Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Sora vs Red ( Chapter 58 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 58: Sora vs Red

Red, Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock explained to the group about who they really are and where they all came from. Ash revealed to Sora that Ketchum is his last name and Delia is his mother in his world; also how the Brock from that world is a Pokémon Breeder and Misty isn't Gym Leader there either. And they explained that they came to stop a man named Salnius from the evil Shadow Empire who plans of conquering their worlds. Sora and his friends all sat there taking it all in. Sora had finally spoke up.

"Now let me get this straight. You're telling me that you all came from other worlds just stop some guy you happen to chase through the multiverse from taking over not only this world, but two other worlds by something called the Shadow Empire. And they fact Ash has the same last name as me and his mom is my mom in that world," Sora said not taking his eyes off of them.

"Um, yes?" Green responded.

"Uh-huh," Misty also responded.

"That's pretty much the sum of it," Brock said.

"And if you're thinking this is crazy, then you would be right. I even think it's crazy," Blue said.

Sora looked over to Ash not getting over hearing about his mom being the same person, but from a different world. He then looked over to his Pikachu.

"Anything else you wanna share with me, Ash?" Sora asked.

"Not really. And Sorry for not telling you everything, but Red just told us not to draw any attention to anyone," Ash said.

"Well, anyway who and what is the Shadow Empire?" Kiawe asked.

"And what do they want from us?" Lillie asked.

Red took a deep breath as he began explaining, "As you already know; our two worlds are very much like yours but different from other ways. The Shadow Empire is a kingdom from a world like ours, but it is ruled by an evil tyrant known as King Grevil. Like our worlds, they use Pokémon to battle one another, but they create Pokémon from their own shadows. They are known as Shadow Pokémon."

"Pokémon made from pure shadows," Illima stroked his chin. "I have never heard such a thing."

"It sounds like something you would hear in a ghost story," Acerola said.

"Or an idea from a comic book," Sophocles added.

"Why would they want to conquer our worlds, anyway?" Kairi asked.

"The Shadow Empire had all ready took over their world completely, so he set his sights on our worlds and yours," Brock said.

"We couldn't let them do that because we wanted to protect our home from those guys," Misty added.

"Togepi," Misty's Togepi chirped.

"They sound like bad news," Mallow said.

"Just how powerful are these Shadow Pokémon?" Hapu asked.

"Pretty powerful as I found out," Blue said. "I challenged Salnius to a battle and I got creamed pretty bad."

"Because you assumed you could beat him on your own!" Green stated. "You're lucky he didn't use his Shadow Pokémon to kill you completely!"

"Whatever! But he still ran away like the coward that he is!" Blue scoffed. He looked over to Sora looking at him for a reason. "Look, Sora is it? I know what you're thinking. I look just like that Gary kid, right?" Sora just nodded. "Well it would be flattering, but if he didn't have those cheerleaders with him it would be less embarrassing on my part."

"At least your head isn't as big as Gary's," Sora joked.

"Pikachu," Sora's Pikachu nodded. Sora turned to Red. "Anyway, Red. You helped us by distracting us with your Raichu just to help my Pikachu, right?"

"That's right, Sora. You worked hard with your Pokémon so I wanted to help you out anyway I can. I heard about what you did for Kairi when Ash told me about the battle you two shared," Red said.

"And by the way he described you, you seemed even more stubborn than I thought," Misty said. "But you also think things through better than Ash, anyway."

"I'm right here, Misty!" Ash exclaimed.

"Also, Sora is a bit more like Red anyway," Green said.

"I have a question for you guys," Sophocles spoke up. "What's with the black coats you guys are wearing?"

"I got these from a universe I chased Salnius in at one point. The idea is to hide our identities from him and the Shadow Empire," Red explained.

"That makes sense, I guess," Sophocles said as Mina nodded.

"But how did he or any of you get here?" Lana asked.

"Salnius used some dark magic to travel around; and we have a device to get us here," Blue explained.

Red showed Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine the device Blue was telling them about. It shaped like a crossbow with numerous buttons.

"I've watched enough scifi flicks to see where this thing came from," Sophocles said.

