Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Beach Blank-out ( Chapter 59 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 59: Beach Blank-out

Several days has passed since the battle with Red and learning of the multiverse. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all made it back to Porta Vista beach. They were all happy to make it there since their last visit.

Sora and his friends made a pretty good stop at his relatives house and gave a few knocks on the door.

"Coming!" Ventus called from the inside. Ven answered the door and his face lit up with excitement. "Sora! Kairi! And the rest!"

"Hey Ven!" Sora said giving his younger cousin a big hug. "I missed you!"

"Me too! It feels like forever!" Ven said hugging his cousin back.

"You've gotten a little taller since we last saw you, Ven," Lillie said.

"But you're as energetic as ever," Kiawe said.

"And how are Terra and Aqua doing?" Lana asked.

"Why don't you ask us yourselves?" Terra called out from behind. The group turned to see Terra, Aqua, and Cattleya return home with some grocery bags.

"Hey you guys! Hey Aunt Cattleya," Sora smiled.

"It's very good to see you again, Sora!" Aqua smiled. "And you too Kairi!"

"I was going to say the same for you, Aqua," Kairi said.

"Togepi!"

"Well I can see all of you are doing wonderfully," Cattleya said. "But we should talk more inside." Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all went inside the house and they shared tales about their journey since they last came. Sora had shared that he had won six badges in total and what Pokémon he caught along the way; Ven mentioned he had already met his Muk. And the fact that he and Kairi are now an official couple. Also the addition of Togepi. Cattleya was crying with pride as she knew her nephew had finally taken that first step and is now in a relationship with Kairi. "Oh, my little Sora! I am so happy for you!" Cattleya hugged her nephew tight. Terra and Aqua were so happy for Sora and Kairi as well.

"You two make a very good pair," Aqua said.

"You sure do," Terra added. "We knew that fact the minute we met you guys."

"Thanks," Sora said smiling.

"Also I would like to say, Togepi is so adorable. May I hold him?" Aqua asked.

"I don't see why not," Kairi said. She handed Togepi to the bluenette.

"Hiya little cutie," Aqua cooed. "It's very nice to meet you."

"Pi! Toge, Toge!"

"You have yourself such a darling little Pokémon, Kairi," Cattleya said.

"Well, all of us were supposed to witness the hatching, but we missed it," Sophocles groaned.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Togepi just couldn't wait to get out of that egg," Kairi said. Ventus took a look at the Togepi in Aqua's arms.

"I wonder if Togepi is ticklish. Only one way tto find out. Tickle-tickle-tickle!" Ventus started tickling Togepi's feet. Togepi started laughing as he squirming in Aqua's arms.

"Pi! Toge, Toge, Togepi!"

"Did you like that, Togepi?" Ventus asked. He held the baby Pokémon in the air. Togepi was laughing as he was having fun with Sora's cousin.

"So how's Uncle Danny and the diner since we last came here?" Sora asked.

"Things have been great since you and your wonderful friends came here last time. In fact, when we saw you compete in the P-1 Grand Prix on the television, your uncle had a Sora's Primeape special when you won," Cattleya explained. "The way you handled your Primeape was amazing." Sora chuckled as he scratched the back of his head. He could tell how proud they were of him. "I'm sure you would need some training for your upcoming Gym battle."

"You know, Aunt Cattleya? That's not a bad idea. I just need to choose which Pokémon to use," Sora said taking out his Pokédex figuring out which Pokémon to use. Sora looked very carefully as he had exchanged Decidueye, Incineroar, and Arcanine for Lycanroc, Rhyhorn, and Lapras. He had thoughts about using Psyduck, but he knew relying too heavily on his headaches was a no go since he knew Psyduck will probably be knocked out in a heartbeat. But he also thought of Sandslash, but he decided to go with Rhyhorn since Sora hadn't used him yet.

Sora, Pikachu, and Ventus had stepped out to get some training done, but they figured they should pay Danny a visit at the diner. It didn't take long before the boys reached the diner, when Big Earl popped his head out of the kitchen with a smile.

"Sora!" Big Earl came out of the kitchen and grabbed him in his arms and gave him a big bear hug. "Always good to see you!" Candy smiled as she rolled her eyes as she chuckled.

"No matter how big that boy grows, Big Earl will always fit him in his arms," Candy said. She turned to the customer she's attending to and he stares at the sight. "Don't worry, Big Earl is always like that when the manager's nephew drops by."

"That kid is the manager's nephew?" The customer asked. Candy nodded to confirm it. A few moments later, Danny comes out of his office and he spots Sora in Big Earl's arms.

