Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Princess Kairi ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 51: Princess Kairi

Sora and his friends made a stop in a town called, Matcha City. The group settled into the local Pokémon Center as Sora settled into the local Pokémon Center.

"Excuse me, is your name Sora by chance?" Nurse Joy asked with a smile.

"Um, yes," Sora answered.

"I have a message for you," Nurse Joy said handing Sora a message. It turns out it's from Delia.

"It's from my mom," Sora said.

"It has been a while since you spoke with her," Kairi pointed out.

"I should give her a ring. Just to say hello," Sora said. He accessed the picture phone and dialed the number. "Just hope she's home." The phone rings.

"Hello, Ketchum residence," Delia greeted.

"Hi mom," Sora greeted.

"Sora! It's been a while! How is every little thing?" Delia asked.

"It's been good so far. I'm just sorry that I didn't call you sooner; Me and my friends have been busy with our travels," Sora said.

"Just glad that my message finally reached you. So how are things between you and Kairi so far?" Delia asked. Sora started blushing as he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, so good and more," Sora said. "Kairi and I are an official couple now."

With that bit of news Delia started sqealing with happiness with tears flowing from her eyes.

"Oh, Sora! It's so wonderful! I'm so proud of you! You have finally taken that step! I knew you two would make a great couple! Have you been treating her right?" Delia asked.

"Yes mom," Sora answered.

"And did you two do anything that you shouldn't have?" Delia also asked making Sora's face turn red.

"No of course not!" Sora answered.

"Okay, just checking. I only wish your father was alive to see this," Delia said in tears.

Sora knew how his mom felt. He wished he knew his dad himself.

"Yeah, I guess," Sora agreed.

"Well, it's good to see that you're doing okay for yourself," Delia said. "How many badges did you win?"

"So far I've got six. So, me, Kairi, and the others are heading down to Cinnabar Island," Sora said.

"Cinnabar Island is a nice place to visit this time of year. Be sure to make some stops while you're there," Delia said.

"I think I'll do that," Sora said.

"Well anyway, I should get going. I've got some grocery shopping to do today. Just don't take long to call me again," Delia said.

"Okay mom," Sora said.

"And be sure to-" Delia was cut off.

"MOM!" Sora exclaimed in embarrassment.

"Okay, okay. Be careful and treat your girlfriend right, okay?" Delia asked.

"That I'll do. See you, mom," Sora said.

"And I'll see you soon," Delia said. "I love you, Sora."

"Love you too, mom," Sora said hanging up. Before he stood up. Sora decided to send Charizard, Dratini, and Psyduck right to Professor Oak's lab and exchange them for Brionne, Salandit, and Jangmo-o. Once that was done, Sora took out his Safari Ball and let Jangmo-o out. "So what's the deal with you?" Sora pointed his Pokédex at the dragon Pokémon.

Jangmo-o, the Scaly Pokémon

Type: Dragon

It expresses its feelings by smacking its scales. Metallic sounds echo through the tall mountains where Jangmo-o lives. They live in mountains where no trace of humans can be detected. Jangmo-o grow little by little as they battle one another.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and calls Jangmo-o back inside his Safari Ball. Sora and his friends made their way through the streets of Matcha City.

"This place is something," Kiawe said.

"I'll say," Mallow agreed.

"Wonder where we should make a stop at first," Acerola said.

Just as everyone was going to come up with an idea, they heard an argument taking place. They all saw some people arguing with who appears to be the owner of the theater.

"You've promised us a good salary for performing at this dump! And you never came through on that!" One of the actors exclaimed.

"Look, I'm sorry that you feel that way! If I could afford to, I could pay you! Just please don't quit on me! Please!" The theater owner pleaded.

"We'll be taking you up on that when Charmander swims!" Another actor barked at the owner.

"So don't call us!" Another actor said.

"We'll call you!" An actress said as they all took their leave. The owner sat on the steps of his theater sobbing greatly.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

"You think we should see what's going on?" Lana asked.

"I think so," Sora said. "Wouldn't be right to leave him like this," Sora said.

"Pikachu."

"Togepi."

"Then let's get to it," Kairi said.

The group walked up to the theater owner while he was sobbing.

"Hey there, what's wrong?" Sora asked.

"Oh, this is terrible! I have a play I had written. It's about a prince and a princess to be betrothed and not sure if they shall love each other; until they meet, but an evil plot unfolds as one of its the kingdom's nobles plans to eliminate the princess and her parents and take the throne. So he strikes a deal with an evil witch to make it happen. So the prince had to kiss the princess to break the spell," The owner explained. He pulled out a script entitled "Loving Hearts." "All my actors started to demand for more money from me; but I couldn't afford to pay the amount they wanted and they just quit on me! I honestly don't know what to do!"

