Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Enter Casey the Electabuzz Kid ( Chapter 84 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 84: Enter Casey the Electabuzz Kid!

Not too long after leaving New Bark Town, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all set off to Violet City for Sora's first Gym Battle in the Johto region.

"We've only been in Johto for a short time and Sora has already caught himself a Teddiursa," Hapu said.

"Not bad for a first catch, eh?" Sora said.

"I would say a very cute addition," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge."

"But those Pokémon in Professor Elm's lab were just as cute," Lillie said.

"Pika!" Pikachu said pointing at something.

"What's up, Pikachu?" Sora asks his partner.

They all looked ahead and saw a girl with purple hair and wearing a yellow jacket with black stripes and a white baseball cap also with black stripes and a yellow lightning bolt. She holds a yellow baseball bat with yellow stripes. She wore a teal shirt and white shorts. She has a Chikorita and is wearing a yellow and black striped bandana on its head.

"And up to bat is the crowd favorite hard hitter, Chikorita!" The girl announced as Chikorita spins the leaf on its head. Sora takes out his Pokédex and to get information on the Chikorita in front of them.

Chikorita, the Leaf Pokémon

Type: Grass

In battle, Chikorita waves its leaf around to keep the foe at bay. However, a sweet fragrance also wafts from the leaf, becalming the battling Pokémon and creating a cozy, friendly atmosphere all around.

"That headband makes Chikorita real sporty," Hapu said.

"Let's see how well she handles it," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

A Rattata jumps out the bushes ready to attack Chikorita.

"Just entering the field is Rattata! And Chikorita will knock it out of the park!" The girl announced. "Play ball!" She pointed her bat at the wild Pokémon. "Chikorita starts up with a Tackle attack!" Chikorita charges towards the wild Rattata only to miss. "Chikorita slids on the dirt, but Chikorita is just warming up! Go!" Chikorita lands another Tackle; this time it hits. Rattata falls to the ground dazed. She takes out a Pokéball. "Perfect! Chikorita has landed a home run! This game is over!" She threw it like it was a baseball sending Rattata inside. The Pokéball wobbles around and stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "And Team Casey has won the game! And Chikorita is MVP!"

"Chiko!"

"It's time to celebrate with the Team Electabuzz theme song!" The girl announced. The girl began singing a song.

"We all love Electabuzz no other teams the same! The players charge the field and electrify the game! the pitch and catch and run so quick, their baseball bats are thundersticks!"

"Chikorita return!" The girl said before turning around and glares at the group. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all winced as she began charging in a furious yell.

"Hey! Take it easy!" Sora shouted. She skids to a stop when she gazes at Pikachu.

"I don't believe it! A Pikachu! Yay! Yay!" The girl takes Pikachu off his shoulders and cuddles the mouse Pokémon. "Your Pikachu has such a shiny coat."

"I'd be careful if I were you, because Pikachu is really high voltage," Sora warned her.

"You think Pikachu will really shock me? That's really cool! Come on, Pikachu! Gimmie a taste! Come on! Turn up the juice!" The girl said.

"Pika..."

"Don't even do it, Pikachu! She dosen't know what she's getting herself into!" Sora said.

"Come on, you little rat! Gimmie a jolt!" The girl shouted. Pikachu started to build up even more juice.

"No, Pikachu! Don't do i-!" Sora shouted as both he and the girl both got shocked. They both screamed being electrocuted.

"Bad idea," the girl said in a daze.

"Tried to warn you," Sora said in a daze.

"Thanks a lot," the girl said.

"You're welcome," Sora said before both she and Sora fell to the ground. Kairi ran to her boyfriend concerned.

"Are you okay?" Kairi asked with concern.

"I'm fine," Sora answered.

Both Sora and the girl recovered from Pikachu's shock. She looks over to Sora.

"Sorry about that," she apologized. "I should have listened."

"Don't worry about it," Sora said. "I'm used to the shocks."

"Anyway, my name is Casey, and I'm a huge baseball fan," she introduced herself.

"And what gave that away?" Sophocles sarcastically said under his breath earning a kick on his leg from Hapu. "Ow! What'd I do?"

"Nothing, I just felt like smacking you," Hapu said.

"Well anyway, my name is Sora Ketchum and I came from Pallet Town. And this is my girlfriend Kairi," Sora introduced.

"Hello," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge."

"And the rest of us came from Alola," Lillie said. "My name is Lillie."

"I'm Illima."

