Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Kairi's First Catch ( Chapter 91 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 91: Kairi's First Catch

A little while after the group left the city, Kairi looked right at Togepi and held him by the arms.

"I honestly had no idea you knew Metronome," Kairi said.

"Toge," Togepi chirped.

"I know the day you will have to battle will come," Kairi said. "But, you're still just too little."

"Then, I guess you'll have to capture more Pokémon for yourself," Sora said. Kairi turned to him. "Sorry. Didn't mean to eavesdrop."

"I know you're right, Sora. But, I don't have any Pokéballs with me," Kairi pointed out.

"Not yet," Sora said. Kairi was about to ask why was that when Sora handed her five vacant Pokéballs. "Here."

"You're just giving me these?" Kairi asked.

"If you're going to catch your own Pokémon, then you're going to need your own Pokéballs. Besides, I have plenty of 'em," Sora said.

"You sure you wanna do that?" Kairi asked.

"I wouldn't give those to you if I wasn't sure," Sora said. "And the next wild Pokémon we come across is going to be yours." Kairi looked into Sora's eyes and saw how sincere he was being.

"Thank you, Sora. I really do love you," Kairi said giving her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. The couple rejoined the Alolan nine to get dinner ready for everyone when suddenly, a rustling in the bushes were heard.

"What is that?" Lillie asked starting to get worried. Everyone got their answer when a familiar Jigglypuff suddenly appeared before them.

"JIGLLYPUFF?!" Everyone exclaimed. Just before the balloon Pokémon could start singing, Kairi took the opportunity to make her first catch. She threw her new Pokéball and it tapped Jigglypuff on the head as she flows inside. The Pokéball wobbles around and around until stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. Sora and the Alolan nine were all in shock as they just witnessed her catch the Jigglypuff who thinks she's a star.

"I caught myself a Jigglypuff!" Kairi cheered. She went over to the Pokéball and threw it in the air. "Okay, Jigglypuff! Come on out!" The Pokéball opens as Jigglypuff looked around and huffed up in anger.

"PUFF!" Jigglypuff pouted.

"Sorry to do that, Jigglypuff," Kairi apologized. "Sora did say that the next Pokémon we come across would be mine to catch."

"I just never expected it to be you," Sora said.

"Jigglypuff," Jigglypuff said looking around.

"Welcome to the group," Kairi said.

Jigglypuff was about to sing a song to celebrate, but Sora took the microphone from her stubby hands.

"No, you don't!" Sora said. Jigglypuff looked at Sora with eyes getting all teary. "Sorry, but every time you sing, we all fall asleep."

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

"Jiggly," Jigglypuff said sadly.

"That was a mean thing to do to Jigglypuff," Kairi scolded him. "You give that back to Jigglypuff."

"You mean for her to doodle on our faces when we're asleep?" Sora asked.

"It's not her fault her song puts everyone who hears it to sleep," Kairi said.

"I just don't wanna take that chance," Sora said. "I'll admit, it was funny the first time, after all the previous times were too much."

"If Jigglypuff does doodle on our faces, then I'll tell her not to do it again," Kairi said. She simply held out her hand. Sora knew it was an argument he couldn't win so he grudgingly handed her the microphone. Kairi handed the microphone back to Jigglypuff. "Here you go."

"Jigglypuff!" She nuzzled the microphone blowing a raspberry at Sora.

"You doodle on my face, and I'm putting that in the trash," Sora warned in a tone Kairi couldn't hear. "Just don't tempt me."

Kairi managed to get the meal done in for everyone. Kairi had prepared some special Pokémon food for Illima's new Stantler and her new Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff took a bite of the special Pokémon food and liked it in an instant.

A couple of days came and went, Kairi had practiced with Jigglypuff's attacks. With Sora's help, she learned her new Jigglypuff also knew Pound, Rollout, and Double Slap. She had to give it a try. She had her practice battle with Lillie and Snowy.

"Jigglypuff! Double Slap!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff moved to deliver a series of slaps.

"Snowy! Dodge and use Powder Snow!" Lillie ordered. Snowy fired Powder Snow right at Jigglypuff.

