Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Mystiscia



Mystiscia

Misty sighed as they came across a bridge. "Guys! Can we stop a rest? My feet are killing me!" She whined, letting Pikachu hop down and walk for itself. They were in the mountains between Saffron and Vermilion, and it had only been a few hours since their train ride.

"We're the ones that should be tired! We're carrying all the bags!" Ash shot back, motioning to the bag in his grasp.

"Well, resting does sound like a good idea. We can rest for ten minutes, then get back to walking," Brock interjected, hoping to calm the fight.

"Fine," Ash put his bags down near the beginning of the small bridge above a creek and sat down on a tree stump.

"Are we walking all the way to Goldenrod?" Misty asked, sitting in the grass. She already knew they were heading to Fuchsia, but she wanted to know every step they were taking.

"No, we're taking a boat from Fuchsia," Ash replied

"Oh, so we're walking to Fuchsia," Misty sadly asked.

"No, Your Grace, we're taking a bus," Ash said through gritted teeth.

"A bus. That's nice," Misty said with a sigh. "Where's the bus at?"

"It's in Vermilion," Ash replied, massaging his temples with his hands.

Brock, in the meantime, was twirling Tracey about, singing happily. "I'll get to see my beautiful Susie! Susie, Susie, Susie!" He sang, dancing with Tracey.

"Uh, Brock, shut up! And stop dancing with me!" Tracey replied, pushing Brock away and running to sit by their bags.

"Susie, Susie, Susie!" Brock continued, "Your love is returning!

"Who's Susie?" Misty asked Ash and Tracey.

"Who's Susie?" Brock repeated, "She's my beautiful love! The top Pokémon breeder in the house of Waterflower," He picks up Ash and twirls him around

"Uh, Brock, x-nay on the Usie-say!" He whispered as Brock danced him about.

Brock tilted Ash back so he was seeing Misty's upside down face. "I repeat, who's Susie?"

"…the Dowager Empress' ravishing first cousin," Brock continued, not caring about the other conversation.

"Her cousin?" She asked, tilting her head to think. "I thought we were going to see the Empress herself!" She said, turning to watch Ash pick himself up after Brock had dropped him. "Ash?" She asked suspiciously.

" Well . . . nobody gets near the Dowager Empress without convincing Susie first," Ash whispered.

"Oh no! Not me! No, nobody said I had to prove I was the Grand Duchess. Show up, yes. Look nice, fine. But lie?!" She walked up to Ash and poked him in the chest.

"You don't know it's a lie!" Ash replied, taking her accusing hand and placing it at her side, "Well, okay. So there's one more step to finding out who you are! It's not lying, though! What if you really are Mystiscia?! Then we're just helping you regain your memories!" He continued, still holding her hand.

"But look at me, Ash!" She took her hand from his grasp and put her hands out as if to ask 'why?'. "I am not exactly Grand Duchess material!" She said quickly, getting up in Ash's face.

Tracey and Brock were watching from the bridge as Ash walked past Misty and sat back down on the tree stump. Misty wandered over to the duo, sulking. She leaned on the railing in-between the men and flicked a pebble into the water.

"Tell me, my child, what do you see?" Brock asked, motioning to her reflection in the water.

"I see a skinny little nobody. With no past, and no future," She replied, glaring at the water.

"I see an smart and fiery young woman who ,on many occasions, has shown a regal command equal to any royal in the world! And, trust me, I have known my share of royalty," He Brock looked at Tracey, who shrugged. "I used to be a member of the Imperial Court," He continued, looking into Misty's eyes.

Tracey whispered into her ear, "And I was a painter for the royal family."

Misty thought about it, staring off into the stream. 'Then, they know probably everything about the royal family. Ash walked up and interrupted her thoughts

"So are you ready to become the Grand Duchess Mystiscia?" Ash asked, a grin on his face. Misty turned around and scowled at Ash, then walked off the bridge.

Tracey and Brock both glared at Ash, who took a step back. "What? What did I do?" He asked.

Misty stopped when she reached the end of the bridge, facing the direction of Cerulean. Tracey walked to her while Brock stayed back and glared at the youngest man.

"There's nothing left for you there, Misty," Tracey said, motioning towards the path they came from.
"Everything is in Goldenrod," He said quietly, putting his hands on her shoulders.

Everything… in Goldenrod…

Misty stopped her thoughts and turned around to face the other three. "I guess…" She started quietly, staring at the ground, "Ok, start your teaching!" She said happily, looking up at the others.

"I remember it well," Brock said, walking with her back to their bags. "You were born in a palace by the sea," He sang.

"A palace by the sea? Could it be?" Misty asked, smiling.

"Yes, that's right," Tracey replied, moving in next to her. "You rode horseback when you were only three."

"Horseback riding? Me?" Misty asked again, scrunching up her face. Tracey nodded in response.

"And the horse..." Tracey continued

"He was white!" Ash contributed, jumping in front of the trio as they gathered the bags.

"You made faces and terrorized the cook!" Brock sang with a laugh as Ash jumped up into his arms.

