Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Mystiscia



Mystiscia


"It was a nightmare. It's all right," The man in the green smoky-window said soothingly.

"Aaaaaaahhh!" Giovanni yelled, throwing large boulders around, making huge craters in walls.

"Wow, sir. This is no time to loose your head," Meowth said, pulling on a pant leg of his master's pants. "Come, sit down."

"You're right. I am calm. I have nook feelings…" He sat down in a sort of chair and leaned his head on a table. He was quiet for a few minutes, as was his Pokémon. "I have it, Meowth!" He spoke up, bringing his head back up from the table. "I'll have to kill her myself. In person." He said with an evil smirk.

"You mean…. physically?" Meowth nervously asked, twining his paws together.

"You know what they say," He started as he stood from his seat, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

"That means….going topside! Master, are you sure about this?" Meowth asked as Giovanni walked around.

"Exactly." He put on some cologne and a large purple cape. "Time to go!" He walked back to his make-shift table where the Reliquary was sitting. "I have so many fond memories of Goldenrod! Killing the last Waterflower myself would be so delicious!" He said, licking his lips and rubbing his hands together.

"But, sir - you're dead! There's no way to get back up there!" Meowth replied.

"Really?" Giovanni asked with a smile as he fingered the Reliquary. "I thought we'd take the train?" He laughed and grabbed Meowth by the fur on his neck just as the Reliquary flew upwards, taking them with it.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oh, I remember it so well! Uncle Surge was from Vermilion, and Aunt Erika from Celadon. And every spring -" The red-head said with a large smile.

"We'd take picnics by the shore on Saturdays," Lorelei said with a sigh. She pointed to the door and continued, "Have you nothing better to do?"

"Oh, dear," A woman in her late 20s said, pushing the imposter Mystiscia out the door. "You have to go now. Goodbye!" She closed the door and sighed.

"No more…" The older woman said with a sigh. "No more!" She said again, with a sob. She walked over to an antique chair and sat in it.

"I'm so sorry, Lorelei! I thought that one was surely your Mystiscia!" Susie said quietly as she poured tea. "We won't be fooled next time, no… I am going to think of really hard questions!" The green-haired woman smiled at herself. "Yes, really hard questions…" she repeated just below a whisper.

"No!" Lorelei shouted. "My heart can't take it anymore. I will see no more girls claiming to be my Misty!" She put a hand over her heart and closed her eyes, a painstaking look on her face. "It hurts to much, to see these imposters degrade my beautiful granddaughter into a twisted, evil, money-mad woman. No, I won't have it." She reached over to the picture of Mystiscia when she was 7, and laid it facedown on the table.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Misty, Ash, Brock, Tracey, and Pikachu were all walking through the harbor of Goldenrod. They were walking towards the middle of the large city, where the previous queen's mansion laid.

"And where was Uncle Blaine from?" Ash asked as he walked next to Misty.

"What if Susie doesn't recognize me? Misty asked, turning to Brock.

"She will!" Ash replied, cupping his hand under her chin and moving her face to face him. "You're Mystiscia!" He said with a small smile, getting a smile from Misty.

"It's just that….:" She trailed off, staring into his eyes.

"What?" Tracey asked, interrupting the two's love-feast.

"Well," Misty said, turning away from Ash and facing the road ahead of them. "Three days ago I had no past at all, and now I'm trying to remember an entire lifetime!" She said with a big sigh.

"That's why you have us," Ash said with a smile and a nudge to her ribs. "Now, where was Uncle Blaine from?"

"Cinnabar?" Misty asked.

They continued the trivia as they trekked through the city. It only took them a half an hour to get to the small mansion. Brock hurried to the door and rang it when the large house came into site.

"Yes, Monsieur?" A maid asked, bowing her head in respect.

Susie was walking across the grand entrance when she saw Brock. She gasped and pushed the maid out of the way. "How can I help you, handsome man?" She asked with a smirk as she leaned against the doorframe.

"Susie!" Brock said with a huge smile as he picked her up and twirled her around in circles. Misty, Ash and Tracey were now all in the courtyard, watching Brock.

"Brock Slate! What are you doing here?! This is unexpected! Ah, but, where are my manners!" She said as she saw the others. "Come in, come in!" She ushered them inside, and shut the door behind them. She led them to a drawing room, where some maids had prepared some tea and biscuits. A maid picked up Pikachu, scolded her, and threw her outside. Pikachu was mad, but she jumped in a flower box and watched through the window.

