Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ False Pretenses ❯ Act 5: Jaded Sins ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

False Pretenses

By: Myst-Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Usual disclaimer applies. Sailor Moon and Pokémon belongs to respective companies.

Credits: Sailor Tsunami (The Vacation: Sailor Moon and Pokémon) (Ash/Hotaru pairing) and Senerarey Chiba (The Shine has come: Sailor Moon and Pokémon) (Tracey/Michelle pairing). Kammy K for her cute idea Island Boy!

From Act 4 (Pt 2): Serena decides to ditch study buddies to spend a relaxing afternoon at the beach. James spends his free time accompanied by Serena. Hotaru helps Ash by healing the injured Pikachu.

Act 5: Jaded Sins

An old stationwagon pulled up into a driveway. A man came out, slamming the car door behind him. He took a few steps forward, leading him to the front entrance of the Tomoe's mansion. He playfully threw his keys up in the air as he whistled.

"Hotaru, are you home?" He called his beloved daughter's name as he entered the house.

"I'm afraid she's not home from school yet, Prof. Tomoe." His assistant, Kaori Night came forward to greet him. "You are too lenient on her! You must set aside some boundaries for that girl to follow!" She complained.

"She's only a child, Kaori Night." He said defensively. "Look how far Hotaru has been making a progress! She actually met a very nice friend. Let her have fun for a change. I trust my daughter completely."

"Hmmmph…" She grunted in response. "Oh, someone is here to see you. He says he's an old friend of yours. He's in the living room." She informed him.

"A visitor?" Prof. Tomoe was surprised. "I wonder who could it be?" He slipped off his jacket and handed over to his assistant.

"He's been patiently waiting for you." She said, taking the jacket from him. She hanged his jacket inside the closet.

Prof. Tomoe walked along the narrow hallway and he turned right. He slowly turned on the doorknob and he came inside the living room. There was a man standing by the window. He had his arms placed behind him. He was wearing a distinctive tailored dark suit.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting," Profr. Tomoe apologized. "I'm Dr. Tomoe…"

"All in good time, my friend… All in good time," The man spoke in a British accent. He slightly turned his head. Prof. Tomoe's face ashen. He was staring at the evil face of Giovanni…

* * *

"Is everything okay?" Trista asked when Tracey emerged out of the bathroom.

"Umm.. fine…" Tracey gulped nervously. "I can't believe I'm IN Michelle's house!" He thought excitedly. He wanted to pinch himself if this was a dream.

"Why don't you come and join us?" Trista said graciously. Tracey smiled at her. Trista seemed to be the friendliest of the group.

"We're not going to bite you." Amara said plainly. She gave him a cool stare.

"Oh right," Tracey said weakly. He felt intimated by her somehow.

"Ignore her." Trista said, giving Amara a disapproving look.

Tracey gingerly walked passed them and sat rigidly on the couch. His nerves were shaking. He had an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach whenever he meets a superstar.

"They're so adorable!" Elsa Grey said happily, picking up Venonat from the floor.

"Venonat!"

"Marrill!!" Marrill squealed, rolling around on the floor. Michelle was tickling Marrill's stomach. "They're such interesting creatures. What do you call them again?" Michelle asked.

"They're called Pokémon." Tracey answered. His voice sounded a little wobbly. "Get a grip!! Come on, it's Michelle!! It's only Michelle… Michelle…." He repeated that chant on his mind…

"Hi there," Michelle said. There was a genuine smile on her face this time. She gave Marrill a last pat on the head and she got up from the floor. "Are we all better now?"

"I'd never felt better in my life!!" Tracey said zealously. "That just sounded lame!! Can't you think of a better answer?!!" He thought mournfully.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that." Michelle said, looking relieved. "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch your name." She was embarrassed. She sat next to him.

"I can't believe she's sitting right next to me… What do I do? What do I say?" He panicked. "Where's Brock? I need help!!" "My…my…name…is…Tracey…Skechit…" He stammered. His face turned completely red. He couldn't stop coughing.

"Now, take a deep, easy breath." Michelle instructed. She was lightly caressing his back. Trista kindly gave him some water. Tracey thanked her and drank it eagerly.

"Are you sure you're completely better?" Michelle asked, lightly amused. "You don't have to feel shy around me." She noticed the hot flushed cheeks on his face.