Sora and his friends just couldn't believe how greedy they were getting. But they had to admit it sounded like a good story to tell. The owner hands it to Illima who started to read it.

"Nicely written," Illima said.

"Thank you. But, I can't have anyone see it if I don't have actors to perform! Like I said earlier, I honestly don't know what to do!" The owner started sobing again.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all looked at each other and formed an idea that will sure help the guy out.

"How about we take part of the play?" Sora suggested. The owner stops crying and looks at Sora.

"You kids would do that?" The owner asked.

"Sure we will. After all; the show must go one, right?" Sora stated.

"That is true, I suppose. But I don't want to be any burden on you kids," the owner said.

"It's not really a problem," Kiawe said.

"People would want to come all around to see it," Lillie said.

"And just like he said; the show must go on," Hapu said.

"Yeah," Mina nodded.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" The owner said expressing his gratitude. "My name is Lawrence Colbert by the way."

"I'm Sora and this is Pikachu," Sora introduced.

"Pikachu!"

"I'm Kairi. And this little thing is Togepi," Kairi also introduced.

"Toge, Toge."

"Lillie."

"Illima."

"Lana."

"Kiawe."

"Mallow."

"Sophocles."

"Acerola."

"Mina."

"Hapu."

"So when's the show supposed to go on, exactly?" Sora asked Lawrence.

"In just two nights," Lawrence said.

"SAY WHAT?! THAT SOON?!" Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all exclaimed at once.

"Pikachu," Pikachu facepalmed.

"Togepi."

It didn't take long until everyone all looked over the script. Sora looked over to his friends and figured they would need additional help.

Sora stepped out looking for anyone willing to help. But as luck would have it, he found Tai, Kari, and the rest. They were walking down the street.

"Tai!" Sora called out running out to them. They all turned to see Sora.

"Ketchum? Didn't think that I would run into you in a place like this," Tai said.

"We haven't seen you since back at the canyon," Davis said.

"What brings you here?" Sara asked.

"Well, it's like this..." Sora explained to the group that he, Kairi, and the Alolan nine are helping out put out a play and they were going to need additional people for the performance.

"Okay, Sora. We're in," TK said.

"You can count on us," Joe said.

Helping setting up a play would be a fun thing to do," Cody said.

"Even one as romantic as this play," Mimi added.

The rest of Tai's group voiced their opions and joined in. Sora came back with the group. On the way back to the theater they ran into Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil. But also into Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax. Kairi and the Alolan nine all beamed at the sight of their friends.

"Tai! Takato! Takuya!" Kairi greeted.

"Toge, Toge!"

"Kairi!" Kari recognized. "It's been a little while!" Kari noticed Togepi in her arms and recognized the markings on the shell. "Your egg hatched!"

"He sure did. I want to introduce you to Togepi!" Kairi said holding him up. "Say hi, Togepi!"

"Toge!"

"So cute!" Kari beamed at the sight.

It didn't take long until Tai and the rest of the group got acquainted with the little Pokémon in Kairi's arms.

"Look at that," TK said.

"Propokus, a Togepi!" Izzy said fascinated.

"So adorable!" Mimi said gushing at the baby Pokémon.

"You are so lucky, Kairi," Sara said.

"Yeah. I want one!" Yolei said.

"Me too!" Davis added. "Because of the cool markings!"

"Those are very hard to come by," Ken added.

"Judging how your Togepi looks, you've been taking very good care of it," Joe said.

"Thank you, Joe," Kairi said proudly.

Sora and his friends introduced Lawrence to Tai and the others. Lawrence was pleased to have so much help on his play. They started to wonder what roles they would play at. Everyone put it to a vote that the role of the prince and princess should go to Sora and Kairi since they're a couple. Mimi kinda disagreed since she wanted the role, but she knew she couldn't do a thing to change any of their minds.

They spent the whole next day going over their roles. Sora and Kairi got the leading roles. Tai got the role of the evil Duke who is plotting against the kingdom. Matt and Sara got the roles of the princess's parents. Illima and Mimi got the roles of the prince's parents.

They all had to admit, they were pretty nervous about memorizing all those lines.

"Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick at deciding to help out," Sora said shaking a little.

"No, you think?" Kiawe asked sarcastically.

"Well, it's too late to back out. I would think we wouldn't get out of it even if we wanted to," Illima said.

On the eve of the play, Sora and his friends called out their Pokémon and sent out flyers all over the city. They hoped that it'll draw in a big crowd by the next evening. As it turns out, there was a little bigger than they all thought. People from all over the city started to gather. Everyone were in their costumes for the play.

"This is quite a turn out," Matt said.

"It sure sure is," Sara said.

Sora came out dressed in prince costume.

"Looking good, Sora," Sara complemented.

