Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Mew and Mewtwo ( Chapter 61 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 61: Mew and Mewtwo

After arriving in Vermilion City, Sora decided to get some training for his next Gym battle, so he asked Lillie to practice with him. Lillie was reluctant at first, but Sora promised he will try not to hurt Snowy too much.

"Okay, Pikachu, ready?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded.

"Okay, Snowy! Are you ready?" Lillie questioned.

"Vulpix!" Snowy nodded.

"Okay, Snowy! Ice Beam!" Lillie ordered as Snowy fired Ice Beam right at Pikachu.

"Pikachu, dodge it!" Sora ordered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu jumped out of the way before the attack could hit.

"Now fire Electro Ball!" Sora ordered as Pikachu fired Electro Ball right at Snowy.

"Snowy! Powder Snow!" Lillie ordered as the Alolan Vulpix let out her Powder Snow right at Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Dodge it! Quickly!" Sora called out as Pikachu ran to his right avoiding the attack. "Now use Quick Attack!" Pikachu ran pretty fast.

"Snowy, you use Quick Attack too!" Snowy ran in equal to Pikachu's speed.

The battle went on for a few minutes until they decided to take a break.

"Gotta hand it to you, Lillie. You're really improving," Sora complemented.

"You too, Sora. I'm just glad I could help out anyway I can," Lillie said.

The group made their way to the Pokémon Center to check their Pokémon in when they heard two trainers talking.

"Have you heard the rumors?" The first trainer asked.

"What rumors?" The second trainer asked.

"There's a rumor buzzing around about a freakishly powerful Pokémon that's been lurking around that cave in Cerulean City," the first trainer explained.

"A freakishly powerful Pokémon? What kind of Pokémon is it?" The second trainer asked.

"I don't really know; but there's some rumors saying that there were some trainers that had made some attempts to catch it, but only a few of them actually got to see it," the first trainer said.

"It must be pretty dangerous," the second trainer said.

"It is. There's also some talk about wild Pokémon living there; but there's also rumors about most of those Pokémon may have been abandoned by their trainers," the first trainer said.

"Man, I don't think they'll like it if we go in that cave," the second trainer said.

"Well the attacks have only occured in the cave, so the mayor's office is making a call to any able-bodied Pokémon trainer to do something about it, but the only problem is not one of them is crazy or stupid enough to do it," the first trainer said.

"Seriously?! No one?!" The second trainer exclaimed.

"There was that one kid who tried it; Larry Oak I think," the first trainer said. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine definitely knew they were talking about Gary. Sora definitely knew Gary would do anything to be number one, he never realized how reckless he was. "But that Pokémon just beat his Pokémon bad and the others just chased him off."

"If that trainer got whooped, then I don't wanna risk it," the second trainer said. "Some poor idiot could get killed in there."

"Well, what I heard is that this Pokémon is a Psychic Type, so it has powerful Psychic attacks," the first trainer said.

"Damn!" The second trainer exclaimed.

"Must be a powerful Pokémon by the way those two were talking," Terra said.

"And if it's as dangerous as they say it is, then shouldn't try to make any attempts on it," Mallow said.

"She's right! I don't think any of our Pokémon will be any match against a monster like that," Lana said.

"I just can't believe Gary tried to make an attempt on catching it; I mean, come one!" Sora stated.

"But it sounds so exciting! It might be a Pokémon that nobody has ever seen before!" Ventus said.

Sora, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, and the Alolan nine all knew he had a point. It might be worth looking into since it could possibly be a new species.

"I guess you might be right, Ven. But we shouldn't just get ahead of ourselves. If it could be a new species, then there's someone I think who should hear about this," Sora said. Everyone all knew who he was talking about. Sora dialed the number to Professor Oak's laboratory.

"Hello?" Professor Oak answered.

"Hello, professor! It's me!" Sora said.

"Ah! Sora! It's so good to hear from you ever since the Pokédex upgrade I gave you! And howbare things between you and Kairi?" Professor Oak asked cheekily.

"Things are going great between us; and I won seven Badges so far," Sora said.

"So you only need just one more to enter the Pokémon League! How wonderful for you!" Professor Oak beamed.

