Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Mystiscia



Mystiscia

"Meowth ! Get me a comb! Find some cologne! I want to look my best!" Giovanni shouted through the broken down warehouse. Meowth walked out of the shadows and licked his fur.

"That might take some work, sir," Meowth responded sarcastically as he stopped grooming himself and grabbing a bottle of cologne. He started spraying it all around his master, who was sitting down in a chair.

"Then let's snap to it! We're going to a party!" He responded as he combed his black hair to the side. He picked up a magazine on the dirty table next to him and sneered at the headline. 'Royal Party Planned for Mystiscia' was along the top, with a picture of the princess as a 7-year-old. He showed it to Meowth, who picked it up and jumped up on the table. He danced around on it before dropping the paper and continuing to dance around.

"A party in Goldenrod?! I could teach ya some of the newest dance steps! They're really great! They start with a 'woosh'," He twirled, "and then ya get real crazy with the hips, sir. It's really fun!" He started dancing around even more.

Giovanni wasn't listening as he continued to plan. "We'll let the Grand Duchess Mystiscia have her moment," He started, but Meowth cut in.

"But who cares?" He asked as he continued to dance.

"… and then kill her!" He finished, rubbing his hands together and showing his evil smile.

"… and then kill her!? Sir, what happened to the party idea?" Meowth asked as he stopped dancing.

"That's we're going to kill her!" Giovanni said giddily. "Hheh!" He cackled as he tore up the paper and gets up from his seat. "Crush her in the height of her glory," He yelled as he tossed the shreds up into the air.

Mystiscia's picture fell on top of Meowth. He took it off of his charm and looked at it with a sigh. "And we're back to the crushing," He looked at the picture, then at his master. "Sir, I'm begging you, please, please forget the girl and get a life!" He said, taking the picture and setting it down on the table. He jumped off it and walked back into the shadows.

"Oh, I'll get a life, Meowth," Giovanni murmured quietly as he picked up the picture and crumbled it up. "Hers!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Misty and Lorelei had returned to the grand mansion later in the evening they had been reunited. The next day, Lorelei planned the party and got Misty fitted for a new dress. A more fancier dress then before.

They had an hour till the party was to start, and they spent it by reminiscing. The two were in the old woman's bedroom chamber, looking through old pictures. "I remember now…" Misty said quietly as she touched a picture she was holding of the four Waterflower girls and the little boy. "I remember how much I loved them…" She looked sadly at the picture. The five children were sitting in a diagonal row, oldest at the top to youngest at the bottom. Mystiscia was the second to last, with her little brother, Richie, on the left side of her. The three other girls, Lily, Violet, and Daisy, were all on the other side of her. All five looked very similar to each other, but all looked different, too.

"They would not want us to live in the past. Not now that we've found each other," Lorelei said sadly as she took the picture from Misty and returned it to the picture box. "Oh, look! It's a picture of your mother and father," Lorelei handed it to Misty, who looked at it intensely.

"I remember them, too. They both loved me very much, didn't they? I miss father… I remember….he used to make me laugh so hard!" Tears came to her eyes as she chuckled. She wiped them away and gave the picture back to her grandmother.

"They loved you with all their heart and soul. But, they don't want you to cry!" She replied, lifting up Misty's chin to look at the young woman's face. "Your father, Nicholas, hated to see you cry. As did your mother," She wiped away Misty's tears and stood her up. "You look so much like your mother, one of most beautiful women I've ever met. You have the same beauty as Alexandra, Empress of all Kanto," She walked Misty over to a large standing mirror with a velvet box sitting on a pedestal next to it. She opened the box and showed Misty the glittering tiara in it. She picked it up and put it on Misty's head as the redhead gasped.

