Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ On the Road to Violet City ( Chapter 95 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 95: On the Road To Violet City.

After a good night's sleep and a stay in Cherrygrove City, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all picked up some supplies before they took their leave of Cherrygrove City. The group walked by a meadow and they spotted wild several wild Pokémon living there. Among them were Pokémon that resembled ladybugs with their six legs looking like they're wearing gloves. Some of them all have shorter antennae than the others and there small pink Pokémon with cat-ears and long leaves protruding from their heads. They appear to be floating in the air. And there are some that resembles sunflower seeds. They have black, oval shaped eyes with a sprout coming out the of their yellow/black bodies; it functions as a propeller.

"Would you just look at how many Pokémon all live here?" Lillie asked.

"Caterpie, Weedle, Mareep, Bellsprout, Ledyba, Hoppip, Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret, Sunkern, Snubbull," Sophocles said.

"They all must be happy if they all live here," Kairi said.

"They sure do," Sora said taking out his Pokédex and scanned the ladybug Pokémon.

Ledyba, the Five Star Pokémon

Type: Bug/Flying

Ledyba secretes an aromatic fluid from where its legs join its body. This fluid is used for communicating with others. This Pokémon conveys its feelings to others by altering the fluid's scent.

Sora then scanned the Hoppip with his Pokédex.

Hoppip, the Cottonweed Pokémon

Type: Grass/Flying

This Pokémon drifts and floats with the wind. If it senses the approach of strong winds, Hoppip links its leaves with other Hoppip to prepare against being blown away.

He then used his Pokédex to get information on the Sunkern to hear what Dexter has to say.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon

Type: Grass

Sunkern tries to move as little as it possibly can. It does so because it tries to conserve all the nutrients it has stored in its body for its evolution. It will not eat a thing, subsisting only on morning dew.

"They're just so very cute!" Kairi gushed at the sight. She sets her sights on a Ledyba with small antennae. "Okay, Jigglypuff! Go!" She threw her Pokéball letting out Jigglypuff.

"Puff, Puff, Jigglypuff!"

"Jigglypuff! Use Pound!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff used Pound to smack Ledyba hard. The ladybug Pokémon fights back with Tackle. "Use Double Slap!" Jigglypuff slaps Ledyba silly. Ledyba used Comet Punch hitting her three time. "Now use Sing!" Jigglypuff sang a song as multicolored music notes surrounded Ledyba and it fell asleep. Kairi threw one of her Pokéballs at the sleeping bug Pokémon and it flows inside. The Pokéball wobbles around and around for a few seconds until stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Now I have a Ledyba!"

"Jigglypuff!"

"Togepi!"

"Nice catch, Kairi," Sora complemented.

"Thank you, Sora," Kairi smiled. "But, I'm feeling confident for another catch!" She sets her sights on a Sunkern. "You still up for it, Jigglypuff?"

"Puff!" Jigglypuff nodded.

"Great! Use Double Slap on that Sunkern!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff heads right towards Sunkern and lands Double Slap on the wild Sunkern. It fights back by firing Razor Leaf right at the balloon Pokémon. "Dodge it and use Pound!" Jigglypuff floats in the air and launches herself at the seed Pokémon. Sunkern gets struck hard. "Sing!" Jigglypuff sang her song again as multicolored music notes hits the seed Pokémon sending it to sleep. Kairi threw her Pokéball and it flows inside. The Pokéball wobbles around and around for a couple of seconds before stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Now I have a Sunkern!"

"Jigglypuff!"

"Togepi!"

"And that makes two catches!" Mallow said. "I am so jealous since you have such a cute little one!"

"I can't help it," Kairi said. "Ledyba and Sunkern are pretty cute. The same for Togepi and Jigglypuff."

Mallow puffed up her cheeks and set her sights on a floating Hoppip.

"I guess I can settle with a Hoppip," Mallow said. "I always wanted one of those." Mallow took out Weepinbell's Pokéball and threw it. "Go for it, Weepinbell!" The Pokéball opens and released Weepinbell.

"Bell, Bell!" Weepibell said.

"Weepinbell! Vine Whip!" Mallow ordered as Weepinbell sends out Vine Whip and it hits Hoppip hard. The wild Hoppip charges at Weepinbell with a Tackle. "Vine Whip again! But hold it!" Weepinbell wraps Vine Whip around the pink plant Pokémon and brings it down. "Now use Seed Bomb!" Weepinbell sends out a huge seed and it explodes upon making contact with Hoppip. The cottonweed Pokémon falls to the ground exhausted. Mallow took out a Pokéball and threw it at the small Pokémon. Hoppip flows inside the Pokéball and it wobbles around and around until stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Hooray! I have a Hoppip!"

