Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Never Smile At A Totodile ( Chapter 94 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 94: Never Smile At A Totodile

And here is the final chapter of the Johto Starter arc, and the final confrontation of the Gligar pack. And it's just a short time before Sora eventually reaches for Violet City for his first Johto Gym battle. And now on with the show!"

A whole day came by since Sora has added Cyndaquil to the team, so he, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were still walking through the forest when they came across a young man in a mohawk.

"Yo! Like the do!" The young man said.

"Thanks, I guess," Sora said nervously.

"How 'bout we have a battle?" The young man said grabbing a Pokéball ready for a battle. "You game?"

"I'm game!" Sora said accepting the challenge.

"Great! Take the stage, Quagsire!" The young man threw the Pokéball letting out a a light blue, bipedal, amphibious Pokémon. Its head is broad and round, having little neck to distinguish it from the rest of the Pokémon's body. It has a wide mouth and tiny, black eyes. A wavy, purple stripe runs down its back. Its hands and feet both have three digits. Its outer layer of skin is slimy and slippery. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon in front of him.

Quagsire, the Water Fish Pokémon

The evolved form of Wooper

Type: Water/Ground

Quagsire hunts for food by leaving its mouth wide open in water and waiting for its prey to blunder in unaware. Because the Pokémon does not move, it does not get very hungry.

"I'll say it dosen't," Sora said putting his Pokédex away and taking out a Pokéball. "Okay Chikorita! Go for it!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out Chikorita.

"Chiko!" Chikorita said twirling her leaf upon entry.

"Chikorita! Vine Whip!" Sora ordered. Chikorita sends out Vine Whip to hit Quagsire.

"Dodge and use Muddy Water!" The young man ordered. Quagsire dodges Chikorita's attaattack and releases multiple streams of brown water from its bodyand sends it to Chikorita.

"Dodge and use Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered. Chikorita uses Vine Whip to avoid the attack by grabbing a nearby tree branch. Chikorita lets go and sends Razor Leaf right at Quagsire. The leaves hit their mark.

"Quagsire! Use Body Slam!" The young man ordered. Quagsire moves towards the leaf Pokémon to slam its body on her.

"Tackle!" Sora called out. Chikorita lands a hit on Quagsire causing it to wheeze. "Now use Vine Whip!" Chikorita smacks Quagsire on the mark knocking out the amphibious Pokémon. The young man calls back his Quagsire.

"That was pretty tight, kid!" The young man said pulling out another Pokéball. "Better see if you're really hot stuff! Go Vulpix!" The young man threw his Pokéball letting out his Vulpix. Sora knew Chikorita was at a disadvantage due to Types.

"Chikorita, return!" Sora calls back Chikorita. He pulls out another Pokéball and smiles as he nodded. "Let's fire with fire. Cyndaquil! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out his latest Pokémon.

"Cyndaquil. Cynda," Cyndaquil yawns.

"Cyndaquil! Tackle!" Sora called out as Cyndaquil charges at Vulpix with a full force of his body. The attack lands a hit.

"Vulpix! Stop that Cyndaquil with Ember!" The young man ordered as Vulpix shot out a fireball at the fire mouse Pokémon.

"Dodge!" Sora called out. Cyndaquil rolls out of the way. "Now use Smokescreen!" Cyndaquil sends out Smokescreen to make it difficult for the opposing fox Pokémon.

"That won't stop me! Blow it away with Tail Slap!" The young man ordered. Vulpix swung its tail blowing away the smoke.

"Now use Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Cyndaquil's back flare up as Cyndaquil fires Flamethrower right at Vulpix. The attack knocks out Vulpix. He calls back his fallen Pokémon.

"That makes two you took out!" He said taking out his next Pokéball. "Try this on for size! Kangaskhan! Go!" He threw his Pokéball letting out his Kangaskhan.

"Kangas, Kangas, Kangaskhan!" The Kangaskhan shouted as she entered the battle pounding her chest. Sora calls back Cyndaquil and looked over to Pikachu.

"You game Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"Go for it!" Sora said as Pikachu entered the battle. "Okay Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Pikachu starts things up with a Thunderbolt hitting Kangaskhan.

