Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Mystiscia



Mystiscia

Misty stepped out of 'Le Channel', an elite clothing line. She was wearing a light pink sleeveless dress shirt and a matching shirt, along with a matching pink see-through scarf around her neck. Her hair was up in a French Twist, and she had on a pair of matching pink shoes. "Thank you so much for buying these accessories, Madame Susie!" Misty said, hugging the petite older woman while Ash carried a few small bags with perfume, hair pins and clips, some jewelry, and other odds and ends Misty would need to impress the Empress (Hey, I can rhyme! ;P).

Susie smiled and hugged back. "Oh, it's nothing. And call me Susie, would you? But, the money spent on this is nothing. Really. Now, let's go get the dress for the ballet. We should go to 'Pokémon Elite'. It's a very high-class dress line. They only make a few of each style dress. It's right down…there," She pointed down the street, and to a giant building on the right.

"Let's go!" Misty grabbed Ash by the arm, Susie doing the same to Brock, and they strolled two by two down the street called 'La Rue'.

Tracey wondered behind them, looking for a girl of his own. He saw a woman about the age of 30 with dark-blonde hair and sky-blue eyes talking to a flower vender. He walked over to her and bought three roses from the seller, then gave one to Misty, one to Susie, and one to the other girl. Susie tucked it in Brock's pocket, and Misty followed the older woman's actions and put hers in Ash's pocket, surprising him and making his face turn a light red. The mystery girl smiled at Tracey, who grinned back. He walked off with her, telling the others he'd be 'back in time for the ballet.'

Before they walked away, Ash hurried over to the flower lady and bought a rose for Misty. He then walked back to her and tucked it behind her ear. She smiled at him, and they continued on.

As they walked down the road, Misty saw a side street, which led to a place with large lights saying 'Moulin Rouge'. She smiled, and pointed it out to the others in the group. "Oh, Moulin isn't a place to go for me. It's a very… ritzy…dance club. It's a place for males to go to…. Have a night of fun," Susie replied, turning her drooling boyfriend away from it and directing him back to the store they were nearing.

"But Su*sie*! Please?! I've never been there before! Please?!" Brock begged, getting down on his hands and knees.

"No," She said firmly as they continued down the street. Misty saw another side street where bright lights said 'Can-Can Room'. Susie liked the sound of this one. "Let's go! We could have a light dinner there, and continue with our shopping!" She offered with a smile.

"Sure!" Misty said happily. They went inside, and it was packed. But, Susie used her status and got them front-row seats, and a front row table. They had martinis, and had a merry time. The Can-Can dancers come out, and Susie was having such a ball, her shoe flew off her foot and landed in the middle of the stage.

"I'll get it!" Brock yelled as he started off onto the stage chock-full of beautiful dancers showing their legs. Brock was to busy drowning in his puddle of drool to get the shoe, so a dancer grabbed the shoe and threw it at his face. Hard. The heel left a giant indention in his forehead.

Misty and Ash were laughing so hard Misty fell out of her chair. A kind gentleman came up and helped her up, then asked her to waltz with him. She happily obliged, and they went out on the floor and waltzed, as did a few other couples.

Ash watched them with sorrowful eyes. 'One of those types of guys is going to get her. The perfect gentleman with loads of dough and a charming smile. She'll find her real family tonight and I'll lose her…' Susie pulled him out of his angst thoughts by asking him a question.

"So, doesn't Misty look ravishing tonight?" She asked as she sat down with Brock, still drooling and the heel mark still on his forehead.

"Yeah. I can't stand it! I mean, I can't even tell her how I feel! And when she's dressed like this…well…" He trailed off and stared at her as she danced and laughed merrily. She made her way back to the table after the dance and picked up her small purse.

"I say we get outta here! All the guys are bombarding me asking to dance!" She said with a giggle. Susie nodded and also got up. They had already paid for their drinks, so they left and continued to the 'Pokémon Elite'.

When they arrived, Misty was taken and measured. The woman measuring her smiled and gave her a dress to try on. She changed into it and smiled. "Perfect," She whispered as she looked into the mirror. Susie smiled at Misty's gorgeous looks.

"You'll take his breath away," She whispered, then spoke up, "I guess you'll have to get this dress for tonight. It was obviously made for you!" Susie said with a smirk.

