Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Mystiscia




Mystiscia
"Jump?! " Misty asked, looking wide-eyed at Ash. She looked down at the quickly passing ground, then back at Ash. "After you!" She shouted above the train, motioning to the ground at the same time.
"The fall would kill us, we need to slow down the train!" Tracey shouted. A flash of green flew under the train and wrapped around the couplings. When it moved back under the car, the hooks were melded together.
"Let's uncouple the car!" Ash yelled as he made his way to the other side of the baggage car. He opened the door and went to the couplings. "Give me something to unhook it!" He directed the others, examining the odd melted metal. Brock quickly handed him a hammer from a toolbox, which Ash nodded his thanks and got to work. After only a few hard hits, the metal on the hammer had chipped off. "It's not working!" He told the trio, who were all still looking for other things to save them.
Pikachu moved a few bags and pointed to a large box with TNT written across it in red letters. "Pikachu-pi!" She said, pulling on the end of Misty's coat.
"Hm?" The red head moved her head to look at the lithe mouse.
"Pika!" She scurried over to the box and pointed to it.
Misty's mouth curved into a smile as she opened the top and pulled out a stick of dynamite. "Come on! There's got to be something in there better than this!" She lit it, and rushed over to the young man. She stuck it in his outstretched hand, and he looked at it, surprised. "That'll do!" He stuck the cylindrical stick in a pocket of metal on the connectors, then rushed towards Brock, Pikachu, and Tracey. Misty was right in front of him as they hurried behind a large box. "What do they teach you in those orphanages?" He asked no one as he knelt down behind her, covering her and him with his arms.
There was a large explosion, which destroyed the front part of their small car - and unhooked them from the coal-car. Ash and Brock hurried over to the front and put out the small fires while Tracey looked around for something to help them stop.
"Um, Ash?" Tracey asked as he tried the brakes, "The brakes aren't working."
"Well, try harder!" Ash directed as he smothered another small fire.
Tracey pulled with all his might at the wheel. He flew back into some luggage as it broke. "This isn't good," Misty murmured, putting her hand to her forehead.
"Well," Ash said, surveying the situation, "There's plenty of track. We can just coast to a stop!" No sooner had he said it then the green light shot out from under their car and flew to the bridge they were nearing. The light grew, and blew up the wood-and-metal bridge.
"You were saying?" Misty asked sarcastically.
"Ok, help me find something to slow our pace, guys!" He ordered his friends as he looked about. Ash found a large chain and ran over to the back part of the car. "Brock! Come help me with this!" As Brock was hurrying over, he tripped and fell into the open TNT box. Misty sighed and went to help Ash. He'd already climbed down onto the coupling in the back. He reached his hand up, "Hand me the end of the chain!" He shouted.
Misty handed him the end of the chain, and he looked up. "Not you!" He told her.
"Brock's busy at the moment!" She shouted back. Ash grumbled as he reached under and tied the thick chain in the metal body of the car.
As he was finishing, a piece of debris from the previous explosion fell from the front of the car, scaring Ash. He reached up to grasp something, and came across Misty's outstretched hand. He held onto her, and she pulled him up. The metal clinked and scraped as it hit the track behind them. They were so close and breathing so hard, Ash from the close call and Misty from pulling him up, they stayed in their near-embrace for a few seconds before Misty came back to reality and said with a smirk, "And to think, that could've been you."
He let go and stood up, brushing some dirt and soot off his pants. "Yeah, if we live through this, remind me to thank you," He said before he walked over to the pile of the think black chain. "Ok, here goes nothing!" He bent down with his knees and scooted the pile off the back of the train. The end not connected to the train hooked onto part of the track, but the car was still speeding across, and the sudden stop jerked the train car, sliding it off the tracks.
"Well, here's our stop!" Misty yelled over the screeching. The guys nodded, holding their luggage. Misty held Pikachu in one arm, and Ash's hand in the other.
