Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Temptations Inn ❯ Darker than black. ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Once my feet had reached the cement floor, I let go of the ladder and quickly glanced around. Besides the light glow from my lighter, the rest of the room was pitch black. I had climbed for a while, figuring I was either at the first floor or basement.

The lighter only gave me a view of anything about a foot or more in front of me, so I was very careful. I didn't hear any moans of hunger, or any footfalls, so I figured I was out of danger.. for the moment, at least.

I followed allong the cement brick wall, searching for a door, hallway, or something of that manner.

Suddenly I heard a splash, and felt like I had just stepped in a puddle of water. As I glanced down, I saw not water, but blood.

I swallowed quietly, seeing that there was a trail of blood leading across the floor, towards the other side of the room. Almost upon instinct, I began to follow the trail of crimson; could it be a trap? Or maybe, it was a clue on how to escape this room. Who knew.. yet, at least.

Soon, the trail ended at a wall, and I gasped, stumbling back in fear as I stumbled back onto my rear, unable to take my eyes off what I had come across. Someone had been crucified on the wall, a man, I guessed. I couldn't tell what they looked like; they had a tight plastic wrapping all over his or her body. There were multiple stab wounds on the chest, stomach, legs, and arms.. the person's hands and feet had long nails put through them to keep him hung on the wall. Along with that, I noticed one of the nails going through the persons forehead; it was long enough that it went right through his head and into the wall.

This really made me sick to my stomach, but I held in my meal for the time being. The last thing I noticed was a neckless the wrapped man had around his neck. On the neckless hung a key; it didn't look like a drawer key, or a normal door key.. like, a special key.. the front doors, maybe?

Swallowing, I quickly took the key off the man, taking a step back and pocketing it. After a moment of staring at the dead body, I began to search the room.

I found a long hallway, and quicky moved down it. Once I reached the end, I found elevator doors. I knew the elevator had fallen earlier, so maybe I could climb something. I managed to open the doors fairly easily, staring down into the dark elevator shaft, then looking up. I saw the ladder nearby; this section was still on, thankfully, and I'd have to trust it.

I jumped out, catching the ladder and clinging onto it. The elevator doors had shut after my leave, startling me somewhat.

After thinking for a moment, I found that I had been in the basement, so I needed to go up only one floor; that's exactly what I did.

It took me a bit, but I managed to get the first floor elevator doors open, and step into the long familiar hallway of the first floor. I could finally get out; hopefully, at least. As I began to cautiously move down the dark hallway, I heard a voice at the end, where the foyer is.

"Hello!? Matt?! Where are you?" A females voice.

My eyes widened, and I realized who it was; Jill! I made a mad dash down the hallway, all my thoughts directed on her. They weren't all happy; what if one of the monsters got to her?

"Jill! Hold on!" I called out loudly as I ran.

And then, she came into my view, smiling widely at me. I had a somewhat serious look on my face as I reached her, shaking my head. "H-How the heck did you get in here? We've GOT to get out of here..! We're both endangered of being killed!"

Jill frowned, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head to the side. She had her shoulder length blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail; a blue tanktop adorned her upper half, while jeans and sneakers were worn on the lower. She sighed somewhat. "Uh huh. I would think you'd be swinging me around and happy to see me."

I frowned as well, shaking my head and hugging her, swallowing. "Please.. I'm serious. I'll do everything for you.. once we get out of here! C'mon!" I ran past her towards the door, sliding the key in. Before I could turn it, I heard Jill scream behind me. My eyes widened, and I quickly turned around to see Jill being held by John; he had his arm tightly around her neck, holding her to his body with a smirk.

"Hey boy. It's not that easy." John laughed as he glanced to Jill, then back to me.

My fisted clenched, and I suddenly wished I had one more bullet, so I could put it through John's head. "Let.. her.. go!"

"Nuh uh." John chuckled, shaking his head.

"Help me, Matt! "Jill kicked and struggled, but was unable to free herself of the powerful grasp that held her.

I growled and stepped forward, but it wasn't long before I felt something hard slam into the back of my head, and I fell onto my face on the floor, everything going black.