Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Garden of Bulbasaur ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 52: The Garden of Bulbasaur

Several days went by since Sora and his friends took part of a play; each of them had a dramatic side they didn't know they even had.

Sora had been approached by a young hiker and challenged into a battle. This hiker had said he came back from the Alola region just recently.

"Geodude! Go for it!" The young hiker said throwing a Pokéball letting out a Geodude that happens to be slate gray with eyebrows.

"A Geodude?" Sora questioned taking out his Pokédex and scanned it.

Geodude Alolan Form, the Rock Pokémon

Type: Rock/Electric

Alolan Geodude compete against each other with headbutts. The iron sand on their heads will stick to whichever one has stronger magnetism. If you accidentally step on a Geodude sleeping on the ground, you'll hear a crunching sound and feel a shock ripple through your entire body.

"Rock and Electric, huh?" Sora took out a Safari Ball and threw it. "Jangmo-o! Go for it!" The Safari Ball lets out Jangmo-o entering the battle.

"Geodude! Use Spark!" The hiker orders as the Geodude's body became surronded by yellow electricity and sends it out to Jangmo-o.

"Jangmo-o! Protect!" Sora called as Jangmo-o forms a protective barrier around himself. The attack bounces off. "Headbutt!" Jangmo-o rams into Geodude.

"Use Thunder Punch!" The hiker ordered. Geodude threw an electric punch, hitting the scaly Pokémon.

"Dragon Breath!" Sora called out as Jangmo-o fired Dragon Breath right at the electric rock Pokémon. "Now use Headbutt again!" Jangmo-o hits Geodude hard again and is sent right back down to the ground.

"Geodude! Thunderbolt!" The hiker ordered. Geodude fires Thunderbolt right at Jangmo-o.

"Protect!" Sora called out as Jangmo-o forms a protective shield again. "Full power Dragon Breath!" Jangmo-o fires a much more powerful Dragon Breath. Geodude was down and out. The hiker calls his Geodude back.

"Not bad," the hiker said pulling out another Pokéball and threw it. "Graveler! Go!" The Pokéball letting out a Graveler that happens to be slate gray as well. It also has eyebrows like the Alolan Geodude plus sideburns on the side. It also has yellow dots on its body. Sora took out his Pokédex again.

Graveler Alolan Form, the Rock Pokémon

The evolved form of Geodude Alolan Form

Type: Rock/Electric

When two Graveler fight each other, it fills the surroundings with flashes of light and sound. People call it the "fireworks of the earth."

"And what fireworks," Sora commented. "Okay, Jangmo-o, come on back." Sora calls Jangmo-o back inside. He took out another Pokéball and threw it. "Brionne! Go for it!" The Pokéball lets out Brionne and took a bow upon making an entrance. "Brionne! Use Ice Beam!" Brionne fires Ice Beam right Graveler.

"Block that with Thunderbolt!" The hiker ordered as it fired Thunderbolt blocking Ice Beam. Both Pokémon ceased their attacks.

"Use Aqua Jet!" Sora called out as Brionne surrounds herself with water and charges right at Graveler.

"Use Stone Edge!" The hiker ordered as Graveler's body became surrounded by a yellow aura and slams on the ground as pillars of rocks pops out. Brionne was hit by the rocks undoing the Aqua Jet. "Now use Thunderbolt!" Graveler fired Thunderbolt right at Brionne knocking her out.

"Brionne, return," Sora said calling Brionne back into her Pokéball. "Don't feel bad for losing. You deserve a good rest." Sora pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Okay Ivysaur! Go!" Sora throws his Pokéball letting out his Ivysaur.

"Ivysaur!"

"Return, Graveler!" The hiker said calling back his Graveler. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Rhyhorn! Go!" The Pokéball opens and unleashes a Rhyhorn. This Rhyhorn was brown and stars swirls around it upon entry. "Take Down attack!" Rhyhorn charges towards Ivysaur.

"Ivysaur! Dodge and use Razor Leaf!" Sora called out. Ivysaur swerves out of the way before Rhyhorn could land a hit. Ivysaur fires Razor Leaf right at Rhyhorn.

"Rhyhorn! Avoid it! And use Bulldoze!" The hiker ordered as Rhyhorn slams on the ground. The earth beneath them starts shaking. Kairi held Togepi tightly not wanting to drop him. The Alolan nine all braced themselves.

