Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Wind of New Beginnings ( Chapter 83 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 83: The Wind of New Beginnings

Where we last left off, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine had all just returned from the Alola region for a vacation and the whole town has arrived just in time to the party in Sora's honor. Team Rocket has some plans of their own to not only swipe Pikachu, but all of his Kairi's and the Alolan nine's other Pokémon as well. Sora is on the stage along with Delia and Professor Oak.

"Thank you all for coming!" Sora said. "I just wanna say that I'm glad to have your support since the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League tournament. I couldn't have won it if it weren't for the support of all of my Pokémon, friends and girlfriend." Kairi and the Alolan nine all waved. "And there's also the support from my cousin, Ven and his friends Terra and Aqua. And for the support of Riku and Naminé." Sora looked over to Riku and Naminé and saw what looks like Naminé's parents. Her father has black hair and wearing a suit while her mother has her blonde hair and blue eyes. They had a Jolteon, a Glaceon, an Umbreon, and a Leafeon standing with Riku's Eevee. "They were all with me in spirit."

"Truer words were never spoken," Professor Oak said. "We are here to honor Sora not his victory in the Indigo Plateau, but for representing Pallet Town for all his hard work!"

"And we all owe Professor Oak a big thank you for hosting this party!" Delia added.

"First, let's all propose a toast to Sora and to all his success!" Professor Oak said raising his glass. The townspeople raised their glasses and they all took a drink. Sora and Pikachu clanged their glass cups together.

"This is some party," James said. "Honoring that little twerp for his win."

"He's not so great," Jessie sneered.

"Then why do we always lose to him?" James asked.

"I hate admit it, but he's right," Meowth groaned.

"Every time we go at it we end up in the loser's circle," James said.

"Let's just face it; we're not real bad guys. We're just clowns," Meowth groaned. "And not even the funny kind."

Jessie whacks them on the head with a paper fan.

"What kind of talk is that?!" Jessie snarled. "We are real bad guys! And we will do what real bad guys do!" Jessie stood there for like a minute or two with a wind blowing by.

"You don't know, do you?" James asked.

"Don't rush me! I'm thinking!" Jessie said.

"That's a shocker," Meowth said under his breath.

Over at the party, Sora and Kairi spent the whole party together.

"Having fun, Kairi?" Sora asked.

"Only if it's with you, Sora," Kairi said. She fork fed her boyfriend a piece of cake. And he did the same with her. "Is that good?"

"It is," Sora said. He kissed Kairi on the forehead. Ventus spent some time playing with Sora's other Pokémon. Muk especially tackled him to the ground in a hug.

"You're very fun to play with, Muk!" Ventus said.

"Muk, Muk!" Muk said.

"I could never forget when we met, Muk," Ventus said. "We both liked each other right away and we've been friends ever since."

"Muk," Muk said.

"And maybe when I have a Muk of my own, maybe you and that Muk will be friends just like we are. And Sora and Pikachu too!" Ventus said.

"Muk, Muk!" Muk said.

Muk gave Ventus another hug. The boy laughed as the sludge Pokémon smothered him. Terra and Aqua both laughed at how well he and Sora's Muk have been getting along.

Over to Team Rocket, they put their plan into action when they began a phony catering job. They had all kinds of Japanese food laced with hot sauce, spicy mustard, and wasabi sauce.

Once everything was ready, Munchlax rushed over to the scene at the very scent of the food.

"No, no, no!" James exclaimed. "That's not for you!"

"Stop! Go away!" Jessie shouted.

"Find another all-you-can-eat buffet!" Meowth yelled.

Munchlax jumps onto the cart and ate all the food there. The big eater Pokémon practically devoured all the food and even all the spicy sauces. Once Munchlax had finished, Munchlax gave off a loud burp bringing attention to Tommy and JP. Tommy and JP saw what was going on and rushed over.

"Hey, Munchlax!" Tommy called out.

"You shouldn't have eaten everything without at least saving some for us!" JP said. "Sorry about that."

"Sorry. Munchlax doesn't know any better," Tommy said.