"Yeah well, that's not the reason I'm calling you," Sora admitted.

"Oh? Then what is the purpose of your call?" Professor Oak asked.

"Well, my friends and I just heard someone talking about a really powerful Pokémon lurking around a cave in Cerulean City," Sora explained. "So we all figured that it might be a new species."

"Is that so? Well, to be honest this is the first I have heard about it. I have only heard about some Pokémon in that exact cave, but never expected it to home something else," Professor Oak said intrigued.

"You mean you didn't hear about it from Gary?" Sora asked surprised.

"I'm afraid not, my boy. But, since you brought him up; he has been acting rather strangely since I last heard from him," the professor admitted.

"What do you mean?" Sora asked.

"Well when we last spoke to one another, he's been acting like he rather distracted, and that is rather unusual for him. And in the next, he seems rather depressed. I could feel something was going on with him, but I'm afaid I don't know everything there is to him," Professor Oak explained.

Sora figured that it had be to be fact Gary has eyes for Kairi; but he had to suspect it was possible Gary had seen those two kissing back at the gorge. Sora didn't want to reveal everything so soon to him.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about," Sora assured him.

"I supposed you're right. But getting back on topic; is there anything else you could tell me about this mysterious Pokémon you were just describing?" Professor Oak asked.

"Not really. Except that it's a Psychic Type," Sora simply said.

"Well, if it's not too much trouble, I would request that you and your friends to look into this for me; for research purposes," Professor Oak requested.

"Are you sure you want us to do that, professor?" Sora asked.

"It'll take a some time off from your journey. But where are you calling me from?" Professor Oak asked.

"We're in the Pokémon Center in Vermilion City," Sora said. "We'll head on over there as soon as we can."

"Thank you, Sora! And let me know as soon as you know more," Professor Oak said.

Sora and the professor hung at the same time and he went to his friends. They all sat around waiting for Sora to tell them what he just found out.

"What did he say, Sora?" Acerola asked.

"The professor had requested that we have a look into this," Sora said.

"You mean head back to Cerulean City?" Sophocles asked. Sora nodded. "I was afraid you would say that."

"And I knew we would get dragged in it even if we wanted to or not," Hapu said as Mina nodded.

"You sure it's a good idea to go into it, Sora?" Kairi asked.

"Originally I was just going to leave it alone and move on. I mean we have lots on our plate as it is," Sora said. Kairi and the Alolan nine all knew that Sora had a point since they didn't want to bring up the Shadow Empire or the Pokémon trainers from alternate realities to Sora's cousin and his friends. "You guys in?"

Kairi, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and the Alolan nine all looked among themselves and agreed to investigate this matter. A few days went by as they eventually reached Cerulean City. They asked for directions to the cave and some of them told them that they didn't know and some just told them just go home and forget about it. Riku, Naminé, and Eevee had arrived in Cerulean City along with Gladion joining them. Unknown to them, Mew has been following them while invisible.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua managed to finally find the cave they were looking for.

"This must be it," Kiawe pointed out.

"We'll have to be careful. There could be other Pokémon inside there," Illima said.

Just as the group was about to enter the cave, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, and Gladion made it to the scene.

"Well, look who it is," Riku called out grabbing their attention.

"Riku! Naminé!" Sora recognized.

"Gladion!" Lillie also recognized.

"We figured you would be looking into this," Riku said.

"Are you here because of the rumors?" Naminé asked.

"If you're talking about the talk about that mystery Pokémon; that's a big yeah," Sora answered.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"Then we have a common goal," Gladion said.

Ventus looked at Gladion and he nudged at Kairi.

"Who is that guy?" Ventus asked his cousin's girlfriend.

"He's Gladion; he's Lillie's older brother," Kairi answered.

"No way! Lillie has a brother?!" Ventus exclaimed surprised.

"Lillie never mentioned she had any siblings," Aqua pointed out.

"Gladion is a skilled Pokémon trainer," Kiawe said. "Sora battled against him and lost. But even though Gladion beat him, Sora gave it everything he had."

Terra and Aqua looked at Lillie's brother and saw there was a slight resemblance to them with their hair color.