"Use Vine Whip to jump!" Sora ordered. Ivysaur took out his vines and slammed on the ground to avoid the attack. "Now fire Solar Beam!"

"Ivysaur!" Ivysaur started charging up energy at the flower.

"Rhyhorn! Take Down!" The hiker ordered as Rhyhorn charged towards Ivysaur. Rhyhorn does hit Ivysaur, but he lets out Solar Beam, knocking out the shiny rhino Pokémon. "Rhyhorn!" He ran to his fallen Pokémon. "You okay?" Rhyhorn nods. "You should rest up." He calls his Rhyhorn back into its Pokéball. "That wasn't bad, kid." He shook Sora's hand.

"Thanks. I can say the same about you," Sora said shaking his hand.

"You're a tough trainer. You raised your Pokémon right," The hiker said with a smile. "Gotta go!" The hiker went back to hiking when Kairi and the Alolan nine went up to Sora.

"A little something for the winner," Kairi said giving Sora a kiss on the cheeks. Sora blushed as the Alolan nine laughed at his embarrassment.

"Pikachu," Pikachu chuckled.

"Toge, Togepi!" Togepi joined in.

"Thanks, Kairi," Sora said still blushing. "Hey, Ivysaur! That was awesome as always." Sora smiled.

"Ivysaur," Ivysaur said in a daze. He had a big red bump on his head.

"Whoa, you took a pretty bad hit from that Rhyhorn. We should get you, Brionne, and Jangmo-o checked in," Sora said.

Sora called Ivysaur back inside his Pokéball as he, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine set off to the nearest Pokémon Center. Once they arrived, Ivysaur, Brionne, and Jangmo-o were healed up good.

"Here you are," Nurse Joy said with a smile. "Your Pokémon are fighting fit."

"Thanks a lot, Nurse Joy," Sora said taking his Pokémon back. Sora went to join his friends and he smiled as he saw Kairi and Pikachu playing with Togepi.

"Peekaboo! I see you!" Kairi said playing with Togepi.

"Toge, Toge!"

"You like that game don't you, Togepi?" Kairi asked tickling her Pokémon.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!"

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu said.

"Pikachu seems to agree," Sora said sitting next to Kairi.

"How are Ivysaur and the others?" Kairi asked.

"They're doing okay," Sora answered ticking Togepi on the spike. He took Togepi in his hands and made some goofy faces and making some funny noise.

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi laughed.

The couple played for a bit before they joined the Alolan nine for some lunch in the messhall. After lunch, he stepped out of the Pokémon Center with Ivysaur, Jangmo-o, Salandit, Wartortle, and Brionne out of their balls.

"How about a little exercise, guys?" Sora addressed the team.

"Pika!" Pikachu and the other Pokémon agreed.

Sora and his Pokémon proceeded on with their training. They spent an hour on training when suddenly a Bulbasaur runs out of the bushes.

"Bulbasaur. Bulba?" The little Bulbasaur turns and sees the Ivysaur in front of it.

"Ivysaur."

"Bulbasaur."

Sora, Pikachu, and the other Pokémon went up to the little Bulbasaur.

"Where did you come from? And who do you belong to?" Sora asked.

"Bulba?"

"Pikachu."

Just then, Kairi and the Alolan nine steps out to check on Sora when they also saw the little Bulbasaur.

"Hey, a Bulbasaur," Mallow said.

"Where did it come from?" Lana asked.

"No idea. It just showed up just when we were training," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"Ivysaur," Ivysaur added.

Everyone looked at the Bulbasaur and all gasped when they saw the bulb was starting to glow.

"What is going on?" Sora questioned.

"We'll have to get her into the Pokémon Center at once!" Kairi said.

"Togepi!"

"She's right. This doesn't look natural," Illima said.

Sora and his friends raced the little Bulbasaur back to the Pokémon Center gor Nurse Joy to do a checkup on her. Once they got there, Sora explained how she first showed up while he and his Pokémon were training.

"And that's the story. Do you think there's something wrong with her?" Sora asked.

"I'm not really sure, but I'll do what I can to help this little one," Nurse Joy answered taking the Bulbasaur a stretcher. Just then, flowers strored in a couple of vases started to bloom on their own exciting Togepi.

