Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Roll On, Pokémon ( Chapter 86 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 86: Roll On, Pokémon

A few days came and went since Sora had added Heracross to the team, and they continued on with their Pokémon journey. The group made a stop for some lunch. Sora had let out Silvally, Poipole, Teddiursa, Hoothoot, and Heracross. Five out of six of Sora's Pokémon enjoyed the Pokémon food Kairi had made while Heracross happily enjoyed some tree sap.

"Heracross isn't wasting any time with that tree sap," Sora commented.

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

"Well as they say, you can take the Pokémon out of the wild, but you can't take the wild out of the Pokémon," Kairi said.

"Yeah, that's true," Sora said taking a bite of the sandwich Kairi had made for him. "Very, very good as always."

"Just happy to see you enjoy it so much," Kairi said. "You would be nothing but skin and bones if I hadn't come along."

"Technically, I came along," Sora said. "I came to your rescue in your hour of need."

"My point exactly," Kairi said.

Sora blushed as the Alolan nine all laughed. Just as they were enjoying their meal they all heard rustling in the bushes.

"You guys hear that?" Lana asked.

"I definitely heard it," Mallow said.

More rustling came as they turned to see the bushes move around. They all saw it a small. lue elephant-like Pokémon. It had red pads on its floppy ears and a pad on its trunk. It also has one toe on each foot.

"A Phanpy," Lillie said.

"Oh, so cute! Look at those ears!" Kairi cooed as Sora chuckled and took out his Pokédex.

Phanpy, the Long Nose Pokémon

Type: Ground

For its nest, Phanpy digs a vertical pit in the ground at the edge of a river. It marks the area around its nest with its trunk to let the others know that the area has been claimed.

"Wonder what its doing here," Sora said.

"It must have gotten lost," Sophocles guessed.

"That makes sense," Illima said. "It must be a baby looking for its parents."

"And they must be looking for it," Acerola said.

Phanpy ran up to Sora and tugged on him.

"Or maybe he just wanna play," Sora said. He gently grabbed the small elephant Pokémon by the tail making him squeal. "Thought so."

"Pika," Pikachu said.

Phanpy tugged on Sora again. Phanpy received no response so he tugged him again. Sora gently grabbed Phanpy by tail making him squeal again as he ran around only to trip. "You alright, Phanpy?" Phanpy looked up smiling. "You're okay, you're okay." Sora picked Phanpy and gently placed him down. He patted the little elephant Pokémon on the head. Then he got tackled by a gray, elephant-like Pokémon with a thick, black band of hide running down the length of its back and extending to the tip of its long trunk, resembling a car tire. It also has a pair of white tusks and has thin, elongated ears held out almost perpendicular to its body. Its four short legs are each encircled with a broken, black band and have three claws. "Ow!"

"Sora!" Kairi gasped as she ran up to her boyfriend.

"Who did tha-?" Sora was cut off when he saw two of the same Pokémon, but the second one had smaller tusks than the one that attacked him.

"Donphan," Hapu said. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the two Pokémon.

Donphan, the Armor Pokémon

The evolved form of Phanpy

Type: Ground

Donphan's favorite attack is curling its body into a ball, then charging at its foe while rolling at high speed. Once it starts rolling, this Pokémon can't stop very easily.

"I'm lucky that didn't kill me," Sora said trying to stand up. "Ouch."

"Try not to move so much, Sora," Kairi said. "You're hurt."

"I'm fine. I'm fine," Sora said trying to stand up. He manages to succeed. "See? A-ok!" Sora gave a thumbs up. Mina called out her Clefairy.

"Heal Pulse," Mina ordered. Clefairy used a pulse of pink energy on Sora healing completely.

"Ah! Much better," Sora said in a relaxing tone. He turns to Mina and Clefairy smiling. "Thanks Mina."

"No problem," Mina said.

The Donphan with the smaller tusks takes Phanpy with its trunk and sets Phanpy down. Both Donphan stood their ground.

"I'll take it those are the parents," Lillie said. "They must have thought we were poachers and they were protecting their young."

"That could be it," Mallow agreed.

