Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ A Buzzwole About Heracross ( Chapter 85 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 85: A Buzzwole About Heracross

It had been days ever since Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all made it to the Johto region. So far, Sora had already caught a Teddiursa and a Shiny Hoothoot.

As they were doing some traveling, a boy in a cap approached the group. "Hey there spikes!" The boy called out. "I came looking for a challenge! And you're it!"

"Um, okay," Sora said. The boy took out a Pokéball and held it out. "How do you wanna do this?"

"Three on three!" The boy proclaimed. "Wooper! Go!" The boy threw the Pokéball letting out a small blue amphibious Pokémon with four purple brances on the side of its head. It also has a large thick tail and curved markings on its belly. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Wooper, the Water Fish Pokémon

Type: Water/Ground

Wooper usually lives in water. However, it occasionally comes out onto land in search of food. On land, it coats its body with a gooey, toxic film.

"So, it's a Water Type and a Ground Type," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "Meaning electric attacks won't work." He pulls out his Pokéball and threw it. "Try this one instead! Hoothoot! Go!" Sora threw it letting out his Hoothoot. Stars swirls around the Pokémon upon entry.

"Hoothoot!"

"That's a cool looking Hoothoot," the boy complemented. "But not cooler than my Wooper. And I'll prove it too! Wooper! Water Gun attack!" Wooper fires Water Gun right towards the owl Pokémon.

"Hoothoot! Dodge and use Tackle!" Sora ordered. Hoothoot charges towards the opposing Pokémon and landed a successful Tackle. "Now use Wing Attack!" Hoothoot flies towards Wooper ready to strike with his wings.

"Wooper! Dodge it and use Scald!" The boy ordered as Wooper fired hot water from its mouth.

"Sora! Scald leaves a burn when it hits!" Lillie called out.

"Hoothoot! Dodge it! Hurry!" Sora called out as the hot water misses and it hits a tree leaving behind steam. "Now move in with another Tackle!" Hoothoot charges towards Wooper.

"Water Gun again!" The water fish Pokémon fires Water Gun again as Hoothoot swerves to the right. Wooper tries again and Wooper swerves to the left. Hoothoot lands a successful hit knocking out Wooper. "Wooper return." He calls back his Wooper. And he pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Okay, Pidgey! Go!" He threw his Pokéball letting out his Pidgey.

"Hoothoot, return," Sora said calling back his Hoothoot. He looks over to Pikachu. "You're turn, Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded as he ran up entering the battle.

"Pidgey! Mud Slap attack!" The boy ordered. Pidgey whips up some mud and sends it towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Dodge and use Quick Attack!" Sora ordered. Pikachu ran across as the bird Pokémon sends out the mud and the attack misses.

"Don't let that Pikachu get away! Aerial Ace!" The boy ordered as Pidgey did a backflip and flew towards Pikachu landing a hit. Pidgey got a nasty surprise soon after. "Pidgey!"

"Yes! Pidgey's paralyzed!" Kairi cheered.

"Toge, Toge!"

"Okay Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora called out. Pikachu let out Thunderbolt shocking Pidgey landing a knock out.

"Pidgey, return!" He calls back Pidgey. "Okay, okay! You're better than I thought. "But try this one out! Go for it, Beedrill!" He threw his Pokéball letting out his Beedrill.

"Okay, Pikachu. Come back," Sora said as Pikachu comes back to Sora's side. He pulls out his Beast Ball and threw it. "Poipole! Go!" The Beast Ball opens and it lets out Poipole.

"Poi, Poi!

"What the?!" The boy questioned. "I never seen that thing before!"

"And now you have!" Sora shot back.

"Well, I'm gonna beat that thing! Beedrill! Fury Attack!" The boy ordered as Beedrill charges towards the Ultra Beast.

"Poipole! Dodge and use Dragon Pulse!" Sora ordered as Poipole sends out Dragon Pulse and it hits the poison bee Pokémon. But it wasn't enough to keep it down.

"Beedrill! Cut!" The boy ordered. Beedrill moves in to deliver a devastating blow to Poipole.

