Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Chikorita's Big Upset ( Chapter 99 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 99: Chikorita's Big Upset

A couple of days came and went since their Ultra Beast encounter. Since then it has been quiet for the most part. They kept their eyes open for any surprises coming their way.

"No signs of any Poipole," Kiawe said.

"Or of that Naganadel either," Hapu added.

"Not yet anyway," Lillie said worried.

"We should keep our wits up," Lana said.

"Lana's right. They can pop out at any moment," Sora said. And that the cue for five Poipole to launch their assault. "And speak of the devil." Sora took out the Premier Ball and threw it. "Silvally! Go!" He threw the Premier Ball letting out Silvally. He took out the Psychic Memory and gave it to Silvally. "Multi-Attack!" Silvally used its signature attack on the purple Ultra Beats and they easily went down. Sora guessed they weren't as strong as the ones with that White Poipole. Sora threw five Beast Balls at the five Poipole. All of the Beast Balls wobbles around and around and stars swirls around them confirming the catch. Sora had sent them to Professor Oak's lab so as he have them sent to Lusamine. "And that's that."

"We really have our work cut out for us," Sophocles said.

"What do you mean OUR hard work? I did all the real work!" Sora said sourly.

Everyone laughed hard at that statement.

"You are the only one who has the means to send Pokémon to Professor Oak," Kairi pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess," Sora scratched the back of his head seeing she had a point. "But it won't have to be that way."

"What do you mean, Sora?" Lana asked.

"You mind filling us in on what you mean?" Acerola asked.

"What if I asked Professor Oak about having the rest of you having to catch Ultra Beasts along with me," Sora suggested. "That way, I wouldn't be the only one doing all the work."

"You know, that's not a bad idea," Lillie said.

"How about we use that thingy to contact Professor Oak just so as he give your Pokédex another udgrade?" Hapu suggested.

"I would do that, but Lusamine made it just so the transmission would work to contact Aether Paradise. I tried to make contact with the professor, but that didn't work. Also, it's only for Ultra Beast related matters," Sora said.

"Well that sucks," Kiawe said.

"But I can contact him to have an upgrade put in my Pokédex whenever we would catch more than six Pokémon," Sora said.

"Really?" Sophocles asked. Sora nodded.

"You truly are one-in-a-million, Sora," Mallow said.

"I'll make contact with Professor Oak when we hit the closets Pokémon Center," Sora said.

"And luck would be on our side because, the next town isn't too far from our current position," Illima said.

"Just how far is it?" Kairi asked.

"We should already be heading there in less than an hour," Illima said.

"That's great! And I can whip something for our Pokémon as soon as we get there," Kairi said.

With that said, they proceeded on towards the nearest town. Once they arrived, Sora is approached by a young inspiring.

"Hey there! Are you a Pokémon trainer?" The boy asked Sora.

"I am," Sora answered.

"I'm challenging you into a battle, so what do you say?" The boy asked.

"I'm gam," Sora said.

"Great! Let's make it a three on three battle," he suggested.

"Okay. Let's go!" Sora said accepting his challenge. The boy pulled out a Pokéball.

"Alright, Magby! Go!" He threw the Pokéball letting out his Magby. Sora took out Totodile's Pokéball and threw it.

"Okay Totodile! Go!" Sora said as threw Totodile's Pokéball. Totodile did a little dance upon entry.

"Magby! Dynamic Punch!" The boy ordered. Magby ran towards Totodile to deliver a powerful punch on the crocodile Pokémon.

"Totodile! Dodge and use Water Gun!" Sora called out. Totodile swerved out of the way before Magby could land a hit. Totodile let out Water Gun knocking out Magby in a single hit. Sora's opponent pulls out Magby's Pokéball.

"Magby return!" The boy said calling Magby back. "Not too shabby, but here's my next Pokémon." He pulled out another Pokéball and threw it. "Go Sentret!" The Pokéball opens and lets out his Sentret. Sora pulls out Totodile's Pokéball as well.