"Sora?! Is that you?!" Danny asked in surprise.

"Hey Uncle Danny," Sora wheezed. "Long-time no see. Big Earl. I need to breathe."

"You better let go of him before you pop his skeleton out of his body," Danny joked. Big Earl lets go of Sora and rubs his head.

"Sorry for putting the squeeze on you like that. Just happy to see you," Big Earl said.

"Not a problem," Sora said. "I was thinking the same thing."

"Anyway, I'll let you talk with your uncle while I cook. Just give a holler when you're hungry, okay?" Big Earl asked before he returned to the kitchen.

Once Big Earl went back to work, Sora and Ventus spoke with Danny.

"How is your journey coming along?" Danny asked.

"It's coming around great! I won two additional Badges since the last visit. I also caught some more Pokémon along the way and some of the ones I already caught had evolved. And also..." Sora paused as he took a deep breath. "Kairi and I are a couple now." Sora smiled as Danny was starting to smile and he gave his nephew a tight hug. It wasn't as tight as Big Earl's but still tight.

"I'm so proud of you, Sora! You and Kairi are officially together!" Danny said feeling so very happy. "How and when it happened?!"

"Just a few months ago," Sora said. "And we just told each other about our feelings."

"So where is she now? And your other friends too?" Danny asked.

"They're at the house right now," Ventus answered for his cousin. "Mom, Terra, and Aqua are with them right now."

"I needed someplace to train for my Gym battle on Cinnabar Island so I thought I could do some training before we head there. But I decided to surprise you with a visit, and that's where Big Earl came in," Sora explained.

"Well, I'm glad that you're doing well for yourself, Sora. You came from such a long way since you started your journey. I'm so very proud of your progress," Danny said smiling. He rubbed his nephews head. Sora and Ven stepped out so that Sora could get started training for his Gym battle.

The two boys walked by the beach when a woman in a green bikini approached them when she spotted Pikachu on Sora's shoulder.

"Hey there! You with the Pikachu! You a Pokémon trainer?" The woman asked.

"So what if I am?" Sora questioned with a hint of sarcasm.

"I'm challenging you into a three-on-three battle," the woman said pulling out a Pokéball from purse. "A battle I'm going to win!"

"You sure you'll live up to that?" Sora asked.

"You'll see! Dewpider! Go!" The woman threw her Pokéball letting out a green spider-like Pokémon. It has a water bubble covering its head which is bound by three green projections. Its body is mostly light-green in color except for its abdomen, which is dark-gray in color. It has a large dark-gray face, with two blue spikes on its forehead and a yellow mouth. Its wide eyes are blue and oval-shaped. It has a small stinger on the bottom of its abdomen. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Dewpider, the Water Bubble Pokémon

Type: Water/Bug

It crawls onto the land in search of food. Its water bubble allows it to breathe and protects its soft head. When it comes across enemies or potential prey, this Pokémon smashes its water-bubble-covered head into them.

"Well, lets give you a chance for your feet to get wet," Sora said pulling out a Safari Ball. "Go Rhyhorn!" Sora threw his Safari Ball and it lets out his Rhyhorn.

"Cool! A Rhyhorn! And a big one too!" Ventus exclaimed. "But doesn't Rhyhorn have a disadvantage because it's a Ground Type and a Rock Type?"

"Yeah. But so does Dewpider because it's a Bug Type Pokémon," Sora said to his cousin. "Ready when you are!"

"Great! And thanks for making it easy for me," the woman said. "Dewpider, Bubble Beam!" Dewpider fired Bubble Beam from the water bubble on its head.

"Rhyhorn! Protect!" Sora ordered as Rhyhorn forms a protective shield around him. "Now use Horn Drill!" Rhyhorn rushed towards Dewpider with his horn spinning like a drill. The attack hits instantly knocking out the opposing Pokémon. "Great job, Rhyhorn!" Sora's opponent calls her Dewpider back inside not happy about the result.

"Dammit! I was hoping for an easy win! Okay, try this one! Seadra! Go!" She took out a Dive Ball and threw it to let out a seahorse-like Pokémon similar to Horsea, but a little larger and more scaley, especially on its white belly. It also has sharp fins on the side and has sharp spikes at the head.

"A Seadra, huh?" Sora took out his Pokédex once again.

Seadra, the Dragon Pokémon

The evolved form of Horsea

Type: Water

Seadra generates whirlpools by spinning its body. The whirlpools are strong enough to swallow even fishing boats. This Pokémon weakens prey with these currents, then swallows it whole.

