Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Modesty ❯ How Did You Do That? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

MoonlitMeowth: Hey all you people! I'm back for my second chapter of “Modesty”!
 
Shinimegami: Ummm, isn't there something you wanted to TELL everyone?
 
MoonlitMeowth: Oh yah… Umm, I'd like to tell all of you that Bob is more than just modest…
 
Shinimegami: Yeah!
 
MoonlitMeowth: He also wants to stay on everyone's good sides, and is EXTREMEMLY apologetic.
 
Shinimegami: Which I'm sure the readers have noticed.
 
MoonlitMeowth: Yes, and my first reviewer pointed it out as well. But, I forgot to say the way Bob is modest is a little more complicated than regular modesty. Ya see, Bob is SO modest that he thinks it's no big deal to have people worrying over him! That is why he escorted himself from his own HOUSE!!!
 
Shinimegami: Pretty funny there, sis.
 
MoonlitMeowth: Glad you think so. Anyways, I guess that means all of you are ready to start reading the rest of the story! (grin)
 
Meowth: Meowmy mew!! (smile)
 
_________________________________________________________________ ____
 
After exiting the Pokémon Center, Bob Modest headed over to the Pre Gym in Phenac City. All Bob wanted to do was prove himself a worthy trainer to become a Pokémon Master. (Like most other trainers, of course.)
 
When he reached the Pre Gym, the automatic doors open with a whoosh, causing Bob to jump, and hold his heart.
 
“T-Thank you!” Bob managed to stammer to the inanimate doors. “I mean, REALLY!”
 
Bob entered the Pre Gym, on his toes JUST in case he would need to apologize for his “inconvenience” for showing up.
 
Justy, the Gym Leader, was sitting in his chair at his desk. He looked up from the medium-sized book he was reading when Bob thanked his doors for allowing his entrance.
 
“Hello Bob,” Justy said, “I've been expecting you.”
 
“Oh GOSH!!! Am I LATE?!?!” Bob cried, clasping his hands to his mouth.
 
“N-No…” Justy stuttered in confusion.
 
“PHEW!!!” Bob wiped away a bead of sweat that had formed during Justy's response.
 
“Anyway, now that you're here, Bob, we can begin.” Justy got up from his chair, setting the book aside, and grabbing a belt containing six Poké balls.
 
Bob nodded vigorously with a huge smile across his face.
 
“Good,” Justy continued, “Stand over there in the arena.” he pointed to the left side of the arena.
 
Bob ran to the place Justy indicated.
 
“Let's make this interesting,” Justy said, “by constructing a four-on-four double battle, instead of the usual six-on-six single battles.”
 
“Really?” Bob said, looking nervous all of a sudden.
 
“Of course.”
 
“I hope you're not just doing this to treat me special or anything, becau-”
 
“It's alright!!!” Justy interrupted irritably. “I just decided to do something new for a change of pace.”
 
“Okay…!” Bob nodded, apparently relieved.
 
“Now choose your first two Pokémon so we can begin your gym challenge!” Justy said, already choosing his first two Pokémon.
 
“I've got them!” Bob said. “Do you want to send yours out first, because I can wait. It's your choice, Justy.”
 
Justy sighed heavily. “Fine. I'll send mine out first.” he had both his Poké balls in both his hands, and threw them into the air. “Gligar and Cacnea! Go!”
 
The two red balls flew into the air, bursting open about two seconds apart from each other.
 
The white light first formed the gliding scorpion Pokémon, and the second white light instantly took shape of a small cactus Pokémon.
 
“Gliiii!”
 
“Cacne!!”
 
Justy's Pokémon were out on the arena, ready to be commanded like they have always been.
 
Now it was Bob's turn to make a move. He had already chosen his two starters, so he had both balls in his hands.
 
The first ball was a Repeat ball, and the second was Net ball. Bob had the Repeat ball in his left hand, and in being left-handed, he decided to throw, (or roll), the Repeat ball first.
 
The Repeat ball rolled not even one time before it lay still. Nothing came out of it. The ball had not made enough motion to summon his Pokémon.
 
Bob looked down at it, and lightly tapped it with his toe.
 
Justy, on the other side of the battle arena, sighed.
 