"Kangaskhan! Move in with Stomp!" The young man ordered. Kangaskhan moves at the yellow mouse Pokémon and lifted her foot to stomp on Pikachu.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out. Pikachu jumps out of the way before Kangaskhan could land a stomp. "Use Quick Attack to run circles around Kangaskhan!"

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded. Pikachu ran around the kangaroo Pokémon.

"Stop that Pikachu, Kangaskhan! Try Hammer Arm!" The young man ordered. Kangaskhan swung her arms at Pikachu, but misses because of his speed. Pikachu charged right into Kangaskhan.

"Keep it up, Pikachu! Use Electro Ball!" Sora called out. Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and hurls it right at Kangaskhan. The attack landed a hit paralyzing Kangaskhan in the process. "Now finish her with Iron Tail!" Pikachu jumped in the air and did a spin lighting up Iron Tail. Pikachu swung his tail and it hits the large Pokémon right on the face and falls on her back beaten.

"No way! My humongous Kangaskhan taken down by a small Pikachu?!" The young man exclaimed.

"Way to go, Pikachu!" Sora cheered.

"Pikachu!"

"Another win in the bag. Right Togepi?" Kairi asked.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!"

The young man walked up to Sora shaking his hand.

"That was a tight battle, kid," the young man said. "You're a cool Pokémon trainer."

"Same thing with you," Sora complemented.

The group took off unaware of the lone Gligar following the group. He looked around. He knew they were there for sure. He also knew he'll be labeled a traitor by his former pack.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all made a small stop by a river since it's pretty close to Cherrygrove City and took a small break for some lunch. Kairi was about to have a special lunch ready for everyone; Sora especially. Unaware, a Totodile peeks its head out from the grass in the water.

Walking along the way is Riku, Naminé, and Eevee.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite merry band!" Riku called out to the group.

"Riku!" Sora said his lighting up. "It's been a while."

"Right back at you," Riku said.

"How are things between you two?" Kairi asked.

"Good so far," Naminé said taking Riku's hand. "And couldn't be better." That made Riku smile. Pikachu smiled and went up to greet Eevee.

"I haven't seen you since the party back at Pallet Town. You look great!" - Pikachu subtitle.

"The same for you, Pikachu. And I can see Togepi had grown a bit since I last saw him." - Eevee subtitle.

"Toge, Toge."

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all shared their stories of their experiences since arriving in Johto. Kairi even shared about her experience as a Pokémon trainer since catching Jigglypuff and winning her very first battle right up to the first Tag-battle she had with Sora against Oscar and Andie.

"That's quite an experience," Riku said.

"Also, congrats on your first catch, Kairi," Naminé said.

"Well, I knew I would be a Pokémon trainer at some point," Kairi said.

"I think we all did," Kiawe said.

"None of us thought that the first Pokémon she'd catch was going to be that one Jigglypuff," Hapu said.

"I sure know that I didn't," Sora said shuddering at the memories of their first meeting. Pikachu patted Sora on the back.

"Pikachu."

"And what about Team Rocket at some point?" Riku asked.

"We only saw them quite a couple of times and thwarted them as usual," Sora said. "And I have no idea where they are now."

"I say, who cares? Because as long I want them to stay out of our hair," Sophocles said.

"Yeah, but for how long?" Lana asked.

"I dunno," Mina shrugged.

"Well, I just wonder how things could get better," Sora said. And that was the cue of the wild Totodile to make an appearance.

"Totodile!"

Everyone stood up and gawked at the sight of the small crocodile Pokémon.

"Hey! A Totodile!" Lana called.

"And I think it's a wild one!" Sora said taking out his Pokédex.

Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokémon

Type: Water

Despite the smallness of its body, Totodile's jaws are very powerful. While the Pokémon may think it is just playfully nipping, its bite has enough power to cause serious injury. So be very, very careful!

"I already have a Chikorita and a Cyndaquil, so I get myself a Totodile as well!" Sora said pulling out a Pokéball.

"Wait Sora! Look!" Kairi said as he and everyone else were witnessing Totodile dancing for the group. "Oh! So that is so cute! He's doing a little dance for us!"

"Well, he'll have to enjoy it while it lasts because Totodile will be doing his dancing for us!" Sora said. "Go for it, Chikorita!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out Chikorita.

"Chiko!" Chikorita chirped upon making an entrance. Chikorita rushed to Sora and nuzzles her trainer.

"Not again, Chikorita," Sora said.

