Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete Souls ❯ The Cat, The Rat And Cupid ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Oh my god, dis place is HUUUUUUGE,” Meowth muttered nervously, feeling somewhat unsettled as he glanced up at the thousands of people and Pokemon that adorned the seats of the Stadium.


“None too tenacious, are we?” Pikachu replied disdainfully, patting Meowth’s shoulder in a jovial motion. “This is GREAT!”


At that precise moment, an enormous, brilliant red Rhydon positioned itself right behind the two new friends, which caused them both to stare in unbridled shock and terror.


“Still t’ink dis is great?” The feline whispered, horrified at the gargantuan monster behind them, keeping his glare determinedly forward.


“Peachy,” the rat answered dryly, also careful to maintain his gaze towards the podium in the centre of the field.


As though the petrified pair weren’t intimidated enough, suddenly the speakers on either side of the pitch began to blare out a message.


“CAN TEAM ROCKET’S TALKING MEOWTH AND ASH KETCHUM’S POTENT PIKACHU PLEASE COME TO THE AMATEUR CUPID’S EXECUTIVE OFFICE?!” The female boomed at the amassed crowd, triggering the incredulity of the duet.


“Dat’s us, right?” Meowth queried, to which Pikachu nodded glumly.


“Where the Hell is the AC Exec’s Office?!” The Electric-type whined, sounding rather reminiscent of James.


Instantly, the Pokemon were both tapped on the shoulder by a thick hand. They both, frightened of their suspicions being confirmed.


“I-it’s th-the Rhydon, is-isn’t it?” Pikachu stammered, not daring to spin around to verify this fact for himself.


Meowth, his hands fiercely fixed to his retinas, stole a frenzied glance behind him, and nodded in abject contemplation.


The Steel type, meanwhile, seemed rather abashed by their fright.


“Just because I’m large, doesn’t mean you should automatically assume I’m a bastard,” the Pokemon muttered hotly, throwing its gigantic fist in the direction of the Eastern side of the stadium. “The AC Office is over there. If you’d have read the manual, you’d know.”


“T’anks,” Meowth mumbled with a distinct edge of unenthusiasm to his tone, following Pikachu to the rim of the arena.


“There was a manual?” The Electric-type muttered in aggravation. “No-one gave me any goddamned manual… I mean, what is this, a privilege or a chore?”


Soon, they reached the Office, and knocked tentatively on the high-framed, varnished doorway.


“COME IN!” A screechy voice called, the like of which grated against their eardrums as they debated over who would open the door first.


“Ladies foist,” Meowth pointed out reasonably, pushing the rodent Pokemon forwards.


“I’m male, you moron!” Pikachu stormed, livid at being called a woman, however inadvertantly.


“But cats are creatures of elegance and distinction,” the feline insisted, pulling the door and shoving Pikachu inside it first, sidling in nervously behind him.


“You called?” The mouse queried tentatively to the back of an apparently empty, black leather seat.


The chair accordingly spun round, and revealing a long, thin female, clad in a black silk dress, who beckoned the edgy Pokemon towards her desk.


“Well, as you know,” the woman began, verifying their adherence, “the choice of soulmates is supposed to be random.”


At a small nod from Pikachu, the female pressed on.


“However, your friends…”


“What’s wrong wit dem?” Meowth, who seemed to have finally found his voice and his vertebrae, interrupted quickly.


“Well, the current relationships of both Jessie and James and Ash and Misty aren’t exactly adequate for their children to be born into-”


“Children?” Both of the Pokemon repeated, stunned.


“Both of the females are pregnant.”


Meowth and Pikachu just stared at her.


“But Jessie can’t stand anybody unda da age of twelve,” the cat pointed out, dumbfounded at this revelation. “It’s like an unwritten rule dat she don’t associate wit kids.”


“Need I add that it wasn’t planned?” The woman replied tiredly. “She wasn’t exactly ecstatic when she discovered, but after speaking extensively to James, she learned to actually start looking forward to meeting her daughter.”


“Why are youse usin’ da past tense?”


With a heavy sigh, the Human peered down at Meowth.


“James left her several hours ago,” she informed the feline softly.


“What?!” Both Meowth and Pikachu answered instantly, further astounded.


“Even I could see that he worshipped her!” The yellow animal added heatedly.


“Jessie led him to believe that she didn’t love him.”


“How did she do dat?”


“She said the three words that soulmates should never say to each other,” the woman responded, now with the utmost sincerity in her tone.


“I hate you,” the friends whispered together, to which the female shot them a sharp glare.


“Don’t tell me someone actually READ the manual?!” She commented, evidently incredulous.


“Why do people keep talking about MANUALS?!” Pikachu yelled irately, thoroughly annoyed with the topic of guidebooks.


The female laughed daintily, pointing to a magazine that lay on the nearest shelf.


Only Meowth seemed to remembering the matter at hand.


“Excuse me, woman, whatever your name is-” he began, only to be cut short by her.


“Cupid, dear cat,” she replied tartly. At their amazement, her look softened slightly.


“What, you were expecting a fat man in underwear?” She remarked with a hint of sourness, to which they both nodded, unabashed.


Tutting loudly, muttering “Stereotypes” under her breath, she returned to the point of the conversation.


“Anyway, boys, Ash has also left Misty, due to a one night stand and her according declaration of hatred.”


“Holy shit,” Pikachu whispered. “Ash, on a one night stand? Seems so unlike him…”


“Hey, I can’t say as I blame da guy,” Meowth added reasonably. “I’d sleep around if I had Misty waitin’ for me at h-OUCH!”


A brief Thundershock from an aggrieved Electric-type quickly silenced the cat, much to the amusement of Cupid.


“Anyhow, because of Jessie and Misty’s harsh words, both the men believe themselves unloved and inadequate,” she went on. “And if you’d read the manual, you’d know that they have twenty-four hours to get back together with James and Ash respectively.”


The tone of her voice made Pikachu stare at her anxiously.


“And what happens if they’re not together by the end of the allotted time?” He asked in wonder, almost frightened of the answer.


Cupid looked sombre as she returned their glances.


“Then they will ripped apart forever,” she said tenderly.


“By ripped apart, do youse mean…?”


“I mean that one of their number will die.”


“And what are we meant to do about it?!” Pikachu demanded, frantic now, as was Meowth.


“We are enlisting your help to ensure their safety,” she informed them lightly. “You will each be visible to your individual charges for the next day, and Pikachu will retain his ability to speak. You will be ready for imminent departure, I hope?”


“Too right we will,” Meowth responded fiercely.


“Good good,” Cupid commented absently. “Who would you like to speak to first?”


“Jessie,” the feline reacted instantly. “She’s the more stubborn of the two.”


“Misty,” Pikachu added, and the woman nodded softly.


“Alright,” she began, raising her fingers in accordance. “Good luck to the both of you, and your twenty-four hours begin now!”


With a snap of her fingers, the AC Office swirled out of focus, and they re-materialised into physical existence back on Earth, Meowth near a distraught Jessie, and Pikachu close to a saddened Misty.