"Weepinbell, Bell, Bell!" Weepinbell cheered.

With three catches made by two Pokémon trainers, the group continues on with their journey.

The group made it to a town called Happy Town in the dead of night.

"Man, I'm so very, very tired," Sora groaned.

"My feet are killing me," Acerola said.

"I'm getting mighty hungry," Sophocles said.

"Same here," Mallow said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"I could use a hot bath," Lillie said.

"So could I," Lana said.

"I feel I could collapse at any moment," Kiawe said.

"Even for me, this is too much walking," Hapu said.

"We'll have to make our way to the local Pokémon Center for the night," Illima said.

"That's a good idea," Sora said. "I hope that it's close to use."

"Pikachu," Pikachu said exhausted.

"Our Pokémon could use a boost as well," Kairi said.

"Togepi."

The group wondered the streets until they found what they were looking for.

"Here's one!" Sora said as he and Pikachu rushed over with the rest of the group following them. "Good food and hot showers for everyone!" Sora tries to open the door and finds that it's locked. Sora groaned in disappointment. "I think it's closed."

"Closed?!" Hapu asked.

"No way," Mina groaned.

"Maybe someone inside is still awake. Better knock and find out," Sora said. He starts knocking on the door. "Hello in there. Anybody home?" Sora kept knocking. "Nurse Joy or anybody else inside? Anybody?" Sora got his answer when the door hits at the head knocking him down. "Ow!" Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all saw it was a Blissey inside and still awake.

"Blissey."

"Ow, my head," Sora groaned.

"Blissey, Blissey!" The egg-shaped Pokémon apologized.

"Don't worry about it. I took worse hits than a door at the head. Accidents happen," Sora said standing on his feet and accepting Blissey's apology. Sora's stomach starts growling. He chuckles nervously. "But I could use something to eat right about now." Blissey's face lit up and led the group inside right into the eating area. "Hey, you don't have to drag me." Sora chuckled a bit. Blissey went inside the kitchen and enough food for the whole group.

"What do you think that Blissey is up to in there?" Lana asked.

"I don't know, but she does sound happy," Kairi said.

"Blissey!" Blissey came out with trays of food freshly made for everyone.

"I thought as much," Kairi said.

"Blissey made a ton of food for us!" Lillie said.

"Let's stop talking and start eating!" Mallow said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Pikachu!"

"Togepi!"

Blissey carries the trays as they all wobble with eack skip.

"Hey, Blissey! Take it easy! Don't get carried away!" Sora told the happiness Pokémon.

"You're going to spill all that if you're not careful!" Kiawe said.

"Blissey, Blissey!"

Sora and Pikachu ran across the eating area with Blissey blissfully pursuing them. Sora trips as Blissey skips towards Sora and the food falls right on him. "YEOW! THAT'S HOT!" Sora ended up being covered in food. Sora saw how his baggy clothes wasn't too dirty.

"Blissey, Blissey," Blissey bowed her head in apology. Sora chuckled.

"That's okay, Blissey. That was an accident. I know you're just trying to help," Sora said assuredly. That made Blissey feel better knowing that the Pokémon trainer had forgiven her.

"Blissey, Blissey!"

Blissey led Sora to the showers just so he can get cleaned up. Sora took off his baggy clothes and entered the showers happily scrubbing himself with a sponge soaked with soap.

"That does feel nice," Sora said happily. Blissey enters the shower.

"Blissey, Blissey!"

"I guess you could wash my back," Sora said. "It has been quite a while anyway." Blissey grabs a broom and used it on Sora's back. "OOOOUUUUUCCCHHHH!" Sora's back ended up with scratches.

Sora lays on the bed on his belly and the scratches are burning red.

"That back is really scrubbed," Acerola said.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"You sure you're okay, Sora?" Kairi asked in concern.

"I'm fine Kairi," Sora said. "Really, I am. A scratch on the back isn't to keep me down." Blissey looked over to Sora feeling sorry for what she did.

"Blissey, Blissey."

