Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Deception ❯ A Swimming Headache ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: A Swimming Headache

By the time they got there, the Party was well underway.  About 30 people were there, all from Pokemon tech.  The music was pounding, the lights were flickering, and people were laughing.  James's eyes lit up,

Maybe this won't be so bad after all He thought to himself.

Jessie and James got out the taxi, but as Jessie went for her purse, James put his arm on her shoulder.

 "Don't worry Jess, I'll pay."

Jessie made no argument, just flashed him a smile and went to join the party.  James paid the Taxi driver and followed Jessie inside.

Great, this will be perfect opportunity to get closer to Jessie. He smirked as he joined the pounding party.

-----

The party went on into the early hours of the morning.  During this time, Jessie and James had danced together, talked with the others there, and had several drinking competitions. So as you can imagine, when it was time to go, both were pretty drunk.  They staggered out of the door and waited for the Taxi James had just about managed to call 5 minutes ago. They stood by the curb holding onto each other, supporting each other as they laughed at nothing in particular.  The Taxi arrived and they both clambered in. When they got back to Pokemon tech, Jessie and James were in fits of giggles, they staggered out of the taxi, and James tried to open his wallet, but ended up dropping it, which just caused them to laugh even more.  The Taxi driver, seeing he was going to be here a long time if he didn't do something, took James's wallet, took the correct amount of money from it, put the wallet back in James's jacket pocket, and drove off.  (AN: Yeah right!)  James, who hadn't even noticed any of this, just hung onto Jessie as they both staggered up to the doors of Pokemon tech. Jessie and James were the last ones to leave the party, so everyone else had already gone to bed. The peace of the grounds around Pokèmon tech was broken by the sounds of Jessie and James laughing drunkenly, and, attempting to sing.

Jessie pushed on the doors and they creaked open.  She fell forwards, and trying to grab onto something but failing, ended up falling on her back.  James, to drunk to realise he had to step over Jessie, tripped up over her and landed on top of her, face to face. The corridor was dark, as all the lights had been switched off.  At the other end was an elevator, and to the right of that was a flight of stairs.  Along the corridor were various others doors, leading to various others rooms

Jessie giggled and kissed the top of his nose.

 

"I think," she began, slurring on her words, "We should get ta bed."

 "We?" James smiled slyly

Jessie smiled and sighed, "Not like dat." She giggled again.

 "But," she said, "I don't wanna go ta bed alone. Would you like ta escort a lady?"

She tried to put her most innocent face on, but only ended up giggling again. James looked at her softly, although his eyes still had that spark that said he was definitely drunk.  After a while when Jessie realised he wasn't saying anything, she stopped giggling and looked up at him.  She looked into his emerald eyes that were sparkling more then usual. 

James slowly moved his head towards hers, and before she could say anything, pressed his lips against hers.  James was to drunk to realise what he was doing, so was Jessie.  Jessie responded and closed her eyes.  They stayed there for a minute, until James broke the kiss.  He looked down at her, who still had her eyes closed.  When she opened them again, she smiled.

 "Well?"

 "Well what?"

 "Are you, or are you not, gonna escort a lady to her room?"

James' answer was to roll off her and attempt to stand up.  He grabbed on a door handle to help him get up.  Jessie by now, had also got up.  They put their arms around each other's shoulders and slowly made their way to the other end of the corridors.  When they got there, James stood in front of the elevator, and, in a very corny French accent said;

 "Would mamoiselle care to take zee stairs or zee elevator?" 

Jessie giggled, "The elevator please."

James pressed the button, "Your vish is my command." 

The elevator came and they got inside.  When the doors closed, Jessie pinned a surprised James against the wall and kissed him sternly. She had her hands under his shirt as she held him closer.   When the doors opened, they pulled apart.  Before they stepped through, Jessie put her finger to his lips,

"Shhhhhh." She giggled again and pulled James out of the elevator. 