"When we came here we got started looking for Salnius. And so far we had no luck in finding him," Red sighed.

"Say Red. Since I know the fact Ash is kinda like me in his world; but what about you?" Sora asked.

"In my world, I became Champion of the Pokémon League," Red answered. "I collected all eight Gym Badges and took on the Elite Four."

"But not before I became the Champion," Blue gloated.

"The title you had before Red mopped the floor with you!" Ash said laughing.

"Aw shut up," Blue pouted.

Sora and Kairi laughed knowing how Gary would feel if he met Blue.

"Well, Champion or not, I think I like you even more than Gary," Sora said.

"Ash said pretty much the same thing," Brock said.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine shared a laugh about that fact since it wasn't a bit surprising to any of them; Sora especially.

"So why are you telling us this?" Hapu asked.

"When Ash and I crossed paths with you; it felt like we had some sort of connection. I really don't know how to explain it, but that's how I'm seeing it," Red said.

"And where are you getting at?" Sora asked the otherworldly Pokémon trainer.

"Since your battle with Ash; I wanted to battle you myself," Red said. "So I challenge you to a battle."

Kairi and the Alolan nine all looked at Sora who looked at Red as he stood up and walked over to Red.

"I'll take take you on that offer, Red. Just don't hold anything back," Sora accepted his challenge.

Red nodded as he shook Sora's hand. He took a moment to take off his black cloak and he shows he's wearing an outfit similar to Ash's, but most of his clothes are red and he wears a red cap with a white Pokéball half.

"Give me everything you've got, Sora!" Red said to his opponent holding out a Pokéball. "My first Pokémon will be Pidgeot!" Red threw his Pokéball letting out a bird Pokémon quite similar to Pidgeotto but larger and now has long yellow plumage and at the sides. Sora took out his Pokédex for this bird.

Pidgeot, the Bird Pokémon

The evolved form of Pidgeotto

Type: Normal/Flying

This Pokémon has a dazzling plumage of beautifully glossy feathers. Many Trainers are captivated by the striking beauty of the feathers on its head, compelling them to choose Pidgeot as their Pokémon.

"A Pidgeot, huh? I know which one to use for this one," Sora said looking to Pikachu. "You ready Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded. Pikachu runs into the battle ready to face Pidgey's fully evolved form.

"That's expected of him; sending in Pikachu against Red's Pidgeot," Blue said.

"Pikachu definitely has the advantage since it's an Electric Type Pokémon," Ash said.

"True, but Type alone isn't going to win this battle," Illima said.

"Sora will win. He has to win," Kairi said holding her Togepi tight in her arms.

"Togepi," Kairi's Togepi chirped.

"So it's a Pikachu against my Pidgeot. Figired you would try that. My Pidgeot isn't afraid of a little electricity," Red said. "Pidgeot! Air Slash! Pidgeot flapped its wings and lets out Air Slash right at Pikachu.

"Pikachu, dodge it!" Sora called out as Pidgeot's attack missed. "Now use Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at the bird Pokémon shocking it well. "Now use Iron Tail!" Pikachu swung his tail right at Pidgeot.

"You're better than I thought," Red said impressed. "But will it'll take more than that to take my Pidgeot down." Red adjusted his hat. "Pidgeot! Brave Bird!" Pidgeot's body became surronded by by a red-orange bird shaped aura and heads towards Pikachu with ferocious power.

"Pikachu! Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Sora called out as Pikachu used his speed attack making the bird Pokémon miss the attack "Now fire Electro Ball!" Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and sends it to Pidgeot. The attack hits paralyzing Pidgeot. Pidgeot took out a cherry-shaped berry and ate it. When Pidgeot swallowed it, the paralysis went away.

"Was that a Cheri Berry that Pidgeot ate?" Kiawe asked.

"It was. It heals paralysis to any Pokémon holding it or when fed," Brock said.

"Looks like Sora got his break just this once," Lana said.