"Pi! Toge, Toge, Toge, Toge!"

"What is it, Togepi? Is something wrong?" Kairi asked as she saw the flowers blooming as well. "Is that what's got you riled up?"

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all waited for Nurse Joy's word when she got to work on checking on the Bulbasaur's condition. After waiting several minutes, she and her Chansey stepped out.

"Is the Bulbasaur okay?" Mallow asked concerned.

"None of you have nothing to worry about. This little one is just getting ready to evolve," Nurse Joy said.

"Is that right?" Sora asked placing his hands behind his head.

"Yes," Nurse Joy said in a nod. "Come with me and I'll show you something." She lead the group to the window and they all gasped in awe watching the flowers outside bursting into bloom.

"All those Flowers," Acerola said.

"They're blooming just like the last time," Kairi said smiling.

"What do you mean?" Kiawe asked.

"When we brought the Bulbasaur in the Center, Togepi and I saw the flowers in the vase burst into bloom," Kairi explained.

"So, the Bulbasaur is gonna evolve just like Sora's Bulbasaur did," Sophocles said remembering.

"Yeah, but my Bulbasaur didn't cause anything to bloom when evolving with Charmander and Squirtle," Sora remembered his battle with Tai.

The wildflowers started to give off sparkles making everyone awe strucked.

"So beautiful," Lillie said beaming.

"The flowers are sparkling," Mallow said.

"I have never seen anything like this before," Hapu said.

"Nor did I," Illima said. "An incredible sight to beheld."

"It is said at a certain time of year, wild Bulbasaur from all over will start gathering around for the festival of their evolution. No one knows why they choose that time; but it's different every year," Nurse Joy explained. "It's said it has something to do with the alignment of the planets and the phases of the moon."

"And it looks like we made it just in time," Kiawe said.

"But where do they go to evolve?" Sophocles asked.

"Have any of you ever heard of the Mysterious Garden?" Nurse Joy asked.

"I have. My grandmother would tell me stories about it when I was little," Kairi said as she remembered. "It is said that a Venusaur larger than usual comes out of a huge tree and watches over the garden."

"That is exactly right," Nurse Joy said. "Since it was never seen by human beings; most people think it's nothing more than an illusion."

"And that is something," Sora said.

"Pikachu."

"Well, I don't think it's an illusion," Mallow stated. "It should be somewhere out there."

"Yeah," Mina said.

"But I would like to see it," Kairi said.

"Togepi!"

"Looks like you agree with me, Togepi," Kairi said smiling.

"Same here, Kairi," Sora said.

Everyone gets some sleep, as the little Bulbasaur sneaks out. Pikachu wakes up and Ivysaur pops out of his Pokéball on his own. They follow the little Bulbasaur outside.

"Shouldn't you two be in bed?" - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"We thought you could use some company." - Pikachu subtitle.

"Why sneak out in the middle of the night just to watch the flowers bloom?" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"I didn't come out here just for that. It's a lot more." - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"A lot more?" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"What do you mean?" - Pikachu subtitle.

"Well, the thing is this. I don't want to evolve. It's said that I'll be a completely different Pokémon after evolving and I don't want to evolve! I just want to stay the way I am." - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"Are really afraid of being different?" - Ivysaur subtitle. The Bulbasaur nodded.

"You can be a different Pokémon, but you'll always be the same to someone training you. Sora still sees me the same way after I evolved. And those Pokémon that a couple of compadres of mine were nothing to sneeze at." - Ivysaur subtitle.

"Ivysaur is right. You'll always be same; no matter what form you take. But the time for you to evolve should really be your choice." - Pikachu subtitle.

"My choice? What do you mean?" - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"I had a choice to make when Sora held a Thunder Stone to me just to get me to evolve into a Raichu; but I refused. It was after I lost to a Raichu at Sora's third Gym challenge. But I decided to battle as is! Not just against a Raichu, but any kind of Pokémon out there." - Pikachu subtitle.

"Sora respected his choice. And so do I. If you don't want to evolve and I can respect that. And I won't force you to evolve, because it will be insulting to you." - Ivysaur subtitle.

The Bulbasaur allowed what the two other Pokémon said. She had to consider if she had to choose to evolve or not. Then without warning, vines came out of the forest when the little Bulbasaur is lifted in the air by some other Bulbasaur.