"That's exactly what it is you thieves!" A female voice called out! They all saw a young woman a dress that resembles one in ancient times and wore an orange bandana on her head. She also wore a necklace with some sort of stone. "I should turn you over to Officer Jenny for trying to steal one of my Phanpy!"

"Wait! It's a misunderstanding!" Sora said waving his hands. "We didn't know that one belongs to you! Honest!"

"We all thought it was a wild Phanpy," Lillie added.

"But we were going to help search for its parents," Kiawe said.

"Because we thought we thought he was lost," Kairi said.

"So, what you're saying is Phanpy just wondered right into your group?" the girl asked.

"Uh-huh," Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all said.

The girl sighed, "That dosen't surprise me. This little Phanpy has an act for wondering away from the herd. And sorry for accusing you like that. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that. And sorry for sending Donphan for attacking you." She bowed her head in forgiveness.

"It's okay," Sora accepting her apology. "Not the first time we were wrongfully accused." Sora remembered when they accused when they almost picked some grapefruit without asking first.

"Anyway, my name is Rochelle," she introduced herself. "And I would appreciate that you don't catch any Phanpy or Donphan here, since they all belong to me."

"Not a problem," Sora said. Illima noticed the stone on Rochelle's necklace. "I'm Sora. And this is my girlfriend Kairi."

"Pikachu."

"Hello," Kairi said.

"I'm Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"My name is Mallow."

"I'm Lana."

"I'm Kiawe."

"My name's Sophocles."

"I'm Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"Is that what it looks like?" Illima asked.

"Oh, that would be Amberite," Rochelle said.

"Amberite? What's that?" Sophocles asked.

"It is a gemstone," Illima answered. "Amberite is highly valuable. It was worn by royalty just like gold and diamonds."

"Whao," Sora simply said.

Rochelle explains to the group after the Phanpy evolves into Donphan, they're trained to find Amberite and supply it to artists and craftspeople living in the area to make statues and jewelry.

"I should be going. And again, sorry about attacking you like I did," Rochelle said. "Goodbye."

"See ya," Sora simply said as she her two Donphan and their Phanpy took their leave. Phanpy took one last look and followed not wanting to get into trouble again.

Elsewhere, two men wearing orange ranger jumpsuits. One had brown hair and brown eyes and a big nose He also had dark tan skin. Another had light skin and he had red hair and red eyes. Both appear to be carrying two wooden boxes. The one with the red hair nearly tripped over a small rock and almost dropped the box. The one with brown hair turned to him.

"Be careful, Jake!" The brown haired man said. "The explosives are very sensitive."

"Sorry, Kearny. It was that damn rock in the way," Jake said.

"I don't care what excuse you have! We can't afford another fiasco like that one time in Fallarbor Town way back," Kearny said.

"I know, I know. I wanna forget about that experience just as much as you do," Jake said. "But when we get ourselves a shitload of that Amberite, we can start living the high life!"

"Damn right!" Kearny agreed. The two men laughed as they carried on with their operation. Unknown to the two of them, they were being followed by Looker disguised as a forest ranger. It turns out he had been on Kearny and Jake's trail for the last few days.

"Just gotta get them before they light the fuse," Booker said in his thoughts. They proceeded with his undercover work.

Prior to the Pokémon League tournament, he went undercover into Team Rocket's operation in Celadon City in which ultimately ended in a raid by not only the international police, but the local police as well. Many of the Team Rocket members were arrested and the Pokémon they have been trafficking were returned to their rightful trainers.

The international police first caught a whiff of Kearny and Jake's bombing operations in which they blow up mountains in pursue of rare and valuable gemstones; causing casualties in their jobs in which was viewed as a terrorist act and nearly succeeded in their plan in Fallarbor Town when the local authorities caught them in the act and almost apprehended them. They wore disguises to avoid detection from law enforcement; but unfortunately for them, that didn't work on Looker.

Elsewhere in the valley, Rochelle is by a river with two of her Donphan and the Phanpy. She had been training Donphan sniff out Amberite once after they evolved from Phanpy. And she had many Phanpy and Donphan in the valley so she didn't have sufficient time to train them all.

"Ready to try, Donphan?" Rochelle asked. Both Donphan nodded. She held her necklace to the trunks of the elephant Pokémon. "Okay, this is Amberite. Give it a good sniff. The Donphan sniffs the Amberite. They proceeded with their training while Phanpy his parents and their trainer.