"Pidgeot! Mirror Move!" Red ordered as Pidgeot copied Electro Ball just by flapping its wings and sends it back to Pikachu. The attack makes contact as Pikachu is sent back. Sora could see why Red is the Pokémon Champion in his world by the way he handled his Pidgeot; Sora had to think of an idea on how to turn the battle into his favor fast. "Okay Pidgeot! Use Sky Attack!" Pidgeot's body began glowing white as Pidgeot prepares for an attack. Sora started smiling as he knew Red had just given him an edge.

Everyone waited with anticipation for Pidgeot to launch its attack. Once that was done, Pidgeot dove at Pikachu like a rocket.

"Pikachu, don't move!" Sora called out to Pikachu. Everyone couldn't make out what Sora was planning with that.

"What is he thinking?" Ash questioned.

"I don't know. He could have ordered Pikachu to move to make the attack," Green said.

"Maybe he's just throwing the battle," Blue guessed.

"No he's not," Kairi said. "Sora never throws a battle on purpose! He has an idea! I can see it."

"I agree. I wonder what he has instore for Red's Pidgeot," Illima said.

"We'll have to wait and see," Lillie said.

Pikachu stood there while Pidgeot came until the last minute. By that time, Pikachu jumped onto Pidgeot's back.

"Pidgeot! Shake it off!" Red called to Pidgeot. The bird Pokémon flew around to get Pikachu to fall off, but he just kept holding on.

"Great Pikachu! Just keep hanging on!" Sora called out to Pikachu. "Now use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu gave Pidgeot a shock of a lifetime and started to fall. "Now use Iron Tail to finish it!" Pikachu spinned into a circle before he started to swing at Pidgeot with a full powered Iron Tail. When Pikachu's tail made contact, Pidgeot started falling like a meteor and hit the ground causing extra damage. Pidgeot was down for the count.

"Come back, Pidgeot!" Red said calling Pidgeot back. "That was very good, Sora! Now get ready for this one! Go, Victreebel!" Red threw his next Pokéball letting out a Victreebel.

"So Red is sending out a Grass Type Pokémon against Pikachu. Smart move since electric attacks won't do much damage," Brock said.

"Yeah. But Sora can go around that," Acerola said as Mina nodded.

"Okay Pikachu, come on back," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded coming back to Sora's side. He rubbed the back of Pikachu's head.

"Great job, buddy," Sora complemented. "Now here's my next one! Arcanine! Go!" Sora threw his Safari Ball and lets out Arcanine letting out a mighty cry.

"A Fire Type against Victreebel," Misty said. "Looks like Sora did his homework; unlike someone I know."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Ash exclaimed.

"Well knowing you, you just rush in without thinking," Misty said.

"I do not!" Ash defended.

"Yes you do!" Misty said.

Ash, "Do not!"

Misty, "Do too!"

"Why don't you both just shut up?!" Blue said annoyed. "You two are such children!"

Kairi just looked over to Misty and saw different she is from the Misty she met back at Cerulean City. She even looked over Brock and wondered if he's the same as his counterpart in her world's Pewter City.

"Victreebel! Razor Leaf!" Red ordered as Victreebel fired Razor Leaf right at Arcanine.

"Arcanine, Flamethrower!" Sora ordered as Arcanine fired right through Victreebel's Razor Leaf and hit the flycatcher Pokémon right the spot. "Now use Flame Charge!" Arcanine stomped his front legs and charged right at Victreebel. The plant-like Pokémon didn't have time to react as Arcanine landed a Super-effective hit knocking out Victreebel.

Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock were amazed by how Sora's Arcanine knocked out Red's Victreebel with a strong attack. Kairi, and the Alolan nine were amazed how Arcanine's attacks became powerful after evolving. Red calls his Victreebel back inside his Pokéball and pulls out another.

"That was great, Sora! Now here's my next one! Poliwrath! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a powerful Poliwrath. Poliwrath flexes upon entry.

"Okay, Arcanine, come on back," Sora calls Arcanine back and pulls out a regular Pokéball and threw it. "Primarina! Go!" The Pokéball opens as it lets out the soloist Pokémon. Misty's eyes sparkled at the sight of Sora's Pokémon.

"Oh my gosh! Such a beautiful Pokémon! I want one of those!" Misty said.