"Dodge it!" Kairi called out as Jigglypuff inhaled and floated in the air. "Deflate and use Pound!" Jigglypuff deflated herself and gave the Alolan Vulpix a good Pound attack. "Now use Sing!" Jigglypuff as multicolored music notes are unleashed. One of the music notes hits Snowy and she fell asleep. "Double Slap!" Jigglypuff smacked the sleeping Vulpix.

"Way to go, Kairi!" Sora cheered holding Togepi.

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi also cheered.

"Pika!" Pikachu held a thumbs up.

"You really did great," Sora said. "I mean it, Kairi."

"Thanks Sora," Kairi said. "That mean a lot coming from you." She pick up Jigglypuff. "You did a great job, Jigglypuff."

"Jigglypuff!" Kairi's Jigglypuff chirped.

"You really don't need a big stage to be a star," Kairi said. "You just need someone who understands you. I guarantee it."

"Jiggly," Jigglypuff beamed feeling accepted already.

"Why don't you rest up for a while?" Kairi suggested as she held Jigglypuff's Pokéball and called her back inside. She puts the Pokéball away.

A little while later, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued on with their journey when a girl with long black hair spotted the Togepi in her arms. She approaches her.

"Excuse me, miss," the girl called out to Kairi. "Does that Togepi belong to you?"

"Yes he does," Kairi answered. "Why?"

"I was wondering if you were willing to trade your Togepi for one of my Pokémon," she said taking out some Pokéballs. "Choose which ever Pokémon you want. I have a Clefable, a Slowbro, and a Dewgong."

"No thanks," Kairi said. "Togepi and I are very attached with each other. Right Togepi?"

"Toge, Togepi," Togepi chirped.

"Okay then, how about we have a battle then? What do you say?" The girl asked putting the Pokéballs she took out and pulled out a Pokéball with a blue and black top, with blue on the left side and black on the right meeting in a zig-zag pattern in the middle. On the top of the border of the two sides is a yellow crescent moon. This ball is a Moon Ball. "Wigglytuff! Go!" She threw the Moon Ball letting out her Wigglytuff.

"Wiggly, Wiggly, Wigglytuff!" Wigglytuff said upon entry.

"A Wigglytuff, huh?" Sora asked. "You sure you wanna battle, Kairi?"

"I'm sure," Kairi said taking out Jigglypuff's Pokéball. "I was there for your first battle. And you came through." Sora knew Kairi had a point. Even though, it wasn't a fair battle against Team Rocket he still won. Sora just smiled.

"Go for it," Sora said. Kairi handed Togepi to her boyfriend and got ready for her first official battle. Kairi threw her Pokéball and let out Jigglypuff.

"Wanna make it one-on-one?" Kairi asked her opponent.

"I'm game when you are!" The girl said. "You can have the first move!"

"Jigglypuff! Use Pound!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff ran towards her evolved form ready to strike.

"Wigglytuff! You use your Pound too!" The girl ordered.

"Wigglytuff!" The opposing Wigglytuff waitied for its pre-evolved form to get closer and took the opportunity to strike. Jigglypuff was sent flying.

"Jigglypuff! Try to use Sing!" Kairi called out. Jigglypuff sang a song as multicolored music notes came from her mouth.

"That's not going to phase my Wigglytuff," the girl said. "Disarming Voice!" Wigglytuff sends out Disarming Voice and it cancels out Jigglypuff's Sing attack. "Move in with Body Slam!" Wigglytuff jumps in the air to land a critical hit.

"Jigglypuff! Dodge it quickly!" Kairi called out. Jigglypuff ran, but she barely gets away when some dirt debris goes flying along with Jigglypuff.

"Puff!" Jigglypuff said as she twirls.

"Jigglypuff! Hang in there!" Kairi called out. "I know you can do it! You're the first Pokémon I caught! I believe in you, Jigglypuff!" Kairi's voice had reached out to Jigglypuff hearing her trainer has faith in her.

"Jiggly!" Jigglypuff had quickly regained her balanced.

"Move in with Double Slap!" Kairi called out. Jigglypuff inhaled and floated towards her evolved form.