Team Rocket didn't say anything and the two boys and Munchlax just left.

"Munchlax," Munchlax burped.

"Don't those three look familiar?" Tommy asked.

JP just shrugged his shoulders. For a few minutes, Team Rocket stood their as their plan has just went into the stomach of a Munchlax, who didn't even seemed to be bothered by the spicy sauces on or off their food. James broke the silence.

"Anymore bright ideas?" James asked.

"That was the best I could come up with," Jessie said.

"And with the money we put in this fake catering job, we'll owe double or maybe triple to what we already owe," Meowth said.

"So, let's just skip trying to steal Pikachu for once and just run like hell! Let's head to Johto! The boss will never find us there!" Jessie suggested.

"Good idea!" James agreed.

"For once, you have a great idea!" Meowth added as he and James ran right behind Jessie running as fast as their feet could carry them.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S DASHING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted as they ran.

Sora turns around feeling a slight chill down his spine.

"Did you just hear that?" Sora asked.

"Probably just Team Rocket with another lame brain scheme that's obviously gonna fail," Kairi said. "We shouldn't think about them ruining the party."

"You're right, Kairi," Sora agreed. "We should just enjoy it." Sora placed his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder and kissed her on the cheek.

Kairi giggles at the kiss and she kissed him back. Sora and Kairi rejoined the party and saw his mom talking with someone who Sora hadn't seen in ages. The man talking with his mom has long brown hair and had black eyes. He wore a yellow buttoned shirt and brown pants with black shoes. His wife wore a light lavender dress and a white hat with a blue-green veil around it. And the little girl with them blue eyes, fair skin and brunette hair while her outfit consists of a blue dress and bow. Her dress is paired with a white short-sleeved shirt and blue gem and pink shoes with white knee-high socks.

"Professor Hale?" Sora asked.

The man and his family turned to see Sora and Kairi and smiled.

"Well, look what we have here! Sora! Look at how you've grown!" Professor Hale said. "I haven't seen you since you were this small." He held his hand to his daughter's head measuring the height. He looks over to Kairi. "And you must be Kairi. Delia did say Sora has a girlfriend."

"It's only been three years," his wife said. "I thought you wouldn't remember us."

"I kinda remember you a little," Sora said scratching the back of his head. "The last thing I remember is you moving to Greenfield in Johto." He looks over to the girl next to them. "Hey there, Molly. It's been a long time."

"It was," Molly said. "I kinda remember how funny you are. You always knew how to make me laugh."

"How do you know each other?" Kairi asked.

"I have been a friend of Delia's and Danny's ever since we met in Professor Oak's class," Professor Hale said. "We've been good friends since then, keeping in touch since then."

"I was the one who introduced Danny to Cattleya," Mrs. Hale said. "And the same for Delia and her husband."

"We were disheartened when we heard about the accident. And how hard it is growing up without a father," Professor Hale said sadly.

"Don't cry, papa," Molly said.

"Now, now, Spencer," Mrs. Hale said reassuringly. "You shouldn't think of something tragic at an event like this."

"I know. But I'm just glad to see how well you've done since you began your journey as a Pokémon trainer," Spencer said. "Your father will very proud of you if he was around today." That made Sora smile knowing he was right. "Say Molly, how about you spend some time with Sora, Kairi, and their friends while mama and I talk with Sora's mama."

"Okay papa," Molly said. Molly joined the couple as they joined Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and the Alolan nine along with their Pokémon. Pikachu jumps on Sora's shoulder and Kairi picked Togepi up.

"Hey guys," Sora greeted.

"Glad that you lovebirds could join us," Hapu said. She looked over at Molly standing next to Kairi. "Who's she?"

"This is Molly. Her dad and my mom, dad, and uncle were friends in their younger days," Sora said. "Molly, these are our friends. Lillie, Illima, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, Hapu, Riku, Naminé, Terra, and Aqua."

"Hey there, Molly," Ventus said. "Haven't seen you since you were so little."