"Poipole! Dodge and use Venoshock!" Sora called out as Poipole sends out Venoshock and it finishes Beedrill off.

"No way!" The boy gasped. "I lost to that thing?!" He calls back his fallen Beedrill. "Not too bad." He said shaking Sora's hand. "You're pretty good."

"Thanks. You too," Sora said.

With that over and done with, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all continued on with their journey. They ventured through a forest. but this section of the forest had trees with blue beetle-like Pokémon. They all had pair of yellow eyes and two clawed arms and all had small antennae with a large horn between them. Some of the horns were T-shaped while others were heart-shaped. They were all on the trees drinking the sap from the trees. They're also sharing the sap with the Butterfree.

"Look at that," Sora said in awe.

"There's a lot of Heracross around here," Kiawe said.

"And they all look like they're enjoying their lunch together," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge."

"Heracross, huh?" Sora asked taking out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Heracross, the Singlehorn Pokémon

Type: Bug/Fighting

Heracross has sharp claws on its feet. These are planted firmly into the ground or the bark of a tree, giving the Pokémon a secure and solid footing to forcefully fling away foes with its proud horn. Its favorite food is fresh tree sap from leafy trees.

"It sure looks that way to me," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu said.

"I've seen Heracross before, but this is the first time that I've seen so many at once," Mallow said.

"Same here," Mina said.

"We should keep going," Sora suggested. "I don't think they'll be happy if we bother them."

"Actually, Heracross are docile Pokémon," Lillie said. "They'll only attack if they're threatened."

Pikachu's ears perked up.

"Pika!"

"What's the matter, Pikachu?" Sora askes his partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu points to the source of the problem. A horde of Pinsir were marching towards the trees and they scare off the Butterfree by clamping their prickled horns..

"Those Pinsir are taking up those trees!" Lillie said.

"And scaring away those Butterfree!" Kairi added.

"This is not your restuarant!" Sora shouted. The Heracross fly off from the tree and they charge towards the invading Pinsir. The stag beetle Pokémon clamps their horns and the Heracross all fly away in fear. Sora hung his head. "Of course."

"Guys! There's one Butterfree left!" Sophocles shouted. One last Butterfree was left behind as they all saw it too frightened to fly away, but at they same time it was too scared to stay. One last Heracross popped up in front of the Pinsir.

"And one Heracross remaining!" Lana added.

The Pinsir began attacking the lone Heracross.

"They're ganging up on him!" Kairi said.

"Toge, Togepi!"

"Not for long!" Sora said. Sora took out a Premier Ball and threw it. "Okay Silvally! Go!" The Premier Ball opens and lets out Silvally. "Now let's use this Fire Memory!" Sora took out the Fire Memory and gave it to Silvally making it intona Fire Type. "Use Crush Claw on those Pinsir!" Silvally used Crush Claw on the invading Pinsir knocking them off the tree.

"That's showing them!" Kairi cheered.

Heracross still has his eyes closed as the last Butterfree flies away.

"Heracross is too exhausted to fly away!" Kiawe said.

"Heracross dosen't stand a chance against that army!" Acerola said.

The Pinsir gets back on the tree to finish what they started.

"No you don't! Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered. Pikachu shocks the Pinsir off the tree making them drop off. Pinsir opens his eyes and sees a Pikachu and an unfamiliar Pokémon helping him. The Pinsir were angry now. They charged towards the two Pokémon for interrupting their meal. "Silvally! Multi-Attack!" Silvally used Multi-Attack on the invading Pinsir. The Fire Type Mutli-Attack sends the Pinsir retreating. "And that takes care of that." He and his friends approach the tree. "You can come down now, Heracross. The Pinsir are gone."

The Heracross comes down and looks at Pikachu and Silvally. The chimeric Pokémon smiles and holds out its claw. Heracross returns the favor by shaking its claw thanking Silvally for the help.

"And the list of friends keeps growing," Hapu joked.

"Hey, that's my line!" Sora said as Kairi and the Alolan nine all laughed. "Well, on the side note, the Pinsir won't be coming back here."