"Okay Totodile, return," Sora said calling back Totodile. He pulls out Chikorita's Pokéball and threw it. "Okay Chikorita! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Chikorita who just nuzzles his leg upin making an entry. "Um, Chikorita, you have a battle to go into right now."

"Chiko!" Chikorita spun her leaf.

"Sentret! Use Scratch now!" The boy ordered. Sentret moved in to land a scratch on Chikorita.

"Chikorita! Tackle now!" Sora ordered. Chikorita dodges the Scratch and lands a tackle on the ferret Pokémon. "Now finish up with Vine Whip!" Chikorita smacks Sentret with her Vine Whip and one last smack sends Sentret flying. The boy calls back Sentret.

"Your Chikorita is something. But, it won't be a match against this one!" The boy said pulling out another Pokéball and threw it. "Raticate! Go!" The boy threw his Pokéball letting out Raticate.

"You still good to go, Chikorita?" Sora asked.

"Chiko!"

"Great! Razor Leaf!" Sora called out. Chikorita sends Razor Leaf right at the rat-like Pokémon.

"Raticate! Dodge and use Quick Attack!" The boy ordered. Raticate ran around the leaves and lands brutal hit. "Now use Bite!" Raticate lands a bite on the leaf Pokémon. As the battle raged on and on, Chikorita was getting pretty exhausted.

"Tackle now!" Sora ordered. Chikorita ran towards Raticate to land a tackle.

"Okay Raticate! Hyper Fang!" The boy ordered. Raticate moved in and used its front teeth to land a successful hit on Chikorita.

"Chikorita! Are you okay?" Sora asked. Chikorita got back on her feet and moved in with another Tackle.

"Raticate! Stop that Chikorita with another Quick Attack now!" The boy ordered. Raticate ran at Chikorita and it hit Chikorita hard.

"You did great, but I think you had enough for the day," Sora said. Chikorita just ignored that order and rushed at Raticate again. Kairi quickly noticed how defiant Chikorita was getting. Chikorita lands a Razor Leaf hitting Raticate hard. That made Chikorita even more exhausted. "That was a good Razor Leaf and your aim was perfect, but you should rest up. I'll be sending Pikachu to finish the job." Chikorita perked up at the mention of Pikachu. "Okay Chikorita, return." Chikorita avoids the Pokéball's beam. "What gives? I said return!" Chikorita avoids the beam. "I'm not playing, young lady! Return now! Oh come on! I said return! This isn't a game!" Sora tries to call Chikorita back as Kairi and the Alolan nine all noticed how Chikorita was getting defiant. The boy's mother's voice is heard not too far.

"Dinner's on!" The boy's mother called out.

"Coming mom!" The boy called back. He pulls put Raticate's Pokéball and calls back Raticate. "Raticate return."

"You're just taking off?" Sora asked.

"Well, it is pretty late and I can't wait all night for you to call back your Chikorita," the boy said.

"I guess not," Sora said as the boy took his leave. He looks towards his Chikorita with a sour look on his face. "I just don't get why you wouldn't come back like I told you." Sora calls back Chikorita and sighs. "What has gotten into you?"

As soon as everyone arrived in the Pokémon Center, Sora makes contact with Professor Oak to tell him his accomplishments since arriving in Johto. The screen pops up with Professor Oak smiling.

"Ah, Sora. It's good to finally hear from you since your journey in Johto began. I trust everything is going well for you," Professor Oak guessed.

"Yes professor," Sora answered. "As soon as things went down more smoothly than my firat journey in Kanto and I have caught some Pokémon and won a Zephyr Badge in the Violet City Gym. Also, Kairi had caught some Pokémon for her own and she had proved to be a good trainer."

"Well done, Sora," Professor Oak smiled. "But in all excitement, I hope you don't forget to deliver the GS Ball."

"Don't worry, professor. That's the first thing we're going to do as soon as we hit Azalea Town," Sora said.

"That's good to hear," Professor Oak said.

