Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Sora vs Ash ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 56: Sora vs Ash

Several days had passed since meeting with Lea and Isa, so everyone decided to take a break for a while so they could relax. Sora sat alongside Kairi, Pikachu, and Togepi. for a bit.

"It feels good to relax every once in a while," Sora sighed happily.

"It sure does," Kairi agreed.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

"Gotta hand it to you. That meal you cooked up for lunch," Sora beamed putting his arm around his girlfriend. "Tasty as always."

"It always makes me happy to see you enjoy it," Kairi said. "I do love you."

"Love you, too," Sora said.

Kairi gave Sora a kiss on the lips making Sora happy. Pikachu and Togepi looked up at Sora and Kairi. Togepi went up to Kairi wanting her to pick him up.

"Okay, okay, I'll pick you up, sweetie," Kairi said. "Here you go! Upsies!"

"Pi! Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

Sora beamed at the sight of Kairi and Togepi. He thought in his mind that she'll make a great mom someday.

Sora gave a warming hug to Kairi making her giggle. Not wanting to feel left out, Pikachu joined in on the hug.

"Well isn't this a touching sight?" A new female voice called out. They turned to see a girl with her long blonde hair tied in a ponytail wearing a red shirt exposing a small part of her midriff wearing blue sweatpants with white streaks. She had blue-green eyes. "You wouldn't mind if I borrowed your man for a battle, do you?"

"If that's what it takes for you to go away, then I accept," Sora stated.

"That's what I wanted to hear," the teen girl smirked.

Not too far, Ash, Misty, and Brock come walking through the woods when they spotted Sora and Kairi alone.

"Hey! It's those two from earlier," Ash pointed out.

"And it looks like that kid is going into a battle," Misty said.

"Toge, Toge," Misty's Togepi chirped.

Brock took a look over to Sora's opponent and he instantly falls for her.

"Aah! What a beauty! If there's one constant in the multiverse! It's the fact there are beautiful ladies the worlds all have," Brock said his face turning red.

Brock was about to rush over only for Misty to grab him by the ear.

"You idiot! The idea is not to draw attention to ourselves!" Misty said pulling on his ear.

"Ouch," Brock groaned. "You didn't have to pull it so hard." Brock rubbed his ear.

"Let's how good a trainer he is!" Ash said watching Sora with interest.

"Oh boy. There he goes again," Misty facepalmed.

"Pikachu," Ash's Pikachu agreed.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

Over to Sora he got a Pokéball ready.

"Venusaur! Go!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball. The Pokéball opens letting out Venusaur.

"Venusaur!" Venusaur said.

"So, it's a Venusaur, huh? Well then, let's go with this. Dewgong! Go!" The teen girl called throwing her Pokéball. Dewgong is unleashed from its Pokéball. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Dewgong, the Sea Lion Pokémon

The evolved form of Seel

Type: Water/Ice

Dewgong loves to snooze on bitterly cold ice. The sight of this Pokémon sleeping on a glacier was mistakenly thought to be a mermaid by a mariner long ago.

"Venusaur has the edge being a Grass Type since Dewgong's Type is Water; but at the same time, Dewgong has the edge since its second Type is Ice. Gonna plan my moves carefully," Sora said in his thoughts.

"Okay, Dewgong! You start thing up with Headbutt!" She ordered as Dewgong charged head-first towards Venusaur.

"Venusaur! Use Vine Whip!" Sora ordered as Venusaur used Vine Whip to grab Dewgong and give the sea lion Pokémon a good throw. Dewgong gets back up.

"You use Hail!" Dewgong releases a gust of cold air from its body, causing ice to start falling. The ice hits Venusaur pretty hard. "Now fire Icicle Spear!" Dewgong fires spears of ice right at Venusaur. Kairi watched worriedly as she knew Venusaur couldn't dodge it because of his size and speed; also it was coming too fast.

"Come on, Sora. Try something fast," Kairi said in her thoughts.

"Try Razor Leaf to block it!" Sora called out as Venusaur fired Razor Leaf right at Icicle Spear. Venusaur's attack managed to cut the attack into ribbons creating some snow. "That was was too close for comfort, if you SNOW what I mean." Sora laughed as Kairi shook her head.

"That was a lame pun," The girl said to him.

Ash laughed at Sora's joke as he got it.

"Snow what I mean!" Ash laughed. "That was a good one!"

"I had to agree with her. That joke was just lame," Misty said.

"But that was an impressive comeback. He knew his Venusaur couldn't dodge that attack, so instead he had it use Razor Leaf to cancel it out. He trained that Venusaur well," Brock said.

"Okay, Venusaur! Use Petal Dance!" Sora ordered. Despite being pelted by hail, Venusaur fired a storm of flower petals right at Dewgong.

"Dewgong! Blizzard!" The girl ordered as the sea lion Pokémon shot a blizzard right at the flower petals. Sora just smirked as she looked at him confused. Ash and his friends were just as confused.

"What's he smiling about?" Misty asked not understanding.

"We're about to wait and see," Ash said.

"Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered as Venusaur fired a barrage of Razor Leaf right at the opposing Dewgong, knocking it out. The cloud of hail vanishes when its owner was down for the count. "Good job, Venusaur!"