"May I present," Brock started, "The Grand Duchess Mystiscia Waterflower." Misty was wearing the same dress as on the boat, but she curtsied in it and smiled up at Susie.

The older woman walked around Misty and examined her. "Hm… Well, she certainly looks like Mystiscia, but so did the others!" She pondered the thought and sat down, the others following suit. "Where were you born?"

"At the Cerulean Flower Palace," Misty replied.

"And how does Mystiscia like her fish?" Susie asked, leaning forward in her seat to the girl across from her.

"Oh, I don't like fish! I like steak and chicken. Fish are from the sea, and the sea is a sacred place," Misty replied with a warm smile.

"Hm…" Susie quietly said, placing her cheek in her hand, which rested on her knee. She continued to ask questions, ones Ash, Brock, and Tracey had quizzed her on, and ones just about Misty's own thoughts and feelings. She, amazingly enough, appeared to answer them rightly.

Pikachu paced in the flower window box, so much that she made a trench. A few hours passed, and the questioning was still on. Brock was sitting next to his love, Misty across from them. Ash had stood up from his seat next to Misty and was leaning on the fireplace mantle behind Misty. Tracey was in a chair near the doorway, drawing the maids as they worked.

"…. You'll most likely find this a stupid question…but…. indulge me," Susie stated after Misty had answered the most recent question. "How did you escape during the siege in the palace?" She asked, leaning forward in her seat.

Misty quietly sat in her seat while Ash stood behind her, driving his hand through his gelled-back hair. 'Oh, no! I didn't tell her this! She'll get it wrong, and it's all over! All this for nothing!' His mind whined. 'But', another part started, 'Now you can freely get Misty!' He shook his head and came back to reality. 'Stop talking to yourself. And stop thinking about getting the girl!'

Misty, meanwhile, was thinking about the question. She closed her eyes and leaned back in the seat. "There…..was….a boy…. a boy who worked in the palace….." She said, eyes still tightly closed. She was no longer thinking about what to say - her mind said everything for her.

Ash looked up from having his head in his hand. 'No…she couldn't've known! No one told her! How could she…know…? No! She's the real Mystiscia! Damn! You've fallen for a Princess!'

"He….He opened a…. a wall!" She laughed at her answer. "Sorry! That's crazy! Walls opening and all…" Ash just stared at the red-head as she closed her eyes and smiled. He started to slip out of the room and into the courtyard as Brock started to talk.

"Well, Susie? Is she a Waterflower?" Brock asked. Ash slipped out of the room, but Tracey follower his close friend.

"Well, she answered every question!" She stood and jumped up and down, clapping her hands.

"Did you hear that, child?! You did it!" Brock hugged Misty and put his arm around Susie's waist. "So, when do we get to see the Empress?" He asked.

"I'm afraid you…don't," Susie replied, downcast.

"Come again, love?" Brock asked, holding her tighter, but not in a forceful way. More like 'please say you're joking'.

"The Empress simply will not allow it!" She replied getting out of Brock's grasp and picking up the tray of tea.

"There must be some way to arrange a small interview," Brock said, taking the tray from Susie. "I mean, we traveled so far, and she answered all the questions. Please, just one little meeting!"

Susie didn't say anything as she took the tray back. Brock went behind her back and put his arms around her waist.

"I won't let go until you answer . . . Please!" He whispered into her ear.

"Do you like the Cerulean Ballet?" Susie asked Misty. "I believe they're performing tonight," She said, wriggling her eyebrows up and down. "The Dowager Empress," wink, "and I love the Cerulean Ballet. We never miss it," She said, winking her left eye and wriggling around.

Brock released her and ran out of the room. He went out the front door and saw Ash and Tracey conversing. "She's the real thing, Tracey…" Ash said quietly. "And now I lose her…" His eyes gathered a few tears, but he wouldn't let them shed.

"Weeeee did it!" Brock yelled from the doorway, interrupting the two's conversation. "We're going to see Her Majesty tonight!" Ash had a look of loss on his face, and Tracey pitied his friend. Brock picked up Ash and swung him around. "We're going to get the Ten-million dollars!" He continued to spin Ash around, but Ash wriggled free.

"Brock! She is the princess!" Ash said firmly, looking down at the ground. Brock heard nothing Ash said, he was to caught up in everything.

"Misty was amazing! I almost believed her! And Susie!" He stopped as Misty came out of the door.

"Susie wants to take me shopping!" She said happily. "She's going to buy everything I'll need!" She spun around in circles. "Shopping in Goldenrod, can you believe it?!