Somewhere in the mountain, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all decided to stick around and have a look around. They thought maybe Rochelle didn't mind them doing that just as long as they weren't trying to catch any Phanpy or Donphan.

"This valley looks really nice," Mallow said. "So beautiful."

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Hapu said. "It's no Poni Valley, but still pretty nice."

"Well, I can see why those Phanpy and Donphan like it here," Sora said as he spotted several more Donphan with their young. The Donphan were teaching the Phanpy to charge when necessary to defend themselves from not only for danger, but for when they are choosing a mate.

"I see what you mean," Kairi said. She spotted two Donphan fighting each other. Sora, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all saw the two Donphan rolling into each other. They locked into each other until one pushes the other back. One with smaller tuskes walks up to the winner. "A good place to live and raise a family."

"We should keep looking around," Lana suggested.

"Great idea," Sora said. "Let's keep moving." The group kept going as they spotted some Phanpy practicing their rolls when one of them struck a nearby tree. The Phanpy that strucked the tree then started to evolve. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all marveled at the evolution. Once the evolution was done the newly evolved Donphan rolled into the same tree knocking it down.

Back with Kearny and Jake, they came to a mountain wall and spotted a good place to plant the explosives.

"This spot should do," Kearny said setting his box down. Jake did the same thing. There were several sticks of dynamite and a clock to set the time.

"Just gotta set the time and that Amberite is as good as ours," Jake said.

"That's what you think!" Looker called out from behind. Kearny and Jake turn around and see Booker standing there. He takes off his disguise and points his finger at them. "You two stop what you are doing and come with me!"

"And who the hell are you?!" Jake snapped at him.

"The name's Looker! ooker as in I have been looking for you; and I'm going to book you two for possession of dangerous explosives and terrorism," Looker stated. He takes out his Pokéballs and threw them to let out Growlithe and Arcanine.

"I don't think so!" Kearny said as he and Jake took out two Pokéballs as well. They threw them to let out four kinds spider-like Pokémon. Three of them were Dewpider. Three are small and green. They have black eyes with white pupils, a white horn on their foreheads, and a pair of red mandibles. On their backs of their abdomen is are two black dots and a line that resemble a face. There is an additional line encircling the end of its abdomen. It has three pairs of yellow legs, each with a black band around the middle. Three are red and has purple eyes, a pair of whitemandibles a white horn on its forehead. Around their abdomen are two black stripes and there are two black spots and a yellow spinnerret on their rears. The spots and spinneret together form a pattern similar to a face. It has four yellow legs with two purple bands each; on its back are yellow structures similar to its legs with a single purple stripe each. Its feet are tipped with tiny hooks that allow it to climb ceilings and vertical walls. And there were three that had bubbles on their heads like Dewpider, but larger. The majority of its body is dark gray with accents of yellow green and light brown. It has large, blue eyes with a paler wavy line through the centers. Above its eyes are light brown markings similar to eyebrows. It has three pointed, blue bumps on top of its head and four fang-like projections underneath. Both the bumps and its eyes are capable glowing. Their abdomens were a light brown stripe down the center of its back with two horizontal lines crossing it. There are several light brown extensions at their neck that flare out and connect to the bubble around their heads. At the end of their abdomens is a light green spinneret. They all had six light green legs with opaque bubbles around the joints. The tips of its legs are dark gray.

"Spider Web!" Kearny and Jake ordered as the spider Pokémon all fired thick white fluids from their mouths. The thick thread entangled Looker and his Pokémon as the thread came too fast for Booker.

"Dammit! It's so thick!" Looker exclaimed.

Kearny and Jake both laughed.

"That should hold ya," Kearny said.

"What do ya reckon we do with him?" Jake asked.

"I'll think of something after we're done here," Kearny said. "But just to make sure nobody else gets in our way, we'll have Spinarak, Ariados, Dewpider, and Araquanid around to keep anyone or anything else snooping around."

"But there might some other people in the valley too," Jake pointed out. "What if they get caught in the blast?"

