Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Shadow Empire ( Chapter 62 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 Episode 62: The Shadow Empire

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua met with Red, Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock; and Red states that they were going to need their help.

"How serious did it get?" Sora asked.

"Critically serious," Red answered.

"I was afraid of that," Sora muttered.

Kairi and the Alolan nine were definitely not surprised to hear Red say that. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua were at a loss to what was going on.

"Um, Sora?" Terra spoke up.

"Do you mind filling us in on what is going on?" Aqua asked.

"You can start by telling us about them," Ventus added.

Sora turned to his cousin and his friends with a worried look on his face.

"Okay, before we start... Would any of you believe what we're about to tell you?" Sora questioned. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all looked to one another and wondering what he had to tell them. Before Sora could speak up, Brock zoomed passed Sora making him spin like a top. Sora fell on his belly as Brock took Aqua by the hand.

"Hi there! My name is Brock and I'm learning to be a Pokémon Breeder. But I'm also learning some human relations. May I ask what your name is?" Brock asked his face burning red.

"Um, it's Aqua," the bluenette answered feeling nervous.

"Aqua! Such a very beautiful name for a beautiful girl! The name Aqua sparkles as the very water itself!" Brock said swooning as Misty grabs him by the ear.

"And you'll seeing stars if you keep this up!" Misty said dragging him back with the group. Sora sat up with a sour look on his face.

"Constant in the multiverse confirmed," Sora muttered.

"Sorry about him. Brock is like that with every pretty girl he meets," Ash said.

"Quite understandable," Aqua said.

"Okay, since you've met Brock, the girl yanking on his ear and holding her own Togepi is Misty, and the boy with the zig zags and his own Pikachu is named Ash," Sora said. "Ash, Misty, Brock, meet my cousin Ven; short for Ventus. The guy with the brown hair is Terra and your friend has met Aqua."

"So this is your cousin, huh?" Ash guessed.

"Pikachu," Ash's Pikachu said.

"They do so very much alike," Misty pointed out.

"They could look just like brothers," Brock added.

"Okay, guys. We get it," Sora said before setting his attention to Red, Blue, and Green. "Okay here are Red, Blue, and Green."

"You guys are named after colors?" Ventus asked confused.

"Ventus!" Aqua chided Ventus.

"Well that's what it sounds like," Ventus said.

"Well, I think Sora has something he wants to share with us," Terra said.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all knew it was too good to keep secret. They explained to them that Red, Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock are from alternate universes and they are after a man from a world different from their own worlds. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua were stunned to hear about alternate realities. And the Misty and Brock in their world are different from the ones Sora had battled. They even explained to them about the Shadow Empire and its ambitions to conquer three worlds.

"Whoa," Ventus said in disbelief.

"I know right," Kiawe said.

"They just want to conquer our world just like that?" Aqua asked.

"That's pretty much it," Blue said.

"Just can't believe that these guys uses Pokémon not in a way that we do," Ventus said.

"Well we don't exactly know everything," Mallow said.

"Yeah. Why don't you fill us in on how and when it started," Sophocles suggested.

The six otherworldly Pokémon trainers all looked among themselves and they all agreed to share their story with them.

"Well, okay," Red started. "It was a short time after I became champion of the Pokémon League. I started hearing rumors of a strange man that could summon Pokémon from shadows."

"We found that hard to believe at first; but when we saw it for ourselves we were pretty surprised," Blue said.

"Blue here battled against Salnius and lost; most of you already know that," Green added. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua was surprised by that one. They all knew he resembled Gary but he seemed more, more mature.

"It was after I lost that we all learned about the Shadow Empire and their desire to take over our world after they completely dominated their own world," Blue said.

"They also had their sights set on our world too," Brock said.

"So Ash, how did you, Misty, and Brock meet Red, Blue, and Green in the first place?" Sora asked.

"I can answer that," Red said. "We went off to our Saffron City to visit the Silph Co. There was a scientist that had a theory about our worlds being branches off a tree; the multiverse itself. Not only he proved that they were real, but he found a way to cross into them. I volunteered to test it out. And that where they come in." Red looks to Ash, Misty, and Brock.