"Wigglytuff! Block it with Pound!" The girl ordered. Wigglytuff moved in to give the smaller balloon Pokémon a smack on the side, but Jigglypuff quickly dodged the attack. Jigglypuff gave Wigglytuff five sets of Double Slap. "Wigglytuff! Use Hyper Beam!"

"Wiggly!" Wigglytuff inhaled to prepare for an attack. Wigglytuff fired Hyper Beam right towards Jigglypuff.

"Dodge and use Rollout!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff rolled into a ball and rolled out of the way before the attack could hit.

Sora, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were all amazed on how good Kairi was getting.

"Can you believe it?" Lana asked. "This is her first official battle and she's doing pretty good!"

"I think it might be because, she watched Sora battled so much, some of his skills may have rubbed off," Illima said.

"That might be it," Sora agreed as he held Togepi. "Go get 'em, Kairi!" Sora cheered for his girlfriend.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!" Togepi cheered.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu also cheered.

Jigglypuff rolled straight into Wigglytuff and landed a devastating blow to the belly.

"Tuff!" Wigglytuff huffed.

"No way!" The girl exclaimed in disbelief.

"Now use Sing!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff used Sing once again. The music notes surrounded Wigglytuff as it could make another move because of Hyper Beam. Wigglytuff fell right to sleep.

"Wigglytuff! Wake Up!" The girl called out.

"One more Pound attack! Go!" Kairi called out.

Jigglypuff gave one more Pound attack and landed a successful hit. Wigglytuff fell on its back beaten.

"I don't believe it! I lost!" The girl said.

"Way to go, Jigglypuff! I knew you could do it!" Kairi cheered.

"Jigglypuff!" Jigglypuff said triumphantly.

The girl calls back her fallen Wigglytuff and walks over to Kairi.

"Not too bad. Your Jigglypuff is pretty tough," the girl complemented.

"Thanks. To be honest, I was kinda worried that I might end up losing my very first battle," Kairi said.

"You're kidding! This is your first battle?" The girl asked in disbelief.

"My Togepi is still just a baby. And I figured I'd let Togepi battle when he's a little old enough," Kairi said. Sora handed Togepi back to Kairi.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

"But Togepi managed to beat that McCleet guy by using Metronome against all six of his Pokémon," Sora pointed out. "None of us expected it to be Sacred Fire."

"Yeah. But was with Clefairy," Kairi said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"Sounds to me your Togepi is getting old enough for a battle," the girl said. "I'm looking forward to battling you again when I see you. The name's Raven by the way."

"Mine is Kairi," she introduced herself.

"Okay, Kairi. I'll see you around," Raven said. With that said Raven took her leave and headed off in the direction she came.

Not too far, Team Rocket were in the area trying to catch up with the group.

"They shouldn't be too far from us," Jessie said.

"That's what you said about an hour ago, and we ended up being attacked by a horde of angry Beedrill," James said.

"And just before that, a real huffy Steelix," Meowth said.

"And that was just after another Ursaring attack," James remembered. Wobbufett popped put of his Pokéball once again.

"Wobbufett!" Wobbufett said in a salute.

"Who asked for your opinion, anyway?" Jessie hissed pulling out Wobbufett's Pokéball. "Back inside!" She calls Wobbufett back inside the Pokéball. "And as for the rest of you; if you are applying that I have a terrible sense of direction, you couldn't be any more wrong than you already are!"

"Who are you trying to kid? We lose the twerp's trail more times than we actually lose to them!" James argued.

"And disaster lands right on our laps rather if we want it to or not!" Meowth added.

Team Rocket ends up going into a brawl until they hear someone coming. As luck would have it, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were coming their way.

"There they are! You see? I told they were in the area!" Jessie said.

"For once, your sense of direction was right!" Meowth said.

"You're darn tootin that it was right for on-" Jessie froze when she realized what she was about to say. "HEY!"

"No time for another brawl!" James shushed her. "We have a plan to do!"

"Right you are, James!" Jessie said. "We'll wait for them to fall asleep and then move in and swipe all their Pokémon when they least suspect it!"

