Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Modesty ❯ Funny Man! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

MoonlitMeowth: Hey all you people! Glad I'm back?
 
Shinimegami: YEAH!!! This next chapter should be really funny!!
 
MoonlitMeowth: How would you know that?
 
Shinimegami: I'm your sister! Duh!
 
MoonlitMeowth: Oh…right. That's right… Well, anyways, I guess you're right because this story is supposed to be hecka funny!
 
Shinimegami: Yeah it is!
 
MoonlitMeowth: Cool. Then I'll stop talking, and start posting! ^_^
 
Meowth: Meowth meow!! (happy face)
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
 
Bob Modest had passed his test in Phenac City with flying colors. He was ready to move on to the next town over to look for ways of becoming a Pokémon Master. He had his brilliantly loyal team, and he had, well, his team. That's pretty much all he needs. He can depend on them for anything.
 
Bob had his Guide Book back at the Pokémon Center, so he headed back there first.
 
He opened the front doors carefully this time, and then crept back to his room where all of his things were. And in being a nice and good-hearted Pokémon trainer, he decided to let all of his party out to relax. He released them one by one, and after they were all happily out of their Poké balls, he flipped open his Guide book to becoming a great Pokémon Master.
 
“Let us see here…” Bob mumbled to himself as he scanned through the pages.
 
His Eevee team was all sitting in a line, watching him curiously.
 
“Ah-HA!!” Bob exclaimed suddenly, pointing his index finger straight up in the air. And as quick as he did that, he covered his mouth with his hand, his eyes wide.
 
“I hope I didn't ruin anything for anyone…” he whispered to his Eevees, whom either twitched their long ears, or cocked their head to another side.
 
“Okay you guys,” his eyes got big again, “and girls,”
 
Eevee, Jolteon, and Umbreon smiled with their eyes closed happily.
 
“The town, Gateon Port sounds like a good place to look for some challenges. So I think that that would be a good place to start off. Then, after that, we can look around other towns… Unless of course other trainers are already doing that…”
 
The Eevee and the Eeveelutions sighed.
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
“G'bye, Nurse Joy!” Bob called, waving at Nurse Joy in the doorway of the Pokémon Center, “I'm off on my journey with my friends!”
 
“Good-bye, Bob! Take care now!” Nurse Joy called back, her right eye twitching just a little bit.
 
Bob Modest then left Phenac City, making sure to say good-bye to everyone in it first, just to be sure no one was left out, and feeling bad in any way. He was now on his way to Gateon Port, where his adventures were sure to unfold…hopefully for the best…
 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
Bob had been pedaling for a while on his bicycle when he finally saw the lighthouse's head in the distance. He was almost there! Soon he would be battling as best (and as cautious) as he could to make his dreams come true!
 
Within seconds of arriving, trouble was already afoot. There was a little girl and boy being harassed by a big thug.
 
Bob panicked, screamed, and then rode around in circles on his bike. That gained absolutely nothing for him.
 
Eventually, an idea struck him. He could battle this thug for these two people! That's it! He could start his journey by helping two young people in need!!!
 
He pedaled over to the scene, tried to jump off his bike, but he accidentally fell on his side, causing the bike to fall on top of him.
 
“Owww!! I'm sorry that I was trying to get off of you quickly, but there are people in need of assistance!!” Bob cried at his unresponsive bicycle.
 
The thug began to laugh. “For a little brat running into the happening Zook, this guy is making me laugh!!” the thug, now known as Zook, continued to laugh at Bob.
 
The little girl rushed over to Bob's side hurriedly. “Are you okay, funny man?”
 
“Jovi,” the boy started, “don't call him a funny man. He fell on accident.”
 
“But Michael!” Jovi continued, “He fell over! That was funny!!”
 
The boy, Michael, sighed.
 
Zook was not impressed by now. “Hey! You're wastin' the mighty Zook's time! I don't think I like that! For wasting precious time, get a taste of this!”
 
The thug, Zook, sent out a Pokémon. The white light flashed brightly, and then formed into his Pokémon, a Zangoose.
 