"I'm afraid it's not that simple," a new voice called out. They all turned around and saw what looks like a forest ranger. He had a brown beard. "Those Pinsir will be back. And it won't take too long."

"I don't like the sound of that," Sophocles said.

"Is really as bad as it is?" Sora asked.

"Yes. Those Pinsir has been invading this section of the forest for the last three days," the forest ranger said. "And it's been getting worse with each visit."

"Why is this happening?" Illima asked.

"I'm afraid I don't know," the forest ranger said. "Like I said, it has been going on for three days. The Heracross and Pinsir have been living here in peace. They have their own territory. But for some reason, they have been invading here." He clears his throat. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Woodrow and I'm a ranger here."

"My name is Sora Ketchum," he introduced himself.

"I'm Kairi."

"My name is Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"I'm Mallow."

"The name's Kiawe."

"I'm Lana."

"I'm Sophocles."

"I'm Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"A pleasure to meet you all. I take it that you're Pokémon trainers?" Woodrow asked.

"That's right," Sora said. "Any idea on how they're getting here?"

"They had to be crossing the river to reach here," Woodrow said. "It's the only way they could have gotten here."

Everyone thought for a moment when they suddenly heard some ringing. Sora dug through his pockets and he pulls out a small phone-like device. He opens it and turns it on. Lusamine appears on the screen.

"Mother!" Lillie recognized.

"Lusamine? Hey," Sora greeted.

"I heard that you made it to Johto without a problem," Lusamine said. "It's so wonderful to hear."

"Well, I figured I would hear from you, but it seems pretty sooner than I thought," Sora said.

"Well, it's not a pleasure call, I'm afraid," Lusamine admitted. "Our sensors has just picked up a powerful source of energy not too far from your current position. It appeared approximately just three days ago." Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all looked among themselves fearing the worst. They all knew it was precisely when the Pinsir began invading the Heracross's territory. "Faba has pinpointed the exact location of the abnormality." The map displays on the device as it shows a river of the area. A blue dot indicates Sora's group in one spot and a red dot indicates the opposite side of the forest.

"That's the Pinsir's territory," Woodrow pointed out.

"You don't think it's what we all think it is?" Sora asked feeling worried.

"I hope not. I will make contact with Professor Oak and tell him to prepare for a new arrival just in case," Lusamine said.

"Okay, Lusamine. We'll look into it," Sora said. "And we'll send straight to Professor Oak's lab as soon as we catch it." Lusamine breaks contact and Sora puts the device back in his pocket.

Sora had retrieved the device from Lusamine when he and Kairi were on vacation in Alola. Lusamine told him that she will make contact when an emergency raises. Sora knew that emergency will come whether he wanted or not.

"Anyone wanna fill me in?" Woodrow asked.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all looked at the forest ranger and all nodded.

"Well, what you're about to hear is something you'll find to be unbelievable," Sora said. "I think what driving those Pinsir here is an Ultra Beast."

"Ultra Beast?" Woodrow asked.

"They're Pokémon from another dimension," Lillie said.

"They came here to our world from theirs through wormholes," Kiawe said.

"And they bring trouble with them whenever they visit," Acerola said.

"So we'll have to catch it before it causes any more trouble than it already did," Lana said.

"Lana's right," Sora agreed. "We can't look the other way on this."

"Well, if it is what you say it is, then I should go with you," Woodrow said. "I know these woods like the back of my hand. And wouldn't want you to get lost."

"Good idea," Sora said in agreement . "We wouldn't know where to turn anyway." Kairi and the Alolan nine would have rolled their eyes, but they knew he was right.

They ventured through the woods and came across thick bushes.

"It'll be slow going, the underbrush is pretty thick," Woodrow said.

"I can fix that," Mallow said as she threw her Pokéball letting out her Weepinbell. "Razor Leaf through!"

"Weepinbell!"

Weepinbell used Razor Leaf to cut through the thick floral.

"Good thinking, Mallow," Illima said.

"Thanks," Mallow said.

They proceeded with their mission, unknown to any of them, the same Heracross follows them through the woods.