"I…It's just that I'm having a hard time believing I'm talking to you face to face." Tracey mumbled, scratching his head. "I'm sorry about earlier…"

"It's all forgiven and forgotten." Michelle waved it off. "We're having dinner in a few minutes. You can stay if you like." She said kindly.

"WOW! A dinner with Michelle!" Tracey thought. He was stunned by her invitation. He quickly glanced at the clock on the wall. It was past quarter to seven. "Seven already? Well, it's time for me to be heading home. I don't want to do this but I guess I have no choice…" "Thanks for the invitation, Michelle. I have to get home soon. My friends might start to worry about me." He said reluctantly. He got up from his seat.

"That's too bad." Michelle said sympathetically. "Who knows we might bump into each other again sometime." She smiled.

"Yeah, maybe." Tracey said sadly. He held out his hand and Michelle shook it firmly.

"Do you need a ride home?" Elsa Grey asked him suddenly. "I could give you a lift if you want. I still have some unfinished assignments to be done at home."

"Sure, lead the way." Tracey said. "Come on guys, back to your pokéballs." The pokémon retreating inside the red and white strip balls.

"That's pretty neat." Elsa Grey was impressed.

"Thanks for everything." Tracey said shyly to them. "It was nice meeting you all…" Trista handed him his backpack.

"The pleasure is all mine, Tracey." Trista said.

"Take care," Michelle said.

Amara didn't answer but simply nodded her head. Tracey and Elsa said their goodbye and left the house together. The room became silence once more.

"What made you invite Island Boy?" Amara asked Michelle with a pure disgust on her face.

"You know what Amara, it doesn't hurt to be a nice once in a while to people." Trista was annoyed.

"Come on, the guy's a joke!" Amara persisted. "He's not even Michelle's type!"

"Are we talking about my love life now?" Michelle inquired. She raised her eyebrows questioningly.

"I happen to like Tracey." Trista said defensively. "He seems to be a very nice guy."

"I'm not in the mood to argue right now." Amara said wearily. "All I really care about is our mission. Above all else, that has to come first." She ended the conversation abruptly and marched into the kitchen.

"Amara, I…" Trista's voice trailed off. She was about to follow her but Michelle held her back.

"Trista, don't." Michelle shook her head.

"I understand." Trista said. Sighing, she looked away and saw a sketchbook lying on the couch. It was a sketch of Michelle playing a violin. She took the sketchbook and studied the portrait carefully. "This is a very good composition you did, Michelle." Trista commented. "It's lifelike…"

"I wish I can take the credit but it's not my drawing." Michelle claimed. "Very artistic." She nodded approvingly.

"Then…who did it?" Trista asked. She flipped the sketchbook sideways.

"It's belongs to Tracey…" Michelle read the front label. A slow, hesitant smile spread across her face…

* * *

"Thanks for walking me home, Ash…" Hotaru said shyly. They were walking hand in hand together.

"Don't mention it." Ash said. He added mischievously. "Well, as long as you don't fall over…"

"I won't." Hotaru blushed

Ash laughed at her reaction. "I was just pulling your leg there." He said jokingly.

"Pika… Pikachu…" Pikachu said, shaking his head.

"I WASN'T making fun of her, Pikachu." Ash protested.

Hotaru watched in amusement the sparring match between Ash and Pikachu. Her giggles turned into a fit of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Ash inquired.

"Don't mind me," Hotaru answered, wiping a tear from her eye. "I didn't have a good laugh in a long time… You guys were hilarious. It's nice to have close friends… That reminds me, I forgot about Rini!" Hotaru was horrified.

"Were you supposed to meet someone at the park?" Ash questioned.

"My best friend, Rini. She didn't show up. Oh, I hope she's okay." Hotaru said worriedly. "Do you think it would be too late heading back to the park?"

"What about your parents? They may start to worry if you don't get home soon. It's getting dark." Ash advised cautiously.

"You're right." Hotaru agreed reluctantly. "I'll drop by her house tomorrow morning." Ash began telling his interesting adventures on his quest to become the world's pokémon trainer. Hotaru was eager enough to listen to his story on the rest of the way home.

"Well, here we are." Hotaru announced breathlessly, stopping in front of a huge mansion. "Daddy's home." She noticed a stationwagon at the parking lot.

"Is this where you live?" Ash was astounded.

"Come on, I'll show you inside." Hotaru pulled his arm and dragged him towards the house. She rang the doorbell and a woman answered it.