"Threw him in the brook!" Ash said as Brock dropped him.

"Was I wild?" Misty looked down at Ash.

"Wrote the book!" Ash replied as Misty helped him up.

"But you'd behave when your father gave that look!" Brock said, picking up the bags and tossing them to Tracey.

"Imagine how it was!" Tracey said as he picked up the bags.

"Your long-forgotten past!" Ash continued, leading Misty to their next destination.

"We've lots and lots to teach you and the time is going fast!" Brock added as they walked towards Vermilion.


The group made their way to the city. They were about an hour out when Tracey thought it would be helpful if Misty could walk like a princess.

"All right...I'm ready!" Misty said as she walked across the fallen log.

"Now, shoulders back and stand up tall," Brock said, placing a book on her head for balance.

"And do not walk, but try to float," Ash said soothingly.

"I feel a little foolish. Am I floating?" Misty asked as she walked differently.

"Like a little boat!" Tracey said with a chuckle.

"You give a bow," Ash showed her how, and she copied.

"What happens now?" She asked as she stood straight again.

"Your hand receives a kiss!" Brock said as Ash happily picked up Misty's hand and kissed it. That felt good…Misty thought to herself, smiling even wider.

"Most of all remember this:" Ash, Tracey and Brock said in unison.

"If I can learn to do it, you can learn to do it." Brock said, pointing his finger.

"Something in you knows it -" Ash said from behind Misty.

"There's nothing to it!" The three men said together.

"Follow in my footsteps, shoe by shoe!" Tracey turned back around and walked, Misty following.

"You can learn to do it too!" Ash said with a smile, also following his best friends.

They made their way down the mountain, stopping now and then to teach Misty more about the Waterflower legacy. They were nearly to the base of the mountains, when a man driving a truck passed by. He offered them a ride to the road into Vermilion if they wanted to ride in the back with the hay. The four gladly accepted the gracious offer.

Brock continued to teach her, and now he wanted her to learn how to eat properly. "Now, elbows in and sit up straight," He ordered, putting a bowl and spoon on the haystack in front of her.

"And never slurp your lobster stew," Ash directed.

I never cared for stewed lobster," Misty said with an air of arrogance.

"She said that like a Waterflower!" Tracey said with a laugh.

"The dancing," Ash started.

"Romancing," Brock continued with a flare.

"Dessert and then goodnight?" Misty interrupted, looking questioningly at Ash.

"Not until you get this right!" He and his 2 friends replied, shaking their index finger at her and fake scowls on their faces.

The man dropped them off about ten miles out of Vermilion. They were right by one of Tracey's friend's homes, Lara Larady. She let them have four Rapidash for their trip into town. Once they were done with the horses, the Pokémon would go home. The group continued their song as they rode towards the city.

"If I can learn to do it," Brock sang

"If he can learn to do it," Ash sang in harmony

"You can learn to do it!" Tracey encouraged.

"You can learn to do it," Ash continued, riding ahead of the others and performing tricks on his Rapidash.

"Pull yourself together-" Tracey said, laughing when Ash slipped when trying to stand. But, the young man didn't fall off; he merely went back to his original riding position.

"And you'll pull through it!" Brock and Tracey sang together.

"Tell yourself it's easy," Brock sang, riding up next to the red head.

"And it's true. You can learn to do it too!" The three men sang together.


They arrived in the busy city, and let the Rapidash return to their home. Ash went to the bus terminal, and they all got on the double-decker. The inside wasn't very packed, but the top didn't have anyone. The cold weather kept the people from riding on the top during the winter. But, the traveling group sat on the top deck for privacy.

"Next, you must memorize the names of the royalty," Brock said, sitting next to Misty as the bus started. "Now here we have the Count Koga," He pointed to a man on a family tree.

"Trained with Bruno," Ash said, pointing to a man near Koga.

"In a volcano," Tracey continued.

"Oh!" Misty gasped.

"And your great-uncle Blaine, loved his taffy," Brock said with a chuckle as he pointed to a bald man on the tree.

"Got it Misty?" Ash asked, elbowing Misty.

"No!" She replied with a sigh.

"The Baron Lance," Tracey said, pointing to a man near Bruno.

"Had a...?" Misty asked, confused.

"Romance!" Ash said quickly, pointing to Claire.

"Count Surge," Brock started, pointing to a strong-looking man with a buzz cut.

"Had-" Misty started.

"To be purged!" Ash finished with a smirk.
"Countess Joy," Tracey pointed to a woman near Lorelie. Something about the face hit a spot in Misty's mind. She tried to speak, but Ash cut her off.

"Helped Pokémon in combat."

"I heard she had a little brat," Brock added. Misty cut all three off by smashing them down and standing up in her seat.

"And I recall her Persian cat!"

Brock looked between Ash and Tracey. "I don't believe we told her that," He said quietly. The other two men nodded, eyes bugged out.

"If you can learn to do it, I can learn to do it!" Misty sang, skipping around the top of the bus.

"Don't know how you knew it," Ash said, leaning on her shoulder.