(Flashback, Ash's world)

Red is seen laying unconscious on the side of the road when Ash, Misty, and Brock are traveling down the road and noticed an unconscious figure on the side.

"Pika!" Ash's Pikachu said.

"What is it, Pikachu?" Ash asked. Pikachu simply pointed to the boy on the side. "Guys! Look!" Misty and Brock noticed him there and rushed over to him. The trio rushed over to the unconscious boy and Ash shook him. "Hey, wake up!" Red stirs awake. He sees the three trainers and recognizes two of them.

"Brock? Misty?" Red asked. That confused the three of them.

"How do you know our names?" Brock asked.

"I battled the both of you and won badges from you," Red stated.

"You must have hit your head harder than I thought, because we've never met you before," Misty said. Red was confused by that statement and he remembered the device and pulled it out of his backpack and checked it.

"I've made it! The experiment is successful!" Red said.

"What are you talking about?" Ash asked.

"Pikachu?" Ash's Pikachu asked.

"Togepi," Misty's Togepi chirped.

"Well, it looks like I have lots to explain, and I don't expect you to believe me when I say it," Red said. The four Pokémon trainers found somewhere to sit so that they could talk. Red spoke up. "You may find this hard to believe, but what I tell you is true. I would like to start up with saying that I came from another world."

Ash, Misty, and Brock were amazed to hear that claim.

"What do you mean another world?" Ash asked amazed.

"My world is kinda like yours, but entirely different in other ways," Red explained.

"Could that be how you knew our names?" Brock asked.

"Yeah," Red said nodding. "Both of the Brock and Misty I knew and battled were both Gym Leaders and still are. I battled them both and won."

"You mean you didn't earn your first two badges out of pity?" Misty asked.

"Misty! I kept telling you it wasn't out of pity! You were there! Brock just gave me the Boulder Badge when the sprinklers went off and your sisters gave me the Cascade Badge for stopping Team Rocket!" Ash outed Misty.

"If you say so," Misty said.

"Guys! That's not important! We didn't ask him what his name is!" Brock said.

"My name is Red. And as you can see, I'm a Pokémon trainer," Red introduced himself. "But the danger you'll be experiencing will set its sights on your world soon enough."

"What kind of danger are you talking about?" Ash asked.

"What you're about to hear is just as unbelievable. This threat is a man calling himself Salnius. And he came from a world not like mine or yours already conquered by what is called the Shadow Empire," Red explained.

"Shadow Empire?" Ash asked.

"Pika," Pikachu chirped.

"Who and what is the Shadow Empire?" Misty asked.

"Togepi," Togepi chirped.

"I don't know all the details, but Salnius didn't let out more," Red said.

"But I shall reveal more to you!" Salnius called out as Red, Ash, Misty, and Brock turned to see him. "The Shadow Empire is to expand itself in not just one world, but others as well! His majesty King Grevil has ordered it!"

"Why? Tell me that!" Red barked at the visitor.

"Because, empires must expand or die," Salnius said. "Now get ready to die!" Salnius raised his hand and his shadow took form of a bipedal, feline Pokémon with primarily yellow and black fur. The fur is thinner and black on its lower legs, lower body, upper arms, and face, and is thicker and yellow everywhere else. There is also a zigzagging black stripe on each thigh and two more stripes on each forearm. There are small tufts of light blue fur on its chest and a longer tuft on its forehead. It also has a single, lightning bolt-shaped blue whisker on each cheek. A long, ponytail-like or tail-like bunch of fur extends from between its shoulders. The Pokémon has large ears with black insides and blue eyes. Its forepaws have four clawed fingers and light blue pads, while its hindpaws have only three clawed toes. Ash, Misty, and Brock were stunned at the sight. They witnessed a Pokémon emerge from his shadow. "Zeraora! Plasma Fists!" Zeraora charges at them with its fists charging with electricity. Red took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Charizard! Go!" His Pokéball opens and lets out his Charizard. "Flamethrower!" Charizard obeyed and fired Flamethrower right at the Shadow Pokémon. Ash and his Pikachu looked at each other and nodded.

"Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt!" Ash ordered as Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Zeraora, but it didn't damage the Shadow Pokémon at all.

"That wasn't going to work on my Shadow Pokémon!" Salnius scoffed.

(Back to the present)

Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua were pretty surprised to hear that the Pokémon Salnius had unleashed is the legendary Pokémon Zeraora. Sora took out his Pokédex and looked up Zeraora.

Zeraora, the Thunderclap Pokémon

Type: Electric

It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they'll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.

Sora looked back up at Red and the others.

"So what happened after that?" Sora asked.

"The battle went on and it looked like he had us on the ropes when he suddenly retreated," Red explained.

(Flashback, Ash's World)

Zeraora had Red's Charizard and Ash's Pikachu beaten was about to finish them off, but he called Zeraora back into the shadow.

"It looks like that I'll have to finish you off another time!" Salnius said before he waved his hand and disappeared into a void. Red, Ash and his friends were at a loss at the sight.

"Why did he just run away like that?" Brock asked curiously.

"I don't know," Red answered. "But I can tell you he won't get away from me next time!"

"You mean he won't get away from us!" Ash corrected him.

"You're not considering what I think you are?!" Misty questioned.

"If the Shadow Empire wants to have our world that badly, then they have to battle us for it!" Ash stated.

"I can't let you do that, Ash! I mean I appreciate your intention, but I don't want you to be in any danger because of me!" Red said.

"Well I can't just sit back and do nothing!" Ash said. "Besides! It isn't over till it's over!"

"Ash is right. We should help out because we want to protect our home!" Misty agreed.

"And it'll be worth to visit alternate dimensions," Brock added.

"Fine," Red said finall caving in. "But, remember! This isn't a field trip!" Red accessed the device and used it to transfer the four Pokémon trainers and their two Pokémon into Red's homeworld.

(End of flashback)

"And that's how we met Blue and Green," Brock said.

"Ever since then, the six of us chased Salnius all over the multiverse, but he eluded us every time," Blue said.

"And that chase led us into your world," Green concluded.

"There's something that I have been wondering. What's with the black coats?" Ventus asked.

"We found these in one dimension and we used them to hide our identities to keep from drawing attention to ourselves," Misty explained.

That made sense with them.

"He saw Salnius just days ago along with his henchmen. This time, he called out a Moltres and sent it against us," Blue said.

"And the results were the same as last time; he had us where he wanted us and he up and fled," Ash added.

"And not one of you have figured out why?" Mallow asked making the sixsome shake their heads.

"It sounds like he's a coward," Terra said.

"Not as cowardly as you may think!" A dark sinister voice called out. Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Red, Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock all looked around. Red and Ash's teams recognized the voice.

"Salnius!" Red barked out.

Salnius appeared out a dark void along with Jout.

"I may have fled during our last battle, but since it may be the last time we meet, I'll explain to why!" Salnius said. "Every time we call forth a Shadow Pokémon it drains our life energy! The more energy I use, the weaker I get. But that doesn't matter that you know my secret since not one of you is going to live to tell it!"

Sora and his friends all looked at him determined they can beat him.

"Don't be so sure about that!" Sora called out to him.

"You really think you can win? I don't think so," Salnius scoffed. "But let's take this somewhere a little private!" Salnius raised his arms and everyone got sucked into a dark void. Salnius and Jout went into the void and vanishes. Just then Team Rocket shows up with a gadget shaped like a Pikachu's tail.

"That's peculiar," James said.

"What is?" Jessie asked.

"Just a second ago, they were right where we wanted them, but now they're not!" James said. Jessie and Meowth just looked at him like he's an idiot.

"James, that piece of junk is usless just like you are," Jessie said.

"Maybe the Pikachu detector needs a tune-up," James said.

"Yeah and your brain can go for one too!" Meowth said.

"Come on, they're probably far ahead of us by now," Jessie said.

"Right!" James and Meowth both said.