"It is beautiful…" Misty sighed wistfully.

"It's settled. I'm getting that for you, and the matching velvet robe. Ok?" She asked with a smile.

"I feel horrible! You're buying all this stuff!" Misty started as she changed in the changing stall.

"It's really nothing, child. Just don't worry about it!" Susie said as she paid for the bill. Misty walked out with the dress in her arms. The measuring woman took it from her and packaged it in a bag, along with a long velvet coat.

The two women walked out of the dress department just as Ash and Brock were returning from the tuxedo department. Brock was buying Ash and himself a new tux with Susie's money (Ok, Susie is filthy rich, what with being nearly royal and all!). Susie linked arms with Brock while Misty did the same with Ash. They walked out of the store, each with at least one bag in their grasp, and walked back to the bed-and-breakfast Brock had rented them for the night.

"Ok, let's go get you ready, Misty!" Susie said while pulling Misty into her (Misty's) room. Susie closed and locked the door, yelling to the guys that they should get ready and leave without them. They'd meet them at the entrance. "We'll see you at 7!" She finished.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ash, meanwhile, was getting into his tuxedo and trying to fix his hair. It was normally unruly hat-hair, but he wanted to look decent for Misty. He used some gel and a big brush. It actually worked quite well, and his hair stayed back instead of spiking up and around. He was ready half-an-hour later, but Brock insisted that he (Brock) wasn't ready. So, Ash had to wait another half-hour for his friend to get ready. At 6:30, they left the house and walked to the ballet. They waited there for twenty minutes, Ash calmly sitting on the steps and Brock fidgeting with his top hat.

Ten minutes before the girls arrived, Tracey showed up with the same mysterious girl linked to his arm. "Guys, this is Catherine. She's the cousin of Countess Sabrina!" Tracey said gleefully as Catherine curtsied. Ash got up and bowed, as did Brock.

"Nice to meet you," Ash murmured.

"Yes, nice to meet you," Brock repeated mutely.

"Well, why don't you go in and sit with your family?" Tracey asked the woman. She nodded, and hurried off in a rush of royal purple and magenta. Tracey stared in the direction she left for a few seconds, then joined Ash in sitting on the steps. Brock continued to pace and fidget.

"We have nothing to worry about. She's the princess," Ash said with a sigh.

"I know, I know," Brock replied, still pacing.

"No. No, you don't know," Ash said, his voice raising with every word he spoke. "I was the boy… the one who opened the wall in the palace… She's the real thing, Brock," Ash replied, looking down at the ground.

"That means… that our Misty has found her family. We have found the heir to the Kanto throne!" Brock clapped his hands together excitedly. "And you…" He started.

"… Will walk out of her life forever," Ash finished bitterly.

"But, Ash!" Tracey yelled, angry with the younger man.

"Princesses don't marry kitchen boys," He replied with a sigh. "We're going to go through with this as if nothing has changed," He told them, keeping eye contact with one, then the other.

"You've got to tell her," Brock whispered.

Misty heard his whisper from the taxi she was getting out of. She had on a cerulean-velvet coat with faux-fur trimming. Her hair had two silver clips with diamonds studded on them on each side holding her hair back, and it was curled at the tips; she also had on a diamond choker along with her regular pendant. She also had on shiny white gloves that were holding her coat together. She had lip gloss on her lips, and some blush and blue eye shadow. She looked different. More… feminine.

Ash's breath caught in his throat when he saw her. " Tell me what?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"How. . . beautiful . . . . . you look," Ash stuttered as he took off his top hat.

"Ooh, well thank you," She replied, surprised at his comment.

Susie paid the driver and went over to the group. She giggled as Ash led Misty into the entrance and Tracey went off in a whole other direction, looking for Catherine. "Come, Susie," Brock said as he offered her his arm.

When they were in front of the staircase that would lead to the box they were to sit in, an usher took Misty coat, while another one took Ash's. Misty was wearing a long cerulean-colored strapless velvet evening dress. She had on matching high-heeled shoes, and a matching glittery piece of nylon that attached to her lower back and the wrists of her gloves, and flowed to the ground. Misty continued up the stairs, but Ash just stared at her. When she was on the landing to turn, she looked down at the gawking boy.