"I simply knew it! Suddenly I feel like someone new..." Misty replied, sliding her shoulder out from under him and running over to Pikachu.

"Misty, you're a dream come true!" Brock and Tracey said, each taking one hand as they led her down the stairs to get off the bus. "If I can learn to do it," They sang.

"If I can learn to do it," She repeated, higher than the men's low tone.

"You can learn to do it!" The two men continued.

"You can learn to do it," Misty repeated again.

"Pull yourself together," Ash sang as he walked up next to Misty

"And you'll pull through it!" Misty said, stepping ahead of the others and turning around to face them.

"Tell yourself it's easy," Brock started.

"And it's true -" The other three finished. They continued through the streets of Fuchsia, and quickly came across the harbor.

"You can learn to do it," The four sang together as they walked up the plank.

"Nothing to it!" Misty sang out stopping as the other three continued.

"You can learn to do it too!," Misty ran up to the men as they all sang.

"Pika Pikachu!" Pikachu added, holding her fingers out in a 'V' and winking. Misty laughed and picked up the lithe Pokémon, following the three men to their cabin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Katie: *clears throat* Hello again! Sorry I couldn't talk to you in the previous chapter -

Brock: She was to busy drawing and baby-sitting!

Katie: *vein pop* What did you say?!

Brock: *backs away* N-nothing!!

Katie: That's what I thought! *turns back to readers* Ok, I hope you all liked this chapter!

Misty: I sure did! ^_~ I got to sing!

Ash: *mumbles* It's not like your voice is any good or anything.

Misty: *big head* What did you say, Ketchum?!

Ash: I said - you have a big head!

Tracey: Hey, you two! Quite flirting already! We get enough of it in the fic!

Ash and Misty: *advancing on Tracey* What did you say?!

Tracey: *backs away with a sweatdrop* Um….nothing! What am I thinking! You guys don't know what love is! You hate each other! I-I mean, why would you flirt? You -

Katie: *flings herself at Tracey's neck* I know what love is! ^_~

Tracey: Can't…..breathe…..

Katie: *releases Tracey, but clutches his arm with both her hands* Ok, so, how did you like this chapter? It's not as short as the others! Yeah! 5 pages! But, was the song ok? I had to alter it! If I had 'Anya' instead of 'Misty', it would look bad! And there were Russian names and weird words, so I had to change them!

Ash: *looks over script* Wait a sec! What to I mean by 'purged'?



Katie: *rolls eyes* Purged means to be cleaned! You met Lt. Surge, right?! He's a very dirty person! *whispers* both in his mind, mouth, and physically! *normal tone, loud talk* So, I chose the word 'purged' cause it means to clean something! He had to be cleaned! Hahahahaha!!!

Ash: I don't get it! *scratches head*



Misty: Ah, put a sock in it! *mallets Ash*

Katie: *stops laughing and looks around* Hey, what happened to Harry, Syaoran-chan, and Eriol-chan?

Misty: Oh, those cuties?

Katie: *nods*

Misty: Oh, I let them leave. They said something about saving the wizarding world and helping a 'Cherry Blossom'. I got confused, the two younger ones were saying some odd words, and so I let them go! ^_^

Katie: Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs over to Misty and pulls out lightsaber* How could you?! Those were the cutest guys I've ever seen! Well, next to Tracey.

Tracey: *grins*

Katie: Argh! I can't hurt you, Misty! I don't know why, but you serve a greater purpose in the Mystiscia story, so I can't hurt you. Damn.

Misty: Whew *wipes brow* Well, I'm going to go try on my pretty dress in the opera scene! ^_~ See ya all later!

Katie: *mutters* Yeah, we'll just see about that opera scene. *_*

Tracey: Are you guys as scared as I am about our author?

Ash and Brock: *nod*

Katie: *turns back to the trio* Ok guys! Time to get ready for the next story! We need it out in a week, ok?!

Ash, Tracey, and Brock: *nod*

Katie: *claps hands together* Ok, good! But first, *yells offstage* Get a piano out here! I need to practice my sheet music! *piano is pushed onstage by a few hot guys* Thanks, fellas! *walks over to it and cracks knuckles* Ok, I have to chose between 'Lucky' by Britney Spears, 'Where are you Christmas' by Faith Hill, or 'The Prayer' by Celine Dione. Hm… I'm good at 'The Prayer Already, so I'll practice Faith's song!

Lauren: *walking onstage* Hey Katie!

Katie: Hi Lauren! You're here just in time! It's time to practice 'Where Are You Christmas', since it's a duet! ^_~ Lauren's my sister's friend. She's a total blonde, but she's kind and good at piano! So, she plays all my piano stuff, and I laugh when she messes up ^_^!

Lauren: Hey!

Katie: Awh, you know you are!

Lauren: Yeah…..

Katie: Ok! Let's go! *Lauren and Katie sit on the piano bench and start playing*

Tracey: *sweatdrop* Ok, well, this chapter is dedicated to one of Katie's sweetest reviewers. She's reviewed (I think) almost all of her Pokémon fics, and she always has something nice to say! You're reviews are always appreciated, jus1digigirl!