The wild Bulbasaur carried their captive through the forest.

"Don't worry! We'll save you!" - Pikachu subtitle. Pikachu was about to run after them when Ivysaur stepped in front of Pikachu, stopping him.

"No!" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"What do you mean no? Why not?" - Pikachu subtitle.

"They're taking her back for some reason. Sora and the others must know about this. We should head back to the Pokémon Center.- Ivysaur subtitle.

"Good idea! Let's go!" - Pikachu subtitle.

Pikachu and Ivysaur rushes back to the Pokémon Center to inform Sora and the rest. Inside the Pokémon Center, Sora, Kairi, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were sleeping soundly.

As Pikachu and Ivysaur entered the room, Pikachu jumped to the bunk bed where Sora was sleeping. Pikachu shocked Sora awake. Sora screams at being shocked waking Kairi and the Alolan nine.

"Pikachu! How many times do I have to tell you not to shock me awake?" Sora scolded Pikachu and took a look at Ivysaur. "And Ivysaur, how did you get out of your Pokéball?"

"Pika, Pika, Pika!" Pikachu said doing an impression of the Bulbasaur.

"Did something happen?" Sora asked. Pikachu and Ivysaur led the group to the E.R. and saw the Bulbasaur missing.

"The Bulbasaur is gone!" Acerola said.

"What happened?" Sora asked. "Where did she go?"

Pikachu and Ivysaur led everyone where the Bulbasaur was abducted.

Not too far from the Pokémon Center, Team Rocket wonders the forest witnessing the sparkles in the flowers. Jessie marveled at the sight while James had allergies.

"This plavlce is dreamy! It makes me feel like a fairytale princess!" Jessie said.

"And I feel another sneeze coming, I hate this sparkly stuff! I have allergies!" James said.

"And I'm allergic to your whining!" Jessie hissed.

"You both give me a rash! Quit your jabbering, we got a job to do!" Meowth said.

"Yes! We're going to get you, Pikachu!" Jessie said.

"And there ain't nothing to it, but to do it!" Meowth said as the group of Bulbasaur from before crossed paths with Team Rocket.

"Lookie here! A Bulbasaur Bonanza!" Jessie beamed.

"A Bulbasaur Blowout!" James added.

"A Birthday Bulbasaur Bargain to top!" Meowth said.

"And they're all ours!" Team Rocket rushes over to capture the wild Bulbasaur, but they smack them with Vine Whip sending them in the air.

"Our Bulbasaur Bonanza was bust!" James said.

"It looks like-" Jessie started.

-"Team Rocket's blasting off again!" Team Rocket goes flying in the air.

Pikachu and Ivysaur leads Sora, Kairi, and fhe Alolan nine to where they saw the Bulbasaur.

"Which way now?" Sora asked as Pikachu sniffed the soil.

"Pika!" Pikachu said pointing to the right.

"Let's go!" Sora said as he and his friends followed his Pokémon. Team Rocket falls through the ground shortly after the group had left.

"Ouch," Jessie said in pain.

"Those Bulbasaur are going to pay for this," James said.

"We won't take this laying down," Meowth said.

The group ran up a hill following a stream of pollen ahaed of them.

"It must be getting stronger the further we go!" Hapu said.

"We must be close to that mysterious garden Nurse Joy was telling us about!" Lillie said as Mina nodded.

Vines started to come to life as they were trying to stop the group from entering the mysterious garden.

"What the hell is going on?!" Kiawe exclaimed.

"The whole forest is going crazy!" Lana said.

"The vines are alive!" Mallow said.

"What are they trying to do?" Sora asked.

"They must be trying to stop us!" Illima said.

"That could make sense!" Lillie said.

"The whole forest is haunted!" Sophocles said.

"Look!" Kairi called out pointing to the vines moving in their path.

"They're trying to prevent us from entering!" Illima said.

"Make a dive for it!" Sora called out to the group.

"Pika!" Pikachu said.

Everyone dives through the vines before the path is completely blocked. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Ivysaur, and the Alolan nine panted as they made it through.

"That was a close shave," Sophocles said panting.

It sure was. It's no wonder nobody has ever seen the Mysterious Garden before," Sora pointed out.

"It must have been cut off from the outside world for a reason," Mina said.

