Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ False Pretenses ❯ Act 3: The Unlikely Couple (Part 1) ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

False Pretenses

By: Myst-Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Usual disclaimer applies. Sailor Moon and Pokémon belongs to respective companies.

Credits: Sailor Tsunami (The Vacation: Sailor Moon and Pokémon) and Senerarey Chiba (The Shine has come: Sailor Moon and Pokémon) for these unique couples…

From Act 2: Prof. Oak hides a terrible past. A reporter threatens to expose the sailor scouts. Prof. Oak accepts Prof. Tomoe's invitation to be a guest speaker but Delia Ketchem suspects far more sinister from the mad scientist. Tracey Skechit bumps into his long time crush, Michelle Kaioh.

Act 3: The Unlikely Couple (Part 1 - Brock/Mina)

Misty was moaning in pain. She clutched at her stomach. "Awww….why won't this stomach ache go away?!?!" She grumbled.

"I warned you not to eat those sushi." Brock reminded her, flipping through the pages of his book. He was reading on Japanese conversation. Gary was sitting beside him, looking bored as usual.

"I didn't know they were supposed to be raw!" Misty protested. "You know how much I love to pig out on seafood. Can we go back to the hotel?" She pleaded. There was no answer. "Brock, are you even listening? Don't you care about your friends' well being?" She looked at him sternly.

"Hmm…" Brock was deeply thinking. His find focused on his book.

Misty sighed. "Never mind."

"Pipe down will ya?" Gary spoke up boldly. "I had enough listening to your stupid whining!!"

Misty was furious. "What are you still doing here Gary? Go do me a favor and jumped off to the nearest cliff!!"

Gary smirked. "Touché!"

"Argh!! Do I have to listen to them bickering all day?" Brock thought crossly. He glanced over his watch. It was 3:30 p.m. "What's taking Tracey so long?" He asked impatiently. He stood up and his book slid off from his lap. He was pacing back and forth.

"He should be back here any minute." Misty replied.

"Excuse me?" A female high school student approached Brock and handed his book over to him.

"Arrigato." Brock smiled warmly at her. He cleared his throat and turned on to his magnetic charm. "Beautiful lady. I don't know my way around here in Tokyo. Would you mind giving me a private tour?" He spoke in Japanese and gave her a wink.

The girl laughed at his attempt flirtation. She smiled faintly and bowed to him in response. She walked off, leaving poor Brock behind. He was speechless!

"Brock, when are you ever going to learn?" Misty asked, rolling her eyes.

Gary was shaking his head. "Pal, you're hopeless!"

"Back off!" Brock threatened. He gritted his teeth in anger.

"Watch a pro in action!" Gary said arrogantly. He tapped a girl's shoulder next to him and she turned around with an inquiring look. He began chatting with her.

"Show off!" Brock muttered in anger. A pang of jealously went right through him watching Gary so easily flirt with another girl. "How does he managed?" He wondered. Sighing over his frustration, Brock threw the book on the garbage and sat down on the bench. Misty was quietly sleeping beside him. He stared into space…

* * *

"Jiggly!! Jigglypuff!!" Jigglypuff said irritably. She paused for a second, letting people go by in her path. She was aggravated that she was lost in the busiest street in downtown Tokyo.

"Jigglypuff?? (Where are they?)" Jigglypuff said. "Jiggly!! (Don't you have any sense of direction?)" She scolded herself.

"Oh, how cute!!!" A little girl's voice cooed.

"Do you even know what that "thing" is?" A boy asked.

"Jiggly?? (Huh??)" Jigglypuff questioned. She glanced up and saw a girl about seven years old with a pink bun-hairstyle. She was happily petting Jigglypuff's head.

"Are you even sure it's safe to touch "that" thing?" Kelly asked, looking doubtful.

"Well, it's doesn't bite. So I guess it's okay." Rini responded. "Are you lost? You must be looking for your owner."

Jigglypuff nodded.

"Hmmm… It looks like an overstuffed balloon to me…" Kelly commented.

"Grrr…" Jigglypuff was enraged by the insult.

"Look what you did?!!" Rini said accusingly. "You hurt its feelings… Now apologized!!" Rini demanded.

"I was only kidding… Sheesh… Don't you have any sense of humor??" Kelly protested.

Jigglypuff hopped into Rini's shoulder and gave Kelly a surprise slap across his face. Rini started giggling and Kelly glared at his friend.

"Now, you're going to get it!" Kelly threatened, his arms reached out to grab Jigglypuff.

"Jiggly!! (Yipes!)" Jigglypuff squeaked. She jumped back down and made a run for her life.

"Don't go!!" Rini pleaded. She followed Jigglypuff behind.

* * *

"What a long day!!" Mina complained to Artemis. She was walking home from school. "I'm sooo tired… I need a nap…. I don't have the energy to go to study buddies today…. Aww…I wished weekend was still around…" She sighed.

"Or you don't wanna have to face Raye's wrath…" Artemis reminded her.

"Oh yeah, I'm almost forgot…" Mina sweatdropped.

"By the way, Mina about yesterday…" Artemis began.

"Urghhh!!" Mina exclaimed. "For the thousand time Artemis, it WAS only self-defense!! Mike Ellis WAS a jerk… He was trying to screw up the sailor scouts…… He oversteps his boundaries as a reporter…"

"I know that Mina," Artemis sighed. "Was there anyway to settle an argument without resorting to violence? Didn't Luna and I taught you guys anything?"