"Brilliant! Simply brilliant!" James said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine stopped to set up for the night, unaware of Team Rocket were spying on them. Kairi had prepared some soup for the whole group. The smell of Kairi's cooking had reached Team Rocket's nostrils just imagining how good it must taste.

"Can you smell that?" Jessie beamed.

"Smells like heaven. Just like the soup that my Nana used to make whenever I would pay her a visit," James also beamed.

"I may not have a nose, but the smell is both music and catnip to my nostrils," Meowth said enthralled. Wobbufett popped out of his Pokéball again.

"Wobbufett," Wobbufett said in an enchanted tone.

Team Rocket watched the group for hours as they all ate. They all dozed off into sleep along with the group. On the very next morning, Team Rocket woke up in a yawn.

"What a catnap," Meowth said stretching his arms.

"It felt like a sleep for the ages," James said. They all got on their feet. "Now let's give the twerps a very rude awakening!"

"After we take all of their Pokémon!" Jessie said.

"Yeah!" Team Rocket jumped out of the bushes.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!"

"Wobbufett!"

"For once you waited your turn!" Meowth said. Before he noticed something was off. "Wait a minute, doesn't it seem rather quiet?"

"Now that you mentioned it," Jessie said.

"Isn't this the part where the twerps are annoyed to see us?" James asked. Team Rocket looked around and saw that the group had left.

"CRAP! WE ALL OVERSLEPT!" Team Rocket shouted.

"Just when we had them in our sights, we lose them again!" Jessie exclaimed.

Team Rocket screams at the top of their lungs. Meanwhile, Snubbull sniffs the ground for Meowth, when Tai, Kari, and their friends walk by and noticed the Snubbull walking by.

"Look at that," Davis said.

"What is that?" Yolei asked.

"It's a Snubbull," Izzy pointed out.

"You think it got lost?" Matt asked.

"Not sure," Izzy said.

Just before they could do anything, Snubbull jumps into the bushes nearby.

A little while later elsewhere, Sora and Kairi did some training together. Jigglypuff and Phanpy practiced with Rollout at a huge boulder.

"Doing great, Phanpy!" Sora said.

"You too, Jigglypuff!" Kairi said.

"Phanpy!" Phanpy said.

"Jigglypuff!" Jigglypuff said.

"Gotta admit, you handled your Jigglypuff better than I thought," Sora said. "And I was worried about her singing her song and doodling on our faces again."

"I'm going to be honest, Sora. I was worried about the same thing," Kairi admitted. "But, I'm glad that she didn't do it."

"I guess we were both worried over nothing," Sora said. "But will ask if you remember the first catch I made."

"Of course I do," Kairi said. "It was back in Viridian Forset. I remember how cute your Caterpie was just before evolving."

"Yeah. And I stupidly sent out Caterpie just to catch Pidgeotto. And then you chewed me out for it," Sora remembered.

"I overreacted because I was worried about Caterpie's safety all because Caterpie was attacked by Spearow," Kairi said. "But you got better the whole time we were together."

"And I believe the same thing with you, Kairi," Sora said. That causes Kairi to smile and she kisses him on the lips. Sora kisses her back. Pikachu, Togepi, Phanpy, and Jigglypuff watches their trainers sweetly.

"It's a pretty sweet sight to watch." - Jigglypuff subtitle.

"You should have seen their first kiss. I knew there was a spark between them the day they met." - Pikachu subtitle.

"My mama and papa are the same way." - Phanpy subtitle.

The four Pokémon joined their trainers and just like a loving family, they all embrace one another.

Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine and their Pokémon continued on with their journey and they were greeted by a young couple. The young man is dressed as a soldier and he had teal hair and indigo eyes and the young woman had blonde hair tied in curls and has blue-green eyes, she wore a pink dress with dark pink ribbons on the dress and on another ribbon on the back of her hair. They both noticed how Sora and Kairi were holding each other's hands.

"Excuse us you two lovebirds," the couple greeted. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all stopped in their tracks.

The man introduced first, "Oscar is the name."

"I'm Andie and love is the game," she finished with a rhyme.