"But, my accomplishments in Johto isn't the reason why I'm calling," Sora said.

"Oh? It isn't?" Professor Oak asked growing curious with what Sora has in mind.

"Well, I was wondering if you would make an upgrade on my Pokédex just so as Kairi and the others can send Ultra Beasts to you just so as I don't do all the heavy work. I mean, I don't mind doing it. And I know that I'm asking a bit much though," Sora explained.

"Not at all, my boy. And I thought Kairi would have a taste of being a Pokémon trainer as soon as I saw her little Togepi," Professor Oak said. "And I'll be more than happy to give the upgrade to you. But, normally that would be done when they have a Pokédex of their own."

"I don't mind sharing it," Sora said. "I wouldn't ask you if you weren't up for it."

"Of course," Professor Oak as he understood. "Just slip your Pokédex in the slot of the picture phone and I'll install the upgrade." Sora does exactly that as the upgrades are uploaded on his Pokédex. Once the upgrade was finished, Sora took his Pokédex. "There. Now Kairi and your other friends now has an app put into your Pokédex. Also, they should also be able to have the same condition as you once they exceeded the limit of six Pokémon." Sora accessed his Pokédex and saw the digital heads of Kairi and the Alolan nine along with Sora's digital head. Sora decided to access Kairi's app and he saw Togepi, Jigglypuff, Ledyba, and Sunkern present.

"It really does work!" Sora beamed.

"I hoped you would be happy with that! Also, I have installed something fun for you. You should now be able to take some pictures on it. Also, the limit of range is still in effect unfortunately, but I will do what I can to solve that issue," Professor Oak said.

"At least I got something out of it. Thanks for the upgrade, professor," Sora said.

"Of course, my boy," Professor Oak said.

"Anyway, how are all of my other Pokémon doing so far?" Sora asked.

"They are doing wonderfully," Professor Oak said. "Your Teddiursa, Phanpy, Hoothoot, and Heracross didn't take long to get acquainted with your other Pokémon. Also, Lea and Isa had done a wonderful job keeping them entertained. Also, I'm still the victim of your Haunter's antics, and your Muk is still as cheerful as ever." To illustrate his point, Muk tackles him to the ground. "See what I mean? Well anyway, it was wonderful to hear from you. Goodbye for now! And give my regards to Kairi!" Professor Oak and Muk waved goodbye to Sora as he chuckled.

"Same ol' Muk," Sora said to himself. "But at least Haunter is doing good." Sora laughed to himself thinking about what kind of pranks the ghost Type Pokémon has in store for him, Lea, and Isa. Sora returned to the group and saw the Pokémon enjoying the Pokémon food Kairi had made. Kairi even fed Togepi with some.

"So, what did the professor say?" Kairi asked.

"I got good news for everyone of you! You guys should now be able to send Ultra Beasts to Professor Oak just so as I don't do all the heavy lifting," Sora said.

"That's good to know," Kairi said.

"But wait! There's more!" Sora said. Kairi and the Alolan nine all wanted to hear what Sora has to say. "You guys should also be able to send over some Pokémon over to Professor Oak when you guys already have six with you or just keep the newly caught Pokémon with you just as long you exchange of yours."

"Also good to know!" Lillie beamed. Sora looked at all of everyone's Pokémon enjoying the Pokémon food Kairi had made.

"Good to see everyone enjoying their dinner," Sora said.

"Well, not everyone," Lana corrected him. Sora was about to ask what she meant she gestured to Chikorita sitting by herself looking out the window.

"Has Chikorita been like this the whole time?" Sora asked.

"She has ever since that battle from earlier," Mallow said.

"And even after you called out your Pokémon to eat, she has been refusing to eat with the other Pokémon," Acerola said.

"Pikachu even tried to offer some of his, but she just batted it away," Sophocles said.

"Well, that wasn't very nice," Sora said as he sighed.

"No idea what has been eating her," Hapu said. "Even I don't have that bad an attitude."

"Maybe we should call her crabby and I don't mean the Pokémon," Kairi said.