"Thanks," Sora said.

"You doing okay, Sora?" Lillie asked.

"I'm okay. Just a little nervouse about acting out my role and all," Sora said.

"You'll do fine," Izzy said.

"Izzy's right, Ketchum," Tai said. "Just think of it as a battle and you'll do fine."

"Well, if you think that helps," Sora said skeptically. Just then, Kairi came in and she was wearing her princess outfit. Sora's nervousness suddenly disappeared when he saw her in that outfit. Sora was mesmerized by how she looked in the dress she wore; she looked like a real princess in his eyes. Luckily before Sora could drift off into fantasy mode, Lawrence came in clapping his hands.

"Okay, okay, people. Take your places," Lawrence said. "The curtain is about to raise!"

Everyone took their positions as the curtain has risen up. The lights turn on and the opening music began playing as Lillie entered the stage.

"Good evening and welcome, ladies and gentlemen," Lillie greeted the audience. "Tonight's play tells a tale of romance and bravery of the two young people whom shall meet and fall in love at first sight; but an evil plot unfolds as the king's trusted friend Duke Francis plots to murder the royal family of the kingdom of Radiance and take the throne. Radiance's princess Marianne is to be married with the prince of the kingdom of Troia, Prince Alexander whom has conflicts of being arranged to marry to someone he had never met. To where our stroy begins." The lights go off again as Illima, Mimi, Kiawe, and TK entered the stage. The scene opens as Illima and Mimi sits on the thrones with Kiawe and TK play guards. "Once Prince Alexander learned of his engagement to Princess Marianne, he feared he was being forced into a loveless marriage. He had argued with his parents on this arrangement, and time and time again, they told him it was for the benefit of the kingdom. And this is no exception." Sora enters the stage.

"Father, mother," Sora acted his role. "We must talk!"

"Of course, my son," Illima said.

"What is it, my son?" Mimi asked.

"I still do not see any point to marrying a woman that I have never even seen before, nor know anything about," Sora said.

"Must we have this discussion again, Alexander? It is for the benefit for all of Troia. Our country has been striding for ever since my great-grandfather ruled as its first king," Illima said.

"You would be doing our kingdom a great service, Alexander," Mimi said.

"You mean for YOUR kingdom! For what benefits you! You never once have put anything what I want to thought and did what benefits you!" Sora acted his role. Illima stood up from the throne.

"Enough of this! We are meeting with King Edge and Queen Rydia of Radiance next week and you will show them proper respect to them and their only daughter!" Illima said. "Until that time, I forbid you to leave the palace! Am I making myself clear?"

Sora did not answer and exited to his right. Once Sora was out of sight of the audience, he turned to Mallow and Lana with a smile.

"How was that?" Sora asked in a whisper.

"That was something," Mallow said.

"You did better than I thought," Lana added.

Back on stage, Illima sat back down as Illima placed his hand on his forehead.

"Don't you think you were a tad hard on him?" Mimi asked.

"Perhaps I was. But, he must understand his role! There will be a time when he has to grow up and stop living in his own fantasy world!" Illima said.

"I know, dear. But aren't you worried that he will not love her just as I love you?" Mimi asked.

"It may seem that way, but love has nothing to do with tradition!" Illima stated. "Love is only something that you hear in fairytales! This is real-life!"

"But, I fell in love with you when I first met you," Mimi said.

The lights grow dim as Illima, Kiawe, Mimi, and TK exits the stage.

"Prince Alexander's parents discussed more of their son's engagement. Meanwhile, in the kingdom of Radiance, Princess Marianne has a similar problem of her own," Lillie narrated.

Matt, Sara, along with Koji and JP came on stage. Matt and Sara took their seats on the thones with Koji, Kouichi, and JP as guards as well. Kairi entered the stage with Mallow and Lana as her handmaidens.

"Father, mother," Kairi acted her role.

"Ah, Marianne. Please enter," Matt acted his role.

"Thank you, father," Kairi said taking her steps. "I have some concerns about my marriage to Prince Alexander."

"Not this again, dear," Sara said. "You know that it has been decided. And there is nothing you can do to change it."

"Your mother is right, Marianne. And we remind you that King Cecil and Queen Rosa of Troia will be coming next week and they are bringing their son along with them so that you two can meet," Matt said.

"I know, mother and father. But the concern is what if I won't be able to love him?" Kairi asked.

"Love is immaterial. It is for the good of the kingdom," Matt said.

"But, father!" Kairi said.

"Enough! I will hear no more of this! You may return to your bedroom," Matt said.

Kairi exited the stage with Mallow and Lana following. The lights go dim as Matt, Sara, Izzy, and Joe exited the stage as Tai along with Davis enters the stage.