"It's good to see you again, Ven," Riku said taking the younger boy in his arm and giving him a nuggie.

"Are these three acquaintance of yours, Sora?" Gladion asked.

"Yeah. Ventus here is my younger cousin. The tall kid with the brown hair is Terra and the girl with the blue hair is Aqua," Sora introduced them.

"It's really good to meet you, Gladion," Terra said holding his hand. Gladion slightly smiled and took his hand shaking it.

"Now that we have the introductions out of the way; let's go in and see what we're dealing with," Sora said.

None of them needed to be told twice and they all went inside the cave. They all looked around and they didn't see anything in it, except for some rocks and dirt.

"No signs of any Pokémon so far," Illima said.

"Not yet anyway," Lana said.

"You think we should split up?" Sophocles asked.

"Not a good idea. We might end up being lost in here," Hapu said.

"Hapu is right. Whatever is here, we want to see it before it sees us," Lillie said.

"Right," Sora, Kairi, Sophocles, Mallow, and Kiawe agreed.

"You should stay close, Ven. We promised your parents to keep you safe," Aqua said.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Ventus scoffed. The group is unaware that they were being watched by some Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat up above. One Zubat flew not being seen by the humans. The lone Zubat made it to Mewtwo's den and it approached it.

"What do you have to report?" Mewtwo asked. Zubat squeaked telling the psychic Pokémon of their visitors. "More humans have entered the cave? Then we are in danger. Call some of the others and drive them out! I don't want them to come any farther!" The Zubat nodded and flew to give the word. Back with the group, They were unaware of Mew following them. Eevee's ears perked up and turned just in time for Mew to turn invisible once again. Eevee looked around and sniffed the air. He knew they weren't alone.

"Eevee!" Riku called out making Eevee turn. "Come on!" Eevee rushes over to Riku. Mew remained invisible not being seen by the humans.

Just when the group got a little further in the cave, they were suddenly attacked by a group of Pokémon. A Nidoking, a Rhyhorn, An Elecatabuzz, a Magmar, and an Alakazam. Nidoking fired Hyper Beam, Rhyhorn and Magmar fired Flamethrower, Electabuzz fired a beam of electricity, and Alakazam fired Psybeam.

"We're under attack!" Acerola exclaimed.

"I'll take care of them!" Riku said taking out a Pokéball. "Incineroar! Go!" Riku threw the Pokéball and it lets out his Incineroar. "Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar spun around right at the attacking Pokémon knocking them out.

Another group in it consisted of a Raticate, two Primeape, a Flareon, a Vaporeon, and a Jolteon. They launched attacks of their own. Gladion called Silvally and it dealt with them. The attacking Pokémon retreated from the invaders.

Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat suddenly joined in on the attack. Sora took out his Dive Ball and Safari Ball and threw them.

"Dratini! Jangmo-o! Go!" Sora threw the two balls letting out the two dragon Pokémon. "Both of you fire Dragon Breath!" They obeyed as their attacks forced some of the bat Pokémon away while others kept coming. Dratini and Jangmo-o were quickly overwhelmed and they both started to evolve. Dratini was now a Dragonair and Jangmo-o evolved into a bipedal dragon Pokémon with scale plates on his arms crests on his head and at the end of his head. The newly evolved Pokémon dealt with the bat Pokémon and forced the remaining forces to retreat. "You guys evolved! Now I got a Dragonair and whatever you are."

"Your Jangmo-o evolved into a Hakamo-o," Riku pointed out.

Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned Hakamo-o for information.

Hakamo-o, the Scaly Pokémon

The evolved form of Jangmo-o

Type: Dragon/Fighting

It makes noise by clanging its scales together. When the rhythm has reached its peak, Hakamo-o attacks.

"At least you're attacking in our favor. Especially with all the Pokémon coming at us," Sora said.

Everyone continued on and kept their eyes opened for anymore surprise attacks. They came by a river inside the cave unaware of the Tentacool and Tentacruel watching them.

The jellyfish Pokémon launched their attacks right at the group and Sophocles took out two Pokéballs and threw them.