"Toge, Togepi."

"Pokémon behavior is driven by psychology," a new voice called out grabbing everyone's attention. This Nurse Joy isn't wearing her usual nurse's outfit, but dressed like more as a psychologist and wore glasses to boot. "Does that Chikorita belong to you?"

"Yes ma'am," Sora answered.

"And what's your name?" Nurse Joy asked.

"My name is Sora Ketchum," Sora answered.

"And I'm Kairi. And we already know your name is Nurse Joy," Kairi said.

"Correct. I have a degree in Pokémon psychology from Celadon University," Nurse Joy said. "I provide innovated console techniques in new Pokémon therapy."

"Is that right?" Sora asked.

"Yes," Nurse Joy nodded. "So I have an idea for you. Why don't you and your Pokémon join me and we can have a counseling session."

"And maybe you can figure out why my Chikorita has such a bad attitude?" Sora asked.

"Of course," Nurse Joy said. A few minutes later, Nurse Joy sat Sora down for the session to begin. "So, tell me of when you first met your Chikorita."

"Well, it's like this. It wasn't too long ago, so we were passing by a mountain and we came across this very Chikorita so I decided to capture her," Sora explained. "Chikorita battled hardly and refused to stand down even against my Heracross. Chikorita took a real bad beating. She even battled hard against a pack of Gligar led by a Gliscor."

"But when did your Chikorita finally open up to you?" Nurse Joy asked. Sora thought for a moment.

"I remember when she took on that Gliscor and she took a bad beating, so I..." Sora paused when he realized that was the moment Chikorita opened up to Sora. "I took a brutal swing from that Gliscor. And that was when Chikorita took down Gliscor. The pack pretty much followed us until Gliscor was captured by a other Pokémon trainer named Riku."

"So your Chikorita has shown respect for you after you have saved her from a Gliscor. Has your Chikorita has been displaying any unusual behaviors?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Well, Chikorita has been nuzzling to me whenever I would call her out for meals or for battle," Sora answered. "And earlier this evening, I was battling another trainer against his Raticate. That Raticate did a number on Chikorita. And when I tried to call her back to her Pokéball she just refused."

"And why is that?" Nurse Joy asked.

"I guess it has something to do when I was gonna switch her with Pikachu. That pretty much sealed the deal," Sora guessed. That definitely got the therapist's attention.

"Has your Chikorita been like this towards Pikachu?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Now that you mention it, she has been pushing Pikachu to the side. And not just Pikachu, but just about any other Pokémon," Sora answered. Sora pretty much saw the signs when Chikorita just brushed Pikachu and the other Pokémon to the side."

"Just as I thought," Nurse Joy said. "It appears that your Chikorita is suffering from envy."

"Envy? You mean Chikorita is jealous of Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"I am afraid so," Nurse Joy concluded. "It would appear that the reason your Chikorita is jealous is beacuse you wanted to substitute for Chikorita when at the verge of victory and as a result your Chikorita believes you care more about Pikachu more than her." Sora looked over to Chikorita and sighs.

"I should have seen the signs," Sora said. "She has been like that even after the attention I have been providing." Kairi places her hand on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"It's okay, Sora," Kairi said assuredly. "We all should have."

Sora would remember when Chikorita just brushed Pikachu to the side whenever Sora would pat or complement Pikachu. Also, Sora would wake up and see Chikorita sleeping next to him.

"I may have a solution for the problem. That's if you're willing to go along with it," Nurse Joy said.

"To get Chikorita out of the funk she's in, I'm willing to try anything," Sora said. "What do you have in mind?"

"Come with me. I'll show you," Nurse Joy said standing up. She led the group to the greenhouse just outside the Pokémon Center. "I propose to leaving Chikorita in the greenhouse for the night. It'll make Chikorita more comfortable when she is in her natural surroundings."

"This is an ideal paradise for Grass Type Pokémon," Mallow said. "It's so nice in here."

"Yeah, you would," Kiawe said.