"Toge, Togepi," Misty's Togepi chirped.

"Sora's Brionne must have evolved since our last battle," Ash said.

"Primarina has the edge against that Poliwrath since she's also a Fairy Type," Hapu said.

"That can be true on Sora's part; but that Poliwrath dosen't look easily intimidated," Illima said.

"It sure dosen't," Sophocles said.

"You can have the first move, Sora," Red said to his opponent.

"Thanks for the edge! Primarina! Sparkling Aria!" Sora ordered as Primarina sends Sparkling Aria right at Poliwrath.

"Poliwrath, dodge it!" Red called out as Poliwrath jumps out of the way before the attack could hit. "Now use Body Slam!" Poliwrath dove down right at Primarina.

"Now fire Ice Beam!" Primarina fired Ice Beam only to make Poliwrath dodge the attack.

"Now use Poison Jab!" Poliwrath fires its fist right at Primarina causing heavy damage. "Now finish up with Seismic Toss!" Poliwrath grabs Primarina and gave Primarina a good throw on the ground knocking her out. Sora was shocked by Primarina's loss. He calls Primarina back to her Pokéball and pulls out another one.

"Okay, Dartrix! Go!" Sora lets out his Dartrix as he threw his Pokéball. "Start up with Razor Leaf!" Dartrix fired Razor Leaf right at Poliwrath.

"Poliwrath, dodge!" Red called out as Poliwrath dodged the attack. "Now use Poison Jab!" Poliwrath launched Poison Jab right at Dartrix, hitting him good. Dartrix was hit pretty hard. Dartrix started tto evolve. Sora's friends were amazed at Dartrix's evolving. The otherworldly Pokémon trainers were also amazed. Dartrix was now a Decidueye.

"Wow! Decidueye! You evolved!" Sora exclaimed in excitement. "So that you don't any ideas about withdrawing Poliwrath; Spirit Shackle!" Decidueye took out an arrow from his wing and fired right at Poliwrath. Blue-fire like energy hits Poliwrath.

"Oh no!" Red gasped as he couldn't call Poliwrath back inside. "Now combine Razor Leaf with Ominous Wind!" Decidueye flapped his wings as the two attacks combined and gave the tadpole Pokémon such heavy damage. Poliwrath was knocked out. "Come back, Poliwrath." Red called Poliwrath back. "Gotta admit, Sora. Your Dartrix evolving took me by surprise. So here's what's next; Snorlax! Go!" He threw an Ultra Ball letting out his Snorlax. Sora called back Decidueye and pulled out another Pokéball and threw it.

"Incineroar! Go!" As the Pokéball opens, Incineroar lets out a mighty roar upon entery.

"Snorlax! Use Earthquake!" Red as Snorlax stomps on the ground.

"Dodge and use Fire Fang!" Incineroar jumps in the air and bites on Snorlax's arm with his jaws emitting fire. "Now hit it with Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar's hands emitted yellow-orange fire and performs Darkest Lariat on Snorlax.

"Snorlax! Use Hyper Beam!" Red ordered as Snorlax fires a powerful beam right at Incineroar.

"Use Flamethrower!" Sora ordered as Incineroar fires Flamethrower from his belt. The two attacks collides with one another. The clash results into an explosion knocking both Pokémon out. Red and Sora calls their fallen Pokémon back. "I can easily see why you're the champ back home, Red."

"I worked hard and battled honorably. And I can easily see you're doing the same," Red said pulling out another Pokéball. "Now go, Raichu!" Red threw his Pokéball letting out a Raichu.

"Okay, Decidueye! Back to action!" Sora threw his Pokéball and it lets out his Decidueye. "Use Spirit Shackle!" Decidueye fired an arrow and it lets out a blue fire-like energy. "Come at Raichu with Leaf Blade!" Decidueye charges at Raichu with his wing glowing emerald green.

"Dodge it and use Volt Tackle!" Red ordered as Raichu charges at Decidueye with an electrifying tackle. Once the attack landed a hit, Decidueye became paralyzed. Raichu got hit with a recoil.