"If I didn't know better," Naminé said. "I could have sworn his Chikorita has a crush on Sora."

"A crush? Why would say that-oh!" Sora quickly realized it was because he risked his life to save her from that Gliscor. "That." He rubs Chikorita on the side. "Okay Chikorita! charge at that Totodile with Tackle!"

"Chiko!" Chikorita charges towards the wild Totodile with a full force of her body and rams into the Totodile. The crocodile Pokémon moves in to deliever a bite on Chikorita, but Sora knew what to do.

"Dodge!" Sora called out as Chikorita moves out of the way before Totodile could land a bite. "That's great! Now use Vine Whip!" Chikorita smacks Totodile with her vines. "Sweet Scent!" Chikorita sends out a sweet smelling aroma at her opponent. Totodile caught a whiff and began dancing. "One more Tackle!" Chikorita charged into Totodile and he fell on his back. Sora took out his Pokéball and threw it at the Totodile. He flows inside the Pokéball and it wobbles around and around. It does so for a few seconds before, stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Totodile or send him to Professor Oak's lab. Sora choose to keep Totodile in exchange for Teddiursa. "And Totodile makes three!"

"And once more, Sora has caught all three starter Pokémon," Illima said.

Kairi remembered well when Sora had caught all three starter Pokémon from both Kanto and Alola. She had been proud of how Sora raised them since they were so small. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. Sora had raised them right to their fully evolved forms. Sora held Totodile's Pokéball and threw it in the air.

"Okay Totodile! Come on out!" Sora said. The Pokéball opens and Totodile starts dancing upon making entry.

"Toto-Toto-Totodile!"

Sora bends down to his new Totodile smiling.

"Hey there, Totodile," Sora greeted. "It's nice to meet you." Sora held out his hand in front of his new Totodile only for him to bite on his hand. Sora took in a very deep breath before he really let out. "OUCH!" Sora gritted his teeth feeling the pain of Totodile's jaws on his hand. "Now I know James feels when his Victreebel takes a bite on his head!"

"Totodile really likes you, Sora," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu laughed.

"Now that's a real love bite," Riku jokingly said.

"That is not funny! You wouldn't be laughing if a Totodile was biting your hand!" Sora said. "Let go of my hand! Let go of my hand!" Totodile does let go. Kairi checks his hand to see if there are some serious injuries.

"Nothing to worry about," Kairi said assuredly. "You're going to be alright."

"Jeez. That was a pretty strong bite," Sora said. "Now wonder they call you the big jaw Pokémon."

"Toto!" Totodile does his little dance once again.

"Again with the dance," Sora said in a chuckle.

"I guess this Totodile is pretty suited to you because of his personality," Riku said.

"Eevee, Vee!" Eevee chirped.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sora asked.

"I think Riku is right," Lana said. "Even if I managed to catch that Totodile, I don't think I could have controlled him. And I also think he might just do what he wants." Lana looked over to Totodile. "Besides, you'll have a better hold on him than I ever will."

Sora looked at his Totodile and figured that maybe Riku and Lana were right and it was for the best. Sora might do a better job of handling Totodile than Lana could.

Sora, Kairi, Riku, and the Alolan nine all let out their Pokémon as they could get ready for some lunch. Totodile didn't take long to get acquainted with the other Pokémon. Marowak didn't take a real shine to Sora's latest addition too lightly.

Gliscor and the rest of the pack had managed to catch up with Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine and grinned as there were now two more humans and an Eevee with them.

"Well, well, well. We have some more to pick on. Wanna have some fun, everybody!" - Gliscor subtitle.

The Gligar pack all nodded as they all got ready to attack. Once everyone had started eating, the Gligar pack launch their attack on the group once again.

"Oh, come on! Don't they ever give up?!" Sora exclaimed.

"What's the deal with them?" Riku asked.

"All these Gligar have been giving us trouble lately," Lillie said.

"They attacked us when Sora's Chikorita was checked into a Pokémon Center we were at recently," Mallow said.

"They've been bothering us since we drove them out," Sophocles said.

"And they're being led by a Gliscor; a mean one at that!" Acerola said.

"Did you say a Gliscor?" Riku asked. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all nodded. His face lit up. "I have always wanted one of those! And if there is one here, then I'm going to catch it!"