"Elsewhere, in his mansion, the ruthless Duke Francis was making arrangements of his own," Lillie narrated as the lights came back on as Tai had a sinister look on his face. "Duke Francis has been a close friend to the royal family, but he has been secretly been plotting the murder of the royal family. He discussed this matter with his younger brother Justin."

"What purpose would there be in murdering the royal family, my elder brother?" Davis asked acting his role. "Is it worth being king?"

"Of course, my younger sibling," Tai acted his role. "For too long I have lived in the shadow of this king when it should be my rise to power!"

"But how do you plan to do so?" Davis asked.

"An opportunity shall present itself soon enough, my brother. But until I shall make my move, I will have to be patient," Tai said.

Zoe came on stage in a maid's outfit.

"Excuse, Milford," Zoe said bowing her head.

"Yes, yes. What is it?" Tai asked.

"A message came from King Edge. He wishes to speak with you," Zoe said handing him a piece of paper. Tai took the piece of paper and looked at it.

"If his majesty wishes to summon me, then I shall not keep his majesty waiting," Tai said.

The lights go dim as Tai, Davis, and Zoe clears the stage.

"Duke Francis was summoned to the palace with a bit of news regarding Marianne's engagement," Lillie narrated.

The lights are still dim for Tai and Matt to enter the stage and that's when the lights comes back on.

"You summoned me, your majesty?" Tai acted taking his bow.

"Yes, Duke Francis. There is a matter I wish to discuss with you," Matt said.

"Of course, your highness. An audience with the king is to never to be taken lightly. And what matter do you wish to discuss with me?" Tai asked.

"As you are aware that my daughter is to marry Prince Alexander," Matt said.

"Yes, yes, your daughter's engagement to the Prince of Troia. I am fully aware, your majesty. But why bring this up, may I ask?" Tai acted.

"King Cecil and Queen Rosa of Troia are arriving here next week with their son. And I need you to help make their visit as pleasant as possible," Matt said.

"Yes, your majesty," Tai said.

"But that is not the reason I have summoned you here," Matt said.

"It isn't?" Tai acted.

"A plot against my family has just come to my attention. I suspect it may be one of our own nobles," Matt said.

"A plot against you, sire?" Tai asked.

"Indeed," Matt nodded.

"You wouldn't happen to know the identity of the conspirators?" Tai asked.

"I'm afraid not. If I had, then the perpetrator would have been brought here. But, I fear that it'll make our visitors call off the wedding," Matt said.

"Is there anything I can do to help with the investigation, my king? A plot against you and your family is nothing to laugh about," Tai said.

"I would like you to look into it, my friend. And you must not speak a word of this to anyone," Matt said.

"Of course, your majesty. If there is nothing more, then I shall take my leave," Tai said.

"I will not keep you. But before you go, Francis. I just want to say that I am proud to call you my friend," Matt said.

"As am I, your highness. Until we meet again," Tai took his bow as he left.

The lights go dim as Tai and Matt left the stage.

"Fortunately for Duke Francis, his plot against the Radiance royal family has gone undiscovered. But, in the kingdom of Troia, Prince Alexander sits in his royal bed chambers thinking of the argument he had with his parents," Lillie narrated as Sora enters the stage. "Then he hears a knock on his door." That was Guil's cue when he stomps his foot indicating a sound of a knocking door.

"Come in," Sora said.

Mimi enters the stage.

"May I have a word with you, my son?" Mimi asked.

"Hello, mother," Sora said. "What is it that you want to speak with me about?"

"I just wanted to speak about the argument about the arrangement to Princess Marianne," Mimi said.

Sora looked on the floor. Pikachu watches backstage holding Togepi.

"I just don't understand why I must be forced into a marriage with a woman I have never seen nor know anything about," Sora said. "I fear that I may not have anything in common with her. I fear that I'll not love her."

"I understand your concerns. To tell the truth, I've felt the same way about your father before we met," Mimi said.

"Why's that, mother?" Sora asked.

"Like you, I had fears and doubts about your father. I have always worried that he would force me to love him. But my fears and doubts had vanished when I met him and fell in love with him," Mimi said.

"So it was love at first sight?" Sora asked.

"It was," Mimi nodded. "I don't want you to think the same way about Princess Marianne the same way I did your father before I met him. So, I want you to promise me that you'll give her a chance. Not for your the kingdom and not for your father. Do it for me." Sora stroked his chin turning away before turning back to face her.

"Very well, mother. I will give the princess a chance for you," Sora said.

"That is all I ask," Mimi said as she gave Sora a hug.

The lights go dim as Sora and Mimi exited the stage.

"Good to his word, Alexander had to give the princess a chance," Lillie narrated.

"That was quite a performance, Mimi," Sora said in a whisper. "But you were giving it a little too close."