She smiled and fiercely hugged her grandmother, who smiled and giggled lightly. "Oh, how I've missed you," she whispered.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Misty twirled around in circles for Susie and the dress tailor in the foyer to Lorelei's manor. The party was already starting in a ballroom in the south wing, but Susie wanted to make sure Mystiscia was perfect. Misty's hair was up in multiple buns all inside the tiara of diamonds. She wore a matching diamond necklace and diamond bracelet. Her dress had yellow silk on the outside, with a dark blue trim along the top. It was off the shoulders, with long yellow sleeves that went around from the front of her arm to the front again, but left room for her arms to be show and for them to go through (do you understand? It's just like Anastasia's in the movie! Here- ok, go http://mars.spaceports.com/~onceupon/finale/finale15.jpg -it'll show it to you better). Her dress had a magenta design along the middle of her dress with silver designs inside it. The bottom of the dress folded together when she'd stand still, but it came out as she twirled around. The front of the skirt also opened up to reveal a dark blue underskirt that also flowed out.

Her light blue sash that was tied from her right shoulder to her left waist signified she was the heir to the Kanto throne. "There," Susie said as she finished tying it, "All finished!" She exclaimed happily. She danced around while Misty twirled around in circle laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lorelei and Ash, meanwhile, were up in the Empress's study. "You sent for me, your grace?" Ash asked as he bowed. He had stayed the night at a hotel, and Brock had come for him that afternoon saying the Empress was waiting to speak to him. He quickly changed into his only other suit, a deep purple one with a green tie.

"Ten-million dollars, as promised, with my gratitude," Lorelei replied, opening a box with money inside and turning it towards the young man.

"I accept your gratitude, but… I-I don't want the money," He stuttered, bowing again and turning around.

"What do you want, then?" The old woman asked, rushing and getting in front of Ash to stop him.

"Unfortunately…" He paused as he thought about it. "…nothing you can give." He bowed again and went around her as he started to leave.

When he was a few steps away from the door, Lorelei stopped him again. "Young man, where did you get that music box?" She asked as she got in front of him again. "… You are that boy. The servant boy who got us out," She said quickly, folding her hands in front of her as she looked into his eyes.

Ash didn't respond, but his face showed he was surprised at first, but calmed down. "You saved her life and mine, and you restored her to me, and yet you want no reward?" Lorelei thought to herself as she put a hand up to her chin.

"Not anymore," Ash replied sadly.

"Why the change of mind?" She asked, tilting her head to the side just like her granddaughter.

"It was more a… change of heart," Ash replied sadly again. "I must go," He bowed again and left.

Lorelei sadly smiled as she nodded. 'Yes, he loves her… there is no question about it. But, what does Misty think of him?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Misty finished twirling around and noticed someone was coming down the grand staircase. She walked up to meet whoever it was, and saw it was Ash. Her face lit up for a moment, but went cold when she thought about why he was here. She stopped at a landing and watched him as he made his way down the stairs.

"So, did you collect your reward?" She asked coldly as Ash stopped on the same landing as her.

"My business here is finished," He replied, waving his arms out. "I'm glad you found what you were looking for," He said sadly as he turned to leave.

"I'm glad you did too," Misty responded stiffly.

An old male court member walked in and saw Ash. "Young man, you will bow and address the princess as 'Your Highness'," He said shortly.

Misty waved a hand to the man. "No that's not necessary," She said.

"Please," Ash replied, waving his hand in the air. He bowed to her and spoke as he went down. "Your Highness. I'm glad you found what you were looking for," He stood straight and continued down the stairs.

"Yes, I'm glad you did, too," She replied again.

"Well, then," He turned and bowed again, "Goodbye, your Highness." He looked at her one more time before he finished walking down the stairs. Misty saw the hurt and pain in his eyes, and felt guilty.

"Goodbye!" She croaked out as he was leaving the room. Tears came to her eyes, but she wiped them away as she continued up the stairs and to see her grandmother.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ash walked through the large palace, searching for Brock's room. His friend had said he was in the east wing, where the court members were allowed to stay. He found Brock quite easily. His door was open and he was standing with his back to the entrance, looking into a mirror. Brock was one of the upper court members, with special accommodations because of his help in getting Misty to Goldenrod.

The man from Pewter was putting the finishing touches on his uniform. He was wearing a royal-looking royal blue suit with many different medals on his chest and a red sash from his right shoulder to his left waist, indicating he was a higher up member of the royal court. Pikachu was standing on a table next to Brock, also looking in the mirror. The yellow mouse was wearing a medal tied around her neck and a belt around her waist with a small dagger in a sheath on it, and was wearing a small crown. She had other medals dangling from the necklace and belt, for bravery and other things.

