Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ For Crying Out Loud! ( Chapter 98 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 98: For Crying Out Loud!

We open to a scene with Riku, Naminé, and Eevee as they made a stop for the night.

"This is a good place as any," Riku said.

"Vee," Eevee agreed.

"I guess you're right," Naminé said. "My feet were starting to get sore." Riku went up to Naminé and took off one of her shoes and rubbed her feet. He did it pretty gently.

"Does that feel good?" Riku asked.

"It does," Naminé said. "You're pretty gentle."

"I'll have to tell you that I'm not really a foot person," Riku said.

Riku rubbed Naminé's foot as gently as he could go. Eevee sniffed around for a bit and he spotted something. It was a blue egg with white polka dots. Eevee turned to Riku and Naminé and ran up to them.

"Eevee! Eevee! Eev! Eevee! Vee!" Eevee ran up to the couple to get their attention.

"What is it, Eevee?" Riku asked. Eevee gestures Riku to follow him only to find the egg. "Is this what you wanted me to see?"

"Vee!" Eevee nodded.

"Naminé, you should see this," Riku said.

"What is it, Riku?" Naminé asked. "Oh my! An egg!" Naminé's heart melted at the sight of the egg. "What could it be doing here?"

"Maybe someone must have abandoned it here or something," Riku guessed.

Naminé picked up the egg and held it.

"Don't worry, little egg. I won't leave you," Naminé said. "I promise that I'll never leave you."

Riku knew Naminé was going to have her very first Pokémon of her own soon enough.

Meanwhile, it had been a couple of days since the group left Violet City and set off to Azalea Town to make an important delivery and to challenge the Gym Leader of the Azalea Town Gym.

The group made a small stop by a river as they went in for a small swim.

"So nice," Mallow said.

"The water is very cool!" Acerola said enjoying the water.

"I think that was Lana's line," Sora joked. Lana splashed Sora in the face for that statement. "What was that for?"

"Nothing. Just felt like splashing someone," Lana said sticking out her tongue. Sora made some major splash backs as Totodile joined in the water fight.

Unknown to the group, an Ultra Wormhole opens and several Poipole come out of the wormhole aling with a purple dragonic-insectoid creature. Its Its upper body is slender with thin arms and a long neck. The upper chest, neck, head, and arms are light purple, while its waist is dark purple with a fuchsia stripe on each side. It has three stingers at its rear end. This was an Ultra Beast known as Naganadel. The Poipole and Naganadel flew off to see the world they had just entered.

Once they were done having fun, everyone got dried off and took off their wet swimwear when a ringing sound is heard. Sora knew what it could mean.

"Oh great," Sora groaned. He took the communicator from out his pocket and answered it. "Hey there, Lusamine." Kairi and the Alolan nine all joined Sora to hear what she had to say. "It's been a while."

"Indeed it has. An Ultra Wormhole has just opened just a little while ago and it our belief that more than one Ultra Beast has arrived into our world," Lusamine said.

"A dozen Ultra Beasts? That can't be good," Sora said.

"Mother, where can they be?" Lillie asked.

"They may have already have spread out by now. So, I will need you to keep an eye open for the Ultra Beasts. Capture them as soon as you see them," Lusamine said.

"I'm on it," Sora said. Lusamine broke contact and Sora took out his Pokédex and exchanged Hoothoot and Phanpy for Silvally and Poipole just to play it safe.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine continued on with their journey and at the same time, kept looking for the Ultra Beasts just in case any one of them shows up. A Poipole jumps out of nowhere catching the group by surprise.

"There's one!" Hapu yelled. Sora took out his Premier Ball and threw it.

"Silvally! Go!" Sora called out letting Silvally out. Sora accessed his Memory disks and gave Silvally a Psychic Memory since Psychic Type Pokémon has the advantage over Poison Types. "Multi-Attack!" Silvally attacked the lone Poipole and took it down with one hit. Sora took out a Beast Ball and threw it at the Poipole. The Ultra Beast flows inside the Beast Ball and it wobbles around and around. Stars swirls around the Beast Ball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing and he sends the newly caught Poipole to Professor Oak's lab so as he could transfer it to Lusamine. "That's one of the targets captured."