Sora was pretty surprised to hear him say he'd catch the Gliscor that had been terrorizing him and his friends; but better them than Team Rocket at least.

Kairi tucked Togepi inside her backpack so that he'll be safe. All the other Pokémon started to fight back against the Gligar pack. Just when Gliscor landed in front of the group, Riku smiled as he just got what he wanted.

"Is that the one?" Naminé asked.

"That's him," Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all answered.

"Pikachu."

"And that's the one I want!" Riku said. "Sora! You and the others deal with the Gligar! That Gliscor is mine!" Riku looked at Gliscor with a determined look on his face.

"Right!" Sora said. He looked over to Totodile as he danced as well shoot Water Gun at the invaders. "Totodile! Use Scratch!" Totodile swipes at one of the Gligar. "Now use Bite!" Totodile bites another Gligar by the tail and sends it totowards several of the others. "Water Gun!" Totodile fires Water Gun at several Gligar. The rest of the Pokémon fought back at the Gligar making them retreat.

Riku looked over to the Gliscor. He looked over to Eevee on his side.

"You ready, Eevee?" Riku asked his partner.

"Eevee!" Eevee nodded.

"Go get it!" Riku said as Eevee stood ready to battle Gliscor. The large Pokémon just scoffed.

"You think you're a match for me?" - Gliscor subtitle.

"I don't think I do! I know I do! I took down Pokémon a lot bigger than you!" - Eevee subtitle.

"Then bring it on, shrimp!" - Gliscor subtitle.

Gliscor started up with a Night Slash attack. Riku was mighty impressed by the power Gliscor is displaying.

"Eevee! Dodge and use Quick Attack!" Riku ordered. Eevee used his speed attack avoid Gliscor's attack and landed a hit on the side. Gliscor moved his pincers back and swung them down into an X-shaped mark. "That's X-Scissor! Eevee! Swift!" Eevee fired Swift right at the large Pokémon hitting him hard. "Now use Shadow Ball!" Eevee fired Shadow Ball right at Gliscor. He blocked the attack by using Night Slash, then he charges towards Eevee with his own Quick Attack, but Eevee used his Quick Attack to avoid Gliscor's. Riku saw how fast Gliscor went, but he knew Eevee was much faster due to size.

Once the last of the Gligar were dealt with, the lone Gligar watched his old comrades retreat. He then watched the battle with his old boss and the Eevee. Gligar was amazed by how fast he was going. Gligar couldn't go as fast as Eevee, not even if it saves his life. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all watched the battle rage on. Naminé watched the battle closely. She had to admit she was worried about Eevee's safety, but she knew Riku had it under control.

"Eevee! Shadow Ball once again!" Riku ordered. Eevee fired Shadow right on Gliscor's gut. "Bow use Swift!" Eevee fires Swift hitting Gliscor on the same spot. Gliscor moved in to deal X-Scissor one more time. "Eevee! Dodge with Dig!"

"Eev!" Eevee dug underground avoiding Gliscor's attack. The fang scorpion Pokémon looks in the hole waiting for Eevee to come back out. Eevee popped out of the ground right behind him. "Combine Swift and Shadow Ball!" Gliscor turned and saw Eevee fire Shadow Ball first and fired Swift right after. Stars circles around the shadowy orb and the combo attack strike Gliscor hard. The large Pokémon fell to the ground unable to stand up.

"Good job, Eevee!" Riku said taking out a Pokéball and threw it. The Pokéball strikes Gliscor and he flows inside. Everyone stares at the Pokéball anxiously hoping Gliscor would stay inside. After a few seconds, stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Yes! Gliscor is mine!" Riku picks up the Pokéball.

"Way to go, Riku!" Naminé cheered for her boyfriend. She kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks, Naminé," Riku said. "I really mean it." He puts his arm around her.

Gligar was amazed by the sight. His former boss was caught by a human. He wondered how it'll be like being in Sora's pack.

Everyone cleaned up the mess the Gligar pack made before they proceeded on with their journey. Riku, Naminé, and Eevee said their goodbyes to the group as they continued on with their journey.

The group got closer to Cherrygrove City as they were approached by a boy in a red cap. He also has black hair reaching his shoulders.

"Hey you! The one with the spiky hair! I'm challenging you to a battle!" The boy called out.