"You don't have to apologize, Blissey. I know you didn't hurt me on purpose," Sora said. "Anything for the scratches?" Blissey grabbed a can of rubbing alcohol and a rag. Sora winced at the sight. "That's not rubbing alcohol, is it?"

"That looks like it's too much rubbing alcohol," Mallow said.

"And when they hit those scratches," Lana said.

"Blissey, wait! That's way too much!" Kairi tried to warn the happiness Pokémon. But, it was too late, because when it made contact, Sora screams in pain at the sensation. A few minutes later, Nurse Joy woke up in a yawn with earplugs in her ears. She walks down the hallway of the Pokémon Center removing the earplugs.

"I'll have to ask Blissey if anything happened whike I was asleep," Nurse Joy said. She opens the door and gasped as she thought she just saw a mummy wonder into the Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy screams in shock.

Meanwhile, an obese man wearing his pajamas and a night cap is seen sleeping in his bed and he jumps out of bed hearing the screams not too far away. He falls out of bed and he taps his fingers on the floor.

"That is it! I'm moving to Azalea Town!" The man said.

A few minutes later, Sora has his belly properly bandaged as the group explained to the nurse of what happened.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am that my Blissey has caused for you, Sora," Nurse Joy apologized.

"Blissey, Blissey."

"I just hope you can understand that Blissey just wants to help," Nurse Joy said. "Don't hold it against her. Blissey's heart is always in the right place."

"Don't worry about it, Nurse Joy," Sora said. "I knew your Blissey didn't really do anything wrong."

"She only got carried away with being so helpful," Hapu said.

"Too carried away if you ask me," Sophocles said.

"I know how you must feel, but Blissey just tries very hard to be the best nurse she could possibly be," Nurse Joy said. "Isn't that right?"

"Blissey, Blissey!"

Everyone accepted Nurse Joy's apology and decided to head off to bed and get some sleep before anymore accidents happens to anyone else besides Sora. Sophocles wasn't too happy about going to bed without any dinner.

"Man, I'm so hungry!" Sophocles groaned. Sora turned to Sophocles along with Kairi and the rest of the Alolan nine.

"We're just as hungry as you are, but just stop complaining and go to sleep, will ya?" Sora scolded his friend.

"Try telling that to my stomach," Sophocles groaned as he tried to fall asleep.

Outside somewhere else in Happy Town, Gligar managed to the follow the group to the Pokémon Center. He knew there was food inside. Gligar snuck in through the air vents. Gligar got out and sniffed around for some food. The scent of food led the hungry Pokémon to the food pantry. Gligar happily helped himself inside a box and happily ate the contents inside.

Gligar let out a big yawn feeling satisfied and sleepy with a full belly and fell asleep inside the box. Gligar gave off a loud burp as he slept soundly.

"I needed that." - Gligar subtitle.

Gligar slept like a baby in his crib snoring loudly. On the very next morning, Blissey was getting the food needed for the group's breakfast when she heard snoring from one of the boxes. She opened the box and saw a Gligar sleeping inside.

"Blissey!" Blissey's cheer stirred the fly scorpion Pokémon awake and saw the Blissey looking back at him. Gligar yelped in terror and quickly dashed out of the Pokémon Center fearing he'd be in very hot water if someone else saw him.

"Sorry for barging in! I was just hungry and sleepy!"- Gligar subtitle.

Gligar ran out the door just when Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were all stepping out of the room they were staying at. They all saw the door closed, but no one entered or left; so it would seem. Gligar climbed up the nearest tree and hid in the leaves not wanting to be seen. The flying Pokémon panted heavily as he also sweated. Back inside, everyone was wondering what was that about.

"Any idea what was that?" Sora asked.

"I don't seem to know," Illima said.

None of them questioned it and ate the breakfast properly delivered to them with Nurse Joy's help making sure there weren't any accidents just like last night. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine ate their breakfast happily feeling satisfied with a full belly.

"What a meal!" Acerola beamed.

"I know I'm definitely full," Lana said.

"Me too," Sora said. "It was worth the wait after a good night's sleep."

"Would have been better if we had a meal from last night. But, Sora is right. It was worth it," Sophocles said.

Just as everyone ate, Nurse Joy had everyone's Pokémon in for a checkup. After waiting for a while, Nurse Joy came out with everyone's Pokémon brought back to them.

"All of your Pokémon are in good shape," Nurse Joy said smiling. "You all did a wonderful job with them."