"I agree. Humans may try something careless once here," Illima said.

"Well, then it's a good thing we didn't come here for that," Kiawe said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"Ivysaur!" Ivysaur said.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all went over to see what the ruckus was about when they saw a lot of Bulbasaur.

"Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing?" Lana asked.

"Bulbasaur," Mina said.

"Just look at them all," Mallow said in awe.

"There has to be even more Bulbasaur than we can count," Lillie said.

The sparkles of pollen flows into a humongous tree. Suddenly large stomping sounds are heard coming from the tree. The stomping grew louder and louder as with each step. Out from the tree comes a Venusaur. This Venusaur was much larger than the one Sora had battled and it had no bulb at the flower's top.

"Saur!" The giant Venusaur roared.

"Saur!" The Bulbasaur shouted.

"A Venusaur!" Sora said in amazement.

"He's much bigger than I would imagine," Kairi said.

Everyone watched the festival as all the Bulbasaur's bulbs started to glow. Sora and his friends watched with amazement.

Outside the garden, Team Rocket are blocked by the vines wondering how to get through.

"How in the hell are we gonna get through?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Why dosen't Meowth just uses his claws to slash through them?" James questioned crossing his arms.

"I'll just file my claws down to the bone," Meowth said.

"Okay, garden! You've AXED for it!" Jessie said in a pun holding an axe.

"We're the toughest team you have ever SAWED," James added with a pun holding a saw.

"Let's cut to the chase!" Meowth also said in a pun with two sickles. The vines then started to attack Team Rocket.

"So, a temper tantrum, eh? Then get to the root of the problem!" Jessie said as she James and Meowth charged towards the vines, but more just shown up. Team Rocket just ran as the vines just chased them off.

"Its bite is much worse than its bark!" James said running.

Back in the garden, all the Bulbasaur gathered pollen into their bulbs and then started to evolve. All the Bulbasaur involved into Ivysaur.

"That is so awesome," Sora said as his eyes sparkled with stars.

"This must be their evolution festival," Kairi said.

"I read in a book that people have often disagreed rather if Bulbasaur is a plant or animal Pokémon. But it turns out they're one in the same," Lillie said.

"Plants and animals rely on one another to grow or else life wouldn't go on," Mallow added.

"These Pokémon are a sign that all life on earth are connected," Illima said.

"Maybe you're right," Sora said.

"Pika," Pikachu beamed at the sight.

"Hey, guys. That one isn't evolving at all," Sophocles said.

"Is that the one we met today?" Sora asked Pikachu and Ivysaur.

"Chu," Pikachu nodded.

"Ivysaur," Ivysaur also nodded.

Venusaur looked over to the one Bulbasaur as she just fought back against her own evolution. But unfortunately, that did not go unnoticed with Venusaur and the wild Ivysaur.

"What is this?" - Venusaur subtitle. Venusaur and the Ivysaur turn to the only Bulbasaur left and glares at her. "Why aren't you evolving?" - Venusaur subtitle.

"Because I don't want to." - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"Don't want to?! Why would you not want to evolve? You would be doing this planet a favor!" - Venusaur subtitle.

"But I like myself the way I am! I can do my part for the earth as a Bulbasaur!" - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"What you like and don't like is not consequential to me! I am giving you a direct order to evolve into an Ivysaur just like the others!" - Venusaur subtitle.

"Evolve! Evolve!" - Ivysaur subtitle.

Sora and his friends all look in the field watching the argument below.

"I don't think it's going well for her," Kairi said holding Togepi tightly.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi said clinging to Kairi.

"That Venusaur is trying to make that Bulbasaur evolve," Acerola said.

"Indeed. And her refusal is just making all of them angry," Illima said.

Venusaur had enough of the Bulbasaur's defiance and used Vine Whip to attack the little Bulbasaur. Sora's Ivysaur rushes to protect the Bulbasaur.

"Ivysaur, wait!" Sora called out running after him. Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all followed. Venusaur struck at Sora's Ivysaur before his Vine Whip struck at the little Bulbasaur. "Ivysaur!" Sora ran towards his Ivysaur. "You okay?"

"Ivysaur," Ivysaur responded in pain.

"Sora!" Kairi called as she, Pikachu and the Alolan nine all rushed over to their side.