"Venusaur!" Venusaur said.

The girl calls Dewgong back inside inside its Pokéball.

"You gave it what you had, Dewgong. You deserve a good long rest," she said pulling out another Pokéball. "I choose you, Tentacruel!" Her Pokéball lets out a Tentacruel.

"Come on back, Venusaur!" Sora said calling Venusaur back inside. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Pidgeotto! Go!" The Pokéball opens as Pidgeotto enters with a flapping his wings upon entry. "Pidgeotto! Gust!" flaps his wings kicking up a powerful wind.

"Tentacruel! Shake it off and use Scald!" The girl ordered as her Tentacruel fired hot water right at the bird Pokémon getting burned.

"Pidgeotto!" Sora and Kairi called out.

"Oh no!" Kairi gasped.

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

"Now fire Sludge bomb!" She ordered as Tentacruel fired a barrage of sludge right at Pidgeotto, knocking him out.

"Pidgeotto! You okay?" Sora asked with concern. Pidgeotto chirped sadly. "Don't apologize to me. You did your best. You should rest up," Sora calls Pidgeotto back inside. He looks over to Pikachu. "You game, Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said getting into the battle.

"So it's a Pikachu, is it? That's pretty much as predictable as sending in a Grass Type Pokémon like your Venusaur," the girl said calling her Tentacruel back. "Now here's my next one! Mareanie! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a purple starfish-like Pokémon with ten blue tentacles at the top with light purple tips at the spikes. It also has yellow eyes, a yellow barb at the top of the head and three teeth with two going down and one tooth going up. Sora pulls out his Pokédex to get info on this Pokémon.

Mareanie, the Brutal Star Pokémon

Type: Poison/Water

It plunges the poison spike on its head into its prey. When the prey has weakened, Mareanie deals the finishing blow with its 10 tentacles. The first symptom of its sting is numbness. The next is an itching sensation so intense that it's impossible to resist the urge to claw at your skin.

"Ooh, I would hate to cross paths with that one," Sora commented. "Pikachu, be careful with that Mareanie!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded.

"What's the matter? Afraid of a little poison?" She taunted.

"Not on your life!" Sora countered.

"Well, then. Mareanie! Use Poison Sting!" She ordered as Mareanie fired Poison Sting right at Pikachu.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out as Pikachu moved to the right making the attack miss. "Now use Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Mareanie, giving it a very good shock. Ash's Pikachu watched Sora's Pikachu closely. He knew first hand he seemed rather strong, but he wondered how strong he was.

"That's the way, Pikachu! Now us Electro Ball!" Sora called out as Pikachu formed a ball of electricity and threw it right at the poisonous Pokémon.

"Block it with Sludge Wave!" The girl called out as Mareanie sends a wave of sludge right at Pikachu, blocking his attack.

"Pikachu, dodge!" Sora called out as Pikachu ran out of the way before Sludge Wave could hit. "Thunderbolt again!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt again, and it hits Mareanie again. Then it started evolving. Sora and Kairi were shocked to watch the evolution. Ash, Misty, and Brock were amazed as well. When it finished evolving, it was now larger and it now has twelve tentacles but it also has a small body.

"What do you have to say about this one, Dexter?" Sora questioned taking out his Pokédex.

Toxapex, the Brutal Star Pokémon

The evolved from of Mareanie

Type: Poison/Water

With its 12 legs, it creates a dome to shelter within. The flow of the tides doesn't affect Toxapex in there, so it's very comfortable. Those attacked by Toxapex's poison will suffer intense pain for three days and three nights. Post-recovery, there will be some aftereffects.

"Now it's even more brutal," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"That Mareanie had just evolved into a Toxapex," Brock said. "He won't find this one to be easy."

"You're right, Brock," Misty agreed. "I wonder if he can take that Toxapex down."

"Well, knowing you, you'd probably would want to battle with one of those; or maybe catch one for yourself," Ash pointed out.

"I guess you're right," Misty said.

"But I think he'll win!" Ash said.

"Can't argue with that. He seems to be stubborn as you are," Misty said.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"Okay, Toxapex! Use Poison Sting!" Toxapex fired Posion Sting right towards Pikachu. Sora saw how stronger the attack looked after evolving.

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered as Pikachu ran to the left before the Poison Sting could hit. "Now fire Electro Ball!" Pikachu formed another ball of electricity right at the poisonous Pokémon. "Finish up with Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu gave Toxapex one last shock. Toxapex stood there for a moment before it fell on the ground.

"Way to go, Sora!" Kairi cheered.

The girl called Toxapex back inside and walked up to Sora.

"Congrats on the victory," the girl said shaking Sora's hand. "I almost had you there."

"Sure did," Sora admitted. "You raised your Pokémon right."

"Thanks. I was going to say the same thing to you," she said letting go of his hand. "Well anyway, sorry to bother you." She took her leave. Once the couple were alone, Kairi walked to Sora smiling.

"Here's a prize for the winner," Kairi said slyly.

"Should I close my eyes for this one?" Sora asked just as slyly.