'The blue-green compliments her eyes, and the tight dress compliments her figure…. Yeah, you've fallen, and hard.' Ash told himself while Misty cocked her head to the side. She widened her eyes as if asking 'What?!', and Ash shook himself from his thoughts. He bound up the stairs, past Susie and Brock, and gave her his arm. She accepted it, and wrapped her right arm around his left, then placed her left over it.

"Let's go," Ash murmured, and they continued to their opera box. When they got there, Brock sat behind Ash and Misty, Tracey was with Catherine. Ash put a few coins in an opera glass box next to his chair, and looked through the opera glass that came out. He found the Empress quite easily, then handed the glasses to Misty, and pointed out the old queen. "Look, there she is," He whispered.

Misty looked through the glasses and sighed. "Please, oh please let her remember me…." She murmured as the lights dimmed and the show began.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Katie: Hehehe, I couldn't help myself with Catherine! Hehehe! It's me, only, like, a LOT older! *snicker* I love Tracey SOOO much! ^_~ But, ok, how did you like it? I know it's really short, but it's 3 pages! And, I'm working faster on the chapters, since Band Camp is starting in 3 days, and I won't be able to work on them as much….sorry….but… *shrug* I think my grades are more important than my writing…

Misty: Hey! Wait! Fanfiction.net is still down, so you can't post this chapter yet anyway! So, why don't you write more?

Katie: *shrug* Sure, why not…Ok, now the show has begun….

~*~*~*~*~*~

Misty twisted the program around in her hands as Cinderella danced about in the garden with the mice. She started tearing it when Cinderella was gathering items to make her ball gown. And Ash noticed it when Cinderella's fairy godmother danced on stage. His eyes bugged out when he saw the pile of paper in Misty's lap. He gave a small sigh and smiled. He grabbed her right hand in his left. "Relax! You'll be great," He whispered. She nodded, and closed her eyes.

The first act came to a close a few minutes later, Ash still holding Misty's hand. "Come on, I guess it's time," He told her as he stood up. She followed close behind him as they walked through the corridors. Brock had stayed in the box, saying they didn't need him.

When they were a few feet away from the Empresses opera box, Misty turned around and walked the other way. "Ooh, I can't do this!" She spat out.

Ash turned around and grabbed her arm, stopping her. He spun her around and walked her back to the door. "Take a deep breath. Everything's going to be fine!" He put both hands on her shoulder and peered into her eyes. "Now, are you all right?"

"Yes…" She whispered back, gazing into his eyes. A passerby knocked into Misty, making her fall to the ground. Ash helped her up, but the special moment was broken. "Wait here for a moment. I'll go in a announce you properly," He told her as he straightened his bow tie.

"Ash…" Misty nervously said, twisting around a bit of the vinyl from her glove.

"Yes?" He asked after he turned back around. They were extremely close.

"Look, w-we've been through a-a lot together," She stuttered.

"Uh-huh," Ash replied with a nod, encouraging her to continue.

"… And I just wanted to…" She started getting even closer to him, then stopped.

"Yes?" Ash asked when she stopped.

"Well…thank you, I guess," She said sadly as she looked down at the ground. "Yes," She looked back up at him, "Yes. Thank you for everything," She said coolly. 'Why can't I tell you I love you?' She asked herself as Ash pondered something.

"Oh," Ash replied, disappointed. 'It wouldn't hurt much if you tell her you love her. She's going to leave you anyway' "Misty…"

"Yes?" She quickly responded.

"I would like to…" 'Tell you I love you. C'mon, Ketchum! Say it!' His mind yelled.

"Yes?" Misty asked, getting closer to him.

"…to wish you good luck, I guess…" He finished. 'Why can't I tell her I love her?'

"Oh," She replied, disappointed.

"Good luck," He said as he shook her hand. "Well, here goes," He said as he opened the door. He closed it, but it opened back up a crack.

Ash walked in and saw Susie, who giggled. "Please inform her Majesty that I have found her granddaughter, the Grand Duchess Mystiscia. She's here, now, waiting to talk to her," He said with his back straight and voice deep.

"I'm sorry, young man. But, the Empress - she will see no one," Susie replied with a wink and side stepped to let Ash through.

