Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete Souls ❯ ... The Mice Won't Play ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Meanwhile, back on our humbled mud ball, were two people who really needed Meowth.


Well, three, but one's very quality of life was already being questioned inadvertantly.


"ORDINARY, COMPASSIONATE HUMAN BEINGS DON'T SMASH THEIR HUSBANDS OVER THE HEAD WITH FRYING PANS, JESSICA!"


Don't seem like soulmates, do they? But this pairing were none other than the best friends of that extraordinary cat...


... yes, this couple where Jessie and James, ex-agents of the illustrious Team Rocket, an organisation that existed solely to steal and categorically exploit Pokemon. However, things were rather different now to the way they had been back then.


For a start, the Humans, who had back then been only friends, had admitted their love for each other, and settled down, now married, into a comfortable house, ransacking random businesses to be able to afford the luxury. Jessie was also pregnant, something that was turning her into a walking, talking, hormonal slave.


"WELL, PERHAPS IF YOU CAME HOME EARLIER THAN TWO IN THE GODDAMNED MORNING, I WOULDN'T WANT TO HIT YOU!" The overly emotional Jessie screamed, enraged to be spoken to in this manner. "FOR GOD'S SAKE, JAMES,I'M GOING TO BE A MOTHER TO YOUR DAUGHTER! THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS ACT LIKE THAT MEANS SOMETHING TO YOU!"


"SO THIS IS MY FAULT, IS IT?!" The man shrieked in outrage. "THE ONLY REASON I STAY OUT THAT LATE IS BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS SCREAMING AT ME WHEN I'M AT HOME! MAYBE IF I GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU GAVE A FUCK ABOUT ME, THEN I WOULDN'T VENTURE OUT SO OFTEN!"


"YOU ARROGANT SON OF A BITCH! I LOVE YOU!"


Stepping right in front of her, the lavender-haired male snarled out a despicable comment, the like of which he'd never have intended to say in a million years, his own emerald eyes blazing into her sapphire ones.


"Yes, and I USED to love you,” he sneered, his face icy and expression emotionless.


As soon as the words had escaped his lips, he regretted every syllable - but it was too late to prevent Jessie’s tears from creeping slowly down her pale face.


“I didn’t m-” the male attempted to amend quickly, disgusted at his own cruelty, but the damage had been done.


“How can you do this to me…?” She muttered hopelessly, evidently distraught. “I thought you cared…”


James awkwardly tried to take her into his arms gently, careful to consider his foetal daughter, but she pulled violently away.


“Don’t touch me,” she snarled, sobbing now, her voice marred by trembles. “I TRUSTED you, I made love to you, I’m pregnant with your child… and you dare to say that you don’t love me? You sick, deranged BASTARD! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! I CAN’T COPE WITH PARENTHOOD ON MY OWN!”


“Jessie!” James cried, his retinas fogging over with excess water, the like of which pleaded to be shed. He had to make her understand how inadvertent that comment had truly been…


“I didn’t mean-” he began again, only to receive a sharp blow across the face for his troubles.


“GET LOST, YOU OBNOXIOUS BASTARD!” She screeched, tears caressing her beautifully high cheekbones. “I HATE YOU!”


He flinched slightly as he touched the affliction, tears now joining his wife’s and falling quickly. The words, however, were what bristled him the most. She couldn’t hate him…


“YOU HEARD ME!” She roared, picking up a random object from the cabinet next to her and attempting to aim it at either his groin or his head, depending on what seemed more attractive at the correct moment.


James, meanwhile, wasn’t one to be deterred, and stepped gently over to her, stroking her stomach fondly.


Jessie, however, jerked back involuntarily, looking furious.


“Don’t touch us,” she snapped dangerously, preparing to launch the heavy item at him.


The male, salty drops streaming down his cheeks, attempted once more to inform his soulmate of how unintentional his denunciation of love had been, but once again, got nowhere as the implement she held collided with his back, smashing the glass bottle to pieces and ripping James’ neck to bloody shreds.


The purple-haired man stood, staring at his wife, who was sobbing quietly, towards the mirror, to stare at his own neck, and turned quietly away.


“So be it,” he whispered miserably, giving up. She obviously didn’t love him, no matter what she said. “I won’t stay where I’m not wanted.”


Striding silently up the stairs, she watched him go, her anger suddenly dissipating as the numbing reality of the situation was unavoidably bought to her conscious.


He was leaving. After fourteen years without a day apart, he was leaving her, and their unborn child, without considering her emotions for a moment.


First Meowth, and now James. She’d be all alone, raising her daughter without any manner of assistance.


Jessie collapsed, breaking down as he came down the stairs, not caring to utter a single word, and strode out the door, slamming it behind him, his tears stinging at her soul.