"One, two, three!" Brock shouted, and they jump into the snow.
Ash stood and brushed himself off, then helped Misty up. Brock helped Tracey up, and picked up their luggage. "Well, that was a fun ride!" Tracey said happily.
"I hate trains, remind me never to ride a train again," Ash told Misty.
"Well, I thought it was pretty exciting!" She said with a smile. "Although, I could've done without the near-death experiences." A large explosion turned their attention to the engine and baggage car falling into the canyon.
"What do we do now?" Misty asked, turning to Brock.
"Hm…" He thought for a moment. "We should be right near Vermilion City, and the port with the boat is Fuchsia City, so, come on. Let's go," He took a few duffel bags and slung them around his shoulder. The bigger ones he handed around to the others, keeping one in his other hand. Tracey carried two, and Ash carried one. Misty just carried Pikachu, who was getting cold in the snow.
~*~*~*~
"I hate trains, remind me never to ride a train again," The man in the green window told the woman.
"Aaahhh!" Giovanni shouted, slashing his hand through the smoky window and making it disappear. "What is wrong with my power? The minions could have killed them five times over! Why didn't they?!" He questioned no one, walking about the stalactites and stalagmites.
"Well, sir, I don't know. They haven't been out in a while, perhaps they're losin' their slyness? Or maybe those humans are smarter?" Meowth sat down on a flattened rock and sighed. "But ya gotta calm down, master! You're getting to worked up! They're nowhere near Goldenrod! We've got a week, if not more, and you're the best of the best, master. You'll think of somethin'." His master had sat down next to the cat Pokémon, who patted his master's shoulders.
"How could they let her escape?!" He asked, crushing a large worm near his hand.
"Maybe the Reliquary's broken! Ya haven't used it in ten years, somethin' must've happened to it. Don't worry, sir, I'll just toss it out," Meowth sat up and ran over to the green tube on another flat rock-table. He picked it up and dragged it behind him, prepared to throw it over the side of a nearby cliff. As he reared his arm back, he was picked up by the neck.
"Don't. Touch. The. Reliquary! I sold my soul for it! My life, my very existence depends on it. And you almost destroyed it," Giovanni said, shoving Meowth's large face up against part of the glass.
"I get it, I get it! Ya break it, ya bought it!" Meowth screeched, trying to breathe. Giovanni released the Pokémon, who fell to the ground with a 'thud'.
"See that you remember! Miserable feline." He muttered, throwing Meowth behind his back. The cat hit a wall and slid down.
"Oh, sure, blame the cat. What the heck, we're easy targets," He said, folding his hands together and placing them by his stomachs.
"What are you muttering about, creature?!" The dead man asked, flinging his head about to face the cat.
"Mystiscia sir. Just wishin' I could do the job for ya, sir. I'd give her a scratch, then a bite, then a pay day, and I'd slash her, sir!" He stood at attention for his beloved master.
"No, I have something better in mind, something more enticing, something really cruel." He cackled as he pet the Reliquary along the side.
J L J L J L J L J L J L J L J L J L J L J
A/N- Ok, I'm to tired to write the funny stuff like last time, I'm sorry, but I got only about 5 hours sleep last night, and I baby-sat in the morning for three boys that wouldn't shut the hell up! They kept asking me the same stupid question over and over again! And then at 4 I baby-sat a little baby that's a little over 1, and 4 other kids from age 4 to 12 (Well, I didn't baby-sit the 12 year-old, he took care of himself). But, I baby-sat them till 10 (And got 40 bucks! ^_~ I love baby-sitting!). So, I'm really tired and I want to send in this chapter.
Oh, I dedicate this chapter to A*MON, who's reviewing, like, all my stories! I love your work, too, and I think you're a great writer! I'm honored you're reading my stuff! I feel my writing is crap, and you're nice about it! You're reviews really push me to write more! Just wanted to tell you! ^_~
Oh, I'm sorry for Meowth sounding just like Bartock at the end there, I