"Pika!" She said as she smiled and posed with a wink and her right paw sticking out with a 'V'. The crown slid down the side of her head and dangled on the left side of her head, her ear still in it.

"You look wonderful!" Brock exclaimed, fixing her crown. "Do you mind?" He asked, pointing to the medals pinned onto her belt. "Of course you don't mind, you're a wonderful Pikachu," He murmured as he took the medals off Pikachu and put them next to his others on his chest.

"Pika-chu!" She warned as sparks flared from her red cheeks. Brock stepped back a few steps, but a throat being cleared distracted Pikachu.

Ash was standing in the doorway, watching the two's fit. He walked forward as Brock stood straight and fixed a wrinkle in his outer suit-coat. "Well, if you're ever in Cerulean again, look me up," He shook his best friend's hand while Brock pulled him in and hugged him.

"Ash… You're making a mistake!" He said quietly as they pulled away.

"Trust me, this is the one thing I'm doing right," He replied with a half smile/smirk half frown.

"Pika!" Pikachu cried from her perch. Ash chuckled lightly as he walked over to the small table and bent down to the Pokémon's level.

"So long, Pikachu…" He said as he rumpled the Pokémon's fur on her head. "I can't stay. I don't belong here," He whispered to her, fixing her fur as he spoke. He stood back up and left.

"Tracey's in the room across from mine! He'll want to see you before you go!" Brock told Ash's retreating form. Ash waved his hand and left the room, shutting the door behind him. Brock turned back to Pikachu and sighed. "He's making a mistake…."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ash knocked on the closed door across from Brock's room. "Who is it?" Asked Tracey from inside.

"Ash."

"Oh, come in!" Ash obeyed, and opened the door. He walked into the large room and closed the door behind him. Tracey was working on a painting of Misty and Lorelei. The faces were already finished, and the dresses were on a stand, made to look just like the Empress's and the princess's bodies. Tracey was in front of the large painting, working on Misty's dress.

"So, working hard. And fast, I see! Her majesty probably didn't have time today to stop and pose for you!" Ash commented, walking deeper into the room and watching the older man paint.

"Nonsense! I recall her giving me a good twenty minutes of her time!" Tracey replied with a small laugh. He put down his paints and turned to Ash. "They don't need to stay still long for me, you know. I remember them perfectly. Misty, though, was still practically the whole day. She only had a dress measuring in the morning and the fitting this evening," He motioned to the picture. "Do you like it? It's the first time I've painted in a while. I don't think it's up to my usual standards…"

The picture was spectacular. Lorelei was sitting in a chair, with Misty standing behind and off to the side with her right hand on her grandmother's left shoulder. Misty was giving a small smile in the picture, as was Lorelei. The bottoms of the dresses weren't finished, nor were the designs on the dresses complete, and the background wasn't even drawn out. But, it was still an amazing piece of art. "… It's great," Ash replied sadly.

Tracey noticed the sad tone and walked closer to his friend. "You're leaving, aren't you?" He asked as he got closer. Ash nodded his head in response. "Ash! You can't do this to her!" He motioned to Misty in the painting. "She loves you! Can you not see it?!"

"If she loves me so much, why does she act as if she hates me?!" Ash yelled, his eyes covering with liquid. "If she loves me, then why does she not say it?" He asked quietly, looking at the ground.

"Because she's mad at you. We did use her, in some sense. She doesn't think you love her, for using her and for not telling her how you feel; that's why she's not telling you she loves you. She's forgiven Brock and I, but you…. You could be harder for her to forgive. If you were in her circumstance, how would you feel?" The artist asked his friend.

Ash stared at the ground. "I will never know, will I?" He asked as he raised his head to meet Tracey's eyes. "I'm leaving. I don't need the reward money, it's not necessary. I'll go back to being a con artist." He chuckled as he continued, "It worked before, it'll work again." He put his right hand out, but Tracey didn't shake it.