"Artemis… I don't need a lecture from you right now…" Mina's voice sounded edgy.

"Talking to yourself again, Mina?" An amused voice asked.

"Oh, hi Jamie!!" Mina said brightly. "Where did you come from?" A tall, dark boy about her age was walking beside her.

"I noticed you were walking by yourself so I figured you needed a company." Jamie said.

"Were those your only reason?" Mina smiled flirtatiously.

Jamie laughed. "No…" He answered. "I wanted to talk to you. But you've been keeping yourself busy these days huh??" He gave her a secret wink.

Mina blushed. "I've been meaning to talk to you too…" Mina confessed. "Thanks for talking to the head coach, Mr. Yimato for letting me join the volleyball team. Gosh, I missed volleyball so much…" She said wistfully.

"There's no way the school's gonna lose the main star…" Jamie said. "You've got potential there….. What do I have to do to convince you that?"

"Hmm… let me think about that?" Mina said, thinking deeply.

"Okay…" Jamie said. He took a deep breath and he said rather quickly. "Then how about taking our relationship to the next level?" He suggested. He gave her a serious, searching glance.

Mina was caught off guard. "Wha…What did you say?" She said, looking surprised. She stopped walking.

"You don't have to be afraid Mina…" Jamie said softly. "I…"

"Oh my gosh!!" A woman was screaming. "That little girl…" She gasped.

"What little girl?" Mina asked, her eyes narrowed.

"There… Save her before it's too late…" The woman replied, her shaky fingers pointing to the pedestrian crossing.

"RINI!!" Mina exclaimed in horror. "Here, take my bag will you?" She handed her stuff to Jamie and she raced towards the street…

* * *

"Jiggly!! Jigglypuff!!" Jigglypuff panted tiredly. She was being chased by an angry boy behind her. She came to a full stop in the pedestrian crossing. She had to walk slowly so that she won't get trampled by the crowd crossing the street.

"Wait don't go! I won't let Kelly hurt you!!" Rini promised. She tiptoed and grabbed Jigglypuff's hand.

"Jigglypuff!!!!!!!" Jigglypuff squirmed.

"No, don't. I'm a nice friend!" Rini said kindly.

"Jiggly!!" Jigglypuff felt relieved. She was the same girl she met earlier before.

"I'm going help you find where your owner is. You gotta have to trust me first…." Rini said.

Jigglypuff nodded slowly.

"Alright, let's go!" Rini said. She was unaware the stoplight had turned amber. The signal was flashing to alert pedestrians to stop crossing the road.

Then, she heard loud horn. She turned around to see incoming traffic approaching. Her eyes widened and she gasped. She blackened out.

"Awww… That hurts," Rini complained. She felt a presence above her, nearly crushing her weigh. "Get off me!!" She was annoyed.

"Sorry Rini. Are you okay?" A female voice asked. It belonged to Mina. Rini opened her eyes. "Mina?" She questioned.

"I…I'm fine…." Rini replied, shaken by the harrowing experience. "I nearly got ran over. Thank you, Mina. You saved my life!"

"Come on," Mina said, pulling Rini to her feet. She noticed Jigglypuff in Rini's arms. "Who's your little friend?" She asked, giving Jigglypuff a pat on the head.

"Oh this," Rini replied. "I'm helping this little guy find its owner.."

"Crazy lady. Next time, watch you're going!!" A motorist called out to them. He climbed off into his motorcycle and drove away.

"Don't mind him. He's just cranky." Mina said, gave the motorist a withering look.

"Hey, Mina. Is everything okay?" Jamie asked in concern.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine…" Mina said cheerfully. "Well, except for small minor bruises…" She gazed at her arm.

"I'm sorry," Rini said mournfully.

"It's okay, Rini." Mina hushed her. "Look, I'm not mad."

A large crowd gathered around them, expressing their joy and relief for Mina's heroic efforts. "Excuse me, coming through…" Brock pushed his way through the curious spectators. He stood right in front of Mina and her friends. Misty and Gary came along.

"Jigglypuff?" Brock spoke up. "What are you doing here? I thought it might be you this time…"

"Are you its owner?" Mina asked.

"Well, not really." Brock replied. "You can say we're Jigglypuff's friend."

Mina took Jigglypuff away from Rini and shoved it back to Brock. "This thing was nearly killed!! How can you be so irresponsible??!" Mina demanded.

Brock's mouth fell open. "Hey, before you start accusing me lady…" Brock exploded.

"Whatever…" Mina snapped. "I should report you to the Animal Society. You're not fit to be the owner… Come on, guys." She walked away, giving Brock one last lingering look.

"Urghh… Women!" He stormed off.

To be continued. Please stay tuned for The Unlikely Couple (Part 2).

I was going to introduce another couple but I had to narrow down this chapter. What do you think about Mina and Brock's first meeting? Yeah, this chapter was lame. Can you guess who's going to be in the next Act? Here's a clue:
"I'm going to be the world's greatest pokemon master…"

The Sovereign of Silence

"In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

Well, that was too easy. K-Money, Chibizoo, Sailor Dumas, CruftyGirl and Emms. Thanks so much for supporting me and to all the readers.. For you Emms, I'm looking into a Brock/Lita romance… K-Money, don't panic about Mina!! Oh yeah, Jamie and Kelly are not made up… Kelly is actually Rini's school friend and Jamie is Mina's classmate in the episode "Individual happiness" (I want to kick this guy so badly…)