"I really don't remember much, but I do remember seeing you in all our pictures with me, papa, and mama," Molly said. She pulls out an old photo showing Delia along with young Sora and Ventus and Spencer holding their two year-old daughter on his shoulder.

"Look at that," Mallow said.

"Even though they're cousins, it's like they're brothers," Aqua said.

"That would be technically accurate," Naminé agreed.

"Those two do look alike," Lana said.

"We all thought the same thing," Kiawe said as Mina nodded.

Everyone laughed as Molly looked around. She looked over to the Pokémon with them.

"Are those Pokémon yours, Sora?" Molly asked.

"Some of them are," Sora said. "And the rest belongs to my amigos here."

Molly walked up to the Alolan nine's Pokémon and was pretty amazed by the alternate appearance of the Marowak and Vulpix.

"I never seen a Vulpix and a Marowak like these before," Molly said.

"What you see here are Vulpix and Marowak from the Alola region," Illima explained. "Kiawe's Marowak is a Fire and a Ghost Type while Lillie's Vulpix is an Ice Type."

Molly went up to Snowy and smiled at the white Vulpix. Snowy looks at Lillie.

"It's okay, Snowy. Molly is a sweet girl," Lillie said.

Snowy allowed Molly to pet her. The white fox Pokémon liked the gentle touch of the little girl. Sora and his friends all watched how gentle Molly is being.

"Look at that," Aqua said.

"At least Molly's first experience with Snowy went better than mine," Sora said as he remembered a Powder Snow in the face. He just shivered at the memory. "Brr."

Molly played with the Alolan Vulpix along with Pikachu, Clefairy, Weepinbell, and Togedemaru. They all watched as they all played. Poipole even joined in on the fun.

"Poi, Poi!" Poipole said.

"Hello. Do you want to play with me?" Molly asked.

"Poipole, Poi!" The purple Ultra Beast responded.

"What kind of Pokémon are you?" Molly asked.

"Poipole," Sora answered. She turns to see him walking up to them. "Poipole isn't really from around here." Poipole sat on his shoulder.

"Poipole sounds like a funny name," Molly said.

"Yeah. But Poipole is a Pokémon," Sora pointed out.

"But Poipole is also cute," Molly said.

"Poi, Poi!" Poipole beamed.

"Glad to see the two of you getting along," Sora said.

"Poi!" Poipole said.

After a few hours, Sora and his friends bid farewell to the Hale family as they set off for home. Riku, Naminé, and Eevee had left for Johto as well. Gladion and Hau did the same thing continuing their journey.

"Wasn't it nice of Professor Oak to throw you this party in your honor, Sora?" Delia asked.

"It is. And I should thank him for it," Sora said. Sora entered the lab and walked up to Professor Oak. "Professor." Professor Oak turned to Sora and smiled.

"Oh, hello Sora," Professor Oak greeted. "Your timing couldn't be perfect."

"What's up, Professor?" Sora asked.

"Well, I had just recieved this mysterious Pokéball in a delivery just a week ago and I have a favor to ask of you," Professor Oak said. He took out what he was talking about. A gold Pokéball with "GS" engraved on it.

"A Pokéball?" Sora asked.

"This particular Pokéball couldn't be transferred over to me, so I was asked to open it, but I had no such luck," Professor Oak explained. "So I thought maybe you can run this important errand for me."

"Okay. What errand do you have for me?" Sora asked.

"I would like you to deliver the GS Ball over to Kurt for me," Professor Oak said. "I would love to deliver it myself, but I'm afraid that I am terribly busy with my research here. And I would have asked Gary, but he had embarked on a new journey just two days before you and Kairi returned."

"Well, okay. But who exactly is Kurt?" Sora asked.

"Kurt is an expert on Pokéball mechanics," Professor Oak answered. "He happens to live in Azalea Town in the Johto region."

"Johto?" Sora asked.

"Yes. And if I understand correctly, that where Gary has went. After his loss at the Indigo Plateau, he did a little soul searching and decided to head down to Johto. He took his Blastoise and five of his other Pokémon with him," Professor Oak said.