Venusaur and the wild Ivysaur all glare at the humans that had come invited to their festival fearing they had come to ruin it.

"Why have you come here, outsider? And why have you bring these humans here?" - Venusaur subtitle.

"I apologize for coming here and ruining your festival. But I couldn't stand by and let you strike down one Bulbasaur just because she refused to evolve." - Ivysaur subtitle.

"You have no business with us! Take your humans and get out of my garden and don't you ever come back here!" - Venusaur subtitle.

"I will if you would acknowledge what everyone would want for themselves; not for you!" - Ivysaur subtitle.

"It's not just for me. It is for this tree. As you can see." - Venusaur subtitle. Venusaur shows them the condition of the tree. All the branches haven't completely floraged with leaves and flowers.

"Could it be that these Pokémon are manipulating nature?" Acerola asked.

"That could explain a lot," Sora said.

"I do want to do my part for the tree. But I want to do so as the way I am." - Bulbasaur subtitle.

"Again, I am sorry for coming here uninvited. It was never our intention to ruin the festival! But you can't force someone into something they don't want to do!- Ivysaur subtitle.

"The pest's Ivysaur is right! You should follow your own path!" Meowth translated.

"And our path to the Mysterious Garden was blocked," James said.

"So we decided to rise above!" Jessie added.

"And with some hot air!" Meowth said.

"Looks like we have to prepare for trouble," Sora groaned.

Everyone looked up and saw Team Rocket's hot air balloon floating above them.

"Sure do," Kairi agreed.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Stop wasting time!" Meowth said. "Start the machine up!"

"We need the motto!" Jessie said.

"We would feel off if we didn't say it!" James added.

The bottom of the balloon opens letting out a vaccum.

"This is not going to end well," Mallow said.

Jessie laughs, "Hit it!"

"Suction on!" James said activating the vacuum.

Many of the Ivysaur got caught in the vacuum's force as Venusaur used Vine Whip to grab some of the Ivysaur.

"It's trying to save them," Jessie snickered.

"Increase vacuum pressure to full power!" Meowth said.

"Roger!" James said increasing the power.

Venusaur tried to hold on, but the full force of the vacuum was getting too strong to fight against. Sora and the others had to do something fast. He thought of having Pikachu use Iron Tail to cut the bag open, but Pikachu would end up being sucked up. Ivysaur then fired Razor Leaf, but it was not enough to do so.

"IVYSAUR!" Ivysaur roared to the sky as he started to evolve. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all gasped at the sight.

"Ivysaur," Sora and Kairi said at once.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

Ivysaur then evolved into a Venusaur; not as big as the one on the stump, but pretty strong.

"VENUSAUR!" The newly evolved Venusaur roared.

Sora's Ivysaur was now a Venusaur! Sora felt proud to witness that sudden burst of evolution. The little Bulbasaur looked at the newly evolved Venusaur with amazement.

"Way to go, Venusaur! You evolved just in the knick of time! Okay Venusaur! Fire your Solar Beam attack!"

"Venusaur!" Sora's Venusaur started drawing in energy into the flower on his back.

"Fire away!" Sora called out as Sora's Venusaur fired Solar Beam right at the vacuum, dropping the bag. Sora's Venusaur used Razor Leaf to cut the bag open letting the Ivysaur out. Team Rocket landed in front of the Pokémon as they stare at them with an angry look on their faces.

"Things look bad," James shivered in fear.

"And things are about to get worse," Meowth also shivered.

The little Bulbasaur, the Ivysaur, and both Venusaur smacked Team Rocket with their Vine Whip and sent them flying.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted when a star twinkles in the background.

Sora gave his new Venusaur a hug, joined by Kairi, Pikachu, and Togepi.

"That was awesome, Venusaur!" Sora said.

"I knew you could do it!" Kairi added.

"Pika, Pi!" Pikachu said.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

The larger Venusaur stares at the group along with the group. The little Bulbasaur runs back to her group not wanting to suffer her leader's wrath. The wild Venusaur took out a vine and held it front of Sora's Venusaur smiling. Sora's Venusaur returned the favor with a vine-shake.

"That Venusaur must finally understand," Sophocles said.

