Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Sickness, Worry and True Love ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sickness, Worry and True Love - Part 1

By Kawaii_Cherry_Blossom

(I was BellaWaterFlower when I wrote this one)

Type - AAMRN

Rating - PG-13

Genre - Drama/Romance

Description - What if Misty has a terrible disease? What if it is non-curable? Will true feelings come out? And what is Ash hiding? Read on to find out.

Note - This story is set anytime you like it to be, just Ash is not a Pokémon Master. Brock or Tracey won't be in this fic (unless I decide to bring them in) and the Pokémon won't have much of a role. It is mainly just about our fave couple. ^^

"Ring ring ring, ring ring ring, phone call, phone call", blared the phone, and Ash picked it up.

"Hello, this is Ash Ketchum speaking", he said.

"Ash?" said a weak voice at the other end of the phone.

"Misty? Is that you? Hold on let me turn the video phone on", he said.

He pressed the button to activate the video and an image of Misty appeared. She was as pale as a sheet and looked as if she was going to faint.

"Misty?! What's wrong? What happened?" he almost yelled, concerned.

"Ash", she said even weaker, "I need to talk to you, and I need to get away from here. Please could I come to your house and explain everything?"

"Of course Misty, I'll send Charizard right over", he said.

"Thank you Ash", she replied, and hung up.

Ash hung up the phone and sent out Charizard, "Charizard, Go!"

"Char char!!!!!" Charizard growled.

"Charizard, I need you to go to Cerulean City and pick Misty up for me. And make sure you bring her straight here", Ash explained.

Charizard nodded, and flew straight out of the house.

Ash went into his backyard where Pikachu was playing with the other Pokémon. He sat on the grass and Pikachu walked over to him.

(Note: I am just going to write the Pokémon as talking like people, instead of including the pika pika/toge toge etc)

"Ash, what's wrong?" Pikachu asked

"Misty just rang", Ash said and he looked at the grass, seeming to be deep in thought.

"And? What did she say to you? I thought you'd be happy she rang" Pikachu said.

"She, she said that she needs to tell me something, she's coming here now but…" Ash said.

"But what?" Pikachu answered.

"She didn't look well, Pikachu. She looked really sick, as pale as a sheet. And she sounded so weak", Ash explained.

"She did? Well, maybe she just…doesn't feel well", Pikachu said.

"But why would she want to talk to me so urgently?" Ash asked.

But in reply, Ash heard the low roar of Charizard as it pulled down in front of him. He ran up to it and helped Misty off. She let him guide her into the house, and they sat on the couch in the living room.

"Misty, you look so sick, are you ok?" Ash asked, concerned.

All of a sudden, Misty burst into tears.

"Misty! What's wrong?" he said.

"Ok", she said as she dried her eyes, "Let me explain everything".

Ash nodded and listened as Misty told him the whole story.

"Well, the other day our doctor rang home. And, he told my sister that he had found something on our medical records. Something bad. You see, my mother, she died at childbirth. She died when she gave birth to me. Nobody knew what she died of. They just assumed that it was the way I came out of her. But it turns out it wasn't. Ash, my mother had a disease, called Tuberculosis Type A. That is what she died of. And unfortunately for me, it's hereditary. I looked at the symptoms Ash, I have them all. I have the disease. And I am going to die", she finished as she burst into tears once again.

Ash put his arms around her to comfort her and she cried into his shirt.

"Misty, it's ok, there is no proof that you have the disease. Heaps of people get sick like you are. I tell you what, we'll go to my doctor and you can take a test. That will prove you wrong", Ash said.

Misty nodded, "Thank you Ash. I didn't want to go back to the doctor in Cerulean. And my sisters were pushing me to go there", she said, drying her eyes.

"Ok Misty. Just let me go and tell Pikachu and the others that I'm going", he said.

Misty nodded again and rested on the couch. All of a sudden, everything went black.

When Ash came back into the living room, he saw Misty lying on the couch unconscious.

"Misty?!", he cried.

He ran over to her, "Misty, answer me". But he got no answer. Ash didn't know what to do. She must've just blacked out. He was panicking, when all of a sudden, he felt her stir.

"Misty, are you ok?" he said, relieved.

"Ash, what happened?" she said weakly.