"You sure this will help Chikorita out?" Sora asked.

"Of course. The new Pokémon threapy is very effective and I guarantee your Chikorita will come out of her shell," Nurse Joy said.

With that said, Sora places Chikorita's Pokéball on the table in the greenhouse and the group went off to bed. Sora couldn't help but worry about Chikorita and the same can be said for Pikachu. Sora was sleeping soundly as Pikachu woke up and went to the greenhouse to check on Chikorita. When Pikachu got to the greenhouse, he saw the Pokéball sitting there on the table. Then without warning, the Pokéball opens and Chikorita had emerged. She saw the sliding glass door open and went out and Pikachu went off after her. Both Pokémon were unaware of the security camera recording the whole thing.

Chikorita got far enough as Pikachu managed to catch up with her.

"Chikorita! Wait!" - Pikachu subtitle.

"What do you want?" - Chikorita subtitle.

"I want you to come back to the greenhouse with me! Sora will be worried when he sees you're not there!" - Pikachu subtitle.

"Why would you care? Sora loves and care about more than he does me!"- Chikorita subtitle.

"What is your problem?" - Pikachu subtitle.

"You are my problem! So go away!" - Chikorita subtitle. Chikorita fires Razor Leaf at Pikachu. He ducks out of the way and Chikorita ran into some tall grass.

"Chikorita! Wait! You shouldn't be out here by yourself! Especially with Ultra Beasts on the loose! Chikorita! Chikorita! Chikorita where are you?!" - Pikachu subtitle.

Once she was sure Pikachu was no longer close by she went off elsewhere. She managed to find an old warehouse. She looked around and saw nothing there. The leaf Pokémon went to a nearby cardboard box and dusted it off. She climed on the box and fell asleep. Chikorita had dozed off into sleep. But when she got comfortable, she was waken up by a Hitmonchan, a Hitmonlee, and a Machoke.

"Look what we have here, boys!" - Machoke subtitle.

"An uninvited guest sleeping in our warehouse." - Hitmonlee subtitle.

"That is not going to do." - Hitmonchan subtitle.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know this place was occupied." - Chikorita subtitle.

A Primeape appears behind the three Fighting Type Pokémon angered by Chikorita's presence in the warehouse.

"Not as sorry as you're about to be you little freeloader! Nobody trespasses in our warehouse without paying the toll! And you're about to pay it right now!" - Primeape subtitle.

"Well, I'm sorry. I was sleepy. When the sun comes up, I'll be out of your hair." - Chikorita subtitle.

"It's not as simple as you think!" - Primeape subtitle. Primeape picks up a bolt and threw it at Chikorita. The bolt hits the box and Chikorita jumps off the box to fight the pig monkey Pokémon. Primeape charges over to the leaf Pokémon as Chikorita starts smacking it with Vine Whip. Primeape falls to the ground beaten. She turns to see the furry Pokémon on the floor. Chikorita stares at the three remaining Fighting Type Pokémon ready to battle them. What caught off guard was when they just bowed in respect for her.

"Boss!" - Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Machoke subtitle. Chikorita looked at them with a puzzling look.

"Boss?" - Chikorita subtitle.

"Primeape was our boss." - Hitmonlee subtitle.

"But you beat him." - Machoke subtitle.

"That makes you our boss!" - Hitmonchan subtitle. Chikorita smiled at that.

"I like the sound of that!" - Chikorita subtitle.

The next morning, Sora and Kairi woke up and saw Pikachu was missing.

"Pikachu? Pikachu?" Sora asked looking around.

"Maybe he went to check on Chikorita," Kairi guessed.

"You're right. We should go check on her too," Sora said. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine went to check on Chikorita, but saw the Pokéball was opened. "Chikorita! Where is Chikorita?!"

"I think the security camera may have caught something," Nurse Joy said entering the greenhouse. She played the footage to when Chikorita ran outside and Pikachu went after her. That made Sora worry greatly. "This is a textbook case."