"Togedemaru! Magnemite! Go!" Sophocles shouted as they let out hus two Electric Types. "Togedemaru, Discharge! Magnemite, Thunderbolt!" The two Pokémon fired their electric attacks right in the water shocking the jellyfish Pokémon and knocking all of them out. Sora, Gladion, Riku, and the rest of the Alolan nine all let out their Pokémon and fought back against the army of Pokémon. Just when a large Venusaur was about to attack the group, it felt itself get lifted up in the air and thrown like a ragdoll forcing all the others to retreat.

"What was that?" Hapu questioned.

"Accerola, your Mimikyu dosen't know Psychic, right?" Aqua asked.

"No," Accerola answered.

"None of you did that. I did," Mew said appearing before the group dropping its invisibility. The group gasped astounded.

"What kind of Pokémon is that?" Ventus asked in awe.

"It couldn't be," Gladion said in a low tone.

"Mew!" Lillie confirmed.

"Mew?" Everyone questioned.

"Yes. I am the legendary Pokémon known as Mew. Some of you humans say that I am extinct and some say I am a myth. But I assure you I am very much alive and very real," Mew said. "I spent many years wondering the world invisible from the eyes of man. Seeing how well how some humans and Pokémon live. Some are kind towards theirs and others are cruel to them as well."

None of them could believe what they were seeing and hearing; it was the legendary Pokémon Mew and it was talking to them. Sora slowly took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Mew, the New Species Pokémon

Type: Psychic

Mew is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon. It is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people.

"You're the ancestor of all Pokémon?" Kairi asked.

"Toge?"

"In a way, I am," Mew answered.

"But, why are you in here with us?" Riku asked. "It just seems that you could help us anytime."

"I did not want to draw attention to myself. But upon arriving here, I have felt a tremendous power, so I followed all of you," Mew explained. "Whatever is in this cave it is very similar to me; but at the same time it is different, I just cannot explain it."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Riku, Naminé, Gladion, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua were shocked to hear that this Pokémon could be something like Mew, but somehow different. The group went even further into the cave. As they went even further, Mew started trembling.

"What is it, Mew?" Naminé asked.

"What do you sense?" Gladion also asked.

"It is close! I can sense it!" Mew said. "And it is angered by our presence." They went even further and they found what looks like it might be big enough for all of them. They all heard a loud shriek startling everyone. Mew turned invisible again. Suddenly a mysterious figure started to descend.

"What's that?" Sora questioned to himself.

"Pika?" Pikachu also questioned.

Togepi held onto Kairi tighter the same as she did him. Everyone just kept looking at the figure descending and they saw it was in fact a Pokémon. Everyone just looked at the Pokémon quite shocked. Not one of them knew what it was. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned it.

Mewtwo, the Genetic Pokémon

Type: Psychic

Mewtwo is a Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokémon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.

"Mewtwo?!" Sora exclaimed in shock.

"Huh?!" Everyone all exclaimed at once.

"How do you know my name?!" Mewtwo exclaimed.

"And it talks?!" Sora exclaimed again.

"Pikachu?"

"Why are you in my cave?!" Mewtwo roared. "I demand to have answers!"

"We were only in here to hear about crazy rumors about a mysterious Pokémon roaming in this cave," Sora answered. "And it looks like you pretty much fit the bill."

Mewtwo lifted its hand and used its psychic powers to lift Sora in the air. Pikachu jumped off his shoulders just in time.

"Sora!" Kairi called out.

Mewtwo tossed Sora towards the back with Charizard to catch him just in time.

"You can't do that and get away with it!" Lana shouted. "Let's go Gyarados!" Gyarados moved forward and roared. "Gyarados! Hyper Beam attack!" Gyarados fired Hyper Beam right at the genetic Pokémon. Mewtwo lifted its hand and used its psychic powers to reflect Hyper Beam and sent it back to its user. The Hyper Beam hits Gyarados knocking the atrocious Pokémon out. Everyone gasped at the sight. "Gyarados!"

"Child's play," Mewtwo scoffed.

"Why did you do that?!" Sora barked at Mewtwo. "What did I ever do to you?!"

"You brought me into your world to be your slave. That is what you humans did," Mewtwo said.

"What?!" Sora questioned.

"What do you mean by that?" Mallow asked.