"I'm sorry, but I had to make it good," Mimi apologized.

"By the following week, Alexander and his parents made it to Radiance so that the two young royals could meet for the first time," Lillie narrated. "He was still skeptical about this arrangement, but he had to keep his promise to his mother. Marianne was also unsure. She joins her parents to meet her betrothed, fearing her marriage will be loveless."

Sora looked at Kairi whom she stood with Tai, Matt, Sara, Koji, Kouichi, and JP waiting for their cue. Illima, Kiawe and TK joined Sora and Mimi for their cue as the lights grow dim as Kairi, Tai, Matt, Sara, Koji, and JP entered the stage. Kairi, Matt, and Sara sat in the thrones. The lights comes back on again. Tommy enters the stage with a trumpet. Tommy blows on the trumpet, but not very good.

"Sounds like someone needs some practice," Sora said in his thoughts.

"Presenting! Their royal majesties King Cecil, Queen Rosa, and Prince Alexander of Troia!" Tommy said.

That was the cue for Sora, Illima, Mimi, TK and Kiawe to enter the stage. Illima, Mimi, Kiawe, and TK entered first with Sora behind them.

"King Edge and Queen Rydia," Illima said.

"King Cecil and Queen Rosa, presume," Matt said.

"A pleasure to finally meet you," Sara said with a smile.

"The pleasure is all ours," Mimi said looking at Kairi's direction. "And may I assume that is your daughter?"

"Yes it is," Sara said also looking at her. She gestures Kairi to stand up.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, your majesties," Kairi said doing a curtsy.

"Now may we present our son, Prince Alexander," Illima said. That was Kiawe and TK's cue to step aside for Sora to step forward and do a bow. He took a look towards at Kairi. Sora's heart starts to beat faster and faster. Sora couldn't blow his lines. Kairi had to stay in character as she saw how handsome her boyfriend looked in that prince costume.

"It was right there and then, Alexander had fallen in love with the princess at the very first sight; she in turn, had fallen in love with him," Lillie narrated. "Alexander's fears and doubts had vanished. He approached his fiancee and took her by the hand." Sora did exactly that blushing like crazy. Kairi's heart was beating pretty fast too.

"It is an honorable pleasure to finally meet you," Sora said kissing his girlfriend's hand. Kairi's face tuned a little more redder, but she had to remember her lines.

"The same can be said about you," Kairi said.

"And I must say, you are even more beautiful than I can ever imagine," Sora said. Tai looks at the couple smiling menacingly.

"Thank you for the kind complement, your highness," Kairi said. Sora turned to Matt and Sara and gave a princely bow.

JP snickered as Koji elbows him.

"Don't blow your lines," Koji whispered.

"Prince Alexander. It is an honor to finally meet you in person," Tai said taking his bow.

"And you are?" Sora asked.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself, your highness. I am Duke Francis; longtime friend of the Radiance royal family," Tai said.

The lights go dim as everyone else left the stage all except Sora and Kairi as the spotlight shines on them. Sora takes out his hand. Kairi takes hold of his hand with hers.

"The young prince and princess had gotten to know one another," Lillie narrated. "Alexander had visited Marianne on several occasions. And this was no exception. He had asked her to dance at the annual gala held year after year."

Music started playing as Sora and Kairi slow danced on the stage. On the backstage, the couple's friends watched them dance on.

"Way to go, Sora and Kairi," Kiawe said smiling.

"It's like a fairytale," Mallow said. "Even though it's a play, it's almost like they're really a prince and princess."

"Yeah. They sure do," Zoe said smiling. Mina and Sara fist bumped.

"This is wonderful! The audience is loving it! This is going better than I could even imagine!" Lawrence said being unable to contain his excitement.

In the audience, many couples cuddled close to each other; both young and old. Some of them were awestruck how well they were dancing. Once the music has ceased. Sora bowed as Kairi curtsied. They left on opposite sides of the stage.

"As time went on, Alexander and Marianne strolled in the royal gardens as Alexander had something to say to his fiancee," Lillie narrated.

"The time we've spent together has been the happiest time for me," Sora said taking Kairi's hand.

"Indeed, Alexander," Kairi said. "And to think I had feared we would have nothing in common. But all I can say is I am glad that my worries were for nothing."

"I had the same fears as well," Sora said. "On the day we met one another has been the most wonderful day of my life. Meeting you made me realize the hands of fates has arranged this even before our parents. And I can say this with confidence! I love you, Marianne."

"And I love you, my darling Alexander," Kairi said as she and Sora kissed each other on the lips with so much passion. They kissed each other a bit longer than it was written in the script.

"That was supposed to be a light kiss," Rika said in a whisper.

"We should have seen this coming," Hapu said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Who cares? They're loving it!" Takuya said looking at the audience.