The Repeat ball, amazingly, reacted to the tap by blasting open and sending the white light in front of Bob. The light formed his first choice, his yellow lightning fox Pokémon.
 
“Jolt!” the female Jolteon cried.
 
Now most trainers know that after a Pokémon is released from its Poké ball, the ball will come straight back to the trainer's hand from which it was thrown. Bob, however, had been too excited that his Jolteon had come out of her ball, so he forgot the ball would return itself to him. But Bob is a little too low expecting of things, and when he reached down to pick it up, it came up and smacked him right center in the nose.
 
Bob howled in pain, and dropped the other ball onto the ground, in turn, causing the Net ball to release the Pokémon inside of it.
 
The white light erupted out of the blue Poké ball, quickly forming the blue water fox waiting for battle.
 
“Vapooorr!” the male Vaporeon growled.
 
The Net ball was ready to come back to Bob's right hand, but Bob was still in pain from the Repeat ball attacking him. Basically, the Net ball hit him in the nose again.
 
“OWWWWW!!! LOOK, I'M SORRY THAT I FORGOT IT WAS YOUR JOB TO RETURN TO ME, BUT I JUST FIGURED THAT YOU'D WANT A BREAK FROM THAT FOR A WHILE!!! THAT'S ALL I THOUGHT!!!” Bob cried at the two balls that he was now holding.
 
He reattached them to his belt, rubbed his nose one more time, and looked up at Justy.
 
Justy had the most bored, blankest look on his face that anyone knowing Bob could muster. He must have been expecting something similar to this to happen.
 
“Are…you…READY?” Justy finally said.
 
“I think so…” Bob sighed. Then his eyes grew wide. “Oh! I'm so sorry! I can't believe I just wasted time trying to make the pain in my nose go away while you were waiting for me to battle with you! Truly, I am!”
 
“I KNOW YOU ARE!!!” Justy shouted before he could help himself. “Look…it's alright. It really is. Let's just begin this battle to see if you can obtain this badge…”
 
“Okay!” Bob smiled, looking at his Vaporeon and Jolteon. They both looked like normal, healthy Pokémon, even WITH Bob as a trainer.
 
“I'll make the first move.” Justy said.
 
“Doesn't bother me one BIT.” Bob said with a big, true smile.
 
“Cool,” Justy said plainly, “Gligar! Use Sandstorm! And Cacnea! Use your Double Team!”
 
The two Pokémon began to make their moves their trainer had commanded of them.
 
“I guess you guys can go!” Bob said to his Pokémon. “Now, just do what you guys WANT to do. I'm not going to take control over what you both can and can't do. And don't sweat it if you don't hit them or beat them. I still love you guys even if you don't hit either of them ONCE!”
 
Vaporeon and Jolteon looked at each other, smiled, nodded, and took off.
 
Vaporeon started with his Aurora Beam attack, sending it directly at Gligar.
 
Gligar and Cacnea were both still in the middle of using their attacks when Bob told them what to do.
 
Vaporeon's attack hit Gligar head on in great speed. The Gligar screeched, the Sandstorm halted, and Gligar passed out right there!
 
“What?!” Justy cried.
 
But before he could call his Gligar back, Jolteon was making her move. She scrunched herself into a ball in the middle of the arena, her needles hardening and becoming much sharper. Suddenly, she shot out of being a ball, and fired the needles quickly at the Cacnea, whose evasiveness had climbed. Unbelievably, the needles had struck their mark, knocking the Cacnea out cold.
 
“WHAT?!?!” Justy cried out in alarm and disbelief.
 
Vaporeon and Jolteon were both standing their ground, right next to each other, looking as if they were still waiting for their opponent to send out his Pokémon.
 
“H-How did they DO that?” Justy exclaimed, his jaw dropping.
 
“Look, I'm sorry that your Pokémon didn't have a chance to attack or anything, I really am, but mine like to express themselves quite a lot, so I can't just tell them they're doing anything WRONG…” Bob explained.
 
“NO!! I don't care about that! I just wanted to know how you got them to be that strong!”
 
“I didn't do anything… I didn't want to command them or anything, so I just let them do their own thing. That way, they don't feel as if they're being pressured.”
 