"What do you mean?" Sora asked.

"Your Chikorita craves your attention so badly, she figured the only way to get it is by running away," Nurse Joy said.

"But why would Pikachu go too?" Acerola asked.

"Pikachu only went after Chikorita because he's worried about blaming himself; just like I would," Sora said. "We've got find them both now!"

"Then you better hurry! This is a rough neighborhood full of rough Pokémon," Nurse Joy said.

"They could get attacked at any moment?" Illima asked.

"How terrible!" Kairi gasped.

"Well, that's not what's worries me," Sora said. "What worries me are a bunch of Ultra Beasts on the loose could be out there. And those two could be in ultra trouble before we know it!"

Kairi and the Alolan nine all knew Sora was right, so they all went out to look for both Pikachu and Chikorita before they could get attacked by the neighborhood Pokémon or the Ultra Beasts.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine went all over the neighborhood looking for both Pikachu and Chikorita.

"This may have gone from bad to worse," Lana said.

"We could cover more ground when we split up," Kiawe suggested.

"Kiawe's right, Sora. And we could have a better chance of finding Pikachu and Chikorita that way. And it'll be just in case we bump into any Ultra Beasts," Kairi said.

"You're right too, Kairi," Sora said. "Illima and Lillie are with me and Kairi. Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles can check one way while, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu can check another way. Also, be on the lookout for Ultra Beasts. Capture on sight!"

"Right! Let's go!" Lana said.

Sora, Kairi, Lillie, and Illima went one way as Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles, went another and Acerola, Mina, and Hapu went another way.

Over to Pikachu, he searched for Chikorita all night worring about her safety, but at the same time Naganadel and a small band of Poipole were following the mouse Pokémon. Pikachu entered the warehouse looking for Chikorita.

"Chikorita! Chikorita! Where are you, Chikorita? I looked all over for you and this is the only place I haven't checked!" - Pikachu subtitle. Chikorita comes out from somewhere in the warehouse.

"I can see you haven't wasted your time searching for me."- Chikorita subtitle.

"Chikorita! So glad I found you! C'mon! We should be heading back! Sora and the others might be looking for us!" - Pikachu subtitle.

"I am not going anywhere with you!" - Chikorita subtitle.

"I get that you don't like me, but just imagined how upset Sora must feel. And if I know him, he'll just blame himself." - Pikachu subtitle.

"Of course you would know him." - Chikorita subtitle.

"I've been with him since the start. And yeah, he and I didn't get into a good start, but I wouldn't be here now if he hadn't risked his life for me! And neither would you!" - Pikachu subtitle.

"How come he trusts and cares about you more than he does me?" - Chikorita subtitle.

"He cares about you just the same way he cares about the same way as the others! The world does not revolve around you! Also, Sora wouldn't forgive himself if an Ultra Beast just attacked you from out of nowhere!" - Pikachu subtitle.

And the timing was perfect for Naganadel and a band of Poipole to launch their assualt on the two Pokémon. Primeape, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Machoke came and knocked away the attacking Poipole.

"Good timing, boys! Teach guys a lesson they won't forget!" - Chikorita subtitle.

The Fighting Type Pokémon attacked the Poipole and some of them went down pretty easy while others just kept going. Naganadel even got in on the action swatting Primeape to the side. A dozen more Poipole charges towards Pikachu, so he fires Thunderbolt at the attacking Ultra Beasts.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine had regrouped to report their findings.

"Any luck?" Sora asked.

"So far no," Mallow said shaking her head.

"We asked around if anyone had seen Pikachu, Chikorita or any unusual purple Pokémon, but no one did," Acerola said.

"We can't just give up," Sora said. "There has to be somewhere we hadn't looked yet." A yellow flash caught their attention. They all saw yellow electricity coming upwards. They all knew that flash from anywhere. "Pikachu! Looks like trouble!" Sora took out his Premier Ball and threw it to let out Silvally. He accessed the Ground Memory and made the chimeric Pokémon a Ground Type. "Let's go!" Sora got on Silvally's back as did Kairi. Silvally charges towards the direction of Pikachu's attack as the Alolan nine all followed.