"Why would he go there?" Sora asked.

"I do believe it's because of the Johto region's Pokémon League," Professor Oak said.

"Johto has a Pokémon League too?" Sora asked.

"Yes. And I figured that you would compete in that as well," Professor Oak stated. "So I suggest that you register for that while you're there."

"That sounds like a fun experience," Sora said. "And Johto does have some Pokémon that I hadn't caught yet. So why not? I might as well since I'm running the errand for you anyway."

Professor Oak chuckled, "I thought you'd say that. And when you arrive, I suggest you visit Professor Elm. Like Professor Hale, he is a former student of mine. In fact, I will make contact with him and let him know of your arrival."

"Okay, Professor. Anything else?" Sora asked.

"That'll be all for now," Professor Oak said. "Just come by in the morning and you can pick up the GS Ball."

"Okay," Sora said. "I should head home anyway. And thanks for the party." Sora took his leave.

Once Sora had arrived home, he explained to his mother, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's grandmother, and to the Alolan nine about the errand Professor Oak is sending him on.

"Professor Oak is sending you to the Johto region?" Kairi's grandmother asked.

"Yeah," Sora answered. "There's a mysterious Pokéball he wants me to deliver to a guy named Kurt who lives in Azalea Town. He must want his opinion on it."

"Does that mean there's another journey about to begin?" Delia asked.

"It does," Sora nodded.

"And it looks like we'll be tagging along with you as well," Illima said.

Sora was caught off guard with that one. But he knew Illima was right.

"Might as well," Sora said.

"Well, it looks like you're going to need the ten of us to keep you out of trouble," Kairi said. Sora looked over to his girlfriend.

"I agree," Kairi's grandmother said. "It will be a thrilling experience for you to share. But I would like it if you would write to me again."

"I will, grandma," Kairi said hugging her grandmother.

"And we will have to let our families know about our new traveling plans," Mallow said.

Everyone all agreed with that one. On the very next morning, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all headed to Professor Oak's lab to pick up the GS Ball. The Alolan nine did make contact with their families and they allowed them to continue to travel with Sora since they knew they were in good hands. Once they arrived, Professor Oak, Lea, and Isa were there waiting for them.

"Took you long enough," Lea said.

"Came here for the task at hand, professor," Sora said.

"Wonderful!" Professor Oak said. "Here is the GS Ball." Professor Oak handed the ball to the boy. "And here is your new Pokédex as well." Professor Oak handed him his new Pokédex. It was similar to his old one, but it opens from the bottom. "Your new Pokédex has the same features as your previous one. That means you will be able to access your Pokédex and exchange Pokémon when the need should come. And your new Pokédex will be making the same buzzing sound when you have six on your team."

"That's good to know," Sora said taking the new Pokédex.

"But the conditions are the same, so your range will be limited," Professor Oak said.

"Right," Sora said. He gave his new Pokédex a test. He got Aerodactyl, Scyther, and Snorlax on his team. "Well, good to know that still works." He puts his new Pokédex away. When they stepped outside, Delia and Kairi's grandmother were outside waiting for them.

"I'm glad to see my baby is out on a new journey. And just after winning the Indigo Plateau too," Delia said.

"A Pokemon Master's journey is never done," Sora said.

"I understand," Delia said. She turns to Kairi. "Now, Kairi. Make sure Sora stays out of trouble."

"I will, Mrs. Ketchum," Kairi said.

"And don't call me Mrs. Ketchum. Just call me Delia, okay?" Delia asked.

"Okay, Delia," Kairi said. She hugged her grandmother and she hugged her back. "I'll miss you, grandma."

"I will miss you too, dear," Kairi's grandmother said. "But I know you're going to be in good hands." Kairi smiled knowing she was right. "And continue to take care of Togepi."

"I will," Kairi said.

"Ready to go, guys?" Sora asked his friends.

"Pika!" Pikachu said.

"You know it," Sophocles said.

"Let's get the show on the road," Hapu said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Thank you for having us again," Mallow said.