"Thanks for that," Sora said smiling.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine said their goodbyes to Nurse Joy and Blissey as they took their leave since Violet City wasn't too far away.

As the group took off, Gligar watched the group leave the Pokémon Center and continued to follow them not wanting to be seen by the group. After traveling a few hours or so, the group took a small break to rest their feet.

"I guess we've earned ourselves a little break," Sora said.

"I don't mind going further, but it's better to travel with your friends just so you don't get lost," Hapu said.

"I'd rather not get lost," Mallow said.

"Me neither," Lana said.

"We'll just rest up for a little while and take off once we're fully rested," Kairi said.

Sora and the Alolan nine agreed when they heard something close to them. It was a wild Mareep and it was taking a sip at a nearby pond.

"Guys! A Mareep!" Sophocles beamed. "I have always wanted one! Now I'm going to have one of my own!" He pulled out a Pokéball as he knew which one he was going to use. "Okay, Togedemaru! Go!" He threw the Pokéball letting out Togedemaru.

"Togedemaru!"

Mareep stops drinking and looked at the small hedgehog-like Pokémon in front of it.

"Okay, Togedemaru! Use Pin Missle!" Sophocles ordered. Togedemaru fired pins from her spins. The attack hits the sheep Pokémon as it fought back by sending out Thunder Shock. Luckily, Togedemaru's ability Lightning Rod allowed her to absorb the electric attack. "Use Zing-Zap!" Togedemaru performed her signature move and landed a hit on the Mareep. It falls to the ground beaten. Sophocles threw the Pokéball as it flows inside. The Pokéball wobbles around for a bit. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "I just caught a Mareep!"

"Togede!"

"That was quite a catch, Sophocles!" Kiawe said.

"Thanks Kiawe," Sophocles said.

Once their break was done, the group continued on with their journey, but then a Poliwag ran across them. Lana's eyes lit up at the sight.

"A Poliwag! I wanted one of those for a long time! It's just so cute as the one Sora had!" Lana said as she took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Okay Cloyster! Go!" She lets out her Cloyster to battle. "Okay Cloyster! Use Ice Beam!" Cloyster fires Ice Beam right at the tadpole Pokémon. "Now use Spike Cannon!" Cloyster fired spikes from the spikes on her shell and it strikes the wild Poliwag hard. She took out a Pokéball that seems to have a light blue top with black bands crossing it in a "net" pattern. "Net Ball, go!" She threw the Net Ball at the Poliwag as it flows inside. The Net Ball wobbles around and around as stars swirls around the Net Ball confirming the catch. "I have myself a Poliwag!"

"Cloyster, Cloy!" Cloyster shared her trainer's joy.

The group continued on to Violet City and they eventually made it to their destination. It was indeed Violet City, the home of the very first Johto Gym for Sora's Gym battle.

"This is it! Violet City!" Sora said.

"We finally made it!" Kairi said.

"We should hit the Pokémon Center before we look for the Gym," Illima suggested.

"You're right, Illima," Sora agreed. "Our Pokémon could use a checkup."

"Pikachu!"

Just when the group were about to head to the Pokémon Center, Pikachu stops to sniff some flowers when two kids; a boy and a girl spotted Pikachu thinking he was a wild Pokémon.

"Hey! A Pikachu!" The boy shouted in excitement. They accosted the mouse Pokémon grabbing their attention continually grabbing and poking him and then started fighting over Pikachu. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine knew Pikachu wasn't liking the pulls they were doing and they all knew Pikachu was getting ready to shock the two kids.

"Wait! Stop! Don't do that!" Sora called out running up to the kids and grabs Pikachu taking the shocks. "AAAAAHHHHHH!" Pikachu stops shocking Sora. "This may come to a shock to you, but this Pikachu is actually mine."

"It is?" The girl questioned.

"Aw man, I was hoping it was a wild Pokémon," the boy said. Sora quickly recovered from the shock.

"Well, he's not! And you shouldn't have did that to my Pikachu," Sora scolded the kids. "Pikachu was going to shock the both of you if you kept doing that."

"But we only wanted to cuddle Pikachu because it was cute," the girl pouted.

"And it's also cool!" The boy said.

"But, did Pikachu like that?" Sora asked the kids.

The kids looked at Pikachu and they clearly saw Pikachu didn't like that one little bit.

"We're sorry," the little girl said.

"Zackie! Lizzie!" A woman's voice called out. They turned and saw a young woman run out. "What are you two doing out here? You should be in class right now!"