Meanwhile back at Pallet Town, Professor Oak, Lea, and Isa waited for the Beast Ball to arrive to them.

"Sora has successfully captured another Ultra Beast," Professor Oak said. "I wonder what he sent this time?"

Isa analyzes the ball and got a confirmation.

"It turns out that it's another Poipole," Isa stated.

"Aw man. I was hoping it was going to be a badass one! Just like the last one Sora sent over," Lea groaned.

"Any Ultra Beast can be dangerous if we leave them out on the loose," Professor Oak said. "And I do agree that Buzzwole was a mighty contender. But who knows how many more Ultra Beasts are out there."

Lea and Isa both knew how right Professor Oak was since learning of the Ultra Beasts. They had to be ready for anything just in case. Isa set the coordinates to the Aether Paradise while Lea is making contact with Lusamine at once.

"Sora has caught another one. And this one is a Poipole," Lea said. "The prof is sending it to you now."

"Good. I knew I picked the right one for the job," Lusamine said. "And thank you."

"Anytime," Lea said.

Professor Oak activates the teleporter and sends it straight to Lusamine. Once the Beast Ball arrived in the Aether Paradise, Faba took the ball while Wicke and Professor Burnet informed Lusamine of its arrival.

"The Ultra Beast has arrived safely," Professor Burnet stated.

"Good. Have the Ultra Wormhole opened as soon as I arrive," Lusamine instructed.

"Of course," Wicke said.

Once Lusamine arrived, Faba activated the Ultra Wormhole and Professor Burnet let out the Poipole Sora had captured. The little Ultra Beast entered the Wormhole as soon as it is let out.

Back in Johto, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all passed by a beautiful looking lake town.

"Look at this place," Lana said. "So beautiful."

"Sure is," Mina agreed.

"A town this nice is definitely a good place to live in since it's across a gorgeous lake," Mallow said.

They all took a moment to gaze at the lake across from them. Gligar manages to catch up with the group. He plucks an apple from a tree he's roosting on and ate it. He spotted Team Rocket being attacked by some Pokémon he never saw before.

"What the hell are these things?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"I don't know! Meowth! Talk to them!" James shouted.

"I tried to do that, but I can't understand what they're saying!" Meowth stated.

The Poipole launch their Venoshock at Team Rocket causing them to go flying in the air.

"Team Rocket is blasting off again," Jessie said.

"That's for sure," James added.

"I just hope we land somewhere soft for once," Meowth said.

Back over to the group, they gazed over to the lake while Kairi is holding her boyfriend's hand.

"Okay, enough sightseeing. We have to keep our eyes peeled for some Ultra Beasts while we're heading to Azalea Town," Sora said.

"That's right. Lusamine did tell us to catch them when we see them," Illima remembered.

"And they can show up at any moment when we least expect it," Sophocles said.

"And that can be at anytime," Kiawe said.

"But shouldn't we be worried about Team Rocket showing up at anytime too?" Lillie asked.

"Lillie's right. They might be planning a big plan to catch Pikachu," Kairi said.

"I had thought of that too. But those three aren't worth worrying about right now," Sora said. "But if they do try anything, we can always send them packing."

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

Kairi and the Alolan nine all agreed with Sora and decided to keep going. Just when they were about to get a move on they heard some rustling in the bushes. Sora got Silvally's Premiere Ball ready.

"Another Ultra Beast," Kairi whispered getting Ledyba's Pokéball ready as did the Alolan nine just in case it's a powerful one.

"Alright, everyone. Get ready," Sora said. Kairi and the Alolan nine all nodded as they were ready for just about anything. Well, anything except a Marill wearing a pink ribbon on its tail. "Wha?"

"A Marill," Kiawe said.

"It was a false alarm," Mallow said.

"Made us think it was for real," Acerola said.

"But what could a Marill be doing here?" Hapu asked.

"You don't think it may have gotten lost?" Lillie asked. Lana stood there gushing at the sight.

