Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Sickness, Worry and True Love ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sickness, Worry and True Love - Part 2

By Kawaii_Cherry_Blossom

(I was BellaWaterFlower when I wrote this one)

Type - AAMRN

Rating - PG-13

Genre - Drama/Romance

Description - What if Misty has a terrible disease? What if it is non-curable? Will true feelings come out? And what is Ash hiding? Read on to find out.

Note - This story is set anytime you like it to be, just Ash is not a Pokémon Master. Brock or Tracey won't be in this fic (unless I decide to bring them in) and the Pokémon won't have much of a role. It is mainly just about our fave couple. ^^

"Misty, um, how can I put this? I am very, very sorry, but, but you have Tuberculosis, type A".

Misty burst into tears.

"I knew it, it knew it, I have it and I'm going to die", she wailed.

Ash was shocked, 'How can I be going through this again?' he thought, and he hugged Misty.

"Now Misty, I know this is hard for you. But I am going to have to explain to you everything about this disease", Dr. Reeves said.

But Misty didn't listen. She got up, and ran out of the office.

"Misty!" Ash cried.

"No Ash, let her go, she probably wants some time alone", Dr. Reeves said.

"Now, I don't think you need to know anything else about TBA do you?" she said.

"There is still no cure?" he asked.

"No Ash, I am very sorry", she answered.

Ash put his head down, fighting back tears. And he ran out of the room, after Misty.

Misty was sitting down near the place where her and Ash first met. 'What am I going to do? I should just kill myself now and get it over and done with. But first I have to tell Ash how I feel. Oh, why did this have to happen?' she thought.

At that moment, Ash ran over.

"Ash, how did you find me", Misty said.

"I knew you'd be here", he replied.

Ash sat down next to her.

"Misty, you have to go the hospital", he said.

"I can't Ash. I hate hospitals".

"Why? Misty if you go there you'll live longer".

"But I don't want to live any more Ash. I know there is no cure to this disease. I know I am going to die. Why not save myself all the pain and just get it over and done with", she said as she once again started crying.

"Oh Misty, you aren't going to die", he said as he put his arm around her.

"How do you know that Ash. You don't have the disease. You don't know how I feel".

"But I do, kinda".

"How?"

"Well Misty, I have a little sister, her name is Tiffany and she is just 7 years old. Nobody knows about her because she has been in the hospital all her life and mom doesn't want anyone to know. The child protection agency threatened to take her away from mom a little while ago. Misty she has TBA. She has had it since she was born. I know there is no cure, but the hospital has been looking after her very good. They say that she won't live much longer, but look how long she did live. Misty if you go to the hospital they'll be able to look after you until they find a cure, which they are very close to finding, and then you'll be fine. I can't loose another person to this disease Misty. I already have almost lost my little sister", he said as tears fell down his face.

"Oh Ash I'm so sorry".

"No, it's ok", he wiped his face.

"C'mon Misty. Let me take you there. You look so weak, I don't know how you can even talk".

Misty nodded, "Ok Ash. I'll do it for you".

Ash forced a smile and helped her up. They then walked slowly to the hospital, Ash holding her in his arms to support her.

"Ah, so you have come back", Dr. Reeves said.

"Yes. Please get her a room right away Dr." Ash said.

Misty was even weaker now. She could barely even stand up. She was put in a wheelchair and led to a room. It was a typical hospital room. White white and white.

"Now Misty, you will be in here from now until you get better", explained the doctor.

Misty nodded, as she was helped onto the bed.

"And Ash, Tiffany is just down the hall. I'm sure she will be happy to see you", Dr. Reeves said as she walked out the door, "Oh, and Misty, I'd like you to get some sleep. You need all the energy you can get to get through this".

Ash walked up to Misty's bed.

"Misty, you should get some sleep. You need lots of energy, just like the doctor said. I am going to see Tiffany and I'll be back when you wake up ok?" Ash said.

"Ok Ash", she replied.

Ash walked down the hall into where the doctor had directed. He entered the room to see a small girl, about the age of 7, laying on a bed, hooked up to so many machines that you could hardly see her. She had long, black hair and dark eyes, just like Ash.

"Tiffany, are you awake?" he said quietly.

The small, frail girl looked up and cried, "Ash!!!!! Ash you're back!!"

Ash gave a weak smile. "And I see you're still your old self".

He went and sat next to her.

"So how have you been?" he asked.

"Ok, they still haven't found a cure".

"Oh", Ash said, lowering his head.

"Ash why are you here? Shouldn't you be training?" she asked her brother.

Ash felt a tear in his eye, but he quickly wiped it away.

"Well, you see, a friend of mine has TBA".