"I was only trying to catch a Pikachu," the boy said as the teacher took notice of the eleven kids standing there.

"Oh, I am so very sorry!" The teacher bowed her head in apology. "I hope my students didn't cause any trouble for you."

"Don't worry about it," Sora said accepting the teacher's apology. "I'm used to the shocks."

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"I'm glad to hear you're so forgiving," the teacher said.

"If Pikachu is your Pokémon, then you're a Pokémon trainer right?" Zackie asked.

"That's right," Sora said.

"All of us are," Kiawe said.

"That's wonderful! I'm Miss Priscilla, one of the teachers here at the Pokémon Academy," the teacher said.

"I'm Sora," He introduced himself. "The girl with the Togepi is Kairi, my girlfriend."

"My name is Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"I'm Mallow."

"The name's Kiawe."

"My name is Lana."

"I'm Sophocles."

"I'm Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"It's very nice to meet you," Miss Priscilla said.

"So what's the Pokémon Academy exactly?" Sora asked. "I only heard of the Pokémon School on Mele Mele Island."

"Mele Mele Island? I take it you're from the Alola region?" Miss Priscilla asked.

"All of us except for these two here," Acerola said gesturing to Sora and Kairi.

"Well, to answer your question, Sora, this academy is to teach children about Pokémon training," Miss Priscilla explained. "But I was wondering if you would like to volunteer about Pokémon training; share your experiences. If you please?"

"We also wanna see what other Pokémon you have," Zackie said.

"I don't know," Sora said. "What do the rest of you think?"

"We could help teach the kids about Pokémon," Sophocles said.

"And this can be an experience for them to witness Pokémon from different regions," Illima said.

"I guess you're right," Sora said. "I'm no hurry for my first Gym battle anyway."

"How wonderful! I'm sure the principal will be pleased to have you as guest teachers!" Miss Priscilla said. The young teacher led the Pokémon trainers into the classroom. Once they got there they all saw the principal wearing a ballerina oufit doing some pirouettes in his office. Sora clearly didn't know to laugh of cringe at his behavior.

"I am the head of the board of the Pokémon Academy," the principal said doing his ballet dance. "I hereby make you honorary teachers ,so you could tell us all about Pokémon."

"This is our principal, Mr. Earl Dervish," Miss Priscilla introduced the principal.

"What do you say, trainers? Join us. Give teaching a whirl!" Principal Dervish pleaded dancing. Sora leans over to the teacher.

"Is there something wrong with him? You can tell me," Sora whispered.

"I just love a person who dances with that kind of energy," Miss Priscilla said. "I mean don't you?" Sora looked over to his friends and they all shrugged.

"And I thought Mad Ivan was a looney tune," Sora said in his thoughts.

"So, let's begin with you, Sora," Miss Priscilla suggested. "Why don't you tell us about yourself?"

"Sure thing," Sora said. "Well, I'll begin that I actually came from Pallet Town in the Kanto region. I did my travels throughout the region and won the eight Gym Badges there." The kids muttered to each other. "I entered the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League and won the tournament." The kids got wide-eyed when they heard him say that.

"You mean you're that Sora Ketchum guy everyone is talking about?" One little boy asked raising his hand.

"Yeah, that's right," Sora answered.

"How did win it?" Another little boy asked raising his hand.

"I trained for it," Sora answered. "I did some serious training just before the competition started. Just before you consider going into battle, you have to remember to train your Pokémon, but don't work them beyond the point of exhaustion." The kids were hanging onto his every word. "If you work your Pokémon too hard, then you'll be in for a downfall." The room went silent. "Any questions?" Zackie raised his hand. "Yeah you." Sora pointed to him.

"Can your Pikachu really beat even a Ground Type Pokémon like a Sandshrew," Zackie asked.

"Yes, if you use Pikachu properly. And that's something I'm going to hand over to Sophocles here," Sora gestures Sophocles to take over.

"Thanks Sora. Electric Type Pokémon can beat a Ground Type when their trainers work hard enough," Sophocles explained. "So, it's important to pay attention to Type strengths and weaknesses." Sophocles said. "And I'll hand it to Kairi."

"Thanks," Kairi said taking over. "Battling with your Pokémon is one thing. But you should also have them healed on a regular basis. When you take proper care of your Pokémon and treat them with love, and they will love you in return."

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped. Lillie stepped up.