"Twenty years ago, I was created by humans. I was cloned from the DNA of the legendary Pokémon Mew. From the humans I learned so much about life through the books provided by the humans. As time went on, I had learned of the atrocities that you humans have committed to satisfy your gluttonous appetites! You humans desired wealth and power; but you also desire more! Your greed and hatred knew no bounds and for those reasons I have began to mistrust all humans!" Mewtwo explained. "And for those reasons I came here and gave sanctuary to Pokémon abandoned by their trainers and wild Pokémon who seek protection from the outside world!"

"Is that why you hate humans so much? And you're planning to wipe out the human race to save all Pokémon?" Riku asked.

"No. Your Pokémon will not be spared. They have disgraced themselves and their kind by giving servitude to humans like you," Mewtwo said.

Pikachu stepped forward, "Pika, Pikachu, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pikachu!"

"What? You dare to tell me that I am wrong and you are not this human's servant, you are his friend?" Mewtwo asked.

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"Then you are no different from the other traitors!" Mewtwo snarled hurling a blue sphere right at Pikachu. Pikachu got hit and Sora caught him.

"Pikachu! You okay?" Sora asked concerned.

"Humans and Pokémon can never be friends!" Mewtwo stated.

"Humans and Pokémon can be friends, Mewtwo! I don't know who created you and why, but I do know you are wrong about you said about all of us in here!" Sora stated. "I mean, you are right about some of the things you said about humans being greedy and hateful, but not all human beings are like that! I mean I met many good people on my journey and-" Sora was cut off.

"NO! NO! NO! THERE ARE NO GOOD PEOPLE! YOU'RE ALL BAD! YOU'RE ALL THE SAME! Only Pokémon are good. Humans are evil," Mewtwo said.

With that said, Mewtwo's followers appeared. Many of them are Pokémon that they had seen all over Kanto amd they were all angry. They all nodded in agreement to that.

"If it's a battle you want, then that's what you're going to get, Mewtwo!" Gladion stated.

Kairi, Togepi, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua went to safety as Sora, Riku, the Alolan nine, and Gladion stayed and battled the Pokémon army. They knew they were all outnumbered but they had to go out fighting. It didn't take long before the battle turned fierce. The Pokémon army were getting beaten, but the human trained Pokémon were getting exhausted fast. Mewtwo was about launch an attack on the invaders when a pink bubble appeared out of nowhere stopping the battle.

"Enough!" Mew called out.

"What?" Mewtwo questioned. Mew appeared before Mewtwo and looked right its duplicate. "Mew. So finally we meet."

"Yes," Mew answered. "And I would not say that is a pleasant meeting."

"Indeed not," Mewtwo agreed. "I may have been created from your DNA; but once and for all I will show you that Mewtwo is greater than Mew! Superior to you in every way!"

"Is that so?" Mew asked.

"The world is too small for the two of us," Mewtwo stated as Mewtwo began chasing Mew around in the cavern. "Why are you fleeing from me? Are you afraid to find out which one of us is greater?" The chase continued as Mewtwo fired the blue sphere attack right at Mew. The attack sent the pink Pokémon through the ceiling of the cave. Mewtwo thought to have won only for Mew to throw a pink orb of power right at its clone. Mewtwo was down, but not out. "So you do have some fight in you."

"This is pointless," Mew said. "You must stop while you still can."

"And why would I stop? You have been lurking around and I know you were listening to what I said. But why are you fighting against me and not with me?" Mewtwo asked.

"It's because your actions have made you no different from human beings," Mew said. Mewtwo was obviously disgusted by that comparison. "You are right, I was listening to what was being said. When you began lashing out against the humans because of certain misdeeds only makes you think and act like humans. That human boy spoke the truth about there being good people in the world. I would know because I have seen it for myself. These humans have been kind to their Pokémon. Greed and hatred dosen't rule humans alone! There's also compassion, love, kindness, and generosity! Those qualities also rule over humans. Can you not see that?"

"Lies! Nothing but lies! There is no such things as love, compassion, kindness, and generosity! Humans brought steal and kill! They conquer over not only one another, but just any other creature in this planet!" Mewtwo barked back.

