Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Mystiscia



Mystiscia

Misty put her bag on her bottom bunk and sighed. 'My head hurts… Why? It's not a headache, but my head... it feels like it's splitting open…' She sighed again as she rubbed her temples. 'And where did that cat-idea come from?' She put her hands down and left the cabin. Ash, Brock, and Tracey were all on the deck, Pikachu with Tracey.

The red head closed the door behind her, and started up the stairs. As she was nearing the top, Ash came down and met her on a landing. "What's that?" Misty asked, pointing to a light green bundle in his arms.
He handed the thing to her, unfolding it to show it was a dress. It was trimmed in a light blue, with pearl-white buttons near the collar.

"It's a dress. I bought it for you," Ash replied with a smile.

"When?" Misty asked, staring at the fabric.

"Right before the boat took off," He said, eyeing the young woman who was looking up the bottom of the dress.

"You bought me a… tent!" She said with a chuckle; she had grabbed the lower part of the dress and was looking inside through the bottom hem.

Ash looked through the collar and asked, "What are you looking for?"

"The Cerulean Circus! I think it's still in here!" She said, looking at Ash through the dress.

"Just put it on!" Ash said, throwing the dress to Misty and walking back up to the upper deck. He threw his hands up in the air and gave out a big exasperated sigh as he continued up. Misty rolled her eyes and held the dress up to her body.

"Hmm…" She smiled as she turned in a circle. She danced back into the cabin, closing the door behind her.

Ash went back over to his two friends after giving Misty the dress. "Hey, Ash! Over here!" Brock pointed to a chess set and smiled. The raven-haired man sighed and walked over to his friend.

"Brock! Chess again?! I'm getting sick of it!" Ash replied as he slunk down in the chair opposite Brock.

"I know, but it's a great game. And, besides, I always win, so it's worth it!" He winked (?) at his friend, who sighed and looked at the pieces.

"Fine, as long as I'm white," Ash replied, turning the bored so the white pieces were on his side and Brock had black.

It only took ten minutes for Ash to get aggravated by Brock. Ash's king was trapped in a corner, surrounded by the black's queen, black's bishops, black's rooks, and black's knights. "Arh!" Ash said as Brock made his final move.

"Checkmate," Brock said simply as he moved his queen one space to the left. Ash threw his hands in the air and leaned back in his chair.

"Like this one was any different than the others," Ash said, putting his heals up on the table and his hands behind his head.

"You know, Ash, if you'd pay more attention to the game, you wouldn't lose every single time," Tracey piped up from the left of Ash. The artist was drawing a school of Goldeens in the water near the boat.

"It's not my fault that I can't play chess!" Ash replied as he started to get up.

Brock cleared his throat and looked behind Ash. Misty was standing near the stairs, fidgeting with the waist of the dress. Her hair was tied back into a droopy ponytail, held in place by a large blue clip. The sleeves went only ¾ s down her arm, and turned back up to her elbow. The dress had a regular half-moon collar, and the bottom reached all the way down to her ankles, where it spilled around, waiting to be twirled about.

"Wonderful! Marvelous! You look dressed for a ball!" Tracey complimented as he stood up and walked over to Brock. Ash's jaw was hanging open at the site of the new Misty.

"You should now learn to dance for one as well," Brock said. He and Tracey dragged Ash over and stood the younger man in front of Misty.

Ash dusted himself off when his friends released him, then looked at the men. "I'm not very good at it…" He said quietly, still shocked at Misty's appearance.

"Oh, come on Ash! You can teach each other," Tracey said with a smirk. Ash was about to pound his friend into the wood floor, but Misty stopped him by putting her palm on his lower arm. He spun around to ask why, but she merely smiled and took his hand. She led him out to the makeshift dance floor.

Ash hesitated when he was about to put his hand on her waist. He looked into her eyes as to ask 'May I?', and she smiled, silently replying 'Yes'. Misty held Ash's left hand with her right, and they started dancing. Brock was counting them off, "One, two, three. One, two, three… No, Misty - you don't lead, Ash does," He scolded. The two had stopped, and Misty nodded. They started back up, but Ash leading this time.