"I'm Mallow."

"Kiawe."

"Lana."

"I'm Sophocles."

"I'm Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"Pikachu!"

"Pleased to make your acquaintance," Casey said taking off her basbeball cap bowing her head. "I'm just crazy yellow Pokémon! Especially when they're striped. The Pokémon that I really want is an Electabuzz. I plan on having a dream team of all striped yellow Pokémon!"

"I understand what you mean," Acerola said. "I'm the same way with Ghost Type Pokémon." She took out her Pokéball. "And here's what I mean." She lets out her Mimikyu. The disguise Pokémon looked around and jumps onto Acerola's lap. "Ghost Types all appeal to me." She cackles. "The same way for real ghosts."

Sora, Kairi, and the rest of the Alolan nine all looked at her. Sora just nodded.

"So, why are you into yellow striped Pokémon so much?" Sora asked the girl.

"Because my family has been rooting for the Electabuzz for three generations," Casey said.

"The Electabuzz baseball team?" Sora asked.

"That's right," Casey nodded.

"I thought that theme song sounded familiar," Sora said.

"That explains why you're so full of energy," Kiawe said.

"But, don't they all finish in last place?" Sophocles asked offending Casey.

"Sophocles!" Kairi chided him.

"This season is gonna be different! This is when they're gonna win the series!" Casey stated.

"No way! They all get creamed by the Starmie and Magikarp teams!" Sophocles said. Sora and Kairi saw how angry she was getting.

"Sophocles, shut up!" Hapu said.

"You take that back! You quit bad-mouthing the Electabuzz! They're gonna beat everybody!" Casey hissed.

"They couldn't even beat an egg," Sophocles said. Casey just gasped while Hapu fist conks him on the head and then stretches his cheeks. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Cut it out!"

"I told you to shut up and you're still running your mouth!" Hapu said.

"I was just being honest!" Sophocles defended. "Besides they suck!" That made Hapu stretch his cheeks even more.

"You should never ever say that to a dedicated baseball fan! They're just going to get offended by that remark!" Hapu yelled. "I mean what the hell is the matter with you?!"

Sora and Illima stepped in and stopped it from going too far.

"Okay, break it up kids," Sora said.

"That kind of violence is not acceptable," Illima said.

Sora turned to Sophocles with a stern glare in his eyes.

"You should really think before you speak!" Sora stated.

"I said I was being honest! That's all I said! Next thing you onow, she'll say something about the heavy hitters on the Electabuzz team, but I would have responded with I've seen better swings in a playground!" Sophocles said making Casey growl at his statement.

"THAT'S IT! NOBODY INSULTS MY FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM AND GETS AWAY WITH IT! NOBODY! WE ARE GOING TO SETTLE THIS WITH A POKÉMON BATTLE!" Casey yelled.

"What?!" Sophocles gasped. "But you don't stand a chance against me! I'm more experienced in battle than you are!"

"I don't care how experienced you are! I'm going to cream you like corn!" Casey said. Sophocles turns to Sora for help.

"Sora... help me," Sophocles said.

"Not my battle," Sora said. "And Hapu is right. It's your fault for running your mouth." Sophocles knew he couldn't get out of it.

"With a friend like you, who needs enemies?" Sophocles asked with his cheeks puffed. Both Sophocles and Casey got ready for their battle. "How do you wanna do this?"

"A three on three battle!" Casey suggested.

"Three on three it is," Sophocles accepted.

"Three on three? He just has Togedemaru and Magnemite," Sora pointed out.

"She's new at this, Sophocles," Mallow said.

"Just don't be so rough on her," Lillie said.

"It won't take so long," Sophocles said. "Choose your first Pokémon, Casey."

"The first one is the last one I'm gonna need," Casey said taking out a Pokéball. "Casey plays to deliver the pitch." She threw her Pokéball. "I choose you!" Her Pokéball lets out a Pidgey. Sophocles just smirked at the sight.

"Ooh, a Pidgey. I'm so scared," Sophocles said sarcastically. "How am I ever going to beat that?"

"Stop taunting me and just choose!" Casey called out.

"Fine," Sophocles said taking out a Pokéball. "Vikavolt! Go!" He threw the Pokéball letting out his Vikavolt. The stag beetle Pokémon clamps its mandibles upon entry.

"A Vikavolt?! When did he get that?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Pika..."

"He must have caught it while we were on Poni Island," Lana guessed.

"This won't end well for Casey," Kairi said.