"Hotaru? Where have you been?!" Kaori Night screeched at her, opening the doors for her. "You're late as usual! Who IS this?"

Ash gulped nervously under her scrutinizing gaze. "He…Hello…I'm Ash Ketchem…." He said awkwardly.

"None of your business, Kaori Night…" Hotaru snapped, brushing pass by her.

"My, how rude…" Kaori Night was trying to sound offended. There was a slight evil smirk on her face.

"Don't pay any attention to her." Hotaru said to Ash. She glared at Kaori Night and steered Ash away from her.

"Who was that?" Ash asked her curiously.

"My worst nightmare," Hotaru answered grimly.

"Oh really? She looks like a mean old witch to me. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." Ash apologized.

"That's okay. I feel the same way." Hotaru said. "I don't really like her at all. Her name is Kaori Night and she's my dad's assistant." She paused for a moment. She heard yelling coming from the living room. It sounded like her dad.

"What's the matter?" Ash looked concerned.

"It's my daddy…. He's upset…." Hotaru said. "I should go to him." She made a quick dash.

"Hotaru, wait!" Ash exclaimed. He went after her.

Hotaru barged inside the living room. She saw her dad arguing with another man. It was intense encounter. She never heard her dad this angry before and she was scared.

"You left me to die 4 years ago!?!? My life and career all ruined because of you!!" Prof. Tomoe spat out.

"Come now, I thought you be happy to see your old friend, Profr. Tomoe." Giovanni said, smirking. "I might have some business proposition for you."

"I'm not interested in any of your business dealings…" Dr. Tomoe gritted his teeth in anger.

"Daddy?" Hotaru stepped forward. She was trembling with fear.

"Hotaru!?" Prof. Tomoe was surprised. "Sweetie, you shouldn't be in here." He came to her side and wrapped his arm around his daughter protectively. "Everything is okay, sweetheart."

"Ah… You must be Hotaru Tomoe." Giovanni said gallantly. "You are a splitting image of your mother."

"You know my mother?" Hotaru asked him.

Before Giovanni could answer her, Prof. Tomoe cut him off. "I think you should be on your way…" His eyes glittered dangerously.

"This isn't over yet, Tomoe." Giovanni said warningly. With a final look, he turned on his heels and left. Dr. Tomoe sighed in relief. He was emotionally drained.

Ash peeked inside the living room. "Whoa!!" He stumbled back when the door opened. "My apology," Giovanni said rather quickly. He excused himself.

"Who was that?" Ash was curious. He kept staring until Giovanni's figure disappeared from the hallway.

"Ash, there you are." Hotaru said. "Daddy, this is Ash Ketchem. A new friend I met today."

"That's wonderful, honey." Dr. Tomoe beamed at his daughter. "I believe I met this young man today at the science convention."

"That's right. Wow, what a small world." Ash said.

"Indeed it is," Prof. Tomoe agreed. "Thank you for bringing home my daughter home safely."

"It was nothing," Ash said modestly. "I'm glad to help anytime."

"Hotaru, there's a phone call for you." Kaori Night announced. She appeared from nowhere. "It's your friend, Rini."

"Tell her I'll be there in a minute." Hotaru said.

"Very well." Kaori Night said, turning away.

"I should be getting home soon or my mom will start calling the police." Ash said jokingly.

"I'll show you the way out." Prof. Tomoe said.

"Don't go yet, Ash." Hotaru said.

"What is it Hotaru?" Ash asked. Hotaru leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Hotaru blushed furiously and Ash's face reddened. Prof. Tomoe smiled.

"Will…will you come and visit me the next time?" Hotaru asked shyly, looking down on the floor.

"Sure if you want," Ash answered. "Pikachu and I will be here the next time."

"I…I would like that very much." Hotaru's face brightened. "Bye Ash. Thanks for everything…" She waved as she watched him leave.

Prof. Tomoe brought Ash back to the front door and exchanged a polite farewell. The sky was getting dark. Ash was walking down the street of Tokyo. "That's good, Hotaru's home safe and sound. Now, how do I get home?" Ash wondered, scratching his head.

To be continued…

PS: Sorry, if this chapter is very dry. I couldn't think of a better plot. Kammy Kruise who came up with the idea of Tracey's name "Island Boy" since he came from the Orange League >_<