"You know, t-that dress looks… really… n-nice on you. I-I mean, it looked nice on the hanger, but it looks even better on you . . .Y-you should wear it," Ash stuttered. He was lost in Misty's cerulean eyes.

"I am wearing it," She said quietly, staring into Ash's chocolate eyes. 'They're so deep…and….caring…'

"Oh, yeah… of course…. I was just trying to give you a…a…." His voice trailed off, and he continued to stare into her eyes.

"A compliment?" Misty asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Y-yeah…." Ash replied.

They continued to dance around in circles around the front deck. Tracey, Brock and Pikachu watched, all knew this could be a good…. or a bad thing.

"It's one-two-three and suddenly, I see it at a glance-" Brock started.

"She's radiant," Tracey continued.

"And confident," Brock added

"And born to take this chance," The two sang together.

"We taught her well," Tracey continued.

"We planned it all," Brock sang.

"We just forgot..." The artist began.

"Romance!" The two finished.

"Brock, how could you do this?" Brock asked himself.

"How will we get through this?" Tracey asked the other two.

"We never should have let them dance…" The duo finished. The two humans and the Pikachu watched as Misty and Ash finished their small dance.

"I'm feeling a little…. dizzy," Misty quietly spoke.

"Sort of light-headed?" Ash asked, also quietly.

"Yeah." Ash stopped dancing, Misty also halting the dance.

"Maybe we should stop," Ash said. The two were still locked into the other's eyes.

"We have stopped," Misty stated in a near-whisper.

"Oh… yes…" Ash leaned his face closer. "Misty, I…" He trailed off as the two closed their eyes and leaned in close. 'What are you doing?!' Ash's mind asked, 'You can't get close to her! What if she is the princess? You think she is, and she's doing a great job at it, she could easily be Mystiscia. You can't get close to her! Princesses don't marry servants.' He told himself, mentally slapping his forehead for even falling for the mysterious carrot-top.

He was only centimeters away from her lips, when he opened his eyes and stood straight. He took her hand and patted it. She opened her eyes, and saddened. "You're… you're doing fine," He said before stalking away to the stairs. Misty watched him leave, confused as to why he was all over her, then leaving her hanging. Tears would have come to her eyes, for he did hurt her, but Pikachu hopped on her shoulder and said something in Pika-language that sounded reassuring.

~*~

The group ate dinner in silence. Well, Ash and Misty were silent. Tracey and Brock were conversing quietly, with Pikachu listening and voicing her opinion every once in a while, though no one knew what the Pokémon was saying.

After dinner, they all settled into bed. Misty was brushing her hair out. It went to her mid-back, and curled a few inches before the tips, from being in her usual ponytail for so long. Ash was asleep on the second lower bunk with Brock stretched out across the top, awake. Tracey was sitting next to Misty, drawing more pictures of Pikachu.

"Tracey, don't you ever get sick of sketching Pikachu?" Misty asked as she pulled her hair up in a high ponytail for the night.

"No. I'm trying to perfect her different moods. Like, now, she's curious!" He was right, Pikachu was looking through Ash's medical-like bag. Brock made a gurgling-like noise, and Misty looked up to him.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, just annoyed. Look at him!" Brock let his arm drop from the side of the bed to Ash in the bunk below. "He can sleep through anything! It takes us a good half-hour to wake him in the morning!" Brock said with a smirk.

"Pikachu-pi!" Pikachu said happily as she waddled over to Misty. She handed the young woman a gold Pokéball.

"Where did you get this?" Misty asked the two men. She took it from Pikachu's paws and examined it closely. There were red designs along the middle, with holes in the middle of the identical designs. On the button that would be used to minimize it, there was a larger hole.