Kairi gave Sora a kiss on the lips and he returned the kiss to her. Ash, Misty, and Brock watched on as Misty was swooning over the sight.

"Oh, how romantic," Misty said. "Just looking at them is just like a fairytale."

"How did he do it? How can that kid just get a girl like her! I'm so jealous!" Brock said almost pulling out his hair.

Ash didn't understand all about love and romance; he was more interested in Sora's skills as a trainer. Ash wanted to see how good he really is in a battle against him.

The couple and the two Pokémon rejoined their friends just so as Kairi could get dinner started. Sora accessed his Pokédex and exchaned Venusaur, Charizard, and Pidgeotto for Dartrix, Torracat, and Brionne.

"There, the switch is complete. What do you say we get some exercise before we eat dinner, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pika, Pi!" Pikachu nodded.

Sora went back to where he and Kairi were alone by the time, but he was unaware that Ash, was still there. Misty and Brock went off to meet with Red, Blue, and Green, but Ash stayed behind. He removed his black cloak and went up to the spiky-haired Pokémon trainer. Sora figured he would practice his Iron Tail and Electro Ball. He smiled to see their getting better each time.

"Good work, Pikachu. You're getting better every time," Sora said.

"Yeah! That was pretty awesome!" Ash said from behind. Sora turned to Ash smiling at him. "You raised Pikachu well."

"Um, thanks," Sora said. He took a look at Ash's Pikachu. Both Pikachu sniffed each other. Sora's Pikachu just looked at Ash's Pikachu stroking his chin. "You've been here long?"

"I'm just passing by. My name's Ash!" Ash introduced himself.

"I'm Sora. Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town," Sora also introduced himself. Ash was caught off guard to hear Sora say that he has his last name and from the same town. He had to remember Red's word about not giving himself away about where he's from.

"Nice to meet you, Sora," Ash said as he shook his hand.

"You too, Ash," Sora said. Just when Sora was about to ask where Ash came from he spotted Riku, Naminé, and Eevee walking in the woods. "Hey! Riku! Naminé!" Ash turned to see who he was just calling.

"Pikachu!" Sora's Pikachu called out also making Ash's Pikachu turn to them. Both Ash and his Pikachu saw the trainer and Pokémon had the same hairstyle.

"Well, if it isn't Sora," Riku greeted with a smile. "It's been a while."

"I was gonna say the same thing," Sora said shaking his hand.

"How are things between you and Kairi?" Naminé asked. "Did the egg hatch yet?"

"You would have to see it for yourself, Naminé," Sora said.

"It's not like we can't do that anyway," Riku said before he noticed Ash and his Pikachu with him. "So who is that?"

"Huh? Oh right!" Sora realized Ash was still there. "Ash, let me introduce you to a friend of mine. This is Riku and his partner Eevee. And the girl with him is Naminé. Riku, Naminé, let me introduce you to Ash."

Riku just looked at Ash and his Pikachu curiously. Ash didn't want to give himself away to Sora's friend. Eevee went over to Ash's Pikachu and sniffed him.

"Nice to meet you, Riku," Ash said holding out his hand. Riku continued to stare at Ash unsure if he should return the handshake.

"Riku, don't be rude, shake his hand already," Naminé told Riku. He returned the handshake to Ash.

"Nice to meet you too, Ash," Riku said. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Still heading to Cinnabar Island for my next Gym battle. But I'd figure that I'll get a workout before dinner. Wanna join?" Sora offered.

"Sure thing," Riku answered smiling. "How about you, Eevee?"

"Vee!" Eevee said.

"I'm game! I would like to see Kairi and the others again," Naminé said.

"You're not looking for an excuse to see Kairi's first Pokémon are you?" Riku questioned.

"No, I'm not!" Naminé lied. Riku gave her a look crossing his arms with a grin.

"Are you sure? It just seem like it to me," Riku said in a teasing tone. Naminé started blushing and just blurted it out.

"Okay, maybe I am," Naminé admitted.

"Thought so. Is he joing in too?" Riku asked as he pointed to Ash.

"I don't know. What do you say, Ash? Wanna join in for dinner?" Sora offered him.

"Yeah? Really?" Ash drooled at the thought making Sora chuckle.

"Judging by the look on your face, you sound very interested. You're going to love my girlfriend's cooking! One taste and your tastebuds will be in heaven. Belive me, I know," Sora said.

"Well if you're talking about food then I'm in!" Ash accepted the offer.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu agreed.

"Pikachu," Sora's Pikachu just kept looking at Ash's Pikachu.

They joined up with Kairi the Alolan nine and they turned to see the three familiar faces along with one new one.

"Good of you to come, Riku and Naminé," Mallow said smiling.

"Good of you to notice," Riku said to his former classmate.

"So, you're going to introduce the new kid or what?" Hapu asked.

"Hi there you guys! My name is Ash! And this is my Pikachu," Ash introduced.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu said.

"Well, Ash, this is Kairi; my girlfriend," Sora introduced his girlfriend to Ash.

"Good to meet you, Ash," Kairi greeted.

"You too, Kairi," Ash greeted back to her. He noticed the Togepi in her arms. "Is that Togepi yours?"