"A Marill! I want a Marill! I want this one!" Lana said as she took out a Pokéball and threw it at the Marill.

"Wait Lana! Don't!" Kairi tried to warn, but it was too late. The Pokéball hits the Marill, but the catch has failed. The Pokéball returns to Lana.

"It didn't work?" Lana asked.

"Mari..." Marill started to cry. Marill cried a powerful cry making a piercing sound on their ears.

"WAY TO GO, LANA! YOU MADE IT CRY!" Hapu yelled.

"WE HAVE TO GET MARILL TO STOP CRYING!" Sophocles also yelled.

"HOW?!" Sora also yelled.

"MAKE SOME FUNNY FACES! WHAT ELSE?!" Sophocles suggested. Sora and Pikachu went over to Marill making some funny faces to get the aqua mouse Pokémon to stop crying. It wasn't working. Kairi went up to the Marill picking the blue Pokémon up and giving it some upsies. That made Marill stop crying.

"There, there. Upsie daisy," Kairi said. "There, there. Who's a happy girl? Who's a happy girl?"

"That's a relief," Mallow said.

"Boy, I'll say," Sora said digging his finger into his ear to get his hearing back. He walked up to Kairi and smiled to see his girlfriend win over another Pokémon.

"I think this Marill belongs to someone," Kairi pointed out looking at the ribbon on her tail. Sora looked at the ribbon.

"Hey, you're right. That bow does give it away," Sora said.

"Oh, I thought it was a wild Marill," Lana groaned. "Oh well, maybe next time." Lana walks up to Kairi and takes Marill out from her arms. "I'm sorry, Marill. I didn't know you belong to someone. I'm sorry for trying to catch you." Marill starts crying again. "I SAID I WAS SORRY!"

"I DON'T THINK SORRY WAS GOING TO DO IT!" Hapu yelled. "KAIRI MAKE HER STOP! MAKE HER STOP!" Kairi did exactly that as she got Marill to stop crying again.

"There, there," Kairi said calming Marill down. "I think she's scared of you, Lana."

"I wonder why?" Lana asked.

"I think it's because you attacked her," Illima pointed out.

"Yeah. That could be it," Hapu said. "Lana does go crazy for Water Type Pokémon."

"Like you don't, little miss Ground Type enthusiast!" Lana barked at her. As they kept arguing, a bunch of more Poipole came along with Naganadel waited to attack.

"At least I have a stronger willpower unlike you, Mallow, and Kiawe. Even stronger than Sophocles!" Hapu argued at her.

"I just didn't know that Marill belonged to someone before I threw it," Lana said to her.

"Kairi tried to tell you that before you dived into it like the little water baby that you are!" Hapu snapped at her.

"Like you don't, little miss Ground Type enthusiast!" Lana barked at her. Lana and Hapu argued some more while Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the rest of the Alolan nine watched them argue. They kept going until a when all the Poipole came out and attacked the group.

"Ultra Beasts!" The group said all at once.

They were surrounded by the Ultra Beasts and that was when Naganadel descended down to them. Sora took out his Pokédex to get information on this Ultra Beast.

Naganadel, the Poison Pin Pokémon

The evolved form of Poipole

Type: Poison/Dragon

It stores hundreds of liters of poisonous liquid inside its body. This Ultra Beast fires this glowing, venomous liquid from its needles. The liquid is also immensely adhesive.

"So an Ultra Beast can evolve too," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. He takes out Silvally's Premiere Ball and threw it. "Silvally! Back to action!" Silvally is let out and Sora gives the chimeric Pokémon the Psychic Memory once again. "Silvally! Multi-Attack!" Silvally attacks Naganadel only to be reflected by Dragon Pulse. "Kairi! Take Marill and run!"

"Right!" Kairi said as she carried Marill in her arms along with Lana and Hapu. Some of the Poipole surrounded the girls. Marill got pretty scared of the strange Pokémon and caused her to cry once more. Pikachu came rushing towards the three girls and threw Thunderbolt right at the Ultra Beasts. They started to run again. The Poipole fired Venoshock at the running girls causing them to tumble. Sora took notice of Kairi and Pikachu tumbling to the cliff.