"No," Mina said.

"That oversized bug dosen't scare me! Pidgey! Quick Attack now!" Casey ordered. Pidgey flew fast towards Vikavolt, but the electric bug Pokémon flicks the small bird Pokémon with its shell. Casey gasps. "Pidgey return!" She calls back Pidgey. "Then I'll use the rookie player. I choose, Rattata!" She threw her Pokéball letting out her Rattata. "Rattata! Keep your eye on the Vikavolt and take it out with a Tackle attack!" Rattata charges towards Vikavolt only to be knocked back with its mandibles. Rattata was down and out.

"Two down and one to go!" Sophocles said.

"Oh yeah?" Casey asked calling back her Rattata and pulling out her final Pokéball. "Now stepping up to the plate! Chikorita!" She threw her Pokéball letting out her Chikorita.

"Chiko!"

"Casey is at real disadvantage now," Sora sighed.

"Pikachu."

"I don't think we could convince her to stop even if we wanted to," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge."

"Okay, Chikorita! It's the bottom of the ninth! Vine Whip time!" Casey called out. Chikorita launched Vine Whip around Vikavolt in a tight grip.

"Give it your lightest Thunderbolt," Sophocles said. Vikavolt sends out a light Thunderbolt attack through Chikorita's Vine Whip, but it still did some damage to the leaf Pokémon. Chikorita was knocked out.

"And here it is," Sora said.

"I can't believe it was a total shut out," Casey said starting to cry. "Chikorita, return." She calls back her Chikorita. Sora walks up to the rookie trainer.

"Hey, hey. Don't worry about it," Sora said. "So, you lost. It's not the end of the world."

"Sora's right," Mallow agreed. "We all have bumps on the road from time to time."

"You played a good match even for a rookie," Kiawe said.

"And now that's over, why don't we shake and be friends?" Sophocles asked holding out his hand. "Whaddya say?" Casey looked to him and ran off crying.

"Just leave me alone!" Casey ran off crying. Kairi and Hapu both felt sorry for her. Everyone looked over to Sophocles.

"What?" Sophocles asked.

"It's bad enough that you make fun of her favorite baseball team, but you had to use that Vikavolt of yours as well!" Hapu sneered at him.

"That was overkill on your part," Mallow said.

"Overkill," Mina agreed.

"I was being honest with my opinions! I don't get why you're all so mad at me!" Sophocles said.

"That's right, you don't get it," Sora said. "Sometimes being too honest can hurt someone's feelings. And that's what you did!"

"We're going to find Casey and when we do, you're going to apologize for what you said!" Lillie said.

Everyone set off to find Casey. Hapu called out Mudsdale and Kairi hopped aboard. Casey ran through the woods still crying from her defeat.

"After all the support my family has given me, I don't know how I'm ever gonna face them again!" Casey cried in her thoughts. She tripped and fell. "Daddy. Grandpa. I'm such a loser!" She cried some more. She then remembered the moral support her family had given her. She remembered that she should never give up until it's over. "No! I'm not a loser! Daddy and grandpa would never let me get away with talking myself down like that! I made a promise and I'm gonna keep it! Win or lose, I'm gonna make it to the top! I know the Electabuzz team is gonna win! Watch out, world! Becasue Casey isn't going to be benched!"

"Well, someone regained their fire," Hapu said. She turns to see Hapu and Kairi coming. "Sora would agree if he was with us."

"You two. What are you doing here?" Casey asked.

"We just wanna be sure that you're okay," Kairi said concerned. "What Sophocles said and did was uncalled for."

"Well, he should just apologize to me for what he said," Casey said.

"That's why we came," Hapu said. Casey turned to see her being serious about it. "Sophocles shouldn't have badmouthed your favorite team like that. Even after I told him to shut up." Hapu sighed. "I'd feel the same way if someone said something bad about my grandpa."

"What do you mean?" Casey asked.

"Hapu's grandpa is the Island Kahuna of Poni Island," Kairi explained. "Hapu had always looked up to him her whole life."

"He taught me so much about the land. He's the greatest man I ever known in my life," Hapu said proudly. "Not only that, but he's a pretty good Pokémon trainer; and a damn good one too."

"And I will always root for Sora even if never won a battle in his life," Kairi said.

"Really?" Casey asked.

"It's true," Kairi said nodding. "Sora never backed away from a challenge and he never gives up. He never gave up when he competed in the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League and won."