Team Rocket proceeded to search for Sora and the others. Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Red, Blue, Green, Ash, Misty, and Brock along with the Pikachu and the Togepi arrived in a completely different world. It looked like something you would see in an anime that features fictional kingdom, but for some reason it look like it's night all around except there is no moonlight anywhere. Surrounding them were all stone statues of both people and Pokémon; they took a look around and saw that they weren't statues at all! They were all turned to stone. They appear in what looks like a courtyard.

"What the hell happened?!" Kiawe exclaimed.

"Where are we?" Lillie also asked.

"Welcome to the Shadow Empire!" Salnius greeted as he and Jout entered the courtyard. "And now the time has come for all of you to die!" Salnius called forth Zeraora Moltres, Zapdos, and Arcticuno from the shadows. Sora, Red, Blue, Green and Ash all looked at one another. Red, Blue, Green, and Ash removed their black cloaks. Blue wore an outfit like Gary's but mostvare blue. Green wore a blue sleeveless top edge with red around the armholes and waist, a red swirly miniskirt, blue knee socks, red and white pumps, red wristbands and a white sun hat with a red logo. Sora and Ash sent their Pikachu as Red called out his Charizard, Blue called out his Blastoise and Green called out her Venusaur. Salnius grinned evilly. "Zapdos! Shadow Bolt! Moktres! Shadow Fire! Articuno! Shadow Chill! Zeraora! Plasma Fists!" Salnius ordered his Shadow Pokémon. Zapdos fired a black lightning from its body as Moltres sends out black flames from its beack and Articuno sends out black ice from its beak as well. Zeraora's fists become surrounded in light blue electricity and then it slams its fists onto the ground, sending a stream of light blue electricity through the ground and towards the real Pokémon.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora and Ash ordered as their Pikachu fired their attacks blocking Zapdos's Shadow Bolt.

"Charizard! Flamethrower!" Red ordered as Charizard fired Flamethrower blocking Moltres's Shadow Fire.

"Blastoise! Hydro Cannon!" Blue ordered as Blastoise fired highly pressurized water from its water cannons.

"Venusaur! Vine Whip!" Green orange as her Venusaur sent out Vine Whip to hit Zeraora, but the Pokémon dodged and landed a hit on Green's Venusaur. The other Pokémon held on with the legendary birds when the shadow attacks pushed them back. Kairi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Misty, and Brock all watched helplessly as they saw how powerful the Shadow Pokémon are compared to the real ones.

"Pikachu! Use Iron Tail on that Zeraora!" Sora called out as Sora's Pikachu ran and swung at the Shadow Pokémon.

"Block that!" Salnius commanded and it obeyed by blocking the attack with its paw. "Now use Shadow Rush!" Zeraora charged at Sora's Pikachu. He got hit pretty bad. The other Shadow Pokémon did the same with the other Pokémon.

"Pikachu!" Sora called out.

"It's no use! They're just too strong!" Green said.

"What can we do?!" Blue exclaimed.

"We're not giving up!" Ash said.

"Ash is right! We have to keep going!" Sora agreed.

Red had to admit Sora and Ash had a point, but it he had to consider the possibility that they might not survive this battle. Red had to think of something fast. Suddenly, without warning a light blue beam fires from the sky hitting Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, making them fade into Shadows. This of course hurts Salnius as he screams in pain.

"Lord Salnius!" Jout attempted to come to his master's aid only for Salnius to push him away.

"Who would dare interfere with this battle?!" Salnius roared. Lunala descended from the sky with its eyes glowing red. Salnius gritted his teeth. "Lunala! You should have stayed in your own world!"

"This world has suffered enough because of the hands of evil of your empire," Lunala spoke with a feminine voice. "With three of your Pokémon destroyed, you have weakened."

"Maybe so! But I still have one ace up my sleeve!" Salnius said as he raised his hand and Zeraora screams in pain as it incinerated right before the five trainers. "I still have one more Pokémon to use! And it is even mightier than you are! Come forth, my Pokémon! Come to my aid!" Salnius vanishes and reappeared sitting on the head of a Pokémon that everyone definitely recognized. They knew that it was a Mewtwo. But this Mewtwo was much larger. And it was black with the tip of its tail golden yellow and has a large gold shard on its chest.