"You may tell that insolent young man that I have seen enough Mystiscias to last me a lifetime," Lorelei replied bitterly from her seat.

"But…" Ash started, but Susie pulled him away.

"You'd better go," She replied in a hush

" Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to live out the remainder of my lonely life in peace," Lorelei continued.

"I'll see you to the door," Susie said as she closed the curtain and walked to the door. "Come, Come. Come to the door," She said as she ushered him away. He stepped back and acted like he was going to follow, but he walked through the curtains and sat next to the Empress.

"Your Majesty, I intend you no harm," He said as he sat next to her, "My name is Ash. I used to work at the palace."

Lorelei snapped her program shut and stood. "Well, that's one I haven't heard, I must say," She spat as she walked through the curtains.

" Wait! Don't go. Please! If you'll just hear me out!" Ash begged.

"I know what you're after," She said while pointing her pointer finger at Ash. Misty leaned in closer to the door to listen better. "I've seen it before - men who train young women in the royal ways," She continued, wagging the finger. Misty gasped outside.

"But if your grace will only listen!" Ash spoke.

"Haven't you been listening? I've had enough!" The Empress shouted, walking towards Ash, who backed away in fear. "I don't care how much you've fashioned this girl to look like her, sound like her, or act like her! In the end it never is her." She said, tears coming to her eyes. She turned around and pulled on a gold-colored rope.

"But this time it is her!" Ash responded, following her around the room till she sat in a sofa.

"Ash, I've heard of you," She said, shaking her hand. "You're that con-man from Cerulean, who was holding auditions to find a Mystiscia look-alike," She continued as she folded her hands together over her lap.

Misty, who was still listening to Lorelei, gasped in horror at what was just said.

Ash kneeled down in front of Lorelei, "But, your Grace, we've come all the way from Cerulean!"

"And others have come from Lavender!" She replied sternly.

"No! No! It's not like that! It's not what you think!" Ash replied, putting his hands over hers.

"How much pain will you inflict on an old woman for money?" She asked him bitterly as 2 Machoke appeared in a side doorway. She turned to them. "Remove him at once!" She ordered.

"But she really is Mystiscia!" Ash yelled as he was dragged out. "She's the Grand Duchess! If you'll only talk to her you'll see!" He continued to yell as they opened the door and threw him out at Misty's feet.

He looked up and into her flaming eyes. "It was all a lie, wasn't it?!" She asked as he stood up.

"No, no, no!" Ash replied, walking closer to her.

"You used me?!" Misty shouted, walking closer to him, making him back away. "I was just part of your con to get her money?" She asked, pleading with her eyes as he started to talk again

"No, no!" He replied, staring into her eyes. "Look, it may have started out like that, but everything's different now because you really are Mystiscia!" He continued, trying to get her to believe him as he walked behind her down the hallway.

"Oh, stop it!" She yelled, turning around and pushing Ash. "From the very beginning you lied!" She told him as she pushed him again. "And not only did I believe you, I actually -" 'Fell in love with you' - "Aaarrhg!" She screamed, turning around and walking down the hall. Ash followed and walked in front of her.

"Misty, listen! When you spoke of the hidden door and of the wall opening and the little boy, listen!" He grabbed her hand to stop her. "That was -"

"No!" Misty screamed, tearing her hand from Ash's grasp. "I don't want to hear anything about what I said or remembered!" She yelled, continuing her stomp down the hall. Ash grabbed her hand and stopped her, but she wrenched it away again and screamed, "You just leave me alone!" She slapped him and rushed away.

"Misty! Wait! Misty!" He shouted after her, trying to catch her but the crowd stopped him. "You have to know the truth!" He yelled. The crowd had heard the fight, and many of the men were getting angry that Ash wasn't letting her just go.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ash found another way down to the exit, but Misty was already gone. 'I know she's leaving. But, I have to stop her! She's really Mystiscia. She's always wanted her family. She may hate me now, but I still love her. I have to convince Lorelei, for Misty's sake.' He waited outside the exit, a plan forming in his head while he waited.

He watched Lorelei leave the building and walk towards her car, where her chauffeur was holding the door open for her. Ash pulled off his top hat and walked to the other side of the car as the chauffeur helped the Empress into the car. As soon as the door closed, Ash took off. Lorelei straightened her hair and looked over at Ash. "Daniel! Slow down!" She ordered as the car swerved around a curb.

