Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ A Date in Violet City ( Chapter 97 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 97: A Date In Violet City

After dropping off their Pokémon at the local Pokémon Center, Sora and Kairi decided to have themselves a date since Sora had promised her one once the battle was over. The couple made their way to the local ice cream parlor and they order a single milkshake to share.

"One banana strawberry milkshake with two straws, please," Sora said.

"Coming up," the clerk said as he got started making their order. "Two strays. Anything else?"

"We're good," Sora said as he paid for the purchase. He and Kairi made their way to a table and sat down. They started to drink the beverage. Once they finished their milkshake, Sora gave Kairi the cherry on the top. Sora fed the cherry and she happily ate it.

"Does that taste good?" Sora asked his girlfriend.

"It does. But it tastes better with you around," Kairi said smiling. Sora chuckled a bit.

The couple take their leave of the ice cream parlor unaware of Team Rocket watching them leave. It turns out they took out a part-time job as construction workers doing reconstruction on the road.

"There they are," Meowth said.

"The twerp couple, but no sign of Pikachu or Togepi," James pointed out.

"They must have left them with their twerpy friends," Jessie guessed. "This is just plain perfect! Pikachu and the other Pokémon are left virtually unguarded!"

"Pikachu is as good as ours now!" Meowth said.

The foreman came along.

"Hey you three! Get back to work! I'm not paying you to talk! Now hop to it! Put your backs into it!" The foreman yelled.

"Yessir!" Team Rocket said.

"You work with your hands! Not your mouths! Come on, come on! Swing it harder! Swing it faster! Come on! My grandma can swing those sledgehammers faster than you three! Keep going! Keep going!"

"What a slave driver," Jessie said in a whisper.

"I don't why we ever let you talk us into it," James said in a whisper.

"I didn't know it was going to be really hard work," Meowth said in a whisper.

"Stop your whispering!" The foreman yelled. "That roadwork isn't going to do itself! Move it! Move it! Move it!"

Back to the Pokémon Center, Pikachu had been given the task of babysitting Togepi once again despite that one time. Pikachu had to make sure Togepi stayed out of trouble until they came ba k to the Pokémon Center to pick them up and head to Azalea Town.

(Flashback, it was shortly after coming back from the Violet City Gym.)

Sora had to have a talk with Pikachu just before they take off. Pikachu was holding Togepi at the time.

"Okay, Pikachu. I'm giving you another chance to look after Togepi while Kairi and I have our date," Sora said. "You think you can handle it?"

"Pika!" Pikachu gave a salute.

"Atta boy! Just make sure Togepi takes his nap by the time we come back and whatever you do, don't let Togepi out of your sight, no matter what," Sora instructed his partner. "We don't wanna have a repeat of the last time."

"Pikachu," Pikachu remembered that incident well. But Pikachu was grateful that he was forgiven for what happened and he had to make sure it didn't happen again. Kairi walked up.

"Come on, Sora," Kairi said. "We a date to go on."

"Okay. I'm ready to go anyway," Sora said. Kairi picked up Togepi and gave her baby Pokémon a little hug.

"Be good for me till we come back, baby," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

"Okay, we're off," Sora said. "See you later, Pikachu."

(Back to the present)

Pikachu kept a vigil watch over Togepi since he's still a baby. Pikachu had to keep Togepi close to him no matter what. At some point, Nurse Joy let Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine's Pokémon out so they could play in the pin. The Alolan all stood at the pin and watched their Pokémon have some fun. Kairi's new Ledyba and Sunkern played happily with Snowy while Magearna sat along Mudsdale, Vikavolt, Turtonator and Gyarados. Stantler mostly stayed close to Bewear since she is a bit of a mother figure to the caribou Pokémon. Sophocles's new Mareep played with Ponyta with Lana's new Poliwag riding on it. Kairi simply knew this Mareep is a male.

Pikachu and Togepi played together with some of the other Pokémon. Marowak simply loved Togepi to pieces. Marowak seems to remember one time, Togepi was going to happily eat an apple when a hungry Pinsir tried to scare Togepi off only for the bone keeper Pokémon smack the stag beetle Pokémon with his bone. That Pinsir ended up being scared off.

It turns out all of the Alolan nine's Pokémon all loved Togepi, as the same for all of Sora's Pokémon. Although Kairi had been worried about some of them scaring him since some of them are on the big side. But luckily, Togepi wasn't scared of them at all.

The Alolan nine all took their leave of the pin just so as they could get some needed excerise. They told them to help Pikachu keep an eye on Togepi.