"Kairi! Pikachu!" Sora gasped.

"Lana!" Mallow gasped.

"Hapu!" Kiawe and Sophocles also gasped. The rest of the group ran towards them trying to save them. Sora slips and does some tumbling of his own. He bumps into a tree. Kairi, Lana, Hapu, Pikachu, and Marill falls into the falling river. The Ultra Beasts take their leave and went elsewhere. Lana keeps Kairi and Hapu's heads out of the water as Pikachu did Marill.

"Kairi!" Sora called out.

"Sora! Take care of Togepi for me!" Kairi called back being washed downstream.

"Kairi! Kairi! KAIRI!" Sora shouted at the top of his lungs. Sora tried to go in the river after her, Pikachu, Lana, and Hapu only for Kiawe to stop him. "Let me go! Let me go!" Sora tried to break loose.

"Sora stop it! It's not worth it!" Kiawe said holding him. "You'll drown if you dive in after her!"

"I don't care! I'm not leaving her!" Sora screamed still struggling.

"Don't be stupid, Sora!" Kiawe shouted.

"Kiawe is right, Sora," Illima said.

"They had to be washed downsream," Mallow said.

"They're going to be fine," Lillie said.

"Lillie's right, Sora. Kairi is with Lana, Hapu, and Pikachu," Acerola said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"So we'll follow the river down and we can save the girls, Pikachu, and Marill," Sophocles said. Sora managed to calm down and stopped struggling to break free. Suddenly, a girl wearing a pink dress and a yellow bow along with red shoes with teal hair and blue eyes carrying a parasol came rushing down the hill leaving behind a dust cloud with every step. She pants to catch her breath.

"Something we can help you with, miss?" Mallow asked.

"You can help me by telling me what did you do with my little Marill, you Pokémon thieves?" The girl demanded.

"Pokémon thieves?" Acerola asked.

"Your little Marill?" Sophocles asked.

"I heard you talking about my Marill, so where is she?" The girl asked "What did you do to my Pokémon?"

"Your Marill went downstream in the river," Illima explained. "And I want to assure you we had nothing to do with what happened." The girl looked over to Sora who is on his knees panting heavily.

"What's the matter with him?" The girl asked.

"Sora is upset because his girlfriend and his Pikachu got washed down the river along with your Marill and two of our friends," Sophocles said.

"That's awful!" The girl said. "I'm sorry for accusing you like I did. My name is Wilhomena."

"My name is Illima," he started. "These Lillie, Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocles, Acerola, and Mina. And Sora whom Sophocles had already pointed out." Sora got back on his feet and rushed off.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"Sora!" Acerola called out.

"Wait for us!" Sophocles said.

"I can't wait! Kairi and Pikachu are out there! We have to find them now!" Sora stated.

Wilhomena went along with the group since she wants to find Marill. They all explained to her about what happened.

"Ultra Beasts?" Wilhomena asked surprised.

"That's right. They're Pokémon from a different dimension known as Ultra Space," Illima explained. "They did battle with the legendary Pokémon the four Island Guardians. Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Lele."

"Their battle almost detroyed the Alola region as a result," Lillie said. "The legendary Pokémon known as Solgaleo and Lunala created small Pokémon known as Cosmog and left them in the care of the Island Guardians until they have matured into Solgaleo and Lunala themselves."

"But when the Ultra Beasts started showing up in our world again, Sora was tasked by Lillie's mother, the president of the Aether Foundation to capture the Ultra Beasts before they could serious damage," Illima said.

"So, what do you do with these Ultra Beasts after you catch them?" Wilhomena asked.

"We send them home," Kiawe said.

"And you don't even want to know what kind of damage they can do when we leave them alone," Sophocles said.

"No," Mina said.

Meanwhile down river, Kairi, Pikachu, Lana, Hapu, and Marill comes out of the river. Pikachu shakes himself dry.

"What a ride," Lana said.

"At least we're safe now," Kairi said.