Ash turned halfway around. "I'm not Daniel, and I won't slow down. Not until you listen.

"You!" Lorelei spat out. "How dare you! Stop this car at once!" She ordered, banging the floor with her cane. "Stop this car," She repeated.

Ash drives up a small hill, and screeches to a stop outside the bed-and-breakfast. Ash got out and went around to Lorelei's side of the car. He opened the back seat and stared down at her. "You have to talk to her! Just look at her!" He said, pointing his right arm up at the house.

"I won't be badgered by you a moment longer," She replied, turning to face the opposite direction.

Ash sighed as he pulled out something shiny from his pocket. He kneeled down and placed it in his outstretched palm. The gold Pokéball was in it. It caught the Empress's eye, and she turned around to face him. "Do you recognize this?" He asked her.

"Where did you get this?" She asked, picking it up and looking at its every crack.

"Now I know that you've been hurt, but it's just possible that she's been as lost and as alone as you," He said quietly as Lorelei put the Pokéball into her purse and stepped out of the car.

"You'll stop at nothing," She bitterly, standing straight and putting her nose up in the air.

"I'm probably just about as stubborn as you," Ash replied with a smirk. Lorelei nodded and went into the house. Ash stood outside, watching Misty's bedroom window. He saw her shadow moving about, 'Probably packing to leave….'.

Sure enough, Misty was packing her bag. She shoved in the dress she had worn earlier that evening, and her old outfit, and a few other dresses Susie had bought for her. Tears streamed down her face as she picked up the rose Ash had bought her that was laying on her nightstand. 'I can't believe you…' She screamed in her head. 'You…you…. used me! A-and I can't help but still love you!' She let out a sob as she tossed the dried rose into the trashcan.

There was a knock on the door a few seconds later, as Misty was walking back to her duffel bag. "Go away Ash!" She screamed as she zipped one of the few pockets closed. The person opened the door and entered. Misty heard the clink of high-heels and turned around. "Oh, my! I'm so sorry! I thought you were…." She sighed, heaving her hands up and down.

"I know perfectly well who you thought I was," Lorelei replied, keeping a straight face. "Now, who exactly are you?" She asked, walking up to Misty.

"I-I was hoping you could tell me," Misty replied.

"My dear, I'm old, and I'm tired of being conned and tricked," Lorelei said as she straightened up.

"I don't want to trick you," Misty said quietly.

Lorelei didn't budge. She smiled, "And I suppose the money didn't interest you, either?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. She walked past Misty, towards the balcony.

"I just want to know who I am. If I'm part of a family. Your family," Misty said with sincere eyes as she turned around to face the old woman.

"You're a good actress. Best yet in fact, but I've had enough," The Empress walked pass Misty and towards the door. Misty didn't seem very surprised. She took a deep breath to calm herself, and she felt her head cracking open again. 'Lavender… why is this scent getting to my head?!'

"Lavender?" She asked aloud.

"Yes," Lorelei replied, putting out one hand, "An oil for my hands."

Misty walked over to the balcony door and leaned on the frame. "I spilled a bottle once," She said with a smile, playing with her necklace. "The carpet was soaked…. And it forever smelled of lavender!" She laughed, and Lorelei sat down on a bench to the vanity. "Like you! Ooh, I used to lie there on that rug and oh how I missed you when you went away…. When you came here… to Goldenrod!" Misty's head was hurting even more. She put a hand up to support it.

Lorelei motioned for Misty to sit next to her, and the redhead did. Misty was nervous, 'Where are these memories coming from?!' She asked/screamed in her head. She started fidgeting with her necklace again. The gold of the pendant caught Lorelei's eye. "What's that, child?" She asked, pointing to the charm around Misty's neck.

"It's a necklace I've always had, since before I can remember," Misty replied, showing the design around it.

"May I?" The Empress asked, holding out her palm. Misty nodded and unhooked the back of the necklace and gave it to Lorelei. The old woman gave a sad smile and then continued. "It was out secret, my Mystiscia's and mine," She pulled out the Pokéball from her purse and held the matching items together in her right palm.