"The path up ahead is clear now," Woodrow said. "We're through the thickest part of the woods." With that said, Mallow calls Weepinbell back to rest up. They all made it to the river which is located at the bottom of a canyon.

"Look at how deep it is," Sophocles said.

"Yes. It's quite a drop. The Pinsir's territory is just on the other side of this river," Woodrow said.

"Does that mean we all have to climb down and back up?" Sora asked dreading to climb.

"No, Sora. There's an old bridge here. We should be able to cross from here," Woodrow said. He looks to the bridge and saw the bridge is down and is dangling on their side. "Oh no! The bridge! It's gone!" They all looked at the other side and saw a piece of the cliff smashed.

"It had to be that Ultra Beast that did this," Hapu guessed.

"It was probably chasing the Pinsir from there and pounded the earth in frustration sending half the bridge down," Illima theorized.

"Well, that might explain the bridge," Kairi said.

"But the problem is how to get across," Sora finished. They all heard a sound behind them and saw the Heracross from before. "Can't you think of anything other than sucking up sap?"

"Wait a minute, Sora! I think he's trying to help by pushing that tree down for us," Illima said. Sora was skeptical, but he saw the Heracross push the tree. With all his might, Heracross pushed the tree down. Everyone moved out of the way before the tree came down and at the same time made a new bridge.

"That definitely did it," Kiawe said.

"Now we can cross," Sora said.

Kairi took off her backpack and puts Togepi inside it.

"It'll be safer in here, Togepi," Kairi said.

"Toge."

One by one, they all slowly crossed the bridge not wanting to fall off. Woodrow, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all managed to get across.

"That went well," Sophocles said.

They all turned to Heracross wanting to thank the beetle Pokémon, but Heracross was helping himself to some sap.

None of them were surprised by the fact, Heracross had only pushed down the tree just for a snack. The continued on with their mission. Heracross had his fill and followed them.

"We should keep our eyes open," Hapu said. "That Ultra Beast might show up at any moment."

Everyone all agreed with her. They all looked around and saw some signs of its presence. Some trees broken in half and boulders smashed.

"Any idea what kind of Ultra Beast are we dealing with?" Woodrow asked.

"The only way we're gonna know if it shows up," Lana said.

"And we wanna see it before it sees us," Lillie said.

As they went down deeper and made it to the biggest tree in the forest, Woodrow could sense something amidst.

"We've made it to the Pinsir's tree," Woodrow said. "But something dosen't feel right."

Woodrow's worries were confirmed when they heard some rustling not too far from them. They all heard loud buzzing sounds. The buzzing grew louder and louder as they all knew it was getting close. They all saw what they were looking for. This creature resembles a red muscular anthropomorphic mosquito. Its head is small and flat with a black ridge up the center. It has two red compound eyes with two black, spherical basal joints for its red and black antennae between them. Protruding from under these joints is a long, silver proboscis. It has many bulging muscles that appear to be sacs full of red fluid with small white bubbles inside. There are three sacs on each arm, two on each leg, two on its chest, and several on its shoulders and down its back. Around its waist are three rings of smaller sacs. The muscles on its chest and some on its arms and waist have thin, grayish lines resembling tendons running across them. It has large, five-fingered hands with red knuckles and four pointed legs. There are several black spikes on its body: a small one on each side of its head, two on each shoulder, one on each elbow, and one on each leg. The portions of its body between its muscles are dark red or black. On its back are two pairs of pale orange wings with slightly darker veins.

"Pika!"

"What is that thing?!" Woodrow asked. Sora took out his Pokédex to identify the creature.

Buzzwole, the Swollen Pokémon

Type: Bug/Fighting

This Ultra Beast shows off its body, but whether that display is a boast or a threat remains unclear. This Ultra Beast is so strong, it can punch through any heavy machinery with a single punch.

"It is an Ultra Beast!" Sora exclaimed.

"And that's what's been scaring the Pinsir!" Illima said. "Buzzwole is the Ultra Beast that we're after!"

"The Pinsir only came to the Heracross part of the woods because they were scared and hungry," Kairi pointed out.

"Because they probably saw what it could do because they knew not one of them stood a chance against it," Lillie said.