"That can't be good!" Sora exclaimed.

"Now use use Thunder!" Red called out as Raichu let out a powerful bolt of lightning right at Decidueye. "Finish it with Thunder Punch!" Raichu landed one last punch on the owl Pokémon knocking him out. Kairi and the Alolan nine were amazed by Red's performance as a Pokémon trainer. Sora calls Decidueye back and pulls out his Safari Ball.

"Back to action, Arcanine!" Sora said as he threw it. "Okay Arcanine! Flame Charge!" Arcanine charged right at Raichu with his body covered in flames.

"Use Volt Tackle!" Red ordered as Raichu charged at Arcanine with his electric tackle. The two attacks creates an explosion making them both skid back. "Now use Thunder Punch!"

"Fire Fang!" Sora called out. Arcanine charged at Raichu while Raichu did the same with Arcanine. Arcanine got a bite on Raichu's tail and Raichu landed a punch on Arcanine. "Extreme Speed!" Arcanine landed a strong speed attack not giving Pikachu's evolved form enough time to react. Raichu rolls back and quickly gets back up. Both Pokémon started panting due to the amount of attacks they were using. "Fire Fang again!"

"Thunder Punch again!" Red called out as the two Pokémon collided with each other. It resulted in an explosion. Ash, Misty, Brock, Blue, Green, Kairi, and the Alolan nine waited for the smoke to clear. They saw both of their Pokémon knocked out, so Sora and Red called them back.

"That was amazing. This battle has gotten so intense!" Lana said.

"It sure did," Ash said. "Both of them is giving it their all."

"Yeah, Red has one Pokémon left while Sora still has two," Blue said. "I can admit I had underestimated Sora."

"I knew he had potential when I first saw him," Green said. Red took out his last Pokéball and nodded.

"You know I can always count on you. Go! Charizard!" Red threw his Pokéball letting out his Charizard.

"Charizard, huh? I've got just the Pokémon for that! Wartortle! Go!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball letting out his Wartortle. "Aqua Tail!" Wartortle swung at Charizard with his aquatic tail.

"Dodge and use Mega Punch!" Red ordered as Charizard stepped out of the way before the attack landed. Charizard gave Wartortle a powerful punch on the side. "Now use Fire Blast!" Charizard fired Fire Blast right at Sora's Wartortle.

"Wartortle! Dodge with Aqua Jet!" Sora called out to Wartortle, but it was too late. The attack landed and it knocked out Wartortle. "Return, Wartortle!" Sora calls Wartortle back to his Pokéball.

Both trainers had one Pokémon each; Red had his Charizard while Sora has his Pikachu. Pokémon and trainers look into each other like two cowboys in the old west waiting for one to make a move.

The group watched on as they could see sparks fly just like when Sora and Ash battled with each other. Both trainers started to let out a little sweat. Ash's Pikachu even watched hoping for Sora's Pikachu to win; Ash's Pikachu had respected Sora's Pikachu from the battle.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora called out as Pikachu hurled a ball of electricity right at Charizard.

"Dodge and use Mega Punch!" Red called out as Charizard launched a Mega Punch to hit Pikachu.

"Pikachu dodge it!" Sora called out as Charizard's punch had missed. Charizard tries again and again, but it didn't land a hit due to Pikachu's speed.

"Use Mega Kick!" Red called out as Charizard threw a pretty powerful kick, hitting Pikachu hard. Charizard then became paralyzed due to Pikachu's Static ability.

"Things are starting to heat up," Kiawe said.

"I think you're right, Kiawe. Pikachu does the advantage since Charizard is a Flying Type; but I wouldn't count out Charizard's power just yet," Brock said.

"I sure wouldn't. He took out my Blastoise with his Charizard," Blue remembered. "I guess you can say I can expect no less from Red since his Charmander was his first Pokémon."

"Charizard! Flamethrower!" Red called out as Charizard fired Flamethrower right at Pikachu.

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" Sora called out as Charizard's attack had missed. Charizard tried again, but missed due to Pikachu's speed. "Now use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu fired right at Charizard giving the flame Pokémon some heavy damage.