"You've been good hosts," Kiawe said.

"And we enjoyed being with you," Lana said.

With all that said, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all set out for the Johto region to begin the new journey. They went down the road just on a path away from Viridian City. They walked for several hours. They made it towards the famous Tohjo Falls.

"This must be Tohjo Falls," Acerola said.

"The two waterfalls that separates Kanto and Johto," Illima said.

"How are gonna get there?" Hapu asked.

"Why don't we just take to the sky?" Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "Aerodactyl! Come on out!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out Aerodactyl. Sora and Pikachu climbed onto Aerodactyl's back as Kairi did the same thing.

"Hold on tight, Togepi," Kairi said.

"Toge," Togepi chirped.

"Great thinking, Sora," Kiawe said. Aerodactyl flapped his wings and Kiawe and Lillie grabbed the prehistoric Pokémon by the legs and flew over the waterfalls. Once everyone was on the other side of the Tohjo Falls, Sora calls back Aerodactyl when he noticed how tired Aerodactyl is.

"Good work, Aerodactyl," Sora said holding up Aerodactyl's Pokéball. "Rest up." He calls Aerodactyl back. They walked for another couple of hours in the forest.

"We must be in Johto," Lana said.

"But how close are we to the nearest Town?" Hapu asked. Illima took out his map.

"According to the map, we should be near New Bark Town by now," Illima said. "We just travel on this path, and we'll be there shortly."

"But let's take a break first," Sophocles suggested.

"Good idea," Sora said. "I think we need a small break before going forward."

Not wasting any time, they all sat down resting their feet.

"That's what I needed," Mallow said.

"Any more steps, and my feet will fall off," Lillie said.

They all took their break for like twenty minutes when Pikachu's ears perked up.

"Pika!" Pikachu said.

Everyone turned to Pikachu.

"What's up, Pikachu?" Sora asked. The all saw a light blue aura coming from the direction they were heading. Togepi started to walk towards the aura.

"Togepi, don't wonder off," Kairi said following the spike ball Pokémon. Sora pursued as well. The Alolan nine weren't far behind. Sora gasped at the sight. Kairi and the Alolan nine were about to ask what he was looking at when they got their answer.

"Suicune..." Sora said in a whisper.

Suicune is sky blue in color, with white rhombuses around the body and a white belly. Suicune has an aquamarine crest on its head which is in the shape of a hexagram. Behind its crest is a purple mane with supposedly thick, smooth fur. Two white, ribbon-like tails sprout out from Suicune's back and In reverse. It was standing on a small spit of land in the middle of a lake.

"As in the legendary Pokémon, Suicune?" Lillie asked in disbelief.

"It's beautiful," Kairi said.

Suicune turned to see the eleven humans and two Pokémon looking at it. The Pokémon gracefully runs off.

"It's gone," Sora said.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"Come on, we should head to New Bark Town," Illima suggested.

"Yeah. We should make contact with Professor Elm when we get there," Sora said.

Everyone continued onward to New Bark Town. Elsewhere, Team Rocket were somewhere else in Johto as they felt like they're safe.

"That should distance us from any creditors," Jessie said.

"It should," James agreed.

"We better lay low all the same," Meowth said. "We'll never know who we might just run into out here."

"Point taken," Jessie agreed. "Let's go." The dastardly trio started to make their way as Jessie tripped and started to roll.

Not too far, a boy wearing a red shirt placed a Pokéball at the trading machine with another boy.

"So, how about it? My Wobbufett for your Stantler?" The boy asked.

"Fine," the other boy said. Just as they were about to make the trade, a girl with a brown round owl-like Pokémon is sitting on her shoulder. Most of its feathers are brown, but its belly is cream-colored. It has large, red eyes, a small, pinkish beak, stubby wings, and a fan-like tail with three feathers. Encircling its eyes are black rings; the lower rims of the ring have three protrusions that resemble the teeth on a gear while the upper rims have extensions that resemble the hands of a clock. It has two pinkish feet, each with five clawed toes. However, it will typically only stand on one foot at a time and alternates between the two at speeds too difficult to track with the naked eye. "On second thought, I was thinking of trading my Stantler for that Hoothoot!" He dashed off. The first boy was so close to having a trade when Jessie bumped her back to the trading machine and Lickitung's Pokéball lands on the vacant spot on the trading machine.