"It's a pretty Pokéball, isn't it," Tracey stated, also looking at it. "Ash never found out how to use it, though."

"Are you sure that's what it is?" Misty interrupted her voice quick and anxious. 'It reminds me of a ball…and I'm sad…for someone's leaving…. And there's something I'm not allowed to tell anyone. Or maybe I don't want to tell other people about it….'

" What else could it be?" Brock asked.

" I don't know," She whispered. "Something else … something… special … Something to do with a… secret," She continued. She then laughed. "Is that possible?" She asked the other two as she returned the Pokéball to Ash's bag.

"Anything's possible," Tracey replied as he climbed up into the top bunk. "You taught Ash how to waltz!" He said with a chuckle.

Misty didn't laugh back. She was stuck thinking about the near-kiss. Before she got to think of much, Brock started talking again.

"But, Ash got that Pokéball from the palace. When he woke up after the revolutionaries came through, we were shaking him, hoping he'd wake. His mother was so kind to all of us, we'd go into the kitchens at night and she'd get us food. We were only 17, barely fit to be court members. But, she was Ash's only family. Sad thing was, the revolutionaries killed her. But, Ash got a bit of amnesia or a concussion or something, cause he doesn't remember her and a few scarce things. The Pokéball was lying next to him when he woke, and he's had it ever since. He said something about--" Brock stopped when a pillow hit his face. "Wha?!" He asked, pulling it off and tossing it back to Tracey.

Tracey bugged his eyes out and stared at Brock. It appeared as if they were conversing without words, for, a few seconds later, the both looked at Misty and smiled. "I-it's nothing. Ash just found it in the palace. No biggie," Tracey said with a nervous chuckle. "Good-night!" He quickly went under the covers.

"Good night, your majesty," Brock said with a bow of his head.

Misty shrugged off the conversation and turned off the lamp. "Good night," She whispered before pulling up the cover. Pikachu hopped up on her flat stomach, and she giggled as the mouse walked in circles, then curled up to sleep. "Sweet dreams, Pikachu."

~*~

"There she is, sir. Sound asleep in her little bed," Meowth said with a smirk. He was looking in a green smoke-framed mirror of Misty sleeping in the cot.

Giovanni walked over to the mirror and smiled. "Sleep well, Princess. For I'll get into your mind - where you can't escape me!" He cackled as a green light was shed from the Reliquary. The green bats flew up and out of Giovanni's Limbo-world and into the world of life. They flew through the rooms of the ship and into Misty's. They flew around the room, savoring the moment they'd enter the last Waterflower's dream.

The bats flew around Ash and Brock, and then to Tracey. The went down to the bottom bunk and flew around Misty, making sure she was in a deep sleep. Pikachu felt their presence, and started to wake while Misty only stirred. Her movement caused Pikachu to fall off the bed and onto the floor, waking the poor little Pokémon.

'Misty is lying on a small hilltop when a little boy with messy brown hair and hazel eyes runs up to her. He looks only about 7, with a little sailor shirt on with shorts that went to a little below the knee and a Sailor cap on.

"Come on, Misty!" He beckoned, waving her down the hill. Misty giggled, and stood up.'

Misty shakily got up from her bed. The covers came with her, and fell over Pikachu, who was trying to get back onto the bed. "Pikachu?!" She asked. She saw Misty sleep walking out of the cabin. But, there were little bats flying around her face. Pikachu ran over to her friend, but Misty was out the door, which closed on the Pokémon, and into the hallway before Pikachu could catch up. "Pikachu-pi! Pika-pi! Pikachu!" She shouted, running over to Ash and jumping up and down next to his bed. Ash only responded by moving his back to face the little mouse.

'C'mon!" He directs her up a small trail, filled with rocks. Misty stumbled, but made it up after a few minutes.'

Misty walked up the slippery stairs. They were slippery from the storm that was raging outside, and water was flowing over the stair well and into the hall. She walked down the deck and towards some boxes near the edge.