"He is. And I couldn't have ask for a cuter Pokémon than Togepi!" Kairi cooed at Togepi.

"Pi! Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"That's right, Togepi. You are so very, very cute! Yes you are! Yes you are!" Kairi cooed some more.

"I'd have to agree, Kairi. Such little cutie," Naminé also cooed.

"At least Kairi's nicer than Misty," Ash said in his thoughts.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the forest, Misty just gave a light sneeze feeling like someone was talking about her. And she had a feeling who it was.

"You better not be talking something bad about me, Ash Ketchum!" Misty shouted out loud.

Back to the group, the Alolan nine each introduced themselves.

"Nice to meet you, Ash! I'm Lillie!"

"I am Illima."

"I'm Lana."

"My name's Mallow."

The name's Kiawe."

"I'm Sophocles."

My name's Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

With the introductions out of the way, Kairi and Mallow got started cooking their dinner. As everyone ate, Ash wolfed down the stew made for everyone.

"He has a healthy appetite," Illima said.

"This is really great, Kairi! Sora wasn't kidding when he said it tasted like heaven!" Ash said.

"Thank you, Ash," Kairi said. "Just glad you enjoy my cooking so much.

Ash ate his dinner enjoying every bite. It kinda reminded him of the food Brock cooks up. Ash's Pikachu enjoyed the Pokémon food Kairi had made. Sora's Pikachu looked to Ash and his Pikachu and shook his head at how they're eating.

After dinner, Sora, Riku, and Ash talked with one another. The two Pikachu got along, but Sora's Pikachu was still skeptical, but he didn't want to seem rude. Eevee even joined in with the two Pikachu.

"So Riku isn't it? Where did you come from orginally?" Ash asked the silver-haired boy.

"I came from Iki Town on Mele Mele Island in the Alola region," Riku answered. "Eevee was the first Pokémon I've got from Professor Kukui. Eevee have been through a lot since we met."

"Your Eevee looks awesome," Ash complemented.

"Well he should be; especially with a trainer like Riku," Sora added. "Of course, my Pikachu and I are a real good team."

"Can you tell me how you and your Pikachu met?" Ash asked. "I would like to hear it."

"Well, it's like this," Sora started. "Pikachu and I didn't exactly hit it off right away. For starters, he wouldn't do a thing what I say at first." Ash definitely knew deja vu when he heard it, because it was quite similar to him and his Pikachu. "When I tried to make my very first catch, I accidentally found a Pidgey in a cage." Ash knew that was different.

"Why was it in a cage?" Ash asked.

"It was a trap set by Pokémon hunters," Sora answered making Ash blanch. "They had a flock of Spearow with them and sent them off to attack Pikachu at first. We managed to get away; but that was when we accidentally stumbled on their camp. That was also how I met Kairi."

"How did she get caught by them?" Ash asked shockingly at the tale.

"I can answer that," Kairi said joining the boys sitting down with her Togepi in her arms. "I was out on a nature walk when I found a Caterpie in a cage; the same kind Sora busted out that Pidgey. I couldn't leave the poor thing in there, so I broke the Caterpie put of the cage and they kidnapped me and said they were going to kill me afterwards." Kairi places her hand on Sora's smiling. "But I wouldn't be here now if he didn't come to my rescue."

"And I would be completely lost if I hadn't found you in that sack. And I wouldn't have fallen for you," Sora said sweetly. Sora and Kairi kissed each other right on the lips as Riku rolled his eyes at the sight.

"Oh, man. Here they go again," Riku scoffed. "Get a room, you two!"

"A room for what, exactly?" Ash whispered to Riku. He just sighed and shook his head.

"I envy you so very much, Ash," Riku said. "So blissfully oblivious."

"Oh thanks!" Ash said before he realized what he just said. "Hey!"

Sora and Kairi broke the kiss and held each other so tenderly. Sora turned to Riku.

"How are things between you and Naminé?" Sora asked smugly. Riku's face turned red as a tomato at the question.

"Naminé and I are friends," Riku said still blushing.

"Oh sure you are," Sora teased. Kairi playfully elbows her boyfriend.

"You shouldn't tease Riku like that," Kairi said.

"Thank you," Riku said feeling his blush disappearing.

"But of course he'll never win her heart unless he tells her," Kairi stated making Riku blanch.

"Oh come on, Kairi! Not you too!" Riku exclaimed.

Sora, Kairi, and Ash all laughed right at Riku's face.

"Kairi does have a point there, Riku," Sora said. "It's obvious Naminé is sweet on you when you two met back on Porta Vista when we visited my relatives, right?"

"I just think Naminé is very nice. I mean I like her as a friend; it dosen't make her my girlfriend," Riku said. He looked to Sora and he could tell he wasn't buying it.

"Oh, come on, Riku. You got the sickness. Just admit it," Sora said to Riku.

"Okay, okay! If I tell you, do you promise that you'll stop teasing me about it?" Riku questioned.

"Promise," Sora simply said.

"I do like Naminé; a lot," Riku finally admitted. "I mean more than a friend."

"Why would you like her more than that?" Ash asked.