"So. What do you guys feel like doing?" Hapu asked.

"I was thinking we should hit the arcade whike we're here!" Sophocles suggested.

"I don't we can find one here," Kiawe said.

"We'll have to do a restock on some supplies before we take off," Illima said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"Good idea. We were starting to run low," Lillie seconded it.

The Alolan nine took off to the local market to pick up the supplies they needed before they take off.

Over to Sora and Kairi, they make a stop to the local movie theater and caught a romantic flick. Sora placed his arm around Kairi as they watched the film.

Once the movie was over and done with, they decided to have a stroll on the park. They passed by an elderly couple sitting down on a bench.

"Oh, look at, honey," the elderly man said. "This takes me back when we were younger. Remember honey bun?"

"Yes, dear," the elderly woman responded. He held out his hand.

"Take my hand, honey bunch," the man said. The woman obliges him.

The couple take a seat at a fountain among other couples present. Sora took Kairi by the hand and gave her a kiss on the lips.

"It's really nice for us to have a some time to ourselves on occasion," Sora said. "Just you and me alone."

"Well, I'm not sure about the whole alone part," Kairi said referring to the other couples around.

"How about we pretend we're the only ones here. I mean, it's more romantic that way, right?" Sora asked. Kairi looked at her boyfriend's face and giggles.

"I guess you're right," Kairi said. She and Sora kissed each other on the lips again only to be interrupted by a loud gasp. They all turned to see a slim young girl of medium height. She has long brown hair tied in low bunches, peach skin and brown eyes. Her attire and appearance consists of a white rounded hat with a red ribbon on it, brown hair tied in pigtails, brown eyes and fair skin. She wore a black top under a quarter-sleeved dark red sweater with a light beige collar, denim jean overalls, a yellow handbag, white and black knee-length stockings, and red shoes with white soles.

"I'm sorry. It's just so nice to see such a happy couple like you two like this," the girl said. "So very romantic! You two are so very good as a couple!" The girl went on with her eyes twinkling with stars.

"Um, thanks," Sora said.

"That is very nice of you to say," Kairi said. "But who are you?"

"Oh sorry! I hadn't introduced myself," the girl realized. "My name is Lyra."

"Well, I'm Kairi," she introduced herself.

"And I'm Sora," he also introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you," Lyra said. "So, what brings you two here?"

"We were just having ourselves a little date," Kairi said.

"One I promised her after I had the battle with Falkner," Sora said. Lyra was surprised by what he just said.

" You battled Falkner and won a badge? So, you're a Pokémon trainer? Where did you come from?" Lyra asked.

"Kairi and I both came from Pallet Town in Kanto," Sora answered the girl's question.

"I'm a Pokémon trainer also," Kairi admitted. "We left our Pokémon at the Pokémon Center."

"But what town are you from?" Sora asked.

"I came from New Bark Town," Lyra answered. "And I just became a trainer just a fee days ago."

"Did you get your first Pokémon from Professor Elm?" Sora asked.

"Yes I did. And I came here to battle the Gym Leader while I'm here," Lyra said. "Anyway, I should be going. It was nice meeting you. And sorry for bothering you." Lyra took her leave of the couple. Sora and Kairi just shared a laugh having a feeling they were going to see her again.

The couple went back to their date. They both had their dinner at a restaurant with karaoke booths. Sora was searching for some songs to sing.

"So, what song do you wanna sing?" Sora asked.

"What are the options?" Kairi asked.

"There's a lot of songs to sing," Sora said. "I mean a LOT."

"You think there are some we can sing together?" Kairi asked. "I think we should do duets." Sora smiled and nodded.

"Okay, if you feel that way," Sora said. "You pick the first one." Sora handed Kairi the booklet. Kairi looked through the titles of the songs and smiled when she found one.

"I was thinking of this one," Kairi said pointing to the song title.

"You wanna sing that, huh?" Sora asked.

"I do," Kairi said.

"Okay Kairi. If that's what you want," Sora said smiling. That made Kairi smile.

The song she wanted to sing with Sora is entitled "A Whole New World" and for some reason, it seemed appropriate to sing. Sora selected the song and he grabbed one of the microphones as the music starts playing. Kairi grabbed the other one.