"Even I couldn't believe this! It's going better than I could ever expect!" Lawrence said.

Sora and Kairi parted lips as they stared into each other's eyes ever so sweetly. Lillie was looking on stage blushing. She went back to the narration.

"And right there, their love have truly blossomed," Lillie narrated as Sora and Kairi exited the stage. "The evil Duke Francis along with his brother began making arrangements to overthrowing the Radiance royal family." That was Tai and Davis's cue to return to the stage.

"But Francis! This is madness!" Davis said. "We cannot hope to pull this off! What will happen when we are discovered?"

"We will not be discovered; as long as we make our move carefully. I mean who knows what kind of trouble the princess could have?" Tai asked as Davis raised an eyebrow.

"Trouble?" Davis asked.

"I shall make an audience with Loretta in her crypt," Tai said.

"You mean to make a deal with the witch? You truly are mad if striking a deal with her will benefit you! The price often is the soul!" Davis said.

"Don't tell me that you believe in such superstitious nonsense!" Tai laughed.

"And what reason is there that I shouldn't?!" Davis exclaimed. "She is crafty and cruel. She simply cannot be trusted!"

"Loretta shall do as I say," Tai said. "She will never dare do anything to betray me; as long as I can make her the right offer." The scene of the stage changes as Davis takes his leave.

"Fearing for his brother, Justin simply stepped aside as Duke Francis made his way to the witch Loretta," Lillie narrated as Acerola came to the stage with a big cauldron along with Mimikyu, Jangmo-o, Salandit, and Munchlax helping her mix something in the cauldron. Acerola was dressed in a standard witch outfit; black ragged clothing with a standard witch's hat and her face painted with green makeup with warts.

"Excuse me, madam," Tai said. "Are by chance the witch known as Loretta?" Acerola gave her best witch cackle.

"She's really getting into it," Sophocles said in a whisper.

"Well, she said she wanted to play a witch," Kiawe pointed out. "And she pulls it off nicely."

"Why yes I am," Acerola said stirring in her cauldron. Acerola started to make a chant and the Pokémon on stage joined in on the chant.

"I'd hate to interrupt, but I would li-" Tai said as Acerola cut him off.

"I know why you are here, Duke Francis," Acerola said. "You wish to become king, do you not?"

"Yes, yes, yes! But explain how you know this?" Tai asked.

"There is nothing in this world that I don't know," Acerola said. "And I had anticipated for your arrival."

"Then you know what it is that I require?" Tai asked as Acerola cackled again.

"Of course," Acerola said. "And I have what you require." Acerola pulls out a vial of red cherry soda. "Just slip this into the drink of the princess and she shall be the first to perish." Acerola handed Tai the vial. He looked at the vial carefully.

"What is the catch?" Tai asked making Acerola cackle again.

"I can see that you are skeptical. There is no catch, my friend," Acerola said. "The potion shall do the work. And you shall have the throne you rightfully deserve."

"And I thank you, my good lady," Tai said. "At last Radiance will be mine! Edge, my old friend; your end is coming! And your precious daughter shall be the first." Tai gave his best evil laugh as he exits the stage. Acerola laughs as evilly herself.

"You shall be king alright," Acerola said. "The king of fools!" Acerola and the Pokémon on stage laughed along as the cauldron bubbled.

"Duke Francis has cut a deal with the evil witch, only to pay with his soul without realizing it," Lillie narrated. "And not only that, the princess is in mortal danger. Will Duke Francis succeed in his evil plot or shall he fail? We will take a short intermission." The curtains closes as the audience applauds.

Acerola sat up and smiled.

"What a performance, guys," Acerola complemented.

"It sure is," Sora said patting Jangmo-o on the head along with his Salandit. Everyone took their places for the second on the part of the play. Sora, Kairi, Tai, Matt, Sara, Illima, Mimi, along with Kari, Rika, Yolei, Ken, Takuya, Takato, Henry, Sophocles, and Hapu came on stage playing various nobles. The curtains raises back up as Lillie retook her position.

"The date of the royal wedding has been announced and that's when Duke Francis made his arrangement to make his move by murdering Marianne," Lillie narrated. "Unknown to anyone, the evil duke has already slipped the poison into the princess's drink."

"And it pleases me to propose a toast to the wedding!" Matt said raising a plastic cup.

"To the wedding!" Everyone said taking a sip. Once they took a drink, Kairi held her throat and fell to the side. Sora, Illima, Mimi, Matt, and Sara got up from the chairs they were sitting in.

"MARIANNE!" Sora exclaimed holding her up.

"Marianne!" Sara also exclaimed.

"Daughter!" Matt yelled.

"Princess!" Tai also exclaimed.