"Then you are truly lost. Then I know what I must do, Mewtwo. But before we begin, I must say that you must forgive me for this," Mew said. Both Pokémon began their battle. Mew and Mewtwo launched a series of attacks to each other, not one was getting the best over the other. Sora and his friends watched as the two Pokémon continued on with their battle.

Mewtwo was starting to gain the upper hand against its counterpart. Mewtwo had beaten Mew pretty badly. With one last attack, Mewtwo managed to finish off Mew.

"There! I have proven that I am more superior than you, Mew! I am the most powerful Pokémon in the world! Powerful than even you, Mew!" Mewtwo stated.

"Mew!" Sora called out lifting Mew in his arms.

"You really are lost, Mewtwo. You say that you are superior to me; but you lack judgement. You are nothing more than your own victim. A Pokémon's true power comes from the heart," Mew said weakly.

"I am no victim! I am more powerful than you in every way! Who are you to say such things?!" Mewtwo asked.

"Power means nothing if used irresponsibly. You spent your life hating humans when you have no better than humans. The circumstances of one's birth is irrelevant; it is the gift of life that determines who you are," Mew said slipping right into unconsciousness.

Those words stuck to Sora as he looked right at Mew's genetic duplicate. He handed Mew into Riku's arms. And turned to face Mewtwo again. He looked right at it with a serious gaze.

"Why don't you just understand? Mew fought for us and at the same time, tried to help you. What Mew said is true; what you're choosing is to be a tyrant! That's something a human would do!" Spra stated.

"No! I am nothing like you hairless monkeys! I am far more superior than any Pokémon you have!" Mewtwo called out.

"You say you're not like us, but the truth is that you think like a human, you act like a human, and you talk like a human; but how long will it take before you start treating your followers like your servants?" Sora questioned.

"I would never treat them as that!" Mewtwo sneered.

"Not yet. But you will eventually. What do you think will happen when they decide they leave when you're not the Pokémon they all thought you are?" Sora questioned. Mewtwo's followers looked to one another and wondering what he meant by that. It did not escape Mewtwo's notice. "How long will it take before they become afraid of you altogether?"

"You are wrong! I am not a tyrant! I am not a human! I will not be lectured by a child!" Mewtwo roared.

"Pikachu! Go!" Sora said to Pikachu. "Quick Attack!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded as he ran towards Mewtwo.

"Eevee! You use Quick Attack too!" Riku called out as Eevee ran joining Pikachu for the battle. Both Pokémon hit Mewtwo right on the mark. Mewtwo use Psychic on Eevee lifting him up. "Swift!" Eevee fired Swift right at Mewtwo dropping the little brown Pokémon.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered as Pikachu fired Thunderbolt shocking the genetic Pokémon good. "Now use Iron Tail!" Pikachu swung at Mewtwo hard.

"You will not win!" Mewtwo formed the blue sphere and fired right at Pikachu.

"Eevee! Cancel out Aura Sphere with Shadow Ball!" Riku ordered as Eevee fired Shadow Ball right at Mewtwo's Aura Sphere attack causing an explosion.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora called out as Pikachu formed a ball of electricity from his tail and hurled it to Mewtwo. Mewtwo blocked the attack with Psychic and sent it back. Pikachu formed another Electro Ball blocking his own attack.

"Eevee! Swift!" Riku called out as Eevee fired Swift and it overwhelmed Mewtwo. Mewtwo was taking a beating bad. Mewtwo recovered itself, but not fully. Mewtwo fired Aura Sphere right at Eevee.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora called as Pikachu threw Electro Ball at the Aura Sphere making a small explosion. Riku looks to Sora grinning. "That makes us even!" Riku smiled and nodded.

"Eevee! Dig!" Riku ordered as Eevee started to dig underground.

"Pikachu! Follow Eevee!" Sora called as Pikachu nodded. Pikachu followed Eevee underground.

Kairi and the rest of the group wondered what they had planned. Mewtwo knew Pikachu and Eevee would pop out at any moment. Mewtwo waited for them to come out from the ground. Eevee jumped out of the ground and Pikachu followed.

"Shadow Ball!" Riku ordered.