"Get a load of those two," Sophocles said.

"What's up with them?" Hapu asked.

"The real question is who are they?" Kiawe questioned despite them already had introduced themselves.

"Now it is you who must reciprocate the introduction," Oscar said.

"I'm Sora," he introduced himself.

"And I'm Kairi," she introduced herself.

"Seeing how much in love you appear to be," Oscar said.

"We thought we offer you a challenge," Andie added.

"What are you talking about?" Sora asked feeling weirded out.

"I'm think they're talking about you two holding each other's hands," Lillie pointed out. Sora and Kairi let go realizing they were still holding hands.

"Oh, right," Sora said blushing and chuckling nervously.

"Gotta admit, I kinda forgot were still holding hands," Kairi said giggling and also blushing.

"It's just so good to see two young lovebirds in so much love," Oscar said.

"And that is pretty clear as your faces are red," Andie said.

"And judging by the way you two were holding hands..." Oscar started.

"We have concluded that..." Andie said.

"...you two are in love!" They said taking each other by the hands and posed as they were dancing.

"You'd be right," Sora said.

"It's been like that from the day we met," Kairi said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Pi, Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"Ah, love at first sight. How romantic!" Andie said.

"Indeed. Takes me back when we were just their age," Oscar agreed.

"Do you remember our very first kiss?" Andie asked.

"How could I ever forget, my dear?" Oscar asked. "I wanted that kiss to last forever."

"Oh, Oscar," Andie said.

"Dear Andie," Oscar said. "I love you so very much."

"And I love you, my beloved Oscar," Andie openly said.

They lovingly embrace one another and kissed each other on the lips making Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all blush.

"Shall we?" Oscar asked.

"Yes we shall," Andie said.

"We challenge you two to a battle!" Oscar and Andie proposed.

"You mean a Pokémon battle?" Sora asked.

"Yes. But, not just any Pokémon battle," Oscar said.

"A battle shall test the true love of any couple," Andie said.

"It is, a Pokémon tag-battle!" Oscar and Andie said.

"A Pokémon tag-battle, huh?" Sora asked intrigued. He turns to Kairi. "Wanna give it a shot, Kairi?"

"Well, if it's with you, then I don't mind," Kairi said. "Should give you a leg up for your upcoming Gym battle."

"Now we shall explain to you the tag-battle rules!" Oscar said.

"The rules are very simple as each trainer uses just one Pokémon with no substitutes," Andie said.

"And so, just as you have to in love, you must rely on your partner and work together," Oscar said.

"Finally, which ever couple renders their opponent's Pokémon unable to battle wins!" Andie concluded.

"That sounds simple enough," Sora said.

"And I have one Pokémon that I can use anyway," Kairi said. She hands Togepi over to Lillie. "You'll cheer for me will you?"

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!" Togepi cheered.

"I can tell you what that one means," Lillie said.

"So, let's put our love to the test!" Oscar announced.

"And may the couple with the strongest bond of love win!" Andie said.

"With the love you and I share, we're always winners," Oscar said.

"Oscar," Andie said lovingly.

"Dear Andie," Oscar said just as lovingly.

"You ready to rumba, Kairi?" Sora asked his girlfriend.

"I am when you are," Kairi answered.

"Go Nidoking! Come on out!" Oscar said throwing his Pokéball letting out his Nidoking.

"I choose you Nidoqueen!" Andie said also throwing her Pokéball and letting out her Nidoqueen. Sora took out a Pokéball.

"Since their both part Poison Type, I'm going with Phanpy!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball. It opens letting out Phanpy.

"Phan!" Phanpy trumpeted.

"Take the stage, Jigglypuff!" Kairi said throwing her Pokéball letting out Jigglypuff.

"Jigglypuff!" Jigglypuff said doing a twirl.

"So Sora is going with a Phanpy," Oscar said. "A wise choice."

"Kairi has chosen a Jigglypuff as her Pokémon. But, Jigglypuff is at a Type disadvantage as you know," Andie pointed out.

"I do. But sometimes you have to think outside the box to win!" Kairi said.