"Wel, I never thought of meeting a special someone since I started my travel. Meeting trainers and battling them. But from the short time Naminé and I have spent together, I guess it is just more than just friendship," Riku said.

"You're not sure if she feels anything for you, right?" Sora asked as Riku nodded. "You should let her know, Riku."

Riku had to give it some thought since he knew Sora was right. He nodded to confirm he understood what he meant.

"Hey Sora," Ash spoke up. "I was wondering if I could have a battle with you?"

"Okay, Ash. But I should warn you that I'm not going to go easy on you just because we're friends," Sora said.

"I don't want you to," Ash said.

"So how do you wanna do it?" Sora asked his opponent-to-be.

"I'll battle you with all five of mine against five of yours," Ash proposed.

"Okay, you're on," Sora said as he accepted Ash's challenge. Sora and Ash got ready as Kairi, Riku, Naminé, and the Alolan nine gathered around to watch the battle about to start. "You can make the first move, Ash!"

"You've got it!" Ash said as he twists his hat on backwards and threw a Pokéball. "Pidgeotto! I choose you!" Ash's Pokéball opens letting out a Pidgeotto.

"Let's go, Lycanroc!" Sora threw his Pokéball as Lycanroc lets out a howl upon entry.

"Ash is sending out a Pidgeotto out for this one," Kiawe said.

"That puts him at a disadvantage since Lycanroc is a Rock Type," Riku said.

"I don't think he's too concerned about that," Sophocles said.

"Let's see how this turns out," Illima said.

"Pidgeotto! Start with Gust!" Ash ordered as Pidgeotto flapped its wings with a Gust. Lycanroc stood his ground feeling Gust taking a toll.

"Lycanroc! Use Rock Throw!" Sora ordered as Lycanroc fired Rock Throw at the opposing bird Pokémon.

"Dodge it and use Quick Attack!" Ash called out as Pidgeotto avoided the rocks and charged at the wolf Pokémon with its speed attack.

"Move in with Crunch!" Sora called out as Lycanroc jumped towards Pidgeotto. "Now use Crush Claw!" Lycanroc swung at Pidgeotto with his claw.

"Pidgeotto! Return!" Ash called Pidgeotto back before Lycanroc's attack could hit. "Squirtle! I choose you!" He threw his Pokéball letting out a Squirtle.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle said.

"Squirtle! Water Gun attack!" Ash ordered as Squirtle fired Water Gun right at Lycanroc, taking heavy damage because of his Type disadvantage hitting a tree.

"Okay, Lycanroc?" Sora asked his Pokémon. Lycanroc howls in response. "You did great. You should rest up for a while." Sora calls Lycanroc back to his Pokéball. "Not bad, Ash! Okay, Dartrix! Go!" Sora pulls out another Pokéball and threw it to let out Dartrix.

"Squirtle, return!" Ash said calling Squirtle back and pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Pidgeotto! I choose you!" The Pokéball opens and lets out his Pidgeotto again. "Pidgeotto! Use Gust!" Pidgeotto flaps its wing kicking up a wind.

"Two can play this game! Dartrix! You counter with Ominous Wind!" Dartrix flaps as the ghostly wind collides with Pidgeotto's Gust. The two wind attacks blew as the spectators braced themselves.

"Those two are really going at it," Acerola said.

"Sure are. Sora might pull through even when he's at a Type disadvantage with that Pidgeotto. But I know he'll pull through," Kairi said holding Togepi.

"Okay, Pidgeotto! Quick Attack!" Ash ordered as Pidgeotto used its speed attack to hit Dartrix.

"Strike at Pidgeotto with Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered as Dartrix threw leaves right at the bird Pokémon. "Now use Leaf Blade!" Dartrix dove in to swipe right at Pidgeotto. The attack landed a hit before Pidgeotto had a chance to evade. Pidgeotto was down for the count.

"Pidgeotto, return!" Ash said calling Pidgeotto back. "You did awesome, Pidgeotto. You deserve a good rest. That was awesome, Sora! Now here's my next one!" Ash pulled out a Pokéball and threw it. "Bulbasaur! I choose you!" The Pokéball lets out a Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur said.

"You still game, Dartrix?" Sora asked as Dartrix spreads his wings to confirm it. "Great! Now use Peck!" Sora ordered as Dartrix flew in the air and flew right towards Bulbasaur to deliver a peck.

"Bulbasaur, dodge it!" Ash ordered as Bulbasaur ran passed Dartrix. "Now use Razor Leaf!"

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur fired Razor Leaf right at the owl Pokémon.

"You too, Dartrix! Razor Leaf!" Sora called out. Dartrix flapped his wings and threw Razor Leaf right at Bulbasaur's Razor Leaf.

"Now that's a sight to beheld," Illima said.

"It sure it is," Lana said smiling.

"But didn't any of Ash's Pokémon seem similar to Sora's?" Hapu pointed out.

"Well, now that you've mentioned it; Sora did have a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle before evolving," Riku said stroking his chin.

"And that Pidgeotto is just like Sora's in some way," Kairi said.

Kairi, Riku, Naminé, and the Alolan nine all continued to watch the battle closely.