~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~J
~

Katie: *cough, cough* Ok, sorry for such a short chapter but, hey, you got it in only a few days! I'm actually going to try and find a song that I could put in in place of 'Paris Holds the Key to Your Heart', or I may just not have a song, or even just skip it.

Misty: Skip it! I just want to wear the beautiful dress! *starry eyes*

Katie: *sigh* No. Now I'm going to write in the shopping part.

Misty: Wha?! No!!

Katie: *copying Misty* Wha?! Yes!!

Misty: *hands on her hips* What are you getting at?! Do you hate me or something?!

Katie: No, you're just getting on my nerves.

Misty: *vein pop* What. Did. You. Say?!

Katie: *smirk* You're getting annoying.

Misty: *starts advancing on Katie*

Katie: *not fazed* Besides, don't you want to get more pretty dresses?

Misty: *freezes* Yeah.

Katie: Then back off!

Misty: *nods and runs offstage*

Katie: *sigh* That's better.

Ash: *walks onstage* Ok, what's up with the script again?! It sucks - bad!

Katie: *rolling up sleeve* What is it now, Ketchum?!

Ash: W-well… I d-don't l-like the idea of being s-s-such a d-d-dweeb!

Katie: *rolling back down sleeve* God, Ash, get over it! You don't seem like a dweeb, and you need to stop whining about the script! People love it, as do I, and I'm finally proud with it! There are only a few problems that I found in it.

Ash: And they were?

Katie: Well, one was fixed, and the other was the ages. I said Misty was 20 when I first introduced her, but I messed that up. She's 19. And you, Ash, are 21. *directed to readers* Brock and Tracey were 17 when they were accepted into the court, but they were almost 22 when the siege took place, k? Just had to clear that up, incase anyone was wondering about that! ^_~

Tracey: *wonders onstage*

Katie: *smiles* Yeah! *latches herself on Tracey's neck* Because of the sweet reviews I'm getting, I'm gonna kiss you, cuz I can't kiss the reviewers ^_~ *smooooooch!*

Tracey: @_@

Katie: ^_^ Yeah! Oh, A*MON - that e-mail was horrid! Oh, A*MON sent some of us this e-mail saying Misty was going to leave Ash after the Jhoto league! And, there's a site that even confirms it, and got info from someone, I don't remember ^^, but, T-T, Misty has another love that ISN'T ASH!!!! I'm so pissed! *gets off Tracey* I mean, they be-long together! Ya know?! Sheesh! It's almost as bad as WB cutting out all the kawaii S&S moments in Card Captors! No, this Pokémon thing is worse! I have the original CCS, so it's all ok. But, THIS! ARGH! I'm gonna murder someone tonight!

Tracey: *thinking* This isn't good….just back away veeery slowly…. *starts to step back on step….. two step…..three step….*

Katie: *Runs to Tracey and hugs his stomach* Oh, Trace! It's horrible! *sob* T-T!

Tracey: *shakily* I-it's all right, Katie *pats her head* It's all right…

Ash: x_x! Misty's leaving! I'm gonna go have a little talk with the producers of the show, eh?! *stops off muttering curse words and rolling up his sleeve*

Katie: *looks around* All alone….Hm…. *_* *looks up at Tracey*

Tracey: o_O *thinking* Uh-oh

Katie: Now, about that nose-bleed last time… *taps foot* What did I say that was so interesting?!

Tracey: *blood trickling out of nose* Y-y-y-you s-s-said- *faints*

Katie: *sigh* It wasn't anything majerly bad *grins* At least, not to me *smirk* #_#

Brock: *watching from behind a set* *thinking* Run!

Katie: *drags Tracey back to his dressing room and uses the Force to put him on his fainting bed (You know, the old 1900 things that are really cool?! Hm…I should get one of those for my room! Yeah!) *closing the door to his room* Ok, there, all better ^^. Now, please review, as always! This chapter is dedicated to my 2 sisters. They're big twerps and annoy the hell out of me, but they can be fun to play video games with sometimes, and Steph likes playing the piano with me, so it's all okay! ^_~ Oh, I forgot to put these in the other chapters, but I'm saying this now, and it applies to this whole story - I don't own anything in this story. I only own all the things in my room and a few things located right outside the small space I call a bedroom. I also own a CD burner and lots of burned CDs….and a wakeboard…..and a really kool lifejacket. No, my mom bought that for me…ok, and I own my sheet music and Tracey's soul >_< ^_^