"I can't believe you're going to do this to her. She's going to be devastated," With that, he turned back to his painting. Ash shrugged and turned to leave the room. "Have you told her?" He asked when he knew Ash was near the exit. When he heard no response, he sighed. "That's what I thought." He picked up his pallet and made a few strokes while Ash stayed at watched. The young man shook his head a few minutes later and left.

Ash sighed as he left the room. 'That didn't go to well…' He thought to himself as he walked down the hall. 'I guess it's time for me to leave…'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The ball was in full swing as Misty looked out at the people dancing. She was in her dress, looking just like a princess. She pulled back the curtain and looked out at the crowd, searching the faces for him.

"He's not there," Lorelei said, coming from behind the redhead and also looking out at the crowd.

"Oh, I know he's not," She stopped her chattering, "Who's not there grandmama?" She asked airily, stepping back from the curtain so only the Empress was looking out.

"An incredible young man. Who found a music box," Lorelei replied, also stepping back from the curtain to face her granddaughter.

"Oh, he's probably spending his reward money just as fast as he can," Misty replied bitterly, crossing her hands over her chest.

Lorelei sighed as she turned back out and looked out at the ballroom. She spoke quietly, but enough for Misty to listen, "You were born into this world of glittering jewels and fine titles."

Pikachu, who was sitting next to Misty's throne, yawned as she curled up in a ball.

"But I wonder - is this what you really want?" She continued, turning back to the princess.

Misty gasped. "Of course! Of course it is! I found what I was looking for! I found out who I am! I found my family. I found you!" She said quickly while she held her grandmother's hand in both of hers.

" Yes, you did find me. And you'll always have me. But is it enough?" Lorelei asked sincerely. She hugged her granddaughter and stepped back. "My darling, he didn't take the money," She whispered.

"He didn't?" Misty asked, surprised.

The Empress changed the subject and stroked Misty's cheek. "Knowing that you are alive, seeing the woman you have become, brings me joy I thought I could never feel again!" She said happily. She kissed her Mystiscia's forehead and backed away.

Misty stepped back, confused. "Whatever you choose, we will always have each other," She smiled as she stepped out through the curtain.

Misty didn't notice her walking away, and turned around. "But grandmama can't you tell me th. . . ?" 'the answer….arh!' She walked over to the curtain and looked out it again. 'He didn't take the money… He-he didn't take the money! T-that has to account for something!' She stepped back from the curtain as she was about to step through. She turned around and wandered away from the ballroom.

"Pikachu-pi!" Pikachu cried from a balcony outside. Misty walked towards the exit, and went through the open doorway. When she was near the Pokémon, the mouse turned and scrambled down the stairway. The royal picked up the ends of her dress and chased her little pet. Pikachu scampered into the Empress' gardens, and Misty followed. She entered the large planter-walls, and she was at an intersection. The entryway behind her closed up to a wall, and a eerie light shone through the entry to her left. "Pikachu-pi!" She heard coming from the direction of the light. She shrugged and ran through the lit path.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A train whistled its arrival as Ash stepped further closer in line to buy a ticket. He reached into the front pocket of his bag, hoping to pull out a wallet but instead pulled out the rose. It was in full bloom, unlike Misty's.

I can't believe you're going to do this to her. She's going to be devastated…

Ash… You're making a mistake…

You saved her life and mine, and you restored her to me, and yet you want no reward?

'Yes, I want a reward! I don't want to hurt her! I know I'm making a mistake! Do they think I want to do this?! But…' He inhaled the scent of the rose, 'but…She loves me!' He smiled as he twirled the rose in his fingers. 'But,' his eyes widened, 'The Waterflower Curse!'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Pikachu! Pikachu, where are you?" Misty whispered through the gardens. She kept coming upon pathways lit, and ones that would close up behind her, but she kept going. She needed to find her friend, who was always right in front of her. The little mouse finally stopped on a bridge.

Misty ran forward and fell down next to Pikachu. "Ooh, what are you doing out here?!" She asked the Pokémon as she picked it up and held it to her chest. She looked down at it, never noticing the man walking up behind her. She finally noticed it when a shadow fell across her. She gasped and whirled around.

"Your Imperial Highness. Look what ten years has done to us. You are a beautiful young flower and I … an old, bitter man," The shadowed man spoke as he stepped into the light.