"Use Peck again!" Sora called out as Dartrix dove in to use Peck on Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur! Leech Seed!" Ash ordered as Bulbasaur fired a seed from its bulb. Once it made contact, the sprout sapped at Dartrix's energy. "Alright! Now use Vine Whip!" Bulbasaur whipped right at Dartrix hard. "Now fire Solar Beam!" Bulbasaur started to charge up energy in its bulb. Sora knew how powerful a move Solar Beam is.

"Dartrix! Get away and use Leaf Blade!" Sora called out. Dartix flew in the air to deliver a Leaf Blade right at Ash's Bulbasaur. Just when Dartrix was about to land a hit, Bulbasaur fires Solar Beam right at Dartrix, knocking him out. "Come on back, Dartrix." Sora calls Dartrix back. "Gotta hand it to you, Ash. Your Bulbasaur is a real hard nut to crack."

"Thanks, Sora! Your Dartrix is real cool too!" Ash complemented.

"If you think Dartrix is cool," Sora said as he pulls put Torracat's Pokéball, "then let's turn up the heat! Torracat! Go!" The Pokéball opens as it lets out his Torracat.

"Bulbasaur, return!" Ash calls Bulbasaur back and throws another Pokéball. "Squirtle! I choose you!" Ash's Squirtle enters the battle once more.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle said.

"So Ash is sending Squirtle back out. It'll be hard for Sora and Torracat," Naminé said.

"Eevee," Eevee said.

"That's right. And I think Sora knows that too," Riku said.

"Let's see how he'll manage," Sophocles said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Squirtle! Skull Bash!" Ash ordered as Squirtle lowered its head and launched right at Torracat.

"Torracat! Shadow Claw!" Sora ordered as Torracat swiped right at Squirtle. "Now use Fire Fang!" Torracat runs towards Squirtle with his fangs burning.

"Squirtle! Dodge it and use Water Gun!" Ash ordered his Squirtle firing Water Gun right at the fire cat Pokémon. "Great! Water Gun again!" Squirtle fired Water Gun right at Torracat.

"Torracat is one cat too stubborn to be put out! Flamethrower at full power!" Sora called out as Torracat fired a powerful Flamethrower right at the Water Gun. When the two attacks collided, it created steam all around them. "Torracat, sense where Squirtle is and attack with Shadow Claw!" Torracat waited for the right moment to strike. He could hear Squirtle breathing. Once Torracat got where Squirtle was, he jumped out like a tiger right at a water buffalo and swiped right at Squirtle with Shadow Claw. Squirtle was down and out.

"Squirtle, return!" Ash calls Squirtle back and pulls out another Pokéball "Charizard! I choose you!" The Pokéball opens as it lets out his Charzard. "Charizard! Use Flamethrower!" Ash ordered Charizard, but it just lays on the side not doing anything. Sora's friends were pretty confused by the sight.

"What's the deal with that Charizard?" Kiawe asked.

"Could it be that Chrizard is just lazy?" Mallow asked.

"Either that, or it's poorly trained," Riku said looking at the flame Pokémon.

"Augh! Not again! When you were a little Charmander, you used to do what I tell you!" Ash said as Charizard just used Flamethrower on its trainer. Kairi and the Alolan nine were definitely familiar with that form of affection. Sora's Charizard does the same thing, only difference is his Charizard actually listens to him.

Sora also saw this before. He remembered when his Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle evolved all at once when he battled Tai. His Charmeleon used Flamethrower right on Sora after the battle and so on. And when Charmeleon evolved, Charizard used Flamethrower right on Sora when he was in Aerodactyl's grip.

Torracat looked at the larger Pokémon and swiped a claw right on Charizard's belly. This causes Charizard to roar out in pain as it glares right at Torracat. The fire cat Pokémon hisses right at Charizard. Charizard fires Flamethrower right at Torracat.

"Torracat, dodge!" Sora called out as Torracat moves before the attack could hit. "Shadow Claw!" Torracat's claw swipes right at Ash's Charizard hard. "Now use Fire Fang!" Torracat leapt towards Charizard as it took flight.

"That's the way, Charizard!" Ash called out.

"Torracat, climb up that tree and jump on Charizard's back!" Sora ordered as Torracat did exactly that. Torracat leapt onto Charizard's back. "Yee-haw! Ride on, Torracat!"

"Charizard! Shake it off your back!" Ash called out. Charizard tried to shake Torracat off its back.

"Fire Fang!" Sora called out as Torracat gave a blazing bite on Charizard's neck. Torracat jumps off with Charizard ticked at the fire cat Pokémon.

"Charizard, Flamethrower!" Ash called out to Charizard using Flamethrower. Torracat didn't have enough time to dodge.

"Torracat!" Sora called put.

"It looks like the end!" Lana said.

"Yeah! Things are starting to cook in Ash's favor," Riku said.

"Everyone, look!" Lillie called out pointing to Torracat.

"Huh?!" Everyone exclaimed.

Torracat began mewling as he began evolving. Sora and his friends were amazed at the sight.

"Lillie was right! Torracat is evolving!" Kiawe said.