"You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs," Kearny said as he laughed. Kearny and Jake sent their Pokémon all around the valley. The spider Pokémon fired the sticky thread at the Phanpy and Donphan keeping them from escaping.

The Araquanid eventually reached Rochelle as as her Donphan reached a spot to retrieve some fresh Amberite.

"You Amberite?" Rochelle asked. Both Donphan nodded. "Great!" She looks back to Phanpy. "Stay with me where it's safe, Phanpy. Don't want you getting hurt."

"Phanpy, Phanpy!"

"Okay, Donphan! Rollout!" Rochelle ordered. The Donphan rolled straight into the mountain shattering the mountain. Amberite of many colors came raining down from the shattered rock. "Great!" She started to gather up the Amberite pieces inside the bag. Just as she picked up the last piece, she heard her two Donphan shriek and turned to see them in a web. "Donphan!" She turns to see the culprits. The Araquanid fired their threads towards Rochelle. She ducked out of the way and ran off. Phanpy ran off into the bushes not wanting to get stuck.

Meanwhile, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were all taking a small break when the Spinarak came across them. They stopped for a snack break with Sora enjoying the food Kairi had made.

"Tasty as ever, Kairi," Sora said taking the last bite of his sandwich. "The sauce you made is the best that I ever had!"

"Thanks Sora. I'm just happy to see you enjoying it," Kairi said. "Also, that sauce is your mom's recipe."

"Well, Sora's right. The sauce is very good," Lillie said.

"We could use this in my family's restuarant," Mallow added.

Just when everyone was about to take their leave, Pikachu's ears perked up.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked. He saw the three Spinarak approaching them. "PIKA!" Everyone turned to see the Spinarak sending out they thread. Sora pushes Kairi out out the way in time. The Alolan nine weren't so lucky as they got caught in the sticky silk.

"You okay, Kairi?" Sora asked worried. "You're not hurt are you?"

"I wouldn't be if it weren't for you, Sora," Kairi said. That made him feel better.

"Hey Sora! Help!" Sophocles shouted. The couple and the Pokémon turn to see their friends tangled in the huge web.

"What happened to you guys?" Sora asked.

"Those Spinarak did this to us!" Acerola said. Sora and Kairi turned to see the small spider Pokémon looking at them. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned them.

Spinarak, the String Spit Pokémon

Type: Bug/Poison

The web spun by Spinarak can be considered its second nervous system. It is said that this Pokémon can determine what kind of prey is touching its web just by the tiny vibrations it feels through the web's strands.

"What you got in your web is our friends!" Sora shouted to the Spinarak.

"Why would you do that?!" Kairi asked.

"Pika!"

The Spinarak fired their thread again making them run for it. They chased after Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and Togepi.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt! Now!" Sora ordered. Pikachu sent out Thunderbolt right at the spider Pokémon shocking them. They started running not wanting to deal with the shocks again. "That was close." He looks over to his partner. "Think you can cut them loose?"

"Pika," Pikachu nodded. Pikachu used Iron Tail to cut the sticky thread allowing the Alolan nine to be free.

"Thanks for the save, Sora," Kiawe said.

"You would have done the same for me and Kairi," Sora said.

"But what was that about?" Sophocles asked.

"Those Spinarak just spat out their webs at us. What gives?" Lana said.

"I don't know, but we're going to find out. Let's start by asking Rochelle what's going on," Sora said. Kairi and the Alolan nine agreed and went off to find her. They went through the valley trying to figure out what was going on, they all saw several Phanpy and Donphan tangled up in webs.

"This is terrible!" Mallow said.

"Who would do such a thing?" Kairi asked.

She and the others got their answers when they spotted Dewpider and Araquanid in the area.

"Dewpider and Araquanid? Here?" Lana asked. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned Dewpider's evolved form.

Araquanid, the Water Bubble Pokémon

The evolved form of Dewpider

Type: Water/Bug

It has a habit of storing things it values in its water bubble. Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.

"Well, these Araquanid are doing the exact opposite of help," Sora said.

"Absolutley," Illima agreed, "they must have been ordered to do that."

Just as they about start looking for whoever is responsible for this, the same Phanpy from before ran towards the group.

"Phanpy?!" Everyone exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" Sora asked.