"Oh no Ash".

"Yeah, but she is going to pull through, and so are you as soon as they find a cure".

"I hope so", she said.

Ash and Tiffany talked for about an hour. Then Ash snuck out to call Pikachu.

"Pikachu, are ya there buddy?" Ash asked as someone picked up the phone.

"No honey it's me", Mrs. Ketchum replied.

"Mom! What are you doing home so quick?" Ash asked.

"Well, the cruise had to be cut short. There is some bad weather coming. Where are you Ash?"

"I'm at the hospital".

"What! What are you doing there? Did something happen to you, or Tiffany?"

"No, we're both ok".

"Well then what's wrong?"

"It's Misty mom. She, she has TBA".

"Oh Ash, I'm sorry honey".

Ash lowered his head, "So I am going to stay here with her tonight. Could you please tell Pikachu that everything is fine".

"Sure honey. And Ash".

"Yes".

"Don't worry. Everything will turn out fine".

Ash sighed and hung up the phone.

Ash walked into the room where Misty was staying in. She was lying in bed with her eyes open. Just looking at the ceiling. She didn't have many machined hooked up to her yet. Just the heart and pulse monitor. But Ash knew that was soon to come.

"Misty".

"Who's there?" she asked as she sat up, "Oh, hi Ash".

Ash smiled and sat next to her.

"Ash", she said quietly.

"Yeah Mist?"

"I am going to die aren't I?"

"What! No Misty of course you're not".

"I can face the truth Ash".

"You aren't going to die Misty", he answered, "And I don't want to hear another thing about it".

Misty looked at him, straight into his eyes. 'I could get lost in his eyes. I don't want to leave him, ever. But my fate only becomes clearer every minute as I get weaker. And there's nothing I can do about it', she thought.

Weeks passed and both Misty and Tiffany grew weaker than before. Tiffany had blacked out a couple of times, but Misty was still fighting. One morning Ash came to the hospital and walked up to Misty's room. There was a doctor in there. Ash ran up to him, hoping that nothing was wrong.

"Dr. what is going on?"

"This young girl is getting weaker by the minute. She has just fallen unconscious".

"She's going to be ok isn't she? I mean, she'll be fine until they find a cure won't she?"

"I'm sorry Ash. But these types of cases are unpredictable. I'm afraid I cannot tell you whether she is going to live".

"No! She will be fine! She has to be I won't loose her!"

"You have to get a-hold of yourself Ash. You cannot let this ruin your life".

"But without her I have no life".

The doctor gave him a worried look and walked out of the room. Ash sat next to Misty.

"Misty, you have to wake up. Please wake up Mist. Please. Ash put his head on the bed and cried himself to sleep.

"Young man, excuse me young man".

"Huh?" Ash grumbled.

"Young man you fell asleep. Your friend's awake".

"Misty!"

The man left Ash in the room.

"Misty, I'm so happy you woke up".

"I'm sorry I worried you Ash. I didn't know you cared so much".

"I, ah, of course I care Misty you're my closest friend".

'A friend. Is that all he sees me as? I guess he doesn't love me. I did all that fighting for nothing', Misty thought.

Ash left Misty to rest for the rest of the day.

The next day when Ash came back he saw his mother sitting there crying.

"Mom, what's wrong mom what happened?"

"Ash it's Tiffany. She, she died overnight".

Ash was frozen. He had never lost anyone close to him before. He sat down next to his mother and she cradled him. He cried and cried and cried.

"I have to go and see Misty, mom", he said, drying his eyes.

"Ok honey. And don't worry, everything will be fine".

"Ash gave his mother a frown and walked to Misty's room.

When he got to Misty's room she was not there.

"Excuse me nurse. Where is the girl that was in this room?" Ash asked a nearby nurse, worried that something had happened to her.

"Oh, the young red head. She has been taken to the emergency room".

"WHAT! Why? What has happened to her?"

"I'm sorry young man, but I don't know".

Ash nodded and ran down the hallway. He followed the directions to the ER. When he got there, there was doctors surrounding the stretcher. He ran inside and was automatically pushed back by a doctor.

"I'm sorry young man, but you can't come in here".

"But…".

"No buts, get out".

"Please, please just tell me what is going on".

"I'm sorry. But you have to leave".

Ash was walking out the door when he heard the head doctor yell out, "We're loosing her!"

Ash ran back up to a doctor.

"She's dying isn't she?!"

He was pulled to the side by Dr. Reeves.

"Dr. tell me what's going on please", Ash asked, fighting back tears.

"I'm sorry Ash. But we're loosing her. And there's nothing we can do about it any more".

To be continued…

~Sarah