Riku definitely saw this when he battled Faba rescuing Lillie. Torracat was now an Incineroar. Incineroar gave out a loud roar after evolving.

"WHOA!" Sora and Ash both exclaimed at once.

"Pika!" Both Pikachu also exclaimed.

"You evolved! You're now an Incineroar!" Sora beamed with excitement.

"That was awesome, Sora! Your Torracat evolved when it was caught in that Flamethrower! Let's see how strong it is after evolving!" Ash said to Sora.

"You've read my mind, Ash!" Sora said smiling. He remembered how powerful Riku's Incineroar was when he battled him. Now that his Torracat had evolved, he wanted to see first hand how powerful he is. And he knew what move to use.

"Okay, Charizard! Dragon Rage!" Ash ordered as Charizard fired Dragon Rage right at Incineroar.

"Darkest Lariat!" Sora ordered as Incineroar's hands emitted a purple aura and performed a lariat on Charizard's attack. "Now use Shadow Claw!" Incineroar stopped using Darkest Lariat and charged at Charizard to give it a powerful shadowy swipe. Charizard flew in the air only to avoid the move.

"Charizard! Flamethrower!" Ash called out as Charizard fired Flamethrower right at Incineroar.

"Incineroar! You use Flamethrower too!" Incineroar performed Flamethrower from his fiery belt and the the two attacks collided. "Now use Fire Fang!" Incineroar charged at Charizard with his jaws blazing with flames.

"Charizard! Grab onto Incineroar!" Ash ordered as Charizard grabbed Incineroar and took him in the air. "Now use Seismic Toss!" Charizard flew in circles making Incineroar dizzy. Charizard gave the fully evolved Pokémon a powerful throw towards the ground.

"Incineroar! Flamethrower, full power!" Sora called put as Incineroar turns in the air and fired Flamethrower right at Charizard, bring it down. Both Pokémon falls to the ground taking heavy damage. Incineroar and Charizard gave off powerful roars before fell to the ground exhausted. "Incineroar!"

"Charizard!" Ash called out as he ran towards his fallen Pokémon as Sora did for his. "You okay?"

"You did great, Incineroar," Sora said helping Incineroar on his feet. "You gave it your all out there." Sora calls Incineroar back inside his Pokéball. "You deserve a good long rest."

"Charizard, return," Ash called Charizard back inside.

"That was so epic!" Mina said.

"No kidding!" Mallow said amazed.

"Ash now has one left while Sora still has two to use," Illima said. Ash looked to Pikachu.

"You ready, Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu nodded. It went to the battlefield ready for a battle. Sora pulls out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Brionne! Go for it!" Sora's Pokéball opens as it lets out Brionne.

"Oh yeah! A Water Type! I've got this in the bag! Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Ash ordered.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu ran towards Brionne.

"Brionne! Bubble Beam!" Sora ordered as Brionne fired Bubble Beam right at Ash's Pikachu. "Now fire Ice Beam!" Brionne fired Ice Beam right at Pikachu hoping to make a hit.

"Pikachu, dodge it and use Agility!" Ash called out to his Pikachu. His partner ran across the battle. Ash's Pikachu dodges as Brionne fires Ice Beam.

"Aqua Jet!" Sora called out. Brionne formed water around herself and fired herself at the opposing Pikachu.

"Cha!" Ash's Pikachu said, taking the hit.

"Pikachu! Use Thunder!" Ash called out as Pikachu unleashed a powerful electric attack right at Brionne. The attack was so powerful, Brionne just couldn't take it. She falls to her side beaten.

"Brionne!" Sora exclaimed. Sora looked to Ash's Pikachu and saw strong it is. He calls Brionne back inside and looks to his Pikachu. "It's all up to you!"

"Pikachu!" Sora's Pikachu entered the battle and both had sparks flying.

"Pika," Ash's Pikachu said looking to Sora's Pikachu.

"Pikachu," Sora's Pikachu said looking to Ash's Pikachu. Both Pikachu stared at each other like it was a standoff.

"Here's a sight I never thought I would see; Pikachu vs Pikachu," Kairi said.

"So far Ash has Pokémon that seem similar to Sora's," Illima pointed out. "And that Pikachu is no exception."

"I saw the similarities too," Riku said. "Just who is this kid?"

"Okay, Ash. Give me what you've got," Sora said.

"You do the same thing, Sora," Ash also said.

Both Pokémon trainers and their Pikachu continued to stare at each other ready to give it what they got.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Both Sora and Ash ordered as their Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at each other. Both Pikachu gave it what they got with their attack. Both had ceased fire.

"Quick Attack!" Sora and Ash ordered as they ran into each other. Kairi, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, and the Alolan nine saw the sparks fly in the battle.

"Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!" Ash ordered his Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Sora's Pikachu.

"Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered his Pikachu as he dodged the attack. "Fire your Electro Ball!"

"Pika!" Sora's Pikachu formed a ball of electricity from his tail and hurled it right at Ash's Pikachu.

"Dodge with Agility!" Ash ordered as his Pikachu used his speed attack to dodge the Electro Ball. "Now use Quick Attack!" Ash's Pikachu ran towards Sora's Pikachu with such speed.