"Well it definitely looks like a Dragon Type; but it's not," Sora said pulling his Safari Ball back out. "Come back, Rhyhorn!" He puts his Safari away and looks at Pikachu. "You're up, Pikachu!"

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"Don't think it's going to be an easy win like with my Dewpider! My Seadra is tougher than nails!" The woman said.

"I don't doubt that. Pikachu, start up with Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered as Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Seadra.

"Dodge and use Dragon Dance!" The woman ordered as Seadra dodges Pikachu's attack and performed a dance surrounded by purple energy. "Now use Dragon Pulse!" Seadra fires Dragon Pulse right at the yellow mouse Pokémon with a dragon-like aura.

"Dodge and fire Electro Ball!" Sora called out as Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and hurls it towards Seadra. Seadra manages to dodge the attack. Pikachu kept firing Electro Ball. It proved hard to land a hit since Dragon Dance increases speed and power.

"Great Job, Seadra! Now use Surf!" The woman ordered as Seadra forms some water from the ocean and it comes straight to Pikachu. Pikachu got hit by the attack pretty bad. "Dragon Pulse again!" Seadra fires Dragon Pulse again heading to Pikachu.

"Come on, Pikachu! You can do it!" Ventus called out.

"Ven's right! You can! Cut the Dragon Pulse with your Iron Tail!" Sora called out.

"Pika!" Pikachu swung his tail cutting the attack like a butter knife through butter. Seadra and its trainer was quite shocked at the sight.

"Now use Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered as Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right on the wet sand giving the seahorse Pokémon a pretty bad shock. Seadra was knocked out good. "That's the way!"

"I knew you could do it, Pikachu!" Ventus beamed.

The woman called her Seadra back inside. She put her Dive Ball back in her purse and pulls out a regular Pokéball.

"Try this one for size! Gyarados! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a Gyarados with a scar on the right eye.

"Pikachu, come on back!" Sora said as Pikachu returns to Sora's side. He pulls out a Pokéball and threw it. "Okay, Wartortle! Go for it!" The Pokéball opens and it lets out Wartortle.

"Wow! Your Squirtle evolved! Did Bulbasaur and Charmander evolve too? Ventus asked.

"They did. All the way to Venusaur and Charizard. I'll share the story later. Okay Wartortle! Start things up with Aqua Jet!" Wartortle launched himself right the atrocious Pokémon. "Now fire Water Gun!" Wartortle! shot a powerful Water Gun right at Gyarados.

"Gyarados! Flamethrower!" The woman ordered as Gyarados fired Flamethrower to counter Wartortle's Water Gun and the two attacks creates steam. "Now use Ice Fang!" Gyarados leaned forward with its fangs emitting ice.

"Wartortle! Dodge it! Quickly!" Sora called out as Gyarados struck the ground instead.

"Don't let it get away! Flamethrower again!" The woman ordered as the atrocious Pokémon fired Flamethrower as Wartortle ran. Now use Hydro Pump!" Gyarados fired a powerful water attack at the turtle Pokémon.

"Wartortle! Dodge with Aqua Jet!" Sora ordered as Wartortle used Aqua Jet to narrowly avoid Gyarados's Hydro Pump. Wartortle guided himself towards Gyarados landing a strong hit. With that done, Gyarados was down, but not out. Gyarados's trainer had to make her last hit count.

"Okay, Gyarados! Use Dragon Pulse!" The woman ordered as Gyarados fired Dragon Pulse right at Wartortle.

"Wartortle! Move out of the way! Hurry!" Sora called out as Wartortle ran only to barely get hit from behind. Wartortle landed on his belly.

"Wartortle! Get up!" Ventus called out. "You can beat it!"

"Come on, Wartortle! You can pull through for me! I know you can do it!" Sora shouted. Wartortle started to stand up when Wartortle gave a loud shout as he started to evolve catching Sora, Ventus, and Pikachu by surprise. Sora's opponent was also shocked at the sight. Wartortle has evolved into a Blastoise.

"Blastoise!" Blastoise shouted as he brought out the cannons in his shell.

"That is so cool! Wartortle had just evolved into a Blastoise!" Ventus shouted. "Way to go!"

"Way to go is right," Sora agreed.

"Pikachu," Pikachu chipped in.

"That could mean Blastoise had learned something new; and I know which one it is! Blastoise! Hydro Pump!" Blastoise fired Hydro Pump right at Gyarados. The atrocious Pokémon had taken a pretty bad hit and was knocked out instantly. The woman was apparently stunned by her Gyarados's defeat. She fell on her knees.