"Electro Ball!" Sora ordered.

Pikachu and Eevee fired their attacks right at Mewtwo. The two attacks combined into a black ball sparkling with lightning.

Mewtwo didn't have enough time to react and got hit by the combo attack. Mewtwo barely stood and fell on its back beaten. All the Pokémon were pretty shocked at what they had witnessed; their leader was just defeated by two human trained Pokémon. Sora and Riku approached the fallen Pokémon as it looked up to them barley moving. By that time, Mew had regained consciousness.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Do it! Enslave me like you did so many before me! Do it!" Mewtwo dared them. Sora and Riku looked at each other and shook their heads.

"No," Sora simply said. That shocked Mewtwo; it looked to Riku who just looked at it.

"Why not?" Mewtwo asked. "I don't understand. Why won't you? Please tell me why."

"Just any Pokémon trainer would have taken advantage of an opportunity to catch a Pokémon like you; even if it's one-of-a-kind, but we're not like that," Sora said. "If someone said that you were created to fight for humans really didn't know as well as they thought. Mew only told you that it's your choice. You chose to leave your creators and live here with all these Pokémon. I don't blame you that you don't trust humans, but like I said before, not all humans are as bad as you say they are. When I first became a Pokémon trainer, I tried to make my very first catch, but that was an utter failure, and that's when I came across a Pidgey in a cage. I let it go so that it could escape. There were Pokémon hunters who placed that cage there and they tried to steal Pikachu from me and I couldn't let that happen." Kairi approached to Mewtwo as well.

"It's true, Mewtwo. I saved a Caterpie from those same hunters. We love Pokémon so much, we couldn't bare to let them be taken and sold to someone who will only use and abuse them," Kairi said taking Sora's hand. "This boy risked his life for Pikachu because he loved him. He has that love for his other Pokémon. We love all of our Pokémon just as much as you love all the Pokémon here, Mewtwo. So there is such a thing as love."

Mewtwo looked at the auburn haired girl and right at the Togepi in her arms. Mewtwo could easily see if human children could feel that way about Pokémon then Mewtwo's views on humans may have been upside down.

"What they say is true," Mew finally spoke. "Humans and Pokémon can be friends. I have seen it and I think you should see that as well. And if you will allow it, I want to be your friend."

Mewtwo slowly stood up and nodded.

"I shall accept your friendship, Mew," Mewtwo said. "I was so lost in my own hatred that I could not see that I would have ended up like the humans I have hated. Perhaps I shall begin to shape my own future. And that begins with only one step."

Mew smiled and levitated along with Mewtwo.

"Then come with me," Mew said.

The Pokémon took one last look below. All the Pokémon below wondered where Mewtwo was going so Mewtwo addressed to them.

"I am sorry that I have to leave you all; but this is a journey that I must take. But rest assured that this is not goodbye, because I promise to return one day. Keep each other safe in my absence," Mewtwo said as Mew and Mewtwo took their leave.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Gladion, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus all took their leave of the cave as well. Gladion said his goodbyes to the group and headed off. The rest of the group went to the Pokémon Center in Cerulean City where Sora made the report to Professor Oak.

"I see. This mysterious Pokémon is known as Mewtwo. And all the Pokémon living in that cave were only following it," Professor Oak stroked his chin.

"Well that's pretty much the jist of it," Sora said.

"Well, I have to say I am amazed to hear that it was created by human beings twenty years ago. But that could spell for concern," Professor Oak said.

"And things would have gotten from bad to worse if we didn't step in," Sora said.

"Well I must thank you for looking into this for me. And you should focus on getting your eighth Badge so that you can enter the Pokémon League," Professor Oak said.

"I'll do that, professor," Sora said.

"And be sure to drop by the lab as soon as you arrive in Pallet Town," Professor Oak requested.

"Okay. I'll see you then," Sora said hanging up.

Sora and his friends stuck around the Pokémon Center for the night. Riku and Naminé decided to meet them at Pallet Town to meet with Professor Oak. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua had left to head to Viridian City for Sora's final Gym battle when Red, Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock had approached them.

"Guys!" Sora gasped. "What's up?"

"We're going to need your help after all," Red simply said.