"He won that?!" Casey exclaimed.

"He did," Hapu said. "And Kairi is right. We'd all do the same thing if he or another trainer named Riku would win or lose."

"Sora worked hard to win the tournament," Kairi said. "So, don't stop rooting for your team and I won't stop rooting for Sora."

Casey was amazed to hear Kairi's boyfriend had won the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League despite him appearing to be the most unlikely one to win.

"You're right. I won't stop rooting for the Electabuzz! I will always be an Electabuzz fan when they win or lose!" Casey proclaimed.

Kairi and Hapu were happy to hear that. Just then, Sora, Pikachu, and the rest of the Alolan nine all shown up.

"Is everything okay?" Sora asked.

"Just fine," Hapu said. "Just giving the rookie a pep talk."

"That's good to hear," Lillie said. "Because someone owes you an apology." Sophocles walked up to her.

"About what I said before, I'm sorry," Sophocles apologized. "What I said about the Electabuzz was below the belt. And my new Vikavolt was overkill. And I wouldn't blame you if you wouldn't accept my apology." He looked around and took a deep breath. "There, I said it."

"I wasn't going to accept your apology at first, but that wouldn't be right," Casey said. "But, I'm glad to hear that you took it back." She held out her hand and Sophocles shooked it.

"There, was that so hard?" Sora asked. Casey turns to Sora.

"Anyway, Sora. I heard about your win at the Indigo Plateau and I was wondering if you would like to have a battle with me," Casey suggested.

"Okay," Sora accepted her challenge. "Let's make it one-on-one. Your first versus my newbie."

"You're on!" Casey accepted. She took out her Pokéball and threw it like a baseball. "Chikorita! Take the plate!" Her Pokéball opens and it lets out her Chikorita.

"Chiko!"

"Okay, Teddiursa! It's your moment to shine!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball. It let out his Teddiursa as he is licking his paws. "This is your first battle, Teddiursa! You ready?"

"Ursa!" Teddiursa nodded.

"Hey, Casey! I won't hold back! And you don't hold back either!" Sora called out to her.

"Gimmie what you got!" Casey said. "Chikorita! Start up with Tackle!"

"Chiko!" Chikorita runs towards Teddiursa.

"Teddiursa! Dodge and use Scratch!" Sora ordered.

"Ursa! Teddiursa! Usra!" Teddiursa avoids Chikorita's tackle and Teddiursa swipes at Chikorita with his claws. "Give it licking with Lick!" Teddiursa starts licking Chikorita.

"Chikorita! Shake Teddiursa off and use Sweet Scent!" Casey ordered. Chikorita sends out a sweet smelling scent and it immobilized the bear Pokémon. "Now use Vine Whip!" Chikorita sends out Vine Whip and it hits Teddiursa right on the mark.

"Teddiursa! Move in with Metal Claw!" Sora ordered. Teddiursa moves in with his claws metalized and charges towards the leaf Pokémon.

"Chikorita! Dodge and use Tackle!" Casey ordered. Chikorita charges and hits Teddiursa hard. Teddiursa hits the ground and gets back up.

"Urs..." Teddiursa starts crying. "URSA!" Teddiursa ran back to Sora and cries hardly.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't cry little one. It's okay, it's okay," Sora said. Teddiursa stops crying and starts sniffling. "I know you can do it, Teddiursa. I believe in you." Teddiursa looked to his trainer and nodded. Teddiursa got back in the battle. "Okay, now use Fury Swipes!"

"Ursa!" Teddiursa ran towards Chikorita pretty fast.

"Chikorita! Stop that Teddiursa with Vine Whip!" Casey ordered. Chikorita sends out a Vine Whip only to miss. Teddiursa dodged the Vine Whip and swipes his claws at the opposing Chikorita. The leaf Pokémon falls to the ground beaten. "Chikorita!" She ran right to her first Pokémon. "You okay?"

"Chikori," Chikorita answered sadly.

"Don't say sorry," Casey said. "You're always MVP in my book." She calls Chikorita back inside. She stands up and walks over to Sora. "I can see why you won that tournament, Sora. You're a pretty good trainer, Sora."

"And I can tell you're going to be a good one too," Sora said. "Just keep working hard and you'll make it."

"Well, maybe we'll battle each other again in the Johto region's Pokémon League one day," Casey said.

"Count on it," Sora said.

"And I hope when I do get my own Pikachu, I can only hope it'll be just as beautiful as yours," Casey said.