(Sora)

I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering splendid

Tell me, princess, now when did

You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes

Take you wonder by wonder

Over sideways and under

On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world

A new fantastic point of view

No one to tell us no

Or where to go

Or say we're only dreaming

(Kairi)

A whole new world

A dazzling place I never knew

But when I'm way up here

It's crystal clear

That now I'm in a whole new world with you

(Sora)

Now I'm in a whole new world with you

(Kairi)

Unbelievable sights

Indescribable feeling

Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling

Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world

(Sora)

Don't you dare shut your eyes

(Kairi)

A hundred thousand things to see

(Sora)

Hold your breath, it gets better

(Kairi)

I'm like a shooting star

I've come so far

I can't go back to where I used to be

(Sora)

A whole new world

(Kairi)

Every moment, red-letter

(Sora and Kairi)

I'll chase them anywhere

There's time to spare

Let me share this whole new world with you

(Sora)

A whole new world

(Kairi)

A whole new world

(Sora)

That's where we'll be

(Kairi)

That's where we'll be

(Sora)

A thrilling chase

(Kairi)

A wondrous place

(Sora and Kairi)

For you and me

The song ends and they smiled a bit. Kairi's eyes filled a bit with tears having to sing a song with Sora.

"That was such a wonderful song," Kairi said.

"And I'm glad you chose it," Sora said. "I always pictured you as a princess when we met. Also, you sing beautifully."

"Oh, Sora," Kairi said feeling moved. The couple kissed each other. "Do you wanna choose the next one?"

"Sure," Sora answered. He searched for one. "Ah, here's a good one. How about it?" The song Sora has chosen is entitled "Somewhere Out There." Kairi knows she's never alone, but she'll be happy to sing it with him. "How about you start up?" Kairi nodded. Sora started the song and Kairi started with the lyrics.

(Kairi)

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight

(Sora)

Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer

That we'll find one another in that dream somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are

It helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star

(Kairi)

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby

It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

(Sora and Kairi)

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through

Then we'll be together somewhere out there

Out where dreams come true

Sora gave Kairi a kiss on the lips and she kissed him back as the solo part played. They broke the kiss just so Sora can sing his part again.

(Sora)

And even though I know how very far apart we are

It helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star

(Kairi)

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby

It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

(Sora and Kairi)

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through

Then we'll be together somewhere out there

Out where dreams come true

Kairi hugged her boyfriend and gave him a loving kiss on the lips.

"That was a good one," Kairi said.

"Let's sing one more song and then head back," Sora suggested.

"Okay. But let's choose together this time," Kairi suggested.

"Okay," Sora said. They looked through the booklet and chose a song called "Looking Through Your Eyes." Sora started the song and started to sing the first part.

(Sora)

Look at the sky

Tell me what do you see

Just close your eyes

And describe it to me

The heavens are sparkling

With starlight tonight

That's what I see

Through your eyes

(Kairi)

I see the heavens

Each time that you smile

I hear your heartbeat

Just go on for miles

And suddenly I know

My life is worthwhile

That's what I see

Through your eyes

(Sora and Kairi)

That's what I see

Through your eyes

Here in the night

I see the sun

Here in the dark

Our two hearts are one

It's out of our hands

We can't stop what we have begun

And love just took me by surprise

Looking through your eyes

I see a night I wish could last forever I see a world we're meant to see together

And it is so much more than I remember

(Sora)

More than I remember

(Kairi)

More than I have known

(Sora and Kairi)

Here in the night I see the sun

Here in the dark our two hearts are one

Its out of our hand

We can't stop what we have begun

And love just took me by surprise looking through your eyes

Looking through your eyes

Once the song had ended, Sora and Kairi kissed each other again and took their leave towards the Pokémon Center. It was already night and by then, the Alolan nine had already picked up their Pokémon. Sora and Kairi did the same thing. Kairi had seen Togepi sound asleep.

"Have you been a good by while I was gone?" Kairi cooed. Sora looked over to Pikachu.

"Good job, Pikachu. I knew I was right to pick you for the job," Sora said patting Pikachu's head.

"Pika, Pika," Pikachu chirped.

Sora and Kairi went into one of the rooms they were sharing with their friends, but there was one bunk bed left.

"I guess I'm sleeping on the floor tonight," Sora said.

"No you won't," Kairi stated grabbing his hand. "You're going to share one with me."

Sora just looked at her like she was crazy.

"You sure you wanna do that?" Sora asked.

"I'm sure," Kairi said. "I don't want you to catch a cold while sleeping on that floor."

"It's okay, Kairi," Sora said. "You really need it more than I do. And it looks like it's built for one. So, I'll..." Sora's sentence was cut short when she grabs him by the arm.

"No it's not okay," Kairi said. "You're sharing one with me and that's that." Sora saw how serious he is. Sora sighs as he caves in.

"Okay. You win," Sora said.