"At least," Hapu said. Marill then starts crying again. "Oh come on! I'm wet enough as it is!" Hapu couldn't take it anymore. "STOP CRYING RIGHT NOW!" That made it worse as Marill starts running off again.

"Marill!" Kairi called out.

"Don't run away!" Lana also called out.

"Come back here you, little cry baby!" Hapu called out.

"Pika!" Pikachu added.

They follow Marill unaware of the ribbon left behind. Marill runs through the forest only to trip and cry some more and more. Kairi picked Marill up and she stopped crying completely.

"There, there, Marill. It's okay. It's okay," Kairi cooed.

"Thanks Kairi," Hapu said. "I couldn't stand it."

"Any idea where we are?" Lana asked.

"No I don't," Kairi said. "But we'll have to make it back to town and get Marill back to her trainer. Also, Sora must be worried about me."

"The same for Mallow and the others too," Lana said.

"Yeah. But where do we start looking?" Hapu asked.

"Pika, Pi," Pikachu said.

Kairi thought for a moment and then she got an idea.

"Wait a minute! You remember Tracey's Marill, right? We can have Marill listen for Sora and the rest," Kairi suggested.

"That's right! Marill have pretty good hearing. But it's also just in case we run into any nasty surprises," Lana said.

"Well, if it's those Poipole and that Naganadel, I would rather see them before they see us," Hapu said.

"Marill, if you try as hard as you can use your cute little ears to listen for your trainer and our friends," Kairi said. "Wanna give it a shot?"

"Marill, Marill?"

"Pikachu!"

"Marill, Marill!"

Marill tries pretty hard to listen for her trainer and for their friends.

"Getting anything, Marill?" Lana asked. Marill jept trying to listen for anything familiar. "Anything?" Marill kept listening and listening.

"Nothing huh?" Kairi asked.

"This Marill is probably still young so it must take longer than usual," Lana guessed.

"Maybe," Kairi said.

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

Marill kept listening and listening, but still got nothing. Kairi, Pikachu and Lana stayed patient for the most part, but Hapu was growing frustrated.

"CAN YOU HURRY UP AND HEAR FASTER?!" Hapu yelled.

"Hapu!" Kairi and Lana said at once.

"Marill?" Marill started to cry again.

"VERY NICE, HAPU! VERY, VERY NICE!" Lana yelled.

"I'M SORRY OKAY?! I FORGOT MARILL WILL START CRYING WHEN YOU YELL AT HER!" Hapu yelled.

"PIKA!"

"I'LL HANDLE IT!" Kairi went up to Marill and held her up in the air again making Marill stop crying. "There, there, Marill. No more tears. No more tears."

"Marill."

"Call me crazy, but I think Kairi is the only one of us Marill likes," Lana guessed.

"You'll have to call me that too since I'm thinking you're right," Hapu said.

Meanwhile, Sora, Togepi, Illima, Lillie, Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, and Wilhomena followed the the river unaware of Gligar still following them. Sora is carrying Togepi in his arms and looked for the three girls.

"Kairi will take very good care of your Marill," Mallow assured Wilhomena.

"Mallow's right. Lana and Hapu are right there with her," Kiawe said.

"It's all my fault," Wilhomena said. Everyone stopped and turned to her.

"Your fault?" Sophocles asked.

"What do you mean?" Lillie asked.

"I should never have let little Marill out of my sight for a second," Wilhomena said.

"You shouldn't blame yourself," Acerola said.

"This is the first time Marill has been on her own. She evolved from an Azurill just a few days ago and she's still just a baby," Wilhomena said. "She could wonder around out here for days or even weeks out here and never find her way home. And I could never see a poor little Marill ever again." Wilhomena started crying. Illima went up to her and took her hand into his.

"You shouldn't be thinking that, Wilhomena. We'll find Marill. And I promise you she'll be safe and sound when we do," Illima said.

"You think so?" Wilhomena asked.

"I know so," Illima said. "We'll keep looking for her no matter how long it takes."

"You're right, Illima," Sora said. "We'll find our friends. I know it. I mean, I got extremely worried, but I know she's with Lana and Hapu. And Pikachu too. Let's keep looking." The rest of the group agreed with that when Togepi jumps out of Sora's arms. "Togepi? Where are you going?"