Unaware that the trade was in progress, Jessie has gained a new Pokéball. She stood up and saw the Pokéball and mistook it for either Arbok or Lickitung and just took it and ran off. The boy grabbed the new Pokéball and let out his new Pokémon.

"Wow! A Lickitung! So cool!" The boy beamed. Lickitung started to lick its new trainer liking him right away.

Back with Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine, they finally made it to New Bark Town.

"There it is! New Bark Town!" Kairi said.

"The town where the wind of new beginnings blow," Illima said.

"We've made it," Sora said. "Let's head down to the Pokémon Center and and give our Pokémon some time to rest. Also to register for the Johto region's Pokémon League."

"You sure about that?" Hapu asked.

"Well, the Nurse Joy here should have that taken care of, and we need directions to reach Professor Elm's lab anyway," Sora said.

"Point taken," Hapu said.

Once they reached the Pokémon Center, they were greeted by the Nurse Joy running the place along with a Blissey.

"Welcome," Nurse Joy greeted. "What can I do that can help you?"

"Well, two things. One, we'll need to have our Pokémon checked up," Sora said placing his three Pokéballs, his Premier Ball, and Beast Ball on a tray. "And second, I would like to register for the Johto region's Pokémon League."

"Of course," Nurse Joy said. "Just hand me your Pokédex please." Sora obliges the nurse as he handed her the Pokédex and she places it in a slot. She types in a few things and a few seconds later, Sora had been confirmed for participation. "There. You have been registered to participate in the Johto region's Pokémon League."

"Thank you, Nurse Joy," Sora said.

"My pleasure," Nurse Joy said. Kairi handed Togepi to Blissey and the Alolan nine all handed their Pokémon to the Chansey there. They made their way to the messhall for some lunch while they waited. Once their Pokémon were a hundred percent, Sora had this to ask.

"Say, Nurse Joy, I was wondering if you could direct us to Professor Elm's lab?" Sora asked.

"Why, I was about to head there myself," Nurse Joy said. "It looks like we're all heading there."

That was a happy coincidence to them, so they all went with Nurse Joy and they were greeted by Professor Elm himself. He is a middle-aged man with short brown hair and grey eyes. He wears some glasses, a white lab coat with two pockets, some brown pants, black socks and brown shoes.

"Nurse Joy. It's good to see you again," Professor Elm greeted. He noticed eleven others with her. "And you brought guests." Sora spoke up.

"I was told to meet with you. I was sent here by Professor Oak back in Pallet Town," Sora said.

"Oh, so you must be Sora," Professor Elm said. "Professor Oak told me you were coming here." He smiles. "And he also told me that you will bring your friends as well."

"We're just happy to be here," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Well, anyway. You came to examine the Pokémon I have here," Professor Elm said.

"That's right," Nurse Joy nodded. "I trust they're ready."

"Of course. Right this way," Professor Elm lead the group through his lab. What caught their eyes were the sight of three Pokémon.

One is a Pokémon resembling a small sauropod dinosaur. It is light green color and their eyes are dull red. Around its neck are tiny buds that have the ability to shoot out into long vines. Its most notable feature's the large leaf on the top of its head. They have four short legs with one toenail on each foot.

Another is a small quadrupedal Pokémon that resembles an echidna. They are covered with a flame-resistant fur that is dark blue in color on its back to its head and light yellow on its underside. There are also four red spots of fur on the back.

And the third Pokémon resembles a blue bipedal crocodile with yellow, V-shaped marking across their chest, red eyes and spikes that go down its back to its has large teeth.

"And here they are," Professor Elm said.

"Are these Johto's starter Pokémon?" Sora asked.