"It is important to build a strong bond with your Pokémon," Lillie said. "There are some Pokémon that will evolve when they're treated with enough love and care." Hapu takes over.

"But if you go and abuse your Pokémon and treat them like less than nothing, there will come a time when they turn on you," Hapu said. "That is the mark of an irresponsible Pokémon trainer." Zackie raises his hand.

"Let's say if you have a Pokéball and you use it to catch a Pokémon that belongs to another trainer and the Pokémon goes inside it; will the Pokémon obey the new trainer?" Zackie asked. He looked at Pikachu with the intention of taking a Pokéball from one of the trainers and use it to catch Sora's Pikachu.

"That is not possible," Illima answered. "Pokéballs are only designed to catch wild Pokémon; not human trained Pokémon. Even if it were possible, then that would be regarded as stealing. And that is against the law." Zackie groaned as his answer wasn't the answer he wanted.

"You should never steal Pokémon from another trainer because the trainer can and will press charges against you," Kiawe said.

"But the Pokémon already caught can obey new trainers when they are traded," Acerola said.

"But both parties has to be in a full agreement," Lana said.

"The important thing what you have to know about Pokémon is to have them on certain diets to keep them healthy," Mallow explained. "You must remember to feed them whenever they get hungry. Also, there will be certain foods they eat; food such as different kind of berries they will eat."

"Some berries can heal your Pokémon's stamina while there are others that can heal their statis," Mina said.

The kids were taking it all in. Zackie was still disappointed to hear a Pokéball won't work on Pokémon already caught by a trainer.

"So, who here wanna meet our Pokémon during recess?" Sora asked.

"ME!" All the kids said at once.

"Okay kids! Here they are!" Sora threw his four Pokéballs and Premier Ball letting out Silvally, Hoothoot, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile.

"Togepi isn't the only one I have! Come on out!" Kairi said as she let out Jigglypuff, Ledyba, and Sunkern.

"Now here are mine," Lillie said as she let out Snowy, Ponyta, and Magearna. The rest of the Alolan nine all let out their Pokémon. All the kids were amazed just by how many there were. Some of the kids were looking at Lillie's Vulpix very interested.

"Is this a Vulpix?" One little girl asked.

"It's so white," another little girl said.

"Snowy is an Alolan Vulpix; an Ice Type," Lillie explained.

Over to Kiawe, two of the boys looked at his Marowak pretty amazed by how he looks.

"This is a Marowak, right?" One of the boys asked.

"Is something wrong with it?" The other boy asked.

"Nothing's wrong with my Marowak," Kiawe said. "My Marowak is an Alolan Marowak. So, it's a Fire Type and a Ghost Type."

"How did Marowak get like this?" The first boy asked.

"Well, it was due to an adaptation to an environment," Kiawe said.

Over to Acerola, some of the kids were looking at her Mimikyu funny.

"What's wrong with this Pikachu?" One of the girls asked.

"Nothing's wrong. And that's not a Pikachu. It's a different Pokémon called Mimikyu," Acerola corrected.

"Mimikyu?" The kids asked.

"That's right. Mimikyu is a Ghost Type and a Fairy Type," Acerola said.

"Why does it look like a Pikachu?" One of the boys asked.

"Mimikyu is pretty lonely and just wants to be loved," Acerola said picking up the disguise Pokémon and giving her a hug. "And I really do love her."

Mimikyu blushed under her cloth feeling accepted by her trainer.

All of the kids had a blast playing with the group's Pokémon. A couple of the kids jumped onto Turtonator's shell despite Kiawe's warning about the spikes on his shell. One of them made contact and exploded.

The kids were pretty excited to meeting Silvally for the first time. Sora explains to the kids that Silvally is a special kind of Pokémon leaving out the details of the Ultra Beasts.

Once recess was over and done with, the group took their leave of the academy and set off for the Pokémon Center. The kids were saddened to see them take off, but they all wished Sora luck. But several of the kids wanted an autograph from him so he obliged them with some.

Since Sora found out he's going to be dealing with Flying Type Pokémon, he figured Pikachu is the best bet so he went with that. He also decided to have Phanpy since Rollout is a Rock Type move, so he exchanged Silvally for Phanpy.

Now that Sora and the others have made it to Violet City, he is closer than ever to win his very first Johto Gym badge. How will it turn out? Will Sora win it or will he lose it on the very first try? Just keep reading and find out.