"Toge, Toge, Toge." Togepi walked over to what caught his eye. "Toge?" Togepi found Marill's ribbon and held it up for everyone to see. "Toge, Toge, Togepi!" Togepi waved the ribbon in his little hands.

"Is that what I think it is?" Sora asked.

"That's my little Marill's ribbon!" Wilhomena said recognizing the ribbon.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!"

Sora picked up the little Pokémon and took the ribbon from Togepi.

"That's a very good boy, Togepi," Sora said. "Kairi's gonna be so proud of how smart you are, little buddy."

"Toge, Togepi!"

"We must be on the right trail," Lillie said.

"They can't be too far," Kiawe said.

"Then let's go," Sora said.

Not needing a second opinion, they made off to follow the trail. Gligar glided ahead to look for Kairi, Pikachu, Lana, and Hapu along with Marill.

Over to Kairi, Pikachu, Lana, Hapu, and Marill, they took a small break while Pikachu and Marill ate some Pokémon food Kairi had just made. Marill instantly liked the Pokémon food instantly.

"How long do you think it'll take for us to find Marill's trainer?" Lana asked.

"To be honest, I have no idea. I hope we can keep Marill calm long enough to find whoever Marill belongs to," Kairi said.

"I hope so too, Kairi," Hapu said. "Because I don't know how much longer I can take it."

A wild Butterfree comes flying by and Marill playfully chases it.

"Marill, wait," Kairi said.

"Not again," Hapu said as she and Lana join in the pursuit. Marill follows the wild Butterfree to a small meadow. Marill fires Water Gun right at the Butterfree. The wild Butterfree ducks with each time Marill shoots Water Gun.

"Marill!" Lana called out.

"There you are," Kairi sighed with relief. She picks Marill up in her arms. "Were you getting a little target practice, Marill?"

"Marill! Marill!"

Kairi giggled as she tickled the aqua mouse Pokémon on the belly.

"You're such a little cutie," Kairi said. Pikachu looked at the meadow worriedly.

"Pi-ii-Pika," Pikachu said feeling scared and backing away. The girls looked at the yellow mouse Pokémon.

"What's wrong, Pikachu?" Kairi asked.

"I think I know what," Hapu said sharing Pikachu's fear. Before either Kairi or Lana could ask what she meant, they saw Caterpie and Weedle soaking wet.

"Caterpie and Weedle," Lana said.

"And if there are Weedle, then there are..." Kairi worriedly said when a swarm of angry Beedrill buzzed out of the meadow.

"BEEDRILL!" The girls exclaimed.

"PIKA!" Pikachu also exclaimed.

They all start running for their lives not wanting to get stung by the Beedrill. Gligar suddenly appears and hit one of the Beedrill. They turned to the fly scorpion Pokémon and he blew them a raspberry. That made them mad and they chased Gligar, no longer caring about the girls and the two mouse Pokémon. Kairi still carrying Marill along with Lana, Hapu, and Pikachu were running for their lives unaware that the Beedrill were no longer chasing them.

Over to Sora, Wilhomena, and the rest of the Alolan nine, they come across the log. Illima turned to Wilhomena.

"That jump gets very tricky in those shoes. Why don't you let me help you down," Illima offered.

"Oh Illima, you're such a gentleman," Wilhomena said. She took that one step causing her to slip. Illima manages to catch her.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt or anything are you?" Illima asked.

"I'm fine," Wilhomena said.

"I'm glad," Illima said.

Sora, Lillie, Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocles, Acerola, and Mina looked and smiled knowing there's a bond between those two.

"Pika!" Everyone turned to the sound.

"Pikachu?" Sora asked. Sora got wide-eyed as he realized what that means. "Kairi!"

"Toge?" Togepi chirped.

"Lana! Hapu!" Lillie said.

Sora ran ahead of the group as they followed. They saw their friends running.

"Pikachu! Kairi!" Sora called out to them.

"Lana!" Mallow called out.

"Hapu!" The rest of the Alolan nine called out.