"Mewtwo?!" Sora exclaimed.

Kairi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua were really surprised by the sight. Misty and Brock shared their shock as well.

"No way!" Ventus whispered.

"He merged with a Pokémon?!" Lana exclaimed in shocked.

"That's what it looks like," Illima said.

"How can that be possible?" Hapu asked.

"It's not," Lillie said.

Salnius laughed hysterically as the Mewtwo imitated his exact movements.

"Not only I can control this Pokémon out of my own free will, but I can merge with it as well! Even at the cost of my own life, I shall kill you all and and bring honor to the Shadow Empire and make every world in existence an extension to the empire! Nothing can stop us!"

"We can!" Sora called out to Salnius.

"Oh? And how do you plan to do that?" Salnius scoffed.

"We plan to throw everything we have at you! You can boast how powerful you want, but no amount of power can overwhelm what we all have; and that is something that you don't have!" Sora called out.

"And why is that?" Salnius asked.

"It's the bond we share with our Pokémon! It's the friendship we forge with our Pokémon! You can never really get that since your Shadow Pokémon aren't even real!" Sora said.

"Real Pokémon are highly overrated! What use are Pokémon that will eventually die?" Salnius said.

"Pokémon may die, but the bond we made with them will live on!" Red said.

"Red's right! I didn't really understand that because of my ambitions to be number-one, but I learned from my past mistakes!" Blue said. "But like Red, I love my Pokémon!"

"They make us stronger and we make them stronger!" Green added.

"And we work together to make that happen!" Ash added.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu nodded.

"Nonsense! Those qualities means nothing to me! Now I'm going to crush you like the insects that you are!" Salnius slammed his hands on the ground only to miss. The Pokémon managed to dodge the attack before it hit. The two Pikachu got onto Charizard's back and flew.

"Blastoise! Blizzard!" Blue ordered as Blastoise fired a blizzard from its mouth on one of the Shadow Pokémon's feet.

"Venusaur! Use Petal Blizzard!" Green ordered as Venusaur fired a flurry of flower petals right at the Shadow Mewtwo.

Shadow Mewtwo fired a series of Shadow attacks right at the Pokémon. They dodged each and everyone of them. Jout watched worriedly as he saw how weak Salnius was getting.

"Charizard! Flamethrower!" Red called out as Charizard fired Flamethrower right on the Shadow Mewtwo's face. Salnius started to grit his teeth and his eyes turned completely red.

"I CAN DEFEAT YOU AND I WILL! EVEN IF IT DESTROYS ME! SHADOW JUDGEMENT!" Salnius raised his arms as Shadow Mewtwo was going to unleash a powerful attack. Ash turns to Sora and nods. Sora nods back.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora and Ash ordered as they fired their attacks. The combined Thunderbolts hits Salnius and Shadow Mewtwo straight on as Salnius screams in pain. The gold shard shatters into pieces. Both Pikachu ceased their attacks as Salnius along with Shadow Mewtwo starts to fade away.

"They did it!" Ventus cheered.

"They sure did!" Mallow chipped in.

"It's over, Salnius! You've lost!" Sora said.

"I may have fallen, but the Shadow Empire lives on! The Shadow King shall have his revenge on all of you yet!" Salnius said as he kept fading.

"We'll beat him too!" Blue scoffed.

"Don't be so sure," Salnius said. "Come to my aid, brother! Avenge me!" Both Salnius and the Shadow Mewtwo had completely faded from existence only for a bolt of black lightning appear before them. He was a large man with a thick beard and mustache with thick eyebrows. He wore a gold crown with rubies engraved all around. He wore a dark purple robe.

"I'm going to guess that's the Shadow King," Sora said.

"King Grevil," Red said.

The face of the true enemy has been revealed. How will Sora, Red, Ash, Blue, and Green beat rhe Shadow King and save their worlds? Just keep reading and find out.