"Wait a minute, Sora. This might not be the Phanpy we know," Kiawe said. Phanpy opened his eyes and tugged on Sora's jacket. "I stand corrected."

"Phanpy! Phanpy! Where are you?" Rochelle asked coming through the shrubs. She spotted the group from before. "It's you again."

"Rochelle, good timing because we were looking for you," Kairi said.

"What is going on here?" Hapu asked.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Rochelle said. "Three Pokémon I haven't seen before webbed my Donphan and it's going on everywhere."

"Did they look like one of these?" Sora asked as he shown her the images of Dewpider and Araquanid to her.

"It was those," Rochelle said pointing to the Araquanid on the Pokédex.

"We just saw some. And some Spinarak too," Sora said.

"Spinarak too?! But Spinarak doesn't live anywhere around here," Rochelle said.

"And neither do the Dewpider and Araquanid," Lana said. Sophocles turned and got wide-eyed.

"And neither do those, right?" Sophocles asked. Before they could ask what he means the Ariados fired their thread at the group.

"No way! Freaking Ariados too?!" Kiawe yelled. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Ariados in the tree.

Ariados, the Long Leg Pokémon

The evolved form of Spinarak

Type: Bug/Poison

Ariados's feet are tipped with tiny hooked claws that enable it to scuttle on ceilings and vertical walls. This Pokémon constricts the foe with thin and strong silk webbing.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Sora said taking out his Premier Ball and throwing it. "Go Silvally!" The ball opens and lets out Silvally. Sora took out the Fire Memory and threw it to make Silvally a Fire Type. "Multi-Attack!" Silvally performed Multi-Attack hitting the Ariados. They fell out the tree and retreated. "That should scare them off." Sora removes the Fire Memory and calls Silvally back.

"We should follow them," Acerola suggested.

"That's a good idea," Rochelle agreed. "Whoever sent those Pokémon to attack my Phanpy and Donphan isn't going to get away with this!"

They followed the Ariados in the valley. The Dewpider and Araquanid followed the Ariados and they caught up with the Spinarak. The group followed the spider Pokémon right to Kearny and Jake with Looker still in the webbings.

"Isn't that that guy we met in Porta Vista a while back?" Kairi asked.

"I think so," Sora remembered. "Those guys are new to me."

"What are they doing?" Lana asked.

"And what is that thing?" Lillie asked.

They turned to see the spider Pokémon and Jake winced when he saw his Spinarak and Ariados in bad shape.

"What happened to you?" Jake questioned.

"Did those Donphan do this?!" Kearny exclaimed.

"I don't think it was them," Jake said. "Some other cop must be here besides this guy." Both Kearny and Jake looked at Looker.

"I know what you're thinking, but you couldn't be anymore wrong," Looker said. "I'm the only cop here."

"Whatever, because you're not going to stop us from blowing up this mountain and gathering up the Amberite," Kearny said.

"Blow up the mountain?!" Rochelle exclaimed. "I won't allow that!" She ran towards the bombers. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine couldn't let her go alone so they went with her. "Stop right there!" They turned to face the group glaring at them. "Just who do you think you are webbing my Phanpy and Donphan and then blowing up my valley?"

"We do whatever we can to get what we want to be filthy stinking rich," Kearny said.

"And we don't care if who gets hurt, because we feel damn good about it!" Jake added.

"Well, you're not going to feel good after we get done with you guys!" Sora stated as he turns to Pikachu. "You ready Pikachu?"

"Pika!"

"Great! Poipole! Heracross! Silvally! Teddiursa! Hoothoot! Go!" Sora shouted as he let out his whole team.

"Count me in, Sora!" Kiawe said as he threw his two Pokéballs. "Turtonator! Marowak! Go!" His Pokéballs opens and lets out Turtonator and Marowak into battle.

"Me too!" Lana said taking out her Pokéball. "Cloyster! Go!" She hurled it letting Cloyster out to battle.

"Tsareena! Weepinbell! Go!" Mallow shouted letting out her Grass Types.

"Vikavolt! Go!" Sophocles shouted throwing his Pokéball and letting out Vikavolt.

"Join on in, Mudsdale!" Hapu shouted throwing her Pokéball.