Over to the warehouse, Chikorita looks over to Naganadel and then she turned to the four Fighting Types.

"That one with the dragon wings is their boss! Take it down!" - Chikorita subtitle.

"Right boss!" - Primeape, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Machoke subtitle.

They rushed to attack the Ultra Beast, it proved to be too much for them as Naganadel swipes at the Fighting Type Pokémon like it was no problem. The Ultra Beast then sets its sights on Pikachu and Chikorita and moved in to crush them with its claw. By that time, Sora, Kairi, and Silvally had arrived at the scene.

"Silvally! Multi-Attack now!" Sora ordered. Silvally ran towards Silvally and used its signature attack on the Ultra Beast. Naganadel was taken back. Sora ran towards Pikachu and Chikorita panting and he hugged both his Pokémon. "That was too close for comfort! Good thing we got here just on time!"

"Pika Pi!"

"Chikori."

"I'm just glad to see you're safe," Sora said. Silvally fought Naganadel hard, but the Ultra Beast proved to be too much for it. "Silvally!" Sora was aghast when he saw Silvally hit the ground hard despite being at a Type strong against a Poison Type. Pikachu looked over to Chikorita.

"Now don't you see? Sora came out of his way to come help us. And now we have to do the same to help Silvally." - Pikachu subtitle.

"You're right. We can only beat that thing if we work together. Silvally could use our help since that monster is doing a number on it." - Chikorita subtitle.

Both Pikachu and Chikorita threw Thunderbolt and Razor Leaf to grab Naganadel's attention. The Ultra Beast set its sights on the two smaller Pokémon. Naganadel was strong, but Pikachu and Chikorita were just too fast. The dragonic creature swung its claws at the two of them only for Silvally to slowly stand up. Silvally used Multi-Attack to finish off Naganadel since it was too tired to keep fighting. Sora was proud to see Pikachu and Chikorita working together.

"Good work you guys! You beat it!" Sora cheered. He got a Beast Ball ready and threw it at Naganadel and it flows inside. The Beast Ball wobbles around and around, Sora knew it probably wouldn't stay in for long even when tired. Stars swirls around the Beast Ball confirming the catch. Sora accessed his Pokédex and sent the Ultra Beast to Professor Oak's lab so that he would send it to Lusamine. The Alolan nine arrived on the scene and caught all of the Poipole laying around. Sora had sent all of the captured Ultra Beasts to Professor Oak's lab.

"That should be the last of them," Kairi said wiping off some sweat.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"At least there aren't anymore Ultra Beasts to worry about for a while," Acerola said.

"You're right, Acerola," Sora agreed. "And to top it off, Pikachu and Chikorita are a-ok!"

"Pikachu!"

"Chikori!"

Sora laughed as he and his friends took off back to the Pokémon Center with Nurse Joy waiting for them. They explained to the therapist about how Pikachu and Chikorita had worked together to save Silvally and distract an Ultra Beast long enough for Silvally to finish up.

"Thanks Nurse Joy! You really do understand Pokémon!" Sora said gratefully.

"Thanks, Sora. I'm just glad I could help out. I just wish I had time to explore Chikorita's psyche," Nurse Joy said.

"We're just glad it all worked out in the end," Kairi said.

"Toge, Togepi!"

"Same here," Sora said. Pikachu climbed up into Sora's left shoulder and he let out a hearty laugh. He looks at his Chikorita with a smile. "What are you down there for? There's room for one more!" He gestured the leaf Pokémon to climb up.

"Chiko!" Chikorita beamed as she climbed up onto Sora's right shoulder as he and his friends took off for Azalea Town. Not only he recieved another upgrade on his Pokédex, but his Chikorita has gotten over her jealousy for Sora's affection. Also, Naganadel and the Poipole posse were captured and they had to assume that they had already been returned to Ultra Space. The adventure continues on!