"Jump and use Iron Tail!" Sora called out as his Pikachu swung his tail giving a metallic glow. His Iron Tail lands a strong hit on Ash's Pikachu. "Now use Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Sora's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Ash's Pikachu landing a hit.

"Pikachu! Thunder!" Ash ordered as his Pikachu fired Thunder right towards Sora's Pikachu.

"Dodge it, quickly!" Sora called out as his Pikachu moved before the attack could hit. "Quick Attack!" Sora's Pikachu ran towards the otherworldly Pikachu with mean speed.

"You too, Quick Attack!" Ash called out as both Pikachu rammed into each other. Both Pikachu were starting to get tired from their battle. They panted as they stared into each other.

"You're not half bad!" - Ash's Pikachu subtitle.

"I could say the same about you. You can call it quits if this is starting to become too much for you." - Sora's Pikachu subtitle.

"Just like Ash says, it's not over until it's over." - Ash's Pikachu subtitle.

"I'm glad you feel that way. Sora would say the exact same thing." - Sora's Pikachu subtitle.

Pikachu nodded as they grinned. Sora and Ash shared the same grin to each other.

"Sparks are really flying in this battle," Sophocles said.

"This match could go either way by the way this looks," Kiawe said.

"It sure can," Lana agreed.

"Sora's Pikachu is going to win this," Kairi said confidently. "Sora isn't easy to beat."

"I agree with you on that," Riku said. "He gave it his all when he battled me. Isn't that right, Eevee?"

"Eevee," Eevee nodded in agreement.

"Let's wrap this up! Pikachu! One last Thunderbolt!" Ash called out as his Pikachu fired Thunderbolt towards Sora's Pikachu.

"You use Thunderbolt too!" Sora called out to his Pikachu. Both attacks collided with each other, not one was backing off. Their attacks were evenly matched, not one taking advantage of the other.

"FULL POWER!" Sora and Ash shouted as both Pikachu increased their power. They turned up until it resulted into an explosion. The spectators braced themselves while Sora and Ash stood their ground. Once the smoke cleared, they saw both Pikachu on the ground exhausted from overusing their power. "Pikachu!" Both Sora and Ash ran to their partners picking them up.

"You okay, Pikachu?" Sora asked concerned for his friend.

"Pikachu," Sora's Pikachu weakly said as he nodded.

"You gave it everything you've got, buddy! I'm proud of you for that," Sora said smiling.

Ash and his Pikachu saw how their relationship was similar to their own.

"You battled awesomely, Pikachu," Ash said to his Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu chirped.

"The bond between those two just as strong as ever," Ash said smiling. His Pikachu climbed on his head as Ash walked over to Sora smiling. "Hey Sora! That was an awesome battle! You're one the most toughest trainers I faced. You didn't give up until it was over."

"Thanks, Ash! That means a lot coming from you," Sora said shaking his hand. "But I felt a buzz between us when we battled. It felt right for a reason."

"Really?" Ash asked as Sora nodded. "I've felt it too. You and your Pokémon are pretty cool, Sora."

"I hoped you enjoyed our battle, because I sure did," Sora said.

"I had some fun with it just the same as you," Ash said giving Sora a fist bump. "Well I should get going. But I wish you luck in your Gym battle, Sora."

"Thanks Ash," Sora said. "But I don't I'm going to need it since I've got my friends and girlfriend to back me up with moral support." Ash smiled knowing Sora has such good friends.

"That's good to hear," Ash said. "See ya!" Ash took off waving to Sora and his friends. They did the same thing. In the excitement, Sora never got to find out where Ash came from, but it didn't matter at the moment.

Once Ash and his Pikachu were completely alone, Ash put his black cloak back on and went off to rejoin Red, Blue, Green, Misty, and Brock hoping they found Salnius yet.

Meanwhile, in cave elsewhere, a flail looking man along with an average sized man sits on a rock panting.

"I'm still not strong enough yet," the flail man said panting. "Battling those trainers with the Shadow Pokémon has drained more than I anticipated. Any chance they would follow us here, Jout?"

"I fear I would have to say, Lord Salnius," Jout answered. "But I had warned you what would happen if you rely too heavily on the Shadow Pokémon. Using them only shortens your life from each use."

"I know what could happen, you damn fool! I am not an imbecile like you!" Salnius snapped at Jout. "The Shadow Empire would have succeeded in having those two worlds if those brats hadn't interfered with us!"

"I know, my lord. But the one silver lining is you defeated one of them," Jout said.

"Yes. But I should have destroyed him when I had a chance!" Salnius said. "Now go and keep an eye for those Pokémon trainers and make sure they do not learn of our current location!"

"Of course, my lord," Jout obeyed taking his bow. "Long live the Shadow King."

Jout took his leave to obey his master's orders. Salnius sat in his spot breathing heavily.

"Just you wait, young Red. You and your meddlesome friends will pay for your interference," Salnius said darkly. "And when we meet again, I will kill you all!"

The face of the enemy has been revealed. How long will it take before he is at full power and what did he mean by using Shadow Pokémon making him weaker from every use? Just wait and find out.