"I think you're right," Illima said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

The group said their goodbyes to the wild Venusaur and Ivysaur before it disappears until the following year. They were glad to see it with their own eyes. With that behind them, Sora and his friends continued on with their journey to Cinnabar Island for Sora's next Gym battle.

Along the way, Sora is approached by a young man wanting to battle Sora.

"Sandshrew! Go!" The young man said throwing a Pokéball letting out a Sandshrew. It looked like an igloo in appearance.

"Could that be what I think it is?" Sora questioned taking out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Sandshrew Alolan Form, the Mouse Pokémon

Type: Ice/Steel

It lives on snowy mountains. Its steel shell is very hard—so much so, it can't roll its body up into a ball. The skin on its back is as hard as steel. Predators go after its soft belly, so it clings to the ground desperately.

"Definitely an Alolan Sandshrew," Sora said putting his Pokédex away and taking out a Safari Ball. "Salandit! Go for it!" The Safari Ball lets out his Salandit. The toxic lizard Pokémon activates Corrosion ability on the Alolan Sandshrew. "Salandit! Start up with Flame Burst!" Salandit obeyed by letting out Flame Burst at the Sandshrew.

"Sandshrew! Protect!" The young man ordered as the Alolan Sandshrew formed a protective shield around it. "Move in with Ice Punch!" Sandshrew obeyed by running towards Salandit.

"Salandit, dodge and use Dragon Rush!" Sora ordered as Salandit lets out her dragon attack. Sandshrew is sent back. "Okay, now use Flamethrower!" Salandit fired Flamethrower right at Sandshrew, knocking it out. Salandit felt proud, but then she started to evolve. Salandit stood on her hind legs as she evolved into a Salazzle.

"Look at that!" Lana said in amazement.

"Salandit evolved into a Salazzle!" Kiawe said.

"Way to go, Salazzle!" Sora said.

Sora's opponent calls back his Sandshrew and pulls out another Pokéball.

"You did okay, but lets see how you handle my next one! Onix, go!" The young man said letting out an Onix.

"Okay, Salazzle, return!" Sora said calling Salazzle back and pulls out a Pokéball. "Venusaur! Go for it!" Sora throws the Pokéball letting out his Venusaur. "Razor Leaf!"

"Venusaur!" Venusaur fired Razor Leaf right at Onix.

"Dodge it with Dig!" The young man ordered as Onix dug into the earth.

"Stand your ground," Sora said. Venusaur didn't move an inch. He waited for his opponent to make an appearance soon. After a few minutes of waiting, Onix pops out the ground to attack.

"Onix! Use Double-Edge!" The young man ordered as Onix launched his attack on Venusaur. Venusaur couldn't dodge due to his size.

"Use Petal Dance!" Sora ordered as flower petals forms around Venusaur and they hit Onix good. "Vine Whip!" Venusaur obeyed giving Onix a good smack on the side. Onix was down and out. He calls back his Onix and shakes Sora's hand.

"That was a pretty good battle," the young man smiled shaking Sora's hand.

"You too. Your Onix gave it its all," Sora said.

"Well, I should think nothing less of my Onix. Just as you expect no less from your Venusaur," the young man complemented.

"You think so?" Sora asked.

"I know so," the young man smiled.

The group settled on with their journey. Sora decided to ride on Venusaur along with Kairi holding Togepi.

"Hey, Venusaur! Try not to be rough aince their's a baby on board," Sora joked. Kairi giggled along with Togepi.

"Pikachu."

Elsewhere, Team Rocket lands in some crops. Jessie and James lands in a pumpkin patch while Meowth lands in a cornfield.

"I've heard of corn dogs, but never corn cats," Meowth said emerging from the field.

"Because of this blast off, I am never eating anything with pumpkin again," James said.

"Quit your complaining! Let's get started with our next plan of attack!" Jessie said.

"Hey you!" An angry voice called out. Team Rocket turns to see a farmer with a shotgun. "Get the hell off of my property!" Before Jessie could make a threat he fired a warning shot next to her. "Next one won't be a warning!"

Team Rocket dashes off as sounds of gunshots echoed throughout the area.

It definitely looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again. But will they make it out in time before they look like swiss cheese? Who cares?

"WE CARES!" Team Rocket exclaimed.

Okay, we can just end it here for them and check in with Sora, Kairi, Pikachu ,Togepi, and the Alolan nine until the next time.