"Yes," Professor Elm said. "This one is Chikorita; a Grass Type." He points to Chikorita. "This one here is Cyndaquil; a Fire Type." He points to Cyndaquil. The Fire Type Pokémon sends out flames from its back. "And finally we have here is Totodile; a Water Type." He points to Totodile. The little crocodile Pokémon almost bites the professor's hand. "Now, now. You shouldn't bite."

"Oh, so cute," Kairi cooed. "All three of them."

"The trainers here in New Bark Town chooses one of these three," Professor Elm explained.

"And if Ven were here, he'd be excited," Sora said.

"I would definitely go for a Chikorita," Mallow said.

"My pick would be a Cyndaquil," Kiawe said.

"And Totodile would be my choice," Lana said.

Sora wasn't surprised to hear that from them since they're Types they go for.

"It kinda takes me back," Sora said. "Remember when we first met, Pikachu?"

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"I sure do," Kairi said. "And you three little cuties will be lucky to have someone like him." Kairi tickles Cyndaquil's belly making the little Pokémon laugh.

"Cyndaquil!" Cyndaquil chirped.

"Chiko!" Chikorita chirped.

"Totodile!" Totodile said.

"So, Sora. Professor Oak tells me that you had won the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League not too long ago, is that right?" Professor Elm asked.

"That's right," Sora answered. "He was the one who suggested that I register for the Johto region's Pokémon League while making a delivery to Kurt down in Azalea Town."

"Oh, Azalea Town," Professor Elm said. "Well, you are well on your way."

"Does the Johto region have Pokémon Gyms to battle here?" Sophocles asked.

"Yes," Professor Elm answered.

"And how many do I have to collect to qualify?" Sora asked.

"You will have to collect eight Gym Badges after defeating the Gym Leaders here," Professor Elm explained. "The first Gym is located in Violet City. And to get there, you will have to make your way through Cherrygrove City."

"Eight badges? Why does that sound familiar?" Sora asked.

Nurse Joy has finishes her examination of the three starter Pokémon and said, "They're all incredibly healthy."

"That's good to know," Professor Elm said.

With that said, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all said their goodbyes to Professor Elm and the Nurse Joy of the local Pokémon Center and took set off to Cherrygrove City.

"Those Pokémon were soooooooo cute," Kairi gushed.

"Yeah. And cool too," Acerola said.

As they continued walking, they all heard a loud cry close by and they saw the head of a small orange bear-like Pokémon. Its head has a mark that resembles a crescent moon on its forehead. It was stuck at a log.

"Oh, a Teddiursa," Mallow said.

"And poor thing is stuck," Kairi said. "He's hurting bad."

"Well, not for long," Sora went inside the log and began pulling the little bear Pokémon. "Hold still. It'll hurt if you keep moving." He pulled and pulled until Teddiursa was free. Sora came out first as Teddiursa's body has a big stubby tail. Teddiursa starts to hug Sora. "Does that feel better, little britches?"

"Ursa!" Teddiursa hugs Sora as he giggles.

"Now let's see what the new Pokédex has to say about you," Sora said as he scans the bear Pokémon.

Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokémon

Type: Normal

This Pokémon likes to lick its palms that are sweetened by being soaked in honey. Teddiursa concocts its own honey by blending fruits and pollen collected by Beedrill.

"Oh, such a cute widdle teddy bear," Kairi gushed.

"Teddiursa!" Teddiursa hugs Kairi.

"Well, we should get going," Sora said. "Nice meeting you, Teddiursa." Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were all taking off when Teddiursa just ran up to Sora clinging to his leg. "You wanna come with me?"

"Ursa!" Teddiursa nodded.

"Well, okay," Sora said as he took out his Pokéball. Teddiursa pushes the button on the Pokéball and flows inside. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. Sora's new Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Teddiursa or send him to Professor Oak's lab. He decides to keep Teddiursa as he sends Aerodactyl over. "You're gonna hang with me from now on, Teddiursa."

And there you have it, Sora and his friends had just arrived in Johto and Sora has made his first catch in Johto. And this concludes the first chapter of this new adventure.