"Marill!" Wilhomena called out.

Sora ran towards his girlfriend with Togepi in his arms as Kairi ran blindly into each other. Sora accidentally tossed Togepi in the air as Lillie manages to catch Togepi in her arms. Togepi laughed wanting to go again. Marill is also tossed by accident. Wilhomena gasps, but Lana catches Marill in her arms as well. Marill also laughs wanting to go again.

"Ow!" Sora said.

"Ouch. What did I bump into?" Kairi asked. She opened her eyes and realized it was Sora who ran into her. "Sora!"

"Kairi!" Sora said as he grabs her in his arms and hugged her tightly. "I am so glad you are safe!" Sora's voice sounds shaken.

"Sora," Kairi said hugging him back. "I'm sorry for making you worry." She turned his head and kissed his lips repeatedly. Sora kissed her back holding her tight.

"Guys!" Hapu called out.

"Run for it!" Lana also called out.

"Why?" Acerola asked.

"Because of the Beedrill," Hapu said.

"What Beedrill?" Kiawe asked.

"The ones right be-" Lana's sentence was cut off when she saw they were no longer chasing them. "Where did they go?"

"They were right behind us a second ago," Hapu said.

"What happed out there?" Kiawe asked.

Over to Gligar, the Beedrill were still chasing after him. Once Gligar was far ahead of the Bedrill, he hid in the leaves up in a tree. The Beedrill buzzes by and they don't see Gligar anywhere. They keep looking. Gligar pokes his head out and chuckled to himself.

"Gave them something to worry about for a while." - Gligar subtitle.

Gligar glides back in pursuit of Sora and his friends.

Back to the group, it started to rain and the group headed to a nearby cave big enough for all of them.

"Man, it's a good thing we found this cave before it got worse," Sora said.

"Yeah. Good thing," Hapu said.

"Better a rain storm than having to deal with an Ultra Beast," Sophocles said.

"Or Team Rocket," Kiawe said.

"Don't any of you jinx it," Sora said. "We'll head back to town once the storm us over."

Lightning flashes and thunder claps scaring Togepi, Wilhomena and Marill.

"Pi!" Togepi to curl up.

"Don't be scared, Togepi. I'm right here, baby," Kairi said calming Togepi down. Sora hold Kairi in his arms. She blushes, but she felt warm at his touch. Kairi could hear Sora's heartbeat knowing the fear he was having, and it was not the storm he was afraid of.

Once the storm was over, everyone started to make their way back to town and keeping their eyes open for any nasty surprises coming their way.

"No sign of any Ultra Beast or of Team Rocket," Acerola stated.

"That's a good thing," Lana said.

"Don't any of you let your hair down," Sora said. "After what we been through I'm not taking any chances."

No chances were taken when seven Poipole had shown up and launched their attack.

"Poipole ho!" Sophocles said.

Sora turned and ducked out of the way before one of them could land a hit. One that happens to be white was leading the other six. Sora took out his Premier Ball to deal with them.

"Silvally! Go!" Sora threw the Premier Ball letting out Silvally. Sora gave Silvally a Ground Memory making the chimeric Pokémona Ground Type. "Multi-Attack!" Silvally had struck six of the Poipole. They were all still standing, stronger from the one Sora had caught before. "They just won't quit."

"What are they?" Wilhomena asked.

"Ultra Beasts," Illima answered. "Those are Poipole."

The white Poipole struck Silvally with Sludge Bomb. It didn't do much damage due to Silvally being a Ground Type, but it still hurt.

"Silvally! Never mind the small fry! Focus on that white one!" Sora called out. Silvally nodded and went after the white Poipole. "Crush Claw!" Silvally raised its claw and swung at the white Poipole only to dodge the attack. The white Poipole fires Venoshock at Silvally and it lands a hit. "Silvally! Hang in there, Silvally!" Kairi couldn't just stand by and watch Silvally take a beating, so she took out Ledyba's Pokéball and threw it.