"Now where have I heard that before?" Sora joked making Kairi giggle.

"Just trying it on," Kairi said.

"Phanpy! Tackle on Nidoking! Let's go!" Sora called out as Phanpy ran towards the larger Pokémon.

"Jigglypuff! Pound on Nidoqueen!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff charges towards Nidoqueen to give her a good hit.

"Nidoking!" Oscar called out.

"Nidoqueen!" Andie also called out.

"Show us the love with a Mega Punch!" Oscar and Andie ordered. Nidoking and Nidoqueen launched their punches on their opponents. Nidoking on Phanpy and Nidoqueen on Jigglypuff.

"Phanpy! Use Rollout!" Sora ordered as Phanpy rolled into a ball and headed towards Nidoking.

"Jigglypuff! You use Rollout too!" Kairi ordered as Jigglypuff also rolled up into a ball and headed towards Nidoqueen.

"Share the love with a lovely Drill Run!" Oscar and Andie called out. Nidoking and Nidoqueen took each other's hands and ran towards their opponents. The smaller Pokémon managed to land a successful hit.

"Way to go, Phanpy!" Sora cheered.

"You did great job, Jigglypuff!" Kairi said.

"Their love is much stronger than we thought!" Oscar said.

"They're working together just as much as we are!" Andie said.

"Those two make a pretty good team just as they do a couple," Lana said.

"They sure do," Acerola agreed.

"I'm actually gonna admit it; I had some doubts when she battled that Raven girl," Kiawe said.

"I didn't," Lillie said. "I knew she'd be a good Pokémon trainer when she first got Togepi. Don't ask me how, I just knew."

"Nidoking!" Oscar called out.

"Dear Nidoqueen!" Andie also called out.

"Show us the love with a Submission attack!" Oscar and Andie ordered as Nidoking and Nidoqueen got into position and rolled towards their opponents. They rolled at a fast pace. Sora began to panic.

"Kairi! Think of something fast!" Sora said panicking.

Kairi thought for a moment, and remembered her battle with Raven. She wondered if it'll work while carrying Phanpy.

"Sora! I have an idea! Follow my lead!" Kairi said.

"Okay sure," Sora said. "What do you have in mind?"

"You'll see," Kairi said. "Jigglypuff! Inflate and float in the air!" Jigglypuff inhaled some air until she reached her limit. She started to float in the air. "Sora! Now!" Sora quickly caught on to what she had in store.

"Gotcha! Phanpy! Grab on to Jigglypuff!" Sora told the little elephant Pokémon and they both floated in the air avoiding their attacks. "Very good call, Kairi!"

"Thanks Sora!" Kairi beamed at the complement. "Jigglypuff! Deflate and use Rollout!"

"You use Rollout too!" Sora called out as both Pokémon curled into little balls and rolled towards their opponents.

"It's amazing," Oscar said.

"Their love definitely in full-bloom!" Andie said.

"But shall we end it?" Oscar asked his lover.

"Of course, my love," Andie answered.

"Nidoking and Nidoqueen, share the love with a heavenly Hyper Beam!" Oscar and Andie ordered as the two drill Pokémon fired Hyper Beam right at their opponents. The beam formed a heart shaped.

"Phanpy!" Sora called out.

"Jigglypuff!" Kairi also called out.

The balloon and elephant Pokémon rolled out of the way and slammed into their opponents. Their attacks got stronger with each hit. The uncurled themselves waiting to give the finishing move.

"Okay Phanpy! One more Tackle on Nidoking! Full charge!" Sora ordered as Phanpy ran towards Nidoking faster than before.

"Jigglypuff! Use Double Slap on Nidoqueen! Slap her silly!" Kairi called out as Jigglypuff gave Nidoqueen a series of slaps on her large opponent. Both Nidoking and Nidoqueen fell to the ground beaten and exhausted.

"We did it!" Sora and Kairi embraced into each other's arms. "We won!"

"Gotta hand it to you, the idea you had about dodging that double Submission was a great idea!" Sora complemented his girlfriend.

"To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was going to work," Kairi admitted. "But it worked better than I thought!"