Meanwhile, Pikachu is trying to wake Ash. "Pika-CHU!" She cried as she thundershocked him. He fell out of bed, burnt to a crisp.

"What….is…it….rodent?" Ash asked between coughs.

"Pikachu-pi!" Pikachu yelled, pointing to Misty's empty bed.

"Misty! Where's Misty?!" He ran out of the room and through the wet hall. "Misty! Misty!"

' "Come on!" The boy shouted again as he jumped off the small cliff and into a small pond. Misty looked down, and saw three girls - one with blue hair, one with blonde hair, and one with pink hair- , also swimming, and an older man, who looked very similar to the boy.

"Hello Mist!" The man shouted up to her. "Come on, jump in!" He said with a smile.'

Misty fell back as she stood on the edge of the ship. She got up and climbed the boxes again.

"Misty! Misty!" Ash franticly raced up the stairs, slipping a few times. "Misty!" He shouted, running about the deck. He climbed the watchtower, hoping to see her from there.

' "Come on, jump in!" The man said again. Misty giggled as she climbed up over another rock.

"Come on, little sister!" The three girls shouted in unison. There was another woman, up on the cliff near Misty. She was reading a book, looking up once in a while at the children.

Misty looked over at her, still giggling. "You can do it, Misty! Richie just did!" The woman encouraged, then went back to reading her book. Misty looked down at her family and smiled. She put her hands together and giggled even more.'

Misty looked over into the water again, as if deciding whether to jump. Ash saw her from the watchtower, and grabbed a rope. "Stop! Misty! Misty! No!" He swung to her.

'The man changed into a minion, brown and ugly. He grew larger and larger, then took on the shape of an old man, one Misty knew from long ago, but couldn't remember. "Yes, jump in, Waterflower! Jump!" He pulled her down with other bats flying down. But, one Minion was pulling her up. She kicked and screamed, but this one was strong. Very strong.'

Ash continued to get down from the side with Misty kicking and flailing over his shoulder. He wobbled as he was on the first box, still dangerously close to the water. "Mist, wake up. Wake up!" He yelled as he use his free hand to get down.

Misty opened her eyes and gasped. Ash had set her down, and tears came to her eyes as she looked at where she had previously been standing. "The Waterflower curse! The Waterflower curse!" She whimpered, breathing heavily and crying.

"Curse? What curse? Misty, what are you talking about?" Ash asked as he put his hands on her shoulders to look at her face.

Misty leaned into him, and he hugged her. "I keep seeing faces, so many faces," She whispered. "I'm so confused!" She murmured as she grabbed the front of Ash's shirt and continued to shed tears.

"It was a nightmare. It's all right," Ash replied, rubbing her back and smoothing out her hair. Misty continued to cry as Ash thought about the curse. 'Waterflowers…they were bestowed a curse…that all the heirs and the ruler would be destroyed by the fort-night after the anniversary… but… how does Misty know of it?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Katie: Ok, I tried to make it mushy, but it can't get very mushy till the end! Sowie! ^_~

Brock: *whispering to readers* She's also sorry for making us all have the pretty same dialect as in the movie -

Katie: *nods*

Brock: And for using the same song -

Katie: *nods*

Brock: And for making me seem like such a stupid character and asking if I can wink, which I can, by the way-

Katie: *starts to nod* Hey! Baka! *runs over to him and hits him with Misty's mallet*

Tracey: *leaning over Brock's bruised and mauled body* I guess you're still mad at him for messing up your practice session on the piano?

Katie: *grins and nods*

Tracey: And I guess you want to practice more?

Katie: *grins and nods*

Tracey: And I guess Lauren's coming?

Katie: *grins and nods* She's here. Now.

Tracey: And I guess you're playing more Christmas songs?