She tried to be quiet, but she couldn't help laughing, and neither could James.  When they finally reached Jessie's room, she couldn't see straight and couldn't figure out why her key wouldn't fit in the lock.  When it did, she un-locked it and fell through, straight on to her bed. James shut the door and it slammed loudly.  James winced at the loud sound, then giggled as he realised he wasn't supposed to make any noise.  He collapsed on the bed next the Jessie.  He poked her in her side, but she didn't move.  He turned her over onto her back, she was fast asleep.  James thought this was a good idea, and snuggled up next to her and went to sleep. 

------

He was running, running so fast like he had never run before.  The sand sunk beneath his feet every time he stepped.  He could feel something was wrong.  Something inside his was about to die.  Not a physical part, but something in his life, that if they left, his heart would die.  He had never had this feeling before, it was new to him.  The sun had set but the sky was stormy.  Thunder could be heard rumbling in the background.  He ran further and further until he could see a black helicopter on the sand, with the red 'R' on the side.  He stopped running.  He saw a man in sunglasses wearing black hooded coat with the red 'R' on the front, holding a knife to a young woman's throat.  She was screaming as hard as she could;

 "James!!!!! James!!!!!!"

The woman was wearing a white Rocket uniform, and her red hair was held up with a curl at the end.  James then realised who the woman was.

 "Jessie?"

Jessie didn't turn, but the man moved his head so he could see James.  The man smiled, and keeping the knife to Jessie's throat, through back his hood to show his lavender blue hair.  James stepped back in fear and bewilderment. The man slowly removed his sunglasses…and his emerald green eyes bored straight through James's soul like a knife. 

It was him.

 "JAMES PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jessie screamed.  But she wasn't looking at James, she was looking at the man holding her.

The man looked back towards the screaming girl, then back at James.  He pointed towards James before turning back to Jessie…….and slitting her throat.

 "NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

James stirred in his sleep.  He slowly fluttered his eyes open.  He didn't move for a moment, still thinking of the nightmare.  He looked to his left to see Jessie still sleeping.  He smiled.  Then he realised he had the worst headache he had ever had in his life.  He moaned and closed his eyes again.  Suddenly, the door flew wide open.

"Come on Jess you're gonna be late for the…"

Clara stood dead in her tracks, as she saw Jessie, snuggled up to James.

Oh great, thought James, I guess I slammed the door so hard it bounced back and didn't lock.

Clara resisted the urge to burst out laughing.

 "Oh" she said, smirking, "Have a good night James?"

James tried to sit up, but ended up just resting on his elbows.  He squinted at the morning sun, as they didn't pull the curtains last night.

 "It's not what it looks like." He said groggily.

 "Of course not." She said, still desperately trying not to laugh, "You better wake Jessie up James.  Or is she too tired after last night's excursions? And I'm not talking about that party."

That was it, she burst out laughing.  She ran out the door down the corridor.

Oohh, that's gonna keep the gossip line going for the next month.

Jessie stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes, immediately looking into a pair of emerald ones. Her breath caught in her throat, but the pain of the hangover soon took over. She moaned and tried to sit up next to James. 

"What happened last night?" she moaned

 "I'm not sure," replied James, rubbing his head, "I remember betting I could drink 5 pints quicker than you."

 "Yeah……who won that?"

James thought for a moment, "……..I can't remember.  Then what happened?" 

"I remember falling over when we got back through the doors off Pokemon tech and…"

Then it hit her, she had kissed him, no, he had kissed her first, and then she had kissed him in the elevator.  She blushed. James had also realised what she had remembered.

 "And then?" he nervously asked

 

I wonder if he remembers. Thought Jessie, I hope not.

 "And then…I can't remember what happened after that." Good recovery she thought.

Oh thank god she doesn't remember James thought.

 "Yeah, me neither."

Oh thank god he doesn't remember. Jessie thought.

They smiled at each other, and then it struck them.

 "Oh my God we're late!!" they both chorused, immediately wincing at the level of sound their own voices were.