"Marianne! Marrianne! Open your eyes!" Sora shook her. Sora then started to act crying.

The lights go dim as everyone clears the stage.

"After what happened to Marianne, King Edge called Duke Francis into his bed chambers to speak with him alone," Lillie narrated. Matt gets on the stage first and the lights come back on as Guil stomped his feet sounding like knocking.

"Enter," Matt said as Tai walked back on stage. "Duke Francis. It's always good to see you."

"I'm glad to hear that, your highness. I simply don't know how this could have happened," Tai said. "The perpetrators are even more craftier than I had expected." Matt turned to Tai.

"Francis, my dear loyal friend. I am giving you a very important task," Matt said.

"Anything, sire," Tai said. "What do you need to be done?" Tai asked.

"Find the ones responsible for this my daughter's murder and see to it that he or she is apprehended immediately!" Matt stated.

"Yes, your majesty. I shall get started at once," Tai said in a bow. The lights go dim again as Tai and Matt clear the stage.

"Duke Francis had succeeded with the princess, and it was only a matter of time before the treacherous duke made another attempt on the king and queen as well," Lillie narrated. "Or it would seem. Alexander was beginning to going through a period of grieving when one of his fiancee's handmaidens came in the room he was staying in." The lights come back on when Sora has been acting crying when Mallow approaches him.

"Excuse me, your majesty," Mallow said.

"What is it?" Sora asked.

"This message just came and the sender has instructed me to hand it to you," Mallow said as Sora took the piece of paper out of her hand.

"I know who is behind the plot. Meet me in the courtyard at midnight," Sora "read" the message. He turned to Mallow. "Do you know who sent this?"

"No, your majesty. I was only instructed to deliver the message to you," Mallow said.

"And I thank you," Sora said as Mallow bowed her head as the lights turn off again. Mallow exits the stage. The lights turns back on as Sora looks atound. Mina puts on a hooded cloak and went on the stage.

"Alexander waited until midnight and set off in the courtyard and he met with a mysterious woman in a cloak," Lillie narrated.

"Who are you?" Sora asked. "Speak now!"

"So you recieved my message," Mina said removing her hood. "How fortunate for me."

"If you know who has poisoned the princess then talk! If it was you who has killed her, then you shall die for your crime!" Sora said drawing out his sword.

"Relax. Your princess is not dead. She is in an enchantment. A magic potion conducted by my sister Loretta," Mina said.

"You did not answer my question! Who are you?" Sora asked pointing the sword at her.

"My name is Lauretta. A wiccan," Mina said.

"And you said Marianne is not dead! Explain how you know this!" Sora said still pointing the sword at her.

"Certainly, Prince Alexander. Marianne's father has been suspecting one of his nobles is plotting against him; and he is correct. This noble has been to my sister's and acquired the potion from her," Mina said.

"Tell me name of the one who has went to see your so-called sister," Sora said putting his sword away. At that point Davis came on the stage.

"It was my brother who was responsible," Davis said entering the stage. Sora turned to face him. "My brother, Duke Francis has been plotting against King Edge, Queen Rydia, and Princess Marianne. I apologize for not coming forward sooner, but I was afraid he would do away with me like he did others who has discovered his plot."

"The duke's brother speaks the truth," Mina said. Sora clutched his fist.

"I cannot believe the Duke of my future father-in-law would do such a thing," Sora said turning to Mina. "Answer me! How can I undo the enchantment?"

"The way to do it is with true love's kiss. You must kiss her on the lips within three days before her heart stops beating completely or she will truly die," Mina said. "The same can be said for her mother and father if you do not act fast."

"I will do what I must do to save my beloved Marianne," Sora said. "I thank you, kind wiccan." The lights go dim as Sora, Mina, and Davis exits the stage. The scene changes to when Tai and Acerola entered the stage.

"The young prince now knew what had to be done. The witch Loretta came to Duke Francis in his bed chambers to inform him of Prince Alexander's contact with her sister," Lillie narrated.

"What do you mean the princess is not dead?!" Tai questioned.

"The potion I had handed you will only keep her alive within three days. As we speak, her heart is slowing down, but your plot is doomed to failure when he kisses the princess and undo my spell; with help from my sister and from your brother as well," Acerola said.

"I knew I should've eliminated him when I had the chance!" Tai said. "A mistake I will correct when I see him."

The lights go dim as the scene changes as Acerola exits the stage. Tai reaches for a plastic sword. The lights come back on as Davis enters the stage.

"Fearing his hard work would be undone thanks to his brother, he waited for Justin's return to the mansion," Lillie narrated. Davis enters the stage and Tai stands up and "stabs" Davis and he falls on his back. "Wasting no words, Duke Francis ruthlessly kills his brother and sets off to do the same to the prince."

