Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete Souls ❯ When The Cat Met The Rat - Take Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“What da heck is goin’ on here?!” The cat demanded, having reached the main, interstellar city in which the AC Initiation Ceremony would take place.


All around him, thousands upon thousands of people and Pokemon were rushing into a huge, marbled structure, a pale grey in shade, treading over random clouds in various colours in order to reach their destination.


Hundreds of different portals lined the Eastern wall, he observed as he walked into the building, almost being trampled by a deceased Nidoking as he filed in between unknown legs.


“Pika!” A voice called frantically, delighted to see his old rival.


Managing to emerge in the positioning of the voice, Meowth noticed the creature that had almost killed him more times than he cared to recall.


However, strangely enough, he was delighted to see him.


“PIKACHU!” The feline yelled happily, embracing the electrical rodent in a tight hug. “How are ya, buddy?!”


“Better if you didn’t squeeze me half to death…”


Meowth promptly dropped Pikachu, partially through the rat’s vocal impetus, and partially due to the fact the rat HAD a vocal impetus to utilise.


“Youse can SPEAK?!” The ex-Rocket muttered in amazement, to which Pikachu laughed a gently haunting laugh.


“God yeah!” The Electric-type commented with a wry grin, as unnervingly cheerful as ever. “Why the hell wouldn’t anyone choose to be able to speak?!”


“Never had da issue,” Meowth admitted, smiling languorously at Pikachu. The cat was suddenly struck with an idea, which he knew full well would be unlikely to receive positive feedback, but he decided to query it regardless.


“Don’t suppose youse are here for da AC trainin’, are ya?” Meowth queried hopefully, to which Pikachu, to the cat’s joy, nodded.


“Yeah… I really want to get Ash and Misty together, it’s so damn obvious they’re in love,” the mouse mused morosely. “You’re hoping for Jessie and James, I presume? They’re in love as well.”


“Blatantly,” the feline added confidentially, causing Pikachu to chuckle. “Shall we, Pikachu?”


“Yeah, and good luck on receiving Jessie and James.”


“Right back at ya, buddy.”


And together, they walked through the nearby threshold and into the AC Centre Gate, gaping at the sight before them.


In the huge, crimson-painted, open-air stadium rested thousands of chairs, situated in ovals around the enormous complex. At the centre of the field below, that claimed host to purple grass, was a small podium, at which stood a Human male.


“COULD ALL POKEMON AND HUMANS INTENDING TO PERFORM AMATEUR CUPID DUTY PLEASE MAKE THEIR WAY DOWN TO THE MIDDLE OF THE STADIUM!” An announcement boomed from nowhere, much to the shock of the two friends.


“Come on,” Meowth urged, filing his way through the crowds of people who were evidently here to witness the event, and Pikachu quickly followed him, not willing to become parted from his former rival.


Eventually, after several Thundershocks and various comments on Meowth’s miraculous ability to speak, they reached the violet grass, and began to stride across it, anxious as to what they would find waiting for them.