next morning, Sora woke up with a big smile on his face. He laid back down and saw Kairi staring above him.

"Morning Kairi," Sora greeted.

"Morning, lazy bum," Kairi greeted back. "Figured that you'd try to sleep in."

"Nope. I just knew you would try that trick again. And you didn't disappoint me," Sora said.

Kairi giggled as Sora turned around while he was getting up and he gave Kairi a kiss on the lips. The couple joined their friends for the boxed cereal and set off on the road once more. Sora placed his arm around Kairi as she held Togepi. Kairi felt lucky, not only having a wonderful boyfriend but a very cute Pokémon for her very first. In Viridian City, Kairi's grandmother had just finished reading the latest letter she received from Kairi, and she felt proud that she began raising her first Pokémon.