“Zaaaannn!!” the Zangoose cried, slashing the air with its claws.
 
“Oh great,” Michael said, “it looks like I'm going to have to put this guy in his place.”
 
“It's alright!” Bob said, finally getting up from the ground. “You don't have to fight him! I'll do it for you! Really!”
 
“Ummm…okay. You do that.” Michael backed up. “C'mon, Jovi.”
 
Jovi moved beside the boy.
 
Zook was becoming impatient. “Are you going to fight me, or what?”
 
“Yes! I will! Sorry about wasting your time like this, but I need to decide which Pokémon I will use against yours.”
 
“HURRY UP!!!!” barked Zook.
 
“Alright!!! I'm sorry!!!” Bob panicked, searching his belt frantically for a Pokémon.
 
Finally, his fingers closed on his Premier ball. He plucked it from his belt, and then rolled it onto the ground lightly. The white ball blew open, flooding the ground with the white light, and then took the form of his fire fox Pokémon.
 
“Flarrrrrrrr!!” the male Flareon cried, blowing a little flame into the air.
 
“A Flareon, eh?” Zook commented, “Hmmmm…a different kind of Pokémon from what I thought you would have… Zangoose! Knock this little kitty away with your Shadow Rush!!”
 
Bob paused. “Shadow Rush? Never heard of it…” he pulled out his book, and began to look around for a move called `Shadow Rush.'
 
Meanwhile, Flareon instinctively jumped out of the Zangoose's attack, landing lightly on his feet. He then sucked in a breath of air, and blasted out his Flamethrower attack.
 
“MOVE!!” Zook commanded to his Zangoose.
 
“Goose!” the Zangoose cried, barely getting out of the fire's way.
 
The Zangoose paused a little bit, and then breathed a sigh of relief.
 
It hadn't been more than a few seconds, when suddenly, the fire came hurtling back from where Zangoose had dodged, scorching the Pokémon until it dropped from lack of energy.
 
“WHAT THE--?!?!?!” Zook cried in anger. “WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!”
 
Bob looked up from his Guide book. “…huh?”
 
“DON'T YOU `HUH' ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR FREAKIN' PUFFBALL COMPLETELY DESTROYED MY ZANGOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
“Oh…ummm, I'm sorry, but he's really into fighting that I just can't bring myself to stop him from battling…”
 
“WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!? HOW DID HE DO THAT?!?!?!?!”
 
“Umm, I'm sorry, but…do what?”
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!” Zook cried in frustration, calling his Pokémon back.
 
“YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME!!! I GUARANTEE YOU'LL REGRET WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY POKÉMON!!!!!”
 
“That's quite enough!!” A voice from nowhere cried.
 
Everyone turned. There was a small old man with two younger, but taller, men wearing sunglasses standing on either side of him. One of them was a few years older than the other, and wearing a blue cloak, while the other one was wearing a red cloak.
 
“Hello,” Bob said shyly, waving at the old man.
 
“Hello dear boy,” the nice, old man said to him. Then he looked up at Zook. “And what do we have here?!”
 
Zook looked down at the ground. “Nothin'.” he said shamefully.
 
“I should hope not. Your Pokémon better not have caused any unwanted trouble.”
 
“No,” Michael started, “this guy took care of it single handedly!”
 
Everyone turned to look at Bob.
 
Instantly, Bob put his hand behind his head, and said, “Oh…that wasn't my intent… I didn't want any attention… Sorry about that…”
 
“Nonsense!” the old man said heartily, “That was good thing you did for this young boy and girl!”
 
“But…”
 
“No buts!” the man paused. “Perhaps you'd be so kind as to battle one of these two?” he indicated the two younger men next to him.
 
“Well, if they'd like to…” Bob replied quietly.
 
Flareon looked up at his master with a look of, “I think we can take it.”
 
Bob looked down at his Flareon, and then sighed for giving in. “Okay then, Flareon. I guess I can battle one of these nice guys for you.”
 
“Flar!” the male Flareon cried happily.
 