"Pikachu!"

"Bye you guys!" Casey said.

"Bye Casey," everyone said as she takes off. Sora had just gained another new rival. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all continued on to Violet City and then stops for the night. Sora and Kairi went somewhere as Sora starts training for his first Johto Gym battle. He sends over Snorlax and Scyther to Professor Oak's lab. He lets out Teddiursa, Poipole, and Silvally, for some training. Sora took out an Electric Memory and gives it to Silvally. The color changes to yellow as Silvally is now an Electric Type.

"Okay guys," Sora said. "Let's get some training done shall we?" Pikachu, Silvally, Poipole, and Teddiursa nodded. "That's what I wanna hear! Silvally! Try Crush Claw on that tree over there!" Silvally obliges and swung the tree mighty hard. A small band of Hoothoot came flying out.

"Hoothoot!"

"What the?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Pika?!" Pikachu also exclaimed.

"Toge, Toge."

Sora took out his Pokédex to get information about the Hoothoot flying away.

Hoothoot, the Owl Pokémon

Type: Normal/Flying

These nocturnal Pokémon are always standing on one foot and it tilts its body in movement. Hoothoot has an internal organ that senses and tracks the earth's rotation. Using this special organ, this Pokémon begins hooting at precisely the same time every day.

"That's one way to keep track of time," Sora said.

"Sora! There's one left!" Kairi said pointing to the remaining Hoothoot. This Hoothoot was different from the others. It is yellow upon appearance and it's a tad smaller.

"A Shiny Hoothoot!" Sora stated. "Better get rhis one! Poipole! Go get it!"

"Poi!"

"Move in with Acid!" Sora ordered. Poipole releases a stream of violet acid from its mouth at Hoothoot. "Now use Venoshock!" Poipole sends out Venoshock right towards the owl Pokémon. Hoothoot charges with a full scale Tackle. "Dodge and use Dragon Pulse!" Poipole sends out Dragon Pulse and it gives the Shiny Hoothoot a good clean hit. Sora took out a Pokéball and threw it. Hoothoot flows inside as the Pokéball wobbles around and around. Stars swirls around it confirming the catch. "Gotcha! Hoothoot is as good as mine."

"A pretty good catch," Kairi said. She gave Sora kiss on the lips. He kissed her back. Pikachu, Silvally, Poipole, Teddiursa, and Togepi looked at the couple sweetly.

"Pikachu."

"Toge, Toge."

They stopped kissing and Sora went back to training.

"Okay, Silvally! Try Multi-Attack!" Sora ordered. Silvally used its signature attack and saw how electrifying it was. Sora decided to test out the rest of the memory disks he hadn't seen yet. He saw how the different colors determined its type. Green meant that its a Grass Type. Lime Green meant that its a Bug Type. Turquoise meant that its a Water Type. Dark Brown meant its a Ground Type. Purple meant its a Poison Type. Maroon meant its a Ghost Type. A grayish color meant its a Steel Type. Pink meant its a Fairy Type. A darker shade of pink meant its a Psychic Type. Black meant its a Dark Type. Orange meant its a Fighting Type. And cerulean meant its a Dragon Type. "You really are full of surprises, Silvally." Silvally tackles Sora to the ground and nuzzles him.

Over to Team Rocket, they were about to have their own dinner in which consisted of old canned seafood.

"Better have everyone enjoy it," Jessie said. She and James had pulled out their Pokéballs and let out Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, and a tall, cyan Pokémon with a soft body. Its eyes usually appear scrunched, and it has a jagged upper has flat arms that are wider towards the tip and four stubby legs at the base of its body. There are two eyespots on its black tail. Team Rocket were stunned by the sight of this new Pokémon. "You're not Lickitung!"

"Wobbufett."

"James, what is this thing?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Just a moment," James said going through his cards and he found what he was looking for. "Aha! This Pokémon is called a Wobbufett! Let's see, it's known as the Patient Pokémon and it's a Psychic Type. Yadda, yadda." James looked at the card going pass the details. "It says here, Wobbufett doesn't do much of anything, but endure attacks." Team Rocket hangs their heads as they sighed. "I just don't know how that happened." Jessie thought for a moment, before she realized that thing she slammed into was a trading machine and she accidentally traded Lickitung for Wobbufett.

"Oh no," Jessie realized hanging her head in defeat.

And it looks like Team Rocket gets a new patient newcomer without realizing it at first until, too late. Let's leave them at this point and move on.