The couple climbed into the bunk bed and made themselves comfy; or try to in Sora's case.

"It's not as cramped as you thought," Kairi said.

"I guess you're right," Sora said. He was worried about falling off the bed. "You need a little more cover, Kairi?" Sora offers some of the blanket.

"I have enough, Sora," Kairi said. "But I would like it you gave me a goodnight kiss." Sora smiled and gave a light kiss on the lips. The couple falls asleep happily as the date after the Gym battle was still fresh in their minds.

Kairi managed to sleep soundly despite Sora's snoring. The Alolan nine even managed to sleep through Sora's snoring. It was early in the morning and Sora woke up with a yawn and looked over to Kairi is still sleeping happily. He managed to see her arms around him. She held Sora in her arms all night. Her touch felt so warm to him and he liked it.

Kairi and the Alolan nine all slowly woke up and had some breakfast in the messhall. Once they were all ready, the group stepped outside.

"Everyone ready to go?" Sora asked.

"I know I am," Lillie said.

The rest of the group nodded as they started to go Sora had bumped into a tall, slender boy with crimson red hair, pale skin, and dark eyes. He wears a high-collared navy coat with red trim, dark violet pants, a black belt around his waist, and navy shoes with red trim that match the colours of his coat. He scowls at Sora.

"Sorry about that. Didn't see you th-" Sora's sentence was cut short when the redhead grabbed Sora by the jacket.

"Watch where you're going, you spiky-haired runt!" The boy snapped at him before pushing him down to the ground.

"Sora!" Kairi gasped.

"Hey!" Sora yelled as he fell to the ground. "Excuse you!" Kairi helped him up as the rude boy just kept going. "What's his problem?"

"I don't know, but what a jerk," Kiawe said.

"It's best not to dwell on it so much," Illima said. "I don't think we're going to see him again anyway."

"I guess," Sora said.

The stormed through the city with his eyes filled with a hateful glare. His breathing was heavily due to his anger.

"I hate the weak. That applies to everyone! It dosen't matter who or what. I will have Pokémon that are strong! Not like my own father," the boy said.

(Flashback, it was a short time after Giovanni stepped down as Gym Leader of the Viridian City Gym)

Giovanni walks down the streets and the boy, the son of the Team Rocket boss get into a heated argument about him being away from his family for so long.

"I just don't get you, father! You never had any time for me! How long did mom get tired of it and just leave you all together?!" Giovanni's son yelled. "And to top it off, you're letting some kid run the Gym! Why father? Tell me why!"

"It is in order to secure a tight organization," Giovanni said. "The loss of the Gym is not going to derail my ambitions."

"What ambitions?!" Giovanni's son yelled.

"The ambitions to have the world beneath my heel. The world will belong to Rocket to rule," Giovanni said.

"I don't care about that! I don't care about the world! I don't care if you are the boss of Team Rocket! I only wanted someone to be there for me! I wanted it to be like when mom was living here! But, you had to put Team Rocket before your family!" Giovanni's son yelled.

"Life isn't always fair! I learned that the hard way when my mother was the boss of Team Rocket; and I hope one day, Silver, you would learn that too," Giovanni said. Silver growled.

"You don't care about me at all! All you care about is running your little organization! You were never there for me at all! You weren't present on any of my birthdays or any of the Christmases from every year! And the reason is you left the Gym to some kid is because you're weak! I don't want anything to do you or any of your affairs!" Silver yelled as he ran off.

Giovanni just stood there and watched his son leave. He did and said nothing to stop him.

(Present day)

Silver strolls down the streets of Violet City still angered by the memory. Silver looked into a nearby window and looked at himself in the reflection.

"On the day I cut ties with my old man, I vowed to get stronger. And I vowed to do that on my own," Silver said in his thoughts. "But there was one thing my old man was right about. Life isn't always fair. But, I will not become anything like you! And if your flunkies from Team Rocket get in my way, then I'll crush them just like I'll do to anyone who crosses me!"

Over to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine, they had set off to make it to Azalea Town to deliver the GS Ball to Kurt and for his second Johto Gym battle. Gligar follows them still not being seen by the group.

The group walked down the road when they came across a boy with black hair and pale skin. He wears a red hoodie, black shorts, gray and red sneakers, a gray backpack, a yellow and black backwards cap.

"Hey there," he greeted the group. He sets his sights on Sora and his Pikachu. "Just wondering if you're any good in a Pokémon battle."

"I am," Sora nodded.

"Great! The name's Ethan by the way," he introduced himself. "Ethan from New Bark Town."