“Great!” the old man said with a smile, “Which will you battle? Ardos or Eldes? Oh yes… My name's Mr. Verich by the way.”
 
“Oh, ummm…” Bob started, looking at both Ardos and Eldes, as if trying to decide who looked like they wanted to.
 
“If you somehow cannot make the decision, then I will allow one of them to decide for you.” Mr. Verich said.
 
“Okay!” Bob smiled.
 
Mr. Verich turned to Ardos and Eldes, talking to them in what looked like secrecy. Finally, he turned back around, and both Ardos and Eldes stepped forward.
 
“We've decided that, if you don't mind of course, that both Ardos and Eldes battle you in a two-on-two double battle.” Mr. Verich said.
 
“Okay,” Bob said, “that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Don't you worry.”
 
“Good.” Mr. Verich said, turning back to his followers. “Make it good.”
 
They both nodded, and then approached Bob.
 
Mr. Verich paused, and then, seeing that Zook was still there, began to speak, “And on what compulsion are you still here?”
 
Zook turned sharply on Mr. Verich, but Mr. Verich did not so much as even blink.
 
“What'd you mean by that, old man?” Zook barked.
 
“I meant that your services are no longer required. You may run along now.” then it was Mr. Verich's turn to turn sharply. “Now.”
 
“Ummm…” Zook started, “O-okay. I was just leaving anyways…” and with that, he ran out of Gateon Port.
 
“So sorry about that interruption, gentlemen,” Mr. Verich said.
 
“That's quite alright,” Ardos replied, “this battle is worth the wait.”
 
Ardos and Eldes both took a single Poké ball off of their belts, and sent out their Pokémon one at a time.
 
Ardos threw his out first. The red ball opened with a bang, and the white light formed his psychic Pokémon.
 
“Alakazam!” the Alakazam cried, holding his spoons up.
 
Eldes then threw his Poke ball forward, which blasted open, forming the dragon Pokémon, Flygon.
 
“Fly!” the Flygon hissed, extending his claws.
 
“Ummm, okay then,” Bob started, looking down at his Flareon, “you can have a break if you'd like.”
 
The Flareon walked by Bob's side, and sat down obediently.
 
Bob examined his opponents carefully. He then made his decision of his two choices. He carefully removed the Net ball from the second slot, and the Timer ball from the sixth. He rolled both of them on the ground at the same time like bowling balls.
 
The Net ball burst open in white light first, and then the Timer ball. The Net ball released the Vaporeon, and the Timer ball released the Umbreon.
 
Both of the Pokémon were ready to fight another battle as always.
 
“Begin.” Mr. Verich said seriously.
 
“You two know what to do,” Bob said to his Pokémon.
 
Both of the Eeveelutions looked at one another, nodded, and then took off in two synchronized jumps.
 
“Alright, Flygon!” Eldes cried, “Get that Umbreon with your Dragonbreath!”
 
The Flygon took in a breath of air, and then blew out green dragon breath.
 
“Alakazam!” Ardos commanded, “Get that Vaporeon with a Shock Wave!”
 
“Alaaaaaaakazam!” the Alakazam cried, blasting out his electrical attack.
 
By now, both attacks were coming at the two Eeveelutions, but they had years of experience in sticky situations as these, and knew how to back each other up in double battles.
 
Umbreon started by charging up her Iron Tail, and jumping right in front of Vaporeon, where Shock Wave was headed, and totally stopped the attack from doing any damage.
 
Then Vaporeon jumped in the air, Umbreon retreated behind him, Vaporeon landed, and then used his Protect attack to prevent the Dragonbreath from hitting its target: Umbreon.
 
This all happened in a split second, so both Ardos and Eldes were taken aback by the Eevees' power. They looked at each other for some sort of support, but then regained themselves quickly.
 
“Alakazam, I want that Vaporeon down and out! Knock it senseless with Thunderpunch!” Ardos commanded to his physic Pokémon.
 
“Alaaaaaaa…!” the Alakazam prepared his attack and then began charging the Vaporeon.
 
“Flygon!” Eldes started, “Block any attempts of defense from Umbreon with a Dragon Claw attack!”
 