"Mega Kick!" Red called out as Charizard tried to give Pikachu a good kick.

"Dodge and use Iron Tail!" Sora called out as Pikachu jumped onto Charizard's leg and gave it a hit on the head.

"Use Fire Blast!" Red called out as Charizard fired its Fire Blast attack. The attack was coming fast, so Pikachu didn't have time to think; but as luck would have it, he remembered a trick he used against Lt. Surge's Raichu. So he jumped using his tail as an extra boost.

Pikachu flipped over the Fire Blast and landed right on Charizard's face. Charizard tries to shake Pikachu off, but he just kept holding on. Kairi then started to smile at the sight. Ash was doing the same thing.

"That's great, Pikachu! Now give it a very good Thunderbolt attack!" Sora ordered as Pikachu gave Charizard an epic electrical shock causing it to scream. Pikachu jumps off and land on his feet. Pikachu and Charizard looked at each other panting. Ash, Misty, Brock, Blue, Green, Kairi, and the Alolan nine wondered if they could keep going or they would both fall in exhaustion. They knew it could go either way for them. Charizard gave Pikachu a grin before it falls to the ground.

"Charizard!" Red exclaimed running to his partner. "Are you okay?" Charizard gave its trainer a nod. "That's good to know. You gave it everything you had! And the same for the rest of the team." Red pulls out his Pokéball and calls Charizard back inside. "You should rest up. You've earned it."

"I don't believe what I had just seen!" Blue gasped. "The Pokémon League Champion from our world had just lost!"

"I can't either, Blue. But, I have to admit it was an intense battle," Green said.

"Told you he was an awesome trainer," Ash said.

"You should did. I can tell you had a great time watching those two go at it," Misty said.

"I think we all did," Brock added.

"Well it's not a surprise to me, anyway," Kairi said. "Even if Sora had lost, he will still be number one to me." With the battle over, Red walks over to Sora and shook his hand.

"That was an awesome battle, Sora. You reminded me of myself when I was just starting out," Red said. "I gotta admit, I had a blast battling you."

"Thanks Red. I had fun battling you too," Sora said with a smile.

"Say Sora. You don't mind if I have a look at your Pokédex, do you?" Red asked making Sora confused.

"I don't mind, why?" Sora questioned taking out his Pokédex.

"Just wanna try something," Red said when Sora handed him his Pokédex. Red made a few modifications to his Pokédex and hands it back to him. "There. Here you go."

"What did you do?" Sora asked curiously.

"I just added some data into your Pokédex. It'll have intel on some Pokémon not listed in the database," Red explained. "Try looking up a couple on it. There's also one that's not listed in the Pokédex in this world."

"Um, thanks?" Sora said letting it sink in. A few minutes later, Red had put his black cloak back on as he and the other otherworldly Pokémon trainers continued their search for Salnius. Sora and his friends came to see them off. "You guys sure you don't want to stick around for dinner? Kairi is a very gifted cook." Kairi blused at the complement.

"It's kind of you to offer, but we should get going. It will only be a matter of time before Salnius makes contact with the Shadow Empire to invade," Red said.

"Is there anyway we can help?" Sora asked.

"No, Sora. It's too dangerous. You need to leave this to us," Red said. "We told you too much anyway."

"I guess you're right. Just give that guy and his empire what for when you find him," Sora said.

"We can do that," Blue said.

The six trainers placed their hoods back on and waved goodbye to Sora and his friends. Sora did want to help save his world from the threats of King Grevil and his Shadow Empire, but he had to focus on winning his seventh Gym Badge for right now. Sora knew it was a only a matter of time before Red and the others will need their help.

Elsewhere, in the cave Salnius has recovered more so as his muscles has increased since then.

"My recovery may have gone down smoothly, but still not strong enough. I will need a little more time to recover at full strength. Only then will I bring the Shadow Empire to this world and countless others. Darkness shall thrive, while light shall fade."

It's only a matter of time before Salnius is fully recovered and his plans for Sora's world as well as Red's and Ash's worlds. Will they fall like dominoes? Just keep reading and find out.