"My name is Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town," Sora introduced himself. Ethan was shocked to hear him say his whole name.

"Sora Ketchum? The same Sora Ketchum who won the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League a while back?" Ethan asked.

"That's me!" Sora said.

"I can't believe that I'm about to challenge the number one Pokémon trainer from Kanto!" Ethan said.

"Well, I don't know about the number one Pokémon trainer in Kanto part," Sora said scratching the back of his head.

"Are you kidding?! You're a real celebrity here! I heard there was a Pokémon trainer who said he battled you and lost! And I just heard you had left Violet City after you beat Falkner!" Ethan stated.

"I had no idea how my name goes out so fast like that," Sora said chuckling nervously.

"So what do you say, Sora? Wanna battle?" Ethan challenged him.

"Okay Ethan. How do you wanna do it?" Sora asked.

"Let's make it two on two," Ethan suggested.

"You got it," Sora said. He took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Okay Hoothoot! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out Hoothoot. Stars swirls around the owl Pokémon upon making an entrance.

"Hoothoot!"

"A Shiny Hoothoot, huh? That's pretty cool," Ethan said taking out his own Pokéball. "Now here's my Hoothoot! Go!" Ethan threw his Pokéball letting out a normal Hoothoot.

"Hoothoot!"

"You can have the first move, Sora," Ethan said.

"Hoothoot! Tackle, let's go!" Sora ordered. Sora's Hoothoot charged towards the normal colored Hoothoot.

"Okay Hoothoot! You use Tackle too!" Ethan ordered. Ethan's Hoothoot charges towards Sora's Hoothoot and the attack landed a hit on the smaller Hoothoot.

"Move in with Wing Attack!" Sora called out. Sora's Hoothoot flew towards Ethan's Hoothoot and that attack did hit.

"Okay Hoothoot! Use Take Down!" Ethan called out. Ethan's Hoothoot rams into Sora's Hoothoot also taking recoil damage. "That was great! Now use Peck!" Ethan's Hoothoot pecks at Sora's Hoothoot and he fell to the ground knocked out. Sora picks up his fallen Hoothoot.

"You okay, Hoothoot?" Sora asked.

"Hoot," Hoothoot responded sadly.

"Don't worry about it. You did a great job," Sora said pulling out Hoothoot's Pokéball. "Take a rest." He calls back Hoothoot. "That was pretty good, Ethan. You did a great job raising your Pokémon."

"Thanks Sora," Ethan responded. "But the battle's not over yet." He calls back his Hoothoot and pulls out another Pokéball. "Now try this one on!" He holds the Pokéball in his hand. "Now let's see how well you handle my partner! Let's go, Cyndaquil!" Ethan threw his Pokéball letting out his Cyndaquil.

"Cyndaquil."

Ethan's Cyndaquil shoots out the flames on its back.

"So Ethan's first Pokémon was a Cyndaquil," Mallow pointed out.

"My best bet is to use Totodile against that Cyndaquil if I were Sora," Lana said.

"Yeah, but knowing Sora," Kairi started," he'll probably send in Pikachu instead." Sora looked over to Pikachu.

"You ready, Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded.

"Go for it!" Sora said as his partner rushes in.

"So you're sending Pikachu against my Cyndaquil, huh? Your Pikachu looks very strong. But not stronger than my Cyndaquil," Ethan said.

"You never know until you battle, Ethan," Sora said.

"You're right. Cyndaquil! Go for it!" Ethan called out. "Tackle!" Cyndaquil runs towards Pikachu to land a tackle.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Sora ordered. Pikachu ran towards the fire mouse Pokémon and lands a hit on the side.

"That was great! Now let's turn up the heat! Cyndaquil! Use Flame Wheel!" Ethan ordered. Cyndaquil ignites the flames on its back and somersaults in the air, rolling right into Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Dodge and use Electro Ball!" Sora called out. Pikachu moved to left before Flame Wheel could hit. Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and sends it towards Cyndaquil. The Fire Type Pokémon takes heavy damage from the attack. "Now use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu sends Thunderbolt right at Cyndaquil and it shocks Cyndaquil and it fell to the ground beaten. Ethan was amazed by what he just saw.

"Now way," Ethan said. "You beat me. I can see why you're the champ." Ethan shook his hand. "I hope I can have a battle with you again sometime."

"I'm looking forward to it," Sora said.

Ethan took his leave as did the group. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine continued on with their journey and Sora sets his sights to acquire seven more badges to compete in the Johto region's Pokémon League. Many more adventures awaits them.