“Fly!” Flygon cried, swiftly swooping in to block contact between the two Eeveelutions.
 
Vaporeon and Umbreon could see that their opponents really meant business, so they decided on a combo attack. Vaporeon used his Double Team attack, while Umbreon used her Faint Attack. Both attacks caused the Pokémon to make countless copies of themselves, so Alakazam and Flygon slowed down until they came to a stop in the middle of the illusioned Eevees. Then, with their foes thoroughly confused, Umbreon made her attack towards Alakazam, the speed of the attack so powerful; part of the attack hurt Flygon too!
 
Ardos looked much taken aback by the attack's power, and his expression turned to worry. A bead of sweat formed above his brow.
 
The Alakazam, in being a psychic type, bore no more strength, and passed out on the ground.
 
Ardos exhaled a sigh of slight frustration, and then called his Pokémon back, looking toward his partner with a look of apology.
 
Eldes wasn't even paying the slightest bit of attention to Ardos from focusing on his own Pokémon. He was beginning to feel the strong grip of pressure as he waved his arm dramatically in an attempt to root his Flygon on.
 
Flygon flew high into the air, avoiding any contact his opponents would try on him next, knowing that if he was directly hit, it could, and probably would, be fatal.
 
Vaporeon let his Double Team retreat, and calmly sat down next to Umbreon, who was still standing. Umbreon locked her attention to Flygon's eyes, and then readied another attack. This time, it was Confuse Ray.
 
Flygon didn't know what Umbreon was up to, and continued to stare back down to her. He thought he just might intimidate her if he glared fiercely. However, he became quite confused in about three seconds.
 
With swirly thingys for eyes, Flygon started to glide out of control, and to the Earth below him. Once close enough to be struck, Vaporeon made his move, sinking his fangs into Flygon's throat with a fierce Bite attack. It was pretty much over after that.
 
Eldes hung his head, took out his Poké ball, and called his dragon Pokémon back into it. He straightened up when he heard Mr. Verich cough.
 
“Why, that was quite a show, my dear boy!” Mr. Verich said delightedly while clapping. “I had no idea your Pokémon had such power! Well done!”
 
Bob began to blush, and looked down at his feet shyly. “Well, I think they both had good power too…” he gestured towards Ardos and Eldes, whom regained their former composure as mysterious men.
 
“Why yes,” Mr. Verich continued, “they do possess great power, yet you were able to defeat them easily…! I must say…that takes quite a lot of skill…”
 
“Did you see that, brother?” Jovi said excitedly, “That funny man beat their butts!”
 
“Jovi, what did I tell you?” Michael said, sighing.
 
“Hey, you're really strong, funny man!” Jovi said to Bob.
 
Bob looked up at her, only to blush more furiously and look down again. However, he did manage to mutter a “thanks”.
 
“Well,” Mr. Verich said, “we must be off, but let's hope we'll meet again, Bob, was it? I would like to have you battle us again sometime!”
 
Bob looked up again, smiled, and then said, “Oh, I would be very honored to have another battle with you! My friends would very much like that!”
 
The Eeveelutions all smiled to each other, having fun in their battles.
 
“Well, best to you until we meet again, Bob!” Mr. Verich said, turning towards his luxurious ship with his two bodyguards. And when he was out of earshot, he said to them, “We don't want to lose that one…”
 
They both nodded in agreement.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
 
MoonlitMeowth: So, I'm hoping you readers all enjoyed my third chapter!
 
Shinimegami: Oh my God, that was funny! I couldn't stop laughing!
 
MoonlitMeowth: What made you laugh this time?
 
Shinimegami: Bob's personality! He's just so funny!
 
MoonlitMeowth: Wait'll you see what happens to him in the later chapters…
 
Shinimegami: (perks up) Ooh, what?
 
MoonlitMeowth: Hey, I can't tell you `cause then I'd be ruining the story!
 
Shinimegami: Darn it!
 
MoonlitMeowth: Anyways, I hope all you readers thought the story so far is funny, and that you'd be willing to review and tell me what you think! Au revoir! (smile)