"Clefairy, Shiinotic! Go!" Mina said letting her Pokémon join the battle.

"Let's join the party, Mimikyu!" Acerola said letting out Mimikyu.

"You too Bewear!" Illima said letting out Bewear.

"You too, Snowy! Ponyta!" Lillie shouted letting out her Pokémon.

Kearny and Jake looked at the Pokémon feeling unsure if they would win, but they went going to back down.

"It's going to take more than an army of Pokémon to take us down!" Kearny shouted. "Dewpider! Araquanid! Frost Breath!" The Dewpider and Araquanid blows out a cold breath with sparkles from their mouths.

"Spinarak! Poison Sting! Ariados! Night Shade!" Jake ordered as Spinarak fired Poison Sting from their mouths and Ariados let out Night Shade from their eyes.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack! Heracross! Horn Attack! Teddiursa! Scratch! Poipole! Venoshock! Silvally! Crush Claw! Hoothoot! Wing Attack!" Sora ordered. His team attacked the Spinarak and Dewpider.

"Cloyster! Water Gun attack!" Lana ordered. Cloyster fired Water Gun and it passed the Ariados and Araquanid.

"Ha! You missed!" Jake taunted.

"Did I?" Lana asked. Kearny and Jake didn't know what she was talking about when they saw their explosives getting soaked.

"Oh shit! Our explosives!" Kearny exclaimed.

"They're not any useful when soaked!" Jake said.

"And it looks like your plans just got flushed," Sora taunted.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Looker agreed. Kairi managed to get Looker loose.

"We're not done yet!" Kearny and Jake both shouted. "Attack!" They shouted as their Pokémon charged towards them. Sora and the Alolan nine's Pokémon all let out their attacks giving the spider Pokémon a series of pummelings and sent back to their trainers. It didn't take long for Looker to arrest the two of them.

"Thanks for the help, kids," Looker said. "You really have saved the day."

With that said, Looker drove off with his prisoners. Sora and his friends managed to free every last Phanpy and Donphan from the webs; especially the ones Rochelle was with earlier.

"Thank you so much for what you did," Rochelle said gratefully. "I am truly grateful."

"Not a problem," Sora said.

"You were just lucky we were around," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge."

Rochelle smiles knowing she was right. She looked down to Phanpy and he tugs onto Sora again.

"It looks like Phanpy likes you a lot, Sora," Rochelle pointed out.

"Yeah?" Sora asked. He bends down and pats Phanpy on the head.

"So, I was wondering if you would like to be this little one's trainer," Rochelle said.

"Wait, what?" Sora asked.

"Are you sure you wanna do that?" Kairi asked.

"I am," Rochelle said. "I have so many Phanpy and Donphan here, so I won't be able to train all of them with enough time. So I figured that you'd do a better job with this one than I ever will."

"But what about his parents?" Kairi asked as she looked at the two Donphan. "Won't they miss him?"

"You're right to be worried about their well-being, but they only want what's best for their young one just like any parent," Rochelle said. "And I can tell Phanpy wants to be with Sora." The two Donphan looked at their child sadly.

Kairi and the Alolan nine all looked at Sora and he thought for a moment and nodded.

"I promise that I'll take very good care of Phanpy," Sora said. "Is there a Pokéball Phanpy has?"

"Actually no," Rochelle admitted. "My family has been caring for this valley and the Phanpy and the Donphan so we let them roam around freely."

At least it'll be easier for Sora since he took out a Pokéball and held it front of Phanpy. He pushed the button with his trunk and flows inside. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing and askes him if he wants to keep Phanpy or send him to Professor Oak's lab. He decides to keep Phanpy with him so he exchanges Poipole.

"Okay, Phanpy! Come on out!" Sora said letting Phanpy out. Phanpy looked up at Sora. "Couldn't let you come along without saying goodbye first."

"Phanpy, Phanpy."

The little elephant Pokémon went up to his parents and hugged his mother and father goodbye. They didn't want to let their baby go, but they both knew at some point the baby had to leave the nest.

Sora and his friends said their goodbyes to Rochelle and continued on to Violet City. Sora now had a new addition to his team, and a playful one at that.