Misty gasped. "The music box!" She said through her hand. "It was to sing me to sleep when you were in Goldenrod!" She took the Pokéball first from the elder, then her necklace, tears coming to her eyes while she hummed the old song that haunted her in the sleep and wake. She put the bottom part of her charm into the middle of the Pokéball, and wound it. "On the wind, cross the sea, hear this song and remember." She sang quietly. The Pokéball opened and started playing the song.

"Soon you'll be…home with me, once upon a December." The two finished

"Mystiscia! My Mystiscia!" Lorelei cried out as she hugged Misty.

"Grandmama!" Misty cried back, hugging her grandmother.

Ash, who was listening to the conversation, blew a kiss up at Misty before walking away

'And now I walk out of your life forever. Why is my heart hurting so bad? I can't love you, and it knows that…but…why is it so hard?

~*~*~*~

Katie: *wipes brow* There, ok, a few things I need to explain. Ok, Misty's pendant is a flat, round gold thingy that has a line through the middle with the circle in the very middle, resembling a Pokéball, got it? The charm's gold and has 'Together' on the top, 'In' beneath it on the top, and 'Goldenrod' on the bottom, ok? Kay, and it has some frilly things around the whole outside (I'll draw what it looks like a post it on my web site, kay?)…and on the bottom, there's a larger frill that then gets inserted into the Pokéball. Ok? Get it?

Brock: No!

Katie: *holding up pounding fist* Who asked you?!

Brock: No one, but I'm not afraid of you anymore!

Katie: Oh, really?! *whips out lightsaber* Whadda 'bout *turns it on* now?

Brock: *shaking* Ok, now I'm afraid. *runs offstage*

Katie: *muttering* Yeah, that's what I thought. Hmph. *crosses arms over chest*

Misty: *walking onstage with laptop*

Katie: Hey! That's mine! *runs over and takes it away from Misty*

Misty: Hey, hey! A little pushy, aren't ya?!

Katie: *hugging laptop* Don't. Take. The. Computer.

Misty: Well, for your information, that fanfiction place isn't back up yet! You can get onto the main site, and into your author's place, but no one can read your stories. So, it's a lost cause to post this chapter! *puts hands on hips*

Katie: *muttering* Damn… *walks over to table and opens up laptop* *shouting* Wha?!?! How come you were in a chat room?! On my ID!!!

Misty: Oh, that….well…. I…was…bored! Yeah! That's it!

Katie: Die! *pulls out lightsaber and ignites it*

Misty: W-wait! I-I-I mean, this was a really great chapter, did ya know that? I mean, my outfit was slammin, a-and the reunion was touching….and…and…well, it was great!

Katie: *holds lightsaber over Misty's head* Well…. Fine, you obviously want to live, so I'll pity you and keep you alive. Just…..go check on Tracey! Wake him up and bring him out here… *walks back to laptop*

Misty: Yes ma'am *bows and leaves*

Katie: *muttering* Aah, dang characters…. *types in a few things on the PC* Ook….Damn! She was right! Danget! *moves the mouse around a bit and punches a few keys* Great, ok, wonder how long this'll take….

Tracey: *walks onstage holding head* Oooowww…..

Katie: *slams laptop close and runs over to Tracey* Awh, my poor baby! Did Misty hurt you?!

Tracey: No, I have a huge headache from the nosebleed….

Katie: *dizzy eyes* ???

Tracey: Never mind

Katie: *shakes off confusion* Ok, whatever. Listen, I need, like, a totally cool design of the Pokéball music box and the pendant, ok?

Tracey: Sure, whatever, I'll get it done soon…

Katie: Great! *hugs him* I'd, like, so kiss you, but I need to go get ready for Percussion lessons. Tomorrow is when Band Camp starts, and I'm not even prepared! But…. I dunno, some of the music's easy, and other ones are just plain confusing! I get all dizzy!

Tracey: *thinking* Thank god for Band….Oh, ok, I gotta go draw now! *runs offstage*

Katie: Ooookay…. Well, I hope you all liked this chapter! It's LONG! But, the next chapter probably won't be out for a while! I have Band camp for 8 hours a day from Monday through Friday till school starts, and then I have plans with friends on Friday and Saturday nights! Yikes! My schedule's packed! Dang! Ok, gotta go clear out some days! Bye!