Oscar and Andie watched the couple celebrate their victory very sweetly.

"It reminds me of our very first tag-battle," Oscar said.

"I remember it like it was just yesterday. The way you handled your Nidorino gave me the chills," Andie said.

The older couple embraces one another. Sora and Kairi approached their opponents.

"Thanks for giving us the chance for that Tag-battle," Sora said.

"That was an experience worth remembering," Kairi added.

"I guess you can say is.." Sora said.

"We both enjoyed it!" Sora and Kairi said in unison.

"We're happy to hear that," Oscar said.

"And our Pokémon seems to agree," Andie said as Nidoking and Nidoqueen congratulated their smaller opponents for their victory.

"We only had those two for a short time and they're getting stronger just like we are," Sora said putting his arm around Kairi.

"We sure are," Kairi agreed.

"Win or lose, our love is just as strong as ever," Oscar said.

"I feel the same way, Oscar," Andie said lovingly.

"Farewell, happy couple!" Oscar and Andie said as they left by holding their hands while Nidoking and Nidoqueen did the same thing. "We must be on our way!"

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine watched the couple take their leave of the group.

"You both did great," Sophocles said.

"Not bad for your first battle as a couple," Mallow said.

"I knew you had trainer written all over you, Kairi," Hapu said.

"That was a splendid performance you two have displayed," Illima said.

The rest of the Alolan nine all congratulated their friends for their very first Tag-battle.

"First Tag-battle I had since with Brianna the Dragon Seeker," Sora remembered. Kiawe remembered that battle pretty well. His Turtonator was beaten by both Brianna's Ekans and Dragonair, and Sora managed to win by himself.

Elsewhere, Team Rocket continues their hunt for the group.

"I cannot believe that we overslept when the element of surprise was on our side," Jessie said. "I just don't understand how we could let that golden opportunity slip right through our fingers."

"Stop if I'm repeating myself, but it might be because we just plain suck," James said.

"And that truth cuts like a knife," Meowth said.

"Excuse us seemingly happy couple," Andie greeted. Team Rocket turns to them.

"Because you appear to be in love, we're challenging you into a Tag-battle," Oscar said.

"Who are you calling a couple?!" James exclaimed.

"And which one of the three of us did you ignore?" Meowth hissed.

Nidoking and Nidoqueen had been healed up for their next battle. Jessie looks at the two Pokémon with an idea.

"A new golden opportunity has just presented itself to us," Jessie whispered to her colleagues. They looked at her confused. "Just look at their two Pokémon. Just what do you think a Nidoking and Nidoqueen are worth?"

"A fortune!" James answered.

"And we don't have to worry about paying our debts when we give them to the boss as a present!" Meowth said.

"Lady luck is finally smiling on us!" Team Rocket chanted.

Team Rocket got ready for their battle with Oscar and Andie. Jessie and James had chosen Arbok and Weezing out.

"Okay," Oscar said.

"You may make the first move," Andie said.

"Weezing! Double the trouble with a Double Hit attack!" James called out as Weezing charged towards the two drill Pokémon.

"Arbok! Use Crunch now!" Jessie ordered as Arbok moved in to deliver a powerful bite on his opponents.

"Nidoking!" Oscar called out.

"Nidoqueen!" Andie also called out.

"Show us the love with your powerful Mega Punch!" Oscar and Andie threw their Mega Punch attack on Weezing sending him back to Arbok.

"Arbok! Get back up!" Jessie called out.

"You too, Weezing!" James also called out.

"Share the love with a heavenly Hyper Beam!" Oscar and Andie ordered as they fired Hyper Beam right at their opponents. The beam formed a heart shaped just like with the battle with Sora and Kairi.

"TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted as they go flying in the air.

"It appears the power of love has favored us this time," Andie said.

"Truly. And the power of love shall never die," Oscar said.

"Oscar," Andie said lovingly.

"Dear Andie," Oscar said just as lovingly.

Up next is going to be a three chapter arc in which Sora has all three Johto starters. The Chikorita chapter shall be up first. And what do you think of Kairi making her first catch and then having her first battle and then a Tag-battle with Sora?