Justy stared at Bob like he was something out of a science fiction movie. “…Really?”
 
“Yes.” Bob said, nodding to him.
 
“Wow…” Justy said, more to himself than to Bob. “We'll see how your other two Pokémon fair.” he recalled his two first Pokémon, and pulled out two more Poké balls.
 
“Go! Azumarill and Nosepass!” Justy threw the two balls into the air, both of which opened at the same time, revealing his second two choices.
 
“Azu!”
 
“Nosepass…!”
 
The two Pokémon looked like they could take on anything.
 
“Okay then. Guess you two have gotta come back to your homes.” Bob said to his Vaporeon and Jolteon.
 
They both were called back by Bob holding the balls out for them to come back into. He didn't want to hassle them by making them call THEMSELVES back.
 
Then, Bob pulled out a Luxury ball and a Timer ball. He decided that this time he would click the buttons on both balls at the same time in order to release his last two choices.
 
The white light flashed out of both the black and the white balls, causing the two different streams of white light to form two different Pokémon.
 
The Luxury ball's treasure was a purple fox.
 
“Espeon!” the male Espeon cried.
 
The Timer ball's content was a black fox.
 
“Umbre!” the female Umbreon cried.
 
Both the Eevees were sitting down, a sign that this battle didn't mean too much to them.
 
“Let's see what they've got.” Justy said. “You can make the first move.”
 
“Cool.” Bob said, looking down at his Espeon and Umbreon.
 
“Okay you guys. Do what it is that you feel like doing.”
 
Espeon and Umbreon leapt into battle the instant Bob was finished speaking with them.
 
Espeon first used his Psybeam on Azumarill, taking a nice, careful aim at it.
 
Azumarill ducked, thinking that the attack would miss, which it did. For that time being.
 
Seconds later, the Psybeam actually made a U-turn, and came back, hitting Azumarill in the back of the head, knocking it out.
 
Justy gasped in shock.
 
Umbreon was up next. She decided to go with the unavoidable Faint Attack. Nosepass knew it was at the end of its rope the minute it saw its friend pass out.
 
Umbreon came on Nosepass fast. Nosepass didn't even stand a chance, but Justy shouted out a command for Nosepass to use its Double Team.
 
The Nosepass managed to use its attack without getting assaulted by Bob's Umbreon. However, since Faint Attack was unavoidable, Umbreon made the same amount of copies of herself as Nosepass did to itself, and hit every copy of Nosepass with hers.
 
The Nosepass screeched in terror, and then fainted from that one attack.
 
Justy was stunned silent. He called both his Pokémon back, reattached them to his belt, rooted through his pocked, pulled out a shiny badge, and walked over to Bob.
 
Bob looked as though he was guilty of something. He wasn't, though. He just THOUGHT he was because he could tell Justy was shocked about his quick defeat with no damage to the challenger's Pokémon.
 
“Ummm, uhhh, thank you, Justy.” Bob said, letting Justy put the badge into his hand.
 
“Yeah,” Justy said, looking at both Espeon and Umbreon sitting like two sweet angles, “just make sure you don't lose out on your journey.”
 
_________________________________________________________________ ___
 
MoonlitMeowth: So, how was the second chapter? Good at all?
 
Shinimegami: I thought the battle was pretty funny.
 
MoonlitMeowth: Yep! You just can't go wrong with a strange victory!
 
Shinimegami: But, how DID Bob manage to make his team so strong?
 
MoonlitMeowth: Like I'm gonna ruin it and tell you that!
 
Shinimegami: (mutters) She probably doesn't even KNOW…
 
MoonlitMeowth: I heard that you know!
 
Shinimegami: Oh, sor-ry!
 
MoonlitMeowth: (death glare) ANYway, I just hope all you readers are enjoying the story! It'll get funnier from here on because he's taking a journey!
 
Shinimegami: Which I'm sure will be really strange.
 
MoonlitMeowth: Yeah! (smile)
 
Shinimegami: Cool, so just make sure you type it up so me and everyone else can read it!
 
MoonlitMeowth: I will! Gosh, don't worry about it so much! But, remember to R&R this chapter for me! See ya all later! (wink)
 
Meowth: Meow meowth! (Meowth smile)