Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Modesty ❯ Sorry! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

MoonlitMeowth: Hey all you people! Okay, I'm back with another new story!! Wheeee!! I know most of you are probably wondering why I've added this new story without updating my others, but…I don't know either.
 
Shinimegami: Sis, I thought it was because you are so totally lost on your other stories!
 
MoonlitMeowth: Oh…um…yes. Perhaps that's it…
 
Shinimegami: (sigh)
 
MoonlitMeowth: Well, okay. (turns to readers) BTW, my sister has also given me ideas on what to do with this story. So, she gets credit too for this newest story!
 
Shinimegami: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! (smile)
 
MoonlitMeowth: Anyway, without further ado, let's get this hilariously modest story on the ROAD!!
 
Meowth: Meowth meowth! (happy face)
 
Disclaimers: I don't own Pokémon, or anything that has to do with Pokémon………………PLEASE DON'T SUE ME!!!
 
_________________________________________________________________ ________
 
This may seem like a strange, confusing world, but there are things FAR more strange and confusing than what people think… The Pokémon world is a fascinating world with amazing creatures within it, but there are creatures MUCH more fascinating and amazing than them. And this…is where our story begins…
 
Meet Bob Modest. He is on his very own Pokémon journey, leading him to do many things that other people don't have the time or skill to do. Right now, Bob is training the toughest Pokémon he can maintain under his control. He is doing a really great job for someone of seventeen. Bob's team is very rare, and hard to keep together. Still, he is doing a wonderful job. Perhaps even better than most would have done.
 
Let us now meet Bob, and see where his adventures have taken him from the beginning, and where he received his starter Pokémon, Eevee.
 
____________________________________________________
 
“Sorry! I'm SO sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! But I wouldn't have had to do so if you had ONLY stayed in the FIRST Poké ball that I threw!” Bob cried, hovering over an injured Caterpie.
 
Bob's Eevee looked up at him, unblinking. This is not the first time her master has been overly sensitive with Pokémon, or anything ELSE.
 
“Eeveeeee…” Eevee sighed, ears and tail drooping.
 
“Now,” Bob continued, “if it's okay with you, I'm going…to throw…another…Poké ball. Is that alright?”
 
The Caterpie has finally passed out.
 
“Oh…well, I'll make the decision for it, and say that's a `yes'.” Bob pulled out another one of his Poké balls, and gingerly dropped it on the Caterpie's limp body. The ball took the unconscious Pokémon inside, shook a few times, and then lay still.
 
“Yay!” Bob cried, wiping sweat from just above his big, owl-like glasses. “I almost thought we wouldn't have caught that one, eh Eevee?”
 
“Huuwee?” The Eevee whimpered.
 
“Yeah…whew! Well, I guess we can go to Phenac City now…This desert is starting to freak me out…”
 
As if on cue, sand blew up from all around, and flew over Bob and his Eevee.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T MEAN IT!! I'M SO SORRY!!! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS!!!” Bob shouted to the sand.
 
The sand had gradually died down at this point.
 
Bob gasped for breath, while his Eevee had already called herself back into her Poké ball.
 
“I'm so sorry that I said something like that to you,” Bob continued to the sand, “and I'm sorry that it caused some conflict, but I was, indeed, scared of you.”
 
With one more look around, Bob picked up the Poké ball containing the Caterpie, hoisted his backpack back onto his shoulder, jumped onto his bike, and rode back to Phenac.
 
____________________________________________________
 
Once Bob had reached his destination, he parked his bike outside the Pokémon Center, chained it up, and went inside.
 
“Nurse Joy! I'm back!” he called. He paused for a moment, and then shouted out, “Don't feel like you have to come to see me! I know that this may cause some inconvenience for you if you try to get up from what you're doing just to come and see me!!! So don't worry about seeing me!!”
 
Bob trooped off to his room, put his backpack down, which contained his best and strongest Pokémon, and headed for the PC. He turned it on, sent the Caterpie to his PC box, and then turned the PC off again.
 