"Well, we came this far," Sora said taking out Silvally's Premier Ball and throwing it. "Silvally! Go!" Silvally enters the battle. Sora took out the Flying Memory. "Since Silvally is a Bug Type and a Fighting Type, lets see how it handles this!" Sora threw the Flying Memory towards Silvally making it into a Flying Type. "Okay Silvally! Multi-Attack!" Silvally jumps towards the red Ultra Beast and used the Flying Type Multi-Attack. That seems to have hurt it.

"It's working!" Sophocles cheered.

"Good thinking on making Silvally a Flying Type!" Mallow said.

"But I don't think it's enough to bring it down," Woodrow pointed out. They all saw that the red Ultra Beast was still standing. Buzzwole flexed its muscles and its body became surrounded by light blue energy. Buzzwole strikes at Silvally.

"That was Superpower!" Kiawe gasped. Buzzwole moved in with its proboscis and hit Silvally clean.

"It just used Lunge," Lillie said.

The Ultra Beast didn't waste any time beating Silvally silly. It was about to finish Silvally off with a singal blow of its fist when suddenly, Heracross came and blocked the punch with his Horn Attack.

"Heracross," Sora simply said. "He came to help Silvally."

Heracross gave Buzzwole some beatings. The Ultra Beast tries to fight back, but Heracross was too quick for it. Buzzwole kept swinging and swinging and everyone saw how fast Buzzwole is getting exhausted. Silvally slowly got back up.

"Keep it up!" Kairi cheered.

"Toge, Togepi!"

"That's great Heracross!" Sora said. He looked over to his Silvally. "You still good to go?" Silvally nodded. "Great! Multi-Attack!" Silvally delivered its signature attack again and it was enough to bring Buzzwole down. Seeing his opportunity, he takes out a Beast Ball and threw it at the beaten Ultra Beast. Buzzwole flows inside and the Beast Ball starts wobbling around and around. Everyone waited anxiously to see if Buzzwole would stay inside. Stars swirls around the Beast Ball confirming the catch. "Target captured." Sora picked up the Beast Ball. He accessed his Pokédex and sends Buzzwole straight to Professor Oak's lab. He pulls out his device and makes contact with Lusamine.

"How did it go, Sora?" Lusamine asked.

"It was a bit more challenging than I thought," Sora answered. "But, Buzzwole has been successfully captured. Professor Oak should transfer Buzzwole to you shortly."

"Thank you and congratulations on your successful capture," Lusamine said. "I will contact you again when the need comes, so just be ready."

"I will," Sora said before he broke contact.

The Pinsir all came and saw what they were running from is now gone.

"The Pinsir are coming home," Lana said.

"Now that Buzzwole is gone, the Pinsir will now won't cross the river just to get something to eat," Kairi said.

"That's right, Kairi," Woodrow agreed. "The balance of nature has been restored. Things are back to the way they should be."

Heracross walks up to the group smiling.

"I don't think we would have caught that Buzzwole if you hadn't come along," Sora said. "But you helped Silvally and I have to be grateful for that. So what I wanna say is thanks, Heracross."

"Heracross!"

"Well, we should get going," Sora said. "Violet City isn't going to find itself."

They all said their goodbyes to Woodrow and the Heracross as they continued on with their journey. Woodrow wished Sora luck for his Gym battle. Just when they made it far out of the wodds, they were unaware at first, but Heracross was follfollowing them.

"Heracross?" Sora asked. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?"

"Heracross, cross, cross," shook his head.

"I think Heracross wants to be with you, Sora," Kairi said to her boyfriend.

"Is that right, Heracross?" Sora asked.

"Heracross," Heracross nodded.

"Then welcome aboard!" Sora said as he threw a Pokéball right at Heracross as he flows inside upon making contact. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Gotcha Heracross."

"Pi, Pikachu!"

Now Sora had another new addition to the team, he was lucky to have a new Pokémon to come along and help save the day and Silvally from an assaulting Buzzwole. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all continued on with their journey and to reach their destination for Sora's first Johto Gym battle. But what other surprises awaits our friends on the road ahead? Just wait and see.