The lights grows dim again as the scene changes. Kairi gets into position in the prop coffin.

"Let's make some magic," Kairi said before getting into position. She gets pushed on the stage as the lights comes back on as Sora enters the stage. He looks at Kairi, reminding him of the kiss scene on Snow White. He had to remember that he's doing a performance on stage, so he had to stay focused.

"Oh, my dear Marianne," Sora said approaching Kairi in the prop coffin. "Let my kiss undo this evil enchantment. Let my love bring you back to my side, now and forever more." Sora was about to kiss her when Tai enters the stage.

"I think not, you royal brat!" Tai called out to Sora making him turn around. "I have worked hard to make them believe that the princess is dead! And I am not going to let you ruin everything!"

"You! You are responsible for this! I will not allow you to get away with what you have done to my wife to be!" Sora said drawing out his sword. "In the name of love, I will bring an end to your evil!" Tai draws out his sword.

"Then I shall kill you as I did my weak and worthless brother!" Tai said pointing his sword at Sora. "Have at you!" Sora and Tai clashed their swords as a duel broke out.

"The duel between the prince and the duke had began," Lillie narrated. "They were skilled warriors. Just as Prince Alexander had an edge over the Duke; he pulled a stunt of his own." Tai gave a pretend kick on Sora's right leg and he pretended to be hurt. Tai stands up and points his sword to Sora.

"It appears you have lost in the name of love, your majesty," Tai said. "Since you know of my plot, you shall not live to tell the tale. Now die Prince Alexander!" Tai raised the sword to lunge at Sora when Matt and Illima entered the stage with plastic swords of their own. Illima ran towards Sora and swung his sword at Tai's, making him miss.

"Just when all was lost for the prince, the two kings had come in time to save the prince's life," Lillie narrated.

"How dare you raise your blade against my son!" Illima exclaimed.

"And how dare you poison my daughter with an enchantment!" Matt added. "How could you do this to me?! I befriended you! I trusted you! And you would betray me after all these years?!"

"It would seem that my brother has informed you as well," Tai said. "But it's no matter, I'll just kill all three of you and then move on to the queen and take over Radiance! This kingdom will now have the king that it rightfully deserves!" With that said, TK, Koji, Kouichi, Kiawe, JP, Izzy, and Joe entered the stage pointing their spears at him.

"Duke Francis!" TK acted his role. "You are under arrest for high treason to the crown and an attempt on the princess's life!"

TK placed plastic chains on Tai as he and the other actors dragged Tai offstage.

"With the evil Duke's plan foiled, Alexander went to the princess and kissed her to break the spell," Lillie narrated as Sora did exactly that. Sora kissed Kairi on the lips for like a minute. He parted his lips from hers as she woke up.

"Alexander!" Kairi acted.

"Marianne! Thank goodness you are not dead!" Sora said picking her up bridal style. This was the first time Sora had really done that.

"I am alive, my love!" Kairi said taking him in her arms. "But what has happened?"

"We have much to discuss, my daughter," Matt said walking up to them. The lights go dim as the scene changes to Acerola, Mimikyu, Salandit, Jangmo-o, and Munchlax.

"It was no surprise to the witch that the Duke's plan ended in failure, even if she had not foreseen it," Lillie narrated. Acerola cackled.

"I knew his greed and jealousy would be his undoing," Acerola said. "But the credit will have to go to you, my sister."

The scene had switched to Sora and Kairi standing on a platform with Cody as the minister.

"Francis was sentenced to banishment for all his crimes. King Edge could have executed the former Duke, but as a show of faith to their friendship, he had spared his life," Lillie narrated. "As for Alexander and Marianne, they both had married each other out love. The fears of a loveless marriage had vanished as they began their lives anew." Sora and Kairi kissed each other on the lips again as the audience are swooned by the romantic atmosphere. "And they lived happily ever after."

With that done, the curtain closes as everyone in the audience started applauding. Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine, and the rest of the cast took a bow. Lawrence came on stage waving to the crowd.

"Thank you all!" Lawrence said to the audience. "Thank you all!"

Sora and his friends felt satisfied that the play was a big success. A woman who said that she represents a movie studio told Lawrence she would be interested in making it into a hit motion picture. Lawrence had accepted.

On the very next morning, everyone stood outside the theater.

"I simply cannot thank you kids enough!" Lawrence said gratefully.

"We're just we were able to help you out," Sora said.

"And that was a hell of a performance," Tai said.

"I was lucky you kids came around," Lawrence said. "You inspired me to hire people in the community instead of trying professional actors."

The four groups said their goodbyes to Lawrence and to each other as they all knew they would all meet again. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine continued on with their journey to Cinnabar Island. But who knows what else awaits them? Just wait and see til then.