Katie: *shakes head* Nope! I got more music. Celine Dion! And some other pop stuff…. But, it's to late for piano playing. *latches self to Tracey's neck* But, it's never to late for you. ^_^

Ash: *walking onstage with script in hand* Why do I get all lovey-dovey?! And, why won't I kiss Misty?! I mean, it's not like she's a great kisser or anything, but she gets aggravated easily, and I know she's going to come out here at any moment with her mallet! I'm leading her on in this fic! She's gonna kill me!

Misty: *Opposite stage side than Ash, dangling mallet in her left hand* Bad kisser, huh?! *walks slowly up to Ash* I'll show you bad kisser! *runs over to him, pounds him with mallet, and drags him offstage*

Katie: *Still hanging onto Tracey - very similar to Nakuru's Touya-dangling ^_~* That….was…interesting…

Tracey: Yes…. Very….Hey, could you loosen your grip?

Katie: *grins* Nope! Not until you say you like me!

Tracey: How can I not like you?! You're smart, cute, funny, a good artist, good writer, musician…. anything else you want me to add?

Katie: *whispers into his ear*

Tracey: *Nose starts to bleed. Faints*

Katie: *releases him as he was falling* Ah, that was so perfect! *giggles* So easy, so easy…. *walks offstage giggling* So, so very easy…. *runs back on* Forgot something! *grabs Tracey's hair-bandana* Yeah-baby! *puts it in her shoulder-length hair* Yeah! ^_~ *walks back offstage*

Brock: *coming to* Is she gone? *shakily stands up and looks around* Yes! Free! *sees his downed friend* Tracey?! Tracey, talk to me! *slaps the artist's cheeks*

Tracey: *Mumbling* Oh, yeah, oomh…. *licks lips*

Brock: *lets go of Tracey's shirt and stands up* I'm gonna go get you some cold water…. Trust me, it works. *shakes head as he runs off*

Tracey: *waking up* Katie? Where'd ya go?! Hm… musta had ta go write more. That was one great make-out session! (Dirty minded freaks…. Only kissing! Hehehe ^_~ Sure, yeah, uh-huh!) *standing up* Oh, Katie told me in the dream to tell you all this chapter's dedicated to Avenger10, who's a 'total sweetie in reviewing the author's notes at the end'. I have you clue what she means by author's notes, do you? *shrugs* Oh well, must be Katie's imagination running wild again! Oh, she also told me to tell you *clears throat* REVIEW, FOR GOD'S SAKE! Ok, cause there are only 4 reviews for the last chapter, and I think 5 for the chapter before that one…and they're all the same people! I mean, she loves A*MON, Avenger, Jus1digigirl, DragnBlak, and Misty Waterflower (along with some others, she just really needs to send this in….) but, she want to know if her work is loved by other people! You can flame, if you want! She's learned to tune them out!

Katie: *rushes onstage* I heard you woke! Did ya sleep well? ^_~

Tracey: Y-y-yeah, I-I-I was j-just t-telling t-the readers t-to review!

Katie: *smiles* Ah, yes, the reviewing. PLEASE review! I have the occasional flamer, and I listen to them, and gin and nod. I mean, *shrug* this fic is based off Anastasia, so it's going to be like the movie, but *shrug* I love this fic! If you don't, tell me in a review! ^_^ It doesn't hurt anymore! Flamers used to hurt, like, bad, but they don't hurt anymore! Yeah! *grabs Tracey's hands and start twirling around the stage* But *stops* I have quite a few people who have me on author alert…and yet I only get about 4 review a chapter now! I know who about 3 of the AA peeps are, my school buddies who want to know when I put new stuff out, and I bet a few of the peeps are you reviewers who read every chapter (AND REVIEW!!! THANK YOU!!!)…. Ok, I'm getting into 7pages now…and it's 3:30 in the morning….and I have a marching performance to watch tomorrow…..so I need to go to sleep….otherwise Mr. Evens'll be mad if I fall asleep at the rehearsal! *leans on Tracey* Can you help me back to my room?

Tracey: Sure thing! *carries her back to her room*

Katie: Thanks *kisses his cheek* Now….*zombie-tone* Sleep……