They were.  They we're late for the final exam.  As quickly as they both could, having a tremendous hangover, they both washed and dressed and made their way down to the exam room. Luckily, the class hadn't gone it yet and we're still lined up outside the door.  As Jessie and James appeared out of the elevator, the whole line stopped talking and looked at them, some snickering and whispering.  Jessie and James looked at each other and sighed.

 "Here we go," whispered James.

As they walked to the back of the line, several people wolf whistled them.  One of them, a guy named Daniel, made the mistake of crossing the line.

 "So you two love birds," he started, laughing as he said it, "Sure you can yell load enough, or should we put some microphones in your room?" his friends around him laughed, Jessie narrowed her eyes at him.

 "What's that supposed to mean?" she growled at him

Daniel raised his voice an octave higher,

 "Oh James, Oh James!!"

Obviously imitating what everyone thought they had gotten up to last night, Daniel was the centre of attention, with everyone around laughing with him, and laughing at Jessie and James.

Well, that was the last straw for Jessie.

WHACK!!!

 "DON'T EVER INSULT ME OR JAMES AGAIN DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!?!????!?!?!?!?"  She was fuming with anger. "JAMES AND I GOT A LITTLE DRUNK LAST NIGHT YES, BUT WHAT YOU'RE THINKING DID NOT HAPPEN, GOT IT!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Daniel rubbed the back of his head, "Sheesh, stressey, I was only joking."

Jessie raised her arm with the mallet in hand again.

 "Jessie, don't." 

James's voice interrupted her angry thoughts.  His hand was on her raised arm.  She looked over to him, still angry, but when she looked into his eyes, all angry thoughts were gone again.  She put the mallet back and glared at Daniel,

She pointed at him, "You dare." She warned.

James took her arm and walked her to the back of the line.  After that little adrenaline rush, Jessie's headache was even worse.  She leaned on James as they waited at the back of the line.  Both weren't feeling to well, not surprising though.

 "Alright, silence please!!" The teachers piercing voice echoed through their heads as Jessie and James both snapped out of their dosing. "Everyone walk in the exam room in silence please."

The line slowly moved and Jessie and James were the last two walk in.  They ended up by the wall on the left hand side.  Although the desks were separate for exam conditions, Jessie sat next to James, with James by the window. James looked out the window to see a pond nearby, with several Psyduck's swimming in it.  James nudged Jessie's foot with his own to get her attention.  She looked up from having her head in her hands.  James leaned over to whisper to her.

 "My head feels like those Psyduck."

 "What'd ya mean?"

 "A swimming headache."

Despite her own headache, she giggled.

 "JESSIE! JAMES!"

Both of them snapped their heads up.

 "You can whisper little love notes to each other after the exam."

Both of them turned bright red, as other people snickered.

 "I don't believe it." Whispered James, "Even the teacher knows." 

"Okay," the teacher resumed, handing the exam papers out, "Write your name on the front of the paper and don't turn it over until I say."

She finished handing them out then sat back at her desk.  She looked at her watch and looked up to the class.

 "Okay, you have two hours, you may begin now, good luck."

There was a moment of rustling papers as everyone turned them over, then silence. Jessie groggily looked at the first question. All she wanted to do is go to sleep.

The first question read;

 'The pokèmon 'Krabby' is a water type.  When it evolves, which of its claws grows the largest, the right or the left?'

 Oh I don't believe it. She thought, of all the questions! She sat there thinking about it, then remember that she and James had gone over this the night before. Oh, oh what was it.  She was racking her brains to think of it. But it wouldn't show itself. Oh I wish I had never gone to that party.

Thinking of the party brought back another memory, James kissing her.  She sat there for a moment and mentally sighed.  James.  He was so sweet, she didn't deserve him, not for all the nasty ways she's treated him.  She stayed there in her daydream until the rustling of paper was heard.  She looked to the right, and everyone was turning a page of the exam paper.  That meant they had already done 6 questions.  She looked to her left to James, who had a worried frown on his face as he too had noticed that only he and Jessie were still on the first side, and more importantly, still both on the first question.  They looked at each other, gulped, and got back to the paper.

To be continued…….