"I don't believe it... I just lost to some kid," she said in shock. She called her Gyarados back and stood up and walked over to Sora shaking his hand. "Not a bad battle, kid. You're pretty good handling your Pokémon."

"Thanks. You weren't so bad yourself," Sora said. She went off to change into her regular clothes. Sora and Ventus looked up tonthe newly evolved Blastoise. "I knew you were gonna evolve sooner or later!"

"You were pretty awesome the way you battled that Gyarados!" Ventus added making Blastoise blush.

"Come on! Let's get some training done!" Sora said calling Blastoise back inside. Once Sora, Ventus, and Pikachu got the right spot; Sora called out Blastoise, Primarina, Lycanroc, Rhyhorn, and Lapras. "Okay, you guys! You all have been chosen carefully for the upcoming Gym battle since the Gym Leader on Cinnabar Island will be using Fire Type Pokémon. So Water, Rock, and Ground are my best bet. Blastoise why don't you practice with your Hydro Pump while Primarina will practice with Sparkling Aria. Lycanroc and Rhyhorn will practice Rock Slide, and Lapras will try practicing with Surf!" The five Pokémon did exactly that as they practiced for the upcoming Gym battle. As they trained Blastoise had learned to use Flash Cannon and Rhyhorn had learned to use Earth Power.

Sora trained his Pokémon for a couple of hours and took a break between times making sure he doesn't tire them out. Ventus watched his cousin train his Pokémon and smiled at the sight. Ventus remembered when he didn't just meet Muk, but Sora's other Pokémon as well. Once they had all the training they returned to the house only to find their family and friends waiting for them to come back.

"Hey, Sora! Your girlfriend was just sharing some tales about your journey," Danny said with a smile.

The two boys joined in on the get-together and they ate and shared stories. The group stayed for the night to rest up. As morning came, Ventus wanted to come with Sora on his journey to see Sora battle with for his seventh Badge right up to the Pokémon League.

"Can I go with you, Sora? I wanna see you battle and enter the Pokémon League! Please?" Ventus begged.

"I don't know. What would you two say on the matter?" Sora turned to his aunt and uncle chuckling.

"I think we can allow Ventus to go with you and your friends," Cattleya said.

"But only if Terra and Aqua go with you as well," Danny said.

"We can ask our parents for that," Terra said.

"And we should keep an eye on Ven out there," Aqua added.

"It's not an excuse to spend more time with Togepi is it, Aqua?" Terra teased. Aqua's face turned red in embarrassment.

"N-no! It isn't that at all! It's what I said!" Aqua lied.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all knew it because Aqua wanted to spend time with Kairi's Pokémon. But at the same time they all wanted to witness a Sora's battling skills like with Mad Ivan, Sophocles, and Hapu.

Terra and Aqua were granted permission to accompany Sora and his friends to Cinnabar Island right up to the Pokémon League. Big Earl has a brother who happens to live in Porta Vista and he has a boat that can take them to Cinnabar Island in a matter of hours. The boat's captain, Big Carl is a spitting image of Big Earl.

"Ah, Ventus! Look at you! I haven't seen you in two years! You're growing like a weed!" Big Carl said.

"Thanks Big Carl!" Ventus said with a smile.

"Think you can take us to Cinnabar Island?" Sora asked Big Earl's brother.

"Sure I can. Anything for my brother. We're ready to shove off whenever you are," Big Carl said. The group all boarded the boat as it began to set course to Cinnabar Island. As the boat has set sail, they were unaware of the Magikarp submarine underwater as Team Rocket paddles after them.

"At last we found them!" Jessie said looking through the periscope. "And Pikachu is right up for grabs!"

"But why do we have to keep peddling like this?!" James panted. "I'm getting tired from the peddling!"

"If only you can tired from flapping your gums," Meowth muttered.

"Stop complaining! We have to go after them!" Jessie said.

"Aye, aye!" James and Meowth said as they kept peddling. They peddled and peddled until they felt the submarine stop.

"Huh? What gives?! Why isn't this hunk of junk moving?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"We're trying to move it!" James groaned.

"But something is keeping us from moving! I think we're stuck!" Meowth also groaned. Meowth was right because tthe submarine was stuck between two big rocks. The submarine struggled to get loose. One careless thrust resulted in creating a big hole on the side and water started pouring in. "Oh crap! We're gonna drown!"

"This is all your fault!" Jessie roared.

"How the hell is it my fault?! This stupid submarine routine was all your idea!" James barked at her.