Ash picked her up, "C'mon Misty, we are going to the doctors".

Ash called Charizard inside, "Charizard, could you please take us to the doctor's surgery?"

Charizard nodded and urged for them to get on his back. Ash helped Misty up and then got up himself.

"Hold on Misty", he warned.

"Onto what?" she asked.

But before he could answer, Charizard took off, and Misty threw her arms around Ash's waist. They both blushed but had no choice but to hold on.

Ash and Misty walked inside the doctor's office. Ash had to support her, as she couldn't walk very well.

Ash walked up to the counter, "Excuse me, could we please see the doctor?"

"Sure, you'll just have to wait over there in the waiting room until she's finished", the secretary said, while directing where to go.

Ash nodded and led Misty over to the waiting room. They sat on a couch thoughtfully.

'I know I have that disease. I just know it. What am I going to do? I don't want to die. And I have to tell Ash how I feel. Oh no, here come the tears', thought Misty, as she started crying.

"Misty, please don't cry, you are gonna be fine", Ash said.

"No, you don't know that Ash, you don't know", she said.

Ash took her in his arms and hugged her.

'She can't be sick, she just can't. I have been through this before, I can't be loosing another person to this stupid disease. I don't care what I have to do, if she has this disease, she is not going to die of it. She just isn't!' Ash thought.

"Misty Waterflower", said the secretary, "The doctor will see you now".

Misty got up and walked into the room, while Ash stayed in the waiting room nervously.

"Hello Misty, are you new here?" the doctor said.

"Well, kind of. My friend, Ash Ketchum brought me to you", she replied.

"Oh yes, I know Ash. Well, I am Dr. Katie Reeves. What seems to be the problem?" the doctor said.

"Ok, you see, my mother died giving birth to me, 14 years ago. Nobody knew what caused it. But just now my normal doctor back home found out that my mother actually died of a disease", Misty said.

"I am sorry to hear that Misty. What was the disease called?" Dr. Reeves said.

"It was called Tuberculosis, type A. and they said that it was hereditary. And I have all the symptoms. Dr. Reeves do I have the disease? And am I going to die?" Misty asked as she once again, started crying.

"It's ok Misty. I must say, you do seem to look a bit sick, but in a number of these cases it's just a fever, and nothing else. There are a number of tests we can do to determine if you have TB or not. The easiest is a blood test".

Misty dried her eyes and nodded.

"Now, I'll just get the injection", she said as she walked into an adjoining room. When she came back she had with her a medium sized needle.

"Now Misty", she said, "You will just feel a tiny prick in your arm ok?" Dr. Reeves assured.

"Ok", Misty nodded.

Dr. Reeves put the needle into Misty's arm and drew blood.

"Ok, done", the doctor said.

"How long until the results will be ready Dr.?" Misty asked.

"Well, if I speed them up for you they will be ready in about half an hour".

Misty nodded and walked out of the room.

Ash was waiting patiently in the waiting room when Misty walked in.

"Misty are you ok?" he said as he ran up to her.

"Yeah, I'm ok", she said, "Dr. Reeves gave me a blood test, she said the results would be ready in half an hour. So, do you mind if, if we wait?"

"Yeah Mist, that's fine. And don't worry, you are going to be fine", he assured her.

Misty just lowered her head and sat down with him.

'What is going to happen to me?' she thought, 'I am going to die, go away forever, and all without anyone knowing how I feel about Ash. But I cannot tell him, he doesn't feel the same, what am I gonna do?'

Ash and Misty sat in the waiting room thinking for what seemed like eternity. Ash wanted so much to hold her and kiss her and tell her that everything would be alright. But he couldn't. All he could do was hope…

"Misty, you can come in now", Dr. Reeves said, interrupting Ash's train of thought.

Misty got up, "Ash, would you come with me? I'm scared".

"Sure Mist", he said.

They walked inside the doctors office and sat down.

"Now Misty, the tests have come back".

"What are they doctor, please tell me I am ok", she said hopefully.

"Misty, um, how can I put this? I am very, very sorry, but, but you have Tuberculosis, type A".

To be continued…

That is the end of part one. There will be a few parts to this story. I think this part was a bit boring but it will get better, I promise!

~Sarah