"And I accept your challenge," Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "Okay Totodile! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball and it lets out Totodile who did a little dance upon entry. Sora's opponent took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Okay, Sentret! Go!" The boy said as the Pokéball opens and lets out a Pokémon that looks like a ferret crossed with a raccoon and a squirrel. It has an egg-shaped body, its face is very small, with no visible nose, and long ears that are dark brown and pink on the inside. Its arms are stubby and very flying squirrel-esk. The Pokémon has very small legs, and round-shaped feet with three toes. It has a white circle on its stomach. It has a big, long, bushy tail with three dark brown stripes that it uses to stand up high to look around its surroundings. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon

Sentret, the Scout Pokémon

Type: Normal

When Sentret sleeps, it does so while another stands guard. The sentry wakes the others at the first sign of danger. When this Pokémon becomes separated from its pack, it becomes incapable of sleep due to fear.

"Sounds like good teamwork," Sora said as he puts his Pokédex away. "Totodile! Start up with Scratch!" Totodile swiped his claws at the opposing Sentret. "Now use Water Gun!" Totodile fires Water Gun right at Sentret.

"Dodge and use Double-Edge!" The boy ordered. Sentret lands a hit on Totodile while taking recoil damage. It wasn't enough to keep Totodile down; he does his little dance to prove it. "Is that Totodile taunting me? I'll fix you! Sentret! Use Scratch now!" Sentret runs pass Totodile and delivers a scratch on Totodile's side.

"Water Gun!" Sora ordered. Totodile fires Water Gun right at Sentret and it hits a nearby tree. The brown ferret Pokémon tries to get back up only to fall on flat on its belly. "Way to go, Totodile!"

"Dile!" Totodile did a little dance to celebrate. The boy calls back his fallen Sentret and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Try this one!" The boy threw the Pokéball. "Go for it, Poliwhirl!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a Poliwhirl but a little smaller than the one Sora used to have before evolving. "Poliwhirl! Ice Punch!" Poliwhirl moved in to deliver a punch with its fist emitting ice.

"Totodile! Use Bite!" Sora ordered. Totodile ran towards the tadpole Pokémon. Totodile bit Poliwhirl's hand. Yelping in pain, Poliwhirl tries to shake the crocodile Pokémon off. Kairi just giggled at the sight.

"Way to go, Totodile! Keep holding on!" Kairi cheered.

"Pi, Toge,Toge, Togepi!"

"Shake that little runt off!" The boy called out as Totodile kept holding on. Poliwhirl manages to shake Totodile off. The crocodile does his dance once again. "Okay, Poliwhirl! Use Body Slam!" Poliwhirl jumps to do a body slam.

"Water Gun again!" Sora called out. Totodile fired Water Gun right at Poliwhirl and it falls right on its back. He calls back his Poliwhirl.

"One more try!" He said pulling out another Pokéball. "Go for it, Nidorino!" He threw it letting out Nidorino. "Thunderbolt!" Nidorino sends out Thunderbolt and strikes Totodile. "Now use Horn Attack!" Nidorino runs towards Totodile to strike at his opponent.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out as Totodile danced out of the way before Nidorino could land a hit. "Now use Bite!" Totodile bites Nidorino on the leg. "Give him a toss!" Totodile spun around and around with Nidorino's leg in his mouth. He kept going until he let go and Nidorino heads right into the same tree as Sentret and gets his horn stuck.

"No way! I lost to one little Totodile?!" The boy exclaimed. Sora and Totodile high-five each other.

"Good work, Totodile! You're pretty good in a battle! Under my wing, and you'll be better!" Sora said.

"Dile! Totodile! Dile, Dile!" Totodile said dancing.

Everyone laughs at the antics of Sora's new Pokémon as he danced his little dance. They all saw how much energy he was definitely full of. The group eventually made it to Cherrygrove City and stopped by at the local Pokémon Center for some treatment and to stay the night. Unknown to the group, Gligar is still following them despite defeating his old pack.

Not only Sora has all three beginner Pokémon under his belt once again, but he could feel his first Johto Gym battle approaching fast. According to Illima's intel, he had learned the Gym Leader in Violet City uses Flying Type Pokémon and he knows Pikachu has a pretty good shot at it. But, what adventures or misadventures awaits them ahead. And why is Gligar interested in Sora so much? Just wait and see when we continue!