"Ledyba! Go!" Kairi called out letting her Ledyba out. "Ledyba! Tackle!" Ledyba charges towards the white Poipole and it lands a hit. "Now use Comet Punch!" Ledyba gave the white Poipole four sets of punches on the Ultra Beast.

"We can't let Sora and Kairi have all the fun!" Hapu said.

"Yeah!" Mina said taking out a Pokéball.

"Let's do this thing!" Kiawe said.

The Alolan nine all let out their Pokémon to attack the attacking Poipole. Ponyta, Stantler, Weepinbell, Cloyster, Marowak, Magnemite, Mimikyu, Shiinotic, and Mudsdale were sent out.

"Ponyta! Use Fire Spin!" Lillie ordered. Ponyta sends out a spiral of fire from her mouth. It burns one of the Poipole.

"Stantler! Tackle!" Illima ordered. Stantler charges right at another Poipole hard.

"Cloyster! Ice Beam!" Lana ordered. Cloyster fires Ice Beam at the same Poipole that Stantler had tackled.

"Weepinbell! Razor Leaf!" Mallow ordered. Weepinbell fires Razor Leaf and it hits a couple of the Poipole.

"Marowak! Iron Head!" Kiawe ordered. Marowak's head gave a metallic shine and rams into one of the Poipole.

"Magnemite! Use Shock Wave!" Sophocles ordered. Magnemite fires light blue electricity from the magnets on the side and it shocks them.

"Mimikyu! Shadow Claw!" Acerola ordered. Mimikyu swswings her claw at the Poipole hitting one of them.

"Shiinotic! Moonblast!" Mina ordered. An image of the moon appears behind Shiinotic and forms a pink orb of energy and sends it at the Poipole.

"Okay Mudsdale! High Horsepower!" Hapu ordered. Mudsdale whinnies and stands on its hind legs as her body becomes surrounded in an orange aura. She then charges at the Ultra Beasts and slams into them with great force.

They all took a serious beating, but they refused to throw in the towel.

The six Poipole attacked the nine Pokémon overpowering them despite the Poipole being outnumbered.

"They're even tougher than we thought," Mallow said.

"Can't throw in the towel yet," Kiawe said.

"We have to keep trying," Lana said.

Sora and Kairi battled the white Poipole hard on. Once the white Ultra Beast was down and out, Sora threw a Beast Ball and it flows inside. The Beast Ball wobbles around and around until stars swirls around the Beast Ball confirming the catch. Sora sends the newly caught Ultra Beast right to Professor Oak's lab so he could transfer the white Poipole to Lusamine.

Marill watched how hard the other Pokémon were fighting against them. One of the Poipole sends Venoshock towards and Marill jumps out Wilhomena's arms and fires Water Gun cancelling out the attack.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt now!" Sora ordered. Pikachu sends out Thunderbolt and it shocks the poisonous Ultra Beasts. Having enough, the Poipole make a full retreat.

"They got away," Sophocles groaned.

"Not all of them," Sora said. "I caught that white one with Kairi's help," Sora said.

All of the Pokémon were celebrating their victory with Marill joining them. Wilhomena smiled as she saw her Marill got along with the other Pokémon.

"It looks like you made a lot of new friends for yourself," Wilhomena said.

"Marill," Marill nodded.

The group made it back to town as the sun was setting and Wilhomena had a limo waiting for both her and Marill.

"I can't thank you enough. I'm so grateful that I, I mean we would love if you would stay at our lake house for a while," Wilhomena said.

"Thanks a lot, Wilhomena, but we have to head to Azalea Town to make an important delivery and for my next Gym battle," Sora said.

"Also, all those other Poipole and that Naganadel are still out on the loose," Kairi said.

"But at least your Marill is safe and sound," Lana said. She looked at the blue mouse Pokémon. It looks like Marill isn't afraid of Lana anymore. Even Hapu was sad to see Marill go.

"But I do hope that we will meet again," Illima said.

"I feel the same way," Wilhomena said.

Both she and her Marill took their leave as they drove off. Marill looked out the window in tears having to leave the friends she had made, but at least they wished each other happiness. The group continued on with their journey and their mission to apprehend any Poipole or any other Ultra Beast coming their way.