Team Rocket gets sucked out of the submarine only to intercept a school of tuna swimming by. Team Rocket along with the fish get caught in the net coming down and they get pulled up. Up above are two sailors on the ship. One was wearing a blue jacket with a blue sailor's cap a white beard smoking a pipe and the other was young and is currently on the controls. The younger sailor moved their catch on the deck and lets them out. Team Rocket gasps for air while Meowth has a tuna in his mouth. He takes the fish out of his mouth.

"How is it that I feel like a catfish?" Meowth muttered noticing the sailors in front of them.

"What do you think you're doing on me ship?" The captain asked.

"Well..." James started. Before they could fully explain themselves, they ended up swabbing the decks. "Well this blows."

"Just like that stupid get rich idea with that Magikarp several days ago! That con man took all our money and we took a worthless fish!" Jessie barked at James.

"Quiet down there! The sailor shouted. "More swabbing and less speaking!"

If you're wondering what ever happened with that Magikarp James had, it turns out they kept that thing for days, but it did was flop around until James stupidly kicked the fish Pokémon making it evolve. The newly evolved Gyarados attacked them sending them flying once more.

"Yes sir!" Team Rocket said.

"Put your backs into it you lazy sea slugs! I want that floor clean enough to eat off of! Move it! Move it! Move it!" The sailor shouted to them.

Meanwhile over to the ship with Sora and his friends. It was now nighttime and the moon was out. Sora and Kairi were gazing the moonlight as Sora placed his arm around his girlfriend.

"It's really nice isn't it, Sora?" Kairi asked.

"Yeah it is," Sora said smiling. "Just witnessing the night sky is a very nice setting." Kairi giggled.

"A very romantic one. It's nice to be able to spend a little time together," Kairi said.

"It sure is," Sora smiled as he and Kairi shared a kiss together. Ventus came on deck only to blush at the sight of his cousin and his girlfriend kissing. His red turned as red as a tomato and headed back down. Aqua was playing with Togepi for a bit and Terra was sitting there reading a book. He looked to Ventus noticing his face was red.

"Hey Ven. You oka-" Terra started before Ventus cut him off.

"NOTHING!" Ventus quickly answered.

Terra blinked twice when he heard that. Sora and Kairi came back down to rejoin their friends. It didn't take long before they eventually reached Cinnabar Island. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua made their way to the local Pokémon Center for the night. Ventus was excited to see the Pokémon that were present, but Aqua had to keep Ven from exploding. They all went into a available room, while some slept in the few bunk beds while others slept on the floor.

Sora and Ventus couldn't sleep. They both got up to get something to lull them back to sleep.

"Can't sleep, huh?" Sora asked his cousin.

"Y-yeah," Ventus admitted blushing when he saw him and Kairi kissing.

"What's on your mind?" Sora asked.

"Well, for one thing, I'm really stoked to watching you battle," Ventus said. "The way you battled the other day, I was so at the edge of my seat; I mean if I was sitting down. But I feel kinda nervous since this Gym Leader here on the island is pretty tough."

"Well, to be honest. I wasn't sure if I was going to win my first Gym battle," Sora admitted.

"Really?" Ventus asked surprised.

"I kid you not. My nerves are as cold as a stone in the night's air at the thought of losing. Brock was tough as a rock when we battled. I managed to come through and win the Boulder Badge," Sora said. "But that was because of the advice I got from his dad. Also, I'm not sure if I can win even with my Pokémon with an advantage over Fire Types."

"But you trained hard to make it happen. I know you can win," Ventus said.

"Well, yeah. But the Gym Leader won't pull any punches with me. Koga and Sabrina didn't when I battled them. When you do become a Pokémon trainer, don't expect them to go easy on you," Sora said.

"Right," Ventus nodded. "Win or lose, you'll always be number to me!" Sora chuckled.

"Kairi says the exact same thing," Sora said.

"Yeah. Also, I kinda saw you and Kairi kiss each other on the lips," Ventus said making Sora blush. "It's kinda like how my mom and dad kiss each other."

"Couples kiss each other all the time, you know," Sora said.

"Yeah. I should tell you to get a room like I do them," Ventus joked making Sora chuckle.

Sora and Ventus got a drink a cold drink and returned to their room to sleep. They both drifted off into sleep, until Ventus woke Sora up just to use the bathroom. The group woke up as Sora went to retrieve his Pokémon. The group all stepped out for Sora's Gym battle.

Will Sora emerge victorious or will he be burned to a crisp. Just wait and see what happens next.