"That face…" Misty said after another gasp.

"Last seen at a party like this one? Followed by a chilling night on the ice?" He questioned, walking towards the bridge and looking down at the rushing river under it.

"A curse!" Misty continued, looking at the Reliquary dangling from the very old man's belt-sash.

Giovanni smiled as he picked it up and pointed it at Misty. A sweep of ice and magic shot out at Misty, messing her hair and tearing her dress. The river froze, as did everything else around her. Misty stumbled as she stood up, her sleeves torn off, dress skirt battered, crown throne off, bunches of hair down from the buns, and blue sash ripped off. She looked up at Giovanni's face and shrieked, "Giovanni!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Katie: Whew! Ok, done with this chapter!

Brock: Ok, now we have to tell you all how sorry Katie is about changing people's characters or something.

Katie: What are you talking about, Brock-o? I didn't change anyone's character!

Brock: *confused* How come you're not biting my head off?

Katie: *whaps Brock behind the head* I'm tired. I was at Band Camp for 8 hours, and I only got about 7 hours sleep last night…and I stood for nearly the whole 8 hours…..and I'm tired, and I was on the internet every since I got home, sending CCS picks to my friends… so I'm wiped out….

Brock: *whispering to readers* Ok, be nice in the reviews, she's crabby

Katie: Hey! I heard that! *runs over and smacks him into the wall* I'm not crabby just tired. There is a difference. But, I need to go practice my music now! Sorry for not saying much, but I think Tracey and Brock can take over from here, though I may not like Brock much, I'll give him a chance to make up for his past mistakes!

Ash: *walks onstage with script in hand* Hey…

Katie: *holding throbbing head* Good God, what is it now, Ash?!

Ash: Well, I just wanted to know why I-

Katie: Seem so sappy, so mean, so kind, so what?!

Ash: All of that! I mean, why didn't I take the money?! It was a LOT!

Katie: *stomping over to Ash and hitting him upside the head with his script* Figure it out yourself…*walks offstage muttering 'Aspirin'*

Tracey: *quietly creeping out of the shadows* Ok…*cough, cough* Now, readers- *looks off piece of paper* Katie is sorry for making my character seem harsh in this chapter, and for Brock seeming like a mean jerk towards Pikachu, and for Misty seeming so bitter *looks up and whispers* But she is, so it doesn't matter *coughs* now, Katie wants to explain why Misty and Ash are suddenly remembering things… where is it? *narrows eyes at paper* Ah, there it is. Now, Ok- Misty and Ash got amnesia when Ash got knocked out from the gun-butt and Misty from hitting the train tracks. They're suddenly remembering things because they have a reason to remember (There are pictures and memories around them, so they help the 2 to pull back the memories from the back of their brains). Do you understand? The memories are in their heads, but they're blocked off from remembering because of the amnesia….yeah, ok, that's what Katie's said, and I get it, but I don't know if you all get it….

Brock: I don't get it…

Tracey: *sigh* You wouldn't, would you? Ok, listen, tell Katie what you think of this chapter, it's nearly 8 pages long, and she wrote it pretty quickly!

Brock: *happily* Yeah! And I seem somewhat decent!

Tracey: *sigh* Ok, I need to take the horny dipwad here *jerks thumb towards Brock* backstage and give him a good beating. So, we'll leave you here. I think I'll go help Katie with her 'practice'! ^_~

Brock: Ooh! O_o

Tracey: *whap* That's a good Brock ^_^

Brock: x_x

Tracey: -_- Ok, Brock's going to leave now! *drags Brock by the collar offstage*

Katie: *in her room, hitting her mallets on the keyboard* Dangit!

Tracey: *creeps in and sits behind her, unnoticed*

Katie: You really think you were unnoticed?! *whips head around and smiles at him* Hey baby! *kisses his cheek* Ok, I need to practice, though! And with you here, I can't concentrate! *smiles* But, I don't need to practice! I'm good! I'll easily get the song tomorrow at camp! ^_~

Tracey: So, what do you want to do?! O_o

Katie: *raises an eyebrow* Hmm… *grins and pulls Tracey in by his collar*

Tracey: -_=

(It's fun making up smiles!!!!)