Bob is seventeen years of age. He is a very unique individual. His parents had booted him out of the house when he turned ten years old. …Or so everyone thought, until they realized that Bob had escorted himself out of the house because he thought he would cause his parents inconvenience every time they needed to take care of him. And in being ten years old, he was just old enough to become a Pokémon trainer. And he WOULD have gone to Pokémon School if he had not thought the teacher would be in some kind of inconvenient state had Bob been there to be taught when other students should SURELY come before him.
 
So Bob had taught himself to become a Pokémon trainer. Though it's safe enough to say that it is indeed INCREDIBLE that he managed to teach himself EVERYTHING a good trainer needs to know, he is avoided by many people. But that is okay; he would have told them that he would be a burden to them anyway.
 
However, Bob has his own party of six Pokémon. Many people who know Bob very well have always pondered as to why he has not gotten rid of THEM either? Well, the answer is very simple. He likes his Pokémon, and they like him. Although, he has made it very clear numerous times in the past that he felt he was a burden to them, they stuck by him anyway. (Probably out of pity.) Whatever the reason, they are very loyal to him to this very day.
 
Bob's appearance is quite shocking when one first lays eyes upon him. (Not in the good way…) He has very LARGE owl-like glasses. His hair always appears greasy, long, and pitch-black. If anyone tried looking him in the eyes, they would see nothing but layer upon layer upon layer of eye-lens. No one knows what his true eye color is… Not even his own mother…
 
Bob also has a unique style of clothes. He always wears the same outfit each day. (Either that, or he has a thousand of the same outfit.) This outfit is a white shirt, which is underneath his blue overalls. He always has on two different pairs of socks, and even wears Velcro shoes! But at least he has the decency to wash himself. He actually smells VERY nice. Better than most perfume shops. (Not the kind that make your eyes water.)
 
Right now, Bob is ready to take on the Pre-Gym of Phenac City. He has been training his Pokémon to tip-top shape, and will do anything but lose! Well, that's what everyone THINKS…except for Bob.
 
He grabs his backpack, and rushes out the door, accidentally allowing it to slam behind him. Almost instantly, he re-opens the door, and then bellows out, “SORRY ABOUT THAT!!! I HOPE THAT WAS NOT AN INCONVENIENCE TO ANYONE IN THIS POKÉMON CENTER!!! I WOULD FEEL VERY BAD IF IT HAS DISTURBED ANYONE!!!” And almost instantly again, he realizes something… “AND I'M SORRY IF ANYONE FINDS IT DISTURBING AND INCONVENIENT THAT I'M YELLING LIKE THIS!!! I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU ALL ALONE NOW, SO IF ANYONE FEELS DISTUR—”
 
He is cut off by a voice that oddly sounds like Nurse Joys…if she were to yell. “THAT'S ENOUGH, BOB!! WE GET IT!! JUST GET OUT ALREADY!!”
 
“OKAY!!” Bob shouted back, and then cautiously closed the door behind him.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____________
 
MoonlitMeowth: So that's it. Pretty interesting story, eh?
 
Shinimegami: That was it?
 
MoonlitMeowth: Mmmm…yah. Look, I KNOW that it was a little short, but it was pretty much just an intro chapter anyway.
 
Shinimegami: Just a LITTLE short? That was shorter than YOU are!
 
MoonlitMeowth: (looks stunned) Well…! What would that make YOU then?!
 
Shinimegami: What the heck do you mean?
 
MoonlitMeowth: You're shorter than I am! That's what I mean!
 
Shinimegami: (gasps) You take that back!!
 
MoonlitMeowth: Why? It's true!
 
Shinimegami: (feels defeated) Fine! …But just make sure the next chapter is funnier than this one, okay?
 
MoonlitMeowth: Duh! Of COURSE it'll be funnier than this one! That's the way stories work, ya know?
 
Shinimegami: Okay then. Cool.
 
MoonlitMeowth: Yes. (turns to readers) Okay, so I hope you all enjoyed that chapter because there is gonna be soooooooooo much more coming after this! And much more hilarious too!
 
Shinimegami: More modest, you mean.
 
MoonlitMeowth: Sure, if ya mean exaggerated modesty, then yeah. (smile)
 
Meowth: Meowmy meowth meow mew mrow! (And please R&R this!)